PDA

View Full Version : Melo's 50 Points vs Heat

iDunk
04-03-2013, 12:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVz4Eu90-pU

No thread on this?

****ing haters.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3nlgmcEEe1qa2a16.gif

One of the most impressive jump shooting performances in recent history. Kills the Heat every time they play, with or without LeBron. Can the playoffs come already?

k0kakw0rld
04-03-2013, 12:22 AM
1st round exit :rockon:

esiotrot
04-03-2013, 12:23 AM
Why didn't you make a thread earlier?

Fk man, support your team.

#number6ix#
04-03-2013, 12:23 AM
Props to melo dude was straight ballin tonight

BrickingStar
04-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Killing the heat is losing in the 1st round against them :wtf:

kNicKz
04-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Best scorer in the league :bowdown:

iDunk
04-03-2013, 12:31 AM
If the Knicks won 34 games in a row people would still be saying first round exit. They're just jealous little fools who wish their team played in such a big market as NY is or had some of the big name players that this franchise owns.

At some point you just gotta give it to them even if you are a hater/troll.

Pointguard
04-03-2013, 12:34 AM
Have to love the way the ball was hitting nothing but the bottom of the net, too. Great game!

DuMa
04-03-2013, 12:50 AM
It was amazing. nothing left to said

SevereUpInHere
04-03-2013, 12:53 AM
Was weird watching the game, it seemed like less impressive of a performance than Step Curry against us recently. Or maybe not as big of a deal. I can't put my finger on it, I mean Melo even shot a better % than Curry did. Amazing performance.

Melo is a joy to watch when he's on like that.

lilblingy
04-03-2013, 12:58 AM
I don't really like Melo but he was on fire today. Absolutely beautiful game.

jimmy77x
04-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Had lebron scored 50 there would be a 12+ page man on man circle jerk party going on about now.

esiotrot
04-03-2013, 01:07 AM
Had lebron scored 50 there would be a 12+ page man on man circle jerk party going on about now.

Why are you always complaining about Lebron bro?

BrickingStar
04-03-2013, 01:08 AM
inferiority complex and still upset he didn't pick his garbage franchise

maybeshewill13
Best scorer in the league :bowdown:
http://i.imgur.com/ejjCv.gif

dh144498

this. :applause:

jimmy77x

I troll purposely to bait the lebron stans, in which they usually angrily respond :lol

Sarcastic
https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/319285233457455104

"Knicks win despite Melo missing 6 shots" -NY tabloid headlines tomorrow

:roll: :roll: :roll:

esiotrot
04-03-2013, 01:12 AM
I troll purposely to bait the lebron stans, in which they usually angrily respond :lol

Fk me I fell for it.

Sht.

plowking
04-03-2013, 01:13 AM
Great game to watch. Melo was on fire, we had no one to stop him.

I was hoping he'd have a big night anyway, but was hoping we could nab the win. It was an impressive performance. Its so weird how his 3 point shooting has suddenly become so prominent in his game.

iDunk
04-03-2013, 01:15 AM
If Melo did this at the Garden.. it would be rockingg

SevereUpInHere
04-03-2013, 01:19 AM

Maybe that's what the difference was I couldn't put my finger on between his game and Curry's. MSG. That would have be insane at the garden.

NumberSix
04-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Yeah, Knicks are awesome. Maybe this year they can even improve to 2 wins in the first round.

ShaqAttack3234
04-03-2013, 01:21 AM
Amazing game to watch. It was surprising when he missed. He didn't force that much either. Took his shots quickly and the Knicks didn't force the ball to him most of the game either. Other than that heat check at the end of the 1st and a couple of other shots, he pretty much got his shots in the flow of the offense. Was making the open shots and the tough shots. 18/26 shooting, 7 threes and only 8 free throw attempts to get 50.

I was hoping he'd have a big night anyway, but was hoping we could nab the win. It was an impressive performance. Its so weird how his 3 point shooting has suddenly become so prominent in his game.

He was taking(and making) a lot of 3s right after the trade in '11 as well when D'Antoni was the coach, though he didn't shoot nearly as many last season. He may have worked on his 3 point shooting more because of Chandler and Amare. It's a good thing he did because he's had trouble finishing at the rim pretty much all season. I didn't expect 3 point shooting to become such a big part of his game either, though. Especially after D'Antoni was gone.

plowking
04-03-2013, 01:22 AM
Maybe that's what the difference was I couldn't put my finger on between his game and Curry's. MSG. That would have be insane at the garden.

Could be that he really slowed up in the final quarter because the Knicks were already taking advantage and had a decent lead. Where as Curry was playing in a tight game and really poured it on when his team needed it.

plowking
04-03-2013, 01:23 AM
I think we can all agree that Mike Miller was better tonight though.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-03-2013, 01:26 AM
:applause:

ClutchOver9000
04-03-2013, 01:29 AM

it would be a lelbron/heat-harlem-shake gifs extravaganza...

ClutchOver9000
04-03-2013, 01:33 AM
I think we can all agree that Mike Miller was better tonight though.

Mike Miller went finals mode on us. My question though is, how the hell is the guy still playing/contributing?

Last season we all bore witness to a broken down hobbled man, laboring up and down the floor each possession w/ a "please-god-let-this-game-be-over" look on his face. :lol

Dude went to Germany or what?

Legends66NBA7
04-03-2013, 01:33 AM
If the Knicks won 34 games in a row people would still be saying first round exit. They're just jealous little fools who wish their team played in such a big market as NY is or had some of the big name players that this franchise owns.

Wow.

Everything in this post is so wrong.

Graviton
04-03-2013, 01:42 AM
Amazing how he scored 50 on 26 shots and only 8 free throws. Durant this year scored 52 with 22 free throws and only 13 FGs made I think. :oldlol:

esiotrot
04-03-2013, 01:46 AM
Wow.

Everything in this post is so wrong.

He's right! The Knicks are the underdogs of the NBA. They should play with a giant chip on their muscular shoulders!

