PDA

View Full Version : What was it like here when Kobe scored 81?

Screamingdoom
04-16-2013, 01:36 AM
I can't imagine how crazy it must have been on ISH forums when Kobe dropped 81. The severs must've crashed for a week lol. Was the trolling and Kobe idol worship off the charts? Can anyone fill me in?

IncarceratedBob
04-16-2013, 01:39 AM
Like anyone was here at that time

Mr. Jabbar
04-16-2013, 01:46 AM
The day he jumped from top 10 to top 5, must a been crazy :applause:

Bugz
04-16-2013, 01:47 AM
Lets just say... that day, the ISH servers became the second thing Kobe raped.

9erempiree
04-16-2013, 01:49 AM
ISH probably crashed due to fans witnessing the most points scored ever in a modern basketball game.

It's a record.

Modern basketball when basketball rules were officially official.

Bobcats2013
04-16-2013, 01:54 AM
The message board wasn't alive then.

G-train
04-16-2013, 01:59 AM

Yes it was.

keepinitreal
04-16-2013, 02:00 AM
ISH probably crashed due to fans witnessing the most points scored ever against the Toronto Raptors.

It's a record.

:bowdown:

Fawker
04-16-2013, 02:00 AM
as i did with barry bonds breaking hr record, of course i had to get a piece of it. google offered full vids to be purchased at the time. i bought footage, i bought newspapers, it is well documented than the wilt 100.

L8kersfan222
04-16-2013, 02:09 AM
:facepalm

Jolokia
04-16-2013, 02:12 AM
ISH missed the game because there were no streaming available but,

Tom replaced his picture with Kobe and everyone in the world saw Kobe's handsome face on their MySpace for the rest of the night.

Well, would've been cool.

Bobcats2013
04-16-2013, 02:13 AM
Yes it was.

No it was not. Now let me get to my punch line.

ripthekik
04-16-2013, 02:15 AM
dumbass.

LosScandalous
04-16-2013, 02:15 AM
Nash stans we're buttmad and cried their way to a MVP

BlackVVaves
04-16-2013, 02:19 AM
Like anyone was here at that time

Uh, yeah. Several of us ISH vets actually were.

Screamingdoom
04-16-2013, 02:20 AM

You're probably joking but in my early teens I used to visit this forum in 2001/2002.So it has at least existed since 2000.

Leftimage
04-16-2013, 02:20 AM
I recall it being pandemonium, especially when added to the fact he was in the midst of the wildest scoring stretch, 43 ppg for the month or something.

Very exciting period in Kobe's career.

HorryIsMyMVP
04-16-2013, 02:28 AM
Nash stans we're buttmad and cried their way to a MVP
2 mvp's get it right.

9erempiree
04-16-2013, 02:35 AM
For those that said this site didn't exist.....Last page.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2&page=3058&order=desc

BlackVVaves
04-16-2013, 02:44 AM
Once he passed 70, the forum shut down sporadically if I'm not mistaken. Double and triple thread posts, stans losing their bodily fluids all over their keyboards, detractors screaming "But look at the assists!!!! He's such a selfish chucker, Jordan > life, he'll never win without Shaq!!" as loud and obnoxiously as they could in capitalization form.

Yeah, it was messier than Adele giving birth. Quite the shitstorm.

9erempiree
04-16-2013, 02:49 AM
Once he passed 70, the forum shut down sporadically if I'm not mistaken. Double and triple thread posts, stans losing their bodily fluids all over their keyboards, detractors screaming "But look at the assists!!!! He's such a selfish chucker, Jordan > life, he'll never win without Shaq!!" as loud and obnoxiously as they could in capitalization form.

I think I'm going to search for threads with that date.

January 22, 2006

The day Kobe set the record for most points scored in modern basketball. I may bump some of the gems that were probably posted.

Unfortunately, it doesn't archive that far back.

elementally morale
04-16-2013, 03:30 AM

I can remember even his detractors rooting for him to break the records one after the other. They were detractors for 3 quarters but once Kobe got to 60-65 points in the 4th, everyone was rooting for him for like 20 minutes. Even Shogon.

Truth be told, detactors were a lot better back in the day. Knoe was a good poster in his own right and even the worst of them all back then, allaroundplaya wasn't anything special compared to everyday 'detractors' of today.

Screamingdoom
04-16-2013, 03:42 AM

:applause: Hahaha, wish I could've witnessed it. Sounds like chaos

inclinerator
04-16-2013, 03:46 AM
that was a crazy day, seattle and some other team also scored like 150+ on each other

Kblaze8855
04-16-2013, 10:25 AM
It was pretty crazy. I was here when he had 62 in 3 quarters too.

The biggest single thing far as forum reaction ive seen though?

Kings/Lakers 02 when Horry hit the shot.

Back then we might have 20 people online at once. It probably went to 500 for an hour or so. Relative to era...it was the biggest deal ever.

Kblaze8855
04-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Well that or Fisher .4.

Funny thing is we had like 20 Duncan topics after his shot...then like 100 on Fisher in response.

The back to back "WTF"ness of it....it was every topic for like 3 pages even with other big things going on.

Draz
04-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Oh god, I wish I could of witnessed the destruction of ISH's annulled during that 81 pt game.

Screamingdoom
04-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Well that or Fisher .4.

Funny thing is we had like 20 Duncan topics after his shot...then like 100 on Fisher in response.

The back to back "WTF"ness of it....it was every topic for like 3 pages even with other big things going on.

I wish I visited these forums when that happened.

kurple
04-16-2013, 12:43 PM
how can you be top5 without a single ring as the main man?

PJR
04-16-2013, 01:02 PM
ISH was on the ezboard domain then.

Wally450
04-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Damn, some of the new posters are clueless :facepalm

ripthekik
04-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Well that or Fisher .4.

i know i was not online when 81 happened.. but seeing this post i can vaguely remember being on ISH when 0.4 happened.. :eek:

elementally morale
04-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Well that or Fisher .4.

I think the .4 shot was the greatest thing that ever happened here.

MaxFly
04-16-2013, 03:57 PM
The 62 in 3 while outscoring Dallas and the 81 were both pretty crazy... the 81 more so of course. The story basically took over the first 2 or 3 pages and the servers were overloaded for much of that night and still heavily taxed during the prime posting hours of the next day.

Obviously the fans were out in full force after 81, and were posting everywhere. People were beside themselves and while most had positive things to say, there were certainly a decent number of people who felt the need to point out assist numbers, number of shots, chucking, etc... There were a good number of threads criticizing Bryant and calling him selfish, a stat whore who kept shooting even when the game was in hand, etc... It was basically what we usually see after a good game by Bryant, but magnified to a ridiculous extent on both sides.

It's important to note that a few of the "haters" took an extended leave of absence around that time. Lol, there were some people who did not post, posted very infrequently, or avoided all Kobe topics for about 2 weeks. Likewise, every "Laker" fan came out of the wood work. People who hadn't been active started posting again and the site got quite a few new registrations. If I recall, a sticky was created and hit the max number of posts after a few days... yet the first and most of the second page were still getting major views. There were threads on the second page that had been posted in as little as 30 minutes prior. It was pandemonium for a week.

Everytime I think about that game, I think... "This dude Kobe waited 6 years to get back at Jalen Rose for that sprained ankle in 2000." :oldlol:

Screamingdoom
04-16-2013, 11:43 PM
The 62 in 3 while outscoring Dallas and the 81 were both pretty crazy... the 81 more so of course. The story basically took over the first 2 or 3 pages and the servers were overloaded for much of that night and still heavily taxed during the prime posting hours of the next day.

Obviously the fans were out in full force after 81, and were posting everywhere. People were beside themselves and while most had positive things to say, there were certainly a decent number of people who felt the need to point out assist numbers, number of shots, chucking, etc... There were a good number of threads criticizing Bryant and calling him selfish, a stat whore who kept shooting even when the game was in hand, etc... It was basically what we usually see after a good game by Bryant, but magnified to a ridiculous extent on both sides.

It's important to note that a few of the "haters" took an extended leave of absence around that time. Lol, there were some people who did not post, posted very infrequently, or avoided all Kobe topics for about 2 weeks. Likewise, every "Laker" fan came out of the wood work. People who hadn't been active started posting again and the site got quite a few new registrations. If I recall, a sticky was created and hit the max number of posts after a few days... yet the first and most of the second page were still getting major views. There were threads on the second page that had been posted in as little as 30 minutes prior. It was pandemonium for a week.

Everytime I think about that game, I think... "This dude Kobe waited 6 years to get back at Jalen Rose for that sprained ankle in 2000." :oldlol:

Haha thanks for that summary. Sounds like it was good times :lol

ripthekik
04-16-2013, 11:49 PM
Actually finals 2011 would have been good times too.. too bad I wasn't here then. Can't imagine all the jokes and threads, it would be a great time :lol

d.bball.guy
04-16-2013, 11:58 PM
How many people were here back then? Imagine if he scored 81 today..ISH would be unusable for 3 months.

Stern
04-17-2013, 12:24 AM
Actually finals 2011 would have been good times too.. too bad I wasn't here then. Can't imagine all the jokes and threads, it would be a great time :lol
2011 playoffs were fun times on ish. Still remember Dirk crashing ish after game 2 :oldlol:

d.bball.guy
04-17-2013, 12:28 AM
2011 playoffs were fun times on ish. Still remember Dirk crashing ish after game 2 :oldlol:
It was the golden time of LeBron jokes :lol

MoBe1Kanobi
04-17-2013, 03:43 AM
Wth no way to pull up screenshots or links to ISH links from that date????

TheBigVeto
04-17-2013, 08:23 AM
The day when Kobe established himself again as the most overrated player of all time.

BBallZen83
04-17-2013, 10:16 AM
You're an intelligent poster. Smart enough to actually make meaningful contributions to this board. Does it ever get old being the troll?

brain drain
04-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Kobe's 81 vs the Raptors was like when Putin jailed Mikhail Khodorkovsky. It was unfair and unjust, but there was nothing Khodorkovsky could do about it.

Scholar
04-17-2013, 11:15 AM
I can only imagine the pandemonium. I recall how crazy it was during the 2011 Playoffs, so that day must've been just as bad/great (depends how you want to look at it).

El Barto
04-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Site was active. Pretty much another day from what I've seen on here.

upside24
04-17-2013, 12:14 PM

:roll: :applause: