PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosis Of The Fully Torn Achilles - Very Unlikely Kobe Plays Again

Euroleague
04-13-2013, 01:11 PM
I read up on it................

partially torn Achilles (the ones that guys normally come back from) cause a lot of pain - it hurts really bad.

You can do the surgery and rehab and come back, maybe not as good though.

FULL TEAR =

you hear a loud pop, but the pain is very minimal, or even no pain at all. The ability to feel the pain is pretty much gone because the tendon is dead. It's been totally ripped apart and no longer functions at all. That part of the body is dead.....thus it does not hurt.

this type of injury requires an extreme surgery and a full year of intense rehab to recover back to normal. Not to play again.....a full year to recover normal everyday use.

It is highly unlikely for an NBA player to play again after this injury.

The FULL tear is the one Isaiah Thomas had, that ended his career at age 32.

Kobe's pain response and the loud pop sound means he suffered the total complete full tear.

The diagnosis is that it's very unlikely he would ever play again. It's possible, but highly unlikely at his age, and with how long and grueling the rehab process is.

jcsrplumply
04-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Wow....
:cry: :cry: :cry:

ispin69
04-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Yes.

The Choken One
04-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Welp...I still got Kobe tearing the league a new one in association mode. :D

TheMarkMadsen
04-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Well OP your word is gold around here so...

no link, and just a bunch of assumptions from a racist living in arkansas

anyways, if anybody can return from this it's Kobe, he wasn't voted leagues toughest player for nothing

DonDadda59
04-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Yikes :(

I've read that Kobe's tear was COMPLETE. Looks like his career might be done. Terrible way for an athlete to go out...

Euroleague
04-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Well OP your word is gold around here so...

no link, and just a bunch of assumptions from a racist

anyways, if anybody can return from this it's Kobe, he wasn't voted leagues toughest player for nothing

Don't be an asshole. I'm a big Kobe fan idiot. Why do you think I bothered to read up on just exactly what the injury he has means?

Kobe is one of my favorite players.

G-Funk
04-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Tha Man Has Spoken!

General
04-13-2013, 01:24 PM
:mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad:

tmacattack33
04-13-2013, 01:25 PM

partially torn Achilles (the ones that guys normally come back from) cause a lot of pain - it hurts really bad.

FULL TEAR =

you hear a loud pop, but the pain is very minimal, or even no pain at all. The ability to feel the pain is pretty much gone because the tendon is dead. It's been totally ripped apart and no longer functions at all. That part of the body is dead.....thus it does not hurt.

this type of injury requires an extreme surgery and a full year of intense rehab to recover back to normal. Not to play again.....a full year to recover normal everyday use.

Kobe's pain response and the loud pop sound means he suffered the total complete full tear.

The diagnosis is that it's very unlikely he would ever play again. It's possible, but highly unlikely at his age, and with how long and grueling the rehab process is.

You were at the game with courtside seats and heard the pop sound?

kNicKz
04-13-2013, 01:25 PM
We might never see Kobe Bryant play live again

let that sink in

Euroleague
04-13-2013, 01:26 PM
You were at the game with courtside seats and heard the pop sound?

No, but Kobe told a reporter that he heard a loud pop sound.

kennethgriffin
04-13-2013, 01:30 PM
kobe also said on facebook that he cant feel anything. his foot is numb, dead weight

i think he will come back. but realise his days are numbered and retire within a month after averaging 15 points on 35%

NugzFan
04-13-2013, 01:39 PM
wow. i dont like kobe. i dont like the lakers.

but i feel bad. i dont want him to go out like this. it just feels wrong.

gengiskhan
04-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Wow...are you serious? Get this trash out of here.

sorry

I did not mean it like dat.

Its the stupidity & retardedness thats bothersome. You got fully recovering Howard & Gasol who are always complaining about "touches" & not enough "Ball movement"

for god's sake, Kobe is NOT a Wizards MJ with wizard's line up.

