PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, why the hate on Westbrook?

Mirko Cro Cop
04-06-2013, 03:59 PM
I get that he doesn't make the best decisions on the court but I can see why his personality might offend a lot of people but the guy is clearly one of the hardest working players in the league. I personally praise him for his no-look-back-I-don't-give-a-shit attitude, because if anything, we need more of that in today's watered down pussified league where everyone wears a mask in front of the camera to protect their "image".

His fearlessness and determination reminds me of a young Kobe in every way and his relentless style of play makes him one of the most exciting players to watch. The dude's a baller and shows up every night and puts in 100% effort, no questions asked and yet is still hated on at every turn....it's ridiculous how disrespected he is :coleman:

NauruDude
04-06-2013, 04:06 PM
shut up

KG215
04-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Because it's the cool thing to do?

Last night's game was a perfect example of why you can't judge Westbrook solely on the box score. I think he ended up shooting something like 9/24 and finished with 24 points. Some people will look at the box score and say he was chucking and ask why he took 3 more shots than Durant when KD was having a really efficient game. But Durant wasn't doing anything the first 1.5 quarters and OKC needed ultra-aggressive chucking Westbrook. He was relentlessly attacking the rim and putting pressure on Hibbert and the rest of the Pacers frontline. He kept OKC afloat until Durant got going midway through the second quarter.

And that's just one example. There's been plenty of other games this year and the last few years where he's done something similar, and it's kept the team in the game while Durant struggled to get going. But some people will just look at the box score, see he went something like 11/25 on a night where Durant was 13/21, and say he was chucking and hurting the team by not giving the ball to Durant more.

LikeABosh
04-06-2013, 04:14 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1233589/ip7tCn1KGSMPH.gif

Budadiiii
04-06-2013, 04:16 PM
People are jealous idiots.

Guy plays hard every single game and has never missed a game in his life.

For some reason, they think Kevin Durant would be averaging 35 ppg on 50% if he had a "true" point guard. (anyone who says this shit deserves to be tortured and killed)

This team would absolutely fail with a guy like Rondo.

I seriously see no other PG in the league doing more for this team than Westbrook.

His durability, offense, aggressiveness, energy, rebounding, defense, play making....

Seriously, this guy does it all, every game..

No James Harden? Still have the best record in the West... hmmm.. who is really more important?

Rubio2Gasol
04-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Because it's the cool thing to do?

Last night's game was a perfect example of why you can't judge Westbrook solely on the box score. I think he ended up shooting something like 9/24 and finished with 24 points. Some people will look at the box score and say he was chucking and ask why he took 3 more shots than Durant when KD was having a really efficient game. But Durant wasn't doing anything the first 1.5 quarters and OKC needed ultra-aggressive chucking Westbrook. He was relentlessly attacking the rim and putting pressure on Hibbert and the rest of the Pacers frontline. He kept OKC afloat until Durant got going midway through the second quarter.

And that's just one example. There's been plenty of other games this year and the last few years where he's done something similar, and it's kept the team in the game while Durant struggled to get going. But some people will just look at the box score, see he went something like 11/25 on a night where Durant was 13/21, and say he was chucking and hurting the team by not giving the ball to Durant more.

Westbrook giving Durant the ball is literally the most annoying thing I have ever seen. Not him passing to Durant, him looking to literally just give Durant the ball.

It's like....you coming down the court, everyone on edge because the defense knows it can't set up in time....but forget that guys.

Lets Stop 10 feet behind the key - try to force it into Durant while the his weak ass gets pushed out to the perimeter and lets have everyone else stand and watch, while he does something.

Genius offense.

red1
04-06-2013, 04:17 PM
because he embarrasses their team. big bitch brenda is the perfect example of this

Budadiiii
04-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Westbrook giving Durant the ball is literally the most annoying thing I have ever seen. Not him passing to Durant, him looking to literally just give Durant the ball.

It's like....you coming down the court, everyone on edge because the defense knows it can't set up in time....but forget that guys.

Lets Stop 10 feet behind the key - try to force it into Durant while the his weak ass gets pushed out to the perimeter and lets have everyone else stand and watch, while he does something.

