PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant vs LeBron James ( battle for the greatest of this era ) round 1

kennethgriffin
04-02-2013, 01:38 PM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/cashforcards/GHFHT_zps93c10ae3.png

hmmmm tough choice

#number6ix#
04-02-2013, 01:40 PM
It's hard to compare 1 guy in the middle of his career to 1 that's at the end of his

STATUTORY
04-02-2013, 01:41 PM
It's hard to compare 1 guy in the middle of his career to 1 that's at the end of his

Lebron's been in the league for 10 years. He's closer to the end of his career than the beginning.

tazb
04-02-2013, 01:42 PM
SEASON MVPS - Kobe a fluke one, and LeBron 3 about to be 4.:rockon:

kennethgriffin
04-02-2013, 01:43 PM

but lebron fans are on here every day saying their guy is higher ranked all time. i thought it was a serious discussion

:oldlol:

tazb
04-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Lebron's been in the league for 10 years. He's closer to the end of his career than the beginning.
:biggums: not sure if retarded, or dumb ass. LeBron came into the league a freak or nature, what makes you think he's going to lose his prime/become a scrub like a normal ball player.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-02-2013, 01:44 PM
When you think about it, it's pretty amazing that w/ just ONE MORE finals MVP, Lebron will kick Kobe out of the top 10.

Dat ON COURT impact :pimp:

kennethgriffin
04-02-2013, 01:45 PM
SEASON MVPS - Kobe a fluke one, and LeBron 3 about to be 4.:rockon:

shaq, hakeem, kobe all have 1 mvp.

babe ruth has only 1 mvp

ken griffey has only 1 mvp

nash has 2

:confusedshrug: :roll:

its the only thing lebron really has to brag about and its worthless because of the past mistakes in picking winners. pretty sad

STATUTORY
04-02-2013, 01:45 PM
:biggums: not sure if retarded, or dumb ass. LeBron came into the league a freak or nature, what makes you think he's going to lose his prime/become a scrub like a normal ball player.

when that hairline recedes past the crown of Lebron's head, how's he gonna sport a headband and continue to play?

early retirement son.

kennethgriffin
04-02-2013, 01:46 PM
When you think about it, it's pretty amazing that w/ just ONE MORE Finals MVP, Lebron will kick Kobe out of the top 10.

Dat ON COURT impact :pimp:

kobes resume is boarderline top 3 all time. at worst hes 6th all time

lebron would bump hakeem and still be behind guys like duncan/bird/shaq

AlonzoGOAT
04-02-2013, 01:46 PM
I can't believe you actually put those last 5 categories and spell undefeated wrong

LikeABosh
04-02-2013, 01:50 PM
You're comparing a near finished product to a player in the middle of his prime :roll: Lebron will have KObe beat in 80% of these categories by the time he's done

kennethgriffin
I can't believe you actually put those last 5 categories and spell undefeated wrong

you got a problem with me pointing out lebrons short comings?

such as losing in international competition and kobe never losing

and kobe racking up all the player of the 2000's awards

poor baby... want a tissue?

ripthekik
I'm tired of another Lebron Kobe thread.. but when I saw the pic.. hey, can't knock :applause: the numbers don't lie.

Maniak
04-02-2013, 01:51 PM
It was a smart idea to make this thread because it will incite intelligent discussion from a variety of fanbases.

DuMa
:lol 'UNDEFETED'

kennethgriffin
You're comparing a near finished product to a player in the middle of his prime :roll: Lebron will have KObe beat in 80% of these categories by the time he's done

so you finally admit its not even close

thankyou... before you guys were saying lebrons already higher all time

now you know its a joke for lebron to even be mentioned in the same breath as kobe

now get lost

kennethgriffin
04-02-2013, 01:53 PM
:lol 'UNDEFETED'

only thing any lebron fan can argue with

:lol

a spelling error

LikeABosh
04-02-2013, 01:54 PM

Lebron wasn't in the NBA for 1/3rd of the 2000's decade you jack off

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-02-2013, 01:55 PM
kobes resume is boarderline top 3 all time. at worst hes 6th all time

lebron would bump hakeem and still be behind guys like duncan/bird/shaq

The thing is, his on the court impact is that of a top 15-20 player. It's the reason people barely have him in their top 10 lists. It's why in almost HALF the time, Lebron will be ranked in the top 10, unfortunately kicking Kobe out.

LikeABosh
04-02-2013, 01:56 PM

now you know its a joke for lebron to even be mentioned in the same breath as kobe

now get lost
I for one never said that, Lebron is far and away better than Kobe right now and Lebron is better right now than Kobe ever was, but his career is not better yet, BECAUSE HE'S IN THE MIDDLE OF IT. By the time Lebron is done his resume will destroy Kobe. Deal with it

MMM
04-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Duncan, KG, and Dirk have done more with less but I do have a big man bias not gonna lie. With that being said I still like their total impact over what Kobe and Bron bring to the table. Especially for guys like Duncan and KG who anchored elite defenses, cleaned up the glass, and attracted double teams on the opposite side of the court, which in my mind is a far more consistent impact on the game.

kennethgriffin
04-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Lebron wasn't in the NBA for 1/3rd of the 2000's decade you jack off

and again... like i said before.. your argument for lebron not having enough accomplishments is that he doesnt have enough accomplishments

lol what kind of argument for being inferior all time is that anyway? you're only basically agreeing with me

"well hes not better because he hasnt done as much! so there!" :roll:

ripthekik
04-02-2013, 02:00 PM
The thing is, his on the court impact is that of a top 15-20 player. It's the reason people barely have him in their top 10 lists. It's why in almost HALF the time, Lebron will be ranked in the top 10, unfortunately kicking Kobe out.
that's what all the lebron fans keep telling themselves...
most of them also like to use 'future accomplishments' to push lebron into top 10.. :roll:

"if lebron wins another fmvp, he will be... blah blah blah" -typical lebron stan

lebeast666
04-02-2013, 02:01 PM

now get lost

It ain't a joke though. Everybody know LeBron is a greater basketball player than Kobe. Career wise Kobe obviously will be ahead with more years played. But now we play the waiting game and see how many achievements Bron can pile up. That's why you are an idiot for making this thread. :lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-02-2013, 02:03 PM
that's what all the lebron fans keep telling themselves...
most of them also like to use 'future accomplishments' to push lebron into top 10.. :roll:

"if lebron wins another fmvp, he will be... blah blah blah" -typical lebron stan

I'm not a Lebron fan. It's just reality dude. :confusedshrug:

Nash
04-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Worst
List
Ever

HardwoodLegend
04-02-2013, 02:09 PM

Who were Bron's teammates for those Bronze medals?

Were the rosters comparable to what Kobe played with?

dh144498
04-02-2013, 02:17 PM
great thread. :applause:

tazb
04-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Hate/trolling aside though Kobe is 9-10 on my all-time list. But if he misses the playoffs this year with all these HOFs on one team he's going to be #12 on my list. If he plays next year too and does bad/misses playoffs again #14 on my list, and so on and so on.

dh144498
04-02-2013, 02:26 PM
hate/bias aside, Lebron is 15-20 on my list (as he should be for every unbiased person) because he failed to win the chip with 2 other top 5 players in their late 20s (primes), and disappearing in the NBA finals while getting outscored by a bench player. If he fails to win the title this year with the most stacked roster of all time (the Heat without LEbron is a championship contender), then his legacy will forever be tarnished and he will be bumped outside of the top 50 and will never have a chance at redemption.
lolololol

RoundMoundOfReb
04-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Lmao all star mvps? 40 point games? what type of random arbitrary bullshit categories are those? why not use 10 assist games or 10 rebound games? Anybody can make up shit to make a player look better.

Sakkreth
04-02-2013, 02:28 PM
op ain't banned yet ? :facepalm

pauk
04-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Kobe Bryant didnt do all that in "this era", he did that since mid 90s..... comparing accolades from a young player to Kobe who has 17 NBA years at his repertoir doesnt work either...