His insecurities & lack of trust in future hall of famers on his team is alarming. :facepalm

In this sense, he deserved his fate because of the lack of faith in his all-star BIG MEN team mates.

thats what I meant.

Sumter15
04-13-2013, 01:44 PM
sorry

Its the stupidity & retardedness thats bothersome. You got fully recovering Howard & Gasol who are always complaining about "touches" & not enough "Ball movement"

His insecurities & lack of trust in future hall of famers on his team is alarming. :facepalm

In this sense, he deserved his fate because of the lack of faith in his all-star BIG MEN team mates.

thats what I meant.

ISH: where nothing is off limits to troll about...

oh the horror
04-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Thing is, Kobe ain't walking away from next years 30 million. Is he?

Doranku
04-13-2013, 01:47 PM
He'll come back... he has to... right? :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

retaxis
04-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Thing is, Kobe ain't walking away from next years 30 million. Is he?
If so...count out next year as well for the Lakers. Lakers was going to retool but it might take a few years based on how Kobe goes out.

sportjames23
04-13-2013, 02:11 PM
he asked for it. Mike Brown limited his mins last year. before that Phil Jackson limited his mins.

Guy like D'Antoni cannot put kobe on bench despite him shooting 5/16 FG. Kobe actually deserved it.

Its stupidity rather than greatness to hang around on the court being inefficient & just chucking.

Kobe was playing 45+ mins for past 4 games. Thats just retarded.

Damn, gengis. Just damn, man.

I lurked here for a while before I was able to finally register, but I remember you used to have quality posts, but lately, dude...SMH.

Kobe stans irk the shit outta me, but I like Kobe (his game comes closest to my favorite player, MJ) and never want to see anyone, especially a great player like him, go out like this.

rs98762001
04-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Damn, gengis. Just damn, man.

I lurked here for a while before I was able to finally register, but I remember you used to have quality posts, but lately, dude...SMH.

Kobe stans irk the shit outta me, but I like Kobe (his game comes closest to my favorite player, MJ) and never want to see anyone, especially a great player like him, go out like this.
The main thing about his having gone full retard is that he seems to think Kobe was playing every minute of these games to pad his effing stats. Which just clearly reveals that either he's so blinded by his own hatred, or else just really, really stupid. Anyone who watched 3 seconds of any Laker game over the last month saw that Bryant was putting the entire team on his back and simply refusing to let the Lakers miss the playoffs. That wouldn't have been necessary had his coach and teammates showed up for the first 3/4 of the season.

ProfessorMurder
04-13-2013, 02:21 PM
i think he will come back. but realise his days are numbered and retire within a month after averaging 15 points on 35%

35% must be record efficiency for him.

Doranku
04-13-2013, 02:25 PM
35% must be record efficiency for him.
All the trolling in the world isn't going to make you any less neglected in the real world.

Stay lonely.

Doctor Rivers
04-13-2013, 02:52 PM

lol wut

nathanjizzle
04-13-2013, 03:08 PM
there is genetic tissue 3d printing. he can have his right tendon 3d scanned, then mirrored in cad software. they can cut off a piece of his tendon to incubate and generate the tissue. then they can 3d print the model of tis left tendon then do a transplant. he will be back in 1 and a half years.

Kingwillball
04-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Let me say this I may have beef with Laker Stans but I WOULD HATE for Kobe to not come back and go out on his terms.. This will make me be pulling for Kobe and dare I say it rooting for Him to make it back. Lebron is My boy but LIke him or Not the League is not the same without Kobe in it.

BoutPractice
04-13-2013, 03:09 PM
It may well be fully torn... but as many people have said, if any player can come back from that kind of injury, it'd be him. He's not exactly one to give up easily.

Rubio2Gasol
04-13-2013, 03:12 PM
If he can walk again he will play again. Guarantee that.