ClutchOver9000
04-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Amazing how he scored 50 on 26 shots and only 8 free throws. Durant this year scored 52 with 22 free throws and only 13 FGs made I think. :oldlol:

If Melo was treated the way Durant is, he'd be unstoppable.

BTW the guy scored 50 without a single shot in the paint. All jumpers :bowdown:

Lebron23
04-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Is this a new career high? Melo was on fire.

ProfessorMurder
04-03-2013, 02:34 AM
Dem 2 rebounds :bowdown:

Legends66NBA7
04-03-2013, 02:36 AM
Is this a new career high? Melo was on fire.

No, he just tied it. He's had 50 points 3 times.

Graviton
04-03-2013, 03:08 AM
Funny thing is after the game I played Melo @ Heat in 2k13 against my brother on Hall of Fame and got 51 points/2 rebounds/2 assists. Those are the almost the exact same stats Melo had today. :oldlol:

I kept raining 3 after 3 on perfect pull ups during a fastbreak and my bro said I was cheating somehow, I showed him the sliders/settings to assure him it was legit.

I<3NBA
04-03-2013, 03:17 AM
no Lebron to stop him, sheesh.

tazb
04-03-2013, 03:22 AM
Congrats. Hope he does this in the playoffs so the Knicks have a chance to win more than one game.

Fudge
04-03-2013, 03:24 AM
3-1 :roll:

Melo spanked dat ass yet again.

Patrick Chewing
04-03-2013, 03:28 AM

Zzzzzz

Miserio
04-03-2013, 03:36 AM

Well, don't forget recent history. The knicks have been a 1st round exit (or a non-playoff team) since forever

RagaZ
04-03-2013, 03:59 AM
3-1 :roll:

Melo spanked dat ass yet again.

:cheers:

Trentknicks
04-03-2013, 04:02 AM
Except Battier spends 90% of the time guarding him anyway.

Kingwillball
04-03-2013, 04:28 AM
Except Battier spends 90% of the time guarding him anyway.

If they met in Playoffs it would be more like 50% of the time with Lebron on him the other 50

coin24
04-03-2013, 04:38 AM
Melo:bowdown:
2nd best player in the league behind the black mamba:pimp:

Hope we get to see a Knicks vs Heat ECF...

esiotrot
04-03-2013, 04:41 AM

:lol :lol

Trentknicks
04-03-2013, 04:41 AM
If they met in Playoffs it would be more like 50% of the time with Lebron on him the other 50
Potentially but Lebron guarding Melo doesn't = less points for Melo = better for heat.

It means more fouls on Lebron and him having to sit for extended periods if he guards Melo for longer.

The Heat have an excellent safety net around Lebron (with Battier guarding the tougher defensive assignment for most of the game) which enables Lebron to conserve his energy for offense and stay out of foul trouble.

went_worth
04-03-2013, 04:56 AM

:bowdown:

Patrick Chewing
04-03-2013, 05:55 AM
I had to LOL when Melo was 6-6 shooting and then he took that 3-pointer from half court almost and missed bad.

Miserio
04-03-2013, 06:12 AM
Potentially but Lebron guarding Melo doesn't = less points for Melo = better for heat.

It means more fouls on Lebron and him having to sit for extended periods if he guards Melo for longer.

The Heat have an excellent safety net around Lebron (with Battier guarding the tougher defensive assignment for most of the game) which enables Lebron to conserve his energy for offense and stay out of foul trouble.
lol your bias is nuts. Melo is a whole tier below LeBron. He has no chance whatsoever.

Trentknicks
04-03-2013, 06:19 AM
lol your bias is nuts. Melo is a whole tier below LeBron. He has no chance whatsoever.
I know your probably posting on a shaky internet connection in a gang riddled favela in the scummiest part of the world. But at which point did I say Melo was better than Lebron?

I simply pointed out that Lebron guarding Melo would end up with Lebron having more fouls. I also indicated Melo would score less with Lebron guarding him.

Now go back to you and your sisters kids and forage through the dump so they can eat tonight.

Blue&Orange
04-03-2013, 06:23 AM
In your probably posting on a shaky internet connection in a gang riddled favela in the scummiest part of the world. But at which point did I say Melo was better than Lebron.

I simply pointed out that Lebron guarding Melo would end up with him having more fouls. I also indicated Melo would score less with Lebron guarding him.

Now go back to you and your sisters kids and forage through the dump so they can eat tonight.
Give MElo LEbron's body and unlike Lebron he actually would have a shot at the GOAT.

Give Lebron Melo's body and he would be a scrub.

Miserio
04-03-2013, 06:26 AM
I know your probably posting on a shaky internet connection in a gang riddled favela in the scummiest part of the world. But at which point did I say Melo was better than Lebron?

I simply pointed out that Lebron guarding Melo would end up with Lebron having more fouls. I also indicated Melo would score less with Lebron guarding him.

The first part is actually true. I have a really shaky mobile internet xD. The next is not, favelas only exist in Brazil, don't use things you don't know about, you look like a dumb ignorant trying to be a superior fat-capitalist guy shiting on his golden toilet and probably being something like 400 pounds with farts that can set hairs on fire.

And no, LeBron is not used to foul people, he's a pretty clean defender, he's bigger, faster and stronger than Carmelo. He's gonna make him work for every shot and in the offensive side he's still gonna outplay anyone in front of him. The Knicks have ZERO chance at even competing with the Heat. Miami is wishing to see the Knicks in the ECF to have a clean pass to the finals without sweating.

Trentknicks
04-03-2013, 06:29 AM
The first part is actually true. I have a really shaky mobile internet xD. The next is not, favelas only exist in Brazil, don't use things you don't know about, you look like a dumb ignorant trying to be a superior fat-capitalist guy shiting on his golden toilet and probably being something like 400 pounds with farts that can set hairs on fire.

And no, LeBron is not used to foul people, he's a pretty clean defender, he's bigger, faster and stronger than Carmelo. He's gonna make him work for every shot and in the offensive side he's still gonna outplay anyone in front of him. The Knicks have ZERO chance at even competing with the Heat. Miami is wishing to see the Knicks in the ECF to have a clean pass to the finals without sweating.
Just as well i'm a 192 pound natural body builder sitting at 8% BF :D

I never said the Knicks were going to beat the Heat either so stop reaching and going off subject. It's a weak strategy to winning a debate.

Miserio
04-03-2013, 06:34 AM
Just as well i'm a 192 pound natural body builder sitting at 8% BF :D

I never said the Knicks were going to beat the Heat either so stop reaching and going off subject. It's a weak strategy to winning a debate.
I don't want to win anything. It's just funny that Knick fans always think their Star player is better than he actually is. Carmelo is not a great player, he is a great scorer (and not so great in the playoffs since he has like 24 ppg in 20 FGA which is NUTS considering he doesn't play any defense) he's like a T-mac, a good showman who can't be a franchise player at this level.

Shepseskaf
04-03-2013, 06:38 AM
And no, LeBron is not used to foul people, he's a pretty clean defender, he's bigger, faster and stronger than Carmelo. He's gonna make him work for every shot and in the offensive side he's still gonna outplay anyone in front of him.
The head-to-head stats are very even: Carmelo vs. Lebron (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=jamesle01)

17 regular season games:
Melo: 23.9 ppg
LBJ: 25.2 ppg

5 playoff games:
Melo: 27.8 ppg
LBJ: 27.8 ppg

Some people are selling Melo way short. No one thinks he's as good as LBJ, but he won't be shut down by anyone.

Miserio
04-03-2013, 06:44 AM
The head-to-head stats are very even: Carmelo vs. Lebron (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=jamesle01)

17 regular season games:
Melo: 23.9 ppg
LBJ: 25.2 ppg

5 playoff games:
Melo: 27.8 ppg
LBJ: 27.8 ppg

Some people are selling Melo way short. No one thinks he's as good as LBJ, but he won't be shut down by anyone.
Yes, LeBron with 18 shots per game and Carmelo with 24.8 that's like, a 34% more of shots and scoring the same amount of points. You have to understand this, the new fever about FG% has a reason. Being effective means scoring more points in less posesions which means having a BETTER CHANCE AT WINNING THE GAME.

Players like Carmelo who shot like crazy in the first 10 seconds of the shot clock doesn't understand this fact and at the end of the day are not too worried about improving or being a winner.

Trentknicks
04-03-2013, 06:48 AM
I don't want to win anything. It's just funny that Knick fans always think their Star player is better than he actually is. Carmelo is not a great player, he is a great scorer (and not so great in the playoffs since he has like 24 ppg in 20 FGA which is NUTS considering he doesn't play any defense) he's like a T-mac, a good showman who can't be a franchise player at this level.
What's so hard to understand about Lebron fouling more often if he is guarding Melo instead of Battier for extended periods?

You've done nothing to refute my point other than change the subject.

Miserio
04-03-2013, 06:52 AM
Lebron averages 2 fouls a game against Carmelo. His career average? 1.9

Shepseskaf
04-03-2013, 06:53 AM
Yes, LeBron with 18 shots per game and Carmelo with 24.8 that's like, a 34% more of shots and scoring the same amount of points. You have to understand this, the new fever about FG% has a reason. Being effective means scoring more points in less posesions which means having a BETTER CHANCE AT WINNING THE GAME.

Players like Carmelo who shot like crazy in the first 10 seconds of the shot clock doesn't understand this fact and at the end of the day are not too worried about improving or being a winner.
Maybe you should read the stats more carefully. The shot disparity you noted was only for 5 playoff games.

The larger sample size, in 17 regular season games, Melo took 19.4 shots per game, LBJ took 20.2. In total, the shot gap is not nearly as large as you've suggested.

Don't start ranting about what people need to "understand", when you clearly don't see the big picture yourself.

kNicKz
04-03-2013, 06:54 AM

Half of the heat stadium are knicks fans so it's close :roll:

Trentknicks
04-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Lebron averages 2 fouls a game against Carmelo. His career average? 1.9
Well it did increase, so i was right. . .

But a very incomplete statistic, it only accounts for when he is matched up against him on the team sheet. Not the time spent guarding him.

Miserio
04-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Maybe you should read the stats more carefully. The shot disparity you noted was only for 5 playoff games.

The larger sample size, in 17 regular season games, Melo took 19.4 shots per game, LBJ took 20.2. In total, the shot gap is not nearly as large as you've suggested.

Don't start ranting about what people need to "understand", when you clearly don't see the big picture yourself.
We've been talking about the playoffs in these last posts. The only thing that matters, and the potential matchup between those two guys in the ECF. And if you want to see the big picture:

Carmelo averages 45% in regular season and 41% in the playoffs. Last playoffs he scored 27 points in 24 shot against the Heat. I can't believe how people can come and defend a guy who does that, is Iversonesque (even worse because A-I was a decent defender and gained a couple of possesions every game by stealing the ball). LeBron scored 30 on 21 and with good playmaking and trying to take the best possible shot.

My point, stats aside, is this. Carmelo is gonna score 50, 40, 30 once in a while as he always does. But when teams start playing serious defense, the dominant style of play that the Knicks have (which is, give the ball to carmelo and JR and watch em shoot at the first 10 seconds in the shot clock) is taking them nowhere.

I'm argentinian and I read an interview a magazine did to Pablo Prigioni, and he said: "I always tell Carmelo and JR 'let me handle the ball, let's move it a little bit more, if you guys start doing your ISO at like 18 seconds in the shot clock the defense is gonna be less focused, more tired and disperse and you're gonna have a better oportunity to score in that situation' but they don't listen, haha"

Miserio
04-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Well it did increase, so i was right. . .

But a very incomplete statistic, it only accounts for when he is matched up against him on the team sheet. Not the time spent guarding him.
When CLE played against DEN, LeBron guarded him most of the time.

Shepseskaf
04-03-2013, 07:24 AM
My point, stats aside, is this. Carmelo is gonna score 50, 40, 30 once in a while as he always does. But when teams start playing serious defense, the dominant style of play that the Knicks have (which is, give the ball to carmelo and JR and watch em shoot at the first 10 seconds in the shot clock) is taking them nowhere.

