PDA

View Full Version : I got to hand it to Kobe Bryant at 34 and still "dueling" with the NBA's young guns..

tgan3
04-11-2013, 03:50 AM
First it was Kobe vs Kyrie Irving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQnnBkj8lro

Kobe had 42, Irving 28 points and 11 assists but it was the Cavs who came up tops..

Then it was the Kobe and Damian Lilard showdown..:rockon:

I just have mad respect for this guy. I believe I would be in a wheelchair by 34 instead of running around guarding super-talented 20 year olds in basketball! :bowdown:

monkeypox
04-11-2013, 03:58 AM
I heard Lillard and Kobe had a conversation at the end of the game. I wonder what they were talking about.

TonyMontana
04-11-2013, 04:03 AM
The Cavs and the Blazers....Pretty sad that Kobe has to try so hard to beat them. LeBron would get about 25 points halfway through the third and then sit as his team is up by 30. :roll:

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 04:22 AM
All this 34yr old fapping is ridiculous...many other players have beasted at age 34, for seasons length at that too. Stop making it seem as if it's some rare feat.

Hakeem
Malone
MJ - ASG MVP, league MVP, FMVP
etc.

TheBrewer
04-11-2013, 04:24 AM
All this 34yr old fapping is ridiculous...many other players have beasted at age 34, for seasons length at that too. Stop making it seem as if it's some rare feat.

Hakeem
Malone
etc.

You mentioned one SG and that's MJ... comparing MJ to Kobe? lol... lets not even talk about actual mileage on each of their legs. without speed, guards are utterly useless. As age starts to creep up, athleticism seizes and it all becomes about skill.

Legends66NBA7
04-11-2013, 04:27 AM
Stop making it seem as if it's some rare feat.

Hakeem
Malone
etc.

By stating "stop making it seem as if it's some rare feat" and then to come up with those 3 names ?... It does make it rare.

jcsrplumply
04-11-2013, 04:29 AM

Hakeem
Malone
etc.

It's rare.

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 07:13 AM
Didn't kno you all wanted every player at 34...

Well there was also:

Drexler-quadruple double game too
Stockton-60+ wins and 12 ast
Wilt
Nash
Magic (36)- played maybe 40 games and had a 20/10/10 stay line off the bench

Continue?!?

Quintilianus
04-11-2013, 07:39 AM

Well there was also:

Wilt
Nash

Continue?!?
so drexler for one game? 18-6-6 vs 27-6-5?
Wilt bas back in the stone age, that's an exaggeration of course, but don't compare stats of a 7'2" greatest athlete ever to a 6'6" SG.
lol @ at nash

kNicKz
04-11-2013, 07:39 AM

Hakeem
Malone
etc.

Because being in the same league as Hakeem, Malone, and Jordan isn't special and amazing to watch :rolleyes:

WilliamsCollege
04-11-2013, 07:47 AM

Hakeem
Malone
Stockton
Wilt

:facepalm Ha ha, wow you just invalidated your own claim, and I'm a Kobe hater. That's excellent company to be in!

kNicKz
04-11-2013, 07:51 AM
:facepalm Ha ha, wow you just invalidated your own claim, and I'm a Kobe hater. That's excellent company to be in!

Seriously, using "Jordan was good at 34 too" to bash someone

:coleman:

MaxFly
04-11-2013, 10:04 AM

Hakeem
Malone
etc.

Lol, look at the names you have provided. No, really. Stop and think about what you are saying for a second. These are top 10 players of all time.

KobeMagic
04-11-2013, 10:09 AM
The Cavs and the Blazers....Pretty sad that Kobe has to try so hard to beat them. LeBron would get about 25 points halfway through the third and then sit as his team is up by 30. :roll:

RG?

dynasty1978
04-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Lol, look at the names you have provided. No, really. Stop and think about what you are saying for a second. These are top 10 players of all time.

Young Lebron/Heat "fans" tend to post first, think later.

KobeMagic
04-11-2013, 10:11 AM

Hakeem
Malone
etc.

"LOTS OF PEOPLE HAVE DONE THIS AT AGE 34!"

then lists just 3 people... :lol :roll:

the logic of these lebrontards..... :biggums:

dh144498
04-11-2013, 10:12 AM

ISH for ya.
Btw welcome. :applause:

jlip
04-11-2013, 10:17 AM
There is no way that any sane person can not be impressed with what Kobe has been doing as of late as a player in his 17th season who has logged as many minutes as he has over his career.

Eric Cartman
04-11-2013, 10:20 AM

Most of the teams in the NBA don't have it as easy as the Miami CHEAT.

WayOfWade
04-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Kobe's game is definitely built to last. Still incredible that its at this high a level still.

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 11:09 AM
what did I say wrong? all I'm pointing out is his fanboys daily threads in making it seem as Kobe is the only player to ever hit this level at this age. Never said anything about it not being an accomplishment. :confusedshrug:

as for the response on the players listed in comparison...at 34, those players barely dropped their stat lines when approaching 34. Drexler peaked early in his career point wise but simmered down the remainder of his tenure.

dh144498
04-11-2013, 11:11 AM
what did I say wrong? all I'm pointing out is his fanboys daily threads in making it seem as Kobe is the only player to ever hit this level at this age. Never said anything about it not being an accomplishment. :confusedshrug:

as for the response on the players listed in comparison...at 34, those players barely dropped their stat lines when approaching 34. Drexler peaked early in his career point wise but simmered down the remainder of his tenure.

this is what I see you write:

Faptastrophe
04-11-2013, 11:15 AM
I heard Lillard and Kobe had a conversation at the end of the game. I wonder what they were talking about.
"Kobe Bryant on what he said to Damian Lillard: "I just told him he's a bad boy.""

https://twitter.com/blazersedge/status/322209144117530624

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 11:15 AM
this is what I see you write:

next time, try to view it without the Kobe blinders on :rolleyes:

dh144498
04-11-2013, 11:17 AM
next time, try to view it without the Kobe blinders on :rolleyes:

next time, you should write something without Lebron's nuts in your hand. :rolleyes:

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 11:18 AM
next time, you should write something without Lebron's nuts in your hand. :rolleyes:

try taking them out your mouth first! :sleeping

dh144498
04-11-2013, 11:27 AM
try taking them out your mouth first! :sleeping

:biggums:

I'm not the lebron homer/bandwagoner here. so your statement doesn't make sense. :wtf:

NBASTATMAN
04-11-2013, 11:36 AM
First it was Kobe vs Kyrie Irving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQnnBkj8lro

Kobe had 42, Irving 28 points and 11 assists but it was the Cavs who came up tops..

Then it was the Kobe and Damian Lilard showdown..:rockon:

I just have mad respect for this guy. I believe I would be in a wheelchair by 34 instead of running around guarding super-talented 20 year olds in basketball! :bowdown:

He has looked better since that KNee injury and while I believe that knee injury is suspect I still have to give Kobe a tremendous amount of credit.. Too bad he plays for the Lakers...:lol

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 11:36 AM

I'm not the lebron homer/bandwagoner here. so your statement doesn't make sense. :wtf:

under your name says supporter of Ripthekik, and he has his mouth all over Lebron by the way he posts on ISH...domino effect

daily
04-11-2013, 12:24 PM

Hakeem
Malone
etc.

Let me fix this for you. It's not about age it's about milage on the legs
Last night Kobe played in his 1,238th regular season game

When Hakeem had reached that point he was averaging 7 points per game, 22 minutes per game, clearly Kobe is far and away above Hakeem at this time in their careers

MJ never played that many games a few season shy of equaling Kobe in that
department so you didn't even make a valid point there.

Malone is the only one of the three you can compare and if we do we'll see Malone at the same stage in his career was averaging 22 ppg playing 38 minutes compared to Kobe's 27 ppg on 38 minutes

dh144498
04-11-2013, 12:25 PM
under your name says supporter of Ripthekik, and he has his mouth all over Lebron by the way he posts on ISH...domino effect

lebron stan logic - bring up other things instead of sticking to the topic. :oldlol:

tpols
04-11-2013, 12:26 PM

Hakeem
Malone
etc.
Hahaha who the fvck are these guys? Guess it ain't that hard after all..

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 12:35 PM
lebron stan logic - bring up other things instead of sticking to the topic. :oldlol:

kobe stan logic - think every heat fan is a lebron stan :applause: :rolleyes: :facepalm

dh144498
04-11-2013, 12:37 PM
kobe stan logic - think every heat fan is a lebron stan :applause: :rolleyes: :facepalm

every "Heat fan" who joined post decision: "we're not lebron stans, we've been Heat fans since we were born." :roll:

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 12:40 PM
every "Heat fan" who joined post decision: "we're not lebron stans, we've been Heat fans since we were born." :roll:

coming from a Kobe stan with a join date of July 2012? :confusedshrug:

Shade8780
04-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Yeah man, Kobe is a beast.

AlphaWolf24
04-11-2013, 12:41 PM

Hakeem
Malone
etc.

so 3 players you listed?...all happen to be all time greats??

Logic much?

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 12:46 PM
so 3 players you listed?...all happen to be all time greats??

Logic much?

guess none of you ever saw the childhood film "The King and I"...when you do, maybe then you would understand what "etc." :facepalm

and again, where did I say it wasn't an accomplishment? he's not the first to do it as many of his stans presume.

Shade8780
04-11-2013, 12:49 PM
InsideHoops.

Where Heat and Lakers fans never get along.

AlphaWolf24
04-11-2013, 12:52 PM
guess none of you ever saw the childhood film "The King and I"...when you do, maybe then you would understand what "etc." :facepalm

and again, where did I say it wasn't an accomplishment? he's not the first to do it as many of his stans presume.

again....

recap.....

- you only could list 3 players!!!!!......

- all of wich are alltime greats!!!...1 happens to be arguably the greatest athlete ever!!

follow up....

out of all the years/players.....you only listed 3.

reasoning much?

dh144498
04-11-2013, 12:55 PM
ISH, where listing only a few individuals out of the thousands of players that have existed proves that it is "not a rare feat." :lol

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 12:58 PM
again....

recap.....

- you only could list 3 players!!!!!......

- all of wich are alltime greats!!!...1 happens to be arguably the greatest athlete ever!!

follow up....

out of all the years/players.....you only listed 3.

reasoning much?

smh...keep reading the 1st page, you'll see more players listed to satisfy your reasoning. however my reasoning was implied to all the fap sessions fom his stans thinking this is some rare thing that's occurred, as if no other NBA player could do what Kobe is currently doing. It's great within itself, but it's been done.

you stans get so emotional everytime someone says anything that isn't praising Kobe :rolleyes:

Doranku
04-11-2013, 12:59 PM
:roll: @ this LeBron stan/Heat bandwagoner getting sonned by every person in this thread. Even other Kobe haters. :oldlol:

Time for a new account, bud.

dh144498
04-11-2013, 01:01 PM
:roll: @ this LeBron stan/Heat bandwagoner getting sonned by every person in this thread. Even other Kobe haters. :oldlol:

:roll:
more African gimmicks, or JaggerCommaMick, mate. :lol

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 01:13 PM

sonned? lol

i don't make new/alternate accounts...only Kobe stans do this

ISH, where listing only a few individuals out of the thousands of players that have existed proves that it is "not a rare feat." :lol

you say thousands of NBA players...yet the average player only lasts 6-7 seasons. performing at this level when 34+ can only be measured against those capable of long tenure, which would be the greats (they last about 12 seasons) given that is more/less the top 50, and about 10 doing so within the 50...you're saying maybe 20%.

don't know what your measurement for rare is, but 20% isn't anywhere close to that

AlphaWolf24
04-11-2013, 01:24 PM
smh...keep reading the 1st page, you'll see more players listed to satisfy your reasoning. however my reasoning was implied to all the fap sessions fom his stans thinking this is some rare thing that's occurred, as if no other NBA player could do what Kobe is currently doing. It's great within itself, but it's been done.

you stans get so emotional everytime someone says anything that isn't praising Kobe :rolleyes:

- actually.....speaking for myself ( prolly others to)...I find it :roll:

- you are really salty, I mean you posted in a Kobe thread ..... " It's been done before...3 TIMES!!!" ....." meh...."

- sit back and look at yourself through everone's screen....

you salty nut.

KobeClutchAsFK
04-11-2013, 01:27 PM
- actually.....speaking for myself ( prolly others to)...I find it :roll:

- you are really salty, I mean you posted in a Kobe thread ..... " It's been done before...3 TIMES!!!" ....." meh...."

- sit back and look at yourself through everone's screen....

you salty nut.

This.

but please keep serving up that salt, I <3 it.

TOUCH MY BODY
04-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Let me fix this for you. It's not about age it's about milage on the legs
Last night Kobe played in his 1,238th regular season game

When Hakeem had reached that point he was averaging 7 points per game, 22 minutes per game, clearly Kobe is far and away above Hakeem at this time in their careers

MJ never played that many games a few season shy of equaling Kobe in that
department so you didn't even make a valid point there.

Malone is the only one of the three you can compare and if we do we'll see Malone at the same stage in his career was averaging 22 ppg playing 38 minutes compared to Kobe's 27 ppg on 38 minutes

Excellent post :applause:

lilgodfather1
04-11-2013, 01:53 PM

Well there was also:

Wilt
Nash

Continue?!?
I don't see a list of three. I see a list of 8.

I'd like to add

Kareem - 24/9 on 58% shooting
Shaq - 17/7 on 59% shooting
Bird - 19/9/7 on 45% shooting
Dirk - 17/7 on 47%
Duncan (36) - 18/10 on 51% shooting
West - 23/9/4 on 48% shooting
Moses - 19/10 on 48% shooting
Oscar - 16/8/5 on 45% shooting
Kidd - 11/10/8
Russell - 10/19/5 on 43% shooting
Baylor - 25/11/5 on 45% shooting

That's all i'm doing. I'm not saying all of them are better than Kobe, i'm not even saying any of them are. What I am saying is great players playing at a high level in their mid 30's isn't really rare. These are the most skilled players in NBA history for a reason. Once athletecism goes the skills are still there.

Kobe's year has been great though.

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 02:07 PM

I'd like to add

Dirk - 17/7 on 47%
Kidd - 11/10/8

That's all i'm doing. I'm not saying all of them are better than Kobe, i'm not even saying any of them are. What I am saying is great players playing at a high level in their mid 30's isn't really rare. These are the most skilled players in NBA history for a reason. Once athletecism goes the skills are still there.

this guy gets it...:applause: :applause: :applause:

KobeClutchAsFK
04-11-2013, 02:08 PM

What I think is incredible though about Kobe is that he's not just relying on his skills. The guy looks more athletic than he has looked since 2009. The dude has turned back the clock 4 years and is dunking on people like Frobe.

The Choken One
04-11-2013, 02:16 PM
No hate...but Russell shooting 43% is kinda sad.

Anyways, Kobe on that god time cuzz.

brandonislegend
04-11-2013, 02:22 PM

Hakeem
Malone
etc.

Can't wait til the rep system is back so I can neg the shit out of you for such a stupid reply.

