PDA

View Full Version : Who is dumb enough to give Dwight max?

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 06:11 AM
After he singlehandedly sabotaged the greatest franchise in NBA history, which team is dumb enough to give scrub Defensive roleplayer Howard a max contract?

esiotrot
04-08-2013, 06:12 AM
Lakers.

Noof
04-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Lakers.this

Miserio
04-08-2013, 06:46 AM
A lot of teams actually, Dwight's gonna be better next year.

thabisyo
04-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Lakers.

:lol ...... who else is stupid enough. Atleast it is not as bad as bynum

hawkfan
04-08-2013, 07:22 AM
After he singlehandedly sabotaged the greatest franchise in NBA history, which team is dumb enough to give scrub Defensive roleplayer Howard a max contract?

Don't be surprised to see the Hawks make a run at him, although I would much rather have Pekovic.

Better skilled offensive player and less baggage.

Or even Al Jefferson. Not the best defensive player, but not a locker room problem either.

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Why wouldn't a team try to max him?

He's clearly not been healthy all year and he's still giving you 17/13 and very good defense.

I see no reason why Howard wouldn't get back to something around 20/14/2 and elite defense next year.

He's been hurt...he's playing for the wrong coach...and with the wrong co-star in Kobe.

Come to Dallas...Dwight. You'll get more than 10 shots a game if you want them and you'll play with an unselfish star in Dirk and a much better coach in Carlisle.

STATUTORY
04-08-2013, 07:38 AM

He's clearly not been healthy all year and he's still giving you 17/13 and very good defense.

I see no reason why Howard wouldn't get back to something around 20/14/2 and elite defense next year.

He's been hurt...he's playing for the wrong coach...and with the wrong co-star in Kobe.

Come to Dallas...Dwight. You'll get more than 10 shots a game if you want them and you'll play with an unselfish star in Dirk and a much better coach in Carlisle.

what's dwight's game gonna look like when he's on the other side of 30 with declining athleticism? all his "blocks" are finally gonna be called goaltends and how's he gonna score playing below the rim?

dude's 3 years away from riding the bench

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 07:55 AM
what's dwight's game gonna look like when he's on the other side of 30 with declining athleticism? all his "blocks" are finally gonna be called goaltends and how's he gonna score playing below the rim?

He is not 3 years away from riding the bench. Dwight gets and deserves a lot of "hate", but he's beyond extremely durable and he's played far better this year than he gets credit for given the circumstances.

He's in a horrible postion. Terrible coach for him...and he's playing with the biggest ball hog in the league on a team that has chemistry issues and does not play to his strength. Oh, and he's been hurt all year.

Nobody can see the future, but he's definitely worth the risk.

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Don't be surprised to see the Hawks make a run at him, although I would much rather have Pekovic.

Better skilled offensive player and less baggage.

Or even Al Jefferson. Not the best defensive player, but not a locker room problem either.

As long as Al is in a different uniform next season I will be very happy!

He's in a horrible postion.

Who's fault is that? He deserves it. The guy is a piece of shit!

I<3NBA
04-08-2013, 08:42 AM
every team in the league, dumbass. ok, you wanna give up Dwight to the Heat for peanuts? be my guest.

I<3NBA
04-08-2013, 08:44 AM
then Laker fans won't mind if they trade Dwight to the Heat for Juwan Howard, won't they?

treadster
04-08-2013, 08:45 AM
:facepalm

2swift4u
04-08-2013, 08:46 AM
honestly I think Dwight is a bit overrated. I just don't think he's a winner. I don't see that in his eyes when I watch him play. But I happy if I'm mistaken and he ups the ante any time soon..

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2013, 08:49 AM
every team in the league, dumbass. ok, you wanna give up Dwight to the Heat for peanuts? be my guest.

Wrong. His stock has definitely dropped dramatically. He'll still get max from some dumb ass but many teams wouldn't touch him now.

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 08:49 AM

Because he's been a team cancer for the past 3 years, first the two year Dwightmare in Orlando, then the one year Dwightmare in LA.

To compound with his problems of mental weakness in big moments on the court, he isn't even delivering defensively these days either.

He might never return to full health and even if he does it's clear that he's not good enough to be a first option on offense. Probably a 3rd option at best.

He is also 28 so it's not like he's a young guy who's going to improve his game. He should be in his prime but this season was his worst ever. He is inconsistent and the biggest moaner in the NBA off the court. What has he ever done to deserve a max contract? DpotY? Dikembe Mutumbo used to win those too, he had better offensive game the Dwight and was never a max player.

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 08:52 AM

That's a lie right there. His defense has been distinctly average Kendrick Perkins level. Guys like Mario Chalmers and Luke Ridnour have no fear at all driving into a lane with Dwight staring them down. Seems like the intimidation factor has completely disappeared, probably because the whole league knows that Dwight is soft and bitchmade and doesnt like how he sold out all his Orlando teammates.

Technical Lead
04-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Dwight will get a max anywhere he goes right now

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Because he's been a team cancer for the past 3 years, first the two year Dwightmare in Orlando, then the one year Dwightmare in LA.

To compound with his problems of mental weakness in big moments on the court, he isn't even delivering defensively these days either.

He might never return to full health and even if he does it's clear that he's not good enough to be a first option on offense. Probably a 3rd option at best.

He is also 28 so it's not like he's a young guy who's going to improve his game. He should be in his prime but this season was his worst ever. He is inconsistent and the biggest moaner in the NBA off the court. What has he ever done to deserve a max contract? DpotY? Dikembe Mutumbo used to win those too, he had better offensive game the Dwight and was never a max player.

28 is way too young to be worried about an age decline.

And since Dwight has started to look healthier...his defense has noticeably improved. I'd guess that playing for a coach that actually cared about defense might help as well...but just a guess.

My point is simple. Even with everything. Hurt, terrible coach, ball hog Kobe, bad chemistry...etc. He's still producing on the court...and getting better as he looks healthier.

I don't think it is crazy to think Dwight on a team that actually played defense and featured him more with a solid coach would be a max worthy player in this league. He's definitely worth the risk.

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 09:03 AM
28 is way too young to be worried about an age decline.

And since Dwight has started to look healthier...his defense has noticeably improved. I'd guess that playing for a coach that actually cared about defense might help as well...but just a guess.

My point is simple. Even with everything. Hurt, terrible coach, ball hog Kobe, bad chemistry...etc. He's still producing on the court...and getting better as he looks healthier.

I don't think it is crazy to think Dwight on a team that actually played defense and featured him more with a solid coach would be a max worthy player in this league. He's definitely worth the risk.
You don't watch Lakers.

"Ballhog Kobe" has been in pass first Assistbe mode for the last 40-50 games. In the beginning of the season him and Nash would constantly try to feed Dwight with easy buckets and pick and rolls. Dwight has brick hands and doesn't know how to set a screen properly or roll off it properly so this didn't work. Nash and Kobe would always post up Dwight and he'd just get hacked and brick freethrows or turn it over, or pass out of single coverage.

Dwight to this day still gets loads of touches, he just doesn't shoot alot because he has no offensive game.

Watch games, don't just look at stats.

28 is not too young in Dwight's case, considering his whole game is based around athleticism and he has below average skills and fundamentals to fall back on, combined with mental weakness.

Not to mention Dwight has shown no signs of maturing. Carmelo Anthony has not even done half as much bullshit as Dwight has in his career and has three times as much talent, but the media shits on melo for being a bad attitude locker room diva, and the media and fans and everyone else give Dwight a free pass and the benefit of the doubt no matter what he does or how many teammates and coaches he stabs in the back.

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 09:07 AM
You don't watch Lakers.

"Ballhog Kobe" has been in pass first Assistbe mode for the last 40-50 games. In the beginning of the season him and Nash would constantly try to feed Dwight with easy buckets and pick and rolls. Dwight has brick hands and doesn't know how to set a screen properly or roll off it properly so this didn't work. Nash and Kobe would always post up Dwight and he'd just get hacked and brick freethrows or turn it over, or pass out of single coverage.

Dwight to this day still gets loads of touches, he just doesn't shoot alot because he has no offensive game.

28 is not too young in Dwight's case, considering his whole game is based around athleticism and he has below average skills and fundamentals to fall back on, combined with mental weakness.

I do watch the games. And Kobe is not the kind of player that Dwight should be playing with. I don't say "ball hog" as a negative...Kobe is a ball hog. Just a fact. He's a ball hog that has played the role of distributor well at times this year...very well lately. But it just isn't a good pairing imo.

All I can say is I really freaking hope Howard comes to Dallas. We'll take him. You guys fill the void some other way.

ILLsmak
04-08-2013, 09:09 AM

What is the "Dwightmare" this year other than LA losing?

-Smak

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 09:09 AM
I do watch the games. And Kobe is not the kind of player that Dwight should be playing with. I don't say "ball hog" as a negative...Kobe is a ball hog. Just a fact. He's a ball hog that has played the role of distributor well at times this year...very well lately. But it just isn't a good pairing imo.

All I can say is I really freaking hope Howard comes to Dallas. We'll take him. You guys fill the void some other way.
Kobe the ballhog AKA the man who shaq said was the best player at getting him the ball exactly where and when he wanted it that Shaq has ever played with his entire career-and he played with Nash, Rondo and Lebron.

So this same Kobe who Shaq called the best player at feeding him can't get Dwight the ball in the right spots?

It's more that Dwight can't operate when the entire offense isn't based around him and he isn't surrounded by 4 long distance shooters spacing the floor.

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 09:11 AM
What is the "Dwightmare" this year other than LA losing?

-Smak
His constant moaning and bitching to the media, Hack-A-Dwight losing the Lakers several close games, his subtle digs and teammates and the media, his inconsistent play and constant excuse making etc etc

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Kobe the ballhog AKA the man who shaq said was the best player at getting him the ball exactly where and when he wanted it that Shaq has ever played with his entire career-and he played with Nash, Rondo and Lebron.

So this same Kobe who Shaq called the best player at feeding him can't get Dwight the ball in the right spots?

It's more that Dwight can't operate when the entire offense isn't based around him and he isn't surrounded by 4 long distance shooters spacing the floor.

Howard, like any other player...has a certain system or team that allows him to operate optimally. Being on a team in which Kobe runs everything is not ideal for Howard. Just a fact...like you just pointed out.

You are the one bitching and moaning about how awful he is. Fine, Mavs will take him...along with a bunch of other teams. Put Dirk and Howard together some quality shooters and a quality pg and I think you have a much better team than anything Kobe and Howard can do together.

ILLsmak
04-08-2013, 09:14 AM
His constant moaning and bitching to the media, Hack-A-Dwight losing the Lakers several close games, his subtle digs and teammates and the media, his inconsistent play and constant excuse making etc etc

I agree he's not been the best player in LA and he's kind of whining, but it's a far cry from what happened in the so-called Dwightmare.

-Smak

theaussieguy
04-08-2013, 09:19 AM
i agree with the other poster who said at best he could be a teams 3rd scoring option. He might be good at defense but its pretty obvious if ur giving this guy a max, your not going to be able to afford many if any star scorers. Yet ****ing brain dead GM's still think hurrrr durrr superstar hurrr durr max contract dwight hurrr durrr 3 point shooters, and at best they can hope for a finals appearance like in orlando but lets be honest that was lucky, and it aint happening again with a declining dwight, he wasn't good enough to make that strat work, he sure as hell isnt good enough now with injuries and a lack of growth in his game. I don't know why anyone would want this soft ass ******* on their team. Its like capping yourself, yeah sure he might bring immediate results, but your better off building towards something greater then a few more wins a season, cos thats all this clown ass ***** is gonna bring ya

Orlando Magic
04-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Dwight + Dirk + Cp3 + Dallas = 2014 NBA Champions. ;)

Orlando Magic
04-08-2013, 09:21 AM
On a more serious note... he is still by far and away the best "big man" in the NBA. Even still.

Which speaks more about the NBA's current state than Dwight, but still... the fact remains that he is. This will become even more obvious next year when he's actually completely healed.

Of course he is going to get a max contract you ****ing morons. Any team in the league that had the cap space would do it.

El Kabong
04-08-2013, 09:25 AM
I'm sure the Mavs will still be chasing him as well.

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2013, 09:26 AM
You don't watch Lakers.

Not to mention Dwight has shown no signs of maturing. Carmelo Anthony has not even done half as much bullshit as Dwight has in his career and has three times as much talent, but the media shits on melo for being a bad attitude locker room diva, and the media and fans and everyone else give Dwight a free pass and the benefit of the doubt no matter what he does or how many teammates and coaches he stabs in the back.

Carmelo is a prince in comparison!

Put Dirk and Howard together some quality shooters and a quality pg and I think you have a much better team than anything Kobe and Howard can do together.

That's two max contracts on declining players.Good luck putting the kind of team your talking about around them.

he is still by far and away the best "big man" in the NBA.

Many I'd rather have that are more well rounded.

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 09:27 AM
On a more serious note... he is still by far and away the best "big man" in the NBA. Even still.

Which speaks more about the NBA's current state than Dwight, but still... the fact remains that he is. This will become even more obvious next year when he's actually completely healed.

Of course he is going to get a max contract you ****ing morons. Any team in the league that had the cap space would do it.

He's a guy that if featured would give you something around 21/14/2 and great defense if he's remotely healthy.

Again. Poor chemistry, bad coach, hurt..etc. And he's still giving you 17/13/2 and despite what Lakers/Kobe fans say...good defense...especially given the horrendous defense the Lakers play as a team outside of Howard.

Orlando Magic
04-08-2013, 09:27 AM

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Carmelo is a prince in comparison!

That's two max contracts on declining players.Good luck putting the kind of team your talking about around them.

My god. Howard is not a "declining" player. He's been hurt throughout the year and is showing signs of getting back to form. By next year...he'll be back close enough to what he was.

The Mavs could definitely do what I'm talking about. We have virtually nobody on the payroll for next year other than Dirk, Marion, and Carter. So you don't know what you are talking about.

All Net
04-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Any team who can offer him the max...will.

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2013, 09:37 AM
My god. Howard is not a "declining" player. He's been hurt throughout the year and is showing signs of getting back to form. By next year...he'll be back close enough to what he was.

Possibly? Who knows? Back surgery is pretty serious stuff! What he was was a very limited offensive player.

The Mavs could definitely do what I'm talking about. We have virtually nobody on the payroll for next year other than Dirk, Marion, and Carter. So you don't know what you are talking about.

I know they can sign Dwight. Pretty limited to what you do after that. How you getting a first option to play with them?

Any team who can offer him the max...will.

Jazz can and no way they touch him for any price!

jcsrplumply
04-08-2013, 09:39 AM
:biggums:

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 09:40 AM
i agree with the other poster who said at best he could be a teams 3rd scoring option. He might be good at defense but its pretty obvious if ur giving this guy a max, your not going to be able to afford many if any star scorers. Yet ****ing brain dead GM's still think hurrrr durrr superstar hurrr durr max contract dwight hurrr durrr 3 point shooters, and at best they can hope for a finals appearance like in orlando but lets be honest that was lucky, and it aint happening again with a declining dwight, he wasn't good enough to make that strat work, he sure as hell isnt good enough now with injuries and a lack of growth in his game. I don't know why anyone would want this soft ass ******* on their team. Its like capping yourself, yeah sure he might bring immediate results, but your better off building towards something greater then a few more wins a season, cos thats all this clown ass ***** is gonna bring ya
Exactly. Only idiots who think short term only and are happy with a perennial second round exit team AT-BEST and to be shackled to this mentally weak loser for years as the leader of the franchise would give this scrub max.

Teams like Milwaukee IE small and desperate teams are the only teams that offer Dwight the kind of money he wants but the problem is he only wants to play on big teams in big cities.

Rubio2Gasol
04-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Throw in Bosh and Mike Miller to make the contracts work.

Bosnian Sajo
04-08-2013, 09:43 AM
He is shitty for a superstar player, that doesn't mean he has no trade value.

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Possibly? Who knows? Back surgery is pretty serious stuff! What he was was a very limited offensive player.

I know they can sign Dwight. Pretty limited to what you do after that. How you getting a first option to play with them?

Jazz can and no way they touch him for any price!

What Howard is...even in his current form...is a player that would give you 20 plus points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists...and quality defense on a team that featured him a bit more. You act like I'm crazy for thinking that when the guy is currently giving you 17/13/2 in a somewhat limited role and he's been hurt.

What do you mean...how you getting a first option to play with them? I don't think you need another elite player, but you could certainly trade Marion to somebody to free up even more space....as Marion is still good and on an expiring deal....but I'd like to keep vince and marion. The important thing would be trying to get a pg capable of running the offense. Which the Mavs definitely do not currently have on the roster.

Mr Exlax
04-08-2013, 09:44 AM
If the Rockets can get him I'm willing to bet the farm that we're in the WCF or the Finals next season. Lakers fans amaze me. You're upset about a player that came back early from back surgery. Did you expect him to be 100% right from the start of the season? How stupid are you? Any and every team should be willing to give this guy a max contract. Damn i hope we get him.

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Exactly. Only idiots who think short term only and are happy with a perennial second round exit team AT-BEST and to be shackled to this mentally weak loser for years as the leader of the franchise would give this scrub max.

Teams like Milwaukee IE small and desperate teams are the only teams that offer Dwight the kind of money he wants but the problem is he only wants to play on big teams in big cities.

The Mavs will offer him the max. And I'd bet a lot of money that we wouldn't be a 2nd round team at best for the next 5 years.

Mr Exlax
04-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Asik & Lin for Howard. Do it Mitch!

guy
04-08-2013, 09:47 AM
He'll get the max. He was obviously hurt earlier and still adjusting to this new team. Lakers are 15-8 since the all-star break and Howard's been averaging 18/14 since then, basically back to his old self. Seriously, Brook Lopez got close to the max. Andrew Bynum might get the max after not playing at all this year. Deandre Jordan is getting +$10M per year. He'll definitely get the max and probably from the Lakers.

BuffaloBill
04-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Thread is so dumb it made my head hurt

Scholar
04-08-2013, 09:50 AM
My head hurt due to thread stupidity

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2013, 09:50 AM
What Howard is...even in his current form...is a player that would give you 20 plus points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists...and quality defense on a team that featured him a bit more. You act like I'm crazy for thinking that when the guy is currently giving you 17/13/2 in a somewhat limited role and he's been hurt.

What do you mean...how you getting a first option to play with them? I don't think you need another elite player, but you could certainly trade Marion to somebody to free up even more space....as Marion is still good and on an expiring deal....but I'd like to keep vince and marion. The important thing would be trying to get a pg capable of running the offense. Which the Mavs definitely do not currently have on the roster.

You don't need a first option? Dallas plays to win big not just make the playoffs.

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 09:56 AM

No he's not, that's just a myth the ESPN marketing machine media keeps feeding you. Brook Lopez, Lemarcus Aldridge, Dirk Nowitski, Marc Gasol, Nikola Pekovic, Tim Duncan, Zach Randolph, Joachim Noah, Anderson Varejao, Al Jefferson, Tyson Chandler, this is just a small sample of bigmen who are much better than Dwight Howard is.

Are you relaly going to tell me that Dwight is better then Tim Duncan, Z-Bo and Marc Gasol?:hammerhead:

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 09:57 AM
You don't need a first option? Dallas plays to win big not just make the playoffs.

What are you talking about? Dirk and Dwight and a solid team around them with a quality pg is more than enough to compete for a title.

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 09:59 AM
If the Rockets can get him I'm willing to bet the farm that we're in the WCF or the Finals next season. Lakers fans amaze me. You're upset about a player that came back early from back surgery. Did you expect him to be 100% right from the start of the season? How stupid are you? Any and every team should be willing to give this guy a max contract. Damn i hope we get him.
D12 sign and trade for Chandler Parsons, Jeremy Lin and Greg Smith and first round picks, I'd do this in a heartbeat if I was GM.

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2013, 10:02 AM
What are you talking about? Dirk and Dwight and a solid team around them with a quality pg is more than enough to compete for a title.

If you say so. Don't see it without a go to guy myself.

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 10:03 AM
then Laker fans won't mind if they trade Dwight to the Heat for Juwan Howard, won't they?
Salaries don't match up.

CHandler Parsons, Jeremy Lin, Greg Smith and draft picks is my dream Dwightmare trade.

lilgodfather1
04-08-2013, 10:03 AM
No he's not, that's just a myth the ESPN marketing machine media keeps feeding you. Brook Lopez, Lemarcus Aldridge, Dirk Nowitski, Marc Gasol, Nikola Pekovic, Tim Duncan, Zach Randolph, Joachim Noah, Anderson Varejao, Al Jefferson, Tyson Chandler, this is just a small sample of bigmen who are much better than Dwight Howard is.

Are you relaly going to tell me that Dwight is better then Tim Duncan, Z-Bo and Marc Gasol?:hammerhead:
You literally listed two guys who are arguably better than Dwight, and Marc Gasol, at least this year has been.

Al Jefferson? Tyson no offense, and not so great defense Chandler, really? Brook Lopez is not even close to Dwight.

I know you're a Kobe stan, so you don't want to admit that Kobe has been failing with a top 3 big man in the league on his team, but come on 90% of the guys you listed are just laughable.

Dwight Howard is getting the max from every single team that has money to offer it.

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2013, 10:06 AM
You literally listed two guys who are arguably better than Dwight, and Marc Gasol, at least this year has been.

Al Jefferson? Tyson no offense, and not so great defense Chandler, really? Brook Lopez is not even close to Dwight.

I know you're a Kobe stan, so you don't want to admit that Kobe has been failing with a top 3 big man in the league on his team, but come on 90% of the guys you listed are just laughable.

Dwight Howard is getting the max from every single team that has money to offer it.

Jazz have a young Dwight in Favors why would they want Dwight?

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 10:11 AM

Well according to stats, Dwight is well below the league average in terms of scoring from post up opportunities, while Brook Lopez has the highest scoring percentage from post up opportunities in the NBA for centers and PFs.
Lopez is also a great passer while Dwight sucks at passing. Offensively it is really no contest.

Defensively Dwight is abit better, but he is allowed to goaltend while no other player in the NBA is consistently allowed to do. Soon refs will tire of babying him. He doesn't know how to defend pick and roles and even Norris Cole drives at him with no fear these days.

Dwight had back surgery. Why are you all so sure he will get his athleticism back?

Mr Exlax
04-08-2013, 10:13 AM
D12 sign and trade for Chandler Parsons, Jeremy Lin and Greg Smith and first round picks, I'd do this in a heartbeat if I was GM.

Bro he sucks though. I'd give up Asik and Lin. I mean you've let it be known that he ain't shit. Why would I give all that up for a scrub right?

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 10:14 AM
If you say so. Don't see it without a go to guy myself.

So Dirk is no longer a "go to" guy? Give him Howard and a pg that can actually run a team.

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Bro he sucks though. I'd give up Asik and Lin. I mean you've let it be known that he ain't shit. Why would I give all that up for a scrub right?
To make the salaries match, also Lakers need a 3 and Parsons is the best piece of the trade.

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2013, 10:18 AM
So Dirk is no longer a "go to" guy? Give him Howard and a pg that can actually run a team.

17 points a game is not what I think of as a go to guy but good luck with it!

HarryCallahan
04-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Jazz have a young Dwight in Favors why would they want Dwight?

Favors>Dwight. God I hope Jefferson isn't in Utah next year.

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Favors>Dwight. God I hope Jefferson isn't in Utah next year.

He better not be!

guy
04-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I know this won't happen, but I don't know if people realize that with Manu's contract off the books next year, the Spurs could offer Dwight the max. Imagine that? :eek:

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2013, 11:43 AM
I know this won't happen, but I don't know if people realize that with Manu's contract off the books next year, the Spurs could offer Dwight the max. Imagine that? :eek:

I can't.

Kblaze8855
04-08-2013, 12:05 PM
The Magic are the only team in the league who would even hesitate to offer Dwight the max...which is so obvious this doesnt need to be discussed.

Jasper
04-08-2013, 12:27 PM
As the PHX physical trainers are to the league

Lakers have a top notch schrink's (doctors) in the organization (history has proved it)

Lakers easily will work with Howards inefficiencies.....

** Really surprised they never took on JR Rider or other Portland trailblazer head cases !!

RoundMoundOfReb
04-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Every team in the league.

talkingconch
04-08-2013, 12:42 PM

Go to dallas? and be worse?

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Popovich is too smart to try to build a title winning team around born loser defensive roleplayer D12.

04-08-2013, 01:09 PM
As the PHX physical trainers are to the league

Lakers have a top notch schrink's (doctors) in the organization (history has proved it)

Lakers easily will work with Howards inefficiencies.....

** Really surprised they never took on JR Rider or other Portland trailblazer head cases !!

Rider was with the lakers for a while. Then they let him go.

They should trade Royce white to the Lakers and the Rockets will get Dwight Howard.

DirkNowitzki41
04-08-2013, 01:14 PM

You do realize Dirk has been injured all year long right? His stats are no where near as good as he still is.

He is more than capable of being a go-to guy.

I seriously hope you're trolling, because you're the perfect definition of looking at stats and not watching games.

hawkfan
04-08-2013, 01:45 PM
You can blame the Hawks for his downfall.
In the 2010 playoffs, the Magic crushed the Hawks.
In the 2011 playoffs, with Jason Collins and Zaza Pachulia guarding him, he was contained and the Hawks beat the Magic in the first round, when they were expected to go further.

He's never regained his confidence since.

guy
04-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Popovich is too smart to try to build a title winning team around born loser defensive roleplayer D12.

And Phil Jackson isn't?

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 01:59 PM
You can blame the Hawks for his downfall.
In the 2010 playoffs, the Magic crushed the Hawks.
In the 2011 playoffs, with Jason Collins and Zaza Pachulia guarding him, he was contained and the Hawks beat the Magic in the first round, when they were expected to go further.

He's never regained his confidence since.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 02:00 PM
And Phil Jackson isn't?
Phil Jackson knows that D12 is a mental midget, he witnessed a famous Dwightmare meltdown in the 2009 NBA finals.

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Go to dallas? and be worse?

And be worse? Why? The Mavs would easily be in the playoffs right now if we had Howard all year instead of Kaman. Probably a 50 win team actually.

My god...you people act like he's just a scrub. Put him in a situation that suits him and you'd see the impact again. An unselfish team like the Mavs with a pf that can shoot 3's and be the go to guy down the stretch is perfect for Howard.

Just because the Lakers can't make it work with him does not mean he sucks and does not mean other teams wouldn't be lining up to have him...and have far more success.

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 02:10 PM

Well, he's been the best player and "go to guy" on a team that is 25-16 since he started get even remotely healthy.

And he's doing that with a group of guards that literally can't run pick and rolls or feed the post at all. The Mavericks have somehow stayed respectable, but if you actually watched the team play at all...you'd realize just how inept this teams guard play is.

Which is why I said...Howard and a pg that knows what the **** he's doing.

The Choken One
04-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Who is dumb enough to not offer this guy the max is a better question.

Lakers or Hawks imo is where Howard will be next season. Preferably the Lakers. :D

Reverend Hoops
04-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Lakers, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta will all offer him the max.

Doranku
04-08-2013, 02:30 PM

He is not 3 years away from riding the bench. Dwight gets and deserves a lot of "hate", but he's beyond extremely durable and he's played far better this year than he gets credit for given the circumstances.

He's in a horrible postion. Terrible coach for him...and he's playing with the biggest ball hog in the league on a team that has chemistry issues and does not play to his strength. Oh, and he's been hurt all year.

Nobody can see the future, but he's definitely worth the risk.

Just absolute ridiculous garbage. Dwight is averaging 10.6 shots per game compared to his career average of 11.2 shots per game. What evidence do you have that Dwight is the kind of player who can average 15+ shots a game? He peaked at 13.4 playing in Orlando with a bunch of scrubs. Yet somehow he's going to average more playing with Dirk who will get 75% of the shots in close 4th quarters? :roll:

And the Kobe Bryant thing is just absurd. Dude is leading all SGs in assists per game, yet he's "the biggest ballhog" in the league and that's why Dwight isn't getting more shots. Oh but we can play the injury card, right? Dwight's not playing as well as he should be? That's fine, he's injured. He's not getting enough shots? Must be Kobe Bryant and have nothing to do with him being injured!!! Can't have it both ways.

And please, explain to me what "playing to Dwight's strengths" entails. His post-game is quite frankly atrocious. Yet people like you seem to want to forcefeed him the ball in the post. Like that's going to work out well.

The problem is that HE HIMSELF doesn't play to his strengths. He would be much more successful if he focused his energy on defense and rebounding, ran the floor for easy transition buckets, and scored the majority of his points off of oops and second chance opportunities.

It's because of idiots like you and the media who have made the dude think he's better than he actually is. He's not Superman, he's not Shaq.. he's not a guy you just give the ball to in the post and get rewarded for it. He's a slightly better version of prime Dikembe Mutombo. If only he would realize that.

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 03:03 PM
And be worse? Why? The Mavs would easily be in the playoffs right now if we had Howard all year instead of Kaman. Probably a 50 win team actually.

My god...you people act like he's just a scrub. Put him in a situation that suits him and you'd see the impact again. An unselfish team like the Mavs with a pf that can shoot 3's and be the go to guy down the stretch is perfect for Howard.

Just because the Lakers can't make it work with him does not mean he sucks and does not mean other teams wouldn't be lining up to have him...and have far more success.
He sucks on team USA too when he doesn't know how to rotate correctly, and is useless posting up from outside the larger key, and gets in the way on offense because he sucks at moving without the ball and setting screens.

SVG had a system perfectly suited for him to succeed, and Dwight sold out SVG, got him fired and then left the team that made him who he is.

And SVG's system wasn't ever going to win a title anyways. All it was good for was showcasing Dwight and maxing out his stats.

ncrizzle
04-08-2013, 03:39 PM
He isnt 100%. When he is healthy, basically every team would throw him a max deal . I think it is very possible about the cp3'/dwight dallas idea. If so, i would try to flip someone like Pau for Cousins or Big Al

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Do all of you honestly believe the Dwight is a winner? Do you think he has it in em to be able to lead a franchise to an NBA title? Having seen his game over all these years and seeing his personality, do you truly believe that this man NBA champion material?

ncrizzle
04-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Do all of you honestly believe the Dwight is a winner? Do you think he has it in em to be able to lead a franchise to an NBA title? Having seen his game over all these years and seeing his personality, do you truly believe that this man NBA champion material?

The fact whether you like it or not is that he is a superstar that will sell tickets,jerseys, and still give you 15/10 and 3 blocks even when injured. I personally would rather have Marc Gasol on the grizz instead of dwight. He cant lead a team to a tile by himself, but where ever he ends up next year there will be at least one other superstar and other good players. Almost every team would give him the max and he will be able to pick where he wants

gasolina
04-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Sounds like Dirk pre-2011

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Just absolute ridiculous garbage. Dwight is averaging 10.6 shots per game compared to his career average of 11.2 shots per game. What evidence do you have that Dwight is the kind of player who can average 15+ shots a game? He peaked at 13.4 playing in Orlando with a bunch of scrubs. Yet somehow he's going to average more playing with Dirk who will get 75% of the shots in close 4th quarters? :roll:

And the Kobe Bryant thing is just absurd. Dude is leading all SGs in assists per game, yet he's "the biggest ballhog" in the league and that's why Dwight isn't getting more shots. Oh but we can play the injury card, right? Dwight's not playing as well as he should be? That's fine, he's injured. He's not getting enough shots? Must be Kobe Bryant and have nothing to do with him being injured!!! Can't have it both ways.

And please, explain to me what "playing to Dwight's strengths" entails. His post-game is quite frankly atrocious. Yet people like you seem to want to forcefeed him the ball in the post. Like that's going to work out well.

The problem is that HE HIMSELF doesn't play to his strengths. He would be much more successful if he focused his energy on defense and rebounding, ran the floor for easy transition buckets, and scored the majority of his points off of oops and second chance opportunities.

It's because of idiots like you and the media who have made the dude think he's better than he actually is. He's not Superman, he's not Shaq.. he's not a guy you just give the ball to in the post and get rewarded for it. He's a slightly better version of prime Dikembe Mutombo. If only he would realize that.

1. I said..."you'll get more than 10 shots per game if you want them"

2. Kobe is a ball hog. Not a knock. He's a ball hog and it is clear that it's hard for Dwight to play with him. Dwight would be featured on a team like the Mavs. It owuld be a different role.

3. I never said he's Shaq. I said he's a guy that given a featured role could give you 20/14/2 and very good defense...even right now.

You went off on a tangent that had nothing to do with my post in an attempt to defend Kobe, as usual. Guess what...Kobe and Dwight have struggled to play together. Just a fact. I'd blame Dwight more than Kobe, but Kobe is a ball hog...just the truth.

I think if you paired up a less selfish star like Dirk who doesn't dominate the ball and can stretch the floor as a pf that can shoot threes...all while allowing Howard to be more featured....that you'd get far better results than what you have seen on the Lakers this year.

You really think I'm crazy for saying this?

gasolina
04-08-2013, 04:36 PM
I think if you paired up a less selfish star like Dirk who doesn't dominate the ball and can stretch the floor as a pf that can shoot threes...all while allowing Howard to be more featured....that you'd get far better results than what you have seen on the Lakers this year.
Actually if you replace Dirk with Dwight in 2011, that MAvs team is still pretty good.

That pick and pop/roll with JT would be lethal. Of course you need someone other than Tyson Chandler since their roles are redundant.

Not really sold on Dirk+Dwight. Don't get me wrong, I'll still take Dirk on the post than Dwight. It's possible that Dwight won't be any more featured than what tyson Chandler was in 2011.

qrich
04-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Dwight to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan, DaJuan Summers & Malik Waayns:bowdown:

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Actually if you replace Dirk with Dwight in 2011, that MAvs team is still pretty good.

That pick and pop/roll with JT would be lethal. Of course you need someone other than Tyson Chandler since their roles are redundant.

Not really sold on Dirk+Dwight. Don't get me wrong, I'll still take Dirk on the post than Dwight. It's possible that Dwight won't be any more featured than what tyson Chandler was in 2011.

What? So Howard would come to Dallas and take 5 shots per game? Don't think so buddy.

Dirk would be a great pair because of his ability to shoot 3's...and because he doesn't dominate the ball.

You'd want to then surround them with shooters / defenders. We already have Marion and Carter...who I like a lot next to a Howard/Dirk pairing. The important thing would be to get a quality pg.

But no, he'd be far more featured than Chandler...don't know what the **** you are on. He'd get something around 12 to 13 shots a game...and put up 20/14/2. Which is what he'd be doing right now on a team that featured him and played to his strengths.

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2013, 05:15 PM
You do realize Dirk has been injured all year long right? His stats are no where near as good as he still is.

He is more than capable of being a go-to guy.

I realize it. Also realize he is 35 and was shut down a year ago for being out of shape. Also realize his numbers have been going down for several years. So until he proves he's still a go to guy than I'll be skeptical but like I said good luck to you building around him and Dwight!

He isnt 100%. When he is healthy, basically every team would throw him a max deal . I think it is very possible about the cp3'/dwight dallas idea. If so, i would try to flip someone like Pau for Cousins or Big Al

Why would the Kings or Jazz want Gasol? How will Dallas pay 3 max guys?

Nick Young
04-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Sounds like Dirk pre-2011
Not really Dirk was always a clutch beast who carried the offense on his shoulders, Dwight was never a clutch beast.

gasolina
04-08-2013, 05:34 PM
What? So Howard would come to Dallas and take 5 shots per game? Don't think so buddy.

Dirk would be a great pair because of his ability to shoot 3's...and because he doesn't dominate the ball.

You'd want to then surround them with shooters / defenders. We already have Marion and Carter...who I like a lot next to a Howard/Dirk pairing. The important thing would be to get a quality pg.

But no, he'd be far more featured than Chandler...don't know what the **** you are on. He'd get something around 12 to 13 shots a game...and put up 20/14/2. Which is what he'd be doing right now on a team that featured him and played to his strengths.
Not 5 shots, i guess i didn't get my message across clearly.

I think on a system featuring Dirk, I'd still have Nowitzki as a clear cut #1 option. And I'd like Dirk to be doing his damage in the post. This puts dwight on the odd position of only getting exclusive post up touches when Dirk isn't on the floor. Meaning he'll get his points off lobs and cuts to the basket (therefore my Tyson Chandler comparison). Of course, Dwight WILL get post up opportunities (unlike Tyson) so I guess my Chandler comparison is pretty bad.

DMAVS41
04-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Not 5 shots, i guess i didn't get my message across clearly.

I think on a system featuring Dirk, I'd still have Nowitzki as a clear cut #1 option. And I'd like Dirk to be doing his damage in the post. This puts dwight on the odd position of only getting exclusive post up touches when Dirk isn't on the floor. Meaning he'll get his points off lobs and cuts to the basket (therefore my Tyson Chandler comparison). Of course, Dwight WILL get post up opportunities (unlike Tyson) so I guess my Chandler comparison is pretty bad.

Why? The Mavs don't even do that with Dirk now....they would start every single game with Dwight being featured...hell, they feature Kaman early right now.

Dirk would go spot up in the corner and spread the court for Howard. If they put a smaller player on Dirk...then he'd go to the post. With a stretch 4 like Dirk and a team of shooters/defenders with a real pg...you get the ideal team for Howard.

He'd easily get 12 plus shots a game if he wanted them...plus he'd have a coach in Carlisle that actually cares about defense and what put Howard to good use on that end.

Chandler couldn't even average a double double. Howard, even in his current state, would be putting up roughly 20/13/2. My guess is next year he'll be healthier and that would look something like 22/14/2 with better defense on a team where he's featured and has a stretch 4 like Dirk.

MMM
04-08-2013, 09:33 PM
The OP needs to deal with the fact that Howard is going to get the Max from the Lakers and will be their franchise player once Kobe leaves

plowking
04-08-2013, 09:41 PM

There are more athletic centers in the league and they don't come close to compare to Dwight in direct comparisons as basketball players.

Deandre Jordan, Javale McGee, etc.

Nobody gets by on just athleticism. And if you do, you're usually not very good.