I'm argentinian and I read an interview a magazine did to Pablo Prigioni, and he said: "I always tell Carmelo and JR 'let me handle the ball, let's move it a little bit more, if you guys start doing your ISO at like 18 seconds in the shot clock the defense is gonna be less focused, more tired and disperse and you're gonna have a better oportunity to score in that situation' but they don't listen, haha"
We'll see what happens when the playoffs start. Your complaints about Melo's shot selection and the Knicks playoff style isn't nearly as clear-cut as you're making them out to be.

Last year, the Knicks didn't have a healthy squad and Melo going on a scoring binge was the only way the team had even a small chance at success. They've soundly beaten the Heat down twice this year. I would favor the Heat in a playoff meeting, but its not going to be as easy as you seem to think.

Prigioni is a very nice ROLE player for the Knicks. You'll pardon me if I give more weight to players who make more of a difference for the team, such as Melo and JR.

#number6ix#
04-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Why does every thread have to turn into a lebron vs x player thread... Most of the time it's not even lebron Stans that bring him up... This was Melos night enjoy it

Dave3
04-03-2013, 07:45 AM

LeBron guarded him quite a bit last year though. For the first few games Melo was shooting in the 30s while LeBron was on him, and LeBron was still able to get his.

That being said, this was by far one of the better looking 50 point games I've seen. He got nothing going to the basket, everything was a jumper, and he was on fire. Best way to see someone go off.

iDunk
04-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Why didn't it happen last years playoffs? Battier was on Melo like the whole game.

Y2Gezee
04-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Why didn't it happen last years playoffs? Battier was on Melo like the whole game.

Only way Lebron has ever caused Carmelo to struggle is what with a defensive strategy the heat must call extreme double team. Lebron fronts him the whole time, when he gets the ball they double.

Lebron's not a good man defender, great helper, but avg man.

Booz Vivic
04-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Melo's overrated. Jump shots don't get you anywhere unless it's a team effort (Dallas 2011)

All Net
04-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Was an amazing performance.. Perfect shooting night and maybe the reason it isn't getting more attention is because Miami was missing 3 starters.. Sad as that is but maybe true.

Still was an unreal performance.. What made it great was no shot was inside 14 feet.

SilkkTheShocker
04-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Whats the excuse going to be when they lose in the 1st round again?

pauk
04-03-2013, 10:26 AM

No thread on this?

****ing haters.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3nlgmcEEe1qa2a16.gif

One of the most impressive jump shooting performances in recent history. Kills the Heat every time they play, with or without LeBron. Can the playoffs come already?

Wrong.

Mr. NBA
04-03-2013, 10:42 AM
50 point game and is diminished by some LeBron fans. Who the hell cares who is guarding him? Barrier played him how you are supposed to. Melo can dominate the low block so you rather him take jumpers.

tazb
04-03-2013, 12:30 PM

:lol @ the thought of Kobe and Melo being top 5 let alone 1 and 2.

LoneyROY7
04-03-2013, 12:36 PM
You people do realize that Melo scored those 50 points exclusively on jumpers, right?

It would've made little difference who guarded him...he was simply scalding hot last night.

bluechox2
04-03-2013, 12:47 PM
it was the best ive seen him all year shooting jumpers, nothing too strong or short...barely took it in to the hole, best jump shooter in the league

cleeko
04-03-2013, 01:03 PM
it was the best ive seen him all year shooting jumpers, nothing too strong or short...barely took it in to the hole, best jump shooter in the league

i agree ,my man.I agree:pimp:

staywhite
04-03-2013, 01:15 PM
He still had 1 assist... he will never be an NBA champion. Good game no doubt, Do it in a series.

jimmy77x
04-03-2013, 01:18 PM
He still had 1 assist... he will never be an NBA champion. Good game no doubt, Do it in a series.

So many haters, cant even let Melo have 1 night :facepalm

ShaqAttack3234
04-03-2013, 01:20 PM
I had to LOL when Melo was 6-6 shooting and then he took that 3-pointer from half court almost and missed bad.

Yeah, prior to that, it seemed like every shot he was taking was going in as he took it. I knew that one was way off, though.

Was an amazing performance.. Perfect shooting night and maybe the reason it isn't getting more attention is because Miami was missing 3 starters.. Sad as that is but maybe true.

I think another reason it didn't get more attention was because Melo had around 40-42 points midway through the 4th quarter in a close game and couldn't miss. But he slowed down and ended up with an even 50 and the game ended up as a more decisive win. Had Melo kept scoring and shooting at close to that rate and the Knicks had won by 3-5 rather than 12, it'd probably be a different story.

zizozain
04-03-2013, 01:28 PM
wait ... not one single shot in the paint?? wow

:applause: :applause:

kurple
04-03-2013, 01:31 PM

too bad, he will never be consistent

Sarcastic
04-03-2013, 02:15 PM

Greatest Nugget of all time. :bowdown: :bowdown:

ShaqAttack3234
04-03-2013, 02:16 PM

He was pretty consistent until the injuries in March, and looks like he's back since the knee injury. One thing I would like to see is Melo use his body more to draw fouls around the rim since finishing at the rim has been his biggest problem this year. I know he doesn't get the same calls most other superstars do, but he uses his body well to draw fouls in the mid-range area so he could do a better job of this.

Patrick Chewing
04-03-2013, 03:07 PM

Boring. Salty ass Heat fans and their bias. Instead of honoring the man, they always find a way to say something negative. No honor amongst fools.

SilkkTheShocker
04-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Boring. Salty ass Heat fans and their bias. Instead of honoring the man, they always find a way to say something negative. No honor amongst fools.

Honor him about what? What has he done in this league? What has he won?

Congrats on having the worst playoff winning pct in NBA history :applause:

Vertical-24
04-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Melo was on fire. Respect :bowdown:

Mr. Incredible
04-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Hell of a game for Melo and a big win for the Knicks. Very impressed. :applause:

coin24
04-03-2013, 05:21 PM
:lol @ the thought of Kobe and Melo being top 5 let alone 1 and 2.

Really? Who is your top 5 current players then if these 2 are so terrible??

Legends66NBA7
04-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Greatest Nugget of all time. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Alex English was better.

NumberSix
04-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Yeah, he shot the lights out. What more is there to say? We supposed to act like he's some elite player now?

Donkey4trading
04-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Great game by Melo he was lights out :applause:

ShaqAttack3234
04-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Alex English was better.

Granted, I've watched Melo for his entire career, and only watched some 80's Nugget games after the fact, but from what I've seen of both, Melo impresses me more.

Yeah, he shot the lights out. What more is there to say? We supposed to act like he's some elite player now?

He's been an elite player throughout this season. The 50 point game is just an example of Melo at his best, but he's had a great year and it's reflected in not only his 28 ppg, but team success so far as well.

Donkey4trading
04-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Granted, I've watched Melo for his entire career, and only watched some 80's Nugget games after the fact, but from what I've seen of both, Melo impresses me more.

He's been an elite player throughout this season. The 50 point game is just an example of Melo at his best, but he's had a great year and it's reflected in not only his 28 ppg, but team success so far as well.

So far do you agree with me that this has been Melo's best season?

ShaqAttack3234
04-03-2013, 05:48 PM
So far do you agree with me that this has been Melo's best season?

Yeah, I've said that from the start of the season, even when he was "only" averaging 25-26 ppg or around there earlier in the season, I thought Melo was a better player than he's ever been before.

Legends66NBA7
04-03-2013, 05:58 PM

I take it that it's just from a skill set standpoint ?

Statistically, English's numbers are probably skewed from being on so many high-paced teams, which were usually #1 or 2 during his prime.

ShaqAttack3234
04-03-2013, 06:14 PM
I take it that it's just from a skill set standpoint ?

Statistically, English's numbers are probably skewed from being on so many high-paced teams, which were usually #1 or 2 during his prime.

Skill and overall impact. Both were known as scorers, and Melo looks like the better scorer from what I've seen. English got a lot of points easily. I've heard some mention that you wouldn't even realize how many he'd scored, and he'd have 35. Meant as a positive of course, and it sort of is, but at the same time, I think that was also because those Nugget teams(and their opponents) were scoring so many points. Melo seems like he can impose his will on a game more and the choice seems clear to me over who you go to in a half court game.

And yeah, I think the statistics are skewed because of the extreme pace, even vs teams of that same era. Kiki Vandeweghe averaged 26 ppg on 55% on the '83 Nuggets and 29 ppg on 56% on the '84 Nuggets. Kiki was a very good scorer himself. Was crafty with the trademark jab step and good shooting touch, but I have a difficult time believing Denver's style didn't aid those numbers.

The '91 Nuggets are another example of this, when Paul Westhead took over with "The System." Shoot 5-6 seconds or less, constant full court press, shoot after one pass ect. Orlando Woolridge was averaging 29/8 on 52% before his detached retina on that team and was right there with Jordan, Bernard King and Barkley for the scoring title. And Michael Adams averaged 26.5 ppg and 10.5 apg. Needless to say, neither player came remotely close to those numbers before or after.

Not saying Alex English wasn't good. But Bernard King, George Gervin, 'Nique and even for all his ball-dominance, Adrian Dantley impress me more as scorers from that time.

Just2McFly
04-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Didn't watch the game. Melo went off against the Miami Raptors? and dudes want more threads about it? man go somewhere else with that shit please

chazzy
04-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Didn't watch the game. Melo went off against the Miami Raptors? and dudes want more threads about it? man go somewhere else with that shit please
50 points is 50 points. And Battier was still there

MMM
04-03-2013, 06:28 PM
interesting best Nugg discussion, where do you guys put deke in the conversation. I like that you mention putting your will on the game because I wonder if Deke'a defensive ability and putting an imprint on the game put him in the discussion as best Nugg

Just2McFly
04-03-2013, 06:29 PM
50 points is 50 points. And Battier was still there
We both know this isn't the same.

kurple
04-03-2013, 06:55 PM
no way is melo the best nugget of all time

he may be the most talented individual (i disagree) to have played there, but his jersey will not be retired

ShaqAttack3234
04-03-2013, 07:06 PM
interesting best Nugg discussion, where do you guys put deke in the conversation. I like that you mention putting your will on the game because I wonder if Deke'a defensive ability and putting an imprint on the game put him in the discussion as best Nugg

Difficult to say where he'd rank. He played there 5 years and the team was really bad before he arrived. The upset over Seattle has to rank as one of, if not the top moment in Nuggets history and Mutombo was incredible in that series. I've never seen a player dominate a series more around the rim defensively. Very impressive playoff run since they nearly got to the WCF as well.

no way is melo the best nugget of all time

he may be the most talented individual (i disagree) to have played there, but his jersey will not be retired

The Nuggets were terrible for years before he arrived, only briefly being respectable(but always under .500) after Mutombo left. Melo took Denver to the WCF, which is as far as they've ever gone and his individual play was on par with anyone to play for the franchise. So I don't see how you can say he doesn't even have a case for best Nugget.

If he doesn't get his number retired, the only possible reason will be because of how he left.

Levity
04-03-2013, 07:09 PM
I loved how when they showed the highlights of melo's 50, it was just net snap after net snap after net snap. a beautiful offensive game.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-03-2013, 11:31 PM
90 points in his last 2. scoring title within reach.

Trentknicks
04-04-2013, 01:32 AM

You such a salty little bitch still. Come talk to me when Gallo has half the consistency Melo does. Such a shame you live around the NY area and bring down the quality of our state.

Smoke117
04-04-2013, 01:36 AM
I really can't see the big deal in this...when the Heats two best players and defenders didn't even play. Lebron James and Dwyane Wade are the Heats two most impactful defensive players and they DIDN'T PLAY THE DAMN GAME. Even Carmelo has to be salty over the fact that he scored 50 points when TWO OF THE TOP FIVE PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE didn't even play as he went off. :oldlol:

I'm not a Heat fan, but I find all the Knick fans going off like they won a Championship when their best player went off against a team without the greatest player in the world and Wade who is top 5. Hell they didn't even have Chalmers either a pretty decent role player.

Fudge
04-04-2013, 01:38 AM
I really can't see the big deal in this...when the Heats two best players and defenders didn't even play. Lebron James and Dwyane Wade are the Heats to most impactful defensive players and they DIDN'T PLAY THE DAMN GAME. Even Carmelo has to be salty over the fact that he scored 50 points when TWO OF THE TOP FIVE PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE didn't even play as he went off. :oldlol:

I'm not a Heat fan either. I just find it funny.
LeBron or Wade should've went off for 50 when Melo didn't play in one of their matchups earlier in the year.

Oh wait... they lost that game too. Now that's funny.

Trentknicks
04-04-2013, 01:39 AM
I really can't see the big deal in this...when the Heats two best players and defenders didn't even play. Lebron James and Dwyane Wade are the Heats to most impactful defensive players and they DIDN'T PLAY THE DAMN GAME. Even Carmelo has to be salty over the fact that he scored 50 points when TWO OF THE TOP FIVE PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE didn't even play as he went off. :oldlol:

I'm not a Heat fan either. I just find it funny.
I find it even funnier how stupid you are. Melo is generally always guarded by Battier for most of the game anyway. And he hit most of his points on jumpshots, didn't matter who was guarding him.

This thread was just showing props to Melo for his 50 points, such a thread would have popped up for any player scoring that much. Try watching the games instead of eating out your sister then feel free to comment.

Smoke117
04-04-2013, 01:43 AM
LeBron or Wade should've went off for 50 when Melo didn't play in one of their matchups earlier in the year.

Lebron James and Dwyane Wade actually try to create for others as they score. Carmelo is purely a scorer...he's just this eras Alex English. He has no game besides scoring. He doesn't make other players better like Lebron and Wade do, he's a mediocre defender, and a mediocre all around player. There is nothing special about Carmelo Anthony as a BASKETBALL PLAYER. He's a scorer and nothing else and he always will be. I have no respect for one dimensional players and that is what Carmelo Anthony is. He's a scorer and nothing else. He doesn't affect the game in anyway else, period.

Whoah10115
04-04-2013, 01:47 AM
I really can't see the big deal in this...when the Heats two best players and defenders didn't even play. Lebron James and Dwyane Wade are the Heats two most impactful defensive players and they DIDN'T PLAY THE DAMN GAME. Even Carmelo has to be salty over the fact that he scored 50 points when TWO OF THE TOP FIVE PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE didn't even play as he went off. :oldlol:

I'm not a Heat fan, but I find all the Knick fans going off like they won a Championship when their best player went off against a team without the greatest player in the world and Wade who is top 5. Hell they didn't even have Chalmers either a pretty decent role player.

I just think you like to come into threads and find different ways to repeat the same things. We get it, you don't like or respect Melo. Are you here in contrast to those you think are making too much of this or are you here to discard the game?

BTW, Wade has no argument for top SG this year.

esiotrot
04-04-2013, 01:47 AM
I find it even funnier how stupid you are. Melo is generally always guarded by Battier for most of the game anyway. And he hit most of his points on jumpshots, didn't matter who was guarding him.

This thread was just showing props to Melo for his 50 points, such a thread would have popped up for any player scoring that much. Try watching the games instead of eating out your sister then feel free to comment.

Ruining your post with crap like this. :facepalm

Fudge
04-04-2013, 01:48 AM
Lebron James and Dwyane Wade actually try to create for others as they score. Carmelo is purely a scorer...he's just this eras Alex English. He has no game besides scoring. He doesn't make other players better like Lebron and Wade do, he's a mediocre defender, and a mediocre all around player. There is nothing special about Carmelo Anthony as a BASKETBALL PLAYER. He's a scorer and nothing else and he always will be. I have no respect for one dimensional players and that is what Carmelo Anthony is. He's a scorer and nothing else. He doesn't affect the game in anyway else, period.
I dont care who played or who didnt play for Miami. He dropped Miami strictly on jumpers. He missed what, 8 shots the whole night? Getting to the line only 8 times? I dont care how well he did or didnt do in every other area, 50 points on jumpers on 18/26 is impressive. Give the guy some props and move on breh. We all know you're a closet Heat fan anyways.

jimmy77x
04-04-2013, 01:49 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Smoke117
04-04-2013, 01:55 AM
I just think you like to come into threads and find different ways to repeat the same things. We get it, you don't like or respect Melo. Are you here in contrast to those you think are making too much of this or are you here to discard the game?

BTW, Wade has no argument for top SG this year.

Why not? Because he doesn't take as many shots as Kobe and therefore score as many points? Besides the most overrated stat in basketball...the PPG Kobe has NOTHING over Wade. Dwade is FAR SUPERIOR DEFENSIVE PLAYER. I don't think anyone can deny that. He's a better play maker. He was basically the Heats PG every single season till Lebron showed up and he started playing more off the ball. Everyone wants to disclude Wade from the top SG because he doesn't average as many points as KB or Harden. It's ridiculous! He has been the better player and he deserves the mention as best SG in the league. Would Harden or Kobe be as good as he is playing 2nd to Lebron? It isn't as if Wade's numbers are bad either...he's BY FAR THE MOST EFFICIENT GUARD SCORING IN THE PAINT and in general. He's the best two way guard as far as playing very good-great offensively AND defensively. There is no absolutely no reason Wade shouldn't be considered the best SG in the league.

Whoah10115
04-04-2013, 02:10 AM
Why not? Because he doesn't take as many shots as Kobe and therefore score as many points? Besides the most overrated stat in basketball...the PPG Kobe has NOTHING over Wade. Dwade is FAR SUPERIOR DEFENSIVE PLAYER. I don't think anyone can deny that. He's a better play maker. He was basically the Heats PG every single season till Lebron showed up and he started playing more off the ball. Everyone wants to disclude Wade from the top SG because he doesn't average as many points as KB or Harden. It's ridiculous! He has been the better player and he deserves the mention as best SG in the league. Would Harden or Kobe be as good as he is playing 2nd to Lebron? It isn't as if Wade's numbers are bad either...he's BY FAR THE MOST EFFICIENT GUARD SCORING IN THE PAINT and in general. He's the best two way guard as far as playing very good-great offensively AND defensively. There is no absolutely no reason Wade shouldn't be considered the best SG in the league.