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Can't wait til the rep system is back so I can neg the shit out of you for such a stupid reply.

why...because you like to neg based off of fallacy and your love for Kobe d*ckriding only? doubt you even read the remaining posts

makes you wonder why he took it away...:facepalm

ripthekik
04-11-2013, 02:47 PM
:oldlol: these dumbasses..
now do a list of players in their 17th season :rolleyes:

The Iron Fist
04-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Lebron played Portland twice this season and came up with 15 and 30 points.

47>>>45

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 02:53 PM
:oldlol: these dumbasses..
now do a list of players in their 17th season :rolleyes:

why...so if we were to compare stats of players verse Kobe, that you can b*tch and moan about how those first 2 seasons doesn't really count because he came off the pine again?

agenda driven...it's all you're about Rip, we get that! :lol

theBIGjabroni
04-11-2013, 02:58 PM
coming from a Kobe stan with a join date of July 2012? :confusedshrug:
can you two phagg0ts just kill yourselves?

ripthekik
04-11-2013, 02:59 PM
why...so if we were to compare stats of players verse Kobe, that you can b*tch and moan about how those first 2 seasons doesn't really count because he came off the pine again?

agenda driven...it's all you're about Rip, we get that! :lol
umm.. no. because at 17th seasons, you won't find players that are still averaging 27 ppg :confusedshrug:

so your statement of "let's not act like this is common" is just plain stupidity, but I wouldn't expect anything different from a lebron fan.

buddha
04-11-2013, 03:06 PM
not one mention of HGH? There's a thread with LeBron showing off his Le4pack and people are spouting off about his PED use. Kobe is miraculously playing like god himself rewound time and nobody suspects some fukkery is afoot?

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 03:13 PM
not one mention of HGH? There's a thread with LeBron showing off his Le4pack and people are spouting off about his PED use. Kobe is miraculously playing like god himself rewound time and nobody suspects some fukkery is afoot?

well it's Kobe stans making those claims...that should explain it:rolleyes:

lilgodfather1
04-11-2013, 03:22 PM
What I think is incredible though about Kobe is that he's not just relying on his skills. The guy looks more athletic than he has looked since 2009. The dude has turned back the clock 4 years and is dunking on people like Frobe.
Yes this, athletically speaking, is the best he has looked in years. I wouldn't be shocked if at 37 he was still at 24ppg. If he doesn't retire of course.

Kobe's well on his way to passing Malone, possibly Kareem if he doesn't retire. I in no way am trying to degrade Kobe with my previous post. I think he's one of the greatest players to ever lace em up, and from here on his stock can only rise (barring being passed). He could not make the playoffs for the rest of his career, and he'd still at worst be a top 10 player. If he does break Kareem's record, well imo I think i'd toss him ahead of Bird, Wilt, and Shaq.

Of course that assumes no more titles, which looks rather likely considering.

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 03:26 PM
umm.. no. because at 17th seasons, you won't find players that are still averaging 27 ppg :confusedshrug:

so your statement of "let's not act like this is common" is just plain stupidity, but I wouldn't expect anything different from a lebron fan.

actually, my statement was "let's not act like this is some rare feat" which is completely different from what you're trying to indicate...:lol

as far as referencing it as the 17th season, much different scenario as opposed to someone who is 34 years of age. Many players play 4/3/2 years of college which takes away from tenure, while some come out from high school...some even ride the pine for 2-years, so there's less toll on the body due to that as well :D (see what I did there, tactic seem familiar to you?)

if you want to go based off seasons only, create your own thread and stir it however you want to...this is about players playing high level in there mid-30's, for some that's only 10 seasons in the league, some even shorter

dh144498
04-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Heat "fans" going full retard in this thread. :oldlol:

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Heat "fans" going full retard in this thread. :oldlol:

Kobe stans refusing to see beyond their Kobe poster on the wall :facepalm

guess you didn't see the post listing these additional names from my 8 who played at high levels too

Originally Posted by lilgodfather1

I'd like to add

Dirk - 17/7 on 47%
Kidd - 11/10/8

ripthekik
04-11-2013, 04:06 PM

guess you didn't see the post listing these additional names from my 8 who played at high levels too
Post that list of players again with what they're doing in their 17th seasons. I dare ya. :oldlol:
Why, doesn't fit your agenda now? :rolleyes:

tpols
04-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Post that list of players again with what they're doing in their 17th seasons. I dare ya. :oldlol:
Not only that.. Look at who he listed.

None of those guys were top 5 players in the league like Kobe is now.. Except maybe west, Baylor, etc IDK what rankings were back then. But the fact that kobe has a better Statline than west when there were way more possessions back then says enough.

As far as a minutes played comparison.. It's almost one of a kind. As rare as it gets.

r15mohd

What agenda...OP said at 34 yrs of age, what does it matter what season # they're in?!? If you want to go off topic and do 17th season numbers, which I'm sure you're putting together now and soon to post, go right ahead. But leave this thread for the 34 yr olds and over

dh144498

only player you listed there who has stats comparable to kobe's 27-6-6 is Kareem.

