PDA

View Full Version : Melo Exposes Durant's Lack of Scoring Ability

BallsOut
04-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Both put up 28 a game, however we can all tell who the better pure scorer is, the guy that doesn't need to be gifted 20 FTs to score 30 points. Hell, Melo just had 2 FTs on a late game intentional OKC foul and he has 34 points :oldlol:

BrickingStar
04-07-2013, 03:28 PM
I remember people use to argue Durant > LBJ

I.R.Beast
04-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Both put up 28 a game, however we can all tell who the better pure scorer is, the guy that doesn't need to be gifted 20 FTs to score 30 points. Hell, Melo just had 2 FTs on a late game intentional OKC foul and he has 34 points :oldlol:

29 shot attempts...smh..if they dont want durant shooting freethrows then they should stop swiping... Durant has really long arms...when you swipe you have a better chance fouling than getting the ball...

lebeast666
04-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Melo > WB > KD

KD without free throws :facepalm only other way he scores is on wide open shots

asdf1990
04-07-2013, 03:32 PM
This already happened in the finals last year, either Westbrook gets him a wide open shot or refs bail him out, his stats are inflated like crazy

DirkNowitzki41
04-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Truth. Look at that mans game log :roll:

I.R.Beast
04-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Melo > WB > KD

KD without free throws :facepalm only other way he scores is on wide open shots
wide open shots...crossover into the paint..spin moves, post ups...yeah...real idiots in here...

shady6121
04-07-2013, 03:35 PM

:lol :roll:

LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Durant

dannywpt

Well... at that time, right around one year ago, KD was playing extremely well. Nowadays he's just stumbling into people and getting questioable (at best) bailout foul calls.

It somehow seems he has gotten significantly weaker and more clumsy with his body/frame during the last 12 months. And even though he has a 50/40/90 season, I'm not so sure he's having a much better season than last year.

lebeast666
wide open shots...crossover into the paint..spin moves, post ups...yeah...real idiots in here...

That result in going to the line to shoot free throws, not even trying to get it in the net :confusedshrug:

juju151111
04-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Well... at that time, right around one year ago, KD was playing extremely well. Nowadays he's just stumbling into people and getting questioable (at best) bailout foul calls.

It somehow seems he has gotten significantly weaker and more clumsy with his body/frame during the last 12 months. And even though he has a 50/40/90 season, I'm not so sure he's having a much better season than last year.
Come back around playoffs time and ask that question

SilkkTheShocker
04-07-2013, 03:37 PM

After the Thunder won game 1 of the Finals, there were people already trying to say KD was top 10 all time. Its amazing how much his image has changed since then.

dunksby
04-07-2013, 03:38 PM
KD>>>>Melo

juju151111
04-07-2013, 03:39 PM
After the Thunder won game 1 of the Finals, there were people already trying to say KD was top 10 all time. Its amazing how much his image has changed since then.
Your changing a opinion after one game through. Durant avg 7.6 fts last year and scored 28 ppg. Lets not get out of control here.

SilkkTheShocker
04-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Your changing a opinion after one game through. Durant avg 7.6 fts last year and scored 28 ppg. Lets not get out of control here.

I didn't change my opinion about anything. I just never bought Durant overtaking LeBron for best player in the league anytime soon.

I.R.Beast
04-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Durant is still a better/more efficient scorer than melo. Give the knicks credit...they trapped KD most of the night. Anyone saying all he does is shoot freethrows on open jumpers clearly don't watch him play. Durant breaks defender down off of the dribble with regularity to get into the paint.

bluechox2
04-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Melo: pull up, step back, drive, rebound & tap, hit the 3, cross over, spin, fade away, back down, reverse, dunk

durant: FT, FT ,FT

Straight_Ballin
04-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Don't get all excited. Let's wait for the season to end and see who's going to be on top. Too many dumbasses on here are making false predictions and looking like morons.

BallsOut
04-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Melo: pull up, step back, drive, rebound & tap, hit the 3, cross over, spin, fade away, back down, reverse, dunk

durant: FT, FT ,FT

:applause: :roll: :roll: :roll:

atljonesbro
04-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Durant is better than Melo at every aspect of basketball.

Scoring, Rebounding, Passing, Defending, and is more athletic.

Rysio
04-07-2013, 03:58 PM
skills>>>>>>stats :applause:

atljonesbro
04-07-2013, 04:00 PM
skills>>>>>>stats :applause:
So.... Lamarcus Aldridge>>>>>>Shaq?

Greg Oden 50
04-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Durant is better than Melo at every aspect of basketball.

Scoring, Rebounding, Passing, Defending, and is more athletic.

u forgot mention helps from the refs :roll:

Mr. Incredible
04-07-2013, 04:02 PM
:lol

tazb
04-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Been saying this for months now. Durant without his 20 free throws a game would be an average player or even a below average player in the NBA.

Rysio
04-07-2013, 04:05 PM
So.... Lamarcus Aldridge>>>>>>Shaq?
give aldrige shaqs body and he'll average 40 a game.

Frozen1
04-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Durant got exposed today, and so his fanboys. I wonder what he would be without the 10 FT per game he averages.

liquidrage
04-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Durant got exposed today, and so his fanboys. I wonder what he would be without the 10 FT per game he averages.

Only an idiot would say the 24 year old 3x defending NBA scorer champ playing in his 456th game got exposed because of one game.

Scholar
04-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Come back around playoffs time and ask that question

I don't see a question in his post... :confusedshrug:

KG215
04-07-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm not going to excuse some of the calls Durant got today, but he was being double teamed the entire game. Every time he caught the ball the Knicks sent another defender (and in some cases two defenders) at him to get the ball out of his hands. He split or dribbled through the double teams a few times and got some calls. But it was an excellent defensive gameplan by Woodson.

I only wish Brooks had done the same thing. Instead, he waited until the fourth quarter to but Durant on Carmelo, but also waited until the fourth quarter to start doubling Carmelo. I'm not as big of a Scott Brooks detractor as a lot of Thunder fans, but his decision to not double Carmelo most of the game was very head-scratching, especially considering how unbelievably hot he is right now.

Amar'e_Juwanna
04-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Been saying this for months now. Durant without his 20 free throws a game would be an average player or even a below average player in the NBA.
laughable. KD is obviously one of the best players in this league. Melo outplayed him today, however, and the Knicks as a whole took him off of his game. Naturally Westbrook stepped up and burned the Knicks as a result.

DuMa
04-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Durant has been slumping since the All-Star break. He was playing MVP ball in the first half of the season by far. but something changed. Hes not the same. that shot has been off and he has been bailed out by the refs more times than anyone can count.

Rubio2Gasol
04-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Melo exposed the refs....not Durant.

He should have had 40 again.

Levity
04-07-2013, 04:53 PM
melo undoubtedly has a better scoring aresenal. Durant is amazing nonetheless, but this season he's been trying to be more "lebron esque" with playmaking and such.

Y2Gezee
04-07-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm not going to excuse some of the calls Durant got today, but he was being double teamed the entire game. Every time he caught the ball the Knicks sent another defender (and in some cases two defenders) at him to get the ball out of his hands. He split or dribbled through the double teams a few times and got some calls. But it was an excellent defensive gameplan by Woodson.

I only wish Brooks had done the same thing. Instead, he waited until the fourth quarter to but Durant on Carmelo, but also waited until the fourth quarter to start doubling Carmelo. I'm not as big of a Scott Brooks detractor as a lot of Thunder fans, but his decision to not double Carmelo most of the game was very head-scratching, especially considering how unbelievably hot he is right now.

There's a reason Scott didn't do that. The Knicks play to have Melo get doubled, and then that is what starts their ball movement. After the ball starts moving, somebody is usually going to get a wide open shot, maybe even Tyson at the rim. The Knicks not only play 4 shooters with Melo at the 4, they play 4 guys that can drive, make plays, and run the pick and roll as well. What we're seeing from the Knicks now with Shumpert and Prigioni playing big roles in handling the ball and hitting open shots, is small ball at it's best.

And one thing that can't be overlooked is how physical Carmelo can be downlow. He's necessarily playing out of position, he can play with PFs on the boards, and defending them.

Where as OKC if you get the ball out of Durant or Westbrook's hands, they generally still want to play one on one ball with who ever catches it.

atljonesbro
04-07-2013, 05:31 PM
give aldrige shaqs body and he'll average 40 a game.
I'm assuming you didn't get much education. Shaq much less skilled still 100x the player aldridge ever was. And you're Melo d1ck riding ass trying to act like Durant isn't skilled.... 7 footer who plays like kobe yeah not skilled.

Plus Melo hasn't scored more than Durant in 5 years and has had worse percentages. Nothing to back Melo is a better scorer at all.

maybeshewill13
04-07-2013, 05:32 PM
LOL at these idiots. "Derp I wander where KD would be if he never shot free throws" :biggums:

I wander where Lebron would be if he had to play on one leg. Or how Kobe would do if he wasn't aloud to shoot jumpers..

****ig idiots :facepalm

Ikill
04-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Durant is still a better/more efficient scorer than melo. Give the knicks credit...they trapped KD most of the night. Anyone saying all he does is shoot freethrows on open jumpers clearly don't watch him play. Durant breaks defender down off of the dribble with regularity to get into the paint.
Durant is a more consistent and efficient scorer but Melo at his best is a more dominant scorer than Durant at his best IMO.

Amar'e_Juwanna
04-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Durant is a more consistent and efficient scorer but Melo at his best is a more dominant scorer than Durant at his best IMO.

this.

Patrick Chewing
04-07-2013, 05:59 PM

Some of you are sooo in denial. Melo does all of the things you mentioned too, but better. Melo has a history of owning KD straight up.

maybeshewill13
04-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Some of you are sooo in denial. Melo does all of the things you mentioned too, but better. Melo has a history of owning KD straight up.
Lol settle down man. Us OKC fans want Melo to play well and NY to come out of the east and beat Miami. We want an easy finals series after all :cheers:

I.R.Beast
04-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Consistency is dominance my friend... I like Melo, i am by no means a hater, but I am just a realist... Melo has a nastier inside game under the rim and back to the basket, but durant has Melo in the bag every where else. However i will admit that Melo gets mugged more than any other superstar in the league and doesn't get calls that should be made.

SevereUpInHere
04-08-2013, 02:20 AM
LOL at these idiots. "Derp I wander where KD would be if he never shot free throws" :biggums:

I wander where Lebron would be if he had to play on one leg. Or how Kobe would do if he wasn't aloud to shoot jumpers..

****ig idiots :facepalm

:rolleyes:

Admit it, Durant gets more help from the refs than any other player in the league. It happened when we played you last time too.

esiotrot
04-08-2013, 02:27 AM
If you give Melo KD's free throws, his scoring average goes up by about 1 point.

maybeshewill13
04-08-2013, 02:29 AM
:rolleyes:

Admit it, Durant gets more help from the refs than any other player in the league. It happened when we played you last time too.
Knick fan.

I.R.Beast
04-08-2013, 02:31 AM
If you give Melo KD's free throws, his scoring average goes up by about 1 point.

if Durant takes 5 more shots to get up to 23 a agme he's averaging about 3-5 more points...whats your point?...People act as though durant is taking so many more FTs that guys like Lebron and Wade have never been taking at some point in their career.

SevereUpInHere
04-08-2013, 02:32 AM
Knick fan.

What's your point? You're a Thunder fan arguing for Durant...

luckylucy
04-08-2013, 02:36 AM
Non FT points>

KD 14
Melo 33

:D

esiotrot
04-08-2013, 02:41 AM
if Durant takes 5 more shots to get up to 23 a agme he's averaging about 3-5 more points...whats your point?...People act as though durant is taking so many more FTs that guys like Lebron and Wade have never been taking at some point in their career.

My point is that people are acting like Melo would be sooo much better than Durant if he had his free throws, but when you do the math, it's not actually like that

dh144498
04-08-2013, 02:44 AM

weren't you the one who said Lebron was already a top 5 player of all time even after his disappearance in the 2011 finals? :oldlol:

ksr90
04-08-2013, 02:46 AM
Durant is tied for 2nd in the league in FTA's and 1.6 more than Melo. Overexaggeration its it finest. That's less than 1 more trip to the foul line than him. Now if KD wasn't a .90% FT shooter, people wouldn't even make a big deal of this.

Durant is still a better player than Melo, one game doesn't change it one bit.

LilEddyCurry
04-08-2013, 02:55 AM
Durant makes all his dam free throws too :banghead:

LilEddyCurry
04-08-2013, 02:58 AM
weren't you the one who said Lebron was already a top 5 player of all time even after his disappearance in the 2011 finals? :oldlol:
Says the guy with ripthekik as his idol :lol