PDA

View Full Version : Kobe on if he will watch the Final Four: "They should be watching me."

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Arash Markazi: Kobe on if he will watch the Final Four: "They should be watching me." Twitter @ArashMarkazi

Good lord, why does he have to be such an arrogant, insecure prick? Again and again... :rolleyes:

Bandito
04-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Kobe's funny...

oh the horror
04-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Good lord, why does he have to be such an arrogant, insecure prick? Again and again... :rolleyes:

Why do you have to take it so seriously?

Mr. I'm So Rad
04-06-2013, 12:57 PM
He's right. College ball sucks.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Kobe is a prick, but I thought this was pretty funny. Lighten up, OP. :lol

Rysio
04-06-2013, 01:00 PM
mamba telling the truth how is that arrogant. :applause:

strike first
04-06-2013, 01:01 PM
I think your mistake is actually taking kobe seriously

Kingwillball
04-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Kobe great player but doucebag person so not suprised.

longtime lurker
04-06-2013, 01:03 PM

Maybe you should remove that stick up your ass and lighten up

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Why do you have to take it so seriously?

Because he's not joking, he's saying it seriously... It's just pathetic.

retaxis
04-06-2013, 01:06 PM
mamba telling the truth how is that arrogant. :applause:
truth is subjective..acting like a prick is for all to see

willds09
04-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Tell it like it iz mon:oldlol:

Batzman
04-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Well, shouldn't they be...?

Foster5k
04-06-2013, 01:14 PM
The Mamba speaking truth. People just can't handle the truth that's all.

theBIGjabroni
04-06-2013, 01:16 PM
What a phagg0t

OhNoTimNoSho
04-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Kobe is so MEAN! That comment ruined my life!

daily
04-06-2013, 01:17 PM

You take things too serious. Lighten up before you stroke out

ispin69
04-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Watch him struggle to make the playoffs with hall of famers and all stars that were poised to be the "favorites" this year. Then in comes all the Kobe apologists who will claim he wasn't serious and it was somehow "funny". :facepalm

32jazz
04-06-2013, 01:31 PM

:rolleyes:

Obviously the guy is joking & has introspectively stated in the past that March Madness makes him wish he had attended college for at least a year or 2.

Actually said it makes him a bit sad watching March Madness he suggested .

Likes college ball & publicly fawned over Coach K & Duke.

Segatti
04-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Everybody will watch you being sweep Kobe, don't worry

Nash
04-06-2013, 01:58 PM
He's right, most college players are not even Euroleague scrubs. Kobe is legend, they should watch him.

konex
04-06-2013, 01:59 PM
This is the same Kobe who personally called that Ware kid the other day. It's a funny line and nothing more. Stay hating, haters

retaxis
04-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Be interesting to watch Kobe play in the playoffs. He is the kind of player you want to watch and enjoy watching but feel kinda good when he loses because in the back of your mind you know he deserves it from the way he treats his team mates and other people and act like an arrogant prick 24/7. Meanwhile that is exactly how kobe wants everyone to see it as well, he doesn't want anyone to feel sorry for him when he loses or feel sorry for him.

DuMa
04-06-2013, 02:03 PM
thats just the type of line that Stern enjoys for ratings

Shepseskaf
04-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Even if he was joking, shouldn't have said it. Just makes him look bad (not that he cares).

DirkNowitzki41
04-06-2013, 02:24 PM
anyone else getting sick of this guy? lmao

White Mamba
04-06-2013, 02:28 PM
:oldlol: just cuz kobe saying it you all lost ur humor?

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 13h

Kobe said he's so tired that he's not going to watch any of the Final Four so he can rest up, get treatment, etc

SwayDizzle
04-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Even if he isn't joking, why the fuq would a top 5 all time player watch amateurs? They should watch him and learn a thing or two, which I'm sure they alreay have done.

JellyBean
04-06-2013, 02:43 PM
LOL!! Love it! Kobe = Confidence...hands down.