You have done nothing here but unintentionally given compliments to Lebron you know that right? You have just now proved that Lebron has achieved accolades etc. in a much more productive rate than Kobe and even caught up to him, how else can a guy who has completed only 9 seasons be compared to a guy who has completed 16 seasons.... ?

and lol @ adding "Lockout", what the hell does that mean? Lebron played 16 less regular season games........ what does that have to do with anything? If anything it should work in his favor considering they played a much more hectic schedule and missed 16 games where he could have only added more triple doubles, points, assists and so on...

Is He Ill
Hate/trolling aside though Kobe is 9-10 on my all-time list. But if he misses the playoffs this year with all these HOFs on one team he's going to be #12 on my list. If he plays next year too and does bad/misses playoffs again #14 on my list, and so on and so on.

Yeah, because that's completely logical. :oldlol: I mean all these hall of famers are in their primes right?

ripthekik
dumbest guy on ISH.
So did Shaq drop 3 spots when he was with the Celtics, Suns, and CAVS and did not win?

I think we also need to drop Lebron a few spots further down.. he played with Shaq, MDE, and still lost.

dh144498
04-02-2013, 02:30 PM
dumbest guy on ISH.
So did Shaq drop 3 spots when he was with the Celtics, Suns, and CAVS and did not win?

I think we also need to drop Lebron a few spots further down.. he played with Shaq, MDE, and still lost.

:applause:

ether-ing TAZB the moron.

Ne 1
04-02-2013, 02:30 PM

If LeBron has so much impact than how did he lose 3 straight years with home court advantage to an under seed? :confusedshrug: If he has so much impact than why is it that he had to jump on to a team with 2 other superstars in their prime along with the "other" best player in the league who was also putting together historical statistical seasons. (What he did was the equivalent to Walton and Kareem joining in '77, or Magic and Bird joining from '86-'88, Jordan and Hakeem joining in '93, or Russell and Chamberlain teaming up in the 60s, because you know why? These guys were not only thought of as the two best players in the league, but also at the same level as the other guy, just like LeBron and Wade.) And most importantly if he has so much impact how was he outplayed by a player coming off the bench in the Finals?

tazb
04-02-2013, 02:35 PM
dumbest guy on ISH.

Prime Dwight former 3x defensive player of the year = 37 year old fat ass Shaq now?:roll: :lol

HardwoodLegend
04-02-2013, 02:36 PM
If LeBron has so much impact than how did he lose 3 straight years with home court advantage to an under seed? :confusedshrug: If he has so much impact than why is it that he had to jump on to a team with 2 other superstars in their prime along with the "other" best player in the league who was also putting together historical statistical seasons. (What he did was the equivalent to Walton and Kareem joining in '77, or Magic and Bird joining from '86-'88, Jordan and Hakeem joining in '93, or Russell and Chamberlain teaming up in the 60s, because you know why? These guys were not only thought of as the two best players in the league, but also at the same level as the other guy, just like LeBron and Wade.) And most importantly if he has so much impact how was he outplayed by a player coming off the bench in the Finals?

Wade and Bosh were healthy in that Finals, so sharing the ball with them cut into LeBron's stats.

When they were hobbled last year, he was able to carry them effectively.

ripthekik
04-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Prime Dwight former 3x defensive player of the year = 37 year old fat ass Shaq now?:roll: :lol
Prime Lebron = 34 year old, 17th season Kobe now? :lol :lol

lebeast666
04-02-2013, 02:39 PM

So we just gonna watch LeBron waste away his prime like KG in shit hole Cleveland? You guys would've loved that.

Too bad he here in Miami now winning chips http://www.imgur.com/JDm4O7e.gif

tazb
04-02-2013, 02:41 PM

Is Kobe not having one of the best, if not the best season of his career? :lol

lebeast666
04-02-2013, 02:42 PM

Thought Kobe was shooting career high FG%. Y'all made it sound like nikka was in his prime playing the best ball he's ever played. Ooooh Kobe with the "greatest longevity"

chazzy
04-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Spoken like an NBA newbie. If this is his best season, was his supporting cast in 06 better than this cast since they won more games?

ripthekik
04-02-2013, 02:54 PM

Thought Kobe was shooting career high FG%. Y'all made it sound like nikka was in his prime playing the best ball he's ever played. Ooooh Kobe with the "greatest longevity"
That's props to him. Doing it even at the tailend of his career :applause:

You guys won't be seeing the same out of Lebron, so appreciate it. Dude's going to drop off so hard when he passes 32, once he's not longer able to just out-muscle people.

