PDA

View Full Version : The knicks and the bulls can beat the Heat if healthy

juju151111
03-28-2013, 02:06 PM
If everyone returns relatively healthy these two teams can beat the heat or at least take it to 7 games.

SilkkTheShocker
03-28-2013, 02:08 PM
6%

willds09
03-28-2013, 02:09 PM
6%
somebodys real delusional:lol :oldlol: :roll:

TheMan
03-28-2013, 02:09 PM
We learned that the Heat don't like getting pushed around. I think a lot of teams will try and be very physical with them from now on.

They had a 27 game winning streak on the line, you know they didn't half ass it and they looked pissed and shook afterwards...

TheMan
03-28-2013, 02:10 PM
6%
Ha, how'd you like that game last night?:roll:

Real Men Wear Green
03-28-2013, 02:10 PM
That 27-game win streak didn't happen that long ago, did it?

SilkkTheShocker
03-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Like I said, people are grasping at straws hating on Miami. They won 27 straight games. The last time Bulls fans got this cocky their team almost got swept in the playoffs and their "MVP" got held to 6% shooting.

francesco totti
03-28-2013, 02:15 PM
still take boston , if ur talking healthy teams

1 - boston
2 - chicago
3 - indiana

then new york.

juju151111
03-28-2013, 02:16 PM
We learned that the Heat don't like getting pushed around. I think a lot of teams will try and be very physical with them from now on.

They had a 27 game winning streak on the line, you know they didn't half ass it and they looked pissed and shook afterwards...
Not every team have the players to do that. The knicks at the start of the season were on a tear until their PG went down and other various injuries. Felt on is finally back along with Menlo and the knicks are looking much better. Tyson Chandler is the only piece the 100% needs to be back if they want a chance. The bulls have been good too before Noah and Gibson went down. If Rose comes back with them at around 90% the bulls could pull it off. The bulls is still a top 5 defensive team that just needs a scoring punch.

willds09
03-28-2013, 02:17 PM

1 - boston
2 - chicago
3 - indiana

then new york.
somebody iz beyond delusional now damn:lol :oldlol: :roll:

juju151111
03-28-2013, 02:17 PM

1 - boston
2 - chicago
3 - indiana

then new york.
The knicks are better then all those teams when healthy except maybe the bulls

jimmy77x
03-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Like I said, I am i lonely no life fa*got who looks like a dumbass day in and day out because of my delusional statements.

Well its nice you would admit that :applause:

Real Men Wear Green
03-28-2013, 02:19 PM

1 - boston
2 - chicago
3 - indiana

then new york.
It would be wonderful but the Cs have had too many injuries and even before Rondo got hurt were nowhere near Miami. Unless an amazing trade happens in the offseason there will be no more title contention in the Pierce/Garnett era. I'm just hoping Ainge pulls something off during Rondo's prime.

Real Men Wear Green
03-28-2013, 02:22 PM
The closest thing to a threat to Miami in the EC is Indy because they have bigs who can score and some good athletic wings if Granger is playing at a high level come postseason. No one else should even take two games in a series.

willds09
03-28-2013, 02:23 PM
The closest thing to a threat to Miami in the EC is Indy because they have bigs who can score and some good athletic wings if Granger is playing at a high level come postseason. No one else should even take two games in a series.
:biggums:

Real Men Wear Green
03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
:biggums:
The sad thing is, that's the most lucid thing you've written since you started posting here.

willds09
03-28-2013, 02:29 PM
The sad thing is, that's the most lucid thing you've written since you started posting here.
didnt we just bust your ass tha other day?? :lol talking about indiana is tha only threat, u still mad we handed u that ass whipping:roll:

Real Men Wear Green
03-28-2013, 02:34 PM
didnt we just bust your ass tha other day?? :lol talking about indiana is tha only threat, u still mad we handed u that ass whipping:roll:
"We?" The Knicks beat the Celtics 2 days ago. The Bobcats have beat the Cs as well, are they going to take Miami now? That's not the standard, if it was I would have talked about how well teams are matching up with the Cs. Winning a game vs a team that's hovered around .500 and struggled with age and injury means nothing. We're talking about the NBA Champions who just won 27 games straight and re:NY had very little trouble eliminating the Knicks last season.

Real Men Wear Green
03-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Seriously considering ignoring Knick fans. A lot of dumb arguments of late.

Clutch
03-28-2013, 02:38 PM
I disagree. Last year the Pacers beat them twice just because Bosh was out.

Pacers stand no chance against the healthy Heat team. They simply can't score.
You're only going to beat the Heat if you have a combination of offense,defense and rebounding. Pacers can play defense and rebound the ball but couldn't score to save their life.

There are no teams in the East that have a legit shot at beating Miami,especially considering all the injuries (Rose,Rondo...).

willds09
03-28-2013, 02:41 PM
"We?" The Knicks beat the Celtics 2 days ago. The Bobcats have beat the Cs as well, are they going to take Miami now? That's not the standard, if it was I would have talked about how well teams are matching up with the Cs. Winning a game vs a team that's hovered around .500 and struggled with age and injury means nothing. We're talking about the NBA Champions who just won 27 games straight and re:NY had very little trouble eliminating the Knicks last season.
u pitiful:lol keyword u said LAST SEASON, and we still had injuries, alot of injuries, dont act like we are not number 2 in tha east, 6 in a row, and beat tha heat already this season 2-1, u are making no sense:facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
03-28-2013, 02:41 PM
I disagree. Last year the Pacers beat them twice just because Bosh was out.

Pacers stand no chance against the healthy Heat team. They simply can't score.
You're only going to beat the Heat if you have a combination of offense,defense and rebounding. Pacers can play defense and rebound the ball but couldn't score to save their life.