ILLsmak
04-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Kobe plays way too wild, though. I dunno if that's good or bad. That shit he did was OC.

I think that's why certain guys don't get injured... like MJ, you just don't put yourself out there like that. It's not worth it.

-Smak

KungFuJoe
04-13-2013, 03:14 PM
I did a complete rupture of my achilles back in Oct of 2011. Had surgery a couple weeks later (after all the diagnosis BS). They did a type of procedure where they take plasma from my body and use it to help the healing process of my achilles.

I was walking, without ANY assistance within 3 months.

6 months later, I was playing ball again.

This happened when I was 37, btw. I'm still playing ball. There is no pain in my achilles and I can't tell if there is any strength loss. That being said, it was on my right achilles and being right handed, all my strength is in my left leg. I notice Kobe tore his left one so that will be an issue.

Not making a statement towards Kobe's future, but an achilles injury does NOT mean you're off your feet for a year. He'll be walking again within months.

Ancient Legend
04-13-2013, 03:15 PM

Isiah Thomas was planing on retiring at the end of the 94 season, he tore his achilles 1 month before the season ended. His injury didn't end anything. He just didn't rehab because he wasn't coming back anyway.

IncarceratedBob
04-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Let me say this I may have beef with Laker Stans but I WOULD HATE for Kobe to not come back and go out on his terms.. This will make me be pulling for Kobe and dare I say it rooting for Him to make it back. Lebron is My boy but LIke him or Not the League is not the same without Kobe in it.
You better pray for the bear you dumb bitch, I'm tired of your shit and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Look at this one way, either you keep Kobes name out of your shit filled mouth and go worship your stat padding boyfriend or just end your pathetic life and let us converse in peace. we don't need you, we dont want you. Reading your posts is what I imagine having my eye balls stabbed repeatedly feels like, your intelligence challenges that of a rat and I sincerely hope that our paths never cross, as least for your sake.

Bless Mathews
04-13-2013, 03:16 PM
sorry

thats what I meant.

Exactly. It's that rich white kid from the burbs mentality..

Scholar
04-13-2013, 03:17 PM
We might never see Kobe Bryant play live again

let that sink in

Makes me appreciate the 3 games I went to live even more now.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-13-2013, 03:21 PM
All the trolling in the world isn't going to make you any less neglected in the real world.

Stay lonely.
ouch

ProfessorMurder
04-13-2013, 03:37 PM

Stay lonely.

Oh, ouch I'm really torn up. Please, stop the onslaught.

You're name calling and giving your best effort to 'hurt me' because you're insecure and upset. Cry me a f*cking river.

theBIGjabroni
04-13-2013, 05:06 PM
sorry

thats what I meant.
hope your first born turns out mentally retarded like your dumbass.

ps
die with the rest of yiur family loser bitch

theBIGjabroni
04-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh, ouch I'm really torn up. Please, stop the onslaught.

You're name calling and giving your best effort to 'hurt me' because you're insecure and upset. Cry me a f*cking river.
go get laid. you losers need it

The Real JW
04-13-2013, 05:21 PM
ProfessorMurder is clinically depressed, ease up on him.

Funnyfuka
04-13-2013, 05:25 PM
i blame dantoni run and gun offense... poor assholes were all burned by the time the 4th quarter started. Kobe due to his exceptional athleticism -and response to designer roids and hgh- still had stamina, but look where it led him; even he finally destroyed himself going too far for too long. There s a reason pau, artest and kobe got hurt this season, simply because as they get older it's dumb to make them run from one side of the court to the other constantly not having enough time to recover on def. That's the way i see it, im not an expert tho. But when they were coached by pjax and his triangle offense, they seemed less tired. Look at spurs, popovich 's defensive system, not a lot of flashy drives to the basket but a lot of time passing the ball until someone makes an easy basket, staying the whole 24 sec in the oponent 's paint; it's easier on the oldest players.

poor kobe just like jordan, these guys dont know what else to do , they re overspecialized in one area of their lives... It must be like getting off steroids, losing your job or house , depressing. Oh well, he still a multi milionaire... i predict wife finally divorces him tho now he s finished.
I said it, i said he would destroy his body pushing the envelope too far, right before playoffs. And there, it happened. Howard is going to play like shit he s not a leader or anything; this clown might even leave lol.

Lakers with no defense they re going nowhere in the playoffs, lol do you see them beat okc, spurs...heat? please. they have 0 defensive capabilities, nash cant defend, he s old, maybe howard, but no way he put both def and offense on his -injured- shoulders... Dantoni run and gun /no defense moronic strategy only got kobe injured and the rest of the team burned out right before p/o exactly as i predicted it... this is the end for LA.

Kobe proved he could almost single handedly get the team to the p/o, but after that point, you ve go to be realistic. Now he s injured, they re toast.

DaSeba5
04-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Very sad day if he can never play again :(

Scoooter
04-13-2013, 05:29 PM
The Lakers don't use a "run-and-gun" offense. They settle up in the half court and give it to Kobe or Pau at the top of the key or in the post.

They're one of the slowest teams in the league.

bigkingsfan
04-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Meh he'll be back next year, and his season was coming to an end anyways.

sportjames23
04-13-2013, 06:02 PM
You better pray for the bear you dumb bitch, I'm tired of your shit and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Look at this one way, either you keep Kobes name out of your shit filled mouth and go worship your stat padding boyfriend or just end your pathetic life and let us converse in peace. we don't need you, we dont want you. Reading your posts is what I imagine having my eye balls stabbed repeatedly feels like, your intelligence challenges that of a rat and I sincerely hope that our paths never cross, as least for your sake.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4pk9umY5WGg/UEAgQgNoKfI/AAAAAAAAKHg/Ac9EviIhof4/s640/neil+deGrasse+Tyson+we+got+a+badass.png

DixieNourmous
04-13-2013, 06:10 PM

FULL TEAR =

Troll

Kobe has had this 2 times before in his career. If anyone can come back (at any age) it will be Kobe.

Unless you are a doctor involved in this case, you really have no idea what the phuk you are talking about.

Kobe will be back to score that 676 points to pass Jordan all time.

Euroleague
04-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Troll

Kobe has had this 2 times before in his career. If anyone can come back (at any age) it will be Kobe.

Unless you are a doctor involved in this case, you really have no idea what the phuk you are talking about.

Kobe will be back to score that 676 points to pass Jordan all time.

Stop trolling.

Rubio2Gasol
04-13-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm confident he'll play again...but reading about this injury...to come back an elite player at this age would be really pushing it. He would certainly have to re-invent his game somewhat.

Horde of Temujin
04-13-2013, 06:40 PM
You bring great shame upon my name.

sorry

thats what I meant.

Frozen1
04-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Kobe will fill his ass with HGH and his heel will grow fast and strong.

Doranku
04-13-2013, 06:44 PM
You bring great shame upon my name.
The sad thing is that I'm sure he has no idea what you're talking about. :roll:

DixieNourmous
04-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Stop trolling.

Did you really read anything medical on this injury?

Try this.. http://www.sportsmd.com/SportsMD_Articles/id/263/n/achilles_tendon_injury.aspx

What does Achilles tendon surgery involve?
Surgical repair is typically the treatment of choice for athletes. Surgical repair usually allows for:

Raider007
04-13-2013, 06:57 PM
[quote=DixieNourmous]Did you really read anything medical on this injury?

Try this.. http://www.sportsmd.com/SportsMD_Articles/id/263/n/achilles_tendon_injury.aspx

Surgical repair is typically the treatment of choice for athletes. Surgical repair usually allows for:

The Real JW
04-13-2013, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=DixieNourmous]Did you really read anything medical on this injury?

bmulls
04-13-2013, 07:05 PM
wow. i dont like kobe. i dont like the lakers.

but i feel bad. i dont want him to go out like this. it just feels wrong.

I feel the same way.

Euroleague
04-13-2013, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=DixieNourmous]Did you really read anything medical on this injury?

Euroleague
04-13-2013, 07:23 PM
future repped:rockon: thanks for some real talk

He is full of shit. The injury Kobe had is much worse than that.

UnbiasedGuy
04-13-2013, 08:18 PM
He is full of shit. The injury Kobe had is much worse than that.

source: euroleague.net

Ol Dirty Bastard
04-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Has anyone heard from Lakers play-by-play John Ireland?

Dude must be on serious suicide watch right now.

strifed169
04-13-2013, 08:47 PM
How da **** was he walking on it?

ripthekik
04-13-2013, 09:00 PM
ProfessorMurder is clinically depressed, ease up on him.
Deserves it :oldlol:

ProfessorMurder
04-13-2013, 10:59 PM
I'm not clinically depressed you dumb f*cks.

ripthekik
04-13-2013, 11:00 PM
I'm not clinically depressed you dumb f*cks.
:oldlol: That's what they always say.
But take care of yourself man.. if venting on Kobe keeps you sane, then I say keep at it :applause:

ProfessorMurder
04-13-2013, 11:09 PM
:oldlol: That's what they always say.
But take care of yourself man.. if venting on Kobe keeps you sane, then I say keep at it :applause:

1. That doesn't even make sense. Plenty of depressed people claim they're depressed. Why the f*ck do you think there are so many people taking anti-depressants?

2. I'm not venting about Kobe. I made a joke about his fg% and anything that isn't "I'm praying for you Kobe" is blasphemy to you morons.

ripthekik
04-13-2013, 11:18 PM
1. That doesn't even make sense. Plenty of depressed people claim they're depressed. Why the f*ck do you think there are so many people taking anti-depressants?

2. I'm not venting about Kobe. I made a joke about his fg% and anything that isn't "I'm praying for you Kobe" is blasphemy to you morons.
Take it easy bro. The world is beautiful. Go play some basketball, it'll make you feel better.

Derka
04-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Don't worry, guys! Euroleague read some things on the internet about it, which means he's an expert. The variety of sources he "read" that he was kind enough to document for us should allay all concerns and I for one am totally confident that he knows what he's talking about.

Bandito
04-13-2013, 11:26 PM
And I never got to see him play live.:(

dude77
04-13-2013, 11:34 PM
anybody watching nba tv ? ..

matt whiner:

"unlike his achilles tendon, his sense of humor remains intact" :o .. I don't think it's a big deal but I'm sure others may find that slightly distasteful

Nevaeh
04-14-2013, 07:19 AM
Kobe plays way too wild, though. I dunno if that's good or bad. That shit he did was OC.

I think that's why certain guys don't get injured... like MJ, you just don't put yourself out there like that. It's not worth it.

-Smak

I Always saw MJ and Kobe like Ryu and Ken in the Street fighter games. While Ryu was the more focused, disciplined student, who always thought about the "Bottom Line", Ken was the more wild, experimental "lets try this and see what happens" type.

But in life you learn that you gotta "know when to hold em, and when to fold them", especially as you get older.

Haymaker
04-14-2013, 07:31 AM
I Always saw MJ and Kobe like Ryu and Ken in the Street fighter games. While Ryu was the more focused, disciplined student, who always thought about the "Bottom Line", Ken was the more wild, experimental "lets try this and see what happens" type.

But in life you learn that you gotta "know when to hold em, and when to fold them", especially as you get older.

Great comparison.

Harison
04-14-2013, 07:37 AM
I dislike Kobe but I wanted him to go out with a big bang, not like this....

Of all the ways to end ones career this has to be the worst... Very sad news indeed.

P.S. Kobe is a warrior, so we might see him return. Never say never, so lets stay positive.