PDA

View Full Version : Melo> Durant - Deal With It

LosBulls
04-07-2013, 06:06 PM
It's always been that way and always will be. Carmelo Anthony is the most underrated player in the NBA and if LeBron never existed Melo would be the undisputed #1 right now.

And to add on top of that Durant has a better team than Melo. Melo played fantastic with Allen Iverson but Durant isn't man enough to take the ball away from Westbrook.

Hope to see Knicks Vs Thunder in the Finals so that Melo can get that ring. Take a seat, weak ass Durant.

Heavincent
04-07-2013, 06:09 PM
I think Melo has been better for a decent portion of the season.

tmacattack33
It's always been that way and always will be. Carmelo Anthony is the most underrated player in the NBA and if LeBron never existed Melo would be the undisputed #1 right now.

And to add on top of that Durant has a better team than Melo. Melo played fantastic with Allen Iverson but Durant isn't man enough to take the ball away from Westbrook.

Hope to see Knicks Vs Thunder in the Finals so that Melo can get that ring. Take a seat, weak ass Durant.

:biggums:

Melo played turrible with Iverson.

Also, LOL at this. OKC has no incentive right now to win...their reward for winning would be a punishment - they'd get to play the lakers in round one if they finish first seed.

Boomerang
if Lebron has never existed :oldlol:

O_City_Thunder
:durantunimpressed:

steve franchise
04-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Is that why Melo got bounced in the first round last year and Durant was playing in the NBA finals?

Meticode
if Lebron has never existed :oldlol:
No one was takling about LeBron.

PJR
Is that why Melo got bounced in the first round last year and Durant was playing in the NBA finals?

This.

Nash
04-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Oh please, Melo is not underrated. He has not shown the league any type of winning mentality. Durant leads his team to NBA finals and the OKC is always a top team. Melo is basically T-Mac without all the horror injuries.

KG215
04-07-2013, 06:11 PM
I think Melo has been better for a decent portion of the season.
What decent portion of the season would that be? Because their season numbers beg to differ. I won't deny Melo isn't better than Durant right now, and admit he outplayed Durant today, but that doesn't men he's been better than Durant all season.

Meticode
04-07-2013, 06:12 PM
No, they play on these things called "teams". One player doesn't account for the whole "team".

Do you understand now?

PJR
04-07-2013, 06:16 PM
No, they play on these things called "teams". One player doesn't account for the whole "team".

Do you understand now?

Carmelo has been on some pretty solid teams in his career, and has the worst playoff record winning percentage in the last two decades. When you're a franchise caliber talent, at some point you gotta be held accountable.

Carmelo is on a nice little stretch right now, and he's played great this year, but let him accomplish something.

steve franchise
04-07-2013, 06:17 PM

Do you understand now?

Is that why Melo has made it past the first round only once in his almost 10 years in the league?

LosBulls
Did the Thunder face the Heat in the 1st round, r3tard? If I remember correctly Knicks lost to the same team the Thunder did.

On top of that, Half the team was injured including Jeremy Lin, Knicks had Coaching problems, Chemistry Problems, and key players like Jason Kidd were not on the roster.

And for those saying Melo is another T-MAC, I guess you forgot about 2009.

Byobob
No one was takling about LeBron.

I think he was just quoting OP's post. :confusedshrug:

Ikill
04-07-2013, 06:19 PM

Melo played turrible with Iverson.

Also, LOL at this. OKC has no incentive right now to win...their reward for winning would be a punishment - they'd get to play the lakers in round one if they finish first seed.
He had his most efficient season playing with Iverson

Patrick Chewing
04-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Is that why Melo has made it past the first round only once in his almost 10 years in the league?

I thought he just answered that question. :rolleyes:

steve franchise
04-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Did the Thunder face the Heat in the 1st round, r3tard? If I remember correctly Knicks lost to the same team the Thunder did.

On top of that, Half the team was injured including Jeremy Lin, Knicks had Coaching problems, Chemistry Problems, and key players like Jason Kidd were not on the roster.

And for those saying Melo is another T-MAC, I guess you forgot about 2009.

Melo is better than Durant. Is that why Melo's team finished with a worse record and almost last in the Eastern and thus had to face tougher competition in the first round?

kNicKz
04-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Melo is better than Durant. Is that why Melo's team finished with a worse record and almost last in the Eastern and thus had to face tougher competition in the first round?

because the thunder and knicks have the same roster

LosBulls
04-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Re-Read my previous reply, I think you either have some type of mental retardation or are just talking out your ass because you didn't see any Knicks games last season.