DMAVS41
04-02-2013, 02:55 PM
As of now Kobe had to be higher on the all time lists...especially with his great play for the most part this year.

However, if Lebron were to sweep MVP, FMVP, and add another title...I think it becomes a toss up.

That would be 4 mvps, 2 titles, 2 finals mvps vs 1 mvp, 5 titles, 2 finals mvps

8 vs 8 on the main legacy stuff that people care about. While Lebron hasn't matched the longevity yet...if you look at years as an elite player

Kobe has 13 (14 if you count 00)

Lebron has 9 (10 if you count 04)

So it's a little closer even on the longevity side of it as well.

I'd probably still rank Kobe over Lebron even if Lebron did sweep, but at that point the writing would be on the wall and only a severe injury could keep Lebron from passing him within a year or two at most.

arifgokcen
04-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Dude i enjoy troll threads as much as the other guy but werent you the one that when somebody else argued lebron being best player you said something like this

A player in his 17th season comparing to a player in his 10th season just goes to show you how great in his 17th season.

I mean kobe at the same age had only three rings no FMVPs and no MVPs.

This is a big kobe fan talking;logic you apply doesnt fit your own logic

All Net
04-02-2013, 03:02 PM
As of now Kobe had to be higher on the all time lists...especially with his great play for the most part this year.

However, if Lebron were to sweep MVP, FMVP, and add another title...I think it becomes a toss up.

That would be 4 mvps, 2 titles, 2 finals mvps vs 1 mvp, 5 titles, 2 finals mvps

8 vs 8 on the main legacy stuff that people care about. While Lebron hasn't matched the longevity yet...if you look at years as an elite player

Kobe has 13 (14 if you count 00)

Lebron has 9 (10 if you count 04)

So it's a little closer even on the longevity side of it as well.

I'd probably still rank Kobe over Lebron even if Lebron did sweep, but at that point the writing would be on the wall and only a severe injury could keep Lebron from passing him within a year or two at most.

Honestly I think people will for the most part will rank Lebron higher if he does sweep this year.

I<3NBA
04-02-2013, 03:02 PM
since you're putting an asterisk on the lockout season, imma put an asterisk on the stolen King's title, the 2 others Shaq gave to Kobe, the one Gasol gave to Kobe, and the one Artest gave to Kobe. just to be fair.

dh144498
04-02-2013, 03:04 PM
since you're putting an asterisk on the lockout season, imma put an asterisk on the stolen King's title, the 2 others Shaq gave to Kobe, the one Gasol gave to Kobe, and the one Artest gave to Kobe. just to be fair.

:biggums:

is this logic? :oldlol: silly lebron stans.

lebeast666
04-02-2013, 03:05 PM
That's props to him. Doing it even at the tailend of his career :applause:

You guys won't be seeing the same out of Lebron, so appreciate it. Dude's going to drop off so hard when he passes 32, once he's not longer able to just out-muscle people.

Thanks for telling us what LeBron will be like in 5 years from now. Can you also tell me if I'll be a millionaire.

I feel like Kobe stans like to compare him to LeBron now because they think "now is the chance, before LeBron starts winning". That's how it really is unless a serious injury comes LeBrons way.

DMAVS41
04-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Honestly I think people will for the most part will rank Lebron higher if he does sweep this year.

I agree. And I won't have a problem with that, but I do think Kobe would be being a little undervalued perhaps if that were to happen.

But I also think Lebron, as a player, has hit a level Kobe never reached...so I totally get it.

But let's see what happens first. Not going to be easy for the Heat this year...despite what everyone is saying.

pauk
04-02-2013, 03:08 PM
If LeBron has so much impact than how did he lose 3 straight years with home court advantage to an under seed? :confusedshrug:

Because this is a team game and the better team will win, the better/best team reveals itself entirely ONLY in the playoffs.