Scholar
04-06-2013, 02:43 PM

How do you know he was being serious? It's a tweet you read, not a recording of his voice where you can judge by his tone if he is serious or not.

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 02:54 PM
How do you know he was being serious? It's a tweet you read, not a recording of his voice where you can judge by his tone if he is serious or not.

Because he's constantly saying this type of stuff... Wasn't a one-time joke

All Net
04-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Not sure why he would say that.:

The Choken One
04-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Kobe great player but doucebag person so not suprised.
LeBron's complete dig of the casual fans life is probably one of the biggest douche statements in the history of the NBA.

So, as a LeBron fan, I don't think you have any room to call Kobe out.

crisoner
04-06-2013, 03:01 PM
LeBron's complete dig of the casual fans life is probably one of the biggest douche statements in the history of the NBA.

This.....

Any LeBron dan needs to STFU

Any how I thought the comment was funny. And last I checked this was a NBA forum. Love the big dance but I'd watch an NBA game before it anytime.

pauk
04-06-2013, 03:03 PM
That was actually funny lol

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 03:09 PM

It doesn't have anything to do with LeBron... Btw LeBron's comment, as stupid as it was, was just a response to people constantly attacking and insulting him, and he later apologized for that. Meanwhile, Kobe's just being a douche if you ask me.

SilkkTheShocker
04-06-2013, 03:14 PM
He is right. I would much rather watch an NBA game over any college game. Give me Kings vs. Bucks over any college matchup.

RoseCity07
04-06-2013, 03:17 PM
NielsenRatingsBe

SilkkTheShocker
04-06-2013, 03:18 PM
This.....

Any LeBron dan needs to STFU

Any how I thought the comment was funny. And last I checked this was a NBA forum. Love the big dance but I'd watch an NBA game before it anytime.

Stfu clown

The Choken One
04-06-2013, 03:20 PM
It doesn't have anything to do with LeBron... Btw LeBron's comment, as stupid as it was, was just a response to people constantly attacking and insulting him, and he later apologized for that. Meanwhile, Kobe's just being a douche if you ask me.
Being a douche, maybe, but we all know that's his personality. Just glad he doesn't go around taking offensive digs at his "fans".

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 03:23 PM
He is right. I would much rather watch an NBA game over any college game. Give me Kings vs. Bucks over any college matchup.

I would much rather watch a Final Four game tbh.. Those guys play way harder. It's obvious that NBA players are better than college ones but is it a reason to act like such an arrogant douchebag and look down on people, thinking that you're god's gift to people?

LongLiveTheKing
04-06-2013, 03:23 PM
What would you expect from Kobe lol?
It's Kobe being Kobe :oldlol:

Just2McFly
04-06-2013, 04:09 PM
he's one of the greatest basketball players to ever walk this earth, of course someone who is dedicated to the sport on a lower level should be watching him. wtf is arrogant about that? it's like any time a dude isn't jesus christ type humble people have a problem

Lebowski
04-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Haha, that's gold!

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 04:29 PM
he's one of the greatest basketball players to ever walk this earth, of course someone who is dedicated to the sport on a lower level should be watching him. wtf is arrogant about that? it's like any time a dude isn't jesus christ type humble people have a problem

Of course they should watch him, but saying "I don't care about you cause you're nothing compared to ME" is definitely not cool. Kobe uses every opportunity to underline how great and awesome he is, and that's what ticks me off.

KingMichael23
04-06-2013, 04:52 PM
He wasn't serious. Take it easy, bro.

Legends66NBA7
04-06-2013, 04:53 PM
It's weird, but Bryant reminds me of Charles Barkley with some of these comments.

Don't know if anyone else feels the same way, though...

La Frescobaldi
04-06-2013, 05:25 PM
He's a corporate spokesman, so even if you do take it as a serious statement, which apparently you do.... why are you attacking him for making a professional comment about the product he's selling?

Raymone
04-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Kobe should be watching LeBron.

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 05:38 PM
He's a corporate spokesman, so even if you do take it as a serious statement, which apparently you do.... why are you attacking him for making a professional comment about the product he's selling?

The NBA's not competing against college ball and Kobe's not the league's spokesman. If it was LeBron saying that, we'd have like 10 threads on the first page filled with rants about what an arrogant douche he is, but when it's Kobe, it's all cool. It's like reading the f*cking bible...

Frozen1
04-06-2013, 06:27 PM
He is just telling the truth, maybe watching the mamba they will actually learn some teamplay lessons.

SacJB Shady
04-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Y do people like college ball? What's next? High school ball? Why do people love watching amateurs? I don't see anyone talking about the d league

Frozen1
04-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Y do people like college ball? What's next? High school ball? Why do people love watching amateurs? I don't see anyone talking about the d league

D-league guys can bail out these NCAA "prospects".

La Frescobaldi
04-06-2013, 06:58 PM
The NBA's not competing against college ball and Kobe's not the league's spokesman. If it was LeBron saying that, we'd have like 10 threads on the first page filled with rants about what an arrogant douche he is, but when it's Kobe, it's all cool. It's like reading the f*cking bible...

The NBA competes for television time just like everybody else does.

If you think Kobe Bryant does not in a very great degree represent the NBA to millions of viewers you are sadly mistaken. Part of what makes the NBA seem drab to many people is the retirement of great personalities like Barkley, Shaq & Jordan. Bryant is one of the few guys out there in an absurdly correct country who makes those brash kinds of statements that people crave madly.

Who cares about LeBron? He's not the subject here.

daily
04-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Because he's constantly saying this type of stuff... Wasn't a one-time jokeOf course it was a joke. He's not even playing today.

Christ are you this dense or so full of hate you have to draw from such a shallow well

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 07:01 PM
He is just telling the truth, maybe watching the mamba they will actually learn some teamplay lessons.

:biggums:

:roll:

Dubs510
04-06-2013, 08:54 PM
OP is a idiot. :rolleyes: Everything kobe says is a thread now. :rant

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 08:57 PM
OP is a idiot. :rolleyes: Everything kobe says is a thread now. :rant

Time to get off his dick breh

willds09
04-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Kobe should be watching LeBron.
Watch him and laugh???:lol

Psycho
04-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Kobe's right, college kids these days got nothing on the rapists of yore.

Lol i posted it again

poido123
04-06-2013, 09:14 PM
As someone who dislikes Kobe, is this really worth talking about? Not much to see here. :coleman:

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-06-2013, 09:40 PM
This is the same Kobe who personally called that Ware kid the other day. It's a funny line and nothing more. Stay hating, haters
brb, going to break my legs.

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 09:45 PM

Prolly wanted to rape him

Psycho
04-06-2013, 09:49 PM

But don't worry, Kobe won't finish inside the poor kid, he'll rub it out in the bathroom after he's close.

elementally morale
04-06-2013, 09:51 PM

You are one funny kid. How do you do it? Everything you say as an attempt at humor is hilarious. Keep it up, you're great.

Psycho
04-06-2013, 09:53 PM
You are one funny kid. How do you do it? Everything you say as an attempt at humor is hilarious. Keep it up, you're great.

Well, let's be real, rape is a really funny thing.

elementally morale
04-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Well, let's be real, rape is a really funny thing.

Yeah, let's be real. Your effort is awkward. You shouldn't have registered a new screenname for this, it was a waste of time.

Psycho
04-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah, let's be real. Your effort is awkward. You shouldn't have registered a new screenname for this, it was a waste of time.

:( I'm new here please don't be mean. All I wanna do is fit in.

PS
Awkward is a buzzword

Salazaar

It's cool that you perceive rape as a funny thing, "kid". And besides, nothing I've said in this thread was supposed to be funny, so you better go back to school and pay attention during that reading comprehension class.

Boomerang
Well, what he said is true. NCAA athletes should be watching Kobe. But Kobe should be watching Lebron.

Dubs510
04-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Time to get off his dick breh
says someone who makes a thread on kobe :roll: :roll: :roll: .....:facepalm gtfo

elementally morale
04-06-2013, 10:02 PM
It's cool that you perceive rape as a funny thing, "kid". And besides, nothing I've said in this thread was supposed to be funny, so you better go back to school and pay attention during that reading comprehension class.

I'm probably your parents' age, but it is besides the point. You remind me of Dwight Howard, when he decides to try being funny. It's just awkward and corny and he ends up laughing at his own jokes. You have that same character.

Noob Saibot
04-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Kobe trolling is contagious.

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 10:08 PM
says someone who makes a thread on kobe :roll: :roll: :roll: .....:facepalm gtfo

Since when criticizing Kobe is riding his dick?

I'm probably your parents' age, but it is besides the point. You remind me of Dwight Howard, when he decides to try being funny. It's just awkward and corny and he ends up laughing at his own jokes. You have that same character.

If it is so, then you probably shouldn't be able to use the computer. How funny, you judge my personality based on an Internet post and imply how mature you are :oldlol:

elementally morale
04-06-2013, 10:12 PM
How funny, you judge my personality based on an Internet post

What exactly should I judge your personality on when we are online and this is a message board? Something you do not write?

Be ready for people judging you / your screenname for things you do and not for things you don't. You act like an ass, you will be thoguht of as an ass. Easy concept, even you should grasp it.

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 10:20 PM
What exactly should I judge your personality on when we are online and this is a message board? Something you do not write?

Be ready for people judging you / your screenname for things you do and not for things you don't. You act like an ass, you will be thoguht of as an ass. Easy concept, even you should grasp it.

You can judge a post, but not my personality based on my opinion on this matter. You try to act like you're so mature, but you try to offend me in such a primitive way and call me an idiot just because insulting people on the internet is so cool. Time to grow up, "dad". And by the way, I act like an ass because?

elementally morale
04-06-2013, 10:23 PM
You can judge a post, but not my personality based on my opinion on this matter. You try to act like you're so mature, but you try to offend me in such a primitive way and call me an idiot just because insulting people on the internet is so cool. Time to grow up, "dad".

Oh. How sensitive you've become. Strange, isn't it?

I'm not trying to act like anything. You told me to go back to school and I told you I'm probably a bit older than you think, but it is besides the point. That's exactly what I've said. It really is besides the point. You are acting like an idiot and it has nothing to do with my age. I'm not insulting you, by the way. Just pointing out the rather obvious.

It is you insulting yourself with the way you behave.

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Oh. How sensitive you've become. Strange, isn't it?

I'm not trying to act like anything. You told me to go back to school and I told you I'm probably a bit older than you think, but it is besides the point. That's exactly what I've said. It really is besides the point. You are acting like an idiot and it has nothing to do with my age. I'm not insulting you, by the way. Just pointing out the rather obvious.

It is you insulting yourself with the way you behave.

You're not insulting me, but saying that you're just pointing out the obvious, that I'm an idiot :oldlol: Strange, isn't it? And what is exactly the way I behave? I'm just pointing out one of the reasons I dislike Kobe :confusedshrug:

LBJFTW
04-06-2013, 10:35 PM
LOL at the *******s all up set that Kobe said something stupid and is now being called out on it. Oh well. Deal with it.

elementally morale
04-06-2013, 10:36 PM
You're not insulting me, but saying that you're just pointing out the obvious, that I'm and idiot :oldlol: Strange, isn't it? And what is exactly the way I behave? I'm just pointing out one of the reasons I dislike Kobe :confusedshrug:

Well, I'm not sure many people care as to which player you (your screenname) or me (my screenname) dislike(s). I think it's rather irrelevant. It is the way you present your ideas that's interesting, not the opinion you have. You should re-read your posts. They are boring. Then you acted tough and tried being funny. Then all of a sudden you've become extremely sensitive. The sad thing is you're weak and only good for a laugh yourself.

I'm off, it makes no sense talking to guys like you.

DMV2
04-06-2013, 10:45 PM
It doesn't have anything to do with LeBron... Btw LeBron's comment, as stupid as it was, was just a response to people constantly attacking and insulting him, and he later apologized for that. Meanwhile, Kobe's just being a douche if you ask me.Lightened up! Kobe was clearly joking. He gives a lot of sarcastic responses to the media. He's also been serious too, depending on the subject.

He doesn't discredit the college game at all. Got a lot of respect for John Wooden and Coach K, ect. Almost went to Duke.

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Well, I'm not sure many people care as to which player you (your screenname) or me (my screenname) dislike(s). I think it's rather irrelevant. It is the way you present your ideas that's interesting, not the opinion you have. You should re-read your posts. They are boring. Then you acted tough and tried being funny. Then all of a sudden you've become extremely sensitive. The sad thing is you're weak and only good for a laugh yourself.

I'm off, it makes no sense talking to guys like you.

Thanks for the in-depth breakdown. My posts are not supposed to be entertaining. I'm not extremely sensitive, but you're trying to act so mature when you're actually not. Trying to be tough? Oh, please :oldlol:

TrueRob
04-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Kobe was probably joking, but he's a pro, a basketball master. College players are amateurs, they're students. Kobe's the sensei and college players are pupils, so why the phuck would he watch THEM? :confusedshrug: It's not like Kobe played college ball and has a former team to root for.

d.bball.guy
04-06-2013, 10:59 PM
People hate Kobe so much that they lost their sense of humor :lol :facepalm

Even if he's joking or not, there's no need for him to watch the Final Four anyway.

DMV2
04-06-2013, 11:03 PM
All the guys saying why should Kobe watch a college game? Well, if it's a great game, why the fck not? NCAA hoops isn't too far different in terms of entertainment from NBA hoops. Some of you are acting like a Final Four game is similar to a YMCA pick up game or something. :oldlol:

I'm not even a big college football fan, but the Texas vs USC 2006 game is my all-time favorite football game on any level. Vince Young was a God that night.

Salazaar
04-06-2013, 11:04 PM
People hate Kobe so much that they lost their sense of humor :lol :facepalm

Even if he's joking or not, there's no need for him to watch the Final Four anyway.

It's not about whether he should watch it or not, it's about the way he behaves and says certain things...

Solid Snake
04-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Even if he was joking, shouldn't have said it. Just makes him look bad (not that he cares).

this

d.bball.guy
04-06-2013, 11:19 PM
It's not about whether he should watch it or not, it's about the way he behaves and says certain things...
Well yeah, he does say questionable statements like this one but people pay too much attention or always try to decipher what he's saying. It's given since he's one of the most famous athletes in the world, though.

elementally morale
04-06-2013, 11:25 PM
this

Come on. It's Kobe being Kobe. Everyone who already dislikes him will find a problem with this and people who like him won't find one. The rest simply don't care. It's not like he said anything relevant or even mildly interesting. He just opened his mouth.

The Iron Fist
04-07-2013, 12:19 AM
I would much rather watch a Final Four game tbh.. Those guys play way harder. It's obvious that NBA players are better than college ones but is it a reason to act like such an arrogant douchebag and look down on people, thinking that you're god's gift to people?
Game 7s>>>any final four

G-Funk
04-07-2013, 12:51 AM

I wish he wasn't joking, imagine that! would be the best quote ever!:oldlol:

No_Look604
04-07-2013, 06:16 AM
ISH you disappoint me.

Hear me out. As a baller, the cardinal rule so-to-speak is that there is always room for improvement and you should basically never be satisfied with your game...that's how you get better.

Kobe's trying to be funny in a Godfather kinda way. Those KIDS should be watching him. Those KIDS should be watching/studying any NBA player for that matter.

Did you forget Kobe didn't play college ball? So he probably has even less interest than a Durant, Melo etc.

And last time I checked The Lakers are fighting for their lives, so if I was asked the same question in Kobe's shoes, I'd be kinda pissed....he's got bigger fish to fry