And I love how it lists every player's FG% except JKidd's which was at sub 40%. :lol

ripthekik
04-11-2013, 04:22 PM

I'd like to add

Dirk - 17/7 on 47%
Kidd - 11/10/8

Oh really, nice try Lebron fan. Let me fix that to what those guys did in their 17th seasons.

Kareem - 24ppg, 6rpg, 33 minutes per game
Shaq - 17ppg, 8 rpg, 30 minutes per game
Bird - retired
Dirk - 2013 is only his 15th season
Duncan - 2013 is only his 16th season
West - retired
Moses - 10ppg, 8rpg, 23 minutes per game
Oscar - retired
Kidd - 8ppg, 8apg, 4rpg, 33 minutes per game
Russell - retired
Baylor - retired

So, nice job, Lebron fans. The only 2 guys in there that look good, are 2 centers that don't rely on their athleticism as much. Great work, it's not a feat at all :applause:

dh144498
04-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Oh really, nice try Lebron fan. Let me fix that to what those guys did in their 17th seasons.

Bird - retired
West - retired
Oscar - retired
Russell - retired
Baylor - retired

So, nice job, Lebron fans. The only 2 guys in there that look good, are 2 centers that don't rely on their athleticism as much. Great work, it's not a feat at all :applause:

:applause:

/ethered

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Not only that.. Look at who he listed.

None of those guys were top 5 players in the league like Kobe is now.. Except maybe west, Baylor, etc IDK what rankings were back then. But the fact that kobe has a better Statline than west when there were way more possessions back then says enough.

As far as a minutes played comparison.. It's almost one of a kind. As rare as it gets.

smh...comprehension is a hell of a thing when you actually take the time to use it

that list above us is of your compadre's...a fellow laker fan, my list did compile of many top 5-10 players, today and at their age of 34 when playing. Again, the first page and actually reading the posts this time, would tell you the story...but "you can only lead a horse to water...", as they say :rolleyes:

i'll help you out...my list includes, MJ, Magic, Wilt, etc. <--that pesky abbreviation again :D

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 04:26 PM

Bird - retired
West - retired
Oscar - retired
Russell - retired
Baylor - retired

lmao...called it, so pathetic!!! :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

What agenda...OP said at 34 yrs of age, what does it matter what season # they're in?!? If you want to go off topic and do 17th season numbers, which I'm sure you're putting together now and soon to post, go right ahead. But leave this thread for the 34 yr olds and over

dh144498
04-11-2013, 04:27 PM
smh...comprehension is a hell of a thing when you actually take the time to use it

that list above us is of your compadre's...a fellow laker fan, my list did compile of many top 5-10 players, today and at their age of 34 when playing. Again, the first page and actually reading the posts this time, would tell you the story...but "you can only lead a horse to water...", as they say :rolleyes:

i'll help you out...my list includes, MJ, Magic, Wilt, etc. <--that pesky abbreviation again :D

MAgic was retired from age 32-35. :wtf:

ripthekik

lmao, the other list came from a lebron fan like you.

Any knowledgeable NBA fan knows that Kobe's impressive season stems from not only the fact that he is 34, but that he has so much mileage in his 17 seasons. Trying to spin it to only the 34 year old part is what you lebron fans love to do, to discredit him. Shows that you guys know nothing about the game. "Heat" fans :rolleyes:

r15mohd
only player you listed there who has stats comparable to kobe's 27-6-6 is Kareem.

And I love how it lists every player's FG% except JKidd's which was at sub 40%. :lol

hey smart guy...that wasn't my list, Kobe stans hang themselves every damn time! lmao...:hammerhead:

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 04:28 PM

MAgic was retired from age 32-35. :wtf:

read the first page fool...the explanation is there!

dh144498
04-11-2013, 04:30 PM
hey smart guy...that wasn't my list, Kobe stans hang themselves every damn time! lmao...:hammerhead:

you used that list to try to make your point, so it's your list as well, not compiled by you, but you find that list to be valid.

So you were wrong about most of the guys on that list anyway. Keep changing the topic because you can't actually defend your clueless arguments. Oh lebron stans. :lol

dat (lack of) logic. :wtf:

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 04:31 PM
lmao, the other list came from a lebron fan like you.

Any knowledgeable NBA fan knows that Kobe's impressive season stems from not only the fact that he is 34, but that he has so much mileage in his 17 seasons. Trying to spin it to only the 34 year old part is what you lebron fans love to do, to discredit him. Shows that you guys know nothing about the game. "Heat" fans :rolleyes:

who's spinning what...i'm only staying on topic from what the OP posted, my only exception was Magic who came back at 36 (which is noted dh144498 :D )

seems to me the only one trying to make it spin or fit his agenda is you by noting 17th season, OP stated 34 in the thread title...stop your sh!t already! told you to start a new thread and stop spamming this one with your side-rhetoric :confusedshrug:

dh144498
04-11-2013, 04:32 PM
read the first page fool...the explanation is there!

so your justification for those guys are: "posted a quadruple double, amazing season by this player at 34 years old."
or
"had a 20-10-10 game coming off the bench, best season ever by a 36 year old."