Amare was just injure multiple times throughout the season, Remember this thing called Linsanity? Yeah...it was this time when so many player son the roster were injured so they had to play some chinese scrub on the bench and he blew up ad basically secured them a spot in the playoffs.

Then when Melo came back from injury there were Chemistry problems since he was not used to Lin handingling the ball.

So please, refrain from speaking in a subject you know nothing in.

steve franchise
04-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Re-Read my previous reply, I think you either have some type of mental retardation or are just talking out your ass because you didn't see any Knicks games last season.

Amare was just injure multiple times throughout the season, Remember this thing called Linsanity? Yeah...it was this time when so many player son the roster were injured so they had to play some chinese scrub on the bench and he blew up ad basically secured them a spot in the playoffs.

Then when Melo came back from injury there were Chemistry problems since he was not used to Lin handingling the ball.

Cool analysis bro. Now analyze the other 8 seasons in which Carmelo didn't make it past the first round.

LosBulls
04-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Cool analysis bro. Now analyze the other 8 seasons in which Carmelo didn't make it past the first round.
I'll do it if you pay me.

millwad

Hi, you are fat.

SilkkTheShocker
Durant takes his teams to the WCF and Finals. Melo's teams get destroyed in the 1st round.

kNicKz
04-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Durant takes his teams to the WCF and Finals. Melo's teams get destroyed in the 1st round.

Melo has been to the WCF...

inb4 "billups was the star" :roll:

Droid101
04-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Although I disagree completely, it is funny that joyner is nowhere to be found lately. :D

LosBulls
04-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Hi, you are fat.
Hi, you have no life.

Y2Gezee
04-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Best 3 players in the NBA are the 3 best SFs. I got hella negged for making that statement. Still is a true statement.

steve franchise
04-07-2013, 06:32 PM
I'll do it if you pay me.

You're the one who started this thread saying Melo's always been better than Durant.

Analyze the other 8 seasons.

SilkkTheShocker
04-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Melo has been to the WCF...

inb4 "billups was the star" :roll:

Billups was the one getting MVP votes for that team.

LosBulls
04-07-2013, 06:35 PM
You're the one who started this thread saying Melo's always been better than Durant.

Analyze the other 8 seasons.
By telling me to analyze those 8 seasons you are telling me

"I don't know jackshit about Melo or the teams he has played for so I look at the numbers and statistics and claim something stupid straight out of my ass without even watching any games to back these claims up"

steve franchise
04-07-2013, 06:40 PM
By telling me to analyze those 8 seasons you are telling me

"I don't know jackshit about Melo or the teams he has played for so I look at the numbers and statistics and claim something stupid straight out of my ass without even watching any games to back these claims up"

No analyzes, as expected.

upside24
04-07-2013, 07:40 PM
I can understand someone thinking that Melo is better. When he is rolling it is almost impossible to stop him. I enjoy watching Melo more than Durant because he can get hot quick and have 20+ points in a quarter.

Melo and the Iceman share the record for most points in a quarter with 33.
His scoring ability is second to none, including Durant. The only thing that makes me think Durant is better is his consistency.

ThatsGame
04-07-2013, 07:55 PM
I can understand someone thinking that Melo is better. When he is rolling it is almost impossible to stop him. I enjoy watching Melo more than Durant because he can get hot quick and have 20+ points in a quarter.

Melo and the Iceman share the record for most points in a quarter with 33.
His scoring ability is second to none, including Durant. The only thing that makes me think Durant is better is his consistency.

The only reason Durant appears consistent is because he gets 20 free throws a game which are a much higher percentage shot then regular fg's.

Durant isn't good, he's just babied by the refs. Pure and simple.

LeBron is GOOD. Melo is GOOD. These are players that SCORE with SKILL and POWER. Durant just jerks his arms like a baby and gets a whistle and points.

KG215
04-07-2013, 08:09 PM
The only reason Durant appears consistent is because he gets 20 free throws a game which are a much higher percentage shot then regular fg's.

LeBron is GOOD. Melo is GOOD. These are players that SCORE with SKILL and POWER. Durant just jerks his arms like a baby and gets a whistle and points.
That took a lot of courage. Most people don't have the balls to just come out like that and expose themselves as being so ignorant.

Haks
04-07-2013, 08:13 PM
That took a lot of courage. Most people don't have the balls to just come out like that and expose themselves as being so ignorant.
Are you saying Durant doesn't get phantom calls?

KG215
04-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Are you saying Durant doesn't get phantom calls?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm so glad you were able to read a post where I said nothing even remotely close to that, read between the lines, and were able to dig deep enough to figure out what I was really saying.

Haks
04-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm so glad you were able to read a post where I said nothing even remotely close to that, read between the lines, and were able to dig deep enough to figure out what I was really saying.
:wtf: I meant in a general sense...

Segatti
04-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Durant is a bad player because he knows how to explore the rules :rolleyes:

upside24
04-07-2013, 08:40 PM

I agree Durant shoots a ton of freebies and gets calls that Melo doesn't, but heis still an elite player and scorer. I hate the swinging of his arms on drives and the rip through move, but he is taking advantage of how he is reffed.

If Melo got the superstar calls as often as Durant has all season he could have cracked the 30 mark and had the scoring title locked up.

thabisyo
04-07-2013, 08:42 PM

:roll:

Damn, don't murder him like that :lol

Notorious D.M.C
04-07-2013, 08:56 PM
we'll see who gets further in the playoffs

atljonesbro
04-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Just a question what part of basketball is Melo better at: Scoring? Nope. Rebounding? Nope. Passing? Nope. Defense? Nope. Athleticism? Nope. KD is far and away the better player.

KDnRuss350
04-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Just a question what part of basketball is Melo better at: Scoring? Nope. Rebounding? Nope. Passing? Nope. Defense? Nope. Athleticism? Nope. KD is far and away the better player.
Ths is how these thins go. Carmelo has one of his insanely hot stretches, and now he's doing it in New York, so the media and Knicks fans explode and lose their shit, and start claiming things like Carmelo is better than Durant.

Even with this absurd stretch (and I can't help but watch in and awe and be impressed) Carmelo is still putting up 28-7-2.5 on 45/38/83 shooting. And despite all that, and even with a month long "slump" (by Durant's standards) he's still averaging 28-8-4.5 on 51/41/91 shooting.

Fudge
04-07-2013, 09:44 PM
:oldlol:

iDunk
04-07-2013, 10:24 PM
No, it was because Durant had a better supporting cast & is a much more favored player by the NBA which is referenced by the amount of calls he gets.

Melo won the same amount of games against the champions in the playoffs as Durant did putting up arguably better numbers. Having Baron Davis & Landry Fields start for you wasn't helping the Knicks' cause last season..

ThatsGame
04-07-2013, 10:26 PM

That didn't take much at all, it's like you just ignored watching the games and choose to pit yourself against me with a corny line because you're insecure about the actual facts and don't want to admit I'm right.

Ps. Your sock account is a joke too.

Xiao Yao You
04-07-2013, 10:38 PM
How is someone that is considered one of the best players in the game when he's just the latest in a long line of high scoring small fowards underrated?

Durant is a special talent. Carmelo is not.

2010splash
04-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Knicks in the Finals? :oldlol:

But Melo does deserve credit at least for not needing 15 FTA during his scoring outbursts at least.

jimmy77x
04-07-2013, 10:40 PM
How is someone that is considered one of the best players in the game when he's just the latest in a long line of high scoring small fowards underrated?

http://i.imgur.com/eK3lisP.gif

Y2Gezee
04-07-2013, 10:48 PM

Carmelo quite possibly has acquired the most complete package of offensive skills this game has ever seen. Ultimate weapon.

All time elite post game in terms of SFs at least (but maybe overall).

Lightning fast release.

One of the best first steps in the league.

Spin moves from the post or the drive.

Counters that integrate all of these skills. As in he can begin his first step and turn it into a quick pull up seemlessly.

Ikill
04-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Melo is a better ball handler slasher post player faceup player better passer better offensive rebounder and he's stronger and quicker. Melos supporting cast is worse than Durant he's also had to deal with more injuries despite that the Knicks are still the 3rd best offence in the NBA

ksr90
04-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Carmelo is a borderline top 5 player. Durant's been the 2nd best player right behind Lebron the last 2 years. Not even this little hot streak is gonna change that.

Kingwillball
04-07-2013, 11:25 PM
I think this Thread should be Bumped a month or so from now.If I was asked this question at the all star break I would say it is Clear cut Durant but now Durant has come back to the pack a bit and Melo has had maybe his best stretch of his career with Individual play plus team success. Melo and Durant are alot closer than Durant and Lebron as Far as who is better that is for sure. Lebron has separated himself from the pack like Secretariat in the Belmont stakes.

nyKNICKSjets
04-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Carmelo quite possibly has acquired the most complete package of offensive skills this game has ever seen. Ultimate weapon.

All time elite post game in terms of SFs at least (but maybe overall).

Lightning fast release.

One of the best first steps in the league.

Spin moves from the post or the drive.

Counters that integrate all of these skills. As in he can begin his first step and turn it into a quick pull up seemlessly.
I'd like to add his ability to follow up so many of his shots and make baskets on second or third attempts.

avonbarksdale
04-07-2013, 11:35 PM
melo is so sick

jimmy77x
04-07-2013, 11:37 PM
I think this Thread should be Bumped a month or so from now.If I was asked this question at the all star break I would say it is Clear cut Durant but now Durant has come back to the pack a bit and Melo has had maybe his best stretch of his career with Individual play plus team success. Melo and Durant are alot closer than Durant and Lebron as Far as who is better that is for sure. Lebron has separated himself from the pack like Secretariat in the Belmont stakes.

Are you a homosexual? Serious question. There is no way a grown man (presuming you are one) should be this much in love with another grown man that you dont even know without being sexually attracted to Men.

Kingwillball
04-08-2013, 02:05 AM
Are you a homosexual? Serious question. There is no way a grown man (presuming you are one) should be this much in love with another grown man that you dont even know without being sexually attracted to Men.

Serious Answer NO Far From it.. This Backdoor has a No entrance sign. In fact I am Married to a Woman if U really need to know. Finally, U Kobe Stans are ALOT worse than any Lebron fans cause U think he does no wrong. At least I criticize Lebron when he deserves it but my answer had nothing wrong with it TBH as I was stating my Opinion( which happens to be the truth) Comparing Lebron, Durant and Melo as Players.

jimmy77x
04-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Serious Answer NO Far From it.. This Backdoor has a No entrance sign. In fact I am Married to a Woman if U really need to know. Finally, U Kobe Stans are ALOT worse than any Lebron fans cause U think he does no wrong. At least I criticize Lebron when he deserves it but my answer had nothing wrong with it TBH as I was stating my Opinion( which happens to be the truth) Comparing Lebron, Durant and Melo as Players.

Thats good to know :lol and im not a kobe stan.

uber
04-08-2013, 12:01 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7t09naUfc1r4ekd0o1_500.jpg

tontoz
04-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Melo is a better ball handler slasher post player faceup player better passer better offensive rebounder and he's stronger and quicker. Melos supporting cast is worse than Durant he's also had to deal with more injuries despite that the Knicks are still the 3rd best offence in the NBA

Did you really just say Melo is a better passer? He would rather pass a stone than pass the ball.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-08-2013, 12:19 PM
No he isn't. People once again overreacting to a hot stretch of games. And i really like Melo.

DaSeba5
04-08-2013, 12:23 PM
I like Melo and he's an elite player, but I think Durant is the 2nd best player in the NBA.

LosBulls
04-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Melo is a FAR better scorer and rebounder. Carmelo Anthony's defense is underrated, he has a strong body and is hard to back down in the post while Durant is just tall and lanky.

JoHnNyBoXeR
04-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Durant may average more rebounds but hes not the better rebounder.. melo gets way more importants rebounds on the offensive glass and follows wit a bucket

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Let's see if Melo can get out of the first round for like the 2nd time in his career before we start making those claims.

Shooting 42% for his career in the playoffs doesn't help his argument either.

If Melo wants to be known as an elite player or on the Durant level....he needs to start playing a lot better in the playoffs.

The Playmaker
04-09-2013, 12:38 AM
Melo is more fun to watch but Durant is better. Durant scores in such ugly fashion that it is really hard to watch whereas Melo scores in really flashy ways. The comparison is closer this year than it has been in the past few years but Durant is still better.

Young X
04-09-2013, 12:45 AM
Dude might not even better than Westbrook.
How do you lead the league in shot attempts and average only 2.5 assists?