There are no teams in the East that have a legit shot at beating Miami,especially considering all the injuries (Rose,Rondo...).
That's why I added the qualifier of Granger playing at a high level. It doesn't look likely right now but there was a time he has a 20+ppg scorer and he's only 29 (30 in April).

willds09
03-28-2013, 02:42 PM
naw ur dumb for saying statements that dont that make no damn sense, cuz u are mad at tha knicks:lol

Real Men Wear Green
03-28-2013, 02:46 PM
u pitiful:lol keyword u said LAST SEASON, and we still had injuries, alot of injuries, dont act like we are not number 2 in tha east, 6 in a row, and beat tha heat already this season 2-1, u are making no sense:facepalm
NY is on a nice win streak now but only two weeks ago they were losing 4 straight. The team is up-and-down with an offense that relies heavily on threes. Taking a game or two in the regular season means nothing. The Raptors once beat the 72-win Bulls. When Miami is focused in on destroying the Knicks in a series it's not going to be close unless Melo goes for 50 (extremely unlikely vs. LeBron James).

Clutch
03-28-2013, 02:46 PM
That's why I added the qualifier of Granger playing at a high level. It doesn't look likely right now but there was a time he has a 20+ppg scorer and he's only 29 (30 in April).
That's a big if. Granger is a good offensive player but not good enough to be a #1 option on a team that wants to beat Miami.
So far only the Mavs beat them and Dirk needed to play out of his mind to do it.

Healthy Bulls,Knicks and Celtics might have a shot. But neither of these teams is healthy.
I don't like Miami and I want to see them lose. But they are clearly a level above everyone in the league and 2 levels above anyone in the East.

willds09
03-28-2013, 02:49 PM
NY is on a nice win streak now but only two weeks ago they were losing 4 straight. The team is up-and-down with an offense that relies heavily on threes. Taking a game or two in the regular season means nothing. The Raptors once beat the 72-win Bulls. When Miami is focused in on destroying the Knicks in a series it's not going to be close unless Melo goes for 50 (extremely unlikely vs. LeBron James).
man ur krazy:facepalm you got tha nerve to compare tha 13 knicks with tha 96 raptors???
:biggums: I cant no more:facepalm :roll:

willds09
03-28-2013, 02:51 PM
That's a big if. Granger is a good offensive player but not good enough to be a #1 option on a team that wants to beat Miami.
So far only the Mavs beat them and Dirk needed to play out of his mind to do it.

Healthy Bulls,Knicks and Celtics might have a shot. But neither of these teams is healthy.
I don't like Miami and I want to see them lose. But they are clearly a level above everyone in the league and 2 levels above anyone in the East.
come on knicksfan dont give tha heat too much credit, u know better:facepalm

Clutch
03-28-2013, 02:53 PM
come on knicksfan dont give tha heat too much credit, u know better:facepalm
I hate them but they are clearly the best team in the East. I'm not saying we don't have a shot at beating them because we do...but it isn't likely to happen.

Indian guy
03-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Miami has a losing record this season against the 3 best teams in the conference after them - Knicks, Pacers and Bulls. And none of these teams have even been fully healthy this season, which is why I've :rolleyes: at the notion of the East being weak this season. Once KG, Amare, Granger and most importantly, Rose(come back!!!), return, then you're looking at the most potent top 5(Miami/NYK/IND/CHI/BOS) the East has fielded in the post-MJ era. And the remaining 3 teams in BKN, ATL and MIL are pretty solid too. Probably the best 8 the East will have in a long time.

The playoffs will be HELL for Miami. All of their toughest opponents excel at aspects of the game that Miami struggle against - size, rebounding and great ball movement on offense.

Real Men Wear Green
03-28-2013, 02:55 PM

I agree it's not likely, it's just the only scenario I see where someone in the East proves a challenge. I guess Chi with Rose could also be a threat but I want to see Rose come back first, I'm not sure at this point that he will this season.

willds09
03-28-2013, 02:57 PM
I hate them but they are clearly the best team in the East. I'm not saying we don't have a shot at beating them because we do...but it isn't likely to happen.
we will see

willds09
03-28-2013, 02:59 PM
I agree it's not likely, it's just the only scenario I see where someone in the East proves a challenge. I guess Chi with Rose could also be a threat but I want to see Rose come back first, I'm not sure at this point that he will this season.
so how in tha hell them niguhs have a chance but knicks dont?????:wtf: :biggums:

Patrick Chewing

1 - boston
2 - chicago
3 - indiana

then new york.

LOL wow

Knicks have been unhealthy all year and look at their record

All Net
No they can't.

fpliii
03-28-2013, 03:02 PM
I guess it's theoretically possible, but I'd definitely take Miami over the field to come out of the East if I was betting. Healthy is the key word here though, as NY and Chicago are missing their most important players (Chandler and Noah respectively) as well as other key parts.

guy
03-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Miami has a losing record this season against the 3 best teams in the conference after them - Knicks, Pacers and Bulls. And none of these teams have even been fully healthy this season, which is why I've :rolleyes: at the notion of the East being weak this season. Once KG, Amare, Granger and most importantly, Rose(come back!!!), return, then you're looking at the most potent top 5(Miami/NYK/IND/CHI/BOS) the East has fielded in the post-MJ era. And the remaining 3 teams in BKN, ATL and MIL are pretty solid too. Probably the best 8 the East will have in a long time.

The playoffs will be HELL for Miami. All of their toughest opponents excel at aspects of the game that Miami struggle against - size, rebounding and great ball movement on offense.

Celtics could possibly still go down to 8th. Rose may come back. That would mean if the Bulls stay at 4th or 5th and get through the first round, the Heat could possibly have to go through a path of the Celtics, Bulls with Rose, then the Knicks/Pacers to the Finals where they'd probably have to face the Spurs or Thunder.

That would be incredibly tough. Even if they get to the Finals, I could see Wade getting nicked up with injuries like he usually does by then, Lebron getting a little tanked due to too many minutes and too many games, especially physical games, cold shooting, etc. I won't go as far as predict they won't win it, cause unfortunately as a Bulls fan and Heat hater I still think they will. Just that that would be a really impressive and tough run, and they aren't guaranteed to win it all like everyone says.

