PDA

View Full Version : Have You Lost Respect For Derrick Rose?

NumberSix
04-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Simple question. I don't think I need to really explain.

SilkkTheShocker
04-04-2013, 04:24 PM
I lost respect for him the moment he allowed his team to commit the biggest choke in NCAA history.

Kurosawa0
04-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Not remotely. This isn't a contending year for the Bulls anyway. If he was coming back to a team with a real shot to get to the Finals then I think Rose should come back. Why risk anything on a shot at being a pain in the ass out in the second round?

Mr Exlax
04-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Not remotely. This isn't a contending year for the Bulls anyway. If he was coming back to a team with a real shot to get to the Finals then I think Rose should come back. Why risk anything on a shot at being a pain in the ass out in the second round?

This.

NumberSix
04-04-2013, 04:30 PM
You never know,that's why. If LeBron gets injured, the Bulls could easily make the finals. It's not out of the question

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Bulls will probably cut salary after this season.

DuMa
04-04-2013, 04:32 PM
no. i rather he come back when he feels 100%. he obviously doesnt feel 100%. so theres no reason for him to come back based on peer and upper management pressure

PJR
04-04-2013, 04:33 PM
No. But his situation is a bit odd to say the least. Medically cleared for months, and your confidence in returning to form is that shaky?

ripthekik
04-04-2013, 04:34 PM
numbersix.

Patrick Chewing
04-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Rose is one of the few NBA players I have respect for. Doesn't get caught up in media BS and understands what choices he has to make to have a successful future. He has some good people around him helping him make some great decisions.

DaSeba5
04-04-2013, 04:35 PM
I have no reason to

NumberSix
04-04-2013, 04:35 PM
no. i rather he come back when he feels 100%. he obviously doesnt feel 100%. so theres no reason for him to come back based on peer and upper management pressure
Are you kidding me? The dude was cleared to play months ago. He says he's not "mentally ready"? Get da fck outta here.

Either he's a mental midget or he's a not so humble diva letting the FO know his pissed off about them cutting salary.

LosScandalous
04-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Are you kidding me? The dude was cleared to play months ago. He says he's not "mentally ready"? Get da fck outta here.

Either he's a mental midget or he's a not so humble diva letting the FO his pissed off about them cutting salary.

http://www.isderrickrosementallyready.com/

Kurosawa0
04-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Bulls will probably cut salary after this season.

Yeah. I saw that they hope to make another run at LeBron next summer. It's tough, but I think they've got to do it. The Bulls won't win as presently constituted. It's why I've said before they should've considered moving Noah and keeping Asik. They need another dynamic player next to Rose.

You never know,that's why. If LeBron gets injured, the Bulls could easily make the finals. It's not out of the question

If I'm Rose I'm not counting on LeBron getting hurt. Besides, if he doesn't feel he's ready, why do you want him back?

I never counted on him making the big return this year anyway. I don't understand the rush.

KrizMiz
04-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Cant lose something that you never had!

Kurosawa0
04-04-2013, 04:42 PM

Either he's a mental midget or he's a not so humble diva letting the FO know his pissed off about them cutting salary.

I think it's 50/50. I think Rose doesn't feel 100% confident and he's not happy about the team that he's got to come back to. Can't blame him on either counts.

supe12sta12z
04-04-2013, 04:44 PM

How do you know if you don't compete? Did you know that the Pistons would take out the Lakers 4-1 in 2004?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-04-2013, 04:46 PM
How do you know if you don't compete? Did you know that the Pistons would take out the Lakers 4-1 in 2004?

Exactly. I'm sick of hearing it too. Moreover, how the **** do you know the Bulls are gonna compete next year? Who told you that? The pope? :oldlol:

TheGreatDeraj
04-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Simple question. I don't think I need to really explain.

You serious?
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/Lakersfan424/5aq6bb_zpsc0ca0b57.gif

Kurosawa0
04-04-2013, 04:49 PM

Because this Bulls team is weaker than the one that Miami beat in 2011. Honestly, it's not just Miami. I'm not sure the Bulls with Rose would beat Indy. Let alone OKC, Denver or San Antonio in the Finals.

I don't get why fans are always so protective of teams, but then want to crap on players.

It's like when LeBron left Cleveland. The fans should've been furious that the Cavs lost them a once in a generation talent.

Bulls fans should be angry that the Chicago front office isn't being extremely proactive in trying to build around it's best player since Jordan.

Sarcastic
04-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Meanwhile, Rondo is already back on the court taking shots with the team. 2 months after his ACL tear.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/rondo-takes-shots-game-against-pistons

TOLATE
04-04-2013, 04:56 PM
numbersix.

^^

Pushxx
04-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Meanwhile, Rondo is already back on the court taking shots with the team. 2 months after his ACL tear.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/rondo-takes-shots-game-against-pistons

Kid is insane. I love it.

NumberSix
04-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Rose fans can sugarcoat it all they want, but I'd be furious if my franchise player who has been cleared for MONTHS just refused to play.

nathanjizzle
04-04-2013, 05:07 PM
why is OP crying for no reason.

pegasus
04-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Rose fans can sugarcoat it all they want, but I'd be furious if my franchise player who has been cleared for MONTHS just refused to play.

Well, then you're lucky you're a bandwagon fan who doesn't belong to any franchise.

http://www.johnronzino.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/340x_01dewey.jpg

Mr. Incredible
04-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Not at all. It's his career and he get's the right to decide what he wants and does not want to do.

I feel for the kid honestly. Born & raised in Chicago and has all the pressure in the world to deliver for that city. I miss watching him play and I can't wait to see him play again, especially against the Heat. Always were great games to watch.

ripthekik
04-04-2013, 05:17 PM
ironic.. coming from the guy who's favorite player ditched his own city and team in front of national tv :lol

tomtucker
04-04-2013, 05:18 PM

when is it really ?

NumberSix
04-04-2013, 05:30 PM
ironic.. coming from the guy who's favorite player ditched his own city and team in front of national tv :lol
And, I'm supposed to care about that because?

DuMa
04-04-2013, 05:35 PM

Its like what Charles Barkley said. Always have a 2nd opinion. He clearly has his own team of doctors who feel like he isnt ready to play yet. Team doctors are just puppet heads for the organization most of the time. Trust in Rose. He will play when he is ready and when he is ready, He'll be back just like the old Rose played.

Lebron23
04-04-2013, 05:38 PM
And, I'm supposed to care about that because?

Owned

Current John Wall vs. Post Injury Derrick Rose will be a great match up next season.

dh144498
04-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Owned

Current John Wall vs. Post Injury Derrick Rose will be a great match up next season.

hows that owned?
:wtf:
:biggums:

NumberSix
04-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Its like what Charles Barkley said. Always have a 2nd opinion. He clearly has his own team of doctors who feel like he isnt ready to play yet. Team doctors are just puppet heads for the organization most of the time. Trust in Rose. He will play when he is ready and when he is ready, He'll be back just like the old Rose played.
Where did you hear that?

Or did you not hear it anywhere. Are you just assuming that's the case because of how preposterous it would sound if that wasn't the case?

pauk
04-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Absolutely not.... I think he is doing the right thing, he wants to come back 100% and help his team, he wants to even come back better than he was. But if he is healthy i just dont understand why not try to at least play a game or two, to see where he is....

Rubio2Gasol
04-04-2013, 06:08 PM
One of the few players in this league I actually have respect for. I respect the work he does in the gym - its very clear he is capable of improving without game time.

Meanwhile idiots will forget the severity of a injury like this..they think it's best to rush back into the game like he's in some sort of race with someone.
He knows what he's doing.

Him playing this season is high risk / low reward.

Glide2keva
04-04-2013, 06:17 PM
I've lost respect for his advisors.

They are keeping him out more than it is him doing it.

http://youtu.be/rl_JFsE7JDA

He is doing damn near everything he was doing plus draining umpers from deep three range. Why is he not playing?

NumberSix
04-04-2013, 06:22 PM
He has no heart.

DuMa
04-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Where did you hear that?

Or did you not hear it anywhere. Are you just assuming that's the case because of how preposterous it would sound if that wasn't the case?

I have no source but I would be willing to bet that he or his agent has their own team of doctors monitoring his situation other than the Bulls' team of physicians. Almost every NBA player follows this procedure when they get a serious injury.

NumberSix
04-04-2013, 06:59 PM
I have no source but I would be willing to bet that he or his agent has their own team of doctors monitoring his situation other than the Bulls' team of physicians. Almost every NBA player follows this procedure when they get a serious injury.
Wrong again Bob. He's been completely cleared for months.

Derka
04-04-2013, 07:01 PM
No. If he's not ready, he shouldn't be out there. He's too young to sacrifice his future for the here and now.

DuMa
04-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Wrong again Bob. He's been completely cleared for months.

only from the Bulls side

NumberSix
04-04-2013, 07:03 PM
only from the Bulls side
Show my any instance of rose saying HIS doctors haven't cleared him. G'head.

TheMarkMadsen
04-04-2013, 07:09 PM
LOL why do HEAT fans want D rose to come back? Didn't they just see their HEAT team who was trying their hearts out lose to Bulls who were missing D rose & Noah?

knickswin
04-04-2013, 07:09 PM
I don't know why people (particularly Bulls fans) are making EXCUSES for him. gosh, if any player on the Knicks were pulling this crap, I'd be PISSED.

I know he's Chicago's One True Hope and saying something bad about Derrick Rose is akin to calling your own mother a whore, but this is an instance where I think being a fan can make you delusional. Derrick Rose CLEARLY does not have the best interest of the CHICAGO BULLS in mind right now. There's obviously some other agenda here because he hasn't even TESTED THE WATERS with playing even though he's been medically cleared for months. So it's ridiculous to me that there are BULLS FANS making excuses for him.

NumberSix
04-04-2013, 07:14 PM
I don't know why people (particularly Bulls fans) are making EXCUSES for him. gosh, if any player on the Knicks were pulling this crap, I'd be PISSED.

I know he's Chicago's One True Hope and saying something bad about Derrick Rose is akin to calling your own mother a whore, but this is an instance where I think being a fan can make you delusional. Derrick Rose CLEARLY does not have the best interest of the CHICAGO BULLS in mind right now. There's obviously some other agenda here because he hasn't even TESTED THE WATERS with playing even though he's been medically cleared for months. So it's ridiculous to me that there are BULLS FANS making excuses for him.
This!!

I'd be fcuking furious if LeBron or wade had been cleared for months and just refused to even attempt to play a single minute. Like, just get out the and try it for a quarter.

You have to an extra special kind of retard homer to make excuses for this diva behaviour.

knickswin
04-04-2013, 07:27 PM
This!!

I'd be fcuking furious if LeBron or wade had been cleared for months and just refused to even attempt to play a single minute. Like, just get out the and try it for a quarter.

You have to an extra special kind of retard homer to make excuses for this diva behaviour.

yep . . . and then you bring up that other players came back from ACL injuries much faster than Rose (uh, hello Iman Shumpert ... got THE SAME INJURY THE SAME DAY and has been playing for two months) and you get the Bulls fans saying, "well that playing isn't the SUPERSTAR that Derrick Rose is. Bulls have to be extra careful with their special little lamb" . . . just making ridiculous mental jumps to protect him in their minds . . .

97 bulls
04-04-2013, 07:36 PM

I dont think Bulls fans are making excuse for him. He initially felt he wasnt ready. Now I feel its too late in the season for him to attempt a comeback. Now if he sits out next year, thats a whole new ball game.

tazb
04-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Absolutely. His team is suffering right now and have been subliminally calling him out cause he's not "ready." He's been cleared to play for like a ****ing month now :facepalm. If he doesn't come back this season/playoffs I will have lost all respect for this ****head. This team could be contenders this season if he came back, but he's not "ready.":facepalm

knickswin
04-04-2013, 07:37 PM
I dont think Bulls fans are making excuse for him. He initially felt he wasnt ready. Now I feel its too late in the season for him to attempt a comeback. Now if he sits out next year, thats a whole new ball game.

he should just give it a go at this point. in this state, Bulls aren't going to do much in playoffs anyway. Can't hurt.

97 bulls
04-04-2013, 07:46 PM
he should just give it a go at this point. in this state, Bulls aren't going to do much in playoffs anyway. Can't hurt.
But even if he did, hes gonna hurt the team more than hed help. Hed need 15 games just to shake off the rust. His timing will be off, as well as his jumpshot. I think he tore up his knee because he wasnt ready to return in spite of being cleared.

I also feel once the Bulls failed to land a quality number two guy, I hoped Rose would miss the entire season.

SCdac
04-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Haven't lost respect for him...

But I feel bad for his teammates and the franchise for having to wait idly for him while not getting a high draft pick to pair with him next season.

He will have been removed from the court for what, 16+ months?

SevereUpInHere
04-04-2013, 07:50 PM
If he's been medically cleared to play and he's sitting out, why should they be paying him?

And to people saying he shouldn't play since they're not going to beat Miami, what a cop out. Why would the Bobcats ever suit up if that's the case.

If someone on my team was doing this I'd be getting pissed.

SillyRabbit
04-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Derrick Rose is 24 years old and is the youngest MVP in NBA history. He has a very bright future ahead of him and risking it just to come back a few weeks or months early would be very stupid. Imagine if he re-aggravated his injury and could no longer be the athletic superstar he once was?

At the same time, i'm almost 100% sure that the reason why he hasn't returned yet is not because he isn't fully healthy, but because his game isn't where he wants it to be. I believe he's letting his ego get in the way here, and rather than come back and struggle for a few weeks/months/entire season, he's trying to practice on his own and not return until he can come back on top.

Whether this is selfish or smart is up to each individual to decide, but I believe this is what he's doing.

MMM
04-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Derrick Rose is 24 years old and is the youngest MVP in NBA history. He has a very bright future ahead of him and risking it just to come back a few weeks or months early would be very stupid. Imagine if he re-aggravated his injury and could no longer be the athletic superstar he once was?

At the same time, i'm almost 100% sure that the reason why he hasn't returned yet is not because he isn't fully healthy, but because his game isn't where he wants it to be. I believe he's letting his ego get in the way here, and rather than come back and struggle for a few weeks/months/entire season, he's trying to practice on his own and not return until he can come back on top.

Whether this is selfish or smart is up to each individual to decide, but I believe this is what he's doing.

what are the chances of that????
isn't it more likely that he injures his healthy knee rather than re-aggravating his other knee.

I agree with your 2nd paragraph and wonder how his teammates feel about it. If they are ok with the process and how long it is taking than that is all that should matter.

KDthunderup
04-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Just the fact that he sounds like he is just ****ing with everyone right now by saying

"maybe I'll be able to play tomorrow, only god knows"

If KD or WB tried to pull some ambiguous religious shit like that I would be mad

ProfessorMurder
04-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Thread title implying I respected him in the first place...

nathanjizzle
04-04-2013, 11:15 PM
:roll: at all the cry babys in this thread. :facepalm

btw, being cleared to play means you have rehabbed your ligament and you can start working on basketball again. dumbass's

gilalizard
04-04-2013, 11:18 PM
numbersix.

lol

KDthunderup
04-04-2013, 11:18 PM
:roll: at all the cry babys in this thread. :facepalm

btw, being cleared to play means you have rehabbed your ligament and you can start working on basketball again. dumbass's
Been cleared to play means you have been cleared to play you spastic

gilalizard
04-04-2013, 11:19 PM
The better question would be why you haven't lost respect for yourself.

nathanjizzle
04-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Been cleared to play means you have been cleared to play you spastic

cleared to play means you have finished rehab and can start running up and down the court again to regain your skills dumbass.

KDthunderup
04-04-2013, 11:21 PM
cleared to play means you have finished rehab and can start running up and down the court again to regain your skills dumbass.
running and gaining coordination is part of the rehab you utter spastic, holy shit please kill yourself

nathanjizzle
04-04-2013, 11:23 PM
running and gaining coordination is part of the rehab you utter spastic, holy shit please kill yourself

:facepalm goddamn your stupid. when i say running up and down the court i mean hes playing games in practice.

so are you saying when he was "cleared to play" in february meant he was suppose to play in real nba games when he still couldnt dunk off his left leg?

guy
04-04-2013, 11:24 PM

Bulls aren't going to be in much of a different situation next year. Why come back then either? Why not just wait till till we sign another all-star?

KDthunderup
04-04-2013, 11:24 PM
:facepalm goddamn your stupid. when i say running up and down the court i mean hes playing games in practice.
He has been playing full contact scrimmage games for over 2 months :facepalm

Please stop posting, you have no idea what you are talking about.

nathanjizzle
04-04-2013, 11:28 PM
He has been playing full contact scrimmage games for over 2 months :facepalm

Please stop posting, you have no idea what you are talking about.

actually it has only been alittle over a month of full contact. but lets do the math idiot. 2 months ago he was "cleared to play" and you say 2 months ago he started playing in practice. that makes sense doesnt it? are you saying he should have went from rehab straight to nba games without relearning his skills inbetween?
:facepalm

KDthunderup
04-04-2013, 11:31 PM
actually it has only been alittle over a month of full contact. but lets do the math idiot. 2 months ago he was "cleared to play" and you say 2 months ago he started playing in practice. that makes sense doesnt it? are you saying he should have went from rehab straight to nba games without relearning his skills inbetween?
:facepalm
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8897736/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-taking-full-contact-practice

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

No words....

nathanjizzle
04-04-2013, 11:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8897736/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-taking-full-contact-practice

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

No words....

to dumb to comprehend

nathanjizzle
04-04-2013, 11:37 PM

"And what can be trusted from here on out is that the Bulls, in leaking this information, want Derrick Rose to play basketball. Right now, even, passing along the “we knew that already, dude”-news that Rose is in no danger of hurting his surgically reconstructed knee should he return to the court tout de suite. Even though that information was already in place in mid-February, when the Bulls cleared him to practice. Of course, the Bulls clear a lot of things."

:roll: keyword is practice

KDthunderup
04-04-2013, 11:38 PM
to dumb to comprehend
Well articulated and thought out comeback right there. It is really you that is too dumb to comprehend.

Participated in full practice before 31 Jan which is over 2 months ago

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9031045/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-cleared-play-waiting-dunk-confidently-left-foot-source-says

Cleared to play a month ago

Now if you want to walk away from this argument with any ounce of pride left, do it now before you embarrass yourself any further.

KDthunderup
04-04-2013, 11:42 PM
[QUOTE=nathanjizzle]http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8897736/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-taking-full-contact-practice

"And what can be trusted from here on out is that the Bulls, in leaking this information, want Derrick Rose to play basketball. Right now, even, passing along the

nathanjizzle
04-04-2013, 11:50 PM
[QUOTE=KDthunderup]

NumberSix
04-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Nate jizz is one of the stupidest people imaginable. He's not trolling either. He really is just that fcuking stupid.

KDthunderup
04-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Nate jizz is one of the stupidest people imaginable. He's not trolling either. He really is just that fcuking stupid.
I know :oldlol:

It is likely that I'm arguing with a 12 year old or someone with a mental disability so I will stop bothering with him now.

nathanjizzle
04-04-2013, 11:55 PM

:roll:

you dont even know what your talking about. he was cleared to play march 8 that doesnt even count at a month.

KDthunderup
04-04-2013, 11:58 PM
What are you laughing about retard? The state of your own mental deficiencies?

nathanjizzle
04-05-2013, 12:04 AM
What are you laughing about retard? The state of your own mental deficiencies?

nah, im laughin at how stupid you are. btw, he wasnt playing 5on5 in practice till feb 18

funnystuff
04-05-2013, 12:04 AM
Don't EVER take a guy with "jizz" in his name seriously.

Then again every Bulls fan is hard to take seriously.

But on to the topic. He is afraid to come back given all his fans are expecting the old Rose. He is afraid he will let them down. He is a mental midget. Have you seen how he does interviews?

But the longer he waits, the harder it will be.

ReturnofJPR
04-05-2013, 12:05 AM
No question, dude is a typical you know what taking the lazy way out.

He's 24 and will win a minimum 2 championships, but dude lives like he's still a broke ass on the south side when his older brother is actually tainting his rep. Rose is selfish but Top 3 when healthy and all will be forgotten when he returns hashtag All day I dream about sex

nathanjizzle
04-05-2013, 12:09 AM
Don't EVER take a guy with "jizz" in his name seriously.

Then again every Bulls fan is hard to take seriously.

But on to the topic. He is afraid to come back given all his fans are expecting the old Rose. He is afraid he will let them down. He is a mental midget. Have you seen how he does interviews?

But the longer he waits, the harder it will be.

gj noticing jizz in my name homo. and take someone that watches adventure time seriuosly?

funnystuff
04-05-2013, 12:13 AM
gj noticing jizz in my name homo. and take someone that watches adventure time seriuosly?
I suppose that does make me the gay one for noticing that YOU put "jizz" in YOUR name.

And whats wrong with enjoying an animated show with decent humor? Then again im sure you're at home watching Teen Mom, Mr. Jizz.

nathanjizzle
04-05-2013, 12:21 AM
I suppose that does make me the gay one for noticing that YOU put "jizz" in YOUR name.

And whats wrong with enjoying an animated show with decent humor? Then again im sure you're at home watching Teen Mom, Mr. Jizz.

yes, you noticed it, even though its jizzle and not jizz. thats the homo in you i guess:confusedshrug:

i guess its okay to watch a show aimed for kids. but to use it as your avy.

NumberSix
04-05-2013, 12:24 AM
yes, you noticed it, even though its jizzle and not jizz. thats the homo in you i guess:confusedshrug:

Cool story jizz-boy.

ReturnofJPR
04-05-2013, 12:25 AM

Wow!

Funny and Nathan, get a room already!

I can hear your white blood count lowering!!

nathanjizzle
04-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Cool story jizz-boy.

your mom calls me the same name

NumberSix
04-05-2013, 12:27 AM
your mom calls me the same name
I'm sure she does Jizz-boy. Why wouldn't she?

nathanjizzle
04-05-2013, 12:30 AM
I'm sure she does Jizz-boy. Why wouldn't she?

the real question is why would she? she doesnt have any jizz, so whos jizzing on who in our relationship?

funnystuff
04-05-2013, 12:34 AM

Hard to spell "Jizzle" without "Jizz". Wouldn't ya agree? :cheers:

Rubio2Gasol
04-05-2013, 12:46 AM
"Cleared to play is Cleared to play"

People talk this talk, you can tell they didn't see what went on with guys like Hill where teams mortaged their future to have them play a playoff game, or worse yet a couple pickup games at the start of the season,

This ain't Vince in Toronto, he ain't trying to force his way out the city. Do people think the Bulls were planning on him coming back and making a run? that's why they didn't re-sign Korver or Asik?.

The only people crying are fans of other teams and ignorant fanboys who misguidedly think Rose is letting them down by taking all factors into account. Do you see the team complaining? Has there been a single shred of evidence indicating what he's doing is hurting the team somehow?

No.

bluechox2
04-05-2013, 01:36 AM
Even rivera is back from his acl

Djahjaga
04-05-2013, 01:39 AM
Because this Bulls team is weaker than the one that Miami beat in 2011. Honestly, it's not just Miami. I'm not sure the Bulls with Rose would beat Indy. Let alone OKC, Denver or San Antonio in the Finals.

I don't get why fans are always so protective of teams, but then want to crap on players.

It's like when LeBron left Cleveland. The fans should've been furious that the Cavs lost them a once in a generation talent.

Bulls fans should be angry that the Chicago front office isn't being extremely proactive in trying to build around it's best player since Jordan.

Well said. This entire comment is good.

ballinhun8
04-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Only people calling out Rose are Miami and NY fans. Kind of surprised NY fans are doing it when they haven't been a relevant franchise since Ewing left and we expect this behavior from Miami "fans". I say that term loosely.

If his teammates aren't making a big deal about a return and are in a key stretch for a playoff run and haven't rushed back Noah, Belinelli, or Rip, then why should you moronic posters? Because you have nothing better to do then create the same topic week after week, day after day?

It's posters like numbersix that have brought this board down. And co-signers like knicksman who make her think she has a relevant point.

InspiredLebowski
04-05-2013, 01:42 AM
No. And if you have you're an idiot.

Legends66NBA7
04-05-2013, 01:44 AM
No, Derrick Rose has not lost my respect.

NumberSix
04-05-2013, 01:46 AM
Only people calling out Rose are Miami and NY fans. Kind of surprised NY fans are doing it when they haven't been a relevant franchise since Ewing left and we expect this behavior from Miami "fans". I say that term loosely.

If his teammates aren't making a big deal about a return and are in a key stretch for a playoff run and haven't rushed back Noah, Belinelli, or Rip, then why should you moronic posters? Because you have nothing better to do then create the same topic week after week, day after day?

It's posters like numbersix that have brought this board down. And co-signers like knicksman who make her think she has a relevant point.oh, the irony of a bulls fan saying this. Keep reppin your little bitch boy D Rose. Lol. That niqqa cashed in and said "fcuk the Bulls". :roll:

nnn123
04-05-2013, 02:04 AM
Why can't I neg fools like numbersix anymore? Have we all lost negging priveliges?

D.J.
04-05-2013, 02:18 AM
Yes I have. He was cleared to play a month ago. He is hurting his team by refusing to play. The only way to get back to full form is to play in games. You can't get back to full form in practice. He's hurting his teammates and if I were the coaching staff and FO, I'd be irate.

NumberSix
04-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Yes I have. He was cleared to play a month ago. He is hurting his team by refusing to play. The only way to get back to full form is to play in games. You can't get back to full form in practice. He's hurting his teammates and if I were the coaching staff and FO, I'd be irate.
This..

I can't fcuking believe that some people are actually arguing that its ok for a healthy player to refuse to play. What world do you people live in?

D.J.
04-05-2013, 04:35 AM
This..

I can't fcuking believe that some people are actually arguing that its ok for a healthy player to refuse to play. What world do you people live in?

If the average person pulled this shit, they'd be fired on the spot. Have your doctor clear you to return to work and you tell your boss "My doctor said I'm good to go, but I'm not ready to return to work". Your boss would fire your ass on the spot. He wouldn't be as understanding as the Bulls' management.

Graviton
04-05-2013, 04:38 AM
Trade his ass to the Lakers.

Alan Ogg
04-05-2013, 06:51 AM
Rose is a baller. Def have not lost respect. I hope he can get back to his old form.

KDthunderup
04-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Even rivera is back from his acl
And he is godamn 43 years old......

Funny fact is that Galinari is likely to return at the same time as Rose when the next season starts, even though he would tear his nearly a year after Rose.

Indian guy
04-05-2013, 09:21 AM
This notion that it's Bulls fans who're 'OK' with Rose not returning couldn't be more incorrect. It's the complete opposite, in fact. Those who are not Bulls fans and don't follow the team on a regular basis(particularly any news on Rose's recovery), they are the ones who seem content with his decision since they're neither emotionally invested in the team nor have a clue about what's going on.

Here in Chicago on the other hand, he gets ripped by the local radio stations daily. And go to ANY Bulls board on the net, fans are pissed. Nobody approves of his decision to not play when he has been cleared ages ago and by all reports, looks GREAT in practices. Apparently, his reason for not playing is mental. Fans' belief is, "well, how the **** are you going to feel better in the head w/o actually playing?!?"

Obviously, Rose's feelings about the current state of the Bulls are no different than his brother's - who trashed the FO a couple of months ago. Rose has done nothing to dispute what his brother said. His reasoning clearly is, "we are not beating Miami, so why should I return?" Which is an inexcusable attitude for a superstar player. Or any sports athlete for that matter. I mean, with Rose's logic, 90% of the league shouldn't even bother playing, because only a couple of teams can truly win it all, after all. Why even suit up :rolleyes:. But there is something called pride, competitiveness and the DESIRE to actually earn the money you're being paid. Rose hasn't shown an iota of that since being cleared to play, giving maddening statements like "only god knows when I'll return" and how "he isn't frustrated at all to not be playing(he said this after Bulls beat Miami).

Mostly importantly, if you're not going to return this season despite having no health related reason to, then why bother showing up next season? Miami isn't going anywhere and Chicago will look the same. Another thing, it's not like he'll be returning to some scrub team. Bulls, even with all their injuries, are currently on pace to win 45 games. That's a 50-win team without him when fully healthy. A DAMN good team, in other words. A team that also has a winning record against Miami for the 2nd time in 3 seasons.

What Rose is doing by sitting out when he's physically ready is unprecedented for a star player in the NBA. Nobody has ever pulled sh!t like this off, where you're refusing to play for a damn good team out of sheer selfishness and lack of competitive spirit. And everyone in Chicago is calling him out for it. Nobody is defending him here. Nobody with a functioning brain should.

deja vu
04-05-2013, 09:27 AM
LOL give the guy a break. He knows what's best for his body, not any of his fans who have never even talked with him in person.

Even if he comes back, the Bulls won't be making it far in the playoffs. They're playing great team basketball at the moment, so why force Rose to come back when he's not yet ready himself? He has his own reasons so let's just respect whatever his decision is. He ain't some robot that we expect to return to court and start beasting immediately.

SilkkTheShocker
04-05-2013, 09:29 AM
No question, dude is a typical you know what taking the lazy way out.

He's 24 and will win a minimum 2 championships, but dude lives like he's still a broke ass on the south side when his older brother is actually tainting his rep. Rose is selfish but Top 3 when healthy and all will be forgotten when he returns hashtag All day I dream about sex

Absolutely no chance in hell. GTFO :oldlol:

Rolando
04-05-2013, 09:50 AM
If he were on my team, I'd be pissed. This is very "un-Celtic" behaviour.

guy
04-05-2013, 10:08 AM
I haven't lost respect. But as a Bulls fan, I'm extremely disappointed, especially if one of the reasons is because he doesn't think they can contend. If its just that he's scared, I'm still disappointed because I thought Rose was mentally tougher then that, but whatever, its really hard to make a decision when fear is involved and I can't really blame someone too much for what they are fearful of because alot of that is just ingrained in them.

But if its that they can't contend? Come on man.

First of all, he's not only doubting his teammates, but he's doubting himself as well, and basically conceding that Lebron, Wade, Bosh, etc. are better then himself, Deng, Noah, etc. Thats not a winner's mentality. He's supposed to have the ultimate confidence in himself and maybe not ultimate confidence in his teammates, but at least reasonable and definitely high enough for these teammates to believe that they can take it all the way.

Second, this team isn't going to be in any better position next year, and you can't just expect to have the supporting cast that Lebron, Durant, Kobe, or CP3 have. Not every team can have that. So what does that mean? Should he just sit out next year too? Even with that being the case, Deng and Noah are current all-stars, and Boozer is a former all-star still putting up double-doubles regularly. Rose would still probably have a top 10 supporting cast in the league right now, with only Lebron, Durant, Kobe, CP3, Parker, Lawson definitely having a better one, and Melo, George, Curry, D-Will, Z-Bo arguably having a beter one (Obviously some of those players aren't on the same level and you wouldn't consider their teammates as the supporting cast, but they are the best players on those teams. And I would include Rondo as having "definitely" a better one, but ignored him since he's out for the year). What more exactly can you reasonably expect? NBA careers don't last a lifetime, and instead of waiting and expecting for a better team around him, he should maybe consider the possibility that he may not always have even this good of a team around him in the first place. He's basically wasting an opportunity.

Third, I hear people say they won't be legit contenders anyway, so it won't make a difference. Even if they aren't contenders and we can say they have no chance of winning it all this year, it still makes a HUGE difference for the development of this team. He might not be wasting a championship opportunity if he doesn't come back, but he is wasting an opportunity for this team to further grow and get to that level. Teams grow and get better WITH EXPERIENCE. Thats how they learn, get accustomed to and build chemistry for certain situations, and become mentally tougher. The 2012 Heat probably don't win it all if Lebron or Wade missed the entire 201, the 2012 Thunder probably don't get to the Finals if Durant or Westbrook missed the entire 2011, the 2009 Lakers probably don't win it all if Kobe missed the entire 2008, etc. Even if they already know there is no chance they would win a title, and they know the outcome possibilities is either losing in the ECF with Rose or losing in the first round without him, as long as he's healthy like him being medically cleared indicates, the former is still significantly more valuable and beneficial to the future success of this team then the latter.