:roll: :lol

a few games doesn't equate to a complete season. Look at their overall seasons and compare.

ripthekik
04-11-2013, 04:34 PM
who's spinning what...i'm only staying on topic from what the OP posted, my only exception was Magic who came back at 36 (which is noted dh144498 :D )

seems to me the only one trying to make it spin or fit his agenda is you by noting 17th season, OP stated 34 in the thread title...stop your sh!t already! told you to start a new thread and stop spamming this one with your side-rhetoric :confusedshrug:
Do you really think OP meant 34 years old as simply 34 years old, or does it encompass Kobe Bryant's entire NBA career including his 17 seasons? Answer me seriously, do you think when someone is impressed by Kobe, like OP, is he only impressive with the age? or his entire career?

I guess you just too dumb to comprehend that. Again, Lebron fans :rolleyes:
:oldlol:

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 04:35 PM
you used that list to try to make your point, so it's your list as well, not compiled by you, but you find that list to be valid.

So you were wrong about most of the guys on that list anyway. Keep changing the topic because you can't actually defend your clueless arguments. Oh lebron stans. :lol

dat (lack of) logic. :wtf:

my point has full validity...mj, hakeem, alone, stockton, etc. all fall under it. where is it clueless or defenseless?

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 04:37 PM
so your justification for those guys are: "posted a quadruple double, amazing season by this player at 34 years old."
or
"had a 20-10-10 game coming off the bench, best season ever by a 36 year old."

:roll: :lol

a few games doesn't equate to a complete season. Look at their overall seasons and compare.

who's fitting agenda's now...you omit MJ, Hakeem and Malone yet pull two exceptions I also included, lmao. it's also funny how you try to insert rhetoric I didn't even mention in my original posts...only the depiction of what you see with the Kobe glasses on. reach bro...keep trying!

ripthekik
04-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Hmm.. I forgot these are the same Lebron stans that use age to show that Lebron accomplished as much as Jordan at the same age... while ignoring that Lebron played almost 4 more seasons :roll: :roll: :roll:

Aww these guys, always spinning it to fit their agendas, how cute :applause:

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Do you really think OP meant 34 years old as simply 34 years old, or does it encompass Kobe Bryant's entire NBA career including his 17 seasons? Answer me seriously, do you think when someone is impressed by Kobe, like OP, is he only impressive with the age? or his entire career?

I guess you just too dumb to comprehend that. Again, Lebron fans :rolleyes:
:oldlol:

well the OP didn't note 17th season anywhere in the title or the original post...he stated "Bryant at 34". I took it for exactly what it was, the age factor.

If you want to make it about seasons up until age 34, that is a thread you can make...go ahead and do it already, I know you have the info on a word document brewing. :lol However, to do that is kind of impossible because too many factors play, espcially the ones where you yourself try to omit Kobe's first 2-seasons on the bench to strengthen his stats. Agenda driven...follow the OP's topic, I'm not assuming here...you are! :confusedshrug:

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Hmm.. I forgot these are the same Kobe stans that use riding the pine to omit that Kobe accomplished as much as (Insert Blank) at the same age... while ignoring that he actually played these 2 seaons as a supporter :roll: :roll: :roll:

Aww these guys, always spinning it to fit their agendas, how cute :applause:

fixed!

and funny how you use my stance on "agendas"...find your own foundation Rip, hurry up and post the thread! :D

ripthekik
04-11-2013, 04:51 PM
well the OP didn't note 17th season anywhere in the title or the original post...he stated "Bryant at 34". I took it for exactly what it was, the age factor.

If you want to make it about seasons up until age 34, that is a thread you can make...go ahead and do it already, I know you have the info on a word document brewing. :lol However, to do that is kind of impossible because too many factors play, espcially the ones where you yourself try to omit Kobe's first 2-seasons on the bench to strengthen his stats. Agenda driven...follow the OP's topic, I'm not assuming here...you are! :confusedshrug:
LMAO, still dodging the question like a true lebron tard. Here, let me finish your dumbass up.

When a person states he is impressed with a 34 year old Kobe, any knowledgeable NBA fan on this board knows that this points to his entire career, longevity, and mileage of 17 seasons.

What you and the other lebron fan did here, was to nitpick only simply the age 34, so that you could bring other NBA players in, to discredit Kobe. That's all there is to it.

Because we all know why Kobe's season is impressive- his mileage and longevity, while still being a top player in the league. If you take a look at all the other players, their stats are dropping significantly, minutes are dropped, they are no longer top 5 NBA players, and hell, most of them retired before their 17th seasons.

Lebron fans, r15mohd, stop making yourself look stupid. Give the man his props and move on. Then you can go back to watching more lebron videos on youtube and do your high school algebra homework.

NumberSix
04-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Dudes need to stop acting like Kobe is 42 years old. He's 34. It's not that old.

r15mohd
04-11-2013, 05:04 PM
LMAO, still dodging the question like a true lebron tard. Here, let me finish your dumbass up.

When a person states he is impressed with a 34 year old Kobe, any knowledgeable NBA fan on this board knows that this points to his entire career, longevity, and mileage of 17 seasons.

What you and the other lebron fan did here, was to nitpick only simply the age 34, so that you could bring other NBA players in, to discredit Kobe. That's all there is to it.