EnoughSaid
03-28-2013, 03:07 PM
No one is touching Miami in the Playoffs. That's set. I mean Indiana or Boston can possibly win 2, but that's unlikely.

KyrieTheFuture
03-28-2013, 03:09 PM
So those teams at full strength can win one game against Miami that means nothing. It takes 4 wins to advance and no one is going to do that to Miami

Whoah10115
03-28-2013, 03:16 PM
The East will look much better in the playoffs than it has looked this season. The Knicks, the Nets, the Bulls, the Pacers, the Celtics...all very good teams. Atlanta is good but they're not as good as these 5 and these 5 are all very good.

The Nets have a lot of talent and it's starting to mesh. PJ is a good coach. I don't know if he's great but he's good and they're getting it together at the right time.

The Bulls have the possibility, still, of Rose coming back and being good...and I think he'll be playing the 2, with Hinrich running point. That's actually a very good combination.

The Pacers are the most solid team but, I think, the least potent of the 5. With that said, they can give the Heat a lot of trouble. I imagine that Hibbert's offense will be much better in the playoffs than it's been for most of the season. But I don't know how they work Granger in. That's a trade that needs to happen in the offseason....at least I think so.

The Celtics are missing Sullinger and more importantly are missing Rondo. They're definitely contenders...after this season. They might give the Heat the best series and the most trouble, but they can't really contend.

I think the Knicks have the best shot but I don't really think we have a great shot. I don't know if Rasheed is officially out for the season but I expect he is. The depth of him and Thomas is very good, especially with Martin now on the team. Having Martin and Camby (who I think will have a big impact in the playoffs, if Woodson actually plays him) makes us very strong. Add that Amare should be back for the playoffs...the depth of all these guys makes us strong, if Woodson does a decent job of working it all out. And I think Shump will be stronger by then.

It comes down to me having issues with Felton and even more me having issues with the way we use Jason Kidd. I don't care if he starts or comes off the bench but he is NOT NOT NOT an offguard and he's not useful there. He needs to play the point, at all times. Jason Kidd playing SG is garbage.

With that said, it really really comes down to the fact that the Heat would easily have the two best players on the floor. If Wade can play like he played during the streak then he's Dwyane Wade. That's hard to overcome.

nathanjizzle
03-28-2013, 03:19 PM
chicago
indiana/newyork

bulls should have beat them in 2011 if rose didnt have a bum ankle and shoot 25 percent.

2012 bulls would have won if d rose didnt get injured

2013 bulls will win

Zodiac
03-28-2013, 03:20 PM
The Hawks could beat the Heat if they could prevent Josh Smith from touching the ball in the last 5 minutes

Patrick Chewing
03-28-2013, 03:21 PM
T
I think the Knicks have the best shot but I don't really think we have a great shot. I don't know if Rasheed is officially out for the season but I expect he is. The depth of him and Thomas is very good, especially with Martin now on the team. Having Martin and Camby (who I think will have a big impact in the playoffs, if Woodson actually plays him) makes us very strong. Add that Amare should be back for the playoffs...the depth of all these guys makes us strong, if Woodson does a decent job of working it all out. And I think Shump will be stronger by then.

If you believe some of what Woody has to say, then Sheed would be able to return by then and Amare should be ready to go by the second round hopefully. If we manage to make it to the Finals, this team should be at full-strength. I still think we should add another piece by cutting Sheed or White, but we'll see. This team was able to dominate the Heat for two consecutive games with the roster we have (minus Martin) so it's really going to be interesting down the stretch. This is a different Knicks team this year and people are still afraid to admit it. This team is beyond unpredictable.

BlackVVaves
03-28-2013, 03:24 PM
That 27-game win streak didn't happen that long ago, did it?

this.

willds09
03-28-2013, 03:25 PM
No one is touching Miami in the Playoffs. That's set. I mean Indiana or Boston can possibly win 2, but that's unlikely.
why not NY??????:biggums:

willds09
03-28-2013, 03:26 PM
So those teams at full strength can win one game against Miami that means nothing. It takes 4 wins to advance and no one is going to do that to Miami
DELUSIONaL:oldlol:

EnoughSaid
03-28-2013, 03:27 PM
why not NY??????:biggums:

New York won't win 2 games. No way.

Whoah10115
03-28-2013, 03:28 PM
If you believe some of what Woody has to say, then Sheed would be able to return by then and Amare should be ready to go by the second round hopefully. If we manage to make it to the Finals, this team should be at full-strength. I still think we should add another piece by cutting Sheed or White, but we'll see. This team was able to dominate the Heat for two consecutive games with the roster we have (minus Martin) so it's really going to be interesting down the stretch. This is a different Knicks team this year and people are still afraid to admit it. This team is beyond unpredictable.

It was a while ago that I really started to believe in our old front court. Most of them are older and can't play too many minutes, but they can accumulate more than enough minutes and in those minutes provide great (not good) defense and legitimate rebounding...watching Wallace, with his gut, play center earlier this season made me think he should have been a center his whole career. His defense was so great. Martin will never age. Our front court is one of the best in the league...so if we start any games with Anthony at the 4 then we have a massive problem. No way to get all those guys in if Anthony is taking minutes at the 4...and we don't have depth at the 3. That's an awful decision.

Which leaves me concerned. Anthony has to play the 3 and only the 3. And Raymond Felton is annoying. To see Jason Kidd on the floor and see him playing the 2 is something I can't understand. It's the wrong decision. All of his qualities come from his play as the floor general. All he does is at the 2 is run a few basic cuts and then stand in the corner. How is that useful to a team winning? He isn't Novak. It's a terrible move.

willds09
03-28-2013, 03:28 PM
New York won't win 2 games. No way.
WHATS THA SERIES AS OF NOW? i'll wait:oldlol:

BlackVVaves
03-28-2013, 04:07 PM
The East will look much better in the playoffs than it has looked this season. The Knicks, the Nets, the Bulls, the Pacers, the Celtics...all very good teams. Atlanta is good but they're not as good as these 5 and these 5 are all very good.