Because Cavs were full with scrubs, overarchieving due to ONE players massive IMPACT, the better actual TEAMs he faced in the playoffs figured out how to play them/him in 7 games and how to abuse the rest of his teammates offensively....

Cavs were more like a one man army, rather than a team.... they won because of ONE man, not because of their team depth.... a greater team simply overplays that ONE guy and lets those scrubs try to beat them.... and the strategy always worked... just like it did with Jordan in the 80s for example....

If he has so much impact than why is it that he had to jump on to a team with 2 other superstars in their prime along with the "other" best player in the league who was also putting together historical statistical seasons.

1st of all, Wade WAS a superstar, but he is an all-star......... you have to play/produce like a superstar to be a superstar....

Bosh? Superstar? Stop... stop right there...

...and who the hell is that "other" best player?

Why did Lebron jump to another team? Because in his 7 years the best player he ever recieved was Mo Williams.... or perhaps Larry Hughes..... After 7 years he realised how his future would end up if he stayed there.....

It wouldnt matter if he averaged 40 point triple doubles and won MVP/DPOY every year, he had scrubs around him and because it is a team game he would end up his career RINGLESS in Cleveland..... because if they cant make any better moves after 7 years then why waste his prime years there?

Lebron had to venture out and put HIMSELF in the position Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell and so on and so on were.......... those guys didnt have to move a finger...... they got their supporting casts handed to them on a silverplate, some immediately, some a bit later.... thats why they didnt had to jump on any other team... those players were NOT in Lebrons position....

(What he did was the equivalent to Walton and Kareem joining in '77, or Magic and Bird joining from '86-'88, Jordan and Hakeem joining in '93, or Russell and Chamberlain teaming up in the 60s, because you know why? These guys were not only thought of as the two best players in the league, but also at the same level as the other guy, just like LeBron and Wade.) And most importantly if he has so much impact how was he outplayed by a player coming off the bench in the Finals?

Wrong, wrong and wrong.... Bosh/Wade isnt equivalent the caliber of players Kareem nor Magic nor Hakeem.... nowhere there...

Lebron plays with a 20-5-5 SG and a 17-7-2 PF (with bad defense)....... thats more accurately equivalent of Jordan (at best) joining a declining Clyde Drexler and Brad Daugherty........... and again, why would Jordan do that anyways? He already had Pippen, Grant, Rodman, Kukoc etc. best coach etc. won championships back to back and so on......... you see, you cant talk about these hypothetical situations because Jordan was not in Lebrons position at all...... if he were... oh my god... he would have left long time ago, but unlike Lebron not before complaining/whining and threating to leave.... joining a WORSE team which Lebron did is not equivalent of joining a better team who won championships before the "joining".... Lebron joined a much worse team who with its all-star playing Wade missed the playoffs and/or lost in 1st round 5 years in a row, even during Wades superstar playing days..... if he wouldnt have joined them they would have NOT won the championship........ but Kareem/Magic without Jordan would........ every season....

Big#50
04-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Kobe is ahead as of now. They both have had terrible NBA finals showings. They both needed the best team in the league to win rings. Both are overrated defensively. Both are stats monsters. They are interchangeable. It's a case of what do you value more.

riseagainst
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Kobe is ahead as of now. They both have had terrible NBA finals showings. They both needed the best team in the league to win rings. Both are overrated defensively. Both are stats monsters. They are interchangeable. It's a case of what do you value more.

:applause:

DMAVS41
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM

It's getting really hard to over-rate Bron defensively unless someone is claiming his on ball defense is what makes him great.

He's one of the best perimeter defenders ever at this point and has been playing at that level since 09 roughly...he's improved over that time of course, but I'd actually say his defensive impact has been under-rated a bit.

Big#50
04-02-2013, 03:36 PM
It's getting really hard to over-rate Bron defensively unless someone is claiming his on ball defense is what makes him great.

He's one of the best perimeter defenders ever at this point and has been playing at that level since 09 roughly...he's improved over that time of course, but I'd actually say his defensive impact has been under-rated a bit.
Overrated because people have called the best ever. He is not even close to the best perimeter defender now. Also the refs let him get away with physical play. I think he is a good defender.

