PDA

View Full Version : Lakers will have a shot at the 7th seed to face SA!

WeGetRing2012
04-16-2013, 12:32 AM
:applause:

LikeABosh
04-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Inb4 they miss the playoffs

9erempiree
04-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Wish Kobe was there.

He's notorious for destroying the Spurs.

francesco totti
04-16-2013, 12:36 AM
if lakers win they get 7th
if they lose, they get 8th ( provided utah lose as expected to memphis)

LLK21
04-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Wish Kobe was there.

Dont worry Steve Blake got this.

ninephive
04-16-2013, 12:38 AM
Wish Kobe was there.

And notorious for crying when he gets destroyed by the Spurs.

2010splash
04-16-2013, 12:38 AM
With/without Kobe, the Spurs would have demolished the Lakers either way. Won't make a difference.

WeGetRing2012
04-16-2013, 12:40 AM
With/without Kobe, the Spurs would have demolished the Lakers either way. Won't make a difference.

Have you watched us vs them this year? Not true...

Andrew Wiggins
04-16-2013, 12:41 AM
if lakers win against houston, they get the 7 seed because of better conference win %

so a win means they're the 7 seed but a loss and jazz win means playoff lottery. one thing is for sure, it'll be a fun last day.

francesco totti
04-16-2013, 12:44 AM
i think houston will take game serious

but from what i see they have no paint scoring, or interior defence.
lakers can really exploit that and win easily vs houston

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
04-16-2013, 12:47 AM
Lakers are the team of destiny, I can just feel it right now.

Levity
04-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Have you watched us vs them this year? Not true...

cause in everyones opinion, every team plays better in the playoffs, beside the lakers. Go figure, but that seems to be ISH's go to mentality.

LosScandalous
04-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Dwight baby lead us home :bowdown:

MAC system
04-16-2013, 01:02 AM
Have you them this year? Not true...
The lakers are barely above .500, haveplayed very inconsistently, lose to most top teams and have lost to the spurs 2 times this year. On top of that the lakers best player went out. Stop thinking this is the lakers of old, they are just not that good of a team

WeGetRing2012
04-16-2013, 01:04 AM
The lakers are barely above .500, haveplayed very inconsistently, lose to most top teams and have lost to the spurs 2 times this year. On top of that the lakers best player went out. Stop thinking this is the lakers of old, they are just not that good of a team

Ok. What does any of that have to do with how we have played SA this year?

BlackVVaves
04-16-2013, 01:14 AM
If the Lakers win, and the Jazz lose, Lakers are #7 seed, Jazz miss the playoffs.
If the Lakers win, and the Jazz win, Lakers are #7 seed, Jazz miss the playoffs.
If the Lakers lose, and the Jazz lose, Lakers are #8 seed, Jazz miss the playoffs.
If the Lakers lose, and the Jazz win, Jazz are #8 seed, Lakers miss the playoffs.

The margin for error is razor thin for both teams. Lakers hold their destiny in their hand, as do Houston. I'm sure McHale rather face the Spurs in the first round than OKC, though us fans would love to see Harden vs his former team as a storyline for the first round. The Jazz need to beat a Grizzlies team still vying for homecourt against the Clippers in round one, as their records as the 4 and 5 seed are nearly identical. And, also hope Harden goes off for 40 on Blake/Meeks (which he probably will), and the Rockets contain the Laker bigs to cruise to a victory.

So many variables, it'll definitely be an interesting Wednesday.

MAC system
04-16-2013, 01:18 AM
Ok. What does any of that have to do with how we have played SA this year?
They've lost 2 of 3 and the one they won was with tony parker still rusty. I don't consider losing .667 of your games to one team playing well. As inconsistent and downright awful add the lakers have played on the defensive end, you really think the lakers will beat the spurs. Really? I think you're thinking with your heart and not your brain. The lakers are not a good team and will win 2 games at most to the spurs

francesco totti
04-16-2013, 02:03 AM
lakers best road wins come against indiana, brooklyn and golden state.
other then that, they didnt beat any playoff team on road ..they didnt even beat utah on road.

lakers will lose 4 - 1 in round 1 to whether spurs or OKC, lose every game on road..and split games in staples center

cotdt
04-16-2013, 02:17 AM
You guys realize Lakers have been a .700 team since February even with all the injuries? Granted, we had Kobe. Without Kobe, it would be hard, but Nash will be back, so it's not impossible. We can beat Miami in the Finals as well.

The-Legend-24
04-16-2013, 02:35 AM
How do they determine who gets the 7th seed if the Lakers beat the Rockets? Both are gonna have the same record and the season series tied at 2-2?

SAKOTXA
04-16-2013, 03:20 AM
How do they determine who gets the 7th seed if the Lakers beat the Rockets? Both are gonna have the same record and the season series tied at 2-2?
Record against conference teams.

lakerspng
04-16-2013, 03:26 AM
Lakers have the best case scenario for them (all things considered) laid out ready for the taking. just have to handle business at home against Houston to get it locked in.

Of the 3 possible match-ups entering tonight, SA is obviously the best for the Lakers. Not because they're the worst team between OKC, SA and DEN, but because they're the only one that plays to the Lakers strength, a half court, slower tempo game. We actually have an outside chance to surprise them.

If only Kobe were healthy, everything would have been perfectly aligned for the lakers to be the dangerous dark horse.... damn it all! it just had to be the second to last game before the playoffs... arghhh! What can you do, Kobe's tremendous effort brought the Lakers to this point, now it's the rest of the team's turn to shock the world and bring it home. let's Go Lakers!!!!

Win one for the Mamba!

COnDEMnED
04-16-2013, 03:29 AM
If this years Lakers won around 9 or so more games, they sit at the second seed in the East... think about that.

RagaZ
04-16-2013, 04:28 AM
If refs are normal, this will be no contest.

DMAVS41
04-16-2013, 06:49 AM
Please, please, please....basketball gods. Let the Lakers win this game.

Not only would we get Lakers vs Spurs...which is really compelling, but we would get Harden vs his former team in round 1.

Don't **** this up Lakers. Please just win.

I had a good feeling about the Lakers winning this game it until the Rockets lost tonight. Now I worry.

It would just be so damn entertaining. We must see Harden vs Thunder and Lakers vs Spurs.

We must!

Clutch
04-16-2013, 06:55 AM

Not only would we get Lakers vs Spurs...which is really compelling, but we would get Harden vs his former team in round 1.

I had a good feeling about the Lakers winning this game it until the Rockets lost tonight. Now I worry.

It would just be so damn entertaining. We must see Harden vs Thunder and Lakers vs Spurs.

We must!
I agree. All basketball fans should be praying for this.

retaxis
04-16-2013, 06:58 AM
Awesome if Jazz won Lakers lost

Beatlezz
04-16-2013, 07:01 AM

We must!

:rockon: :rockon: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Nero Tulip
04-16-2013, 07:09 AM
David Stern is a clutch mofo and always brings it in the big games. I wouldn't worry.

All Net
04-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Better shot than against OKC.

RagaZ
04-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Better shot than against OKC.
It will be a 5 game series max, either way.

Crafty
04-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Utah ain't winning in Memphis. Lakers can afford to lose

Crafty
04-16-2013, 08:49 AM
What's the season series between Houston and Lakers?

brantonli
04-16-2013, 08:53 AM
i think houston will take game serious

but from what i see they have no paint scoring, or interior defence.
lakers can really exploit that and win easily vs houston

Lol, the Rockets are third in the NBA in point in the paint. Although to be fair, that doesn't seem to be a very big indication of success at all (Detroit, Sacramento and Orlando are all top 10).

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/points-in-paint-per-game

jzek
04-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Against the Spurs, they will lose in 5.
Against the Thunder, they will lose in 4.

Congrats for making the playoffs, I guess...

Kurosawa0
04-16-2013, 10:03 AM
I think you definitely want the Spurs if you're the Lakers. San Antonio is hobbling into the playoffs. Maybe they get it right and start playing like we saw them play earlier in the season, but maybe not.

AlphaWolf24
04-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Don't think LA can get past OKC,.....

but if LA plays the Spurs...

LA in 6....book it.

( I maybe LA Bias, but....what eva)

theBIGjabroni
04-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Awesome if Jazz won Lakers lost
awsome if you were to die

Droid101
04-16-2013, 12:20 PM
What's the season series between Houston and Lakers?
If the Lakers win, they'll be 7th seed. That's all you need to worry your pretty little head about.

Droid101
04-16-2013, 12:21 PM
awsome if you were to die
http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/251256_anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.j pg

Clutch
04-16-2013, 01:01 PM
http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/251256_anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.j pg
Damn,I was just going to post that. :lol

LONGTIME
04-16-2013, 01:20 PM
You guys realize Lakers have been a .700 team since February even with all the injuries? Granted, we had Kobe. Without Kobe, it would be hard, but Nash will be back, so it's not impossible. We can beat Miami in the Finals as well.

:oldlol: :roll: :roll: :applause:

cotdt
04-16-2013, 01:39 PM
I didn't say that the Lakers will beat Miami, I said that it's definitely possible given the matchup. Lakers will have more rebounds and more free throws.

Goldrush25
04-16-2013, 01:51 PM

What? I think the Lakers have an excellent chance to upset the Spurs. OKC, not so much.

bukowski81
04-16-2013, 03:00 PM
People are overreacting because the Lakers beat the Spurs a couple days ago. That game was really important to the Lakers, as important as a playoff game, that game didnt mean anything to the Spurs, everybody knows that the Spurs main concern these past weeks is to be healthy, not win games. That will change in the playoffs.

Realistically Lakers have almost no chance against either the Spurs or the Thunder, why? becasue they play much better basketball and are a much better team.

Lakers fans saying that they have a very good chance of defeating the Spurs are just thinking with their hearts.

Bigsmoke
04-16-2013, 03:13 PM
i wanna see the Warriors play them instead.

Curry and Lee vs Parker and Duncan should be fun.

Doctor Rivers
04-16-2013, 03:18 PM
People are overreacting because the Lakers beat the Spurs a couple days ago. That game was really important to the Lakers, as important as a playoff game, that game didnt mean anything to the Spurs, everybody knows that the Spurs main concern these past weeks is to be healthy, not win games. That will change in the playoffs.

Realistically Lakers have almost no chance against either the Spurs or the Thunder, why? becasue they play much better basketball and are a much better team.

Lakers fans saying that they have a very good chance of defeating the Spurs are just thinking with their hearts.

thanks for the profound insight

Unstoppabull
04-17-2013, 12:49 AM
I'm rooting for the Lakers to make it as 7 seed, just so we can see Thunder vs Harden Round 1. Should be fun.