PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Wiggins' school commitment

insidehoops
04-03-2013, 05:43 AM
Wiggins, the 18-year-old Vaughan native who is, by all accounts the best non-NBA player in the world, has not yet picked a college destination.

Only Wiggins and one other player

kNicKz
04-03-2013, 06:52 AM
-___________________-

Maniak
04-03-2013, 01:06 PM
What was the point of making this thread? I'm pretty sure Wiggins being undecided is common knowledge and this provided absolutely no insight on the matter.

veilside23
04-03-2013, 06:59 PM
carolina if he is really the next MJ :)

Dave3
04-03-2013, 08:27 PM
carolina if he is really the next MJ :)
MJ made his own path. If he is the next great he should follow in no one's foot steps. I don't know much about college basketball, but out of the 4, is Florida the worst?

On that topic I hope he stays #22. I don't like it when good players pick numbers already made legendary. 34 has been repeated too many times, 23 is taken by too many, 3 is common, 1 is common etc.

Picking a number that isn't as famous gives you a chance to make it famous.

And yeah, this thread is kind of useless. The few people that check this part of the forum are already aware that the best high school player is like the only one left undecided.

Shade8780
04-04-2013, 11:32 AM
He's going to Carolina :rockon: :rockon:

KG215
04-04-2013, 04:38 PM
MJ made his own path. If he is the next great he should follow in no one's foot steps. I don't know much about college basketball, but out of the 4, is Florida the worst?

On that topic I hope he stays #22. I don't like it when good players pick numbers already made legendary. 34 has been repeated too many times, 23 is taken by too many, 3 is common, 1 is common etc.

And yeah, this thread is kind of useless. The few people that check this part of the forum are already aware that the best high school player is like the only one left undecided.
Yes, Florida State isn't anywhere close to being the same stratosphere as Kentucky, North Carolina, and Kansas in terms of prestige, tradition, success, exposure, etc. However, they're in the running because both of his parents attended Florida State and I believe one of his best friends from his AAU team is going to Florida State.

Burgz V2
04-04-2013, 06:17 PM

i think you mean Florida State, but essentially, yes, they are the worst of his top 4. By far. BUT there are two things to consider that actually might make them favourites:

1) Both his mom AND dad went to FSU and were both star athletes there (his dad average 23 pts and 9 rbs a game over his career at FSU and his mom is a 2 time Olympic silver medalist, 1 in the 4x100 and another in the 4x400). They both have insinuated that they want him to pick FSU.

2) His close friend and fellow Toronto native and teammate from Huntington Prep, Xavier Rathan Mayes, has committed to FSU. Now if that was it I'd say as well that that would just be grasping at straws and not enough to influence him. HOWEVER, Rathan Mayes' dad ALSO went to FSU and played with Mitchell Wiggins (yes, Andrew Wiggins' father) on the 76ers in 1991 and apparently their families are really close still today.

now, him playing at FSU, with Michael Snaer leaving this year, would ensure that he gets most of the shine and gets to play with a close friend AND gets to play in the ACC against top competition. It could be brilliant but also make him fall flat on his face

Kiddlovesnets
04-04-2013, 10:26 PM
He should go to UNC or Kansas, you should never bet your future on a team that went to NIT last season, however much they look stacked.

Jailblazers7
04-05-2013, 11:26 AM
He should go to UNC or Kansas, you should never bet your future on a team that went to NIT last season, however much they look stacked.

How is he betting his future on a program? Wherever he goes is just a one year pit stop to a top 3 (likely #1) draft selection.

Maniak
04-05-2013, 12:24 PM
You bet your future on any program you go to.

Kiddlovesnets
04-05-2013, 04:42 PM
How is he betting his future on a program? Wherever he goes is just a one year pit stop to a top 3 (likely #1) draft selection.

Of course it is a gamble. If he goes to Kentucky he may not win it all, and yet he can only take around 10 shots a game. If he goes to another program he may get 15-20 shots a game, and the team may as well do as good as Kentucky or even better. What will you choose if you were Wiggins?

SourPatchKids
04-05-2013, 05:10 PM
96 hours

JellyBean
04-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Just come to UConn, Mr. Wiggins. One and done or not. UConn :D

ukfan22
04-05-2013, 10:54 PM

UNC went to the NIT the season after their latest championship as well.

ace23
04-05-2013, 11:18 PM
What a troll thread title. :oldlol:

2013 Lakers
04-06-2013, 02:06 PM
wig

Jailblazers7
04-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Of course it is a gamble. If he goes to Kentucky he may not win it all, and yet he can only take around 10 shots a game. If he goes to another program he may get 15-20 shots a game, and the team may as well do as good as Kentucky or even better. What will you choose if you were Wiggins?

I don't see his draft status changing at all in either scenario. You said he would "gamble his future" on Kentucky which is laughable.

steve
04-11-2013, 06:52 PM
I don't see his draft status changing at all in either scenario. You said he would "gamble his future" on Kentucky which is laughable.

Yeah, unless Wiggins' only basketball contribution next season is literally defecating at center court, it's hard to imagine his draft stock changing dramatically. Still, I don't see him going to Kentucky because it's probably the place where he's going to have the least amount of enjoyment in his one college season.

Kentucky regardless of whether Wiggins commits with them or not are going to be the favorites going into the season. Not only do they have 6 of the top 20 recruits coming in next season (which considering how tight Calipari does tend to keep his rotation would probably be enough), but it looks as though Cauley and Poythress are coming back as well. Wiggins would still most likely be the most talented and best player on the team but he'd be sacrificing a good bit (stylistically and personally) playing on this team, which might suit him better for the pros, but might not necessarily be what a 18 year old kid wants to do.

Personally, I think UNC and Kansas are in the mix because they're normally in the mix, but I don't necessarily see them being serious contenders for him (although I could be entirely wrong). FSU to me is the most intriguing though. Not only for the reasons that have been stated in thread already, but FSU is something of a rising team. They didn't do poorly in the ACC last season and even though they're losing their top player in Snaer, the rest of their rotation is returning on top of having a pretty decent recruiting class (Wiggins best is fairly talented in his own right). FSU is probably an NCAA tournament next season anyway and with Wiggins could a be a real threat to do something special next season. FSU would be my guess for his one year college destination (which might be wishful thinking on my part).

