PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: I post random BS without links.

Euroleague
04-08-2013, 04:38 AM
There is a rumor that the Detroit Pistons might hire Euroleague coaches Zeljko Obradovic and Dimitris Itoudis, and then build their team around a core of top Euroleague players.

coin24
04-08-2013, 04:41 AM
Fact: no one gives a shit.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-08-2013, 04:45 AM
looks like they're tanking for wiggins.

maybeshewill13
04-08-2013, 04:45 AM
Yeah, I'm sure this rumor is legit/from a legit source.. Euroleague. :rolleyes:

livingby3's
04-08-2013, 04:50 AM
Source? Marcin Gortat for Greg Monroe. Also, maybe the Pistons saw your posts and want to shut u up asap

dbk123
04-08-2013, 04:51 AM
april fools was last week *******

bdreason
04-08-2013, 05:03 AM
Toronto already tried that.

chips93
04-08-2013, 05:07 AM
NoLinksYo

Euroleague
04-08-2013, 05:07 AM
Toronto already tried that.

No they didn't. They never hired a top Euroleague coach and they didn't sign good Euroleague players other than Parker and Garbajosa.

Most of the guys they signed from Euroleague were never among the better players in Europe. And they were always using American coaches.

So no, the Raptors did NOT "already try that".

On the other hand, the Spurs have used a coach with a European background and signed some guys that were considered good in Europe and done fairly well.

Trentknicks
04-08-2013, 05:10 AM
Hahaha love the first few posts.

BTW, that team would ****ing suck Eurofag.

maybeshewill13
04-08-2013, 05:12 AM
Nice thread title OP :applause: Only problem is it should say "Fact".

esiotrot
04-08-2013, 05:13 AM
:lol Thread title

inb4 racist mods

jcsrplumply
04-08-2013, 05:16 AM
:lol

JtotheIzzo
04-08-2013, 05:23 AM
I heard Anthony Parker will be starting on the wing.

elementally morale
04-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Games are going to be played with a volleyball, too.

thabisyo
04-08-2013, 06:58 AM
Trolling the whole ISH

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

deja vu
04-08-2013, 08:06 AM
LMAO look at that title. :roll:

GOATbrookisGAWD
04-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Classic mods :applause:

treadster
04-08-2013, 08:18 AM
nice thread :applause:

nashwade
04-08-2013, 08:21 AM
It's going to be called the David Stern trophy

eriX
04-08-2013, 08:24 AM
dat title :lebronamazed:

walaladun
04-08-2013, 08:25 AM
lol at the title

Flush
04-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Do any heard of a new rumor that OP prefers boys more than girls?

WillC
04-08-2013, 08:35 AM
There is a rumor that the Detroit Pistons might hire Euroleague coaches Zeljko Obradovic and Dimitris Itoudis, and then build their team around a core of top Euroleague players.

Why did you turn into such an idiot?

I've read some of your posts in the past and you came across as articulate, intelligent and rational.

Now you come across as a loser with nothing better to do with your life than make stuff up and troll message boards.

Time to grow up, maybe?

Fiba basketball
04-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Obradovic was a guest of Pistons but I don't think he would coach them since he said he would only accept to coach playoff teams .

Euroleague
04-22-2013, 05:44 PM
OWNED

The mod a-hole that edited this post (Real Men Wear Green) now has to explain himself.

Jeff, how many freaking times are you going to allow this mod to abuse his position?

http://www.eurohoops.net/2013/04/flopping/23365

Johnny Jones
04-22-2013, 05:47 PM
:applause:

Euroleague
04-22-2013, 05:50 PM
http://www.eurohoops.net/2013/04/flopping/23365

The Detroit connection of Zoc

on April 22nd, 2013

By Rigas Dardalis

When Joe Dumars was asked in London by Greek reporters of OTE TV channel if he would hire Zeljko Obradovic as his coach, Detroit’s president of basketball operations smiled and said: “He is the best coach in the world”. For many years, Zoc was loved – and still is – as god in Athens where he coached Euroleague powerhouse Panathinaikos, and in his interviews he denied any interest to coach in the NBA.