Because we all know why Kobe's season is impressive- his mileage and longevity, while still being a top player in the league. If you take a look at all the other players, their stats are dropping significantly, minutes are dropped, they are no longer top 5 NBA players, and hell, most of them retired before their 17th seasons.

Lebron fans, r15mohd, stop making yourself look stupid. Give the man his props and move on. Then you can go back to watching more lebron videos on youtube and do your high school algebra homework.

First...show where I took props away from Kobe accomplishing this? I just stated he wasn't the first to do so, and many others have. no once did I say he was anything less superior fanboy...again, you try to depict a picture that isn't there.

and what question am I dodging, you're making it what it isn't...not me. I took it for age factor, exactly how it's stated. only one dodging anything is you, trying to make it fit under your scroll of Kobe-fap material.

9erempiree
04-11-2013, 06:20 PM
No surprise here from Kobe, the greatest player to dribble a basketball.

BlackVVaves
04-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Dudes need to stop acting like Kobe is 42 years old. He's 34. It's not that old.

Though 17 years in the league is pretty long to endure. Almost two decades.

9erempiree
04-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Greatest player ever!

Poetry
04-11-2013, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if at 37 he was still at 24ppg. If he doesn't retire of course.

Very likely actually. As long as he keeps playing, he'll slow down the aging process.

AlphaWolf24
04-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Very likely actually. As long as he keeps playing, he'll slow down the aging process.

:lol What?

- the only reason Kobe is able to maintain his elite level is becuase he constantly maintains his overall health......every day.

- he's not slowing down his aging....he's working extremely hard to keep in shape.....extremely hard.

- anyone who dedicates thier life to bieng in top physical shape year round will still be very healthy as they enter mid life and beyond.....but let's not get it twisted.....

he is still aging like anyone else...he's just working harder then anyone to keep in great shape.

Levity
04-11-2013, 06:48 PM
:lol What?

- the only reason Kobe is able to maintain his elite level is becuase he constantly maintains his overall health......every day.

- he's not slowing down his aging....he's working extremely hard to keep in shape.....extremely hard.

- anyone who dedicates thier life to bieng in top physical shape year round will still be very healthy as they enter mid life and beyond.....but let's not get it twisted.....

he is still aging like anyone else...he's just working harder then anyone to keep in great shape.

exactly

excercise and diet have been a key factor in kobe's success this season. The dude cut out all junk food and is eats plenty of lean meats and vegetables. I know he doesnt drink at all, and most likely doesnt blaze, so his body must be feeling pretty good at this point. minus the wear and tear of a 38+ minute a game season.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-11-2013, 06:49 PM
By stating "stop making it seem as if it's some rare feat" and then to come up with those 3 names ?... It does make it rare.
exactly what i was thinking. what a clown.

NBASTATMAN
04-11-2013, 06:51 PM

Bird - retired
West - retired
Oscar - retired
Russell - retired
Baylor - retired

How can you compare what these guys did in their 17th season with what Kobe did? Don't you know that Kobe skipped college. These guys all went and played in college. ONLY KOBESTAN IDIOTS CAN MAKE CLAIMS LIKE THESE...:facepalm

Too bad Kobe's STAN base is full of idiots.. :roll:

Let's not bring up the fact that Kobe has had EXPERIMENTAL NON FDA APPROVED knee surgery in GERMANY. I am sure that added a couple of years to his career. Grant HIll has played ever since he had a similar treatment and he was shot before it..

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-11-2013, 06:55 PM

:lol

Poetry
04-11-2013, 07:04 PM

He is slowing down the aging process.

That's precisely what a good diet and exercise do.

You can't stop aging, but you can slow it down a bit by being active and eating well.

And staying active also helps your body heal.

All common medical knowledge.

If Kobe were to stop dieting and exercising, his body would age at a faster rate on a molecular level and he would be more prone to injury.

All people have a chronological age and a molecular age.

daily
04-11-2013, 07:19 PM
How can you compare what these guys did in their 17th season with what Kobe did? Don't you know that Kobe skipped college. These guys all went and played in college. ONLY KOBESTAN IDIOTS CAN MAKE CLAIMS LIKE THESE...:facepalm

Too bad Kobe's STAN base is full of idiots.. :roll:

Let's not bring up the fact that Kobe has had EXPERIMENTAL NON FDA APPROVED knee surgery in GERMANY. I am sure that added a couple of years to his career. Grant HIll has played ever since he had a similar treatment and he was shot before it..

You're not trying to compare a season of college to a season in the NBA are you? You realize that MJ's entire college career doesn't add up to one season in the NBA with a title run, Karrem's total college career he played 88 games and the games are shorter. You seem fairly bright so I hope you're not going down that road because if you are it's a dead end

Oh wait, read the FDA comment... Nvm you're not as bright as you seem at first look

Like I said before it's not about actual age, it's about the mileage on their legs

NBASTATMAN
04-11-2013, 07:21 PM

You can't stop aging, but you can slow it down a bit by being active and eating well.

If Kobe were to stop dieting and exercising, his body would age at a faster rate on a molecular level and he would be more prone to injury.