Kiddlovesnets
04-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Rumor has Wiggins going to Florida State, if so thats a terrible move. I mean, you dont need to win NCAA tournament to be the No.1 draft pick, but not making NCAA or even NIT will definitely hurt. Florida State is at best a CIT/CBI team lmao, may not even make it there.

Maniak
04-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Rumor has Wiggins going to Florida State, if so thats a terrible move. I mean, you dont need to win NCAA tournament to be the No.1 draft pick, but not making NCAA or even NIT will definitely hurt. Florida State is at best a CIT/CBI team lmao, may not even make it there.
wiggins responded on twitter by (paraphrasing) saying "lol you dont know anything stop making up stuff"

ukfan22
04-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Yeah, unless Wiggins' only basketball contribution next season is literally defecating at center court, it's hard to imagine his draft stock changing dramatically. Still, I don't see him going to Kentucky because it's probably the place where he's going to have the least amount of enjoyment in his one college season.

Kentucky regardless of whether Wiggins commits with them or not are going to be the favorites going into the season. Not only do they have 6 of the top 20 recruits coming in next season (which considering how tight Calipari does tend to keep his rotation would probably be enough), but it looks as though Cauley and Poythress are coming back as well. Wiggins would still most likely be the most talented and best player on the team but he'd be sacrificing a good bit (stylistically and personally) playing on this team, which might suit him better for the pros, but might not necessarily be what a 18 year old kid wants to do.

Personally, I think UNC and Kansas are in the mix because they're normally in the mix, but I don't necessarily see them being serious contenders for him (although I could be entirely wrong). FSU to me is the most intriguing though. Not only for the reasons that have been stated in thread already, but FSU is something of a rising team. They didn't do poorly in the ACC last season and even though they're losing their top player in Snaer, the rest of their rotation is returning on top of having a pretty decent recruiting class (Wiggins best is fairly talented in his own right). FSU is probably an NCAA tournament next season anyway and with Wiggins could a be a real threat to do something special next season. FSU would be my guess for his one year college destination (which might be wishful thinking on my part).

Being the best player on the best team in the country, maybe the best team ever, wouldn't be fun?

Rubio2Gasol
04-13-2013, 07:34 PM
How soon can this kid be in the league.

I'm in need of a swing man worth believing watching.

IGotACoolStory
04-13-2013, 07:41 PM
It's interesting that Wiggins' would respond to this claim, when at some point he was called to every school on his list by a somewhat credible media person. Mark Seidel went on record saying Wiggins would choose UNC. Several different people have said Wiggins to UK. I heard rumors that Wiggins silent committed to Cal on his 15 minute visit before the McD game... Probably Kansas at some point.

Wiggins showed his hand by responding, imo. Seems to me like that guy who definitely said Wiggins would commit to FSU last night just wanted to go on record before anyone else so he could use it to claim his fame.

That line of thinking paired with that Wiggins never really seemed all that interested in the recruiting process and multiple reports stating that his parents want him at FSU... Nevermind that it was Wiggins' parents who decided he would reclassify when he did and that coaches needed to convince Mitchell Wiggins, not Andrew on which school to attend... It kind of adds up to FSU.

Which would be the lesser of the evils from the viewpoint of any of the other 3 fan bases. Except it goes against his quotes on the importance of winning.

ukfan22
04-13-2013, 07:43 PM
It's interesting that Wiggins' would respond to this claim, when at some point he was called to every school on his list by a somewhat credible media person. Mark Seidel went on record saying Wiggins would choose UNC. Several different people have said Wiggins to UK. I heard rumors that Wiggins silent committed to Cal on his 15 minute visit before the McD game... Probably Kansas at some point.

Wiggins showed his hand by responding, imo. Seems to me like that guy who definitely said Wiggins would commit to FSU last night just wanted to go on record before anyone else so he could use it to claim his fame.

That line of thinking paired with that Wiggins never really seemed all that interested in the recruiting process and multiple reports stating that his parents want him at FSU... Nevermind that it was Wiggins' parents who decided he would reclassify when he did and that coaches needed to convince Mitchell Wiggins, not Andrew on which school to attend... It kind of adds up to FSU.

I don't think he showed his hand at all, this was a significant member of the media reporting that he had made a decision. If it wasn't true, he had to respond.

IGotACoolStory
04-13-2013, 07:46 PM
I don't think he showed his hand at all, this was a significant member of the media reporting that he had made a decision. If it wasn't true, he had to respond.

Significant? The only thing that guy is known for is calling Nerlens Noel to Georgetown. Which wasn't even correct. And he's a Kentucky fan, too, who worked for a Kentucky newspaper. Or something like a newspaper.

He has no more credibility than any of the other "media sources" claiming which school Wiggins would go to.

Oh, I'll add that I'm still sticking to my other prediction. But if you try to read between the lines it's weird that Wiggins would respond to this person of all people.

Twiens
04-13-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm betting on UNC. McAdoo, Hairston, bullock all coming back.

ukfan22
04-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Significant? The only thing that guy is known for is calling Nerlens Noel to Georgetown. Which wasn't even correct. And he's a Kentucky fan, too, who worked for a Kentucky newspaper. Or something like a newspaper.

He has no more credibility than any of the other "media sources" claiming which school Wiggins would go to.

Oh, I'll add that I'm still sticking to my other prediction. But if you try to read between the lines it's weird that Wiggins would respond to this person of all people.

He responded to someone from ESPN, or at least someone with ESPN in their twitter ID.

That's what I thought, anyway.

Kiddlovesnets
04-13-2013, 09:53 PM
FSU is probably an NCAA tournament next season anyway and with Wiggins could a be a real threat to do something special next season. FSU would be my guess for his one year college destination (which might be wishful thinking on my part).

Nah FSU is not even a CIT/CBI team without Wiggins, with Wiggins they should make it to CIT/CBI but still needs a miracle to enter NIT. NCAA tournament is way too much for this shitty team, its not like Wiggins can turn a non-CIT/CBI team into an NCAA tourney team all by himself.

kNicKz
04-14-2013, 12:22 AM
why the **** won't this kid commit somewhere already? kids from the class under him are starting to commit to schools :facepalm

SourPatchKids
04-14-2013, 02:06 AM
tik tok

ukfan22
04-14-2013, 02:45 AM
John Wall didn't commit until May 19th

Maniak
04-14-2013, 03:35 AM
John Wall didn't commit until May 19th
is there a deadline? i tried googling it but couldnt find the right words to use.

ukfan22
04-14-2013, 03:47 AM
is there a deadline? i tried googling it but couldnt find the right words to use.

There's a deadline to sign a LOI, but you don't have to sign an LOI.

Theoretically he doesn't have to commit or show up anywhere until the start of the fall semester, and as long as there's a scholarship available he can slide right in.

JtotheIzzo
04-14-2013, 06:10 AM
I used to think it was FSU (and still feel it a bit) with XRM going and the family legacy, but now I see the lure of powder blue to be very strong. UNC has great history, and contend every year, and that is tough to beat.

I think Kentucky is too stacked already and he runs the risk of playing a lesser role (he needs to use this year IMO to practice dominating at a higher level, being a 9.5 with a bunch of 9s and 8.5s won't allow him to do that, the basketball Gods would have it so everyone sacrifices).

As for the late decision, lets not forget he is supposed to be class of 2014 so he is doing this all a bit rushed.

Either way, I now have FSU tied with UNC as the favorite (and for those who say FSU is not a decent team next year, do you watch college ball? it doesn't take much to be a good team these days and a blue chipper along with the best prospect we've seen in a while is more than enough to bring them back), but I think UNC has a real chance.
Also, how the tournament goes is really irrelevant, Kevin Durant was on a decent Texas team and they didn't do squat. Didn't hurt him one iota.

The goal for him this year is to go somewhere and be the man, get as many touches as possible at this higher level (though is it really that much higher than some of the better AAU battles?) and work your butt off in practice and during your free time. I like the Roy Williams angle in this regard, I think he understands what will be expected (in terms of building the foundation for super-stardom) and also knows that Andrew's legacy has the potential to enhance his. MJ's love and respect for Dean Smith did wonders for recruiting and the coach's reputation and legacy.

IGotACoolStory
04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
He responded to someone from ESPN, or at least someone with ESPN in their twitter ID.

That's what I thought, anyway.

That's fair and what I assume Wiggins thought (the ESPN stuff).

FWIW, the Jenkins ESPN guy deleted his account. lol...
https://twitter.com/KJenkins_ESPN

imo, he's still waiting on Bullock and McAdoo to officially declare or come back. It's the only thing that makes sense to me, as the other schools already have their rosters set (except Noel, but he's leaving right?) and he's made the visits with a sufficient enough time to draw a decision. Of course I might just be looking at this through my Carolina blue glasses. I'd love a UK perspective on this. As well as the other two schools.

For a guy who seemingly wants the process to be over with, he's taking a good while to decide. I'm trying to think of answers as to why. It's not like he's drawing a huge amount of attention to himself (ie building a brand), other than the obsessive fans following his every move. And that's not his doing.

ukfan22
04-15-2013, 01:22 AM
That's fair and what I assume Wiggins thought (the ESPN stuff).

FWIW, the Jenkins ESPN guy deleted his account. lol...

imo, he's still waiting on Bullock and McAdoo to officially declare or come back. It's the only thing that makes sense to me, as the other schools already have their rosters set (except Noel, but he's leaving right?) and he's made the visits with a sufficient enough time to draw a decision. Of course I might just be looking at this through my Carolina blue glasses. I'd love a UK perspective on this. As well as the other two schools.

For a guy who seemingly wants the process to be over with, he's taking a good while to decide. I'm trying to think of answers as to why. It's not like he's drawing a huge amount of attention to himself (ie building a brand), other than the obsessive fans following his every move. And that's not his doing.

I don't know what he's going to do, I gave up a long time ago trying to infer this or that from little things recruits do or say.

He probably enjoyed being the only uncommitted guy at the all star games, it's certainly possible he genuinely hasn't made a decision yet. I kind of just trust Cal, he usually gets what he wants.

I'd think it's UK or UNC though, I'd be surprised if he went anywhere else.

kNicKz
04-15-2013, 01:31 AM
I kind of just trust Cal, he usually gets what he wants.

http://www.thecardinalconnect.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/calipari-final-four-vacated.jpg

ukfan22
04-15-2013, 02:35 AM
says the fan of the team on probation

InspiredLebowski
04-15-2013, 02:47 AM
http://www.thecardinalconnect.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/calipari-final-four-vacated.jpgwho gives a shit? besides absolute morons that think the college basketball system is anything but a shining example of de facto slave labor. and spare me that "they get a free education" shit. no they don't. there's about 5 schools in the country that give a shit about educating their basketball players. every other program pushes kids into bullshit majors that exist specifically for athletics and gives them "tutors" that do all the work for them. if they get an education in their time there it's in spite of the basketball program.

the only problem I have with Cal is that not every other coach is on a level playing field with him. but that's not on him, it's on every other administration and fanbase.

ukfan22
04-15-2013, 02:49 AM
the only problem I have with Cal is that not every other coach is on a level playing field with him. but that's not on him, it's on every other administration and fanbase.

what does that mean?

InspiredLebowski
04-15-2013, 02:54 AM
what does that mean?that there's way too many schools and fanbases that buy into the bullshit notion that the vast majority of these kids are in school to do anything but play basketball and get laid. Cal and UK know that and we see the results.

ukfan22
04-15-2013, 03:15 AM
The only thing Cal does different is that he doesn't hold players back when it's time to decide on the NBA, and he plays a system that is attractive to recruits.

if you're implying there's anything else going on at Kentucky that's not going on at other schools, then I have to take issue with that

InspiredLebowski
04-15-2013, 04:13 AM
The only thing Cal does different is that he doesn't hold players back when it's time to decide on the NBA, and he plays a system that is attractive to recruits.

if you're implying there's anything else going on at Kentucky that's not going on at other schools, then I have to take issue with thatI'm not implying anything, I don't think Cal "cheats" more than any number of other programs. But if you think he's pulling in 6 top 30 kids or whatever he has this year specifically because he's not going to try and stop them from going pro you're naive. if you think Cal's the bullshit NCAA definition of "clean" you need to take the blue glasses off.

chips93
04-15-2013, 08:27 AM
I dont pay much attetion to recruiting, but is there any timetable for when wiggins will decide? i know drummond committed really late last season, could wiggins wait that long?

what is a reasonable time to expect him to commit by?

Burgz V2
04-15-2013, 01:55 PM
I dont pay much attetion to recruiting, but is there any timetable for when wiggins will decide? i know drummond committed really late last season, could wiggins wait that long?

what is a reasonable time to expect him to commit by?

there is a deadline to sign a letter of intent but you can still commit to a school after that deadline. The LOI is kinda a protection for both the school and the player, the school locks in a player to his commitment and the player is guaranteed a scholarship when he walks onto campus in the fall. But most of the top players just give "strong verbals" which means theyve gone public with which school they are going to, just in case something crazy happens like a coaching change or another player they want to play with withdraws his verbal commitment

chips93
04-15-2013, 03:18 PM
there is a deadline to sign a letter of intent but you can still commit to a school after that deadline. The LOI is kinda a protection for both the school and the player, the school locks in a player to his commitment and the player is guaranteed a scholarship when he walks onto campus in the fall. But most of the top players just give "strong verbals" which means theyve gone public with which school they are going to, just in case something crazy happens like a coaching change or another player they want to play with withdraws his verbal commitment

cool thanks

:cheers:

Burgz V2
04-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Reggie Bullock committed today. I think that increases the chance Wiggins commits to UNC tbh. Just some food for thought

Shade8780
04-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Reggie Bullock committed today. I think that increases the chance Wiggins commits to UNC tbh. Just some food for thought
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Burgz V2
04-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Wiggins cancels home visits with UNC, Kansas and FSU.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanCBS/status/326335620635037697

Jeff Goodman
‏@GoodmanCBS

Been told Andrew Wiggins has canceled his home visits with Kansas, UNC and Florida State early this week.

nothing much further than that, people overreacting already on twitter talking about UK. This is probably because he is still in Portland and can't make it back.

Thoughts?

IGotACoolStory
04-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Apparently just that (flight problems).

I would be more worried if Kentucky's visit weeks ago wasn't just Cal telling him to keep an open mind and if it lasted longer than 15 minutes. But at least Cal got to see him face to face, and now the other coaches have been reduced to a phone call because this needs to get done by Thursday.

From everything I have heard, it's still about the parents. Convince Mitch and you likely get his son. And by convince, it sounds like convince him to choose a school that isn't his alma mater.

Burgz V2
04-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Apparently just that (flight problems).

I would be more worried if Kentucky's visit weeks ago wasn't just Cal telling him to keep an open mind and if it lasted longer than 15 minutes. But at least Cal got to see him face to face, and now the other coaches have been reduced to a phone call because this needs to get done by Thursday.

From everything I have heard, it's still about the parents. Convince Mitch and you likely get his son. And by convince, it sounds like convince him to choose a school that isn't his alma mater.

yea definitely agree. I used to play against his older brother (Mitch Jr., not Nick from Wichita St.) and dude literally manages EVERYTHING about his sons. Where the play, who they talk to. Not surprised that this has been pretty hush hush considering the amount of discretion his dad uses.

to be honest, in the last few weeks I've kinda had doubts about the FSU thing. Everything points towards FSU (Rathan-Mayes, his parents alma mater, his dad and Wiggins playing together on the 76ers, etc etc) but logically the only friction there could possibly be if it took this long would have to have come from Andrew himself, otherwise it would have been a done deal.

I'm really starting to think that UNC is more and more of a possibility. He said his favourite two players all-time are Jordan and Vince Carter, both UNC alums. Ever since his official visit to UNC (even though they lost to Duke) I've not been so sure about FSU. The atmosphere was INSANE for that game and the campus must have been electric that weekend. I'm sure that left an impression.

I'll wait until someone confirms a reschedule of the meetings. For now, Blue Nation is going off :rolleyes:

InspiredLebowski
04-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Wiggins cancels home visits with UNC, Kansas and FSU.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanCBS/status/326335620635037697

nothing much further than that, people overreacting already on twitter talking about UK. This is probably because he is still in Portland and can't make it back.

Thoughts?
Know who else is in Portland? Nike. Well, basically anyway. Talk that Nike talked to him about UK and how they like the marketability of UK, Fab Five 2.0 type stuff. Just talk, I know but that's how big time recruiting goes.

Burgz V2
04-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Know who else is in Portland? Nike. Well, basically anyway. Talk that Nike talked to him about UK and how they like the marketability of UK, Fab Five 2.0 type stuff. Just talk, I know but that's how big time recruiting goes.

yea i thought about this too, I mean the game was on Saturday. Pretty hard to believe he couldn't get a flight from then until Monday morning.

According to Wiggins' high school coach, Rob Fulford, the cancellations are the product of Wiggins being exhausted from his recent trip to the Nike Hoop Summit in Portland, and not an indication that he is close to making a college decision. Wiggins had multiple flight delays during his return trip to his current hometown of Huntington, WV.

Wiggins, who is commonly referred to as "the best high school basketball player since LeBron," was scheduled to meet with Roy Williams on Monday afternoon, Bill Self on Tuesday and Leonard Hamilton on Wednesday. Instead, Fulford said Wiggins will speak with all three coaches on the phone.

The one candidate to land Wiggins that wasn't scheduled to meet with him this week is Kentucky, the program that has long been considered the favorite to land the 6'7 small forward. John Calipari has already become the first coach to sign six McDonald's All-Americans in one year, and adding Wiggins would likely put to bed any debate over whether or not UK's 2013 recruiting class is the best in history.

On the phone??? So that would mean Cal is the only one who got an "official" home visit?

I mean, why not reschedule Roy and then see Self and Hamilton? He's already past the LOI date isn't he? So what is the rush?

If I was really concerned I'd be looking up those flights and seeing if there was actually a delay but I'll leave that to the UNC, Kansas and FSU fans.

IGotACoolStory
04-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Did the Nike rumor originate with Jerry Meyer? Because that guy is a tool who is wrong about almost everything he throws out. He called John Wall to Baylor, his rankings are absurd, and he's an attention starved whore.

From what I gather...
-UK is recruiting with the join the greatest class pitch.
-UNC is recruiting with join the UNC basketball family, don't you want your kids to have what you didn't (Mitchell wanted to play for UNC out of high school).
-FSU is recruiting with build your own legacy.
-And I still have no idea what Kansas is doing. All I know is Andrew and Self hit it off.

Technically no one got a home visit because his home is in Canada. Thursday starts a dead period in recruiting so there's no time to reschedule. These coaches are busy. Wiggins is busy. The time was made to fit before the dead period perfectly and now it has to be changed up.

Cal went to see off Wiggins before he left for the McDonalds game.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1279031.html

John Calipari met with Andrew Wiggins – the nation’s best prospect – for 15 minutes on Thursday at Huntington (W.V.) Prep.
“He didn’t say anything he hasn’t said in the past,” Huntington Prep coach Rob Fulford told Scout.com.

