PDA

View Full Version : Clippers now straight up run LA easily with no threat of being overtaken

Pacers4ever
04-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Share your thoughts with us Clippersfan86

PJR
04-07-2013, 05:59 PM
When Kobe retires, the Clippers will run LA County and Orange County no doubt. Jim Buss is going pummel the Lakers into the ground.

Quizno
04-07-2013, 06:00 PM
they're a better team for sure...but they'll never run LA. if you're not from here you can't comment on this :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
04-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Well, until Paul decides to leave... which could be this off-season.

PJR
04-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Well, until Paul decides to leave... which could be this off-season.

He's not leaving. There's a higher probability that Dwight leaves the Lakers, than Paul leaving the Clippers.

Heavincent
04-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Besides Kobe, the Lakers organization is in shambles. He's pretty much the only guy keeping them from completely falling apart.

Pacers4ever
04-07-2013, 06:10 PM
they're a better team for sure...but they'll never run LA. if you're not from here you can't comment on this :oldlol:
THEY RUN LA

wakencdukest
04-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Congrats to the clippers, It only took them 30 years. I remember the year they got farther in the playoffs than the Lakers, with Elton Brand and Co. Clipper fans were talking so much shit, then what happened? 7 or 8 more years of mediocrity. Last I heard, Donald Sterling still owns the team, so don't be surprised when it all implodes. They got a nice team, Lets see if they can hold it together for a few years before we start calling them the kings of LA.

oh the horror
04-07-2013, 06:35 PM
OP comparing a team doing better in a season to their counterpart having 16 titles? That's lol worthy

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-07-2013, 06:37 PM
THEY RUN LA

I'm a Clippers fan AND this is absurd. :oldlol:

9erempiree
04-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Congrats to the clippers, It only took them 30 years. I remember the year they got farther in the playoffs than the Lakers, with Elton Brand and Co. Clipper fans were talking so much shit, then what happened? 7 or 8 more years of mediocrity. Last I heard, Donald Sterling still owns the team, so don't be surprised when it all implodes. They got a nice team, Lets see if they can hold it together for a few years before we start calling them the kings of LA.

It's 43 years.

wakencdukest
04-07-2013, 07:09 PM
It's 43 years.

I was just counting the years since they've been in LA. Technically, they did run Buffalo and San Diego since they were the only team there.

Scholar
04-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Someone let me know when the Clippers have

16 titles
32 conference titles
23 division titles (yay! They have 1! Only 22 more to go!)
And 9 retired jerseys with 4-5 of them being considered top 10-15 players all-time.

alleykat
04-07-2013, 07:31 PM
LA will always be laker territory...even when they aren't a threat they are always relevant.....

Clippers well, they got a lot of catching up to do if they wanna even be compared in terms of franchises

D.J.
04-07-2013, 07:32 PM
The Clippers didn't run LA in '06 and they never will. The Lakers have too much history and too large a fanbase for the Clippers to be LA's team.

daily
04-07-2013, 07:35 PM
this. Clippers could win the west 5 more times and they''d still be second page news.

There will be more articles and more coverage about the Lakers losing then there will be about the Clippers winning.

Just how it is. People can pretend or deny it's the truth all they want but they're just in denial. Lakers own LA, then the Dodgers, Kings and Angles... Clippers are down there somewhere after Trojan football around the Galaxy Soccer team

dbk123
04-07-2013, 07:58 PM
I think its too early to say. If the clippers win a championship within the next few years than it would be fair to say that they run LA for the time being.

Fiasco
04-07-2013, 09:22 PM
When you win 1 division title in 42 years you're not running anything.

Useless thread.

longtime lurker
04-07-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm a Clippers fan AND this is absurd. :oldlol:

My condolences

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-07-2013, 09:39 PM
My condolences

Hey, I'm not complaining. We've kicked your hero's ass all season. :pimp:

qrich
04-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Chris Paul*

Fixed.

daily
04-07-2013, 11:19 PM
When you win 1 division title in 42 years you're not running anything.

Useless thread.