Finally, contending or not, I thought he loved the game that much? He's been out for a year, and he doesn't seem to miss it enough. It obviously doesn't make a difference to me as a fan how much he loves it or not, but one of the qualities about him that I liked was how much he loved the game and seemed to eat, breathe, and sleep basketball.

The only way I can't be disappointed in him, not saying me disappointed should matter to him or anyone, is if like someone else said, he has his own doctors that are advising him to not come back yet. In no way can I complain if thats the case. But I would think if thats the case, it would've been released to the media by now, in fact I would think Rose's camp would've released that information themselves so Rose wouldn't get any of the questioning and negative press he's been getting. I would think he would also mention that in interviews instead of giving them the vague responses he's been giving.

JellyBean
04-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Nope. I have not lost respect for Derrick Rose. I mean why come back and be a liability for your team on both sides of the floor and hurt the team even more? If the dude aint ready to play this year, I have not problem with that. Now if he sits out next year, boooooy then its a different story. Right now, I still have mad respect for D-Rose.

Pointguard
04-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Did any of you see Derrick Rose play last year???

He was cleared to play by the medical staff last year. Something in Derrick Rose head didn't trust them. He played the whole year cautious. No hardcore slams at all. He limited risk the entire year. Something in his head said don't do go all out.

Use your head... Who are you going to trust now? Your inner voice or the guy giving clearances to play? Why risk it when you aren't going to be yourself in the first year anyway?

I haven't seen one post here from somebody who came back from a lower body injury. Your recovery is totally based on how you feel and trust it to work for you. The outside world can't tell you anything. You intuitively know when you should take risk, and you don't let anybody come in an play God with how you take risk. You feel yourself, you trust yourself, you set up how the future plays itself out. Doctors know a lot but they will never be able to take over your body and tell you when to take risk with it.

Grant Hill, Tmac, Bill Walton... went with the clearances.

1rkrage
04-05-2013, 12:39 PM

He was cleared to play by the medical staff last year. Something in Derrick Rose head didn't trust them. He played the whole year cautious. No hardcore slams at all. He limited risk the entire year. Something in his head said don't do go all out.

Use your head... Who are you going to trust now? Your inner voice or the guy giving clearances to play? Why risk it when you aren't going to be yourself in the first year anyway?

I haven't seen one post here from somebody who came back from a lower body injury. Your recovery is totally based on how you feel and trust it to work for you. The outside world can't tell you anything. You intuitively know when you should take risk, and you don't let anybody come in an play God with how you take risk. You feel yourself, you trust yourself, you set up how the future plays itself out. Doctors know a lot but they will never be able to take over your body and tell you when to take risk with it.

This. he rushed every time from his injuries last season and every time he ended up getting re-injured after a few games. I have no problem with what he is doing at all.

dh144498
04-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Derrick Rose is a choker. He is mentally weak.

guy
04-05-2013, 01:21 PM

What instances of those 3 are you talking about? Hill's in Orlando was just mass confusion where the doctor died and he didn't get the report until after he played significant games or something along those lines, I don't remember. Walton was pretty much screwed from the beginning, there was no saving him, he was clearly injury prone. Dont' know what instance of T-Mac you are talking about, but he consulted with other doctors before shutting it down with his last injury.

You make a good point especially about last year, but unless he consulted with other doctors, which hasn't been reported, there's no point to what he's doing. There's no indication that coming back now or coming back next year makes a difference physically. In fact, you can argue that coming back next year maybe worse since he'll have the whole summer to build more fear of the situation. If he's completely fine physically, and he's even dominating in practice, nothing will get him over his fear except actually just playing.

Like I said, I don't really blame him much if its just his fear. But that should have nothing to do with the quality of his teammates. That shouldn't play a part, and if plays any part then thats not right.

Rondo
04-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Owned

Your location :roll:

That's like being the proud owner of a 2 inch cawk. Obviously see Boston and LA fans with similar stuff and wanted a piece of the action.

OP, why you mad? Is it the fact that Rose has been to Miami more than you have? Fcuk, snow's been to Miami more than you have. Bandwagon fans :facepalm

Talk about mentally weak? He's coming back from a major injury, give him a break. Wasn't that long ago your boy was getting accused of mentally weak and all that had happened to him was his hairline went further back than he and his father's relationship and his teammate was penetrating his mother. Many times.

Pointguard
04-05-2013, 04:04 PM
You make a good point especially about last year, but unless he consulted with other doctors, which hasn't been reported, there's no point to what he's doing. There's no indication that coming back now or coming back next year makes a difference physically. In fact, you can argue that coming back next year maybe worse since he'll have the whole summer to build more fear of the situation. If he's completely fine physically, and he's even dominating in practice, nothing will get him over his fear except actually just playing.

You missed the point of my post. Hill was thought to be physically fine. He wasn't, HOF career down the drain. Bill Walton was given clearance, he was not physically fine, GOAT type career down the drain. That's not something you can trust totally to doctors. Derrick Rose was cleared three times last year by doctors. Derrick Rose had his doubts. Rose plays with abandon or he isn't Rose. Why come back half Rose for half of season. At best the cup is half full with career damage as a risk if docs are not right. They were wrong three times last time he checked.

He's doing the right thing. He's letting his inner voice guide him on this one. Forget all the other stuff you are hearing. Its his call.

D.J.
04-05-2013, 04:08 PM
You missed the point of my post. Hill was thought to be physically fine. He wasn't HOF career down the drain. Bill Walton was given clearance, he was not physically fine, GOAT career down the drain. That's not something you can trust totally to doctors. Derrick Rose was cleared three times last year by doctors. Derrick Rose had his doubts. Rose plays with abandon or he isn't Rose. Why come back half Rose for half of season. At best the cup is half full with career damage as a risk if docs are not right. They were wrong three times last time he checked.

He's doing the right thing. He's letting his inner voice guide him on this one. Forget all the other stuff you are hearing. Its his call.

The advancements in the medical field have been significant even going back to Grant Hill's injuriy and that was less than 15 years ago. There were quite a few significant injuries last year because of the shortened season. Rose, Shumpert, Baron Davis, T.J. Ford.

KDthunderup
04-05-2013, 09:50 PM
This notion that it's Bulls fans who're 'OK' with Rose not returning couldn't be more incorrect. It's the complete opposite, in fact. Those who are not Bulls fans and don't follow the team on a regular basis(particularly any news on Rose's recovery), they are the ones who seem content with his decision since they're neither emotionally invested in the team nor have a clue about what's going on.

Here in Chicago on the other hand, he gets ripped by the local radio stations daily. And go to ANY Bulls board on the net, fans are pissed. Nobody approves of his decision to not play when he has been cleared ages ago and by all reports, looks GREAT in practices. Apparently, his reason for not playing is mental. Fans' belief is, "well, how the **** are you going to feel better in the head w/o actually playing?!?"

Obviously, Rose's feelings about the current state of the Bulls are no different than his brother's - who trashed the FO a couple of months ago. Rose has done nothing to dispute what his brother said. His reasoning clearly is, "we are not beating Miami, so why should I return?" Which is an inexcusable attitude for a superstar player. Or any sports athlete for that matter. I mean, with Rose's logic, 90% of the league shouldn't even bother playing, because only a couple of teams can truly win it all, after all. Why even suit up :rolleyes:. But there is something called pride, competitiveness and the DESIRE to actually earn the money you're being paid. Rose hasn't shown an iota of that since being cleared to play, giving maddening statements like "only god knows when I'll return" and how "he isn't frustrated at all to not be playing(he said this after Bulls beat Miami).

Mostly importantly, if you're not going to return this season despite having no health related reason to, then why bother showing up next season? Miami isn't going anywhere and Chicago will look the same. Another thing, it's not like he'll be returning to some scrub team. Bulls, even with all their injuries, are currently on pace to win 45 games. That's a 50-win team without him when fully healthy. A DAMN good team, in other words. A team that also has a winning record against Miami for the 2nd time in 3 seasons.

What Rose is doing by sitting out when he's physically ready is unprecedented for a star player in the NBA. Nobody has ever pulled sh!t like this off, where you're refusing to play for a damn good team out of sheer selfishness and lack of competitive spirit. And everyone in Chicago is calling him out for it. Nobody is defending him here. Nobody with a functioning brain should.
You have hit the nail on the head.

I feel Rose might be getting some bad advice i.e his brother

And as I said before when Rose pulled that ambiguous religious statement when question when he will play "only god knows", how would that not piss fans off? I mean if that KD or WB I would be pissed and would lose respect of them.

Ikill
04-05-2013, 10:13 PM
If Rose has an amazing season next year everyone is gonna forget about how he took extra time off. He's doing what he thinks is right he is thinking long term and he doesn't care what anyone else thinks. I respect that

Pointguard
04-05-2013, 10:41 PM
The advancements in the medical field have been significant even going back to Grant Hill's injuriy and that was less than 15 years ago. There were quite a few significant injuries last year because of the shortened season. Rose, Shumpert, Baron Davis, T.J. Ford.

Last year, they cleared Rose three times. It progressively got worse. The risk factor isn't one season any more fellas. Its two, three to career. Cleared only means you are free to take risk on your gimpy knee, its takes a year in general to fully recuperate.

It would be a 20 game risk where he would not be at allstar level on a team that needs an allstar. 2013 vs career, Franchise vs this year. 2012 was a risk year, and he lost ground. Now he has to play it safe and for his career. There is a risk, in coming back too early. You all think that clearance means no risk. Doctors don't see every stress involved in a knee injury and its recuperation. There is not one doctor that will claim that.

willds09
04-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Rose just have to leave those light ass adidas alone:facepalm

WadeBronDonJuan
04-06-2013, 03:32 AM
LOL why do HEAT fans want D rose to come back? Didn't they just see their HEAT team who was trying their hearts out lose to Bulls who were missing D rose & Noah?

You mean the same Heat team that was on a 27 game WIN STREAK?

Do you think that a 27 game win streak comes easy? Do you think those guys were energized for that game? They had to be exhausted from all those games and come backs. GTFO of here.

nashwade
04-06-2013, 12:13 PM
picture this:

Lebron getting medical clearance from doctors and sits out the WHOLE farking season to watch him team by the bench

which super star does that? seriously?

if any of Dwight, Kobe, Pierce, Durant, Duncan acts like this fool, what kind of uproar do you think there would be?

it is simply not acceptable

Shepseskaf
04-06-2013, 12:25 PM
I guess I don't understand the whole Rose situation. What's the real backstory?

Is he unhappy with the team roster? Has he lost his confidence?

Too many unknowns, and the situation is being handled badly by both Rose and the Bulls.