“He was just basically saying don’t get caught up in roster spots and scholarships,” he added. “Everything is there. He has a scholarship.”

Then Roy reached out to Wiggins to see if he could get a visit on Monday (today) about a week back. Wiggins agreed. That sparked the other two coaches to set up their visits. However, like the interview with Fulford says, the other visits were going to eventually happen.

Interestingly, Daniels also posted this 6 days ago:

EvanDaniels posted: 4/16/13 8:45 am

As of today, I don't believe that UK leads in the Andrew Wiggins race. I think this visit with Wiggins is fairly routine. Calipari went in two weeks ago. Now it's Roy Williams' turn. I'm sure Bill Self and Leonard Hamilton will visit with him before he makes his choice. I don't expect much new to come out about any of the visits with him. Is it good to get in front of the kid? Yes. Is there going to be a major development following any of them? Doubtful.

However, after the McDonalds game he said something along the lines of he thought for the first time in Wiggins' recruitment a possible leader emerged: UK. Can't find the exact quote and it wasn't as candid as I made it, but he obviously implied such.

And apparently I'm going through this in reverse chronological order. Cal visit, McDonalds, UK leads(?), UK doesn't lead (?), Roy visit, Self and Hamilton visits, canceled visits... There we go.

Again, I still believe it's all about the parents. I heard some stuff there, but it's only from a UNC perspective.

Burgz V2
04-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Did the Nike rumor originate with Jerry Meyer? Because that guy is a tool who is wrong about almost everything he throws out. He called John Wall to Baylor, his rankings are absurd, and he's an attention starved whore.

From what I gather...
-UK is recruiting with the join the greatest class pitch.
-UNC is recruiting with join the UNC basketball family, don't you want your kids to have what you didn't (Mitchell wanted to play for UNC out of high school).
-FSU is recruiting with build your own legacy.
-And I still have no idea what Kansas is doing. All I know is Andrew and Self hit it off.

Technically no one got a home visit because his home is in Canada. Thursday starts a dead period in recruiting so there's no time to reschedule. These coaches are busy. Wiggins is busy. The time was made to fit before the dead period perfectly and now it has to be changed up.

Cal went to see off Wiggins before he left for the McDonalds game.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1279031.html

Then Roy reached out to Wiggins to see if he could get a visit on Monday (today) about a week back. Wiggins agreed. That sparked the other two coaches to set up their visits. However, like the interview with Fulford says, the other visits were going to eventually happen.

Interestingly, Daniels also posted this 6 days ago:

However, after the McDonalds game he said something along the lines of he thought for the first time in Wiggins' recruitment a possible leader emerged: UK. Can't find the exact quote and it wasn't as candid as I made it, but he obviously implied such.

And apparently I'm going through this in reverse chronological order. Cal visit, McDonalds, UK leads(?), UK doesn't lead (?), Roy visit, Self and Hamilton visits, canceled visits... There we go.

Again, I still believe it's all about the parents. I heard some stuff there, but it's only from a UNC perspective.

I remember that interview, he was talking about all the UK commits and what it would mean if he joined them (answering a question mind you, not like he jump out and start frothing at the mouth about it).

I definitely think UK improved their position a lot coming out of the AA game. I don't think that necessarily puts them in the lead, even his brother Nick said he didn't feel they were a good fit even considering their stacked roster.

From what everyone else has been saying about their recruitment to UK (Randle, Harrison twins, etc) the main selling point seemed to be the fact that they'd be playing against the best freshman, and possibly, some of the best players in the country. The timing of Cal's visit, I must say, is another reason why he is one of the best recruiters in college sports, absolutely perfect. Now considering that Wiggins had to cancel, this is all looking favourable to UK.

If we truly believe Wiggins when he says he doesn't know, then the strongest lasting impression might just be Calipari which would definitely make a difference. If we go by what else we know, then they seem dead even with FSU and UNC. At this point it would literally shock me if he went to KU. There just hasn't been much indication of anything aside from his meeting with Self.

tbh I'd be surprised if this went on any longer.

veilside23
04-23-2013, 08:46 PM
i hope wiggins will join unc or duke but clearly duke is out of the picture maybe... but just imagine wiggins and parker playing together as team mates...

or wiggins and aaron gordon ... AU ...

that would be an awesome thing to watch vs UK...

Burgz V2
04-23-2013, 09:11 PM
i hope wiggins will join unc or duke but clearly duke is out of the picture maybe... but just imagine wiggins and parker playing together as team mates...

or wiggins and aaron gordon ... AU ...

that would be an awesome thing to watch vs UK...

Duke isnt on his list and they are not actively recruiting him.

Burgz V2
04-24-2013, 10:03 PM
anyone see this article? if we can even call it that...

http://keepingitheel.com/2013/04/24/unc-recruiting-why-andrew-wiggins-not-coming-to-unc-is-a-good-thing/

Does anybody in their right mind think Andrew Wiggins would do the same? Apologies ahead of time, but the way he has Prima Donna’d around these last couple weeks has gotten to be excessively excessive. He’s listened to countless courters traveling to see him. The way he’s given just enough interest to coaches to keep them coming back for more is nothing more than a game. He’s by far the only big-time recruit left still undecided. When you’re a number two and you still haven’t announced, while the number one publicly announced weeks ago, you’re an attention seeker.

He’s an attention seeker. He’s a drama-king. Andrew Wiggins is a one-and-done type of athlete. Hey, actions speak louder than words and all signs point to a look-at-me type of personality.

I dont even know where to start.

Sarcastic
04-25-2013, 04:07 PM
He should skip the NCAA and go to Europe or China.

IGotACoolStory
04-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Rumor spreading that UNC is out. Intel that Roy is looking at potential immediate transfers/5th years to fill wing depth.

Doubt it happens. Might, but really doubt it now. Still adds up to FSU to me, wouldn't surprise if it is Kentucky.

SourPatchKids
04-28-2013, 04:47 AM
http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/collegebasketball/florida-state-seminoles/story/Decision-time-coming-for-Andrew-Wiggins?blockID=892415

According to this article, Wichita State is in the mix?! :wtf:

Andew's brother Nick attends WSU though.

Shade8780
04-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Rumor spreading that UNC is out. Intel that Roy is looking at potential immediate transfers/5th years to fill wing depth.

Doubt it happens. Might, but really doubt it now. Still adds up to FSU to me, wouldn't surprise if it is Kentucky.
Noooooooo. Go to UNC Wiggins :(

IGotACoolStory
05-02-2013, 03:51 PM
May have been premature on UNC likely out. Roy still is looking for a possible immediate wing pick up, tho. Surprisingly good vibes (from nearly everyone) in the last 2 hours after a completely silent past two weeks. Needless to say, interesting.

The Kansas argument seems to be interesting as well, even if I overlook it.

Burgz V2
05-02-2013, 05:39 PM
May have been premature on UNC likely out. Roy still is looking for a possible immediate wing pick up, tho. Surprisingly good vibes (from nearly everyone) in the last 2 hours after a completely silent past two weeks. Needless to say, interesting.

The Kansas argument seems to be interesting as well, even if I overlook it.

I don't think there has been any movement out of Wiggins' people. At this point I think Roy has to look at back up plans. And let's be honest, depth will be a problem even if they do get Wiggins, ACC is going to be pretty tough next year imo.

If Kansas gets Wiggins it will be the best kept secret in a long time in college recruiting. It'll remind us how important those coach visits are. If they do get him I want to know what the hell Self said to him.

IGotACoolStory
05-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Sounds like Wiggins made a decision. Stuff circulating from UK, UNC, and FSU sources saying the coaches got a call and the Wiggins family knows where.

If true, wouldn't surprise me to see an announcement within the next 48 hours. Some people supposedly in the know (unc side) are saying it will happen tomorrow. Of course we have been down this road before, except this is the first time a plethora of people from all sides are saying similar things.

Burgz V2
05-02-2013, 09:03 PM
his brother yesterday said he still hadn't made a decision...maybe he was lying? Maybe it was true? I don't really know but being May already the rumour mill will definitely be ablaze. Gives the college basketball writers something to write about at least.

IGotACoolStory
05-02-2013, 11:34 PM
More than likely. And, fwiw, one of the only two people I trust when it comes to information said the UNC basketball office was in a good mood today because Trevor Lacey seems like a likely transfer, not anything to do with Wiggins.

Before someone googles, if UNC lands Lacey he will have to sit out a season (Wiggins year). BTW, anyone know if he's any good? Former Bama player.

SourPatchKids
05-03-2013, 12:58 AM
crumbelieveable

SourPatchKids
05-03-2013, 04:36 AM
All shall be revealed in the next 72 hours.

Burgz V2
05-07-2013, 09:22 AM
decision coming within the next week. The family he lived with in WV said his mom is coming to WV for his announcement and she said she will either be arriving sometime during the week.

InspiredLebowski
05-07-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm hearin Indiana State, Larry Bird got in his ear!

Shade8780
05-07-2013, 02:26 PM
decision coming within the next week. The family he lived with in WV said his mom is coming to WV for his announcement and she said she will either be arriving sometime during the week.
I'm not from the US. Where's WV??

millwad
05-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Why is this so important? He's a "one and done"..

Burgz V2
05-07-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm not from the US. Where's WV??

West Virginia where his current high school is.

I'm hearin Indiana State, Larry Bird got in his ear!

could you imagine...

SourPatchKids
05-09-2013, 06:25 AM
:rant

cmoon

Shade8780
05-09-2013, 12:14 PM
If Wiggins comes to UNC, I'll definitely get his jersey :D :banana: Worst case scenario is he goes to Kentucky. I don't know why, I just don't like UK. If he decides to not go to North Carolina, I hope he goes to Florida State or Kansas.

veilside23
05-09-2013, 12:49 PM
If Wiggins comes to UNC, I'll definitely get his jersey :D :banana: Worst case scenario is he goes to Kentucky. I don't know why, I just don't like UK. If he decides to not go to North Carolina, I hope he goes to Florida State or Kansas.

wiggins is taking his time so much... do you think he will do the same thing when he starts playing in the nba ?

when his contract is up ... he will let everyone speculate where he would go... and then i hope that he will not end up like a drama queen :D

ukfan22
05-09-2013, 04:31 PM

That guy in your avatar liked UK

just sayin

Shade8780
05-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Also is the best player on my favourite team.

Maniak
05-09-2013, 06:30 PM
oh yeah i'd love a wiggins unc jersey, no doubt.

IGotACoolStory
05-12-2013, 02:30 PM
I'll stick with my FSU rationale.

Parents flying down from Canada this week and people are saying the decision will come on Tuesday (or maybe Monday).

btw, two FSU players transferred within the last week. Weirdly, though, they were two rotational players. FSU was full on scholarships this entire time so it makes sense that they would gently nodge someone out of the program before Wiggins came. But two guys? And why not a scrub for a team that already doesn't have much talent? That's a little odd.

Jailblazers7
05-12-2013, 08:29 PM
I hope he goes to FSU because I will get to see him live when they play Pitt. We only play 1 games against UNC in Chapel Hill so I wouldn't get the chance if he went to UNC.

SourPatchKids
05-12-2013, 10:28 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1637517-andrew-wiggins-will-announce-college-decision-on-may-14

Tuesday is the big day.

Oh boy, within 48 hours we will know who lands Wiggins.

Burgz V2
05-13-2013, 06:58 AM
would like to see him go to either of the ACC teams, UNC would be great because that would create a natural rivalry between him and Jabari, if isnt' there already one.

IGotACoolStory
05-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Seems like all the "experts" are predicting Kansas or FSU.

Telep's odds are:
FSU 35%
KU 25%
UNC/UK 20%

Daniels said he spoke to his sources and barely anyone predicted UK or UNC.

All 4 of the CBS guys said FSU.

fwiw. The FSU reasoning has been gone over to ad nauseum. Apparently with Kansas, Wiggins really connecting with Self and the team might be the deciding factor. That along with he would get to be the guy at a blue blood and he doesn't have to play FSU in conference (which the parents might not like). I heard that Wiggins would have gone to Kansas had Randle chose them, so interesting if true.

And if you are in to reading this kind of stuff... It's been said that there won't be a presser for his announcement. The only media there will be a single local Huntington reporter.

Even 100+ ranked kids have pressers. Julius Randle had Jason Jordan follow him around to Burberry to buy suits, tweet and write articles for USA Today on every little step process, and the announced on national tv. This is the #1 recruit in the nation, who in a day would have dragged out the recruitment literally 24 hours within the date of which he could still sign an LOI. This is different.

veilside23
05-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Seems like all the "experts" are predicting Kansas or FSU.

Telep's odds are:
FSU 35%
KU 25%
UNC/UK 20%

Daniels said he spoke to his sources and barely anyone predicted UK or UNC.

All 4 of the CBS guys said FSU.

fwiw. The FSU reasoning has been gone over to ad nauseum. Apparently with Kansas, Wiggins really connecting with Self and the team might be the deciding factor. That along with he would get to be the guy at a blue blood and he doesn't have to play FSU in conference (which the parents might not like). I heard that Wiggins would have gone to Kansas had Randle chose them, so interesting if true.

And if you are in to reading this kind of stuff... It's been said that there won't be a presser for his announcement. The only media there will be a single local Huntington reporter.

Even 100+ ranked kids have pressers. Julius Randle had Jason Jordan follow him around to Burberry to buy suits, tweet and write articles for USA Today on every little step process, and the announced on national tv. This is the #1 recruit in the nation, who in a day would have dragged out the recruitment literally 24 hours within the date of which he could still sign an LOI. This is different.

since i guess you are the biggest follower of andrew wiggins ... where do you want him to go? do you want him to win it all in Ncaa?
I dont know if its possible if he goes to FSU .
Kansas maybe.. I like UNC's chances better though

i dont like wiggins @ UK it will be a massive murder to everyone else...
its like nba all star vs dleague :D

oh and regarding wiggins attitude i think he is like a tim duncan kinda guy...

chips93
05-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Telep's odds are:
FSU 35%
KU 25%
UNC/UK 20%

maybe he has some rationale in his argument, but if those are his 'odds' why not just admit that he has no idea?

telep annoys me more and more every day.

Jailblazers7
05-13-2013, 09:54 PM
I really hope his nickname becomes Ender because the protagonist in Ender's game is named Andrew Wiggin.

IGotACoolStory
05-13-2013, 10:09 PM
since i guess you are the biggest follower of andrew wiggins ... where do you want him to go? do you want him to win it all in Ncaa?
I dont know if its possible if he goes to FSU .
Kansas maybe.. I like UNC's chances better though

i dont like wiggins @ UK it will be a massive murder to everyone else...
its like nba all star vs dleague :D

oh and regarding wiggins attitude i think he is like a tim duncan kinda guy...

Well I would prefer him at UNC since that's pretty much all I'm a fan of (UNC athletics) in all sports, college or professional. I also believe UNC will have very slim odds of winning a championship without Wiggins and now that Bullock is gone. By slim, I wouldn't guess much more than an Elite Eight, if that.

I don't care if he wins a championship, unless he comes to UNC, but his best odds would probably be at UK, then UNC, then KU, then lastly FSU. I think he could legitimately win a championship at either of first three on the list, considering UK and UNC are preseason top ten without him and tell me the last time Kansas didn't win the Big 12... FSU wouldn't be bad with him, but I still think his season there would end up like Beasley at KSU, except not as prolific scoring. Even Durant had Augustin, who was an elite high school PG recruit and won the Cousy award in his sophomore year before entering the draft.

Agree on his personality. He's definitely closer to the Duncan/Durant persona than LeBron/Kobe. Doesn't matter much, other than maybe for marketability.

Starting to sound like KU from what I'm reading. Going to stick with FSU, tho, because I can't get past the combination of family connections + Andrew seeming indifferent to playing in college. Never really thought UK and now I have all but given up hope he will be a Tar Heel. Hope I'm wrong on the last part.

IGotACoolStory
05-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Anyone seeing Cal ranting about UK academics in the last hour? :oldlol: Peculiar timing.

https://twitter.com/UKCoachCalipari

Grinder
05-14-2013, 11:37 AM
I think he'll pick FSU. He'll be a program changing recruit, have the flexibility to do whatever he wants, and still play in the ACC.

Shade8780
05-14-2013, 12:03 PM
I just saw on Twitter that he's announcing his decision in 15 minutes. Are you able to watch it? Pleeease be UNC!

IGotACoolStory
05-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Nope. But they have a camera outside the building he is announcing...
http://www.courier-journal.com/section/sports

Not sure why. I'm watching it anyway

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDanielsFOX 8m
As of 10:00 this morning, Andrew Wiggins had not told his parents, according to his coaches.

:wtf:

Grinder
05-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Kansas it is. Nice. Great get for Bill Self and Wiggins will receive quality coaching.

Joel Embiid, Wayne Selden, and Wiggins is a very good recruiting class for Self to make another deep run in the NCAAs.

IGotACoolStory
05-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Wow what a comeback from Kansas. They were the last school to recruit him.

**** me when somehow Kansas and UNC end up in the same region again.

Shade8780
05-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Noooooooooo!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: I was really surprised when I heard he was going to Kansas.

Burgz V2
05-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Bill Self, you slick bastard.

What did you say to him?

veilside23
05-14-2013, 01:10 PM
So wiggins will play the 3 and 4 at times for kansas right ?
They have the chance Bill self is a great coach. I do hope though that Self wont pressure Wiggins to stay.

I dont know if i would put them over Michigan right now but hey its andrew wiggins the next superstar ;)

Twiens
05-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Wow huge surprise, good choice though

InspiredLebowski
05-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Bill Self's one slick sonuvabitch. He wasn't going Big Ten so I had no dog in the fight, but I was rooting for FSU. See how good this kid REALLY is. Oh well.

skan72
05-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Bill Self's one slick sonuvabitch. He wasn't going Big Ten so I had no dog in the fight, but I was rooting for FSU. See how good this kid REALLY is. Oh well.

You'll still get to see how good he really is; Kansas' team is YOUNG and inexperienced. A lot of pressure is going to be on Wiggins to produce and make them an NC contender. He is in no way surrounded by a ton of other McD's AA's like he would have been at UK nor are there a ton of vets on the team. The only guy being talked about who returned to KU is Ellis. And he's a soph.

InspiredLebowski
05-14-2013, 03:32 PM
You'll still get to see how good he really is; Kansas' team is YOUNG and inexperienced. A lot of pressure is going to be on Wiggins to produce and make them an NC contender. He is in no way surrounded by a ton of other McD's AA's like he would have been at UK nor are there a ton of vets on the team. The only guy being talked about who returned to KU is Ellis. And he's a soph.yeah, that's true, it could definitely be "worse" from that angle. I just wanted to see him try and carry a bunch of nobodies, plus I'm always a fan of kids going to the parents' alma mater.