That changed this year, as his longtime assistant, Dimitris Itoudis, convinced him to attend the training camp of Detroit. For many years, Itoudis was present in the summer leagues as a Pistons’ collaborator, but this time he had himself in the states his longtime boss and close friend. It was kind of a vacation, as he told Eurohoops, but it was also an experience that changed his mindset for the American league. He met again with Detroit, as a guest of the team, in their London game in January.

So, when Lawrence Frank was fired, many thought that Obradovic can really be an option. In his most recent interview, he said that if the NBA calls, then “I will think about it”, however, he clarified that at this point nobody has called. However, this post supports the opposite, as Zoc is presented as a prime candidate for Detroit’s bench. Since then, his agent, Alex Raskovic, denied any contact with any team, but you just can’t stop these kind of rumors with a simple denial.

Can Zoc be the new coach of the Pistons? It will be more than a risk for Detroit to hire a European head coach with no experience in the NBA, and Obradovic probably will not accept the role of assistant, as his great rival Ettore Messina did with the Lakers. The difference is that Zoc can be introduced to the American public by one of his good friends, who is none other than San Antonio’s Greg Popovich. If Pop can vouch for him, then his hiring wouldn’t be a bad idea.

After all, his closest, most dear friend and mentor, Dusan Ivkovic, was in talks back in 2002 with the Denver Nuggets, in order to be the head coach, the first European in the NBA. The deal fall apart and he decided to sign with CSKA Moscow. Maybe his brightest student, Obradovic, will have this honor.

Euroleague
04-22-2013, 05:52 PM
All the a-holes that falsely accused me of lying and making this up in this thread can own up now.

BuffaloBill
04-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Where are the negs when you need them?

ukballer
04-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Why can't you just post a ****ing link in the first place?

One time doesn't make up for countless lies and sourceless bullshit.

Euroleague
04-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Why can't you just post a ****ing link in the first place?

One time doesn't make up for countless lies and sourceless bullshit.

Look at the freaking date of that article a-hole. It is April 22nd, a full 14 days AFTER this thread was started.

I was giving you INSIDE INFORMATION

BEFORE the media was ever talking about it.

For this I was treated like a POS by this site's so-called "best moderator" and so-called "respected posters".

Grow the hell up.

ukballer
04-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Look at the freaking date of that article a-hole.

I was giving you INSIDE INFORMATION

BEFORE the media was ever talking about it.

For this I was treated like a POS by this site's so-called "best moderator" and so-called "respected posters".

Grow the hell up.

Telling me to grow the hell up when you're the one with your panties in a hunch because some random dudes on the internet are upsetting you. :oldlol:

LikeABosh
04-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Rumor: Euroleague is a fa.ggot.

*Edit: Confirmed. Source: http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/332/152/dda.png

InspiredLebowski
04-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Get a life.

Euroleague
04-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Telling me to grow the hell up when you're the one with your panties in a hunch because some random dudes on the internet are upsetting you. :oldlol:

Mods should not be allowed to screw with my threads like that when I am telling the truth and especially giving an inside info and scoop to the forum.

Then that freaking insane nut mod Real Men Wear Green comes in and screws up the thread, then because of that everyone starts trolling me and making it seem like I lied.

This crap should not be allowed here.

And you sound like an 8 year old kid.

monkeypox
04-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Wow, not a fan of Euroleague, but this has turned out pretty embarrassing for the mods on this site.

ukballer
04-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Mods should not be allowed to screw with my threads like that when I am telling the truth and especially giving an inside info and scoop to the forum.

Then that freaking insane nut mod Real Men Wear Green comes in and screws up the thread, then because of that everyone starts trolling me and making it seem like I lied.

This crap should not be allowed here.

And you sound like an 8 year old kid.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0fkg4zpTp1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Levity
04-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Euroleague = ISH's very own boy who cried wolf.

made so many troll threads, that when he actually had the inside scoop on interesting NBA/euroleague related news, no one gave a single fvck

Euroleague
04-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Euroleague = ISH's very own boy who cried wolf.

made so many troll threads, that when he actually had the inside scoop on interesting NBA/euroleague related news, that no one gave a single fvck

I never made a troll thread. It is this crazy guy Real Men Wear Green that EDITS my threads without permission and turns them into "trolling".

This whole thing has already been outed here and LOTS of other posters said he does the same thing to them.

HE is the one that is starting the troll threads. The MOD is the one doing it.

Just like he did it to this thread, which was totally legit, and then he ****ed it up and turned it into a troll thread. He does this shit over and over AND OVER AND KEEPS GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

Euroleague
04-22-2013, 06:30 PM
More proof:

http://elcontraataque.es/2013/04/22/zeljko-obradovic-candidato-para-entrenar-a-detroit-pistons-la-proxima-temporada/

Psycho
04-22-2013, 06:32 PM
mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds! Mods Are Frauds!

Psycho
04-22-2013, 06:33 PM
occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish! Occupy Ish!

KG215
04-22-2013, 06:36 PM
All the a-holes that falsely accused me of lying and making this up in this thread can own up now.
Right, because this makes up or the hundreds of other times you've lied.

outbreak
04-22-2013, 06:37 PM
But you understand why people make fun when there is no link in the original article and your a biased poster right? If every user made sourceless threads about every rumour they hear then the whole site would full of them.

Good to see a euro coach has realised if he wants to test himself and prove he is more then a women's juniors coach he needs to coach in a real league first. :P just kidding

LongLiveTheKing
04-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Rumor: Euroleague is a fa.ggot.

*Edit: Confirmed. Source: http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/332/152/dda.png
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Euroleague
04-22-2013, 06:48 PM
But you understand why people make fun when there is no link in the original article and your a biased poster right? If every user made sourceless threads about every rumour they hear then the whole site would full of them.

Good to see a euro coach has realised if he wants to test himself and prove he is more then a women's juniors coach he needs to coach in a real league first. :P just kidding

NO. I do NOT understand it. I do NOT lie. I am NOT a liar. just because maybe some people THINK (wrongly) that I am does not mean I actually am.

I am NOT a liar, it's just people that automatically want to call me a liar no matter what that are the problem.

If I was a liar, this would have been a lie. It was NOT. Nothing that I post here is a lie. NOTHING. But other people LIE LIE LIE and claim I am "lying".

You have crazy insane psychopathic liars like Grinder or gabepizza for example that lie basically EVERY time they post...........that are seen as "truth tellers" here.

The forum is ****ed up, because so many people on it can't figure out who tells the truth and who lies.

Euroleague
04-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Right, because this makes up or the hundreds of other times you've lied.

You lie just about every single time you post. YOU are a LIAR.

NOT me.

monkeypox
04-22-2013, 06:52 PM

Even if Euroleague is a shit poster, it looks pretty childish by this site to edit threads like that. It's monumentally embarrassing when someone like Euroleague can actually make someone else look like an idiot. Like seriously.

KG215
04-22-2013, 06:56 PM
You lie just about every single time you post. YOU are a LIAR.

NOT me.
There...you did it again. You lied again. You have a problem.

chosen_wun
04-22-2013, 06:57 PM
It's hilarious how terrible this community is lmao. This is fcking gold.

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Jordan Farmar just completely shut down Spanoulis in the most important game of the year:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

G-train
04-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Euroleague owned ISH in this thread whether you like it or not.

UnbiasedGuy
04-22-2013, 07:13 PM
euroleague just ethered the mods and half the userbase

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

outbreak
04-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Even if Euroleague is a shit poster, it looks pretty childish by this site to edit threads like that. It's monumentally embarrassing when someone like Euroleague can actually make someone else look like an idiot. Like seriously.
I agree with that actually, source or no source his thread shouldn't be edited like that.

Peteballa
04-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Wow, usually can't stand Euroleague but good job. Impressive. :applause: hat is off to you today, sir.

Keep up the good work.

9erempiree
04-22-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm glad people are starting to realize how pathetic it is when mods delete a thread.

To make it worse they change the titles of our threads and people have to read things out of context.

Pathetic mod, it's only one of them that does this. I am cool with the rest of them.

Euroleague
04-22-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm glad people are starting to realize how pathetic it is when mods delete a thread.

To make it worse they change the titles of our threads and people have to read things out of context.

Pathetic mod, it's only one of them that does this. I am cool with the rest of them.

The question is why does Jeff keep allowing one rogue mod to do this? I don't get what Jeff's angle is here?

Michael_Wilbon
04-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Gotta give props to Euroleague for this one :applause:

monkeypox
04-23-2013, 01:15 AM
bump, lol

HarryCallahan
04-23-2013, 02:07 AM
Euroleague>mods.

Mrofir
04-23-2013, 02:08 AM
:eek:

winnnaz
04-23-2013, 03:09 AM
Not enough red bars.....

Booz Vivic
04-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Why are there some mods who use their power to troll. This guy knows his Euroleague stuff obviously. Saw him post about the Greek-Nigerian (don't remember his name) a while ago.

Jeff must be able to see who modded this article and ban him.

Qwertyazerty
04-23-2013, 10:54 AM
When something is fair it is fair and that's it. Euroleague may be stubborn and even insulting at times for people not respecting his ideas (some of which are nonsenses), he still brings some interesting information about European basketball.

This time he deserves an apology.

Michael_Wilbon
04-23-2013, 05:20 PM
inb4 apology

LLK21
04-23-2013, 05:22 PM
This is not a rumor.

ZenMaster
04-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Why are there some mods who use their power to troll. This guy knows his Euroleague stuff obviously. Saw him post about the Greek-Nigerian (don't remember his name) a while ago.

Jeff must be able to see who modded this article and ban him.

He once said that African Americans are bigger, stronger and more athletic because they eat a lot of American chicken which is stuffed with HGH, he even made a thread about it.

monkeypox
04-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Lol, rep system is back and I get negged by someone with the spelling skills of an 5th grader. I'd almost think it was Euroleague, but then he probably likes this thread.

RRR3
04-24-2013, 05:44 PM
He once said that African Americans are bigger, stronger and more athletic because they eat a lot of American chicken which is stuffed with HGH, he even made a thread about it.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Link to thread?

Euroleague
04-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Well, maybe this has been in the works for awhile. As they have been doing a lot of research on international players.

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/Sports-IT/news/Eurobasket_latest_improvements_-_scouting_resource_for_the_NBA_teams/315216

For the first time Eurobasket opened a scouting service for the NBA teams.
We realized we had the deepest basketball database as we follow stats practically all pro and semi-pro leagues around the world.
But in a conquest to collect as much data as possible, we did not focus enough on offering it to our potential customers, who could easily utilize our resources.
However at the beginning of this season we were approached by the Detroit Pistons searching to expand their international and domestic college scouting.
The collaboration resulted with designing for them the customized system, which allows them to receive daily all data regarding all leagues and players they are interested.
Eurobasket IT manager Ernest Hertig: "It was a brand new project we have never tried before. We had to design it from scratch and I admit it took more time that we originally estimated. It did not happen without some late-night code changes including many weekends."

What data amount is required for professional team to do such deep scouting?
E.H.: "In the case of the Detroit Pistons, we managed to provide to their scouting department approximately over 60,000 files with stats data. So you can imagine how big amount it was. And U.S. pro and college is less than half of a total amount."

How complicated the project was?
E.H.: "The tests started actually many months ago. But we had to baby-sit the project until practically April to assure smooth data flow. But consider that it was the biggest amount of basketball stats data ever put in a single system and then sent. It required quite a lot of resources of our servers and coding. No one in history tried to accomplish it and we managed to succeed it.
As I know none of the NBA teams except Pistons does so in-depth international scouting, at least no other team has such amount of stats data to work with. The first year was quite challenging as we had to design practically everything. But we are also looking forward to continue that relation with the Pistons in upcoming years. But since the hardest part is designed, now it should be much easier."

So is Eurobasket involvement into NBA scouting only about providing stats?
E.H.: "Of course not. The stats were the most crucial part. However the next step is to design the system where the users can easily browse all that data. And here we are talking not just about typical basketball fan, but about the scouting staff who needs to twist stats from all possible angles. We are currently making the final tests of these tools and they will be available not just for the Pistons, but also to our other customers."
Well, thank you for a short interview and we will check the website for final launch.

-------------------------

Looks like they definitely have intent on bringing in some international players.