PDA

View Full Version : When will Lakers fans start blaming Kobe?

tazb
04-07-2013, 06:39 PM
- Piss poor defense the whole game.
- Shot 31%, only had 25 points cause of some bailout calls that resulted in free throws.
- 4 turnovers.
- Played hero-ball/ChuckBe mode in the fourth quarter.

So Lakers fans have blamed every single person - Mitch, Gasol, Dwight, garbage bench, MWP, D'Antoni...except Kobe.

9erempiree
04-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Kobe is the reason why it was a pretty close game in the 1st half.

It basically would have been a blowout without him as I predicted a Lakers' loss today.

It was an expected loss but Kobe pretty much made the game entertaining.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Careful tazb, Kobe fans are a sensitive bunch. :lol Inb4 "5ringz"

truhooper
04-07-2013, 06:44 PM
kobe fans would punch their grand mom before they criticize kobe :facepalm

dbk123
04-07-2013, 06:45 PM
**** u ******. 5 ringzzz

shady6121
04-07-2013, 06:45 PM
It's not really anyone's fault because both Kobe and this team in general are too old to contend. I think after next season it's time for Kobe to retire.

Heavincent
04-07-2013, 06:48 PM
He doesn't get blamed because he's the only real reason they're even contending for playoff position.

Vertical-24
04-07-2013, 06:48 PM
- Shot 31%, only had 25 points cause of some bailout calls that resulted in free throws.
- 4 turnovers.

So Lakers fans have blamed every single person - Mitch, Gasol, Dwight, garbage bench, MWP, D'Antoni...except Kobe.

I've blamed Kobe countless times and will continue to blame him whenever he deserves it. Kobe shot like sh*t today, but he also created some great opportunities for his teammates. He made some brilliant plays this game. Unlike the Washington and Milwaukee games, I don't believe it was strictly Kobe who lost it for us.

If we were getting stops, we weren't scoring. If we were scoring, we weren't getting stops. We were inconsistent on both sides of the ball.

Dwight and Pau played great basketball today. I do wish Dwight was more aggressive on the boards. But offensively and defensively, he played great.

We hustled today, but we didn't convert on some opportunities we just should have. Kobe got lost on D way too much today as well. He fell asleep on Barnes down the stretch almost continually. That's been one of my biggest gripes with him this season. He tends to fall asleep or come in too late on rotations. But he's also expending a lot of energy on running our offense. 45 minutes is A LOT for any player. And to do that for 4 consecutive games is impressive, so it makes a lot of his lack of energy understandable.

I have no problem criticizing any of my team's players when they need to be. Kobe isn't exempt from anything.

no pun intended
04-07-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't understand how others don't see D'Antoni as the prime,deserving scapegoat in this.

G-Funk
04-07-2013, 06:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0JAFd.jpg

tikay0
04-07-2013, 06:51 PM
:oldlol: :roll: blame Kobe? You think Laker fans will ever blame Kobe??? Keep dreaming.

The-Legend-24
04-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Take Kobe off this team, and we're talking about a 20 win team at the most.

Haymaker
04-07-2013, 06:53 PM
I'm gonna blame Mike D'Antoni for not being able to coach a team with so much concentrated talent. Kobe has always been Kobe, not matter what and he's won 5 rings being himself. Kobe haters has been blaming him for everything since he came into the league.

Scholar
04-07-2013, 06:54 PM
LAKER FAN CLEARLY FAULTS KOBE AS A PROBLEM FOR A LOSS (http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294150)

Vertical-24
04-07-2013, 06:55 PM
:oldlol: :roll: blame Kobe? You think Laker fans will ever blame Kobe??? Keep dreaming.

I've been negged countless times by so-called "Lakers" fans for criticizing Kobe. A good fan isn't afraid to tell the truth. I will always support my team's players, especially Kobe, but if Kobe messes up then Kobe messes up. Kobe is my favorite player and I think that is also part of the reason why I am critical of him, unlike ISH's supposed Kobe/Laker "stans".

SilkkTheShocker
04-07-2013, 06:57 PM

Yea, sorry. No one cares about his sidekick rings as Shaq's bitch.

Scholar
04-07-2013, 07:00 PM

And only former-Cavs-fans-turned-Heat-fans care about LeBron winning a ring with two other top 15 active players.

Psycho
04-07-2013, 07:03 PM

You are the final boss of human evolution. Once you are defeated, all retardation will yield in the face of enlightenment and humanity will have a golden era of 1000 years, until you reincarnate to bring your inexorable stupidity back into the world.

no pun intended
04-07-2013, 07:10 PM
You are the final boss of human evolution. Once you are defeated, all retardation will yield in the face of enlightenment and humanity will have a golden era of 1000 years, until you reincarnate to bring your inexorable stupidity back into the world.
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/omg/grand/omg_gif_1397.gif

Vertical-24
04-07-2013, 07:11 PM

Haha :lol

Even the new guys can detect the ISH court jesters :oldlol:

dh144498
04-07-2013, 07:12 PM

:roll:

whoever's gimmick you are, you are awesome. :applause:

dh144498
04-07-2013, 07:14 PM
we blame Kobe if he does deserve the blame. The problem with these lebron stans are that they blame Kobe for every loss, then gives him no credit for any wins. Kobe's the only reason why the Lakers are even close to getting a playoff spot. Without him, Lakers are a bottom 5 seed in the league.

G-Funk
04-07-2013, 07:19 PM

http://pawsru.org/fc/thumb/fc103968_Kobe_U_Mad_Apparently_Superwoman_has_an_e yesight_ps.jpg

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-07-2013, 07:20 PM
bbbbbbbut the lakers are 1-1 without kobe this season :confusedshrug:

Legends66NBA7
Seen him being blamed enough.

Suguru101

:roll: :roll: :oldlol:

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-07-2013, 07:21 PM
:lol silk clowned once again.

wakencdukest
04-07-2013, 07:25 PM
It's a love hate relationship we Laker fans have with Kobe. I personally hate the Ball dominant shooting guard style that Jordan created. Kobe is a direct result of that influence. I hate that he gets on these shooting binges where he just chucks and chucks and chucks, even when he is ice cold. He does deserve the blame in these situations. Then again, when he takes over games because his teammates are sucking and wins games, he deserves all the applause. Its incredibly frustrating to be a Laker fan.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-07-2013, 07:28 PM
i don't mind kobe chucking when the lakers are down in the 4th qtr. he knows what needs to happen for them to come back. i have a bigger issue when the lakers are up and kobe continues/starts chucking.

DuMa
04-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Kobe is to blame if he really thinks playing the entire game without no rest is really gonna benefit this team. Its not like Mike D'antoni has the balls to bench Kobe anyway, so the blame cant go to him.

The Choken One
04-07-2013, 07:48 PM
5/7 > 1/3

dealwithit.

ispin69
04-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Let's not forget the beginning of the season where he called this STILL HIS team when they signed Dwight. Wants most of the credit if they win but not the blame if they lose.

fozi
04-07-2013, 08:47 PM
I think kobe played a good basketball game considering the workload on him..

Being 34 and still have to cover for Nash who is injured and Howard who has 4 rebounds which resulted in having 25points(tied with Howard), led team in assists and 2nd in rebounding.. Let alone playing 4 consecutive games above 43 minutes.. Had the team played better collectively this should've been a win ..

I am not here defending Kobe but you should also make some sense and honesty to evaluate a player .. I know this forum has tons of Kobe and LeBron homers who hate on the other player but there is absolutely no problem of being subjective with some realism in posts or threads :).

Quizno
04-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Kobe is to blame if he really thinks playing the entire game without no rest is really gonna benefit this team. Its not like Mike D'antoni has the balls to bench Kobe anyway, so the blame cant go to him.
seriously though, when kobe sits, who's gonna play? hate goggles off for a minute and the lakers are HORRIBLE without him. there have been some decent stretches where he didn't play but i'd say at least 75% of the time when he goes out the offense is just ice cold. the bench is incredibly thin, we can't afford to give darius morris 15 minutes of PT so kobe can rest up because that game will be a blowout

ispin69
04-07-2013, 09:01 PM
I think kobe played a good basketball game considering the workload on him..

Being 34 and still have to cover for Nash who is injured and Howard who has 4 rebounds which resulted in having 25points(tied with Howard), led team in assists and 2nd in rebounding.. Let alone playing 4 consecutive games above 43 minutes.. Had the team played better collectively this should've been a win ..

I am not here defending Kobe but you should also make some sense and honesty to evaluate a player .. I know this forum has tons of Kobe and LeBron homers who hate on the other player but there is absolutely no problem of being subjective with some realism in posts or threads :).

Oh look a new account just created with only 4 posts and knows exactly how we are. Surely you've only been lurking with the closed registration and this isn't a new troll account. Now laker stans want us to be subjective and want to use age/injuries as an excuse now.

When I called it before the season, laker fans called me "a hater, cry baby...b-b-but they're favorites to win it all and beat the heat!". Go cry somewhere else sore losers.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273960

longtime lurker
04-07-2013, 09:03 PM

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've seen written in long time.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Oh look a new account just created with only 4 posts and knows exactly how we are. Surely you've only been lurking with the closed registration and this isn't a new troll account. Now laker stans want us to be subjective and want to use age/injuries as an excuse now.

When I called it before the season, laker fans called me "a hater, cry baby...b-b-but they're favorites to win it all and beat the heat!". Go cry somewhere else sore losers.
congrats on the division title :lol

d.bball.guy
04-07-2013, 09:09 PM
When will you get Kobe out of your mind?

Sometimes he's the reason they lose when he chucks the team to a loss, sometimes he goes Godbe mode and rescue the team but all in all, it's the whole team's fault they are in this situation. Mike D is a dumbass, the front office gave that dumbass a multi-year contract, multiple injuries, no chemistry, no defense..basically a lot of reasons the Lakers are in this spot.

fozi
04-07-2013, 09:09 PM

Oh so now you judge people by their posts, nice. Its not my concern if your sensitive to other posts and being able to recall what threads you made that has been for like 5 months..

I stated my opinion, which you find offensive which i also understand because i had some girlfriends who were sensitive, I dont blame you though.. :)

eSOL
04-07-2013, 09:11 PM

Lolwut? You really think bitchPringles has the balls to bench kobe?

***** please
:coleman:

sbw19
04-07-2013, 09:14 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/setlc0opmfcl.gif

longtime lurker
04-07-2013, 09:25 PM
- 4 turnovers.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n291/aznpaolo234/opmisc.gif

tmacattack33
04-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Kobe's been decent...he started off great and has been pretty decent ever since.

He definitely deserves some blame as of late, but Dwight deserves more...and Nash for terrible defense.

lefthook00
04-07-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm ok with blaming Kobe. As the leader of the team, he must bear the responsibility of taking blame for the team's failures, whether it was his fault or not, to be able to take the credit for the team's success, whether he was the cause or not.

So yeah, you can say it was Kobe's fault.

Doctor Rivers
04-07-2013, 09:38 PM

What else do you expect from that guy? He and the OP live to hate on Kobe no matter what.

HelterSkelter
04-07-2013, 10:05 PM
ONLY REAL LAKER FANS can blame Kobe

DatAsh
04-07-2013, 10:16 PM

It's the coach's responsibility to manage the minutes of his players, not Kobe's.

Xiao Yao You
04-07-2013, 10:48 PM
He should be blamed. No way they should be in the position they are in.

thabisyo
04-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Aint happening..

no way kobe fans ever blame him or lakers for that matter. all they ever do when it comes to kobe is scream 5 rings :no:

oh the horror
04-07-2013, 11:07 PM
I know most of you aren't in LA so you have zero idea wtf you're talking about anyway but here in LA a LOT of people are calling out Kobe lately.

TonyMontana
04-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Never

Most "Laker fans" are only Kobe fans. These are the guys you see bashing Gasol after every loss when the guy brought them from irrelevant first rounder team to NBA champions.

When Kobe retires/leaves the Lakers you will probable see these same losers with LeBron/Durant avatars.

As for the real Laker fans, they've already done so.

fozi
04-07-2013, 11:15 PM

Aint happening..

no way kobe fans ever blame him or lakers for that matter. all they ever do when it comes to kobe is scream 5 rings

so mr 69, does this member lies in your category and been lurking and using a new troll account ? or is he different because he agrees with you on Bryant ?

Mr. Jabbar
04-07-2013, 11:18 PM

:oldlol:

NBASTATMAN
04-07-2013, 11:21 PM

Didn't the Lakers go 2-1 without both Kobe and Pau?

daily
04-07-2013, 11:23 PM
I don't understand how others don't see D'Antoni as the prime,deserving scapegoat in this.

He's not blame free but he's not the only reason this team struggles. There's chemistry problems and general lack of effort on many nights with this team.
You can blame MDA for some things but effort is a player problem and they've lost a ton of games because they just don't care to play 48 minutes of ball.

NBASTATMAN
04-07-2013, 11:23 PM
There are times when Kobe is the main culprit for losses by the Lakers but this isn't one of those times.. With the minutes he is playing he has to rest at one point.. He has no excuses for his defense earlier in the season though..

Gotta give him credit for being out there playing almost all 48 minutes..

Djahjaga
04-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Kobe is the reason why it was a pretty close game in the 1st half.

It basically would have been a blowout without him as I predicted a Lakers' loss today.

It was an expected loss but Kobe pretty much made the game entertaining.

Standard Kobe-stan reply. This is what the response will always be.

Not that I think Kobe was to blame for this one. Though Pau and Dwight did play well...

Myth
04-07-2013, 11:58 PM
It's the coach's responsibility to manage the minutes of his players, not Kobe's.

It is management's fault. D'Antoni wouldn't pull Kobe out against his wishes (like Phil would) for fear of being fired if Kobe gets unhappy.

no pun intended
04-08-2013, 12:00 AM
He's not blame free but he's not the only reason this team struggles. There's chemistry problems and general lack of effort on many nights with this team.
You can blame MDA for some things but effort is a player problem and they've lost a ton of games because they just don't care to play 48 minutes of ball.
One of the most vital responsibilities of a coach is creating (directly or indirectly) positive team chemistry.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Didn't the Lakers go 2-1 without both Kobe and Pau?
they lost to the suns by 20+. do you really think this team is better than the pacers without kobe and pau, tho? they might not even be better w/ those 2.

The Choken One
04-08-2013, 12:10 AM
D'antoni is the first to blame.

Can anyone who wants to blame Kobe give some solid reasons as to why to blame him? I don't think Kobe, Dwight or Pau deserve any blame for this season. Kobe has played his ass off and is scoring relatively efficiently, Dwight is boading (most nights) and playing decent defense on a team full of defensive liabilities. Pau was hurt and is being used inefficiently.

As I've always believed, it's truly hard to place a lot of blame on individual players. The team's overall chemistry and cohesiveness? Sure. It was pretty bad most of the season. Coaching + injuries made it unbearable to watch at times.

But all these stans trying to somehow back this on Kobe alone? Learn basketball kids. You're all like 15 and don't have the slightest clue due to being cut every year.

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2013, 12:32 AM
I don't think Kobe, Dwight or Pau deserve any blame for this season.

Players win in the league. Proven time and time again. Great coaches make a difference but to say that those guys dont deserve any blame is ridiculous and to put it all on the coach who took over the mess that the front office gave him isn't fair either.

fozi
04-08-2013, 01:49 AM
Players win in the league. Proven time and time again. Great coaches make a difference but to say that those guys dont deserve any blame is ridiculous and to put it all on the coach who took over the mess that the front office gave him isn't fair either.

And again to remind you, prior to the announcement of Mike being the coach he said the personnel fit perfectly with his system...

Blame is on both to be honest.. But the line-up of nash/kobe/mwp/gasol/howard didnt play enough together so thats a reason, but Mike not figuring out how to maximize his player's strengths is a bigger issue ..

He succeeded in Phoenix for a reason(which didnt translate to a ring) but he also failed in New York for a reason as well.. The reason remains the same in Lakers..

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2013, 02:17 AM
And again to remind you, prior to the announcement of Mike being the coach he said the personnel fit perfectly with his system...

What would you expect him to say? I don't want the millions of dollars that you are throwing at me even if this fails because of the shitty composition of this team?

He succeeded in Phoenix for a reason(which didnt translate to a ring) but he also failed in New York for a reason as well.. The reason remains the same in Lakers..

So called superstars? Knicks played good without Carmelo. Lakers have played well without Kobe.

MisterAmazing
04-08-2013, 02:20 AM
He doesn't get blamed because he's the only real reason they're even contending for playoff position.

ALL these :applause:

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-08-2013, 02:22 AM
What would you expect him to say? I don't want the millions of dollars that you are throwing at me even if this fails because of the shitty composition of this team?

So called superstars? Knicks played good without Carmelo. Lakers have played well without Kobe.
They're 1-1 without Kobe. They lost by 20+ to the Suns without Kobe.

Mrofir
04-08-2013, 02:31 AM
They're 1-1 without Kobe. They lost by 20+ to the Suns without Kobe.

2-1. Seriously. Goldfish memory.

You really want to count Kobe's 0-4 and some TOs?

Fine.

Here's the thing. If Kobe and Dwight form a team together, and they draft some scrubs to play alongside them, people would expect that team to make the playoffs and get to at least the 2nd round. If they cannot accomplish this, they are not superstars.

blame is a strange word but what we are seeing this season is Kobe's decline and he alluded to it early in the season with one of his first tweets. Needs to adjust his game in the offseason. Still a great player. Needs to adjust. No longer a superstar capable of carrying a team to the playoffs. Period.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-08-2013, 02:35 AM
2-1. Seriously. Goldfish memory.

You really want to count Kobe's 0-4 and some TOs?

Fine.

Here's the thing. If Kobe and Dwight form a team together, and they draft some scrubs to play alongside them, people would expect that team to make the playoffs and get to at least the 2nd round. If they cannot accomplish this, they are not superstars.

blame is a strange word but what we are seeing this season is Kobe's decline and he alluded to it early in the season with one of his first tweets. Needs to adjust his game in the offseason. Still a great player. Needs to adjust. No longer a superstar capable of carrying a team to the playoffs. Period.
so you're saying that victory over Indiana wasn't some fluke win? you really think this lakers team without kobe bryant and pau gasol are better than the indiana pacers? :lol

bdreason
04-08-2013, 02:39 AM

Replace him with $30mil worth of other players, and...

monkeypox
04-08-2013, 02:40 AM
Lol, try going on a Laker board and you'll see some have been blaming him from the beginning.

Mrofir
04-08-2013, 02:40 AM
so you're saying that victory over Indiana wasn't some fluke win? you really think this lakers team without kobe bryant and pau gasol are better than the indiana pacers? :lol

You think in black and white. I think in shades brother.

First of all with regards to dichotomous thinking I'm glad we can agree the lakers went 2-1 without kobe. Good.

To answer your question. It was not a fluke win. The offense was completely different with kobe out and looked a lot better in many ways. Everyone got touches and everyone was involved, the offense found the hot hand a hell of a lot more efficiently than it had all season.

Do I think they're better than the pacers? I don't really know. Hard to tell these things from one game. It was definitely one of their strongest wins of the season.

Do I think the Lakers are better off without kobe and pau? Hell no. But Kobe needs to figure out how to play within the flow of the offense. His inability to conform to this particular roster's needs is DEFINITELY a big part of why the team has failed this season. And it's ALWAYS the superstar's fault if the team fails. Can you imagine what would happen to lebron if he allowed this team to miss the playoffs? Cmon now. Kobe has to be at least partly responsible, and that's being kind.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-08-2013, 02:41 AM
Replace him with $30mil worth of other players, and...
they got this thing called the salary cap. maybe you should read up on it.

Mrofir
04-08-2013, 02:48 AM
they got this thing called the salary cap. maybe you should read up on it.

reading comprehension ftw

TheBigVeto
04-08-2013, 08:46 AM
When their collective IQs reach 60. Which will probably be, never.

AlphaWolf24
04-08-2013, 12:04 PM
ONLY REAL LAKER FANS can blame Kobe

ok...

" real talk"....why the Lakers lost a key game..

#1. Defensive rebounding, during some key moments in the 3rd and 4th quarters Kobe and Dwight looked confused and were not in the correct position to box out and get a rebound.

#2. Kobe at least 5 times in the 3rd and 4th quarter lost his man ( watched the ball/went under a screen) wich led to easy points. took all the momentum LA was trying to get back.

#3. Dwight Howard's post game was atrocious.....he did not look confident in any ( 1 - 2 post moves he has) of his attempt's...

#4. team defense....it just sucks.

- You are in terms correct...Kobe is the star of the team.....he is responsible for the team's pulse.

- He deserve's much of the blame...for the failures.It's on him to make sure everyone is working together and playing hard.

- He earned this responsibilty...ever since day 1 he has been going to work and putting extra time.

over 15 years he has been a NBA superstar and a leader on his teams....

it's all on him...

crisoner
04-08-2013, 12:23 PM

:bowdown:

Here come the Kobe boo birds again.
They blame everything on him and then complain when he gets all the spoils when he is successful. It is a double edge sword with this guy.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-08-2013, 12:28 PM
He's a part of the problem but it's mainly D'antoni. Missing the playoffs (or almost missing the playoffs) with a roster this talented is pathetic.

DaSeba5
04-08-2013, 12:31 PM
If they didn't have Kobe, with the injuries they've had and D'Antoni coaching, they would be the worst team in the league.

caliman
04-08-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm ok with blaming Kobe. As the leader of the team, he must bear the responsibility of taking blame for the team's failures, whether it was his fault or not, to be able to take the credit for the team's success, whether he was the cause or not.

So yeah, you can say it was Kobe's fault.

I fall into this camp as well. He made it a point to announce that it was "his team" before the season started. With that being the case, yes he needs to bear the brunt of the responsibility for "his team" playing like crap most of the year. He needs to be responsible for the poor chemistry, his complete aversion to defense, etc.

It's a superstars plight that they will get the lions share of the credit when they win. The same standard needs to be upheld when they lose. After all, no Kobe fan gave LeBron any slack for losing the 2009 ECF's with a bad roster and inferior coach, even though he played out of his mind.