Hard to believe they've been in LA for nearly 30 years now. Remember going to games in the Sports Arena with my dad

clipps
04-08-2013, 01:25 AM
LA will always be a Lakers town, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just think it's ironic that most of the Clipper bandwagon fans are disgruntled Laker fans.

bukowski81
04-08-2013, 01:34 AM
If I had to bet I would bet that the Lakers win their next championship before the clippers win their first.

bdreason
04-08-2013, 02:26 AM
He's not leaving. There's a higher probability that Dwight leaves the Lakers, than Paul leaving the Clippers.

I think they're both leaving, but we'll have to wait and see.

senelcoolidge
04-08-2013, 04:24 AM
Someone let me know when the Clippers have

16 titles
32 conference titles
23 division titles (yay! They have 1! Only 22 more to go!)
And 9 retired jerseys with 4-5 of them being considered top 10-15 players all-time.

Typical laker fan response which means nothing right now. Clippers will run L.A. Sure maybe there will be more laker fans, but the Clippers will be the team there. laker fans can continue to live in the past. What happened yesterday doesn't matter today or tomorrow.

talkingconch
04-08-2013, 04:32 AM
the clippers are not that great and will be a second round exit and they can never run LA with 0 ships, 0 conference titles

orlando swept the lakers in the 2009 reg season and the lakers finished them off in 5 in the finals

clippers just got lucky with cp3 after the vetoed trade to, you guessed it, the lakers

lakers have cap space in about a year so all this talk will be fun while it lasted for clippers bandwagoners

stay low and mad

mjokc
04-08-2013, 04:39 AM
I compare the Clippers / Laker rivalry to my Sooners and the OSU Cowboys. The Sooners (Lakers) are the best team in the state / city. When someone thinks of football in Oklahoma, they think of the Sooners. The OSU Cowboys are the little brother and will always be little brothers. Sure they get a good team once every 10 or 15 years and beat the Sooners when they are down but they are still the little brother. The Lakers are just down at the moment and will resume whooping the Clippers asses soon enough. BTW, I'm in no way a Laker fan but I have to give respect when it's due. The Clippers better enjoy beating them right now because they know that daddy will be home soon.

TheCalmInsanity
04-08-2013, 07:48 PM

Respect

This is what everyone needs to understand. Historically, the Clippers don't run LA. As of right now? Yeah sure. But you have to keep up the winning or it's just a one or two good years run.

And this is coming from a Clippers fan.

oh the horror
04-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Typical laker fan response which means nothing right now. Clippers will run L.A. Sure maybe there will be more laker fans, but the Clippers will be the team there. laker fans can continue to live in the past. What happened yesterday doesn't matter today or tomorrow.

This sounds like something a kid would say. Sorry bro, but it sports you're comparing an infant (clips) to a grown man (lakers)

Read up on your bball history, get your shit together and come back to all of us when you know.

And if you are a grown man then wow

scm5
04-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Laker fan here, gotta give the Clippers respect. They've got a fantastic team this year.

lakerspng
04-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Clippers don't even run their own home games. This is the Lakers town and will be for a long while yet. lakers would need 2-3 decades of mediocrity in tandem with the Clippers winning a dozen championships for it to switch... so basically the Clippers would have to switch places with teh Lakers for 30 years.... yeah. Good for the Clippers, they're having a solid season, but give me a break.

senelcoolidge
04-09-2013, 05:21 AM
This sounds like something a kid would say. Sorry bro, but it sports you're comparing an infant (clips) to a grown man (lakers)

Read up on your bball history, get your shit together and come back to all of us when you know.

And if you are a grown man then wow

I'm a history buff. Learning about things in the past is interesting. You can learn from the past..you should. But all of that tradition and stuff is irrelevent to what's going on right now. It's nice to reminisce over the lakers past wins, but right now they are losers and the future is the Clippers.

Sparts Arwell
04-09-2013, 05:49 AM
Clippers don't even run their own home games. This is the Lakers town and will be for a long while yet. lakers would need 2-3 decades of mediocrity in tandem with the Clippers winning a dozen championships for it to switch... so basically the Clippers would have to switch places with teh Lakers for 30 years.... yeah. Good for the Clippers, they're having a solid season, but give me a break.

Just because thats been the outcome for 30 years doesnt mean it would take that long for loyalties to switch. Especially in a city like Los Angeles? Hell if this role swapping continues for just one more year I bet you'll start seeing the Clippers move ahead in the popularity poles. People in LA will just give their allegiances a plastic surgery makeover, to match with the rest of themselves.

MiseryCityTexas
04-09-2013, 06:45 AM
I think the Grizzlies, Spurs and Thunder will knock them out of the play-offs.

MJ(Mean John)
04-09-2013, 06:49 AM
Share your thoughts with us Clippersfan86

F.uck you OP.

Can't make that statement after only one season. Especially since it isn't over and lakers sneaking in the 8th seed and upsetting SA and clips losing first round can still happen.

What if CP3 doesn't resign, and Blake Griffen turns into Andrew Bynum?

Don't jump the gun

senelcoolidge
04-09-2013, 02:32 PM
I think the Grizzlies, Spurs and Thunder will knock them out of the play-offs.
LoL, Grizzlies. How many times do the Clippers have to beat the grizzlies for people to realize that the Clippers can beat them. Do they have to do it 100 times. Funny.

Ballin416
04-09-2013, 02:58 PM
F.uck you OP.

Can't make that statement after only one season. Especially since it isn't over and lakers sneaking in the 8th seed and upsetting SA and clips losing first round can still happen.

What if CP3 doesn't resign, and Blake Griffen turns into Andrew Bynum?

Don't jump the gun

Its over man, Jazz just need to go 2-2 to force Lakers to go 4-1. They gonna miss it by 1 game and become the biggest letdown in NBA history.

If Kobe was half the player you all play him off to be, then he should lead YMCA scrubs to the playoffs especially since he had a relatively healthy season.

gts
04-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Via ESPN radio today,

The other night the Lakers played in Portland, the game was shown on the Lakers channel, a channel available to most but not all Laker fans in LA

The Clippers played the Timber Wolves in LA, the game was on Fox Sports. a station available to all of LA

Both the Dodgers and Angles were in action too.

The Lakers had the highest rated show in primetime of all shows on TV. They also had a higher market share than the Dodgers, Angles and Clippers COMBINED

Here's the best for last, the Lakers post game show also had a higher rating than the Dodgers, Angels and Clippers combined.

Who owns LA?

theBIGjabroni
04-12-2013, 10:06 PM
clippers leader gets booed in la

SpecialQue
04-12-2013, 10:20 PM
I can't believe so many people are taking this thread seriously.

SpecialQue
05-04-2013, 01:11 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/934840_10151631878947223_529074869_n.png

:coleman:

daily
05-04-2013, 01:13 AM
I'm a history buff. Learning about things in the past is interesting. You can learn from the past..you should. But all of that tradition and stuff is irrelevent to what's going on right now. It's nice to reminisce over the lakers past wins, but right now they are losers and the future is the Clippers.

LoL, Grizzlies. How many times do the Clippers have to beat the grizzlies for people to realize that the Clippers can beat them. Do they have to do it 100 times. Funny.

:lol

Genaro
05-04-2013, 01:14 AM
Nice bump.

Mr. Jabbar
05-04-2013, 01:15 AM

the future of line fishing

imnew09
05-04-2013, 02:59 AM

:bowdown: :bowdown:

dbk123
05-04-2013, 03:03 AM
this is an epic bump:bowdown:

Fudge
05-04-2013, 03:05 AM
:roll: :roll:

G-Funk
05-04-2013, 03:07 AM

http://memecrunch.com/meme/4NEB/clippers/image.png

Allstar24
05-04-2013, 03:24 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

shady6121
05-04-2013, 03:30 AM
:lol :roll:

PickernRoller
05-04-2013, 07:01 AM
I hope all Laker fans treat our new PG with respect this coming season. As you'll know Paul will be signing with the Lakers this off-season.

retaxis
05-04-2013, 07:03 AM
I hope all Laker fans treat our new PG with respect this coming season. As you'll know Paul will be signing with the Lakers this off-season.
Only way he signs if Dwight stays and they get rid of Pau/Artest etc. Otherwise Paul isn't going to a lottery team without dwight.