Genius offense.
That's not his fault in the slightest. Scott Brooks condones this activity.

kells333
04-06-2013, 04:19 PM

Lol

tikay0
04-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Because he's just not likeable.

NewYorkNoPicks
04-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Because hes Steve Francis

Budadiiii
04-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Because he's just not likeable.
No, the socially awkward dude who has been medically cleared to play for months who refuses to even give it a shot is not likable.

The guy who says shit like "It's in God's hands" is not likable.

The dude who refuses to play until he is "110%" is not likable.

The dude who couldn't pass high school without cheating is not likable.

Westbrook? Dude who earned everything he has, couldn't dunk until his senior year in high school, was barely recruited out of high school, worked his ass off and became a lottery pick, and now plays the game hard every single night with no excuses and is loyal to his team and franchise... yah, that guy seems pretty likable...

Or at the very least, respected... I could understand him getting on peoples nerves with his relentless energy and charisma on the court.. but you have to respect him, or you're a "hater" plain and simple.

tikay0
04-06-2013, 04:30 PM
No, the socially awkward dude who has been medically cleared to play for months who refuses to even give it a shot is not likable.

Westbrook? Dude who earned everything he has, couldn't dunk until his senior year in high school, was barely recruited out of high school, worked his ass off and became a lottery pick, and now plays the game hard every single night with no excuses and is loyal to his team and franchise... yah, that guy seems pretty likable...

Or at the very least, respected... I could understand him getting on peoples nerves with his relentless energy and charisma on the court.. but you have to respect him, or you're a "hater" plain and simple.

budaiiii: :cry: :rant :banghead:

:oldlol:

RR#9
04-06-2013, 04:30 PM

:oldlol: Their expressions are priceless

Mr. NBA
04-06-2013, 04:33 PM
The hate on Westbrook isnt his attitude or anything. I actually like how he is so cocky and somewhat immature. He doesnt put on a facade for the media like all the other players do. I think he can be so much better than he is though. If he is hot, he can hit everything. But he doesnt realize that some days he doesnt have it. He still goes 1 - multiple too much. He doesnt have numbers and forces shots. Thats the only problem, he forces too much.

tikay0
04-06-2013, 04:37 PM
The hate on Westbrook isnt his attitude or anything. I actually like how he is so cocky and somewhat immature. He doesnt put on a facade for the media like all the other players do. I think he can be so much better than he is though. If he is hot, he can hit everything. But he doesnt realize that some days he doesnt have it. He still goes 1 - multiple too much. He doesnt have numbers and forces shots. Thats the only problem, he forces too much.

He wants to be the man so badly, at the detriment to the team, and players surrounding him.

Selfish, and disgusting.

red1
04-06-2013, 04:40 PM
He wants to be the man so badly, at the detriment to the team, and players surrounding him.

Selfish, and disgusting.
:ohwell:

Quintilianus
04-06-2013, 04:44 PM

I always looked at your posts about rose at laughed, now that I realized you really believe this sh*t i feel awkward for you.
If you had ever torn an ACL you knew that even after you're cleared to play by the doctors, you can have pain, and Rose himself has said, that he still has pain in his knee.

I doubt that Westbrook has worked hard. I mean, he definately worked hard for his athleticism, but he has practically no fundamentals, and that's tragic for a point guard.
He also has character issues, and is a very selfish player.
He would be a great SG, but he can't be a decent point guard. I really think that he's hated for playing out of his position, but that's not his choice. So basically, he's hated for what he cannot choose.

Budadiiii
04-06-2013, 04:47 PM
I always looked at your posts about rose at laughed, now that I realized you really believe this sh*t i feel awkward for you.
If you had ever torn an ACL you knew that even after you're cleared to play by the doctors, you can have pain, and Rose himself has said, that he still has pain in his knee.

I doubt that Westbrook has worked hard. I mean, he definately worked hard for his athleticism, but he has practically no fundamentals, and that's tragic for a point guard.
He would be a great SG, but he can't be a decent point guard. I really think that he's hated for playing out of his position, but that's not his choice. So basically, he's hated for what he cannot choose.
1 post in, and you're already the biggest moron on the site.

Congrats, idiot.

Quintilianus
04-06-2013, 04:51 PM
1 post in, and you're already the biggest moron on the site.

Congrats, idiot.
That's it? Two insults in two sentences and absolutely no arguments? You are one intelligent human being I must say.

tazb
04-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Because he's an inefficient chucker, (i.e Kobe Bryant). Although, he is the best player on his team, I give him credit for that.:applause:

Budadiiii
04-06-2013, 04:59 PM
That's it? Two insults in two sentences and absolutely no arguments? You are one intelligent human being I must say.
What's to argue about? You have your opinion, I have mine.

I'm not going to get into some flame war with some dude who thinks he should be a SG. You don't watch enough of his games. (inb4 you claim to watch plenty)

You don't understand what he does for the Thunder. You're ignorant.. and have a narrow minded view on the position.. that's fine.

Have fun with it.

LongLiveTheKing
04-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Westbrook plays hard every night! He had one of the best Finals game in Game 4. Respect his hard work ethic, he's never missed a game. His celebrations are funny, and his attitude on the court is something to be praised.

FreezingTsmoove
04-06-2013, 05:05 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Vragrant
A chucker with bone headed decision making.

Its pretty simple.

Quintilianus
What's to argue about? You have your opinion, I have mine.

I'm not going to get into some flame war with some dude who thinks he should be a SG. You don't watch enough of his games. (inb4 you claim to watch plenty)

You don't understand what he does for the Thunder. You're ignorant.. and have a narrow minded view on the position.. that's fine.

Have fun with it.
So let me get this clear, you attack me with words like idiot and moron and now you're saying is alright, everybody has their own opinion.
Well since you wrote inb4 I can't claim that I have watched plenty of OKC's games, so I probably won't do that.
So wait, you just said everybody has their own opinion, and you're calling me narrow minded and ignorant just because... my opinion doesn't compliment your opinion? Again, you're one intelligent human being, I applaud your logic which has absolutely no flaws. Keep up the good work

FreezingTsmoove

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Quintilianus
04-06-2013, 05:06 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol: :oldlol:
I should have probably written words "on fundamentals" in the end of the sentence, since none of you bother to read the sentence that comes after.

FreezingTsmoove
04-06-2013, 05:06 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

WHO THE **** IS THIS NEWGUY HE'S HILLARIOUS!!!! :cheers:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Keep bringing the Lols bro

FreezingTsmoove
04-06-2013, 05:08 PM
I should have probably written words "on fundamentals" in the end of the sentence, since none of you bother to read the sentence that comes after.

:roll: :roll: :roll: The guy who dropped what 40? In the NBA finals has no fundamentals! :lol

The guy who was a top 5 pick in his draft class has no fundamentals :oldlol: :oldlol:

The guy who is the 2nd option on his team that consistently wins games with a dumbass coach has no fundamentals :applause:

FreezingTsmoove
04-06-2013, 05:10 PM
No fundamentals and doesn't work hard! :oldlol:

I mean why doesn't every athletic non hardworking basketball player just come in the league and become an all star! Hell I might do it if its that easy! :oldlol: :oldlol:

:applause:

FreezingTsmoove
04-06-2013, 05:10 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Budadiiii
04-06-2013, 05:13 PM
So let me get this clear, you attack me with words like idiot and moron and now you're saying is alright, everybody has their own opinion.
Well since you wrote inb4 I can't claim that I have watched plenty of OKC's games, so I probably won't do that.
So wait, you just said everybody has their own opinion, and you're calling me narrow minded and ignorant just because... my opinion doesn't compliment your opinion? Again, you're one intelligent human being, I applaud your logic which has absolutely no flaws. Keep up the good work
Maybe I should mention that you misspelled 'definitely' in your first post.

You're so smart man. Look at you go!

I said there's no point in arguing with you because our opinions will not change. Does that make you less of an idiot? No.

You're still a dipshit moron.. but I just decided to lay off and let you go on your way... but it looks like you want to be some kind of e-intellectual tough guy... but you're just coming off as a try hard dweeb...

keep up the bad work.

Quintilianus
04-06-2013, 05:16 PM
He dropped 40 in the finals? Oh wow, can you remind me what was the outcome of that game? Exactly.
I doubted that people would argue the no fundamentals part, it's really obvious if you actually have watched any of WB's games you'd see that he constantly gets off of the wrong leg, takes the most idiotic pull up mid range jumpers in the transition and always shouts at his teammates for his own mistakes. Again, I have nothing against the man himself, he seems like a fun guy to have on your team if he's placed correctly. Of course, with a mediocre coach like that, he plays out of his position, and therefore often has a negative impact on the game.

La Frescobaldi
04-06-2013, 05:16 PM

Quintilianus mi frater,
Moneo vitare usum magnus verbis de InsideHoops. Adolescentulus hic guys saepe et maiore ex semi-litteram subiectum.

Accipe securus, amice tu plus fun!
~ ~ Fresco

FreezingTsmoove
04-06-2013, 05:22 PM
He dropped 40 in the finals? Oh wow, can you remind me what was the outcome of that game? Exactly.
I doubted that people would argue the no fundamentals part, it's really obvious if you actually have watched any of WB's games you'd see that he constantly gets off of the wrong leg, takes the most idiotic pull up mid range jumpers in the transition and always shouts at his teammates for his own mistakes. Again, I have nothing against the man himself, he seems like a fun guy to have on your team if he's placed correctly. Of course, with a mediocre coach like that, he plays out of his position, and therefore often has a negative impact on the game.

Love how you ignored all my other posts :applause:

Also the thread is about Westbrook so who gives a shit about the outcome of the game? If KD showed up to the 4th quarter maybe they would have one.

:oldlol: 23 pts a game 7.5 assists but no fundamentals :oldlol:

HiphopRelated
04-06-2013, 05:24 PM
He sabotages the team as much as he helps them

Budadiiii
04-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Everything in your post is stupid, but these stand out for me.

You clearly don't watch Thunder games, and if you do, then you're a confirmed moron.

He always yell at his teammates? Man, I must be missing something. He occasionally gets heated and yells at someone for not shooting an open jump shot, but accusing him of "always yelling at teammates for his mistakes" proves you have an agenda.

Often has a negative impact? Don't know where to start, so I won't even start. You're an idiot. Thanks for proving it to everyone.

tazb
04-06-2013, 05:27 PM
He sabotages the team as much as he helps them

OKC without Westbrook wouldn't be contenders.

Quintilianus
04-06-2013, 05:30 PM
All of your other posts are full of laughing animations and repeating the same shit you've already said, what's there to reply to?

"Also the thread is about Westbrook so who gives a shit about the outcome of the game?" I loved this sentence, absolutely loved it. This shows so much about your understanding of the game.

jjayfive
04-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Westbrook is a baller, but I don't like his demeanor on the court.

All Net
04-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Because its the easy thing to do..

DuMa
04-06-2013, 05:36 PM
because these fools are jealous of westbrook's swagger.

KG215
04-06-2013, 05:37 PM

Selfish, and disgusting.
So much so, that OKC's only managed to win 71% of their games the last three seasons.

tikay0
04-06-2013, 05:46 PM
So much so, that OKC's only managed to win 71% of their games the last three seasons.

They'd be champs if he wasn't such a chucklehead. Rose and Durant on the same team wouldn't even be fair. Rose would allow Durant to be the beast that he is, and look for him, at every opportunity, unless the defense dictated that he get his.

Westbrook on the other hand, doesn't care what the D gives him, and could care less where Durant is. He goes chuck mode from the jump.

He's a truly disgusting individual.

FreezingTsmoove
04-06-2013, 05:47 PM
All of your other posts are full of laughing animations and repeating the same shit you've already said, what's there to reply to?

"Also the thread is about Westbrook so who gives a shit about the outcome of the game?" I loved this sentence, absolutely loved it. This shows so much about your understanding of the game.

:oldlol: your the one who thinks an all star, olympic guard doesn't practice hard or have any fundamentals :oldlol: Shows your understanding of the game bro :lol

Quintilianus
04-06-2013, 05:48 PM
:oldlol: your the one who thinks an all star, olympic guard doesn't practice hard or have any fundamentals :oldlol: Shows your understanding of the game bro :lol
:facepalm

FreezingTsmoove
04-06-2013, 05:49 PM

GOT EMMMMMMMMM :rockon:

ISH arguments won: 4 to 1

FreezingTsmoove
04-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Although it was a pretty easy one to win your a complete dumbass who should be removed from this forum immediately

KG215
04-06-2013, 05:52 PM
They'd be champs if he wasn't such a chucklehead. Rose and Durant on the same team wouldn't even be fair. Rose would allow Durant to be the beast that he is, and look for him, at every opportunity, unless the defense dictated that he get his.

Westbrook on the other hand, doesn't care what the D gives him, and could care less where Durant is. He goes chuck mode from the jump.

Almost every single word of this post is ignorant.

zizozain
04-06-2013, 05:58 PM
1- welcome to ISH
2- please do not feed the trolls

Graviton
04-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Do you hope people will look back on your game and say the same thing, like, "That guy did not conform -- he did his thing."

"I don't know, man. The position, everybody plays it different. Everybody has their own style. According to the media, I guess, there's a specific type of point guard. But I don't think that's necessarily true. I think, however you get it done, just get it done. That's it."

How can you hate on the realest guy in NBA, up there with Kobe.

Dodonpa9
04-06-2013, 06:08 PM
these ppl ain't got no respect for WB :mad: :mad:
but fuuuck dat, westbrook ain't give a damn. he gon do westbrook.

Jahova
04-06-2013, 06:09 PM
I love Westbrook. Don't understand the hate either

BasedTom
04-06-2013, 06:16 PM
He's not a traditional PG. He takes a lot of shots that he probably shouldn't take. He seems to have a douchey personality too

I'll admit that I'm rooting against him but make no mistake, the kid can ball.

http://i.imgur.com/YxuKMfR.jpg

red1
04-06-2013, 06:17 PM

how fcuking dumb are you?

tikay0
04-06-2013, 06:20 PM
how fcuking dumb are you?

Says the Raptors fan. :applause:

red1
04-06-2013, 06:36 PM
:pimp: Yes I am a raps fan. Doesnt change the fact that you typed up a garbage post with no relevance to the truth

SillyRabbit
04-06-2013, 06:39 PM

Lmao at not having a comeback so instead you start attacking the poster for the team he cheers for.

Strong argument.

tikay0
04-06-2013, 06:39 PM
:pimp: Yes I am a raps fan. Doesnt change the fact that you typed up a garbage post with no relevance to the truth

I give a Miami Heat bandwagon fan more credence than a Raptors fan. :oldlol:

JK.

Budadiiii
04-06-2013, 06:40 PM
I give a Miami Heat bandwagon fan more credence than a Raptors fan. :oldlol:

JK.
Worst post in ISH history.

edit: gay white text...

LongLiveTheKing
04-06-2013, 06:41 PM

Westbrook>Rose

Westbrook put up 40+ points against the Heat in the playoffs while Drose choked the series away by missing countless FTs in the '11 ECF.

imdaman99
04-06-2013, 06:43 PM
silky and brenda are known trolls. goatbrook makes ppl on the internet angry :rockon:

Quintilianus
04-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Westbrook>Rose

Westbrook put up 40+ points against the Heat in the playoffs while Drose choked the series away by missing countless FTs in the '11 ECF.

When was the last time DR had Durant on his team?

Budadiiii
04-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Westbrook>Rose

Not to mention.. the guy is the most durable player in the league.

That's gotta count for something, right? Rose being absent with injuries has deflated his team's chances two years in a row. That's 2 years the Bulls will never get back. And he may never be the same again...

Westbrook > Rose is basically a fact.

Legends66NBA7
04-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Probably won't repeat the same things that have already been said since they are more or less true.

I can see why on ISH people bash him just because of his obnoxious stans. It's not as heavy as the ones of Bryant, James, Jordan, etc... but it's there as the new group, along with the Irving and Rose stans.

Overdrive
04-06-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm not going to get into some flame war with some dude who thinks he should be a SG.[...]

He played SG for UCLA, though.

Graviton
04-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Probably won't repeat the same things that have already been said since they are more or less true.

I can see why on ISH people bash him just because of his obnoxious stans. It's not as heavy as the ones of Bryant, James, Jordan, etc... but it's there as the new group, along with the Irving and Rose stans.
Irving and Rose stans vanished though, their idols just didn't have Cyborgbrook's durability to stay relevant by actually playing on the court. Hence why the Westbrook hate comes from mentally fragile stans of other players that are just jealous :oldlol:

Goatbrook stans will always be around as long as Russ the Machine continues to show up and perform every night.

Notorious D.M.C
04-06-2013, 07:34 PM
to quote a Menace II Society line..people hate him because he's

"young, black, and didn't give a f*ck"

people just don't like how "cocky" he is but everyone should respect him. He plays hard every single game and always plays his style. HE doesn't care what anyone else thinks.

You know what you are getting with Westbrook with other players sometimes they take games off

jzek
04-06-2013, 07:40 PM
I like Westbrook. He's the only player who can limit Durant to under 30 a game.

willds09
04-06-2013, 07:42 PM
People hate guessbrook but not as much as melo, itz krazy how people can't stand him :facepalm

knicksman
04-06-2013, 09:06 PM
durant with westbrooks attitude= michael jordan. I actually like his attitude. What I dont like is him wasting possession because of bad shots. But I think this duo can win once they get a rebounding big like chandler/noah.

Psycho
04-06-2013, 09:18 PM
I like Westbrook. He's the only player who can limit Durant to under 30 a game.

Old joke, not funny. Westbrook is integral to the Thunder, Durant needs another high usage player who can create to be as effective as he is.

Kujo
04-06-2013, 09:30 PM
I have no issue with Westbrook's cockiness. I only take issue with his slot selection, and decision making. His basketball IQ. His attitude sucks at times as well (like the blow up on the bench after a disagreement with a team-mate (I think it was Ibaka) earlier in the season when they had a huge lead).

Dodonpa9
04-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Old joke, not funny.
old joke, still relevant like a resonant

Blingster
04-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Not liking him and not respecting him are two different things.

Do I like Westbrook? no

Do I respect him? Hell yes.

He is an unconscious scorer.. no second thoughts if he's 0-7, he will still shoot and find him self 14-21.. the dude is just nuts when he is in the zone, sometimes to his teams detriment.

Psycho
04-06-2013, 09:38 PM
old joke, still relevant like a resonant

Not relevant. Durant is just not the type of player that can consistently carry a team through volume scoring (ie Kobe/Iverson). He is more the type that chooses and picks his spots and scores in an extremely efficient fashion.

Westbrook allows Durant to play the way he wants because Westbrook can create offensive opportunities on the possessions where KD is getting bodied or is struggling. Even if Westbrook wasn't on the team KD would not be scoring much more, maybe 2-3 ppg more on worse efficiency.

DaSeba5
04-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Not liking him and not respecting him are two different things.

Do I like Westbrook? no

Do I respect him? Hell yes.

He is an unconscious scorer.. no second thoughts if he's 0-7, he will still shoot and find him self 14-21.. the dude is just nuts when he is in the zone, sometimes to his teams detriment.

Exactly my thoughts

GOATbrookisGAWD
04-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Because GOATbrook is a fierce warrior that any team would wish they had. Best PG in the league by far.

Budadiiii
04-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Because GOATbrook is a fierce warrior that any team would wish they had. Best PG in the league by far.

The army is coming in strong.

GOATbrookisGAWD
04-06-2013, 10:43 PM

The army is coming in strong.

A man such as GOATbrook is the type to lead a large army. He has the courage, determination and lead by example attitude needed to succeed. He will have his army of fans soon enough when he wins a FMVP by destroying the defense of the Heat.

Ballin095
04-06-2013, 11:01 PM
A man such as GOATbrook is the type to lead a large army. He has the courage, determination and lead by example attitude needed to succeed. He will have his army of fans soon enough when he wins a FMVP by destroying the defense of the Heat.

:biggums:

Psycho
04-06-2013, 11:03 PM

Good, this place can use more Westbrook stans to counterbalance all the Lebron/Kobe ones.

GOATbrookisGAWD
04-06-2013, 11:09 PM
:biggums:
What? He breaks the oppositions defense better than anyone in the league with his inhumane athleticism and quickness. This will be the main reason OKC destroy the Heat this year.

tikay0
04-06-2013, 11:11 PM
What? He breaks the oppositions defense better than anyone in the league with his inhumane athleticism and quickness. This will be the main reason OKC destroy the Heat this year.

Rose/Parker/CP3 are better at breaking down a defense.

GOATbrookisGAWD
04-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Rose/Parker/CP3 are better at breaking down a defense.

GOATBROOK143
04-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Best Player In The Game...

Maybe They Hate Him Because They Are Idiot :confusedshrug:

imdaman99
04-06-2013, 11:46 PM
lol the goatbrook army is here. i just hope you all are old enough to be on here (no age restrictions i know)

big goatbrook fan here too :cheers:

GOATbrookisGAWD
04-06-2013, 11:59 PM
lol the goatbrook army is here. i just hope you all are old enough to be on here (no age restrictions i know)

big goatbrook fan here too :cheers:
:biggums: if there was no age restriction than why wouldn't anyone be old enough to be here? :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

GOATbrook :bowdown:

Chuckbrook
04-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Chuckbrook gonna chuck

Graviton
04-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Chuckbrook gonna chuck
Wonder whose alt this is? Registration opened up I guess, time for trolls to reload. :oldlol:

Greg Oden 50
04-07-2013, 02:58 AM
I get that he doesn't make the best decisions on the court but I can see why his personality might offend a lot of people but the guy is clearly one of the hardest working players in the league. I personally praise him for his no-look-back-I-don't-give-a-shit attitude, because if anything, we need more of that in today's watered down pussified league where everyone wears a mask in front of the camera to protect their "image".

His fearlessness and determination reminds me of a young Kobe in every way and his relentless style of play makes him one of the most exciting players to watch. The dude's a baller and shows up every night and puts in 100% effort, no questions asked and yet is still hated on at every turn....it's ridiculous how disrespected he is :coleman:

ugly,cocky and Thunder is overrated :rockon:

SyRyanYang
04-07-2013, 03:06 AM
Because most posters don't really know much about basketball and watch box score more than live games.

GOATbrookisGAWD
04-07-2013, 03:33 AM
Because most posters don't really know much about basketball and watch box score more than live games.

I don't get it? Are you saying people hate on him because his box score stats aren't that impressive? Because they are..

I.R.Beast
04-07-2013, 04:22 AM

Alot of it has do do with the fact that he is a sidekick too...the sidekick gets not enough credit and alot of blame. Kobe had to deal with the same thing as shaq's sidekick. Westbroook haters ignore all the good he does to point out the 1 or 2 bad shots he takes on a ightly basis...or the 1 or 2 offensive fouls he gets called for....nitpicking the guy to death.... He dominates he's always the best PG on the floor night in and night ...defense rebounding scoring, huslte and playmaking.

Biggums
04-07-2013, 04:24 AM
he's such an off and on player sometimes, it's hard to like those kinds of. players.

KbMjLbj
04-07-2013, 04:42 AM
I don't get it? Are you saying people hate on him because his box score stats aren't that impressive? Because they are..

he's shooting 43%FG and 53%TS... those are Allen iverson-esque.
he's taking almost 1 shot more than Durant to average 5 points less. :roll:

I.R.Beast
04-07-2013, 04:46 AM
no its not...iverson shot 41% and lower even below 40%....look around the league most PG are shooting 44% and lower... James harden is only shooting 44% melo is only shooting 45%..... FG% is such an overrated stat..context is important..

KbMjLbj
04-07-2013, 04:49 AM
no its not...iverson shot 41% and lower even below 40%....look around the league most PG are shooting 44% and lower... James harden is only shooting 44% melo is only shooting 45%..... FG% is such an overrated stat..context is important..

he's taking almost 1 shot more than Durant to average 5 points less.

here's your context.

GOATbrookisGAWD
04-07-2013, 05:20 AM
While averaging 8 assists and 5 REBOUNDS as a PG! Not to mention the amount of times he breaks down the defense to get players like Durant/Ibaka/Thabo open shots, whether they hit them or not. Take the blindfold off and quit hating.

ILLsmak
04-07-2013, 05:54 AM

haha I remember that episode.

I don't think it's percentages that bother me about Westbrook. I just remember him throwing the playoffs in 11. That was a long time ago, though, but I gotta see him do his part in a series that they shouldn't win before I decide he's somehow matured.

He's a baller, but he also gets wild. I wouldn't want to play with him no matter how good he is.

-Smak

joeyjoejoe
04-07-2013, 06:41 AM
He does have some annoying stans and fg% actually matters believe it or not, go back to the finals yea had a good game 4 but is every1 forgetting game 5 with elimination on the line even with the 13 ft attempts dude went 4/20 biggest choke job I ever saw at the time even all the Okc fans were furious with him

SeattleSonics
04-07-2013, 06:51 AM
He does have some annoying stans and fg% actually matters believe it or not, go back to the finals yea had a good game 4 but is every1 forgetting game 5 with elimination on the line even with the 13 ft attempts dude went 4/20 biggest choke job I ever saw at the time even all the Okc fans were furious with him
False. Lebron 2011 was the biggest choke job. Secondly, Harden was the choke job on that team.

Chuckbrook
04-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Alot of it has do do with the fact that he is a sidekick too...the sidekick gets not enough credit and alot of blame. Kobe had to deal with the same thing as shaq's sidekick. Westbroook haters ignore all the good he does to point out the 1 or 2 bad shots he takes on a ightly basis...or the 1 or 2 offensive fouls he gets called for....nitpicking the guy to death.... He dominates he's always the best PG on the floor night in and night ...defense rebounding scoring, huslte and playmaking.
1 or 2 bad shots? :facepalm

Westbrook takes at least 6 shots bad shots per game and it's probably more than that. I can understand the shots he takes when KD's weak ass can't get open, but dribbling the ball down the court and shooting without initiating any type of offense is unacceptable. And he does this at an alarming rate. Once he decides he's going to shoot it doesn't matter how many people are open he's going to chuck it up....serious tunnel vision.

I don't think people are nitpicking him to death. Westbrook will literally cost his team the game doing some of the boneheaded shit he does. I'm sorry, but you can't overlook that kind of shit.

Rubio2Gasol
04-07-2013, 12:49 PM
1 or 2 bad shots? :facepalm

Westbrook takes at least 6 shots bad shots per game and it's probably more than that. I can understand the shots he takes when KD's weak ass can't get open, but dribbling the ball down the court and shooting without initiating any type of offense is unacceptable. And he does this at an alarming rate. Once he decides he's going to shoot it doesn't matter how many people are open he's going to chuck it up....serious tunnel vision.

I don't think people are nitpicking him to death. Westbrook will literally cost his team the game doing some of the boneheaded shit he does. I'm sorry, but you can't overlook that kind of shit.

Him attacking first thing down the court is the sole tangible form of offensive structure OKC actually has.

He needs to have better shot selection, but that does not mean not playing his game....the bad shots he takes occur when he actively attempts to feed Durant and fails.

He misses some transition pull up J's - that don't mean they're bad shots...he's up the court before everyone else...OKC's transition defense is in a good place when he takes those shots, he's probably the best in the league at it, it's a risk worth taking occasionally.

Cliff Paul
04-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Westbrook is the type of guy who doesn't give a f*ck what the critics say. And that is what admire about him. He's fearless. Like he said, if people aren't talking about you, you're doing something wrong.

Raymone
04-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Westbrook is the type of guy who doesn't give a f*ck what the critics say. And that is what admire about him. He's fearless.

That's a negative, not a positive. A great player concerns himself entirely with what people think of him. Every step he takes should be calculated with his image and reputation in mind. If you're not popular and universally loved, how can you be a great player?

Frozen1
04-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Because Durant stans can't admit he has a player of his level on his side. They have to diminish Westbrook, so they can make Durant look better. The same thing happens between Lebron fans, who says Bosh and Wade are trash.

longtime lurker
04-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Because people generally are pretty stupid

chips93
04-07-2013, 01:48 PM
That's a negative, not a positive. A great player concerns himself entirely with what people think of him. Every step he takes should be calculated with his image and reputation in mind. If you're not popular and universally loved, how can you be a great player?

i dont mean to be a dick, but i dont think i could disagree with a post more.

does tim duncan concern himself with what other think? no he just works hard on his game, on helping his team compete for titles.