DMAVS41
04-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Overrated because people have called the best ever. He is not even close to the best perimeter defender now. Also the refs let him get away with physical play. I think he is a good defender.

I've heard people say he's the most versatile perimeter defender ever. Never once have I ever heard someone say he's the best perimeter defender ever.

If someone did...then yes, that would be over-rating him.

ripthekik
04-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks for telling us what LeBron will be like in 5 years from now. Can you also tell me if I'll be a millionaire.

No, you won't.

And pauk just went pauk again :lol

Breezy
04-02-2013, 04:23 PM
20$ says OP has autism or aspergers or some kind of condition. No way a normal person has the kind amount of re tarded stamina necessary to keep coming at us with the same topic everyday.

Heavincent
04-02-2013, 04:36 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

KG215
04-02-2013, 04:50 PM
This thread has brought us so close to the highly anticipated "pauk vs. kennethgriffin" showdown. Now if one of them would just quote and directly respond to the other, things could get really interesting.

juju151111
04-02-2013, 04:53 PM
How is current LJ overacted defensively? Lj has been playing great defense since 09.

TheBigVeto
04-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Lebron wins.

PickernRoller
04-02-2013, 08:38 PM
WTF is this piece of troll attempt?

lilgodfather1
04-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Your NBA records are way off. LeBron holds every youngest to record for every 1000 point incriment. Assuming you didn't include any of those, that would put LeBron's records at 33, which is more than Kobe, obviously, and is the reason you forgot to include them most likely.

Other than that, all of the player of the decade "awards" are mostly fan voted I would imagine, and considering California has 10% of the country's population, I would say the vote is invalid.

Edit: And Kobe having under a 100 point lead on LeBron in ASG points, despite playing in nearly twice as many all star games, is not a positive thing...

Raymond
04-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Well look it's a bit unfair to compare Kobe who was drafted to the Lakers and handed rings to LeBron who was drafted to the Cavs and had to carry them for 7 or so years before going to the Heat and starring there.

esiotrot
04-02-2013, 10:45 PM
OP: Media voted awards don't matter.

Creates fake competition on online messageboard.

ripthekik
04-02-2013, 10:46 PM
OP: Media voted awards don't matter.

Creates fake competition on online messageboard.
:applause: :applause:
You learn fast.

red1
04-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Yo kenny you forgot another one of kobe's achievements - all-time leader in bricked shots

lebeast666
04-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Yo kenny you forgot another one of kobe's achievements - all-time leader in bricked shots

http://www.imgur.com/aTBFuyO.png

ripthekik
04-02-2013, 11:31 PM
if it's in the 4th quarter, that still belongs to Lebron.

LBJFTW
04-02-2013, 11:34 PM
:roll:
It was a smart idea to make this thread because it will incite intelligent discussion from a variety of fanbases.

Duncan > than all this nonsense. Real NBA fans don't care much for a player that was gifted 3 rings and another player who formed a dream team.

Damn I love how the truth hurts.

red1
04-02-2013, 11:34 PM
if it's in the 4th quarter, that still belongs to Lebron.
Seriously though I am sure that is also kobe. Lmao

ripthekik
04-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Seriously though I am sure that is also kobe. Lmao
Lebron's 2011 performance is enough to cover Kobe's career, dude built a school, a church, and a hospital
http://i.imgur.com/aTBFuyO.png

red1
04-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Lebron's 2011 performance is enough to cover Kobe's career, dude build a school, a church, and a hospital
LOL

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBFeZgCCIAAkIrN.jpg

esiotrot
04-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Lebron's 2011 performance is enough to cover Kobe's career, dude built a school, a church, and a hospital

I thought Lebron was super passive and didn't take a lot of shots in the 4th quarter that year? :confusedshrug:

DonDadda59
04-03-2013, 12:12 AM
This thread has brought us so close to the highly anticipated "pauk vs. kennethgriffin" showdown. Now if one of them would just quote and directly respond to the other, things could get really interesting.

Dare we dream?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1of9hNfIu1qm3ypqo1_500.gif