PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers...FAR SUPERIOR W/O Kobe

TonyMontana
04-15-2013, 01:01 AM
We've all witnessed(nope not talking about LeBrons MVP season and Finals MVP championship) the Lakers impressive victory over the number 2 ranked San Antonio Spurs tonight.

This is what happens when you take away one of the WORST defensive players in the entire NBA

So many dillusional casual fans that have never played organized basketball before still think Kobe is the best player in the NBA along with LeBron. If that was the case Kobe would've been able to secure a playoff seed with 4 hall of famers on his team. The reason LA has been terrible has been because of their failure to exploit the Howard-Gasol combo and Kobes deficiencies. Kobe is forced to guard the non dribbling shooter on defense because he can't do anything else. Even at such a simple task he still fails. He has constantly tried to cheat his man and help usually resulting in an open three point shot which has killed LA time and time again.

Then theres the Howard-Gasol combo. No team can match up with that frontcourt. Gasols shooting percentage was terrible tonight, yet for those that watched the game we saw LA bullying the Spurs in the paint. This goes back to the 09 and 10 teams that won games in the paint with a Bynum-Gasol-Odom frontline that was impossible to rival down low. Kobe has always goten the credit and provided the flash for the Lakers, but he has never provided the substance.

In this age the Lakers go as far as their frontcourt(just as it did when Prime Shaq ate the NBA and then when Bynum/Gasol/Odom were the best frontcourt in the league). When Dwight/Gasol actually get the ball and the chances to make plays the team is a matchup nightmare for anyone. When Kobe is dribbling the ball for 10 seconds and finishing with a fadeaway jumpshot? The defense loves it.

Because of Kobe, Nash was forced to a role where he was useless. If he is able to come back maybe D'Antoni and Nash can rekindle some of that past glory by letting Nash actually play to his strengths.

Without Kobe the Lakers can definetly beat SA in a series. They will lose to OKC though regardless since OKC is the best team in the West and will be the ones to lose to Miami in the finals.

Mrofir
04-15-2013, 01:03 AM
thread already exists. Cmon dude.

black&scholes
04-15-2013, 01:04 AM
there's no way spurs would of lost if kobe played, his defense would give the spurs 20-30 points

SMoKe0uT
04-15-2013, 01:04 AM
LOL @ the Fkin Troll

chazzy
04-15-2013, 01:06 AM
there's no way spurs would of lost if kobe played, his defense would give the spurs 20-30 points
Jodie Meeks defense :bowdown:

Sharmer
04-15-2013, 01:12 AM
Kupchak should use the amnesty clause with Kobe.

He's done.

Electric Slide
04-15-2013, 01:12 AM
Kobe made those front courts better because he provided the "Kobe assist"

oh the horror
04-15-2013, 01:15 AM
Yep. One game without Kobe clearly shows us this. Gotcha

nashwade
04-15-2013, 01:15 AM
if Nash can lead the Suns team to WCF twice. imagine what he (if healthy) can do with Pau and Dwight.

Electric Slide
04-15-2013, 01:18 AM
The Lakers record without Kobe throughout his career has been pretty good.

I'm surprised more people don't talk about it to discredit him but this is the way it is for high volume and low efficient players. They aren't missed very much.

Pacquiao
04-15-2013, 01:20 AM
Spurs would rather face the Warriors on the 1st round

poido123
04-15-2013, 01:22 AM

Is it not worth considering?

Its not the first time this team has performed well when Kobe wasnt there. Kobe is great when his shot is on and he is getting teammates involved, but when he ball dominates and shoots bricks, the team looks awful and lacking chemistry.

Mr. Jabbar
04-15-2013, 01:23 AM
OP...FAR SUPERIOR WHEN Banned

chazzy
04-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Kobe was holding back Steve Blake this entire time. It's no wonder he has his biggest games when he's out

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
04-15-2013, 01:24 AM
I'm not reading that. Learn to summarize phegget.

The-Legend-24
04-15-2013, 01:25 AM
Kobe haters, even when he's not playing they bring him up. So obsessed.

:oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-15-2013, 01:26 AM
Honestly, I think they play better defense without Kobe. Ball moves around more AND they force-feed their bigs too. LAL just needs a perimeter player that can create his own shot ... Nash?!?! :confusedshrug:

imdaman99
04-15-2013, 01:28 AM
TonyMontana=silkdaqueer

I know you banned on your other account, but could you at least try to hide it better? :facepalm

Sharmer
04-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Honestly, I think they play better defense without Kobe. Ball moves around more AND they force-feed their bigs too. LAL just needs a perimeter player that can create his own shot ... Nash?!?! :confusedshrug:

Nash is a defensive liability now.

He's been pathetic this year, him and Kobe , have been the worst defensive guard combo in the league.

Svendiggity
04-15-2013, 01:31 AM
People should be talking about how much heart the lakers played with, especially Steve Blake. Why do people want to hate when there are positive things to talk about.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-15-2013, 01:31 AM
TonyMontana=silkdaqueer

I know you banned on your other account, but could you at least try to hide it better? :facepalm
Definitely a possibility. I liked silkk. he was an entertaining troll.

poido123
04-15-2013, 01:32 AM
Kobe haters, even when he's not playing they bring him up. So obsessed.

:oldlol:

You don't seem to miss any of his threads :oldlol:

dh144498
04-15-2013, 01:33 AM
the logic of some of the posters in this thread is appalling.... especially all these accounts made in April 2013.... all spewing the same crap with similar thought processes. Someone needs to get a life. :oldlol:

Sharmer
04-15-2013, 01:33 AM
People should be talking about how much heart the lakers played with, especially Steve Blake. Why do people want to hate when there are positive things to talk about.

Because the question has to be asked are they better without him.

No way they win today with a healthy Kobe today.

Spurs score another 10-15 points and they win.

The-Legend-24
04-15-2013, 01:36 AM
You don't seem to miss any of his threads :oldlol:
Says the "Bulls fan" yet all he talks about is Kobe. :oldlol:

dh144498
04-15-2013, 01:37 AM

lmao. :applause:

Myth
04-15-2013, 01:42 AM
Does Kobe's injury make Dwight more or less likely to stay on the Lakers?

Element
04-15-2013, 01:43 AM
Kobe was holding back Steve Blake this entire time. It's no wonder he has his biggest games when he's out

This. This whole season it was Kobe holding Steve back from 23ppg@50% 3pt

coin24
04-15-2013, 01:43 AM
Kobe haters out in full force today:lol :facepalm f@ggots..

LAKERSRETHEBEST
04-15-2013, 01:50 AM
Impressive win for the Lakers without Kobe. They came out focused, determined & they got the job done. :applause:

Electric Slide
04-15-2013, 01:54 AM
Does Kobe's injury make Dwight more or less likely to stay on the Lakers?
Unless Kobe rules retirement, it is irrelevant.

DaSeba5
04-15-2013, 01:54 AM
All of you took the bait. Nobody made you comment here. He's trolling you.

Legends66NBA7
04-15-2013, 01:57 AM
All of you took the bait. Nobody made you comment here. He's trolling you.

Trolls are all out tonight.

poido123
04-15-2013, 02:13 AM

You called everyone out for being obsessed and in Kobe threads, yet your in all of them and sucking his **** :oldlol: I post in Kobe threads far less than other threads man, but you go ahead and keep speculating :oldlol:

Sharmer
04-15-2013, 02:14 AM
Kobe will go down as the most over rated player in NBA history.

Quintilianus
04-15-2013, 02:18 AM
The Lakers record without Kobe throughout his career has been pretty good.

I'm surprised more people don't talk about it to discredit him but this is the way it is for high volume and low efficient players. They aren't missed very much.
The Lakers record without Kobe is lower that with him.

It's not like his ex all-star teammates aren't motivated, and howard isn't getting better and better physically everyday. They have a normal coach too now.

Quintilianus
04-15-2013, 02:21 AM
Didn't miami beat the spurs without wade and lebron? Aren't they far superior without them since they still looked like a great team??

theBIGjabroni
04-15-2013, 02:25 AM
lakers and most importantly the bigs are better with kobe

DMAVS41
04-15-2013, 02:27 AM
It must really suck to be a Kobe stan tonight. We all know 1 game like this means nothing, but after an entire year of claiming that Howard can't create his own shot and is terrible...must be painful to watch a game like this.

I do hope the Lakers get into the playoffs because it makes for good theater, but also not sure if I want to listen to either side...

If you think the Lakers are better without Kobe....you are a moron.
If you think Howard can't score in the post....you are a moron.

TrueRob
04-15-2013, 02:28 AM
The Lakers would be better with a fully healthy Kobe who takes 10-15 shots per game and invests more energy on defense.

PieceOfFelt
04-15-2013, 02:29 AM
Lakers need Mamba, he's too good.

- Felt

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-15-2013, 02:40 AM
It must really suck to be a Kobe stan tonight. We all know 1 game like this means nothing, but after an entire year of claiming that Howard can't create his own shot and is terrible...must be painful to watch a game like this.

I do hope the Lakers get into the playoffs because it makes for good theater, but also not sure if I want to listen to either side...

If you think the Lakers are better without Kobe....you are a moron.
If you think Howard can't score in the post....you are a moron.

This. Especially the bold.

Does LAL do somethings better without Bean? Sure. They play better defense, have better ball-movement AND feed Pau and Dwight accordingly. At the end of the day, however, they're gonna need Kobe's savvy playmaking and scoring skills to beat an OKC or SA.

Screamingdoom
04-15-2013, 02:43 AM
There were times in the game when the offense became pretty stagnant and they couldn't create a shot. That's when they need Kobe, to break that scoring drought. But I agree that his defense coupled with Nash's defensive ineptitude makes the team terrible defensively.

NLZ
04-15-2013, 02:46 AM
Heat were winning without Wade, Spurs without Duncan and/or Parker.
Best player in the NHL? Crosby without question. They're like what 8-2 last 10 without him? Does that mean he's not the best anymore because his team performed well without him? No, has nothing to do with him or any of these guys.

TonyMontana
04-15-2013, 03:22 AM
I'm not reading that. Learn to summarize phegget.

Not my fault you can't read kid.

Does LAL do somethings better without Bean? Sure. They play better defense, have better ball-movement AND feed Pau and Dwight accordingly. At the end of the day, however, they're gonna need Kobe's savvy playmaking and scoring skills to beat an OKC or SA.

Kobe isn't propelling this team over anyone. Keep dreaming little boy. LA can beat a SA team with an injured Parker RIGHT NOW as seen by tonight. I thought LA dominated the paint and their defense looked good without the worst defensive player in the league leaving his guy wide open.

Kobe has never been a guy that got easy looks. You can't win when your primary method of offense is long two point jumpshots which is basically what Kobe brings to the table. Kobe hasn't been able to get into the paint consistently for years now. He is only fooling the retards with his "Oh man Kobe looks younger than ever!" shit. Kobe still has the ability to destroy the bottom feeders of the NBA just because there's such a big talent disparity between the top and the bottom, but against real teams Kobe has gotten exposed time and time again. Kobe is averaging 24 PPG on 42% shooting with nearly 5 TPG against the top ten defenses this year. LAs record vs them? Not very ****ing good.

Some kid earlier in the thread was talking shit about Jodie Meeks, but Kobe Bryant makes Jodie Meeks look like Avery Bradley on defense.

Doranku
04-15-2013, 03:27 AM
We've all witnessed(nope not talking about LeBrons MVP season and Finals MVP championship) the Lakers impressive victory over the number 2 ranked San Antonio Spurs tonight.

This is what happens when you take away one of the WORST defensive players in the entire NBA

So many dillusional casual fans

Clearly this man who has never competed at anything at a high level and can't spell 5th grade level words is more knowledgeable than the rest of the basketball world.

TonyMontana
04-15-2013, 03:33 AM
Clearly this man who has never competed at anything at a high level and can't spell 5th grade level words is more knowledgeable than the rest of the basketball world.

Ahh the classic internet english teacher.

When they do not possess the ability to come up with a counterargument they point out the misspelling of a word. :oldlol:

wEll brutha herez sum mor shyt fo u to coRRek

Save it for your high school classes little boy.

All Net
04-15-2013, 03:40 AM
How predictable was this....

raprap
04-15-2013, 03:44 AM
Defensive rotations looked pretty good without Kobe.

INDI
04-15-2013, 04:03 AM
Because the question has to be asked are they better without him.

No way they win today with a healthy Kobe today.

Spurs score another 10-15 points and they win.

Had Kobe played they would've won by more. He would've had Blake's points plus hit about 10 more free throws, Howard would've scored about the same ,(just had 28 on Friday WITH Kobe), and Pau would've scored atleast 17 off Kobe assists (just had 26 on Friday WITH Kobe).

Lol 2 can play the speculation game and instead of making valid posts we can all cherry pick data to support our arguments. The fact is a GIANT has fallen and the lakers have to really pull together to make some noise in the post season. If Kobe sucks then let's see Dwight take this team on his back n beat OKC since it was Kobe holding him back, he will have two HOFs with him won't he?

My data also tells me the heat are much better without wade and bron the way they best SAS without them also. You can't refute it because its a fact that they won lol

Figlo
04-15-2013, 04:23 AM
I know that it's a troll thread and some points are being exaggerated but i do agree mostly with the OP

UtahJazzFan88
04-15-2013, 04:48 AM
A lot of this thread is trolling, but I am starting to think that maybe their defense is quite a bit better with players that are fresh and not being run into the ground 48 MPG like Kobe is. It is understandable why Kobe is terrible on defense though, the guy played 48 minutes a night in the past 2-3 weeks, is expected or expects himself to put on the bulk of the scoring load for his team heading to the playoffs.

Pretty much this.

jcsrplumply
04-15-2013, 04:51 AM
A lot of this thread is trolling, but I am starting to think that maybe their defense is quite a bit better with players that are fresh and not being run into the ground 48 MPG like Kobe is. It is understandable why Kobe has been pretty lackluster on defense.

This.
Kobe can't do much in defense because he's giving his everything on scoring the ball.

Doctor Rivers
04-15-2013, 05:54 AM
wEll brutha herez sum mor shyt fo u to coRRek

learn to spell

DMAVS41
04-15-2013, 05:56 AM
Although I do want the Lakers to make the playoffs.

How funny would it now be if the Lakers just get destroyed by the Rockets on Wednesday and miss the playoffs.

What would you morons claiming they are betteer without Kobe say then?

Bandito
04-15-2013, 06:02 AM
Although I do want the Lakers to make the playoffs.

How funny would it now be if the Lakers just get destroyed by the Rockets on Wednesday and miss the playoffs.

What would you morons claiming they are betteer without Kobe say then?
They're probably going to say that they missed the playoffs thanks to him:facepalm

Laker4Lyfe
04-15-2013, 01:57 PM
The SUPERIOR Lakers will make it to the WCF and possibly win it all now!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

longtime lurker
04-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Is this a site for basketball discussion or just a place full of antagonizing assholes? No team is far superior without their best player. This type of thinking is simply retarded. Lakers barely had a chance to beat San Antonio with Kobe and they have no chance without him. These types of threads are just a sad attempt to take shots at Kobe because we all know that if the Lakers lose in the first round the same idiots that say they're better without Kobe will be no where to be found and instead will just blame Kobe for the Lakers only being a 8 seed.

Electric Slide
04-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Is this a site for basketball discussion or just a place full of antagonizing assholes? No team is far superior without their best player. This type of thinking is simply retarded. Lakers barely had a chance to beat San Antonio with Kobe and they have no chance without him. These types of threads are just a sad attempt to take shots at Kobe because we all know that if the Lakers lose in the first round the same idiots that say they're better without Kobe will be no where to be found and instead will just blame Kobe for the Lakers only being a 8 seed.
Lakers beat them last night.

knicksman
04-15-2013, 09:23 PM
A lot of this thread is trolling, but I am starting to think that maybe their defense is quite a bit better with players that are fresh and not being run into the ground 48 MPG like Kobe is. It is understandable why Kobe is terrible on defense though, the guy played 48 minutes a night in the past 2-3 weeks, is expected or expects himself to put on the bulk of the scoring load for his team heading to the playoffs.

Pretty much this.

if you have howard, gasol and nash, youre not obligated to carry the scoring load. and kobe has been playing bad defense the entire season

longtime lurker
04-16-2013, 02:39 AM
Lakers beat them last night.

Wow a regular season game. Why not just send the Lakers to the 2nd round