PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist guy gave me 7 fake $100 bills....

Draz
04-03-2013, 01:04 AM
Sold my ipad3 64gb wifi cellular to someone on Craigslist not to long ago...... Guy gave me $700 fake counterfeit....... I'm a major idiot, I walked out dunkin doughnuts after the transaction and got real fishy on the look and feel of the money..... I'm such an idiot. I went to the nearby deli two of them and both said they were fake. I went to the cops, they told me what to do. There's obviously cameras in there and the guy won't pick his phone back up after I told him I knew....... I can't believe this shit. What the **** what are the chances? Man wtfffffff

I don't think he gave me a prepaid of fake number.. Or an app.. He probably didn't think I would figure out any time soon. He definitely put an act on though.... A really good one. I can't believe this I'm so upset and just sad that this happened to me.. Like are you kidding me..

DeuceWallaces
04-03-2013, 01:06 AM
What are the chances of you being full retard? Apparently 100%.

shlver
That sucks. How different were the bills?

Bladers
Sold my ipad3 64gb wifi cellular to someone on Craigslist not to long ago...... Guy gave me $700 fake counterfeit....... I'm a major idiot, I walked out dunkin doughnuts after the transaction and got real fishy on the look and feel of the money..... I'm such an idiot. I went to the nearby deli two of them and both said they were fake. I went to the cops, they told me what to do. There's obviously cameras in there and the guy won't pick his phone back up after I told him I knew....... I can't believe this shit. What the **** what are the chances? Man wtfffffff

contact the secret service.

Draz
04-03-2013, 01:08 AM
The cops told me that the CIA would get involved, etc. the bills seemed good counterfeit but in the back of my mind I knew something was up.... His number sends me to voicemail and one convo we had he said he had Verizon. I don't know what to do. I'm a moron I can't believe this would happen, I didn't think someone had balls to do this shit but now he got away with a $820 product..

Draz
04-03-2013, 01:11 AM
I can't go to ****ing sleep I'm losing my mind. It's guy seemed like he either had this happened to him and he was trying to get rid of them, or this is what he does although I think he wouldn't use his real number. Hopefully this is his real number and he can be traced.. He probably ****ed up if it is I'm praying it is..

Draz
04-03-2013, 01:16 AM
I'm going to try closing my eyes.. **** man has this happened to anyone? What the ****

shlver
04-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Weren't you the guy that paid for an ipad2 and received an ipad3 and then kept it dishonestly...?

CelticBaller
04-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Man you need one of these

http://www.leelofland.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/357_38special_swmodel66.jpg

and look for that mother****er if you don't want to feel like a dumbass for the rest of your life :oldlol:

Budadiiii
04-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

You're going to get your money back.

Miss Bella
04-03-2013, 01:24 AM
I'm sorry but I've encountered fake money and most of them are easy to spot, even when you touch them they feel very different. You should have been more cautious.

DeuceWallaces
04-03-2013, 01:25 AM
Weren't you the guy that paid for an ipad2 and received an ipad3 and then kept it dishonestly...?

Ha, karma is a bitch.

IamRAMBO24
04-03-2013, 01:28 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :oldlol:

You're such an idiot. You should always double check the benjamins. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Dude you should keep this a secret or you'll never work near a cash register again. HAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm surprise the guy didn't pay with monopoly money. You'll take that too! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :roll: What a loser.

Budadiiii
04-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Ha, karma is a bitch.
Karma was the reason he received the ipad 3 in the first place though?

Yah, your logic doesn't hold up.

Myth
04-03-2013, 01:45 AM
Draz, good chance he is trying to resell it for real money. Keep an eye on Craigslist and Ebay.

DeuceWallaces
04-03-2013, 02:06 AM
Karma was the reason he received the ipad 3 in the first place though?

Yah, your logic doesn't hold up.

You obviously don't understand karma.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-03-2013, 02:26 AM
I can't go to ****ing sleep I'm losing my mind. It's guy seemed like he either had this happened to him and he was trying to get rid of them, or this is what he does although I think he wouldn't use his real number. Hopefully this is his real number and he can be traced.. He probably ****ed up if it is I'm praying it is..
bet he does this constantly....set that motherfkcer up!!!!!

Budadiiii
04-03-2013, 02:39 AM
You obviously don't understand karma.
I understand the idea of karma perfectly.

You obviously try hard at acting like you know what you're talking about... for whatever reason...

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-03-2013, 03:53 AM
hope you told DD to not record over your evidence.

No_Look604
04-03-2013, 04:43 AM
Sorry to hear about this dude.

And Americans can keep knocking Canada for their coloured Monopoly $$ but...

we just switched over to bills made of polymer (Australia the first country to start this) and they cannot be counterfeited, it's literally impossible. Check it out yankees.

esiotrot
04-03-2013, 04:45 AM

You obviously try hard at acting like you know what you're talking about... for whatever reason...

You should help him out man, since you're a self-made multi-millionaire at just 18 years of age! :bowdown:

macmac
04-03-2013, 05:50 AM
Lol you think he used his real phone number and registered name to set up a grift and hustle you? That would make the dude dumber than you..

Anyways it's $700, two weeks of work for you or whatever, chalk it up as a life lesson, if you don't learn from your mistakes that's what makes you the real moron....never trust anyone based on some form of honor code when you can't trace the guy back.

nathanjizzle
04-03-2013, 08:27 AM
drez, its 700 dollars. take it as a lesson learned, and always know karmas a bitch.

back when i was a youngin 16. i was making alot of money slinging bud. my best friend asked me if he could borrow 500 dollars he made up this bullshit story of how he broke his camera that his parents gave him, but instead of telling them he broke it he was going to say he sold it and show them the money. then he would give me the money back the next day. Dude ended up spending the money:facepalm it took 3 months of taco bell paychecks for him to pay me back, and i asked him shouldnt i get interest on my loan, he said hell no. well, hes no longer a friend and i learned a lesson. But this is where karmas bitch slaps him. about 2 years later i see on his facebook he posted "just got a pistol pulled out on me" then in the comments he tells how he and his friend went to go buy iphone 3s from a guy on craigslist and the guy robbed them took there money and took there phones. :roll:

btw, someone broke into my house and stole 10k in cash. probably a relative that knew about the money.

alwaysunny
04-03-2013, 08:48 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj7odczX9L1qiguseo1_500.jpg

OhNoTimNoSho
04-03-2013, 09:04 AM
its pretty obvious... buy someone elses ipad with the bills. Keep the cycle going

Bandito
04-03-2013, 09:19 AM
drez, its 700 dollars. take it as a lesson learned, and always know karmas a bitch.

back when i was a youngin 16. i was making alot of money slinging bud. my best friend asked me if he could borrow 500 dollars he made up this bullshit story of how he broke his camera that his parents gave him, but instead of telling them he broke it he was going to say he sold it and show them the money. then he would give me the money back the next day. Dude ended up spending the money:facepalm it took 3 months of taco bell paychecks for him to pay me back, and i asked him shouldnt i get interest on my loan, he said hell no. well, hes no longer a friend and i learned a lesson. But this is where karmas bitch slaps him. about 2 years later i see on his facebook he posted "just got a pistol pulled out on me" then in the comments he tells how he and his friend went to go buy iphone 3s from a guy on craigslist and the guy robbed them took there money and took there phones. :roll:

btw, someone broke into my house and stole 10k in cash. probably a relative that knew about the money.
why do you keep 10 k in cash in your house and not ins bank?

nathanjizzle
04-03-2013, 09:48 AM
why do you keep 10 k in cash in your house and not ins bank?

it was my dads money. he recently sold a store front. got 10k in cash and it was the weekend so he couldnt deposit it. he hid it under the night stand. i was somewhat accused for stealing it, so was my mom. It actually hurt for a while but like all things you get over it.

it was someone that knew us. nothing was broken no forced entry i had money on my desktop that was not taken either. i think it was the "cousins" that took it, i think we all have relatives like that.

rezznor
04-03-2013, 09:53 AM
he's in some deep shit if that's his real number. secret service don't play around when it comes to counterfeit bills. unfortunately, there's no guarantee that you will get your money back, but you might get lucky and get the ipad returned..if he hasn't gotten rid of it already.

Bladers
04-03-2013, 10:20 AM
The cops told me that the CIA would get involved, etc. the bills seemed good counterfeit but in the back of my mind I knew something was up.... His number sends me to voicemail and one convo we had he said he had Verizon. I don't know what to do. I'm a moron I can't believe this would happen, I didn't think someone had balls to do this shit but now he got away with a $820 product..

Listen to me. Don't go to the cops. They wont do shit.
Go to your local FBI office. Set up a meeting with an investigator.
Give him all the info you have. His #. Name. His craiglist account if you guys exchanged it. His email. and some of the bills. what he looks like. facial features. app age Tell him to setup a joint operation with the secret service and to keep u up 2 speed.

It might be that they already have this guy under surveillance.

Its not a random shit. it looks like a pattern of what he does. buys high priced items from craiglist and pays
with counterfeit money, then resell the item.

Bladers
04-03-2013, 10:25 AM
For starters

http://www.secretservice.gov/money_receive.shtml

- If You Receive a Counterfeit

- Do not return it to the passer.

- Delay the passer if possible.

- Observe the passer's description, as well as that of any companions, and the license plate numbers of any vehicles used.

- Contact your local police department or United States Secret Service field office. These numbers can be found on the inside front page of your local telephone directory.

- Write your initials and the date in the white border areas of the suspect note.

- Limit the handling of the note. Carefully place it in a protective covering, such as an envelope.

- Surrender the note or coin only to a properly identified police officer or a U.S. Secret Service special agent.

JMT
04-03-2013, 10:35 AM
it was my dads money. he recently sold a store front. got 10k in cash and it was the weekend so he couldnt deposit it. he hid it under the night stand. i was somewhat accused for stealing it, so was my mom. It actually hurt for a while but like all things you get over it.

it was someone that knew us. nothing was broken no forced entry i had money on my desktop that was not taken either. i think it was the "cousins" that took it, i think we all have relatives like that.

Nope.

Draz
04-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Hey guys.. I just tried taking my mind off of everything .. I think my dads going to handle it. I have his number I hope it's a real number, it keeps taking me to voicemail. I had a few friends call and it takes them to voicemail too. I really think this number is real. I don't think he used a prepaid. He can face 15 years .. and a fine .. but I know he's selling it because I gave him in a box and shit ..

brwnman
04-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Hey guys.. I just tried taking my mind off of everything .. I think my dads going to handle it. I have his number I hope it's a real number, it keeps taking me to voicemail. I had a few friends call and it takes them to voicemail too. I really think this number is real. I don't think he used a prepaid. He can face 15 years .. and a fine .. but I know he's selling it because I gave him in a box and shit ..

good chance none of that happens. He can easily say, I gave you real bills. The onus is on you to come up with proof, not on him. Don't overreact. Unless he has counterfeit machinery at home, he cant be affected in any way. You got scammed, and that's where the story ends...

Draz
04-03-2013, 07:31 PM
good chance none of that happens. He can easily say, I gave you real bills. The onus is on you to come up with proof, not on him. Don't overreact. Unless he has counterfeit machinery at home, he cant be affected in any way. You got scammed, and that's where the story ends...

Basically. It's the end of the road. My father took the bills away from me because he doesn't want me pushing it. It's sad though, he looked really friendly but he was a professional at doing what he did.

Bladers
04-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Basically. It's the end of the road. My father took the bills away from me because he doesn't want me pushing it. It's sad though, he looked really friendly but he was a professional at doing what he did.

u are an idiot.
I'm glad u got conned. because u are stupid!

DeuceWallaces
04-03-2013, 09:58 PM

Maybe you should try and follow the conversation better. That way you won't continuously look like such an idiot.

Bucket_Nakedz
04-03-2013, 10:02 PM
did u really try to sell your ipad for $700? if the person approached you with that offer, that should automatically be a red flag. thats life, bruh. you'll learn from this so don't beat yourself up. these type of instances change people, but don't lose faith in humanity

imdaman99
04-03-2013, 10:10 PM
did u really try to sell your ipad for $700? if the person approached you with that offer, that should automatically be a red flag. thats life, bruh. you'll learn from this so don't beat yourself up. these type of instances change people, but don't lose faith in humanity
Basically this. $700 for a used ipad? I don't care how mint it is, it's used. People can get them for cheaper nowadays. If someone easily agrees to it, it was set to be a con.

Don't smartphones/tablets nowadays have some sort of tracker via GPS on them? I guess it would only be turned on if it was some sort of emergency. And couldn't track if it's turned off.

Sucks dude, learn from mistakes. Everyone makes them. I remember when I was like 6 yrs old, somebody stole my gameboy. I had turned away for 20 seconds. Taught me about human nature at an early age. Do not trust anyone.

Where in Queens are you draz? Woodside here.

IamRAMBO24
04-03-2013, 10:24 PM
There is a guy who lives near you claiming he did it.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295168

Don't think. Don't ask any questions. Pick up the phone and call the secret service RIGHT NOW!

BrooklynZoo
04-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Sucks dude, learn from mistakes. Everyone makes them. I remember when I was like 6 yrs old, somebody stole my gameboy. I had turned away for 20 seconds. Taught me about human nature at an early age. Do not trust anyone.

brought back memories. Got my gameboy stolen from me when i was like 8. what a ****in dick that dude was. if only...

Draz
04-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Basically this. $700 for a used ipad? I don't care how mint it is, it's used. People can get them for cheaper nowadays. If someone easily agrees to it, it was set to be a con.

Don't smartphones/tablets nowadays have some sort of tracker via GPS on them? I guess it would only be turned on if it was some sort of emergency. And couldn't track if it's turned off.

South Richmond hill, we're pretty close. And yeah man, everyone learns from it.. I'm so stupid.. Sorry for the stupid responses I'm still a little down right now.

IamRAMBO24
04-03-2013, 11:16 PM
You pretty much just got robbed. And the dude didn't even need a weapon. What a shame.

Like stealing candy from a kid.

CelticBaller
04-03-2013, 11:33 PM
http://www.bargainbabe.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/100-monopoly-money.jpg
:oldlol:

Smoke117
04-04-2013, 01:01 AM
ahahaha great story. Hey if you are dumb enough to fall for something that's your issue. When I bought this ps3 used in 2011 I got this great deal from this guy. We actually hit it off pretty well...we were both stoners and basically he played his 360 a lot so was selling his ps3 and really didn't realize how much more he could have got for it. Worked out great for me and he had some money to go buy some bud.

MetsPackers
04-04-2013, 01:44 AM

Stopped believing at "back when I was slinging bud". No way a "16yo asian kid from chicago" is selling enough bud to just be loaning out 500 dollars to some idiot. fvck outta here, we think youre so cool natejizz the bud king tell us more about your bud empire you kingpin stacks on deck right?

Draz
04-04-2013, 09:00 AM
I ****ed up. I'll learn from it..

It's A VC3!!!
04-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Ouch man. You will likely never see the scammer again but maybe if you try posting a fake ad again selling another ipad for $700, you may get that same scammer wanting to buy it from you. $700 is a lot of money, it can buy you a great tv, a decent vacation and etc. but learning from this is the best thing you can do. if you ever plan to do something like this again, ask the interested buyer to only give you a money order or a cashier check.

Draz
04-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Hey guys! GREAT fcking news. The guy had shut his phone off, when I found out the money was counterfeit. Today I tried calling back with my boys phone and mine, and it rang out about 5-6 times then hit voicemail. It HAS to be a real phone, and a real plan. I don't think this guy knew I would find out so quickly, maybe he thought by then I used the money it'll be too late, I won't have any contact on him, etc.

He fcked up. If this is a REAL number, I'm a mile closer to finding this guy. I'm waiting monday for my moms friend who's a cop to trace his number, whenever he goes to work. It's OVER for this ****head.

highwhey
04-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Hey guys! GREAT fcking news. The guy had shut his phone off, when I found out the money was counterfeit. Today I tried calling back with my boys phone and mine, and it rang out about 5-6 times then hit voicemail. It HAS to be a real phone, and a real plan. I don't think this guy knew I would find out so quickly, maybe he thought by then I used the money it'll be too late, I won't have any contact on him, etc.

He fcked up. If this is a REAL number, I'm a mile closer to finding this guy. I'm waiting monday for my moms friend who's a cop to trace his number, whenever he goes to work. It's OVER for this ****head.
assuming these breaking news are real and not made up in response to the circlejerk, scout his house if you do track down his domicile and after you are sure the house is alone, break in and steal all his electronics and leave monopoly currency in a clearly visible location.

macmac
04-04-2013, 06:00 PM

You obviously never heard of burners?

Draz
04-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Burners?

He texted my boy back asking "who's this". My friend said its definitely a sprint plan.

reppy
04-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Did you wipe the iPad before you sold it? Any chance you could use the "Locate my iPad" software from another Apple device?

It's a long shot, I know.

Draz
04-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Did you wipe the iPad before you sold it? Any chance you could use the "Locate my iPad" software from another Apple device?

It's a long shot, I know.
Wiped it bro :// well I didn't, but I logged out of iCloud like an idiot, I was never logged in to begin with :///