Wade is probably the best player not named LeBron James in the world today. But he's not merely the 2nd best player on his team. He plays behind LeBron. He still looks great but he hasn't had the impact that either Harden or Bryant have had this season. Why is he a better playmaker than Bryant, much less Harden? Because he has the talent? Besides PPG, Kobe's overall scoring ability is the basis for a lot of his playmaking. And Bryant is a legitimate playmaker. His teammates haven't done anything. Wade is consistent, which he can be as he's playing off of LeBron. He's an all-around player and the best defender of the 3, but his play isn't having the same impact this year.

Just because I know he can doesn't mean he has been.

Legends66NBA7
04-04-2013, 04:08 AM

Eh, this was really the only thread I saw on the 50 points.

Kingwillball
04-04-2013, 04:12 AM

He is a special Scorer.. but that its. However that is still a rare talent to score in all the ways he can.

SilkkTheShocker
04-04-2013, 09:10 AM

Whats funny is how butthurt you have been all season about LeBron/Wade. Than again, you were the same guy that used to be a diehard Tmac stan. Now you jumped on the bandwagon of another loser.

NewYorkNoPicks
04-04-2013, 09:20 AM
All you whiny bitches hating on Melo complaining about his deficiencies need to realize THERE IS ONLY ONE COMPLETE PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE GAME: LeBron.

KOBE ISNT COMPLETE, NEITHER IS WADE, NEITHER IS WESTBROOK, NEITHER IS DURANT

Melo is just as good as Durant; they both have similar weaknesses as well.

So just because a player is deficient in some areas hes not a superstar? I guess Lebrons the only star in the league right?

Secondly back to the 50 point game:

Its impressive no matter what because it was accomplished on ALL JUMPERS

Battier usually guards Melo regardless of whether Lebron plays or no

Melo was double teamed all night and 2 players guarding you is 2 players regardless; you think Lebron and Wade would both be doubling Melo on every posession? Get real

SilkkTheShocker
04-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Did someone just say Melo is just as good as Durant? When it comes to the NBA, Knicks fans are the most clueless.

NewYorkNoPicks
04-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Did someone just say Melo is just as good as Durant? When it comes to the NBA, Knicks fans are the most clueless.

Is Durant a good defender? Does he dish the ball like a point guard? Is his court vision a strength? No? Sounds like a lot of weaknesses, most of whichthey both share. So where is the clear advantage? Theyre both monster scorers who have holes in other parts of their games. Only difference is the Melos offensive arsenal is more diverse and has zero weaknesses while Durant still doesnt have a post game. Wheres the advantage for Durant?

BrickingStar
04-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Is Durant a good defender? Does he dish the ball like a point guard? Is his court vision a strength? No? Sounds like a lot of weaknesses, most of whichthey both share. So where is the clear advantage? Theyre both monster scorers who have holes in other parts of their games. Only difference is the Melos offensive arsenal is more diverse and has zero weaknesses while Durant still doesnt have a post game. Wheres the advantage for Durant?
How the hell is him not being to dish the ball like a point guard as a SF/PF a weakness you retard? Yes he's better passer/fascilitator yes he's a better defender and rebounder. Yes he's the better scorer while being a lot more efficient. Stop being delusional you ****ing retard because no one here actually think melo is better

NewYorkNoPicks
04-04-2013, 09:56 AM
How the hell is him not being to dish the ball like a point guard as a SF/PF a weakness you retard? Yes he's better passer/fascilitator yes he's a better defender and rebounder. Yes he's the better scorer while being a lot more efficient. Stop being delusional you ****ing retard because no one here actually think melo is better

Dishing the ball like a point guard is hyperbole. Go look up that word ill give you a second.

Its not about stats its the eye test. Durant CANT DEFEND! We can go back and forth on this all day Ill never agree with you, not this season. Durant has weaknesses, hes a scorer, and thats all he is. Most overrated star in the league. People act like KD is on a LeBron and Kobe level, those 2 are so far in front of him its not even close

2swift4u
04-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Dude was shooting flawlessly! Of course most of the time Haslem was on him, who simply cannot defend a player like Melo on the perimeter.
Anyway Melo's shot is a thing of beauty! :bowdown:

iDunk
04-04-2013, 10:49 AM
No doubt in my mind Melo is just as good as Durant.

Give Melo Durant's team last season & they go to the finals & make it more of a series against the Heat.

SilkkTheShocker
04-04-2013, 10:53 AM
No doubt in my mind Melo is just as good as Durant.

Give Melo Durant's team last season & they go to the finals & make it more of a series against the Heat.

Stop.

BrickingStar
04-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Dishing the ball like a point guard is hyperbole. Go look up that word ill give you a second.

Its not about stats its the eye test. Durant CANT DEFEND! We can go back and forth on this all day Ill never agree with you, not this season. Durant has weaknesses, hes a scorer, and thats all he is. Most overrated star in the league. People act like KD is on a LeBron and Kobe level, those 2 are so far in front of him its not even close
News flash neither can melo and durant is still the better defender. Melo is also just a scorer and durant is still better at i while being much more efficient.You don't need to look at stats to know durant is a much better passer than Melo. Melo has absolutely no case over durant and the only thing melo has over durant is his repertoire but it doesn't matter seeing as it doesn't produce more than durant

Patrick Chewing
04-04-2013, 01:54 PM

Melo > Durant

You just love trolling this site fishing for a fight.

dh144498
04-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Stop.

:biggums:

SilkkTheShocker
04-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Melo > Durant

You just love trolling this site fishing for a fight.

Of course a Knicks fan would think that. Like I said, when it comes to the NBA, you guys are the most misinformed.

Patrick Chewing
04-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Of course a Knicks fan would think that. Like I said, when it comes to the NBA, you guys are the most misinformed.

What makes you think Durant is better than Melo?? It's laughable to think Durant has the same amount of strength Melo has around the rim.