SourPatchKids
05-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Self you sly dawg

Goliath Uterus
05-15-2013, 03:03 PM
First off, I just wanna say FVCK YEA SUCK IT BITCHES

So wiggins will play the 3 and 4 at times for kansas right ?
They have the chance Bill self is a great coach. I do hope though that Self wont pressure Wiggins to stay.

Prolly not gonna see much time at the 4, and yea, KU definitely "has a chance" to be a contender... In fact I think once people see what this kid and this team are capable of it'll be KU and maybe UK as the clear cut favorites. And not only could Self never in a million years convince Andrew too stay, he wouldn't even try.

I dont know if i would put them over Michigan right now but hey its andrew wiggins the next superstar ;)

Lol, we were prolly better than Michigan w/out Wiggins.

Burgz V2
05-15-2013, 03:08 PM
I dont know if i would put them over Michigan State right now but hey its andrew wiggins the next superstar ;)

Fixed :cheers:

Goliath Uterus
05-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Fixed :cheers:

Really? they're not gonna be that great either....

veilside23
05-16-2013, 01:48 AM
anyone has any idea what number will wiggins be wearing @ kansas .. also where can i buy one ?

Burgz V2
05-16-2013, 06:09 AM
Really? they're not gonna be that great either....

- Losing only Nix next season

- Valentine, Costello, Gary Harris all were freshman last year and all played huge minutes, plus Harris will be a candidate for preseason all-American

If we aren't preseason top 5 I'll be surprised.

I will be bump this thread when I prove you wrong.

Goliath Uterus
05-16-2013, 03:33 PM
anyone has any idea what number will wiggins be wearing @ kansas .. also where can i buy one ?

He'll probably wear #22, I don't think you can get a legit one yet, you could buy an old Marcus Morris jersey and nobody outside of Lawrence could tell the difference.

If we aren't preseason top 5 I'll be surprised.

I will be bump this thread when I prove you wrong.

IDGAF about pre season rankings. I still think we're better, we return two very good players in Naadir Tharpe and Perry Ellis (who ended the year looking first team Big 12), and fill out our lineup with extremely talented freshman. Wayne Selden is imo better than the Harrison twins, and a better defender as well, future lottery pick.

Joel Embiid is the #1 center in the class and has the potential to be a top 3 pick and a perrenial all star. Andrew Wiggins is an absolute freak who I don't even have to explain.... Not too mention we have probably the toughest non con schedule in the nation next year, and we have to play OK St twice.

Burgz V2
05-16-2013, 04:53 PM
He'll probably wear #22, I don't think you can get a legit one yet, you could buy an old Marcus Morris jersey and nobody outside of Lawrence could tell the difference.

IDGAF about pre season rankings. I still think we're better, we return two very good players in Naadir Tharpe and Perry Ellis (who ended the year looking first team Big 12), and fill out our lineup with extremely talented freshman. Wayne Selden is imo better than the Harrison twins, and a better defender as well, future lottery pick.

Joel Embiid is the #1 center in the class and has the potential to be a top 3 pick and a perrenial all star. Andrew Wiggins is an absolute freak who I don't even have to explain.... Not too mention we have probably the toughest non con schedule in the nation next year, and we have to play OK St twice.

don't flattery youselves. MSU always plays a tough non-conference schedule PLUS we play in the Big Ten. You say you dont care abuot pre season rankings but youre basing your entire argument on the ASSUMPTION that these players will be "stars" in Lawrence.

Tharpe and Ellis? Give me a break. We return Appling, a healthy Gary Harris, Payne, Dawsen, Valentine (who was a freshman last year but played starters minutes) and Travis Trice who broke out in the tourney. Don't take this team lightly or you'll be eating crow.

Goliath Uterus
05-16-2013, 10:38 PM
I never said I'm taking St. lightly but you're kidding yourself if you think they'll be on KU's level. Too much talent. Harris is an absolute stud tho.

(e)
05-17-2013, 01:11 AM
Can't wait to see Wiggins in some Big12 action this year. Excited to see him play in person.

Goliath Uterus
05-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Can't wait to see Wiggins in some Big12 action this year. Excited to see him play in person.

U talking 'bout at the fieldhouse?

insidehoops
05-17-2013, 02:24 PM
The addition of top prospect Andrew Wiggins transforms the Jayhawk roster from one with more questions than answers to one that suddenly looks capable of big things. "I think Wiggins single-handedly vaults Kansas from a fringe top-25 team to a legitimate Final Four threat," CBSSports.com college basketball blogger Jeff Borzello told MaxPreps. "He's going to be a preseason All-American and possibly National Player of the Year. He will be the go-to guy immediately and could approach 18-20 points per game." Kansas head coach Bill Self has landed highly-touted recruits like Darrell Arthur, Mario Chalmers, Xavier Henry and Josh Selby during his time in Lawrence, but acknowledged Tuesday that the signing of Wiggins is special. "He brings athleticism, length, scoring ability and he's also an assassin, an alpha dog and we definitely need that when you have a whole bunch of young kids," Self said via the school's official athletic site. "I think he's going to be not just a good player, but have the chance to be a great one." -- Max Preps

Shade8780
05-18-2013, 05:56 AM
http://www.kustore.com/style/NCAA-Blank-Basketball-Jersey-Adidas/20291153

Twiens
05-20-2013, 09:03 PM
Kansas picks up Tarik Black, team looking scary

veilside23
05-21-2013, 03:12 AM
http://www.kustore.com/style/NCAA-Blank-Basketball-Jersey-Adidas/20291153

thanks but there is no official jersey yet for wiggins ?

Burgz V2
05-21-2013, 06:51 AM
thanks but there is no official jersey yet for wiggins ?

they switched up the style of the jersey for next year so you'll have to wait for the 2013-2014 jersey to come out before you can get a Wiggins jersey, or at worst, make one online.

insidehoops
06-15-2013, 01:59 AM
First he chose Kansas over the rest of the country, and now Andrew Wiggins is choosing Kansas over Canada. The No. 1-ranked player in the class of 2013 is bypassing a chance to represent his home country in order to acclimate himself and his game at the University of Kansas. The news was released via Canada Basketball's official website.

Wiggins played for Team Canada in 2010 and 2012; the team took bronze in the U18 FIBA Americas tournament last year. The U19 tournament, which Wiggins is opting out of, takes place in the Czech Republic at the end of June.

-- CBS Sports

Goliath Uterus
06-15-2013, 02:17 PM
:bowdown: