PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Harrison thinks he could have beat prime Jordan 1on1...

Burgz V2
04-10-2013, 07:29 PM
http://blog.chron.com/prepsports/2013/04/harrison-twin-says-he-would-beat-michael-jordan-in-one-on-one/

[QUOTE]

chips93
04-10-2013, 07:30 PM
id heard those twins were big headed but :eek:

wow

LLK21
04-10-2013, 07:31 PM
:wtf:

:facepalm

IGOTGAME
04-10-2013, 07:36 PM

wow

In all seriousness, he couldn't beat 50 year Jordan in a game of 1 on 1.

LONGTIME
04-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Who the **** is Andrew Harrison?

KyrieTheFuture
04-10-2013, 07:37 PM
I'm forgetting which one he is but isn't his own brother better than him?

IGOTGAME
04-10-2013, 07:38 PM

this is the silliest statement I've heard in some time.

+1 if that was intentional.

KyrieTheFuture
04-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Wait wait wait, Matt Jones thinks he can beat MJ one on one too? The **** is wrong with kids these days

FreezingTsmoove
04-10-2013, 07:39 PM
These are 2 High School seniors who are ranked in the top 5 of there recruiting class. Andrew has often been called the best player in the nation. Being so highly recruited he without a doubt WORKS HIS ASS OFF everyday in practice and games. Now why on earth would this young, big man on campus not have the confidence to say he wouldn't be able to beat Jordan. Remember he has yet to even play in college so he has probably beat every person in basketball he has ever faced in dominating fashion.

IGOTGAME
04-10-2013, 07:40 PM
OJ Mayo would have prob said the same thing. They prob just don't understand the difference in talent yet. OJ gets blown by and dunked on by old Kobe everytime they play...there is no way he would have ever saw that coming at age 17.

FreezingTsmoove
04-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Who the **** is Andrew Harrison?

Future top 3 draft pick in the 2014 draft. Without a doubt the next most hyped up (not a bad thing) PG out of the draft. Ala Rose, Wall,

FreezingTsmoove
04-10-2013, 07:41 PM
OJ Mayo would have prob said the same thing. They prob just don't understand the difference in talent yet. OJ gets blown by and dunked on by old Kobe everytime they play...there is no way he would have ever saw that coming at age 17.

This. Andrew hasn't even graduated yet

KyrieTheFuture
04-10-2013, 07:42 PM
These are 2 High School seniors who are ranked in the top 5 of there recruiting class. Andrew has often been called the best player in the nation. Being so highly recruited he without a doubt WORKS HIS ASS OFF everyday in practice and games. Now why on earth would this young, big man on campus not have the confidence to say he wouldn't be able to beat Jordan. Remember he has yet to even play in college so he has probably beat every person in basketball he has ever faced in dominating fashion.

The Andrew you're thinking of is Andrew Wiggins not Harrison

Burgz V2
04-10-2013, 07:43 PM

no, he's the better one. at least that's what the "scouts" say.

IGOTGAME
04-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Future top 3 draft pick in the 2014 draft. Without a doubt the next most hyped up (not a bad thing) PG out of the draft. Ala Rose, Wall,

He is not hyped like Rose and Wall. He is a tier below the top 2 recruits in his class.

Anyway you slice this it is stupid(unless he was kidding). He has seen players way quicker and more athletic than him, he can easily imagine way athletic than them and a master of the game. Guys game is no where close to being without faults and he is not even close to being a super hyped prospect.

FreezingTsmoove
04-10-2013, 07:45 PM
The Andrew you're thinking of is Andrew Wiggins not Harrison

HS basketball is highly entertaining to me and I know a lot about it. Before the whole Wiggins hype train (very well deserved) Andrew was the #1 player in the nation. Kind of like how 2 years ago Austin was the #1 player in the nation before people realized Anthony Davis potential. Andrew is #5 on the 100 right now

Also I'm not using the 100 as my source. I base it mostly off the consensus opinion

Burgz V2
04-10-2013, 07:46 PM

wow
they say everything is bigger in Texas, mouths included :roll:

KyrieTheFuture
04-10-2013, 07:56 PM
HS basketball is highly entertaining to me and I know a lot about it. Before the whole Wiggins hype train (very well deserved) Andrew was the #1 player in the nation. Kind of like how 2 years ago Austin was the #1 player in the nation before people realized Anthony Davis potential. Andrew is #5 on the 100 right now

Also I'm not using the 100 as my source. I base it mostly off the consensus opinion
I'm kidding I was being a smart ass :cheers:
I knew Harrison was highly ranked but I have not watched any of them actually play, only highlights. I thought the reason Wiggins overtook him was simply because of the reclassification? Wasn't Julius Randle number one for awhile? Or was that Jabari Parker?

Rubio2Gasol
04-10-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say he was joking around.

TheReal Kendall
04-10-2013, 08:05 PM
I don't understand the hype around these high school guy or stars because most of the time it seems like they turn out to be a bust in the NBA and even sometimes in college. But back to the topic, Heck if you would've asked me that at his age I would've said I can beat him too. You gotta believe and have confidence in yourself to make it

plowking
04-10-2013, 08:37 PM
People get so offended and distraught when someone brings up something like this.

Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, etc, aren't the best one on one players in the world. I'm pretty sure Jerry Stackhouse beat MJ coming out of college. There is a story of a teammate of Jordan's challenging MJ and losing by one point to Jordan.

One on one isn't some supreme competition where the better/more skilled player always wins. Its usually the bigger, stronger and quicker guy that takes the W.

ukfan22
04-10-2013, 08:44 PM
I think context would be important, I'd think he was joking around.

PrettyCool
04-10-2013, 08:48 PM
silly scrub

devin112
04-10-2013, 08:52 PM
nm

f0und
04-10-2013, 08:58 PM
People get so offended and distraught when someone brings up something like this.

Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, etc, aren't the best one on one players in the world. I'm pretty sure Jerry Stackhouse beat MJ coming out of college. There is a story of a teammate of Jordan's challenging MJ and losing by one point to Jordan.

One on one isn't some supreme competition where the better/more skilled player always wins. Its usually the bigger, stronger and quicker guy that takes the W.

scott burrell. one of my favorite MJ stories

After one of the Bulls' practices in 1997, Scott Burrell, Jordan's teammate, challenged Jordan to a game of one on one. They played and Burrell had a good chance to beat Jordan with the score tied at six a piece (going up to seven). Burrell had the ball, but Ron Harper who was watching the game on the sidelines called Burrell for traveling. Jordan got the ball back and without hesitation drove past Burrell and dunked the ball making it a 7-6 victory. Michael got the last shot to win, but Burrell was right up in MJ's face trash talking. MJ didn't say a word and just walked off the court. A few days later Burrell convinced MJ to play again, but Jordan won easily this time. Again, Jordan just walked off the court without saying a word. But Burrell couldn't keep his mouth shut. Burrell said to MJ, "C'mon, let's go back out there and finish this!" Jordan replied, "You just want to play so you can go tell your kids when they grow up that you beat Michael Jordan once. What am I gonna tell my kids? I beat Scott Burrell? Big deal. They'll slap the hell out of me."

IGOTGAME
04-10-2013, 09:01 PM

Depends on how seeiously MJ took it. I remember the stories of him beating Pippen repeatedly after practice until he was in tears.

MJ is bigger faster stronger than anything this kid could imagine. It is absurd to think he wouldn't shit on this kid (ues, I've seen him play)

f0und
04-10-2013, 09:02 PM
has it really come to this already? when young up and comers no longer respect the GOAT? where they've forgotten his airness and jordan's legacy seems no more than a myth to them?

dam kids these days.

oh the horror
04-10-2013, 09:18 PM
has it really come to this already? when young up and comers no longer respect the GOAT? where they've forgotten his airness and jordan's legacy seems no more than a myth to them?

dam kids these days.

In all fairness this kid wasn't even born or an infant in Jordan's prime years. He has zero perspective.

PistolPete44
04-10-2013, 09:20 PM
scott burrell. one of my favorite MJ stories

After one of the Bulls' practices in 1997, Scott Burrell, Jordan's teammate, challenged Jordan to a game of one on one. They played and Burrell had a good chance to beat Jordan with the score tied at six a piece (going up to seven). Burrell had the ball, but Ron Harper who was watching the game on the sidelines called Burrell for traveling. Jordan got the ball back and without hesitation drove past Burrell and dunked the ball making it a 7-6 victory. Michael got the last shot to win, but Burrell was right up in MJ's face trash talking. MJ didn't say a word and just walked off the court. A few days later Burrell convinced MJ to play again, but Jordan won easily this time. Again, Jordan just walked off the court without saying a word. But Burrell couldn't keep his mouth shut. Burrell said to MJ, "C'mon, let's go back out there and finish this!" Jordan replied, "You just want to play so you can go tell your kids when they grow up that you beat Michael Jordan once. What am I gonna tell my kids? I beat Scott Burrell? Big deal. They'll slap the hell out of me."
http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/sportsblog/celts0827.jpg
scott and michael

FreezingTsmoove
04-10-2013, 09:31 PM
I'm kidding I was being a smart ass :cheers:
I knew Harrison was highly ranked but I have not watched any of them actually play, only highlights. I thought the reason Wiggins overtook him was simply because of the reclassification? Wasn't Julius Randle number one for awhile? Or was that Jabari Parker?

Not sure but it was Jabari, Harrison, Harrison, Gordon before the HS season started. Randle was #5 I think. not too sure

IGOTGAME
03-08-2014, 02:08 PM
I don't think even think Harrison will last in the NBA.

jzek
03-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Guys, he just wants publicity that's why he said that.

Straight_Ballin
03-08-2014, 02:12 PM

His work ethic is nothing compared to what Jordan's was. He wouldn't win shit against the GOAT and has made the world view him as a complete dumbass for making such a statement.

Someone get this kid a PR agent before he says more stupid shit.

Quickening
03-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Most of the people on this forum have never even played basketball at a decent high school level, and they're hating on a top prospect for having confidence in himself, betas...

fpliii
03-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Definitely would beat Jordan (and it would be ugly). Man is constantly evolving, MJ would be a benchwarmer in today's NBA.

Straight_Ballin
03-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Definitely would beat Jordan (and it would be ugly). Man is constantly evolving, MJ would be a benchwarmer in today's NBA.

20+ years later and the best player of the last 10 years was outdone by Jordan's first 10 years!

The saltiness on not being able to watch Jordan in his prime is so apparent in today's youth, while the more knowledgeable fans sit back and smile having seen Jordan, Kobe and lebron all in their prime.

fpliii
03-08-2014, 02:27 PM
20+ years later and the best player of the last 10 years was outdone by Jordan's first 10 years!

The saltiness on not being able to watch Jordan in his prime is so apparent in today's youth, while the more knowledgeable fans sit back and smile having seen Jordan, Kobe and lebron all in their prime.
Not only Jordan, but it's a resentment of all players from the 90s and earlier.

SMH

Straight_Ballin
03-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Not only Jordan, but it's a resentment of all players from the 90s and earlier.

SMH

I was trying to not be too harsh. I start mentioning other 90's greats and there might be a few panic attacks on this board...

fpliii
03-08-2014, 02:34 PM
I was trying to not be too harsh. I start mentioning other 90's greats and there might be a few panic attacks on this board...
To be fair, I think it's mostly schtick.

BoutPractice
03-08-2014, 02:40 PM
I noticed those "at least he's got confidence, that's good" guys actually tend to underperform compared to the more quiet types. Contrast OJ Mayo and Derrick Rose.. or young Lenny Cooke, who wanted to play Kobe 1 on 1 while still in HS, and say Kevin Durant. There are exceptions, but my guess would be that the quiet ones tend to be smarter (saying you'd beat Jordan is not confident, it's stupid... there's a fine line but that's basically where you cross it) and work harder (less entitled), so if the talent level is equal they'll be at an advantage. Yet scouts will still often confuse foolishness with determination and a drive to be great.

senelcoolidge
03-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Wasn't this Kentucky team suppose to be the greatest? That's the thing about these teams every year it's a group of one and done's. They are very disappointing. They need 2 more years of college to be decent quality basketball players.

IGOTGAME
03-08-2014, 02:45 PM
I noticed those "at least he's got confidence, that's good" guys actually tend to underperform compared to the more quiet types. Contrast OJ Mayo and Derrick Rose.. or young Lenny Cooke, who wanted to play Kobe 1 on 1 while still in HS, and say Kevin Durant. There are exceptions, but my guess would be that the quiet ones tend to be smarter (saying you'd beat Jordan is not confident, it's stupid... there's a fine line but that's basically where you cross it) and work harder (less entitled), so if the talent level is equal they'll be at an advantage. Yet scouts will still often confuse foolishness with determination and a drive to be great.
I just don't understand the big deal about him as a prospect. He is a severely overrated athlete who can't shot and is a not a good passer.

Milbuck
03-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Most of the people on this forum have never even played basketball at a decent high school level, and they're hating on a top prospect for having confidence in himself, betas...
There's a huge difference between being self-confident, and a disrespectful sack of shit. It's prime Michael ****ing Jordan we're talking about...against a high school kid who isn't even a top 5 prospect in his draft class?

hawksdogsbraves
03-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Is there really a need to lose our minds over what some idiot high schooler said? I'm pretty sure everybody says some dumb shit in high school.

Clyde
03-08-2014, 04:09 PM

His brother is the better prospect

JimmyMcAdocious
03-08-2014, 04:13 PM
lol. He and his brother were lottery picks before playing college ball and now they are projected late first/early second round. :facepalm

1 year draft rule saves another team. Two, actually.