View Full Version : Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal

keep-itreal
04-09-2013, 03:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPauWh740gI

6'4' blocking centers like its nothing.

Amazing athlete

plowking
04-09-2013, 04:02 AM
Wade is a good clutch player in terms of field goals, pretty lack luster in the clutch when it comes to free throws, but in terms of making game winning defensive plays? The best ever.

There has never been a player as good as him at the end of the game to make a stop, block, steal, cover, etc. Its actually ridiculous how many times over his career, particularly the last 5 or so years, hes come up with a game winning clutch defensive play. He may not be the best defender ever, but in terms of the last minute or last play, he just may be.

Boomerang
04-09-2013, 04:06 AM
Well he has Lebron guarding the best players, so he can sneak up behind and block the shot. Wade is great at being help defense, where he gets his blocks. So in the end, credit has to be given to the Heat and Lebron's defense.

keep-itreal
04-09-2013, 04:11 AM
Well he has Lebron guarding the best players, so he can sneak up behind and block the shot. Wade is great at being help defense, where he gets his blocks. So in the end, credit has to be given to the Heat and Lebron's defense.

niqqa please, there were alot of wade blocks in that video that occured before Lebron join the heat.

Those were the seasons when wade was carrying that team all by himself with michael beasley as the teams 2nd best player

I<3NBA
04-09-2013, 04:17 AM
:no: Wade has been the best shot-blocking guard in the league long before Lebron joined him. i daresay he might be the best shot-blocking guard in NBA history. his defense (when he wants to; because he sometimes loses focus) is amazing.

retaxis
04-09-2013, 04:21 AM
wade is one of the greatest ever. Defence, scoring, layups, passing, blocks, midrange, steals wade got it all

jcsrplumply
04-09-2013, 04:24 AM
The guy is the best shot-blocking shooting guard of all time.
And someone in this thread "probably a stan" is crediting Lebron too much.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-09-2013, 04:24 AM
Man, these new kobe stans and lebron stans are hilarious.

eriX
04-09-2013, 04:30 AM

this guy :facepalm

shameless troll, not even funny at all :coleman:

Boomerang
04-09-2013, 04:33 AM
niqqa please, there were alot of wade blocks in that video that occured before Lebron join the heat.

Those were the seasons when wade was carrying that team all by himself with michael beasley as the teams 2nd best player
It's true that Wade is a help defense blocker. He always sneaks up on opponents while another teammate guards them. More credit should be given to his teammates. Someone like Lebron guards one on one and gets the job done, he doesn't just sneak on people with help defense from the blind side.

retaxis
04-09-2013, 04:45 AM
Wade's ability to finish and draw contact at the rim is the same reason he can get blocks despite his size and leeping ability. He is a very smart player and blocks a portion of space where your hand will be (judgement) rather then where your hand is very very well.

SIRI1
04-09-2013, 05:01 AM
There's a long list of players 6'10 and over that Wade has blocked at the rim. Some multiple time (Poor Brook Lopez)

D-Wade316
04-09-2013, 05:07 AM
:no: Wade has been the best shot-blocking guard in the league long before Lebron joined him. i daresay he might be the best shot-blocking guard in NBA history. his defense (when he wants to; because he sometimes loses focus) is amazing.
He's the best. Jordan jockers have to deal with it.

AirFederer
04-09-2013, 05:13 AM
Wade is a good clutch player in terms of field goals, pretty lack luster in the clutch when it comes to free throws, but in terms of making game winning defensive plays? The best ever.

There has never been a player as good as him at the end of the game to make a stop, block, steal, cover, etc. Its actually ridiculous how many times over his career, particularly the last 5 or so years, hes come up with a game winning clutch defensive play. He may not be the best defender ever, but in terms of the last minute or last play, he just may be.
:applause:

KOBE143
04-09-2013, 05:23 AM
He's good but not as great as DikemBE MutomBE..

This were just left handed block highlights.. Just using his off hand to block players like Yao, Duncan, TMac, AK47, JKidd, Durant, Amare, Camby, Ray Allen, CP3, etc.. Again just left hand..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DMs2nweH5Y enjoy!!

Breezy
04-09-2013, 05:34 AM

This were just left handed block highlights.. Just using his off hand to block players like Yao, Duncan, TMac, AK47, JKidd, Durant, Amare, Camby, Ray Allen, CP3, etc.. Again just left hand..

Yes! Kobe is a better shot blocker than Wade! Finally someone is courageous enough to tell the obvious truth. Now we just need to have somebody come forward and expose other elements of Kobe's superiority. Like how he's a better rebounder than Rodman, and a better passer than stockton, and has a better cross over than Iverson, and how he's a better dunker than Carter, and How he's taller than Manute Bol.

Greg Oden 50
04-09-2013, 06:00 AM
wade is one of the greatest ever. Defence, scoring, layups, passing, blocks, midrange, steals wade got it all

block shot = defence ????:biggums:

Greg Oden 50
04-09-2013, 06:02 AM
The guy is the best shot-blocking shooting guard of all time.
And someone in this thread "probably a stan" is crediting Lebron too much.

he is not better than Jordan both offence & defence :banana:

Greg Oden 50
04-09-2013, 06:04 AM

JORDAN BLOCKED EWING WHATEVER SHOTER & TALLER THAN HIM,BUT WADE GAMBLE TOO MUCH :roll:

Nash
04-09-2013, 07:00 AM
I hate videos like this, you can't see shit.

KOBE143
04-09-2013, 07:23 AM
Yes! Kobe is a better shot blocker than Wade! Finally someone is courageous enough to tell the obvious truth. Now we just need to have somebody come forward and expose other elements of Kobe's superiority. Like how he's a better rebounder than Rodman, and a better passer than stockton, and has a better cross over than Iverson, and how he's a better dunker than Carter, and How he's taller than Manute Bol.
No dude.. Kobe is not a better rebounder than Rodman aka the GOAT rebounder but I believe Kobe is one of the best rebounding guard of all time.. Kobe is also not better than Iverson in cross over department.. Maybe you can say that they're equal but better, nah.. Kobe is arguably the best in game dunker but in slam dunk contest, Vince Carter wins hands down.. And last, are you a troll? It's obviously that Manute Bol is taller than Kobe.. :facepalm

Flush
04-09-2013, 07:23 AM

Who in the f**king world cares which hand he blocks it? I counted on that vid less than 20 blocks. And there was no block that would be 1v1 against center (F.e. in wade's vid he blocked chandler and lopez(2x)). In blocks Wade>Kobe. Deal with it Kobe fans.

thabisyo
04-09-2013, 07:25 AM

:no:

Everything Wade does is underrated. If Kobe and Lebron do the same things, they will be all over the news but since it's wade, it's just normal things

Akhenaten
04-09-2013, 07:27 AM
What's most uncanny about Wade's shot blacking ability to me is how many of his blocks result in transition baskets for his team. He has to practice that, he almost always seems to keep the ball in bounds.

I have always maintained that stealing the basketball is more valuable than blocks, because a steal ALWAYS results in an extra possession for your team, while the majority of blocks shots are recovered by the offense.

Not so with Wade though

The other thing is he blocks so many jump shots and iso/post ups, incredible. I have no doubt in my min that Wade has blocked more jumpshots than ANY player (outside of maybe Kirilenko) in the past 10 seasons.

That's why to me his 09 season is the best by a perimetre player since early 90's Jordan. Managing to avg 2.2. stls and 1.3 blocks, while having to put 30 every night JUST TO HAVE A CHANCE was crazy.

A lot of folks say he was on that stuff in 09 and while I know a lot of that is inspired by envy and hate I myself as a HUGE Wade fan wonder sometimes.

The stuff he was doing that season just defied logic. I have to laugh when people claim someone like Drex or AI is better than this guy.

Wade at his highest level is an absolute OGRE, DOMINANT on the level of a Wilt, Lebron, Shaq, Jordan. Those players obviously being much better at SUSTAINING that level.

2swift4u
04-09-2013, 08:22 AM
Considering his size his blocking is unreal!! I don't know how he does it but he must have great instinct and timing. Overall his highlight videos are amazing!

Blue&Orange
04-09-2013, 08:32 AM
It's true that Wade is a help defense blocker. He always sneaks up on opponents while another teammate guards them. More credit should be given to his teammates. Someone like Lebron guards one on one and gets the job done, he doesn't just sneak on people with help defense from the blind side.
Lebron his known for his chase down blocks, how is that not sneaking up. He doesn't block in any other way.

You failed miserably twice on this thread already, i would say that's the average for a Lebron stan, you need to keep going, if you want to stand out.

SilkkTheShocker
04-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Lebron his known for his chase down blocks, how is that not sneaking up. He doesn't block in any other way.

You failed miserably twice on this thread already, i would say that's the average for a Lebron stan, you need to keep going, if you want to stand out.

Why should new posters take advice from you? You could stop posting forever and no one would ever notice.

Frozen1
04-09-2013, 10:02 AM

Oh yeah, his blocks on tyson chandler in 2011 finals, or his block on melo on last year playoffs were all "sneaking" plays.

Nikka please :biggums:

They were all going to throw down hard and he came up blocking the shot knowing that he could be posterized.

I took these two as examples, but there are more.

JerryWest
04-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Blocking queen! :bowdown:

TheReturn
04-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Amazing timing, amazing athlete. :applause:

LikeABosh
04-09-2013, 10:27 AM
:facepalm Wade was swattin ni.ggas long before Lebron came to town.

riseagainst
04-09-2013, 11:00 AM

you really need to stop riding lebron so much.

riseagainst
04-09-2013, 11:02 AM

:roll:

Greg Oden 50
04-09-2013, 01:31 PM
What's most uncanny about Wade's shot blacking ability to me is how many of his blocks result in transition baskets for his team. He has to practice that, he almost always seems to keep the ball in bounds.

I have always maintained that stealing the basketball is more valuable than blocks, because a steal ALWAYS results in an extra possession for your team, while the majority of blocks shots are recovered by the offense.

Not so with Wade though

The other thing is he blocks so many jump shots and iso/post ups, incredible. I have no doubt in my min that Wade has blocked more jumpshots than ANY player (outside of maybe Kirilenko) in the past 10 seasons.

That's why to me his 09 season is the best by a perimetre player since early 90's Jordan. Managing to avg 2.2. stls and 1.3 blocks, while having to put 30 every night JUST TO HAVE A CHANCE was crazy.

A lot of folks say he was on that stuff in 09 and while I know a lot of that is inspired by envy and hate I myself as a HUGE Wade fan wonder sometimes.

The stuff he was doing that season just defied logic. I have to laugh when people claim someone like Drex or AI is better than this guy.

Wade at his highest level is an absolute OGRE, DOMINANT on the level of a Wilt, Lebron, Shaq, Jordan. Those players obviously being much better at SUSTAINING that level.

wade on jordan's level :roll:

jordan avg 37ppg,and wade:facepalm

Crafty
04-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Isn't he like the guard with the most blocks per game in the career?

JerryWest
04-09-2013, 01:36 PM
mj says hi

Greg Oden 50
04-09-2013, 01:39 PM
mj says hi
:applause:

Crafty
04-09-2013, 01:49 PM
mj says hi

Mj career average 0.8
wade's 1.0

JerryWest
04-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Mj career average 0.8
wade's 1.0
:biggums:

BarberSchool
04-09-2013, 01:55 PM
He has a ridiculous wingspan.
Almost 7ft.

dunking & blocking shots come so much easier, even at 6'3.25"

Crafty
04-09-2013, 01:56 PM
:biggums:

Show me something that proves otherwise.

JerryWest
04-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Show me something that proves otherwise.
career total blocks, you f*cking retard.

d-whistle = 662
mj = 893

Crafty
04-09-2013, 02:01 PM
career total blocks, you f*cking retard.

d-whistle = 662
mj = 893

:cheers:

JerryWest
04-09-2013, 02:05 PM
:cheers:
mj still better fool, mj averaged 1.6 blocks a season :facepalm
wade's highest was 1.3 :roll: :lol

Crafty
04-09-2013, 02:09 PM
mj still better fool, mj averaged 1.6 blocks a season :facepalm
wade's highest was 1.3 :roll: :lol

And you still don't understand that I'm talking about blocks per game.

BarberSchool
04-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Show me something that proves otherwise. Once Wade's career is over, if he plays as long as Mike did, his career average will likely be lesser or equal.

Crafty
04-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Once Wade's career is over, if he plays as long as Mike did, his career average will likely be lesser or equal.

And I don't doubt that.

Akhenaten
04-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Once Wade's career is over, if he plays as long as Mike did, his career average will likely be lesser or equal.

You don't see him avg at least 60 blks over the next 4 seasons?

SamuraiSWISH
04-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Wade's on ball defense is lazy. He was a "witches hat" on defense in that regard for a LONG time. It's gotten better post 2011, he visibly shows more effort. But yes, he's always been a crazy help defender.

Especially when it comes to blocking players, taller ones even. I remember him stuffing 7'1 Chandler in that 2011 Finals on a momentum turning caliber potential dunk. The things he does at 6'3 with those uber long arms, jumping ability, and HGH use is incredible.

Chrono90
04-09-2013, 02:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPauWh740gI

6'4' blocking centers like its nothing.

Amazing athlete

Many no-call fouls

Akhenaten
04-09-2013, 02:30 PM
I remember him stuffing 7'1 Chandler in that 2011 Finals on a momentum turning caliber potential dunk.

Then scored on the other end in transition, thought we had it sewn after that play, gaddamn it BRAWN:banghead:

Ikill
04-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Wade's on ball defense is lazy. He was a "witches hat" on defense in that regard for a LONG time. It's gotten better post 2011, he visibly shows more effort. But yes, he's always been a crazy help defender.

Especially when it comes to blocking players, taller ones even. I remember him stuffing 7'1 Chandler in that 2011 Finals on a momentum turning caliber potential dunk. The things he does at 6'3 with those uber long arms, jumping ability, and HGH use is incredible.
No his man defense has gotten lazier post 2010 he was a great on ball defender in his younger years and his best defensive year overall was probably 2010.

SamuraiSWISH
04-09-2013, 04:36 PM
No his man defense has gotten lazier post 2010 he was a great on ball defender in his younger years and his best defensive year overall was probably 2010.
No it wasn't. At least not what I saw. When he was carrying the load solo for the Heat in 2008, 2009, 2010 with some of the worst supporting squads of all time, his on ball defense was very lazy at times.

His help defense has always been outstanding, though. I'd argue the best I've seen from his on ball defense is actually this season.

His best defensive season: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013 ... when he was carrying all that weight offensively when Miami lost all their vets, his on ball defense slipped a little bit naturally due to having to conserve energy and pick spots.

BarberSchool
04-09-2013, 08:04 PM
The things he does at 6'3 with those uber long arms, jumping ability, and HGH use is incredible.LOl very true

keep-itreal
04-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Also, what amazes the most in that video was in 1:59 where wade blocks Lamar Odom.

Lamar Odom is 6'10. Wade is 6'4, yet he was able to block his shot while standing in front of him

3LiftHeatCurse
04-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Best shot blocking Guard of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0SPtT_Zass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLPvGi_he1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnKSGw8aTP0

red1
04-09-2013, 09:48 PM

Dwade is easily the clutchest defender I have seen. Countless clutch steals and blocks

Greg Oden 50
04-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Best shot blocking Guard of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0SPtT_Zass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLPvGi_he1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnKSGw8aTP0

not close to Mike :no:

Greg Oden 50
04-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Dwade is easily the clutchest defender I have seen. Countless clutch steals and blocks

Michael Jordan say hi :banana:

Greg Oden 50
04-09-2013, 10:01 PM

Jordan avg 30 PPG,AND WADE :roll:

red1
04-09-2013, 10:02 PM
never saw young jordan. btw you are a terrible poster

Psycho
04-09-2013, 10:06 PM

Y-y-yeah w-well you're...never mind.

Dinosaurs are my fetish

andgar923
04-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Wade is great no doubt about it, but there's this other dude that's better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdw1wiBcN3k&list=LLRVLmlXJhDAaEOLFZ4WqTHw

The hang time he has is unmatched. The ability to jump and wait in the air and then block, or switch hands and at times even body angles to block a shot WHILE IN THE AIR is bananas.

MJ is also superior from a 'stand still' position.

andgar923
04-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Wade's blocks per game will also go down the longer he plays.

But there's a bigger difference between the two.

MJ plays defense much harder than Wade does. Wade tends to coast a ton, which allows him to come from weak side or go for blocks more. There was also more true big men back then, with actual true post up moves, with more clogged lanes.

Wade is great, second best shot blocking guard of all time which isn't a diss. But let us not get ahead of ourselves.

HiphopRelated
04-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Wade met big men at the rim repeatedly, no other guard has ever done that. Wade was the last line of defense on those post Shaq Heat teams

The game where he blocked Lopez twice, I remember how dejected Brook looked

eriX
04-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Wade's blocks per game will also go down the longer he plays.

But there's a bigger difference between the two.

MJ plays defense much harder than Wade does. Wade tends to coast a ton, which allows him to come from weak side or go for blocks more. There was also more true big men back then, with actual true post up moves, with more clogged lanes.

Wade is great, second best shot blocking guard of all time which isn't a diss. But let us not get ahead of ourselves.

actually if you compare the two i think jordan helps more on defense coming from the weak side than wade. In no way is jordan not one of the best perimeter defenders but claiming theres a bigger difference between them is unlikely as in terms of just blocking wade is right up there with everyone.

Greg Oden 50
04-10-2013, 12:41 PM

oh............POOR kid :roll:
U ARE SO UNLUCKY NEVER SAW JORDAN PLAYS:banana:

Greg Oden 50
04-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Wade met big men at the rim repeatedly, no other guard has ever done that. Wade was the last line of defense on those post Shaq Heat teams

The game where he blocked Lopez twice, I remember how dejected Brook looked

f0und
04-10-2013, 01:35 PM
wade is a great weak side blocker, but for those that say thats all he is, thats complete bull*hit. wade blocks more shots on his man than any other player ive ever seen. that goes for jumpshots, layups, chasedowns, etc. and someone recently posted a stat that confirms my perception is reality. the stat showed that, since he's been in the league, he's had more blocks on his man any other player at any position.

even if you compare the highlights of the video the OP posted to the one of MJ, you'd see that all of jordan's blocks were weak side, whereas a good portion wade's blocks were straight up blocking his players' jumpshots.

he also has the "meet at the rim blocks". he's not sneaking up on anyone. he's there waiting. the opponent knows it. he sees him and goes for it. wade takes the challenge and says "meet you at the top". thats rarely something you see a guard do, if ever at all. thats something only a big does. doesnt matter how big the player is to wade. guard, forward, center, he's been challenged by all and he's had success against all.

LEFT4DEAD
04-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Jordan' stans furious because 90% of all people would take Wade as the best shot blocking guard ever. And it's not so hard decision if you are not one of those retards who think that Jordan is the best ever in every aspect of this game.

Remix
04-10-2013, 01:57 PM
jerry west

HiphopRelated
04-10-2013, 02:22 PM
and goodbye

Jordan isn't the best at everything

Jolokia
04-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Some big time blocks this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lsyt2FkWgQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCDASdspAno
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8LYWeZYNWg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHg6MuTzahk

Greg Oden 50
04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Jordan' stans furious because 90% of all people would take Wade as the best shot blocking guard ever. And it's not so hard decision if you are not one of those retards who think that Jordan is the best ever in every aspect of this game.

lol,wade stans think wade is better than jordan :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk7QvQufWnw

Greg Oden 50
04-10-2013, 02:49 PM
and goodbye

Jordan isn't the best at everything

but jordan is better than wade at eveything :banana:

has much better jumper,and has a higher vertical,better hangtime,faster,quicker:bowdown:

red1
04-10-2013, 08:15 PM
oh............POOR kid :roll:
U ARE SO UNLUCKY NEVER SAW JORDAN PLAYS:banana:
:facepalm

Ikill
04-10-2013, 08:31 PM
but jordan is better than wade at eveything :banana:

has much better jumper,and has a higher vertical,better hangtime,faster,quicker:bowdown:
no he's not

pauk
04-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Indeed, its a shame he never was honored with a 1st all-defensive team spot, but its kindof also understandable why.... i mean his blocking ability is one of the things that i think makes him a 1st all-defensive team caliber defender but also one thing that has kept him from having a 1st all-defensive team spot... he always had a tendency to overplay/gamble after blocks to much which ends up instead with him either leaving his man most often or even fouling, rather than a block, but he is playing much smarter defense now..

Round Mound
04-10-2013, 11:15 PM
no he's not

[B]Yes He Is Come On Get Real...Wade is The Best 6

Lebron23
04-10-2013, 11:25 PM
http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/nike_jordans_111109_017-large-480x320.jpg

SamuraiSWISH
04-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Wade = poor man's young Air Jordan ('85 - '89)
Kobe = rich man's old Fadeaway Jordan ('96 - '98)

plowking
04-10-2013, 11:33 PM
[QUOTE=Round Mound][B]Yes He Is Come On Get Real...Wade is The Best 6

red1
04-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Kobe = rich man's old Fadeaway Jordan ('96 - '98)
this is decieving so I will just add that rich man's old fadeaway jordan is still poor man's young air jordan

D-Wade316
04-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Kobe = poor man's old Fadeaway Jordan ('96 - '98)
Fixed.

andgar923
04-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Indeed, its a shame he never was honored with a 1st all-defensive team spot, but its kindof also understandable why.... i mean his blocking ability is one of the things that i think makes him a 1st all-defensive team caliber defender but also one thing that has kept him from having a 1st all-defensive team spot... he always had a tendency to overplay/gamble after blocks to much which ends up instead with him either leaving his man most often or even fouling, rather than a block, but he is playing much smarter defense now..

He takes too many plays off on defense, but Kobe takes even more off and doesn't have the same block or steals numbers yet gets them :confusedshrug:

He deserves some 1st team all D noms, it's a travesty that Kobe's been selected over him.

He is the best shot blocking guard since MJ (anybody know Clyde's stats?). Saying that MJ is better than him isn't a diss either.

plowking
04-10-2013, 11:42 PM
He takes too many plays off on defense, but Kobe takes even more off and doesn't have the same block or steals numbers yet gets them :confusedshrug:

He deserves some 1st team all D noms, it's a travesty that Kobe's been selected over him.

He is the best shot blocking guard since MJ (anybody know Clyde's stats?). Saying that MJ is better than him isn't a diss either.

Too bad MJ isn't actually a better shot blocker than Wade though.

Ikill
04-10-2013, 11:59 PM
[QUOTE=Round Mound][B]Yes He Is Come On Get Real...Wade is The Best 6