The Nets have a lot of talent and it's starting to mesh. PJ is a good coach. I don't know if he's great but he's good and they're getting it together at the right time.

The Bulls have the possibility, still, of Rose coming back and being good...and I think he'll be playing the 2, with Hinrich running point. That's actually a very good combination.

The Pacers are the most solid team but, I think, the least potent of the 5. With that said, they can give the Heat a lot of trouble. I imagine that Hibbert's offense will be much better in the playoffs than it's been for most of the season. But I don't know how they work Granger in. That's a trade that needs to happen in the offseason....at least I think so.

The Celtics are missing Sullinger and more importantly are missing Rondo. They're definitely contenders...after this season. They might give the Heat the best series and the most trouble, but they can't really contend.

It comes down to me having issues with Felton and even more me having issues with the way we use Jason Kidd. I don't care if he starts or comes off the bench but he is NOT NOT NOT an offguard and he's not useful there. He needs to play the point, at all times. Jason Kidd playing SG is garbage.

With that said, it really really comes down to the fact that the Heat would easily have the two best players on the floor. If Wade can play like he played during the streak then he's Dwyane Wade. That's hard to overcome.

KG?

And I think the Knicks have the best chance (I don't see Rose coming back, and I don't buy the Pacers as legit title contenders. Hibbert just doesn't consistently play like a 7 footer, and I foresee another collapse from the team's perimeter players occurring), but with that said Miami won't be losing. You need to be a discipline and extremely intelligent team to beat Miami 4 times out of 7. Discipline and intelligent isn't exactly the words that surface when I think of Knicks basketball.

Hmm. Now that I think about it, the Nets could make things interesting with Williams re-emerging. And Brook Lopez could drop 30 a night on Bosh and Anderson if he wanted to. The question is, will Joe Johnson show up in a playoff series?

TheMan
03-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Heat fans shouldn't be so over confident, an injury to one of the big 3 could put an end to your title dreams. We need to just sit back and watch it unfold, if you're so sure they'll win, what's the point in watching? People here quickly forget what happened with Bosh last year and that Miami had to beat Boston at the Garden to get to the Finals.

Heat are favorites but it's not guaranteed is all I'm saying.

NumberSix
03-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Heat fans shouldn't be so over confident, an injury to one of the big 3 could put an end to your title dreams. We need to just sit back and watch it unfold, if you're so sure they'll win, what's the point in watching? People here quickly forget what happened with Bosh last year and that Miami had to beat Boston at the Garden to get to the Finals.

Lol. That's what I said to you a few days ago when you were saying the Bulls definitely won't win a championship this season.

TheMan
03-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Lol. That's what I said to you a few days ago when you were saying the Bulls definitely won't win a championship this season.
Dude, we're a big longshot, even if Rose comes back this season, he'll be nowhere near MVP version. He's gotta work his way back and that won't happen in a couple of weeks/months...That's why I perfer him to get a season's worth of work instead of overexerting himself so soon to win playoff games. I'll take the long term over the short term and not risk Rose career.

I'm just warning those Heat fans who think it's in the bag, not you necessarily...

EnoughSaid
03-28-2013, 04:43 PM
WHATS THA SERIES AS OF NOW? i'll wait:oldlol:

Boston: 3-1
Chicago: 3-0

Playoffs: Both 4-1

Mr. Incredible
03-28-2013, 04:45 PM
The Heat lose one game in 28 tries and people think they are so beatable. Wait until the playoffs roll around.

You guys will be ghosts. Gone. Nowhere to be found.

:lol

Hoopz2332
03-28-2013, 04:46 PM
This thread = :roll:

Blue&Orange
03-28-2013, 04:46 PM

1 - boston
2 - chicago
3 - indiana

then new york.

Some people are so dumb, course Indiana have better chance, they've been able to keep with a injured riddle knicks clap clap

Not even gonna comment boston

Heat scores more 7 points than the bulls in 5 games, Domination.
Knicks scores more 54 points before they got bored than the heat in only 2 and half games, no chance at all

:applause:

BlackVVaves
03-28-2013, 04:53 PM

Actually, no. Unless you count the game winners as Dirk playing "out of his mind" (I think he was just being Dirk - relative to his play in the clutch that season and post season), Dirk didn't play out of his mind. Actually, he had one or two pretty mediocre to flat out bad shooting nights.

The Mavs won because:

1. They played zone defense disguised as man for 60% of their defensive possessions, turning the Heat into a purely jump shooting team.

2. They played aggressive and physical defense, which has notably been something that Miami has had problems with playing against (Pacers series last year, Celtics last year, Chicago most of the time).

3. Miami is great at defensive rotations, but if you are a team built around great ball movement coupled with above average three point shooting, you will give Miami problems because after the 3rd or 4th rotational assignment, Miami over the years have done a poor job at defending the 3 point line. The Mavs took advantage of this, as they had great passing on that team and exceptional 3 point shooters down the line.

4. TERRY (not Dirk) played out of his mind games 4-6.

Those same weaknesses of the Heat still reign true today, with the exception of them being a poor jump-shooting team. The problem is, teams typically can't exploit all or most of Miami's weaknesses at once.

D.J.
03-28-2013, 05:03 PM

This. If it weren't for Udonis Haslem being nearly perfect from the field in game 4 along with 70 points from LeBron/Wade, they would have been down 3-1 to Indiana. Then they also trailed 3-2 to Boston and were down going into the 4th quarter of game 7.

The Heat are still the favorites, but no one is unbeatable. Hell the '92 Bulls needed 7 games to beat the Knicks and the '98 squad were down double digits in the first half of game 7 against Indiana. Indiana is the only team in he East with even a remote chance of winning, but the reality probably is a team than can beat Miami in a 7 game series is in the Western Conference.

shady6121
03-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Actually, no. Unless you count the game winners as Dirk playing "out of his mind" (I think he was just being Dirk - relative to his play in the clutch that season and post season), Dirk didn't play out of his mind. Actually, he had one or two pretty mediocre to flat out bad shooting nights.

The Mavs won because:

1. They played zone defense disguised as man for 60% of their defensive possessions, turning the Heat into a purely jump shooting team.

2. They played aggressive and physical defense, which has notably been something that Miami has had problems with playing against (Pacers series last year, Celtics last year, Chicago most of the time).

3. Miami is great at defensive rotations, but if you are a team built around great ball movement coupled with above average three point shooting, you will give Miami problems because after the 3rd or 4th rotational assignment, Miami over the years have done a poor job at defending the 3 point line. The Mavs took advantage of this, as they had great passing on that team and exceptional 3 point shooters down the line.

4. TERRY (not Dirk) played out of his mind games 4-6.

Those same weaknesses of the Heat still reign true today, with the exception of them being a poor jump-shooting team. The problem is, teams typically can't exploit all or most of Miami's weaknesses at once.

This.

Kingwillball
03-28-2013, 05:10 PM

Wilds is impossible to have a real BASKETBALL conversation with.. Your not the only one who feels that way.

ChuckOakley
03-28-2013, 05:15 PM
First off, there is no point bring health into the equation, because none of these teams will be fully healthy other than perhaps Indy. Rose is most likely not coming back this year and NY chose to sign some older and injury prone players. So it is what it is.

That said...

The top threat is Indy (hopefully with Granger) because as pointed out they have the size up front and athleticism on the wings. People point to the Heat not having Bosh for half the series last season, but the Pacers didn't have Stephenson or George playing like they are now.
Indy's odds: 20%

The next biggest threat is Chicago. Like Indiana they have size up front and can control the boards. They also have a genius of a coach. And again, I'm assuming Rose will not be back, so I won't factor that into the odds.
Chicago's odds: 15%

After that the Knicks are the third biggest threat. The Knicks are not a very good rebounding or defensive team, so they don't have the two advantages Indy or Chicago do. They also rely on the 3 ball way too much and have the player with the worst playoff winning pct. of all time in Melo. Now, much of that was because Melo was, like T-Mac, an inefficient volume scorer who may have turned the corner some, but still has to prove it in the playoffs.
NY's odds: 10%

Just saw Granger is out for the year.
I'm not sure that really affects Indy's odds given they've become the team they are (and PG the player he is) without him.

Trentknicks
03-28-2013, 05:20 PM
First off, there is no point bring health into the equation, because none of these teams will be fully healthy other than perhaps Indy. Rose is most likely not coming back this year and NY chose to sign some older and injury prone players. So it is what it is.

That said...

The top threat is Indy (hopefully with Granger) because as pointed out they have the size up front and athleticism on the wings. People point to the Heat not having Bosh for half the series last season, but the Pacers didn't have Stephenson or George playing like they are now.
Indy's odds: 20%

The next biggest threat is Chicago. Like Indiana they have size up front and can control the boards. They also have a genius of a coach. And again, I'm assuming Rose will not be back, so I won't factor that into the odds.
Chicago's odds: 15%

After that the Knicks are the third biggest threat. The Knicks are not a very good rebounding or defensive team, so they don't have the two advantages Indy or Chicago do. They also rely on the 3 ball way too much and have the player with the worst playoff winning pct. of all time in Melo. Now, much of that was because Melo was, like T-Mac, an inefficient volume scorer who may have turned the corner some, but still has to prove it in the playoffs.
NY's odds: 10%

Just saw Granger is out for the year.
I'm not sure that really affects Indy's odds given they've become the team they are (and PG the player he is) without him.
Except the Knicks are 8th in point allowed and always out rebound the heat. Way to go on a Knick hating tangent. It's pretty funny that you dropped the Knicks for the Nets :lol

NumberSix
03-28-2013, 05:22 PM
I'd worry more about the Bucks than the Knicks.

Kingwillball
Wait Do Knicks fans really think that old sad sack of a Sh!t team is championship caliber and capable of beating Miami in a series .. :roll:

Dagouch
I'm biased but I think the Knicks can give the Heat some trouble in the playoffs. However the Knicks have to play their A Game at all times. Can they win 4 games against the Heat. I don't think so but that's the beauty of the game. Anything can happen.

First Off JR has been playing out of his mind lately. Need his level of play.

I also Think come playoff time I Think Woodson needs to go conventional line up and have Melo at the 3 with martin at the PF.

And if Our bigs can play decent minutes. Big If.

Lot's of If's but I think They have a puncher's chance. You never know when Wade slips and messes up something.

ChuckOakley
03-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Except the Knicks are 8th in point allowed and always out rebound the heat. Way to go on a Knick hating tangent. It's pretty funny that you dropped the Knicks for the Nets :lol
What are you even talking about?

That's Knicks hate?
I didn't list the Nets or Celtics did I?

Here maybe this will make you happy....
I've always said NY will finish higher than the Nets
I think JR is the runaway 6th man
Melo is a better player than he's ever been

Enough hate for you?

Or I'll really blow your mind.... The Knicks are my second favorite team.... but my least favorite fan base because of people like you.

BTW... PPG is a terrible way to measure defense, moron.

Lord Leoshes
03-28-2013, 05:34 PM
There is only one way to beat the heat & that is by tackling them, & fouling them everytime they have the ball & hope the official get tiered of blowing the whistle, so by the 4th comes around they don't blow it at all.

In other words cheat your @@$ off, & hope the refs let you slide.

This is why i keep saying that the Heat need an enforcer, to just be able to come in occasionally & throw a few people around, swing a few elbows, & get into their heads.

Blue&Orange
03-28-2013, 05:55 PM
This thread resumes to

Celtics fans buthurted because somehow they thought they still could win the Atlantic, because the Knicks didn't do well on a west coast trip WITHOUT their 3 best players :lol

Heat fans scared as shit with the knicks and bulls, that they have to try to act like they don't exist :lol

Better keep praying that Bulls and Knicks remain unhealthy in the playoffs.

shady6121
03-28-2013, 06:02 PM
This thread resumes to

Celtics fans buthurted because somehow they thought they still could win the Atlantic, because the Knicks didn't do well on a west coast trip WITHOUT their 3 best players :lol

Heat fans scared as shit with the knicks and bulls, that they have to try to act like they don't exist :lol

This. :lol

imdaman99
03-28-2013, 06:05 PM
i give the knicks as good a shot as anyone. knicks on a cold streak while miami was in the middle of a hot streak still came down to the final minutes. knicks are currently on a hot streak, and the heat have looked beatable in the last few games (even though they only lost once) and they would give miami all they could handle. set it up man, id sign up for game 7 in miami eastern conf finals in a heartbeat :cheers:

HorryIsMyMVP
03-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Knicks if healthy could put up a fight. I don't see the Bull's doing anything.

2010splash
03-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Keep dreaming yo. This Heat team is one of the greatest of all time. Just won 27 games straight. That's nearly 2 straight months of undefeated ball. You think this joke East poses any threat to them?

They'll CRUISE to the Finals yet again and complete the repeat.

2010splash
03-28-2013, 06:59 PM
And yeah the Bulls with Rose are better than the Knicks for sure, but they haven't been healthy in years. Even when they are healthy they don't have quite the offensive firepower. Heat would be clear favorites.

And the Knicks simply stand no chance. Just an ordinary team that can't play defense. LeBron always outshines Melo.

BlackVVaves
03-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Keep dreaming yo. This Heat team is one of the greatest of all time.

The irony is, you use the streak as evidence that this Miami team is one of the greatest of all time:

Just won 27 games straight. That's nearly 2 straight months of undefeated ball.

But, unknowingly weaken that arguement by admitting that:

You think this joke East poses any threat to them?

Indicating that the conference that the Heat play in, and the conference where undoubtedly the majority of the teams they faced reside in, is a joke of a conference filled with below average teams.

Interesting logic there, Heat-fan-since-the-Decision-AKA-the-worst-kind-of-fairweather-fan.

bluechox2
03-28-2013, 07:33 PM
2 of our big 3 players are out and we still rolling, take all 3 out, we go 0-4...bring back 1, we go 6-0

you all gonna be scared when we get 2 of our big 3 back....

melo aint even at 100%

HiphopRelated
03-28-2013, 07:42 PM
The irony is, you use the streak as evidence that this Miami team is one of the greatest of all time:

Indicating that the conference that the Heat play in, and the conference where undoubtedly the majority of the teams they faced reside in, is a joke of a conference filled with below average teams.

Interesting logic there, Heat-fan-since-the-Decision-AKA-the-worst-kind-of-fairweather-fan.
because they destroy West teams also

Real Men Wear Green
03-28-2013, 07:51 PM
People that think these lesser EC teams can take on Miami really aren't understanding how good a team has to be to win 27 straight games. Miami is approaching not just greatness, but historical greatness.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-28-2013, 07:56 PM
People that think these lesser EC teams can take on Miami really aren't understanding how good a team has to be to win 27 straight games. Miami is approaching not just greatness, but historical greatness.

No love for the 2008 Rockets? :confusedshrug:

Real Men Wear Green
03-28-2013, 07:59 PM
No love for the 2008 Rockets? :confusedshrug:
I didn't say anything about them either way. That's a team that could have been great but was held back by injury. Too bad.

francesco totti
03-28-2013, 08:04 PM
It would be wonderful but the Cs have had too many injuries and even before Rondo got hurt were nowhere near Miami. Unless an amazing trade happens in the offseason there will be no more title contention in the Pierce/Garnett era. I'm just hoping Ainge pulls something off during Rondo's prime.

boston are made for playoffs then anything.
When rondo got injured, and a sense of urgency was awaken the celtics went on a winning streak.Imagine with rondo healthy and focused how good celtics would be in playoffs. Bulls, Indiana or knicks can rack up wins in regular season, but playoffs? I take the healthy celtics. Which unfortunately we wont see.

Until proven otherwise in playoffs, I will still take boston. They are reason why miami big 3 formed, and they are ones who took them the furthest in a playoff series ( after dallas).

francesco totti
03-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Some people are so dumb, course Indiana have better chance, they've been able to keep with a injured riddle knicks clap clap

Not even gonna comment boston

Heat scores more 7 points than the bulls in 5 games, Domination.
Knicks scores more 54 points before they got bored than the heat in only 2 and half games, no chance at all

:applause:

I think as matchups both indiana or chicago are tougher.
And celtics are simply a proven team over the years, something I cannot say about the knicks. As I said in my previous post, until we see things differently in playoffs ( like knicks knock out celtics in round 1 ) there is no logic in taking knicks over celtics. Celtics are a team that look for playoffs, and proven themselves over the years. For the knicks regular season carried more importance as they are anything but proven side.

Real Men Wear Green
03-28-2013, 08:15 PM
boston are made for playoffs then anything.
When rondo got injured, and a sense of urgency was awaken the celtics went on a winning streak.Imagine with rondo healthy and focused how good celtics would be in playoffs. Bulls, Indiana or knicks can rack up wins in regular season, but playoffs? I take the healthy celtics. Which unfortunately we wont see.

Until proven otherwise in playoffs, I will still take boston. They are reason why miami big 3 formed, and they are ones who took them the furthest in a playoff series ( after dallas).
The problem is until next season we can only imagine. All the optimism I feel as a Celtic fan has to do with the future (and it's not to the point where I'm seeing banner #18). Green may be a consistent scorer when he finally becomes a starter, Sullinger could be a good pf, Bradley's a long-term stopper, etc. Nothing about this season makes me think the team is anywhere near stopping the Heat. You have to realize, not only are they the defending Champs, not only have they eliminated the Cs twice in a row, but now they've won 27 straight. That's a great team. Celtics are not. Rondo is out, Garnett is old. Why engage in false hope?

Patrick Chewing
03-28-2013, 08:19 PM

I think you're overrating that streak. While the streak in itself is impressive and quite a feat, the Heat haven't really dominated the other teams. They have finished strong, sure, but there a lot of games they could've lost. That, and 16 of the 27 games they won were against teams under .500.

Impressive streak, but the Heat can be beat.

Real Men Wear Green
03-28-2013, 08:24 PM
I think you're overrating that streak. While the streak in itself is impressive and quite a feat, the Heat haven't really dominated the other teams. They have finished strong, sure, but there a lot of games they could've lost. That, and 15 of the 27 games they won were against teams under .500.

Impressive streak, but the Heat can be beat.
You aren't going to beat everyone by 30. The ability to turn your team's level of play up a notch and pull out close games is what makes a team succeed in the playoffs. Especially true for Miami, who gets every team's best effort. And it's not like they are just coming up and need to be proven, they've won the EC two times in a row and are defending champions. IT's time to stop denying the evidence of our eyes. Miami's the best. The only teams that can challenge them are in the WC (before anyone mentions it, the Granger injury news puts them off my list).

willds09
03-28-2013, 09:39 PM

what tha season series between knicks and heat bish ass??:facepalm

willds09
03-28-2013, 09:41 PM
KG?

And I think the Knicks have the best chance (I don't see Rose coming back, and I don't buy the Pacers as legit title contenders. Hibbert just doesn't consistently play like a 7 footer, and I foresee another collapse from the team's perimeter players occurring), but with that said Miami won't be losing. You need to be a discipline and extremely intelligent team to beat Miami 4 times out of 7. Discipline and intelligent isn't exactly the words that surface when I think of Knicks basketball.

Hmm. Now that I think about it, the Nets could make things interesting with Williams re-emerging. And Brook Lopez could drop 30 a night on Bosh and Anderson if he wanted to. The question is, will Joe Johnson show up in a playoff series?
whoa u have tha nerve to dis tha knicks but mentioned tha nets???:biggums: get tha phuck outta here:roll:

willds09
03-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Wilds is impossible to have a real BASKETBALL conversation with.. Your not the only one who feels that way.
explain. lebron lover:wtf:

willds09
03-28-2013, 09:44 PM
I'd worry more about the Bucks than the Knicks.
but this niguh ignore me right?? thats some dumb schit:facepalm :roll:

willds09
03-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Wait Do Knicks fans really think that old sad sack of a Sh!t team is championship caliber and capable of beating Miami in a series .. :roll:
so far we own tha heat this year itz in tha books:no:

willds09
03-28-2013, 09:47 PM
This thread resumes to

thats exactly how they feel:lol

willds09
03-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Keep dreaming yo. This Heat team is one of the greatest of all time. Just won 27 games straight. That's nearly 2 straight months of undefeated ball. You think this joke East poses any threat to them?

They'll CRUISE to the Finals yet again and complete the repeat.
yea sure they will:rolleyes: :lol

willds09
03-28-2013, 09:50 PM
coming from a celtics fan i see:roll:

willds09
03-28-2013, 09:52 PM
I think as matchups both indiana or chicago are tougher.
And celtics are simply a proven team over the years, something I cannot say about the knicks. As I said in my previous post, until we see things differently in playoffs ( like knicks knock out celtics in round 1 ) there is no logic in taking knicks over celtics. Celtics are a team that look for playoffs, and proven themselves over the years. For the knicks regular season carried more importance as they are anything but proven side.
admitted you're in such great denial that itz really sad, ita a new year, a new time, knicks haters please give it up and accept it:facepalm

willds09
03-28-2013, 09:54 PM
You aren't going to beat everyone by 30. The ability to turn your team's level of play up a notch and pull out close games is what makes a team succeed in the playoffs. Especially true for Miami, who gets every team's best effort. And it's not like they are just coming up and need to be proven, they've won the EC two times in a row and are defending champions. IT's time to stop denying the evidence of our eyes. Miami's the best. The only teams that can challenge them are in the WC (before anyone mentions it, the Granger injury news puts them off my list).
denial pure denial:facepalm

2010splash
03-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Damn man, quoting 12 different people in a row?:roll:

2010splash
03-28-2013, 10:04 PM

Not at all. The Heat can't control their level of competition. If it stinks, it stinks. That doesn't take away from how good they are though. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what competition you play - 27 straight games is unheard of in the modern era. It's never been accomplished since the 70's, which was a terrible era compared to today.

The fact that this team is among the greatest ever is due to having one of the top 3 players ever (2013 James), an all-time level #2 and #3 combo in Wade/Bosh, AND the 27 consecutive wins. If you add a championship to that list, it's pretty much impossible to exclude them from the top 5 teams ever.

willds09
03-28-2013, 10:09 PM
cuz niguhs are saying some dumb schit, i cant let that go down:rolleyes:

comerb
03-28-2013, 10:20 PM

Like the Pacers last year? That went well, and the Heat didn't even have Bosh that series.

ac_gold_26
03-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Bulls fan's what happened the past two years in the eastern conference that makes you think the bulls can beat the heat? The only real threat has been Boston. They earned the Heat respect the knicks haven't done anything any the playoff to earn respect.

willds09
03-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Bulls fan's what happened the past two years in the eastern conference that makes you think the bulls can beat the heat? The only real threat has been Boston. They earned the Heat respect the knicks haven't done anything any the playoff to earn respect.
haters guna hate:lol

NumberSix
03-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Like the Pacers last year? That went well, and the Heat didn't even have Bosh that series.
Not too mentioned the Pacers stopped trying to act like tough guys after they got mobbed on.

2010splash
03-28-2013, 10:43 PM
Boston is no threat at all. Only reason they were even in the ECF last year was because of Rose's injury. Healthy Chicago is probably the second best team in the East, but Miami is still the runaway favorite to come out of the East and win it all. They will only be remotely challenged in the Finals against San Antonio.

willds09
03-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Boston is no threat at all. Only reason they were even in the ECF last year was because of Rose's injury. Healthy Chicago is probably the second best team in the East, but Miami is still the runaway favorite to come out of the East and win it all. They will only be remotely challenged in the Finals against San Antonio.
if they make it there:lol

b1imtf
03-28-2013, 11:25 PM
chicago
indiana/newyork

bulls should have beat them in 2011 if rose didnt have a bum ankle and shoot 25 percent.

2012 bulls would have won if d rose didnt get injured

2013 bulls will win
lol

R.I.P
03-29-2013, 05:40 AM
:lol

KOBE143
03-29-2013, 06:31 AM
With no refs help, they can but with refs help, I dont think so.. People think it was Wade or Bron that close out most of the heat games but they're wrong, it was the refs that close out most of their games.. I dont get why no one consider the refs in the MVP voting when they are the reason of the 99% of Heat wins.. :confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
03-29-2013, 07:50 AM
Bulls couldn't even beat Miami with HCA in 2011. With Wade playing like crap and the Heat having no bench or offensive system. And the Knicks are a joke. They need to get past the 1st round before even thinking about Miami. 1 playoff win in 10 years. The Warriors, Bucks, Raptors, Kings, Clippers, Grizzlies, etc have all won more playoff games the last decade :oldlol:

Trentknicks
03-29-2013, 07:54 AM
Bulls couldn't even beat Miami with HCA in 2011. With Wade playing like crap and the Heat having no bench or offensive system. And the Knicks are a joke. They need to get past the 1st round before even thinking about Miami. 1 playoff win in 10 years. The Warriors, Bucks, Raptors, Kings, Clippers, Grizzlies, etc have all won more playoff games the last decade :oldlol:
Obsessedhahahahaha

SilkkTheShocker
03-29-2013, 07:58 AM
Your best player has been the sacrificial lamb of the playoffs ever since he has been in the league. Im not sure why people should respect him and that old ass team.

Trentknicks
03-29-2013, 08:04 AM
Your best player has been the sacrificial lamb of the playoffs ever since he has been in the league. Im not sure why people should respect him and that old ass team.
Considering the stuff you've admitted to on here, don't know how you can throw around words like respect.

willds09
03-29-2013, 08:39 AM
With no refs help, they can but with refs help, I dont think so.. People think it was Wade or Bron that close out most of the heat games but they're wrong, it was the refs that close out most of their games.. I dont get why no one consider the refs in the MVP voting when they are the reason of the 99% of Heat wins.. :confusedshrug:
very true

willds09
03-29-2013, 08:42 AM
You jealous man that an old ass team can whup your undeserving team's ass:roll:

willds09
03-29-2013, 08:43 AM
u just mad cuz its a new season and the knicks are finally back, just admit it:oldlol:

Dagouch
03-29-2013, 09:25 AM
as much as I don't like Silk's opinion he's partially right.

The Knicks haven't won a meaningful playoff game/series in awhile and yes that is true.

However I think this Knicks team is very capable to go far these playoffs providing the health of the team is good.

Chandler should be back soon so that should help us out. If we get Amare back or not is not really a factor. He'll most likely only play 15-20 minutes.

Big key is the ball movement. First half of that Griz game was perfect but then we went away with that in the second half.

We all know Miami will turn it up a notch once the real season begins. I'm kinda curious on how they will play Melo. If they double then the ball movement flowing into the Hands of Jr and other shooters will be Key.

Can't wait for the playoffs. So many intagible things can happen.

MMM
03-29-2013, 10:56 AM

what tha season series between knicks and heat bish ass??:facepalm

His point is pretty clear so I don't see how any normal person would miss it.

The Celtics won the season series(3-1) over the heat the last two seasons but in the playoffs it was a different story.

2011: Heat 4 - Boston 1
2012: Heat 4 - Boston 3

the same thing occurred with the Bulls in 2011; they won the season series 3-1 but lost in the ECF.

So, yes the Knicks have a season series lead of 2-1 but Miami has a track record of overcoming that in the playoffs.

willds09
03-29-2013, 12:15 PM
His point is pretty clear so I don't see how any normal person would miss it.

The Celtics won the season series(3-1) over the heat the last two seasons but in the playoffs it was a different story.

2011: Heat 4 - Boston 1
2012: Heat 4 - Boston 3

the same thing occurred with the Bulls in 2011; they won the season series 3-1 but lost in the ECF.

So, yes the Knicks have a season series lead of 2-1 but Miami has a track record of overcoming that in the playoffs.
If u wanna go there whats knicks all time playoff record against tha heat?????? Answer that shit smartass:facepalm

Whoah10115
03-29-2013, 12:49 PM
If u wanna go there whats knicks all time playoff record against tha heat?????? Answer that shit smartass:facepalm

I like you...you only post quick responses that lack in substance. Not interested in hearing what other people have to say and then giving a real response?

willds09
03-29-2013, 12:56 PM
I like you...you only post quick responses that lack in substance. Not interested in hearing what other people have to say and then giving a real response?
Yea u right I do give real responses, but yea I do listen to what others say too believe it or not:rolleyes:

Whoah10115
03-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Yea u right I do give real responses, but yea I do listen to what others say too believe it or not:rolleyes:

Hard to see it if you don't show it. Ain't it fair to say?

willds09
03-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Hard to see it if you don't show it. Ain't it fair to say?
I dont know what u talking about man I do show it:lol