I am sure his eating habits have helped but the EXPERIMENTAL KNEE SURGERY is the biggest reason why he is still playing at a high level. He looks like he is 30 again.. No one can fix their knees by changing their eating habits.. :rockon: :rockon:

LongLiveTheKing
04-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Wish i would've seen the game.
Props to Kobe...

daily
04-11-2013, 07:37 PM
I am sure his eating habits have helped but the EXPERIMENTAL KNEE SURGERY is the biggest reason why he is still playing at a high level. He looks like he is 30 again.. No one can fix their knees by changing their eating habits.. :rockon: :rockon:

It's not knee surgery. Your ignorance is astounding, yet you just keep talking.

Here's what they do for everyone that's had to read your BS.

First off let's clear something up. Kobe did not have it done this season. it's been nearly a year and a half since it was done and it's said to only last a few months.

They take out a vial of your own blood. Spin it up in a centrifuge and separate the different parts. They then inject the part they want back into the joint to help the body in the fight against inflammation from Arthritis. This is using something your own body makes already and just putting it in a concentrated form where it's needed.

AlphaWolf24
04-11-2013, 07:38 PM

- no...he's just staying in great shape so he can run and jump. He is not slowing down his aging....he is just in great shape.( so he can still participate in a athletic sport)

- the people who live the longest are not work out fanatics....( of course if someone is obese and putting added pressure on thier body it does make them more prone to heart desease etc...or drug use/smoking may cause organ faiure) but that nothing to do with aging.

- Staying active/in shape helps you recover from injury because your Body/ligiments muscles are stronger and more pliable ( to prevent tears/rips etc)..does not mean you are any younger.

- Kobe is in great shape....just as many people who are 34 and constantly work on maintaining excellent overall health.

that doesn't mean they are slowing down thier aging process and are going to live to 100....in fact they most likley ( if a male) will live to 65 - 70 years old....no matter what. Quality of life is going to be greater.

Poetry
04-11-2013, 07:39 PM
it's been nearly a year and a half since it was done and it's said to only last a few months.

It lasts at least 2-4 years.

zizozain
04-11-2013, 07:44 PM
lol @ DuMa and his new alt account(s)

sad

daily
04-11-2013, 07:46 PM
It lasts at least 2-4 years.On a normal patient. Not on an athlete who's spends his career trying to undo it. :lol

That's why when Kobe first got it done he had to go back after the Olympic play before the NBA season started. It only lasted a few months. Now he does a PRP therapy that's available in the US to anyone

GrapeApe
04-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Kobe has been amazing, no doubt. I'm a Heat fan but there's nothing wrong with recognizing greatness and giving credit for outstanding play. I just wonder if he'll have anything left in the tank if the Lakers do make the playoffs. Sure, 34 isn't 54, but sooner or later playing heavy minutes and expending all of that energy is bound to take its toll.

KobeClutchAsFK
04-11-2013, 08:01 PM

First off let's clear something up. Kobe did not have it done this season. it's been nearly a year and a half since it was done and it's said to only last a few months.

They take out a vial of your own blood. Spin it up in a centrifuge and separate the different parts. They then inject the part they want back into the joint to help the body in the fight against inflammation from Arthritis. This is using something your own body makes already and just putting it in a concentrated form where it's needed.

It actually doesn't just last a month or 2. The second part of the procedure, called Regenokine, actually helped repair his knee long-term.

NBASTATMAN
04-11-2013, 08:19 PM
You're not trying to compare a season of college to a season in the NBA are you? You realize that MJ's entire college career doesn't add up to one season in the NBA with a title run, Karrem's total college career he played 88 games and the games are shorter. You seem fairly bright so I hope you're not going down that road because if you are it's a dead end

Oh wait, read the FDA comment... Nvm you're not as bright as you seem at first look

Like I said before it's not about actual age, it's about the mileage on their legs

I could tell you were an idiot from the start because the Orthokine procedure pretty much HELPED KOBE FEEL YOUNG AGAIN. None of the other players had that advantage.. His knees are fine. Two years ago he was playing 33 minutes a game because of them. Now he is going like a 27 year old AND PLAYING 48 on some nights..

kobe stans are DUMB...

NBASTATMAN
04-11-2013, 08:28 PM

You forgot to point out that its heated. The heating process increases the bloods anti-inflammatory proteins by 100 times.. :wtf:

What other TREATMENTS OR DRUGS are used for anti-inflammation? :kobe:

Have any of the other players that people are comparing Kobe to used a similar process to keep their knees healthy? :no:

FCUKING IDIOT STANS

NBASTATMAN
04-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Kobe has been amazing, no doubt. I'm a Heat fan but there's nothing wrong with recognizing greatness and giving credit for outstanding play. I just wonder if he'll have anything left in the tank if the Lakers do make the playoffs. Sure, 34 isn't 54, but sooner or later playing heavy minutes and expending all of that energy is bound to take its toll.

Shit Kobe is playing his best ball since 2009. In my opinion his offense in the last couple of weeks has been as good as anyone in the league... Can't hate that.. Too bad he is a Laker..:oldlol: