PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Rose going 1 on 1 with teammates.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Mind you, he's not going 100%.

http://wgntv.com/2013/03/26/derrick-rose-plays-1-on-1-in-bulls-practice/

SCdac
03-26-2013, 06:06 PM
can't wait to see him come back. one of the funnest players to watch. Bulls could use him too. they've had two 60-something point games this season and seven 70-something point games

9erempiree
03-26-2013, 06:13 PM
He's not going 100 percent because he can't.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 06:15 PM
He's not going 100 percent because he can't.

He's not going 100% because it's practice, and that's a fun game of 1 on 1.

Have you seen any footage of him going full out on a fast break situation, or him playing in a 5 on 5???

I rest my case.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 06:17 PM
He looks completely fine, and he's doing everything that's physically possible in practices, yet decides he doesn't want to play???

9erempiree
03-26-2013, 06:18 PM
He's not going 100% because it's practice, and that's a fun game of 1 on 1.

Have you seen any footage of him going full out on a fast break situation, or him playing in a 5 on 5???

I rest my case.

There's no footage because he doesn't participate in them. It's all mental. The dude is still worried about that leg.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 06:18 PM
There's no footage because he doesn't participate in them. It's all mental. The dude is still worried about that leg.

:facepalm You just killed your own argument with this post right here.

Good bye.

9erempiree
03-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Who cares about this year. He's the future and let the dude comeback next year. Stop being selfish and wanting to watch him play.

I wasn't making an argument. I was just saying the dude doesn't want to play and he's not trying out there because he still has mental issues regarding that knee.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Who cares about this year. He's the future and let the dude comeback next year. Stop being selfish and wanting to watch him play.

I wasn't making an argument. I was just saying the dude doesn't want to play and he's not trying out there because he still has mental issues regarding that knee.

Playing in games is the final step in the rehab process. It's not about being selfish. You don't know what you're talking about.

His mental issues are the same as ANY player rehabbing through an ACL injury, but they play through the mental hurdles in order to get back to their former self, if they ever do.

Lastly, it's been recently brought to people's attention that it has nothing to do with the "mental hurdles", but his unwillingness to play this year because of his brother, Reggie Rose, and his agent, BJ Armstrong's persuasions.

Also, seems like there is some inner turmoil between him, and the Bulls FO, regarding the roster, and them leaking the "medical clearance" news.

9erempiree
03-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Playing in games is the final step in the rehab process. It's not about being selfish. You don't know what you're talking about.

His mental issues are the same as ANY player rehabbing through an ACL injury, but they play through the mental hurdles in order to get back to their former self, if they ever do.

Lastly, it's been recently brought to people's attention that it has nothing to do with the "mental hurdles", but his unwillingness to play this year because of his brother, Reggie Rose, and his agent, BJ Armstrong's persuasions.

Also, seems like there is some inner turmoil between him, and the Bulls FO, regarding the roster, and them leaking the "medical clearance" news.

Just let him sit. He's the freaking future.

The team is not really going anywhere and he's the freaking franchise player. You won't find a player like that. Heck, it must have been a huge hangover after the MJ era and you guys have a superstar on your team.

You do what you got to do and if he doesn't want to play. Don't force him. Forcing him is going to cause turmoil and I would love to see him in the purple and gold.

Boogey
03-26-2013, 06:28 PM
He looks completely fine, and he's doing everything that's physically possible in practices, yet decides he doesn't want to play???Bulls won't beat heat, until rose has more help. Rose knows this.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Just let him sit. He's the freaking future.

The team is not really going anywhere and he's the freaking franchise player. You won't find a player like that. Heck, it must have been a huge hangover after the MJ era and you guys have a superstar on your team.

You do what you got to do and if he doesn't want to play. Don't force him. Forcing him is going to cause turmoil and I would love to see him in the purple and gold.

Forcing him to play 3 mos. ago would've been rushing him. Wanting him to play now, when there's no risk of re injury, and all signs point to him being 100% ready for an NBA game are completely different.

P.S. Rose would never join the Lakers. :wtf:

nathanjizzle
03-26-2013, 06:32 PM
P.S. Rose would never join the Lakers. :wtf:

:facepalm yes he would.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Bulls won't beat heat, until rose has more help. Rose knows this.

And that's exactly why a lot of Bulls fans are criticizing him for sitting out.

Not to mention, that has nothing to do with him sitting out. There's been reports that Rose and his camp have been planning on him sitting out this whole year, regardless, plus there's a potential rift between Rose's camp and the FO.

9erempiree
03-26-2013, 06:35 PM
This is the beginning of the hate on Rose.

I'm all for it. I will help you make a thread.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 06:35 PM
:facepalm yes he would.

You have no faith in the native son from Chicago. :facepalm

Fake ass fan.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 06:38 PM
This is the beginning of the hate on Rose.

I'm all for it. I will help you make a thread.

No, this is just you trying to bait someone that strongly feels like Rose should be playing, and interpreting that as Rose hating.

Foster5k
03-26-2013, 06:39 PM
"I need to be mentally ready" is code for "This team isn't going anywhere this season, so I'm sitting out."

It's his way of being Kobe without being Kobe. Kobe would just demand a trade. Rose is basically giving a clue that the FO needs to make some moves and make them fast. Rose is ready to play. The question is, are the Bulls ready for Rose.

nathanjizzle
03-26-2013, 06:40 PM
You have no faith in the native son from Chicago. :facepalm

Fake ass fan.

yea that makes sense. d rose hangsout in la every summer, he just wouldnt consider going to the lakers? because chicago weather > la weather. because d rose only wants to live in 1 place his whole life.

i use logic, not talk out of my ass like u

tikay0
03-26-2013, 06:41 PM
"I need to be mentally ready" is code for "This team isn't going anywhere this season, so I'm sitting out."

It's his way of being Kobe without being Kobe. Kobe would just demand a trade. Rose is basically giving a clue that the FO needs to make some moves and make them fast. Rose is ready to play. The question is, are the Bulls ready for Rose.

You hit the nail on the head. That's why Bulls fans are starting to get pissed at Rose.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 06:42 PM
yea that makes sense. d rose hangsout in la every summer, he just wouldnt consider going to the lakers? because chicago weather > la weather. because d rose only wants to live in 1 place his whole life.

i use logic, not talk out of my ass like u

D Rose can spend his whole summer in LA, Miami, Mexico, Bahamas. :facepalm

He's staying in Chicago. Fake ass fan.

Boogey
03-26-2013, 06:43 PM
And that's exactly why a lot of Bulls fans are criticizing him for sitting out.

Not to mention, that has nothing to do with him sitting out. There's been reports that Rose and his camp have been planning on him sitting out this whole year, regardless, plus there's a potential rift between Rose's camp and the FO.Even thou I expect to see him in the post season, I don't blame him; the man is/was hurt.

nathanjizzle
03-26-2013, 06:43 PM
D Rose can spend his whole summer in LA, Miami, Mexico, Bahamas. :facepalm

He's staying in Chicago. Fake ass fan.

cool bro. you seem to assume things wihtout any logic or facts.

Dro
03-26-2013, 06:54 PM
If you're criticizing Rose, and have never had a serious knee injury yourself, then you have no room to criticize...I have a history of serious knee injuries to both knees..torn ACL's, dislocated kneecaps and I used to LOVE to play ball....But for the past 5 years or so, I don't play at all because that mental hurdle is VERY hard to overcome...Its not the running...Its when you spin, or back pedal, or have to move laterally to guard someone, or when you jump in traffic, you're ALWAYS thinking about your knee...Even if technically you're 200% recovered physically from the injury, hell your knee could even be stronger and it still just never FEELS right...Never feels as natural to play how you want to, like it did before the injuries...Thats why I give guys who come back from torn ACL's, ALL the credit in the world...Now they do have money to motivate them...I was getting back on the court with no incentive.....

Edit: Rose has probably the most herky-jerky game in the NBA where he's always hopping around, doing jump-stops and hop steps and relying on his explosion...A lot of other players, David West for example, are not that type of player and he STILL struggled last year coming off his injury...Everybody talks about how Shumpert and Rose got hurt on the same day...Yeah Shumpert is playing but how effective has he been? Not very effective from what I've seen and you can still tell he's timid when he's on the court....So is he helping or hurting the team?

tikay0
03-26-2013, 06:56 PM
If you're criticizing Rose, and have never had a serious knee injury yourself, then you have no room to criticize...I have a history of serious knee injuries to both knees..torn ACL's, dislocated kneecaps and I used to LOVE to play ball....But for the past 5 years or so, I don't play at all because that mental hurdle is VERY hard to overcome...Its not the running...Its when you spin, or back pedal, or have to move laterally to guard someone, or when you jump in traffic, you're ALWAYS thinking about your knee...Even if technically you're 200% recovered physically from the injury, hell your knee could even be stronger and it still just never FEELS right...Never feels as natural to play how you want to, like it did before the injuries...Thats why I give guys who come back from torn ACL's, ALL the credit in the world...Now they do have money to motivate them...I was getting back on the court with no incentive.....

Yeah, it's not like he's doing all the things you've just mentioned. :rolleyes: :facepalm

Dro
03-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Yeah, it's not like he's doing all the things you've just mentioned. :rolleyes: :facepalm
Thx for a half hearted response when I gave a pretty detailed explanation of my reasoning...Yeah, you have no agenda :facepalm

And playing in a real game is much different than practice...

tikay0
03-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Thx for a half hearted response when I gave a pretty detailed explanation of my reasoning...Yeah, you have no agenda :facepalm

And playing in a real game is much different than practice...

I didn't mean to insult your reply. I read it all, and I feel like you made some valid points, but I'm just saying that Rose has been participating in every form of practice. He's gone through 5 on 5's, and then some.

That's exactly my point. He can play all the 5 on 5's he wants, but nothing will simulate a real life game, besides a real life game, so why avoid the inevitable, when you're 100% ready to go?

It all comes down to Rose's camp, and what they're telling him to do.

Crystallas
03-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Sadly, I can't say this is the dumbest thread I have ever read. But I'll still call it the dumbest thread I have ever read, anyways.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Sadly, I can't say this is the dumbest thread I have ever read. But I'll still call it the dumbest thread I have ever read, anyways.

Crystallas
03-26-2013, 07:12 PM
umad LOL

Mad and stupid. Rose at 100% = Rose 10 seconds before Game 1 of the playoff last year. Thus why Rose has repeatedly said, 110%. He wants to not only recover, but condition his knees to a point of full confidence. Pretty damn simple logic.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 07:15 PM
umad LOL

Mad and stupid. Rose at 100% = Rose 10 seconds before Game 1 of the playoff last year. Thus why Rose has repeatedly said, 110%. He wants to not only recover, but condition his knees to a point of full confidence. Pretty damn simple logic.

His knee is 110% recovered. He wants his GAME back at 110%, which is impossible without actual game play.

P.S. That wasn't Rose at 100%. That was more like 90%. He just came back against the Dallas Mavericks before that game, and the 76ers game was his 2nd game back from whatever injury he had at the time.

SyRyanYang
03-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Bulls are a solid playoffs team without their best player. How can he give up on hi s team like this

Crystallas
03-26-2013, 07:19 PM
His knee is 110% recovered.

Source?

tikay0
03-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Source?

:facepalm Why do you think he's been medically cleared, and playing 5 on 5's, and doing EVERYTHING there is to do with practice?

I can easily Google an article right now, but I want you to ponder on your stupidity.

Crystallas
03-26-2013, 07:26 PM
:facepalm Why do you think he's been medically cleared, and playing 5 on 5's, and doing EVERYTHING there is to do with practice?

I can easily Google an article right now, but I want you to ponder on your stupidity.

Show me 110%. Just once from a real source. Canyadoit?

tikay0
03-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Show me 110%. Just once from a real source. Canyadoit?

"Derrick Rose' knee is 110% ready." ~ Ugandan Tribunal

ortonsaw
03-26-2013, 07:36 PM
yep hes done

Glide2keva
03-26-2013, 09:39 PM
He was looking good out there. He had his hesitations and hop steps. Why isn't he playing again?

brandonislegend
03-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Not everyone is Adrian Peterson.

tikay0
03-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Not everyone is Adrian Peterson.

I love this argument. People seem to forget that he wasn't AP until week 7. He said himself that he didn't feel fully explosive until then.

The problem is Rose doesn't want to go through the necessary phase in order to get back to pre injury levels.

I don't know if it's his pride or what, but he doesn't want to look like Shumpert, and Rubio when they first came back. He doesn't realize that, that's necessary.

nightprowler10
03-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Nice to see some lift on that jumper.

francesco totti
03-26-2013, 10:50 PM
when he got injured last year, they said it will take between 8 to 12 months..

he is doing the right thing, not rushing things.

Derivative
03-27-2013, 03:28 AM
his skills look really regressed from that video

LBJ_MVP09
03-27-2013, 11:40 AM

Edit: Rose has probably the most herky-jerky game in the NBA where he's always hopping around, doing jump-stops and hop steps and relying on his explosion...A lot of other players, David West for example, are not that type of player and he STILL struggled last year coming off his injury...Everybody talks about how Shumpert and Rose got hurt on the same day...Yeah Shumpert is playing but how effective has he been? Not very effective from what I've seen and you can still tell he's timid when he's on the court....So is he helping or hurting the team?

You are missing the point entirely. No one is saying it is easy to come back after a knee injury, it is extremely hard to do mentally and physically. But guess what, countless players have done it because they have to. If Rose was still physically unprepared you'd have a case. The only way to fully get through a mental block like that is to play through it. And you are right, your example isn't the same, this is his job and he's paid very well to do it. Not to mention when Rose plays, attendance will go up, sales will go up, etc.

SilkkTheShocker
03-27-2013, 11:44 AM
I would like to see him go 1 on 1 with LeBron again.

(e)
03-27-2013, 12:47 PM
ACL is an 8-12 month rehab process. Rose is still in that window.

I'd rather have him back 100% physically and mentally before he returns. I'll agree that the final step in the rehab process is actually getting onto the court, but the Bulls aren't going anywhere in the near future and are already in the Playoffs - absolutely no reason for Rose to rush back.

BuffaloBill
03-27-2013, 03:02 PM
I wish I got paid millions of dollars to do nothing

Go Getter
03-27-2013, 03:04 PM
I wish I got paid millions of dollars to do nothing
You wouldn't make it through an NBA practice/training session without crying like a little bish.

BuffaloBill
03-27-2013, 03:08 PM
You wouldn't make it through an NBA practice/training session without crying like a little bish.

I would wipe my tears with 100 dollar bills.

tikay0
03-27-2013, 03:11 PM
@KCJHoop: DRose on tonight being his bobblehead night: "It would’ve been perfect if I was playing but guess not." #Bulls :facepalm

Way to word things Derrick. He's been pissing me off with his recent "sorry, but not sorry" comments.

TMT
03-27-2013, 03:13 PM
The NBA hasn't been the same with Rose out. Can't wait for him to be back!

SwayDizzle
03-27-2013, 03:52 PM
his skills look really regressed from that video
that's what I was thinking

chips93
03-27-2013, 06:18 PM
vlad locking rose up

:bowdown:

LikeABosh
03-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Rose is mentally fragile. Something is wrong with him.

willds09
03-27-2013, 06:21 PM
rose not ready yet, you can tell hes scared to use his speed and jump:facepalm

unknowns8
03-27-2013, 06:38 PM

:biggums:

how do you know that?

seriously, you're making a comment about someones mental state whom you've never spoken to in person about, so I have to ask how the hell do you know for certain his mental issues are the same as ANY player rehabilitating from a torn ACL?

since you are so good at judging peoples mental issues, how's rondo going with his mental issues as he rehabilitates from the same injury?

the more you profess to know about peoples mental states, the dumber you sound.

tikay0
03-27-2013, 06:46 PM

how do you know that?

seriously, you're making a comment about someones mental state whom you've never spoken to in person about, so I have to ask how the hell do you know for certain his mental issues are the same as ANY player rehabilitating from a torn ACL?

since you are so good at judging peoples mental issues, how's rondo going with his mental issues as he rehabilitates from the same injury?

the more you profess to know about peoples mental states, the dumber you sound.

:facepalm

You are atrociously stupid.

How do I know that every athlete has had some sort of mental hurdle they had to overcome when dealing with an ACL injury???

Did you really just ask me that?

tikay0
03-27-2013, 06:48 PM
According to ESPN, they're now using the excuse that they cant get enough people in practice to simulate the traps Rose would get in a real game...............wow :wtf:

Writing's on the wall. They never planned on him returning in the first place.

Also said the same thing. No cutoff date, can return in the 2nd game of the playoffs if he's feeling right. Nukka please!

Go Getter
03-27-2013, 06:50 PM

How do I know that every athlete has had some sort of mental hurdle they had to overcome when dealing with an ACL injury???

He is used to being the fastest player on the court since HS.....his issues are the same as Rubio's?

Dude is right to call you stupid man, you're having a "classic" meltdown over this issue.

Go Getter
03-27-2013, 06:51 PM
According to ESPN, they're now using the excuse that they cant get enough people in practice to simulate the traps Rose would get in a real game...............wow :wtf:

Writing's on the wall. They never planned on him returning in the first place.

Also said the same thing. No cutoff date, can return in the 2nd game of the playoffs if he's feeling right. Nukka please!
You take these "stories" from his "camp" and run with them ...better yet, take them on a long walk down a short plank.

nightprowler10
03-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Meltdown indeed. Calm the **** down man.

tikay0
03-27-2013, 06:54 PM
He is used to being the fastest player on the court since HS.....his issues are the same as Rubio's?

Dude is right to call you stupid man, you're having a "classic" meltdown over this issue.

Responding back to a stupid post isn't having a meltdown.

Your back and fourth with several other posters last night was a melt down. :oldlol:

tikay0
03-27-2013, 06:56 PM
You take these "stories" from his "camp" and run with them ...better yet, take them on a long walk down a short plank.

It's excuse after excuse after excuse. It proves a point that I was right. He should have been playing all along, but they planned on sitting out regardless. Hence, the health was a smoke screen.

It also proves the point that you had no clue what you were talking about, and blindly defended Rose's stance, because you're a clueless "fan".

Like I said before, you aren't following this story close enough. You only see tid bits here and there, and equate Rose and ACL injury. Now please, stop being idiotic.

LikeABosh
03-27-2013, 06:56 PM
I wonder if Adidas regrets spending millions and millions of money to hype of Rose's "return" that won't even happen.

tikay0
03-27-2013, 06:59 PM
I wonder if Adidas regrets spending millions and millions of money to hype of Rose's "return" that won't even happen.

They still have all Summer to air some new commercials.

I'll still be mad right now, but as soon as I see a new Rose returns commercial, I'll be eagerly waiting.

nathanjizzle
03-27-2013, 07:01 PM
tikay, what is ur ultimate goal anyway? too bash derrick rose because hes not strong enough for you to return when you want him too?

unknowns8
03-27-2013, 07:02 PM

HAHAHA - your stupidity amuses me!

you stated "His mental issues are the same as ANY player rehabbing through an ACL injury" and I've asked you to qualify that statement... what's so hard about that?

Coz I know you're a tad slow on the old uptake, i'll put it to you plainly... what are the mental issues D.Rose is facing whilst rehabilitating from the ACL injury and how did you come to know this?

You're statement leads the reader to assume you know what Rose is dealing with. I'm 99.9% certain you don't know what he is dealing with because you don't know D.Rose personally... you're making assumptions and speculating about someone you don't know and then presenting them as facts... which is extremely flawed and dumb ... this which is what I'm trying to highlight to you ... :facepalm

tikay0
03-27-2013, 07:03 PM
tikay, what is ur ultimate goal anyway? too bash derrick rose because hes not strong enough for you to return when you want him too?

No, my ultimate goal is to make people realize he IS strong enough to return, and he SHOULD have already returned, SO STOP DEFENDING THE KID LIKE HE'S 12. Stop giving him a reason to not care about returning. Stop putting him above the team, like you and a lot of other posters do.

tikay0
03-27-2013, 07:05 PM
HAHAHA - your stupidity amuses me!

you stated "His mental issues are the same as ANY player rehabbing through an ACL injury" and I've asked you to qualify that statement... what's so hard about that?

Coz I know you're a tad slow on the old uptake, i'll put it to you plainly... what are the mental issues D.Rose is facing whilst rehabilitating from the ACL injury and how did you come to know this?

You're statement leads the reader to assume you know what Rose is dealing with. I'm 99.9% certain you don't know what he is dealing with because you don't know D.Rose personally... you're making assumptions and speculating about someone you don't know and then presenting them as facts... which is extremely flawed and dumb ... this which is what I'm trying to highlight to you ... :facepalm

He's stated on numerous occasions, he wants to come back when he feels "normal". If you've been following the situation you wouldn't even have to ask me.

You're arguing semantics at this point. His mental hurdles are the same mental hurdles as anyone else with an ACL injury. Needing the confidence to get back to pre injury levels. He needs to be playing in games in order to achieve that.

Go Getter
03-27-2013, 07:06 PM
It's excuse after excuse after excuse. It proves a point that I was right. He should have been playing all along, but they planned on sitting out regardless. Hence, the health was a smoke screen.

It also proves the point that you had no clue what you were talking about, and blindly defended Rose's stance, because you're a clueless "fan".

Like I said before, you aren't following this story close enough. You only see tid bits here and there, and equate Rose and ACL injury. Now please, stop being idiotic.
The timetable for return is 8-12 months. It isn't even the playoffs yet, you're being an unbearable moron making multiple threads and harping on it like a nag on the rag.

tikay0
03-27-2013, 07:06 PM
I"m out, pregame's started.

Go Getter
03-27-2013, 07:20 PM
No, my ultimate goal is to make people realize he IS strong enough to return, and he SHOULD have already returned, SO STOP DEFENDING THE KID LIKE HE'S 12. Stop giving him a reason to not care about returning. Stop putting him above the team, like you and a lot of other posters do.

I would like to see him play too but what you fail to realize that if he isn't ready for whatever reason it is his perrogative and his body.

Take it down a notch and be patient man.

Jailblazers7
03-27-2013, 08:04 PM
I'd be having a mental breakdown too if I had to watch the Bulls offense every night.

Go Getter
03-27-2013, 08:13 PM
I'd be having a mental breakdown too if I had to watch the Bulls offense every night.
You got that off

Jailblazers7
03-27-2013, 08:19 PM
You got that off

Bad timing. :oldlol:

Still doesn't change that 29th in the league in scoring rank.

Go Getter
03-27-2013, 08:23 PM
Bad timing. :oldlol:

Still doesn't change that 29th in the league in scoring rank.
I know right?:lol

But you made me laugh so I gotta give you props even though I'm :cry: on the inside watching my team struggle offensively.