SilkkTheShocker
04-04-2013, 02:18 PM
What makes you think Durant is better than Melo?? It's laughable to think Durant has the same amount of strength Melo has around the rim.

Durant has a much better all around game. Melo puts up scoring numbers on teams that lose in the 1st round every year.

jimmy77x
04-04-2013, 02:18 PM

Just silk being silk, guy doesn't get enough attention at home so he has to come here and troll the knicks/melo all day to get his fix. Obvious hater.

Fudge
04-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Whats funny is how butthurt you have been all season about LeBron/Wade. Than again, you were the same guy that used to be a diehard Tmac stan. Now you jumped on the bandwagon of another loser.
Butthurt? What would I be butthurt about? They're easy targets to clown on, just like you Lebron stans. Sensitive insecure little girls. :oldlol: And please don't mention "bandwagon". You're the exact epitome of one.

SilkkTheShocker
04-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Butthurt? What would I be butthurt about? They're easy targets to clown on, just like you Lebron stans. Sensitive insecure little girls. :oldlol: And please don't mention "bandwagon". You're the exact epitome of one.

Weren't you a Rockets moderator until Tmac left? :oldlol:

Fudge
04-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Durant is better than Melo at almost everything outside of scoring in the paint. Really. Melos a good player, i actually like him, but if you're only looking into his past 2 games, and their little 10 game win treak then that's weak.

Fudge
04-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Weren't you a Rockets moderator until Tmac left? :oldlol:
Yup, I was a T-Mac stan. Your point? :confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
04-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Yup, I was a T-Mac stan. Your point? :confusedshrug:

That you all of sudden decide to jump on the OKC bandwagon after Tmac became an irrelevant turd. You can root for whatever team you want, boy. But you lost your right to call anyone a bandwagoner.

shady6121
04-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Durant is better than Melo at almost everything outside of scoring in the paint. Really. Melos a good player, i actually like him, but if you're only looking into his past 2 games, and their little 10 game win treak then that's weak.

Durant does nothing outside of scoring and honestly he's nothing more than a scrub without the absurd number of free throws he gets every game. :lol

Fudge
04-04-2013, 02:47 PM
That you all of sudden decide to jump on the OKC bandwagon after Tmac became an irrelevant turd. You can root for whatever team you want, boy. But you lost your right to call anyone a bandwagoner.
Yup sounds about right. Still hoping he can join a team next season actually. I still root for the guy.

I didn't call anybody a bandwagoner in this thread. I was clowning on LeBron/Wade and you took exception. That's not my fault. :oldlol:

Fudge
04-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Durant does nothing outside of scoring and honestly he's nothing more than a scrub without the absurd number of free throws he gets every game. :lol
:roll:

N*ggas be reachin' for the stars.

shady6121
04-04-2013, 03:32 PM

N*ggas be reachin' for the stars.

u :mad:?

yeah u def :mad:

:lol

dh144498
04-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Yup sounds about right. Still hoping he can join a team next season actually. I still root for the guy.

I didn't call anybody a bandwagoner in this thread. I was clowning on LeBron/Wade and you took exception. That's not my fault. :oldlol:

Silkke calling other people bandwagoners. :lol

RagaZ
04-04-2013, 03:38 PM
James has never had a 50 point game against a good team.

Fudge
04-04-2013, 03:40 PM
u :mad:?

yeah u def :mad:

:lol
Why wasn't i surprised you'd have a response like this? :oldlol: :sleeping

SilkkTheShocker
04-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Silkke calling other people bandwagoners. :lol
I didn't call him a bandwagoner. I pointed out what he in fact did. He can root for the Globetrotters for all I care

Patrick Chewing
04-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Some of you posters are amazing. I'm looking at Melo's whole career. You're going to deny Melo's accolades during his entire career now??

SilkkTheShocker
04-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Some of you posters are amazing. I'm looking at Melo's whole career. You're going to deny Melo's accolades during his entire career now??

What accolades? The guy has never won anything on the NBA level.

LeBron James: ROY, 3x MVP, 2008 Scoring Champion, 2x AS Game MVP, 2012 NBA Champion, 2012 NBA Finals MVP

Darko Milcic- 2004 NBA Champion

Carmelo Anthony- No achievements

Chris Bosh- 2012 NBA Champion

Dwyane Wade- 2006 NBA Champion, 2006 NBA Finals MVP, 2012 NBA Champion, 2010 AS Game MVP

dh144498
04-04-2013, 04:07 PM
What accolades? The guy has never won anything on the NBA level.

LeBron James: ROY, 3x MVP, 2008 Scoring Champion, 2x AS Game MVP, 2012 NBA Champion, 2012 NBA Finals MVP

Darko Milcic- 2004 NBA Champion

Carmelo Anthony- No achievements

Chris Bosh- 2012 NBA Champion

Dwyane Wade- 2006 NBA Champion, 2006 NBA Finals MVP, 2012 NBA Champion, 2010 AS Game MVP

jimmy77x
04-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Silk just cant get enough of hating on melo :lol Beggining to think the guy fuc*ed his mother or something. :roll: :roll:

Fudge
04-04-2013, 04:50 PM
You wanna go that way, but what accolades? Durant's 4 years younger, 4 less years in the league and has accomplished more than Carmelo has. 3x Scoring Champ, been to the Finals, WCF twice, 3x All-NBA First Team. And Melo? A championship in colllege?

You're just making me look like a Melo hater, which I'm not. Just speaking da troof.

DaSeba5
04-04-2013, 04:53 PM

What accolades? People respect Melo. I hate the word hating. Just because people say the truth doesn't mean they are hating. He scored 50 points and he's a top 5 player. He's the best shooter in the league. What else is there to say?

RRR3
04-04-2013, 06:39 PM
What accolades? People respect Melo. I hate the word hating. Just because people say the truth doesn't mean they are hating. He scored 50 points and he's a top 5 player. He's the best shooter in the league. What else is there to say?
:biggums:

NumberSix
04-04-2013, 06:46 PM
This has to be troll bait.

coin24
04-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Standard thread full of Melo haters:lol .. Melo >> Durant