PDA

View Full Version : Ibaka is a top 10 PF.

Pages : [1] 2

mjokc
04-16-2013, 08:47 AM
There is no more denying it anymore he's leading big me in shooting % as well as blocks. His defense isn't too shabby either, although he could improve his man defense. I'd put Ibaka at a solid #10. Since Garnett and Duncan are mostly centers now, I don't include them in the top PF list. To make it clear, if we were discussing GOAT PFs, then of course Garnett and Duncan would be listed.

HarryCallahan
04-16-2013, 09:14 AM
:roll:

luckylucy
04-16-2013, 09:18 AM
LeBron and Melo are playing PF, if you are taking away Garnett and Duncan then you should put them in.

BTW you seem mad.

mjokc

Well, according to you Faried is better than Blake Griffin and Ibaka is better than Faried. So why would Ibaka being listed as a top 10 PF be humorous? And try to respond in English instead of troll speak.

Mr Exlax
Damn he really went and made a thread about it lol. :bowdown:

Shep
04-16-2013, 09:19 AM
he was a top 5 power forward last season..

mjokc
04-16-2013, 09:20 AM
LeBron and Melo are playing PF, if you are taking away Garnett and Duncan then you should put them in.

BTW you seem mad.

Oh I'm not mad at all brochacho. :lol

Would you consider Melo and Bron as actual PFs though? I still consider them SFs that play PF depending on the match up.

kshutts1
04-16-2013, 09:22 AM
In no order, and even though I disagree, I'll leave out KG and Duncan...

PFs I would take before Ibaka:
Dirk
Bosh
Gasol
Love
Griffin

PFs on the same level as Ibaka:
Monroe
Randolph
Lee
West
Josh Smith
Cousins (only because of his attitude)
Aldridge

How far he has fallen (after Ibaka, and he used to be so good):
Amare

So.. yeah. Top 10 seems pretty reasonable. I'd honestly pick Ibaka before all of the "same level" players except Aldridge.

mjokc
04-16-2013, 09:30 AM

Dirk
Bosh
Gasol
Love
Griffin

Randolph
Lee
West
Josh Smith
Aldridge

Amare

So.. yeah. Top 10 seems pretty reasonable. I'd honestly pick Ibaka before all of the "same level" players except Aldridge.

You know, I completely forgot about cousins and for some reason thought he was a C.

kshutts1
04-16-2013, 09:34 AM
You know, I completely forgot about cousins and for some reason thought he was a C.

Duncan/KG territory? Cousins plays C position, but since he plays for Sac, and I live in NY, I never see him play to make an opinion myself. Either way, he's not crucial to the list.

Edit:
Monroe is someone I didn't mention. He'd be in the "same level" list.

HarryCallahan
04-16-2013, 09:35 AM

He is a C... Unlike Timmy.

mjokc
04-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Duncan/KG territory? Cousins plays C position, but since he plays for Sac, and I live in NY, I never see him play to make an opinion myself. Either way, he's not crucial to the list.

Edit:
Monroe is someone I didn't mention. He'd be in the "same level" list.

Hell no :biggums: I just forgot about him completely lol.

And yeah, Monroe is another, although isn't he a center or is he another hybrid?

kshutts1
04-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Hell no :biggums: I just forgot about him completely lol.

And yeah, Monroe is another, although isn't he a center or is he another hybrid?

I meant "territory" as in what position is he really. Not in terms of abilities. lol.

And Monroe is another hybrid.. plays C now (I believe) but a lot of people think he is best served as the high post option in a two-big offense (Drummond?).

mjokc
04-16-2013, 09:39 AM
I meant "territory" as in what position is he really. Not in terms of abilities. lol.

And Monroe is another hybrid.. plays C now (I believe) but a lot of people think he is best served as the high post option in a two-big offense (Drummond?).

:lol

LikeABosh
04-16-2013, 09:39 AM

Dirk
Bosh
Gasol
Love
Griffin

Monroe
Randolph
Lee
West
Josh Smith
Aldridge

Amare

Aldridge same level as Ibaka? Are you serious?

KG215
04-16-2013, 09:40 AM
One thing to keep in mind about Ibaka is that he's only 23 years old so he's more than likely far from a finished product. He's come back every year improved and with something added to his game.

mjokc
04-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Aldridge same level as Ibaka? Are you serious?

Ibaka is just as good of a shooter as LMA and also leads the league in blocks. Both are average defenders and rebound around the same rate. I would give the slight edge to LMA because of more post moves and slightly better rebounding, but it isn't like he's that much better IMO.

wally_world
04-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Kevin Love
LaMarcus Aldridge
Blake Griffin
Chris Bosh
Dirk Nowitzki
Josh Smith
David Lee
Zach Randolph

Thats 8. Pau Gasol has had a poor season, i'd say he's on par with Ibaka for this season. But i'll give him the benefit of doubt based on previous seasons so i'll take Pau over Serge. But yeah, still top 10

LikeABosh
04-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Ibaka is just as good of a shooter as LMA and also leads the league in blocks. Both are average defenders and rebound around the same rate. I would give the slight edge to LMA because of more post moves and slightly better rebounding, but it isn't like he's that much better IMO.
His offensive game shits on Ibaka's :facepalm

mjokc
04-16-2013, 09:56 AM
His offensive game shits on Ibaka's :facepalm

I said I give the edge to LMA.

selrahc
04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
for sure. westbrook is a retarded chucker and ibaka doesnt get enough credit for carrying him to victories.

Deleterious
04-16-2013, 09:58 AM
I said I give the edge to LMA.

You said slight edge, truth is he isn't even close to LMA.

mjokc
04-16-2013, 09:59 AM
You said slight edge, truth is he isn't even close to LMA.

Please, their per 36 stats are damn near identical.

LikeABosh
04-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Please, their per 36 stats are damn near identical.
Who gives a shit about per 36, tons of players will have good stats if you look at per 36, it's not even that close anyway. Anyway, Aldridge averages 21, 9 and 3 assists, Ibaka averages 13, 8 and 3 blocks. ibaka is actually a below average defender IMO, throw up a pump fake and score on hiim all day

mjokc
04-16-2013, 10:09 AM
Who gives a shit about per 36, tons of players will have good stats if you look at per 36, it's not even that close anyway. Anyway, Aldridge averages 21, 9 and 3 assists, Ibaka averages 13, 8 and 3 blocks. ibaka is actually a below average defender IMO, throw up a pump fake and score on hiim all day

Ibaka is not a below average defender, that's just ignorant. He's an average defender just like LMA. Per 36 stats give you a better idea of a player's productivity that doesn't discriminate based off of number of attempts or minutes. Sure LMA averages more points but he also plays more minutes and takes twice the amount of shots.

wally_world
04-16-2013, 10:11 AM
People are underrating Ibaka here.

Aldridge has a clearly better post game, i'll give him that.

Shot blocking, not even close
Defense, advantage Ibaka
Shooting, its close, but Ibaka has a 3pt shot in his arsenal

Ibaka is shooting 57/35/75 which is an INSANE number for a defensive athletic PF/C.

He wont carry a team as a number one option like Aldridge, but Aldridge wont do all the intangibles like Ibaka does, they are totally different players. But the gap is smaller than you think.

andremiller07
04-16-2013, 10:12 AM
To me

Love, Alridge, Griffin, Bosh, Drik, Z-Bo, Horford, Lee are all so much better I don't think its even worth discussing.

Players like Monroe, Milsap, West, Anthony Davis, Healthy Nene are all higher skilled/IQ players who are all far more capable of making shots for themselves and others while setting up teammates.

To me hes top 15 somewhere between 12-15.

mjokc
04-16-2013, 10:13 AM
People are underrating Ibaka here.

Aldridge has a clearly better post game, i'll give him that.

Shot blocking, not even close
Defense, advantage Ibaka
Shooting, its close, but Ibaka has a 3pt shot in his arsenal

Ibaka is shooting 57/35/75 which is an INSANE number for a defensive athletic PF/C.

He wont carry a team as a number one option like Aldridge, but Aldridge wont do all the intangibles like Ibaka does, they are totally different players. But the gap is smaller than you think.

Great post. :applause:

Jlamb47
04-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Exactly!
Everyone thinks Ibaka is an all star defender just cuz his blocks. His defense is overrated

mjokc
04-16-2013, 10:15 AM
To me

Love, Alridge, Griffin, Bosh, Drik, Z-Bo, Horford, Lee are all so much better I don't think its even worth discussing.

Players like Monroe, Milsap, West, Anthony Davis, Healthy Nene are all higher skilled/IQ players who are all far more capable of making shots for themselves and others while setting up teammates.

3 or 4 of the players you listed play center most of the time. Anthony Davis? Are you serious? Ibaka destroyed Davis every time they matched up. Don't get me wrong, in time Davis will be one of the best bigs in the league, right now Ibaka is better.

Element
04-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Per 36? Slight edge LMA? Really? Really? Really???

Are you fhcking insane? Ibaka is a great spot-up shooter who finishes his dunks and layups. End. He's also a volume shotblocker who overhelps, has no awareness and jumps at every shot(fake) that goes up.

Aldridge is one of the top 3-5 post-up players in the league, has just as much of a spot-up game (he just doesn't get to spot up and relax, because all he has is Lillard), can face up and pass the god damn basketball.

Offensively, it's like comparing Steve Kerr to Michael Jordan. "but but Steve Kerr is a great shooter!!"

mjokc
04-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Exactly!
Everyone thinks Ibaka is an all star defender just cuz his blocks. His defense is overrated

Wrong, nobody here said he was an all star defender as a matter of fact I said that he's an average defender just as LMA is. Ibaka isn't a bad defender though, that's just silly.

mjokc
04-16-2013, 10:18 AM
Per 36? Slight edge LMA? Really? Really? Really???

Are you fhcking insane? Ibaka is a great spot-up shooter who finishes his dunks and layups. End. He's also a volume shotblocker who overhelps, has no awareness and jumps at every shot(fake) that goes up.

Aldridge is one of the top 3-5 post-up players in the league, has just as much of a spot-up game (he just doesn't get to spot up and relax, because all he has is Lillard), can face up and pass the god damn basketball.

Offensively, it's like comparing Steve Kerr to Michael Jordan. "but but Steve Kerr is a great shooter!!"

Whoa, calm down with the super duper font, it's not that serious. LMA usually settles for jump shots just like Ibaka does. I'm not sure why this is an argument because I clearly said that LMA is better that Ibaka. I just don't think LMA is way better. At this point, I would like to just agree to disagree.

andremiller07
04-16-2013, 10:20 AM
3 or 4 of the players you listed play center most of the time. Anthony Davis? Are you serious? Ibaka destroyed Davis every time they matched up. Don't get me wrong, in time Davis will be one of the best bigs in the league, right now Ibaka is better.

To many people make the mistake of using a 1 on 1 match up to judge who a better player is between the two. To many factors go into it to make a valid judgement.

Its about how good you are as an indivdual and how you do against EVERYONE not just one player, styles make fights and sometimes a lesser player has a style to trouble/outplay a superior player. Imo Davis brings far more to the table overall than Ibaka but thats just my opinion.

Also Monroe is probably the only one I can think of listed at C, Nene has played PF next to Okafor all year, Horford is a PF playing out of position, and Davis plays PF next to Lopez.

Jlamb47
04-16-2013, 10:22 AM
Wrong, nobody here said he was an all star defender as a matter of fact I said that he's an average defender just as LMA is. Ibaka isn't a bad defender though, that's just silly.
Many people think hes an all star defender im not talking about people only on this forum. And i never said he was a bad defender just overated.

mjokc
04-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Many people think hes an all star defender im not talking about people only on this forum. And i never said he was a bad defender just overated.

You agreed with a comment saying that Ibaka was a bad defender. I do agree that he gets overrated defensively because people see his amount of blocks. Ibaka needs to improve his man defense.

HarryCallahan
04-16-2013, 10:26 AM
To me

This.

KG215
04-16-2013, 10:54 AM
To many people make the mistake of using a 1 on 1 match up to judge who a better player is between the two. To many factors go into it to make a valid judgement.

Its about how good you are as an indivdual and how you do against EVERYONE not just one player, styles make fights and sometimes a lesser player has a style to trouble/outplay a superior player. Imo Davis brings far more to the table overall than Ibaka but thats just my opinion.

Also Monroe is probably the only one I can think of listed at C, Nene has played PF next to Okafor all year, Horford is a PF playing out of position, and Davis plays PF next to Lopez.
Sorry, I just have to disagree about Davis....right now. I'm not sure I saw enough from him this year to warrant saying he's better, more skilled, etc. than Ibaka right now. If I'm a GM and have to pick between Davis and Ibaka to build around, I'd take Davis.

Anyway, I'm not trying to dispute whether he's top 10 or not. I would take him over Millsap, though. Maybe I've just been turned off by the times I've watched Millsap when he played OKC this year, and looked really pedestrian. Whatever it is, I would take Ibaka over Millsap all day.

Something else to keep in mind, Ibaka is putting up his numbers as a clear-cut 3rd and sometimes 4th option. While all the other PF's people are listing are their team's 1st or 2nd option. But that could be used against him just as easily as it could be used for him. Still, he's averaging 13-8-3 on 57/35/75 shooting which are excellent percentages for a PF. Put him on a team where he's the 2nd option, those percentages obviously go down, but the scoring probably goes up to 15-18 PPG in the right situation. I think he'll prove to be a better rebounder going forward, too. He's been playing some of the best basketball of his career as of late, too.

And I've already said this, but keep in mind he's only 23. He's come back every year with something added to his game and a better player. It stands to reason he'll only get better over the next few years. Right now, he's probably a borderline top 10 PF; but going forward there's quite a few PF's in the top 10 I'd take Ibaka over.

andremiller07
05-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Had to bump because seeing Ibaka without Westbrook there pretty much proves he's not even top 15. This dude been getting carried by the likes of Durrant/WB/Harden his whole career dude when not getting spoon feed or being wide open on offense is trash.

His defense is the most overrated in the whole NBA, one on one he's a hack cause he panics (he does block shots yeah but meh...). When OKC have needed him to step up and actually be forced to contribute something he has played like a complete scrub dude is basically Bismack Biyombo on a good team where all his flaws till Goatbrook got injured got covered up.

If Ibaka was a on a lottery team no one would even know who he is, just another grossly overrated athletic big with low skill who is being exposed in the playoffs like many of these other no skill bigs have been so far (which I'm loving).

Lateralus
05-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Had to bump because seeing Ibaka without Westbrook there pretty much proves he's not even top 15. This dude been getting carried by the likes of Durrant/WB/Harden his whole career dude when not getting spoon feed or being wide open on offense is trash.

His defense is the most overrated in the whole NBA, one on one he's a hack cause he panics (he does block shots yeah but meh...). When OKC have needed him to step up and actually be forced to contribute something he has played like a complete scrub dude is basically Bismack Biyombo on a good team where all his flaws till Goatbrook got injured got covered up.

If Ibaka was a on a lottery team no one would even know who he is, just another grossly overrated athletic big with low skill who is being exposed in the playoffs like many of these other no skill bigs have been so far (which I'm loving).

:bowdown:

rmt
05-06-2013, 01:05 AM

LMA gets his as the number 1 option on his team with opponent's defense geared toward stopping him. Ibaka benefits from the attention paid to KD and Westbrook. In no way are they comparable. Only 5 pts, 5 rebs in a playoff game - terrible.

mjokc
05-06-2013, 01:10 AM

So salty.

HarryCallahan
05-06-2013, 02:45 AM
So salty.

:oldlol: Look who's talking.

SyRyanYang
05-06-2013, 02:54 AM

Not that stats mean anything but he's averaging similar numbers with or without Westbrook. His defensive presence is one of the reasons they passed the Rockets

mugiwara
05-06-2013, 04:39 AM
LMA vs Ibaka is madness, not even worth discussing. Teams facing Portlands entire defensive scheme is about stopping LMA touching the ball let alone shooting. You play OKC you want ibaka shooting... madness

Kiddlovesnets
05-06-2013, 06:40 AM
http://c-product.images.dreamsretail.com/77-12/77-12362-K.jpg

andremiller07
05-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Damn Z-Bo better have some good toliet paper cause hes sh*&ing all over Scrubaka. Scrubs getting exposed nothing better.

rmt
05-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Not that stats mean anything but he's averaging similar numbers with or without Westbrook. His defensive presence is one of the reasons they passed the Rockets

With Westbrook out, everyone should be scoring more to make up for WB's scoring. In adversity, he has to step up to the plate and earn his paycheck.

B-Easy8
05-08-2013, 08:20 AM
I always thought this guy was a massive scrub. Just because he blocks shots and can somewhat consistently hit mid range j's doesn't mean he is good.

Z-Bo showing him how a real PF plays.

andremiller07
05-08-2013, 08:22 AM
I always thought this guy was a massive scrub. Just because he blocks shots and can somewhat consistently hit mid range j's doesn't mean he is good.

Z-Bo showing him how a real PF plays.

If you want a athletic scrub to be exposed send him to Z-Bo, that's what the dude was put on this earth for.

mjokc
05-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Typical reactionary kids.

andremiller07
05-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Typical reactionary kids.
Typical fan who actually beleived Ibaka was anything but average, lol they signed this scurb and Perk to get rid of Harden :facepalm

mjokc
05-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Typical fan who actually beleived Ibaka was anything but average, lol they signed this scurb and Perk to get rid of Harden :facepalm

You are obsessed with Serge Ibaka so much that it is quite sad. I don't take you or or opinion seriously.

andremiller07
05-08-2013, 08:30 AM
You are obsessed with Serge Ibaka so much that it is quite sad. I don't take you or or opinion seriously.
I'm not the one who said he was top 10, dude would be lucky to be top 10 Spanish PF.

B-Easy8
05-08-2013, 08:34 AM

Let's be real. Ibaka is a legit scrub.

Is he even average at anything outside of blocking shots?

Z-Bo is straight balling right now, partly due to his terrible D.

mjokc
05-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Let's be real. Ibaka is a legit scrub.

Is he even average at anything outside of blocking shots?

Z-Bo is straight balling right now, partly due to his terrible D.

ZBO is one of the best big men in the game, the same shit he's doing to Ibaka right now he did to Griffin and Duncan a couple of years ago. Let's not act like Ibaka is getting lit up by some random scrub here. If you think Ibaka is a scrub you haven't watched basketball more than a couple of months.

B-Easy8
05-08-2013, 08:42 AM
ZBO is one of the best big men in the game, the same shit he's doing to Ibaka right now he did to Griffin and Duncan a couple of years ago. Let's not act like Ibaka is getting lit up by some random scrub here. If you think Ibaka is a scrub you haven't watched basketball more than a couple of months.

Obviously im joking when I say scrub but I think he is at best an average player.

OKC could have let him walk and got rid of Perkins and re signed Harden instead. Awful move.

mjokc
05-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Obviously im joking when I say scrub but I think he is at best an average player.

OKC could have let him walk and got rid of Perkins and re signed Harden instead. Awful move.

Harden chokes in big moments as well and is way too expensive. Ibaka is an above average player that just happens to be playing against two of the best big men in the league.

Qwertyazerty
05-08-2013, 09:26 AM
With Westbrook out, everyone should be scoring more to make up for WB's scoring. In adversity, he has to step up to the plate and earn his paycheck.

Well, his paycheck being 2.25 millions/season he is more than earning it when compared to other NBA players and most of his team.

mugiwara
05-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Harden chokes in big moments as well and is way too expensive. Ibaka is an above average player that just happens to be playing against two of the best big men in the league.

He is not an above average player! he has above potential but he unfortunately won't get significantly better playing for a coach that knows no post up and refuses to run plays. Brooks allows his young stars too show such little discipline. I remember John Wall asking to be fined if he ever complained towards refs, how does he end up with that horrible wizards team while Durant spends the entire last two minutes of a second round playoff game ogling the referees!! players should get fined for that, instead they get fined for celebrating :facepalm

mjokc
05-08-2013, 09:42 AM
He is not an above average player! he has above potential but he unfortunately won't get significantly better playing for a coach that knows no post up and refuses to run plays. Brooks allows his young stars too show such little discipline. I remember John Wall asking to be fined if he ever complained towards refs, how does he end up with that horrible wizards team while Durant spends the entire last two minutes of a second round playoff game ogling the referees!! players should get fined for that, instead they get fined for celebrating :facepalm

Oh I agree that Brooks is a horrible coach.

IncarceratedBob
05-08-2013, 11:44 AM
1.Melo
2.Duncan
3.Love
4.Randolph
5.Jefferson
6.Gasol
7.Lee
8.Griffin
9.Bosh
10. West
11. Smith
12. Faried
13. Dirk
14. Milsap
15. Favors
16. Garnett

There's 16 players I rather have than Ibaka at the 4 if I wanted to win a ring.

andremiller07
05-12-2013, 01:03 AM
:roll: I would like to thank OP for making this borderline legendary thread:roll:

I knew dude was shit but damn poor guy im actually feeling sorry for him being such a scrub. I almost want to see the Thunder keep going just to see this scrub melt in the spotlight.

1.Melo
2.Duncan
3.Love
4.Randolph
5.Jefferson
6.Gasol
7.Lee
8.Griffin
9.Bosh
10. West
11. Smith
12. Faried
13. Dirk
14. Milsap
15. Favors
16. Garnett

There's 16 players I rather have than Ibaka at the 4 if I wanted to win a ring.

Add Anthony Davis, LMA (cant beleive you forgot him), Ryan Anderson, Blatche (when getting the same amount of mins), JJ Hickson, , Nene theres plenty more, I think your were being way to generous.

Dro
05-12-2013, 02:20 AM
:roll: :roll: :applause:

Djahjaga
05-12-2013, 04:01 AM
http://s13.postimg.org/su1zer4d3/Capture.png

andremiller07
05-15-2013, 11:36 PM
http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/PRINCE-DUNK.gif

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Marc-Gasol.jpg
Marc Gasol: "Top 10 PF and All NBA First Team defense.....no"

mjokc
05-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Ibaka is about to get a double double and is out playing Marc Gasol this game. I'm not sure why you felt the need to bump this thread. So Prince got past him and slammed a dunk, Ibaka goes at everything he will get dunked on. That isn't even a good one, Josh Smith's dunk on Ibaka is the best.

andremiller07
05-15-2013, 11:39 PM
Ibaka is about to get a double double and is out playing Marc Gasol this game. I'm not sure why you felt the need to bump this thread. So Prince got past him and slammed a dunk, Ibaka goes at everything he will get dunked on. That isn't even a good one, Josh Smith's dunk on Ibaka is the best.

Outplaying Gasol? Wtf you watching how is shooting 6/15 on WIDE OPEN DUNKS/MID RANGE shots out playing someone while getting abused on the other end?

mjokc
05-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Outplaying Gasol? Wtf you watching how is shooting 6/15 on WIDE OPEN DUNKS/MID RANGE shots out playing someone while getting abused on the other end?

Gasol has 4 points on 2-7 shooting, wtf are YOU watching? Your hate for Ibaka is on an unhealthy level. I don't take your opinion seriously, you will look for any reason to hate on Ibaka even though he's having a great game tonight.

andremiller07
05-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Gasol has 4 points on 2-7 shooting, wtf are YOU watching? Your hate for Ibaka is on an unhealthy level. I don't take your opinion seriously, you will look for any reason to hate on Ibaka even though he's having a great game tonight.

Im watching Gasol's elite defense and playmaking something Ibaka will never have.

mjokc
05-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Im watching Gasol's elite defense and playmaking something Ibaka will never have.

Yet Ibaka made the all defensive team? :facepalm

andremiller07
05-15-2013, 11:44 PM
Yet Ibaka made the all defensive team? :facepalm
Yeap thats why he needs triple teams to contain Z-Bo:facepalm

mjokc
05-15-2013, 11:45 PM
Yeap thats why he needs triple teams to contain Z-Bo:facepalm

ZBO is one of the best big men in the league, get a grip.

andremiller07
05-15-2013, 11:46 PM
ZBO is one of the best big men in the league, get a grip.
I thought Ibaka was as well on defense in particular? Guess not, I would expect a All NBA first team guy on D to have some ability to defend his own man no matter who it is.

mjokc
05-15-2013, 11:48 PM
I thought Ibaka was as well on defense in particular? Guess not, I would expect a All NBA first team guy on D to have some ability to defend his own man no matter who it is.

You are extremely dense and don't pay attention. Ibaka has spent most of his time on the floor guarding Gasol and Perkins guarding ZBO. Right now Ibaka is guarding Gasol and Collison is guarding ZBO. Ibaka has been matched up with ZBO only a couple of times and has played him well. Do you know anything about basketball?

andremiller07
05-15-2013, 11:50 PM
You are extremely dense and don't pay attention. Ibaka has spent most of his time on the floor guarding Gasol and Perkins guarding ZBO. Right now Ibaka is guarding Gasol and Collison is guarding ZBO. Ibaka has been matched up with ZBO only a couple of times and has played him well. Do you know anything about basketball?
lmao so we are going to ignore the whole series Gasol raping him completely? Everytime Ibaka has been one on one against ethier one without 3 people coming to help hes been crushed and humilated every time.

mjokc
05-15-2013, 11:52 PM
lmao so we are going to ignore the whole series Gasol raping him completely? Everytime Ibaka has been one on one against ethier one without 3 people coming to help hes been crushed and humilated every time.

Ibaka before the last two games was playing horrible, I will admit that. However, you are claiming that Ibaka was getting destroyed by ZBO this game which isn't true.

andremiller07
05-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Well mjokc its really been fun having this discussion but I feel like my work here is done (well Ibaka did most of it for me), respect for backing up your statements about Ibaka but I think what the playoffs have proved to me anyway (what I always knew)is hes average player @ best.

His lack of IQ and ability to do anything that requires a medium level of difficulty without being spoon feed while being grossly overrated on D will stop him from ever being top 10 PF.

andremiller07
11-02-2013, 01:37 AM
Has been surpassed by Tristan Thompson, Amir Johnson, Derrick Favors and probably many other before the season is over.

Ibaka without Westbrook this season shooting numbers
4-15
3-13

If you want to look at his numbers in the playoffs without Westbrook just scroll up I'm sure I listed them.

maybeshewill13
11-02-2013, 01:38 AM
This thread.. classic :facepalm

CarlosBoozer
11-02-2013, 04:12 AM
:kobe:

crunk-juice
11-02-2013, 11:41 AM
David West shits on half these poverty players listed

Frozen1
11-02-2013, 11:58 AM
LOL

I rebember back in the 2012 finals people saying perkins and ibaka would dominate bosh.

Lebron>Durant
Westbrook>Wade
Ibaka>Bosh

LOL at the media and the people who believed.

imdaman99
11-02-2013, 12:48 PM
LOL

I rebember back in the 2012 finals people saying perkins and ibaka would dominate bosh.

Lebron>Durant
Westbrook>Wade
Ibaka>Bosh

LOL at the media and the people who believed.
Only Westbrook held up his end.

Ibaka at this point is a top 100 PF currently in the league. Once Russ comes back, he can rejoin the top 20. But let's never overrate him again.

NumberSix
11-02-2013, 04:45 PM
OP is a gay.

andremiller07
11-03-2013, 10:37 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/9208/staging_sbnu_20120621_mjr_su5_297_standard_1348521 620_352.jpg

HarryCallahan
11-04-2013, 01:13 AM
:applause:

Average starting pf.

mjokc
11-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Ibaka has been very disappointing lately and I was wrong to suggest that he is a top 10 PF because he sure isn't one at the moment. That may change in the future, but as of now he has been terrible.

mjokc
11-04-2013, 12:56 PM
OP is a gay.

I don't think I can be gay after that huge creampie I just gave to your sister.

http://i.imgur.com/I5NNgMP.gif

RoundMoundOfReb
11-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Bosh
Aldridge
Monroe
Griffin
Love
Lee
Dirk
West
Davis
Randolph
Garnett
Thompson

That's 12 clearly better than him right there and that's off the top of my head. Not even including tweeners like Lebron/Melo.

mjokc
11-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Ibaka with 17 points on 8-10 shooting, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Ibaka with 17 points on 8-10 shooting, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks.
Thank god Westbrook is back.

mjokc
11-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Funny how the haters are only in this thread if Ibaka plays bad. Even with his struggle (3 games into the season) he had rebounded well before his beast of a game last night.

andremiller07
11-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Funny how the haters are only in this thread if Ibaka plays bad. Even with his struggle (3 games into the season) he had rebounded well before his beast of a game last night.
My whole point in this thread was to show you without two/three superstars to carry him he's Bismack Biyombo and that have been proven true. Off course he's going to play well under zero expectations or pressure on him that's what average players do.

He had a good game good on him but he's not top 10

mjokc
11-07-2013, 07:02 PM
My whole point in this thread was to show you without two/three superstars to carry him he's Bismack Biyombo and that have been proven true. Off course he's going to play well under zero expectations or pressure on him that's what average players do.

He had a good game good on him but he's not top 10

Pure ignorance.

andremiller07
11-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Pure ignorance.
Ibaka without 2 superstars
8 points 10 boards 4/15
9 points 9 boards 3/13
He post similar garbage without WB in the playoffs. This is while playing 32mins a game.

Bismack
4.8ppg 7.6rpg on 66.7% shooting in 27 mins per game and also Bismack has two extra blocks (1 extra game played). They are really not to far apart if put in the same situation. Both are two simply minded primitive basketball players who need others to make them look good and are besides blocks terrible on D.

mjokc
11-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Ibaka without 2 superstars
8 points 10 boards 4/15
9 points 9 boards 3/13
He post similar garbage without WB in the playoffs. This is while playing 32mins a game.

Bismack
4.8ppg 7.6rpg on 66.7% shooting in 27 mins per game and also Bismack has two extra blocks (1 extra game played). They are really not to far apart if put in the same situation. Both are two simply minded primitive basketball players who need others to make them look good and are besides blocks terrible on D.

I'm not even going to argue with you for the simple fact that you posted stats from a 3 game sample size. The entire OKC team played horrible when Westbrook went out. Every team is going to struggle if you lose a top 5 player suddenly after having practiced and studied plays WITH them involved for so long. Westbrook going out changed the entire offense for the worst.

andremiller07
11-07-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm not even going to argue with you for the simple fact that you posted stats from a 3 game sample size. The entire OKC team played horrible when Westbrook went out. Every team is going to struggle if you lose a top 5 player suddenly after having practiced and studied plays WITH them involved for so long. Westbrook going out changed the entire offense for the worst.
You would think that a top 10 PF would step up rather than melt when a star player goes out though.....

TheReal Kendall
11-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Weak Era for PFs

mjokc
11-07-2013, 07:34 PM
You would think that a top 10 PF would step up rather than melt when a star player goes out though.....

Ibaka was very disappointing along with everyone not named Durant during last year's playoffs.

DMAVS41
11-07-2013, 07:54 PM
I don't think Ibaka is really great or anything, but he's the perfect pf for a team with Durant and Westbrook.

So in that sense he's extremely valuable.

Damn I love that Thunder team. Going to wreck shit this year in the playoffs if they are healthy.

andremiller07
11-07-2013, 07:56 PM
I don't think Ibaka is really great or anything, but he's the perfect pf for a team with Durant and Westbrook.

So in that sense he's extremely valuable.

Damn I love that Thunder team. Going to wreck shit this year in the playoffs if they are healthy.
Only if they have a legit 3rd option cause he's not capable of stepping up if one is having a really off game or series come playoffs.

mjokc
11-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Once again ibaka plays great haters nowhere to be found.
Ibaka with 25 and 12 along with 3 blocks.

imdaman99
11-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Once again ibaka plays great haters nowhere to be found.
Ibaka with 25 and 12 along with 3 blocks.
It really is a PG thing. If Westbrook plays, the rest of the team plays well. It's not a big sample size, but enough to make it a point that Westbrook is definitely the engine that makes the team go. Durant is their best player obviously, but Westbrook is more valuable to the rest of the team that cannot create their own shots.

KG215
11-16-2013, 11:51 PM
Not claiming he's a top 10 PF or anything, because he still has his deficiencies, but Ibaka is averaging 20.0 PPG, 11.8 RPG, 2.5 BPG, 62.7% FG in his last four games. And that's including the game against the Clippers where he got ejected in the 2nd quarter with 13 points on 6/6 shooting. He only shot 6/13 tonight (somehow missed a point-blank layup and had a few other shots around the basket where the rim was unkind to him) but still had 15 points, 20 rebounds, and 4 blocks.

Sure, he may be dependent on Westbrook, but he's a perfect 3rd option for OKC when he's focused and playing aggressive. And it appears he's poised to take his game to another level again this year, which really shouldn't be a surprise since he's only 24 years old.

O_City_Thunder
11-16-2013, 11:56 PM
Can't go wrong with 15 points, 20 rebounds, and 4 blocks

mjokc
11-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Once again, Ibaka plays great and the haters are nowhere to be found. Yet when Ibaka had a slow start in the first games haters were ready to chime in.

KG215
11-17-2013, 12:13 AM
Once again, Ibaka plays great and the haters are nowhere to be found. Yet when Ibaka had a slow start in the first games haters were ready to chime in.
My biggest gripe with Serge has always been his tendency to not be aggressive. He is too big of an athletic freak to just stand there for large portions of the game. But the last 5 or 6 games we're seeing an active Serge, and when he's in that mode he's very dangerous. No, you're not going to be able feed him on the block and get 2 points anytime you want, but he can be a monster by just attacking the offensive glass and getting easy putbacks.

And hell, tonight he scored two or three times with very nice lowpost, back to the basket moves, so that part of his game is coming along, albeit very slowly.

BlazerRed
11-17-2013, 12:22 AM
I'd love to know his averages the last 4-5 games.. dude's been beasting.

KG215
11-17-2013, 12:25 AM
I'd love to know his averages the last 4-5 games.. dude's been beasting.
20-12-2.5 on 63% shooting the last 4 games. 18-11-3 on 62% in his last 5 games. And that's including the Clipper game where he had 13 1st half points before being wrongfully ejected.

BlazerRed
11-17-2013, 01:43 AM
20-12-2.5 on 63% shooting the last 4 games. 18-11-3 on 62% in his last 5 games. And that's including the Clipper game where he had 13 1st half points before being wrongfully ejected.
A new 20-10 PF :applause: Add in 3 blocks and above-average defense for good measure.

andremiller07
11-17-2013, 01:44 AM
A new 20-10 PF :applause:
Where was this without Westbrook?:confusedshrug:

KG215
11-17-2013, 02:22 AM
Where was this without Westbrook?:confusedshrug:
Who cares? For starters, the playoffs last year was the first time he was having to play as the 2nd option/go-to player in the starting lineup. Did he suck? Sure, but a 23 year old trying to assume a much bigger role, on the fly, in the playoffs can be daunting. And yes, I'm aware your biggest gripe about Ibaka is his lack of a postgame. But he was still getting wide-open jumpers in the playoffs, even sans-Westbrook, that he made at over a 50% clip during the regular season. Whether it was nerves or simply just a cold streak at the wrong time, they were shots he showed he can consistently make. What he didn't do then, that he's doing so far this season, is aggressively attack the offensive glass. All-in-all, when you add the 9 playoff games without Westbrook and 2 regular season games this year without Westbrook, you've got a very small sample size to draw from. And, as already noted, 9 of those 11 games came under extenuating circumstances.

If you're looking for Ibaka to turn into some legitimate low-post threat, capable of going out on his own and being a reliable #2, then you're probably going to keep being disappointed. But if you can't appreciate him for what he has done in the past, and is doing at an even higher level this year as a VERY good 3rd option, then why bother watch him at all? He's only 24 years old and has come back each season better than he was the previous season. And right now he's playing the best, sustained basketball of his career. It probably won't hold-up all season, but it's very possible. And honestly, I don't give a damn how he gets his 15-20 points. I'm all for him running the floor and getting 2-3 easy transition buckets per game (that's a great/rare attribute to have in a big), and I'm all for him getting another 7-10 3-5 buckets off wide-open 15-20 footers (another rare/great attribute in a big). And if he gets the rest of his points by crashing the offensive glass, even better. I don't care how he gets to 15-17 PPG and 10-12 RPG as long as he does it with consistency.

And now we're seeing an Ibaka (yes, with Westbrook) who can breakout for the occasional 25 and 12 game? That's scary. In the context of being a top 10 PF, his lack of productivity without Westbrook greatly hurts his case, I won't argue that. But he's still a damn good 3rd option who, at just 24 years old, keeps improving every single season.

andremiller07
11-17-2013, 02:29 AM
Who cares? For starters, the playoffs last year was the first time he was having to play as the 2nd option/go-to player in the starting lineup. Did he suck? Sure, but a 23 year old trying to assume a much bigger role, on the fly, in the playoffs can be daunting. And yes, I'm aware your biggest gripe about Ibaka is his lack of a postgame. But he was still getting wide-open jumpers in the playoffs, even sans-Westbrook, that he made at over a 50% clip during the regular season. Whether it was nerves or simply just a cold streak at the wrong time, they were shots he showed he can consistently make. What he didn't do then, that he's doing so far this season, is aggressively attack the offensive glass. All-in-all, when you add the 9 playoff games without Westbrook and 2 regular season games this year without Westbrook, you've got a very small sample size to draw from. And, as already noted, 9 of those 11 games came under extenuating circumstances.

If you're looking for Ibaka to turn into some legitimate low-post threat, capable of going out on his own and being a reliable #2, then you're probably going to keep being disappointed. But if you can't appreciate him for what he has done in the past, and is doing at an even higher level this year as a VERY good 3rd option, then why bother watch him at all? He's only 24 years old and has come back each season better than he was the previous season. And right now he's playing the best, sustained basketball of his career. It probably won't hold-up all season, but it's very possible. And honestly, I don't give a damn how he gets his 15-20 points. I'm all for him running the floor and getting 2-3 easy transition buckets per game (that's a great/rare attribute to have in a big), and I'm all for him getting another 7-10 3-5 buckets off wide-open 15-20 footers (another rare/great attribute in a big). And if he gets the rest of his points by crashing the offensive glass, even better. I don't care how he gets to 15-17 PPG and 10-12 RPG as long as he does it with consistency.

And now we're seeing an Ibaka (yes, with Westbrook) who can breakout for the occasional 25 and 12 game? That's scary. In the context of being a top 10 PF, his lack of productivity without Westbrook greatly hurts his case, I won't argue that. But he's still a damn good 3rd option who, at just 24 years old, keeps improving every single season.
Has nothing to do with his lack of post game, what annoys me is that people try to make out average players who have been carried there whole careers and been left wide open there whole careers and saying they are top 10 in there position and should be in the DPOY discussion when they are not. Same thing happend with Jeremy Lin and a few others, why are we hyping average players who need others to carry them like they are some All Stars?

Serge has played well last 3-4 games but really when your wide open 99% of the time and have zero pressure to perform he should be doing that with the skillset he has. This thread is about Ibaka being a top 10 PF not if he played well last 4 games. ATM he's in a perfect system that covers up all the holes in his game.

I have nothing against Serge I have said numerous times I would have him on the Kings cause I feel he would be a good fit next to Cousins, to me it's the people saying he's this and that like MjOkc which I don't like. Dude is a average player who at times can step up and be above average which is fine no shame in that but when I hear things like he's a elite defender and could be a All Star I just shake my head.

BallsOut
11-17-2013, 02:33 AM

Are you saying Ibaka is a top 10 PF?

Love
Davis
Bosh
Aldridge
Duncan
Griffin
Randolph
Lee
KG
Nowitzki
Gasol
West
Boozer

are just some guys I can think of who are better at that position.

KG215
11-17-2013, 02:40 AM
Has nothing to do with his lack of post game, what annoys me is that people try to make out average players who have been carried there whole careers and been left wide open there whole careers and saying they are top 10 in there position and should be in the DPOY discussion when they are not. Same thing happend with Jeremy Lin and a few others, why are we hyping average players who need others to carry them like they are some All Stars?

Serge has played well last 3-4 games but really when your wide open 99% of the time and have zero pressure to perform he should be doing that with the skillset he has. This thread is about Ibaka being a top 10 PF not if he played well last 4 games. ATM he's in a perfect system that covers up all the holes in his game.

I have nothing against Serge I have said numerous times I would have him on the Kings cause I feel he would be a good fit next to Cousins, to me it's the people saying he's this and that like MjOkc which I don't like. Dude is a average player who at times can step up and be above average which is fine no shame in that but when I hear things like he's a elite defender and could be a All Star I just shake my head.
Well, I strongly disagree about the average player part. The rest of our concerns/gripes are fine. But he's not just an "average" player. Believe it or not, not all of his jumpers are wide-open. He hits several (or more) a game by facing up and rocking his defender, and rising and drilling a jumper in his face, along with hitting some with a defender in the vicinity and contesting the shot. He gets some wide-open dunks/layups off Westbrook's and Durant's penetration, but he also works his ass off to crash the offensive glass and get putbacks like that, too.

And, like I said, the last few games he's even catching the ball with his back to the basket a couple of times a game and scoring by making a nice post move. I know that may be hard to believe, but it's happening...right now.

andremiller07
11-17-2013, 02:41 AM
Well, I strongly disagree about the average player part. The rest of our concerns/gripes are fine. But he's not just an "average" player. Believe it or not, not all of his jumpers are wide-open. He hits several (or more) a game by facing up and rocking his defender, and rising and drilling a jumper in his face, along with hitting some with a defender in the vicinity and contesting the shot. He gets some wide-open dunks/layups off Westbrook's and Durant's penetration, but he also works his ass off to crash the offensive glass and get putbacks like that, too.

And, like I said, the last few games he's even catching the ball with his back to the basket a couple of times a game and scoring by making a nice post move. I know that may be hard to believe, but it's happening...right now.
Slightly above average than

KobeClutchAsFK
11-17-2013, 02:45 AM

Love
Davis
Bosh
Aldridge
Duncan
Griffin
Randolph
Lee
KG
Nowitzki
Gasol
West
Boozer

As a laker fan, I can tell you with 100% certainty that serge ibaka is WAY better than 2013-2014 pau gasol.

Pau Gasol is DONE. FINISHED.

KG215
11-17-2013, 02:50 AM
Slightly above average than
Well, I disagree again, but that's fine. I think he's a good player. Not very good or great, or All-Star caliber, but he's better than "slightly above average". Slightly above players don't do the things he does, even in his role for OKC. How many "average" or "slightly above average" bigs would average 20-12-3 on 62% shooting over a 5 game stretch (including one game where he had an entire half controversially taken away from him), even in a role where they have Durant and Westbrook taking pressure off of them?

andremiller07
11-17-2013, 02:57 AM
Well, I disagree again, but that's fine. I think he's a good player. Not very good or great, or All-Star caliber, but he's better than "slightly above average". Slightly above players don't do the things he does, even in his role for OKC. How many "average" or "slightly above average" bigs would average 20-12-3 on 62% shooting over a 5 game stretch (including one game where he had an entire half controversially taken away from him), even in a role where they have Durant and Westbrook taking pressure off of them?
Tristian Thompson is the first that came to mind, John Henson, Ryan Anderson, Faried, JJ Hickson, Derrick Favors ,the better Morris twin, the PF position is stacked as well you got people like Nene/Milsap/David West who are very good as well there's a lot of people who no one brings up.

Even look at Jordan Hill man the things he's doing now over a short period

KG215
11-17-2013, 03:07 AM
Tristian Thompson is the first that came to mind, John Henson, Ryan Anderson, Faried, JJ Hickson, the better Morris twin, the PF position is stacked as well you got people like Nene/Milsap/David West who are very good as well there's a lot of people who no one brings up.

Even look at Jordan Hill man the things he's doing now over a short period
Ok, but I'm not arguing about Ibaka's rank among PF's. I just don't think a "slightly above average" player is capable of averaging 20-12-3, 62% shooting over a 5 game stretch, regardless of team and role.

andremiller07
11-17-2013, 03:09 AM
Ok, but I'm not arguing about Ibaka's rank among PF's. I just don't think a "slightly above average" player is capable of averaging 20-12-3, 62% shooting over a 5 game stretch, regardless of team and role.
Jeremy Lin and Isaiah Thomas are averging absurd numbers atm and imo are slightly above average do you agree with that?

KobeClutchAsFK
11-17-2013, 03:14 AM

Average just means the expected value of the sample space. The power forward position is currently stacked. Therefore, being "slightly above average" among starting power forwards in today's league means that you are a REALLY AWESOME player.

KG215
11-17-2013, 03:18 AM
Jeremy Lin and Isaiah Thomas are averging absurd numbers atm and imo are slightly above average do you agree with that?
Do either of those player come close to having the same defensive impact as Ibaka? Regardless if you think Ibaka's on-ball man defense is overrated (and he is to a certain degree), he's still an elite shot-blocker who provides an intimidating presence on that end of the floor. Do Lin and Thomas have that going or them?

andremiller07
11-17-2013, 03:20 AM
Do either of those player come close to having the same amount of impact defensively as Ibaka?
Does Ibaka have anywhere near the impact they have on offense and playmaking? They are both amazing at drawing fouls as well. I'm not saying either are better than Ibaka but to show how slightly above average players can put up great numbers and solid impact.

KobeClutchAsFK
11-17-2013, 03:25 AM
Does Ibaka have anywhere near the impact they have on offense and playmaking? They are both amazing at drawing fouls as well. I'm not saying either are better than Ibaka but to show how slightly above average players can put up great numbers and solid impact.

Exactly. being "average" at the PG or PF positions means you are a really valuable player because those positions are stacked. Meanwhile, the average shooting guard in this league is not nearly as valuable. average does not mean mediocre.

I wish the lakers had an average PF

KG215
11-17-2013, 03:25 AM
Fair enough, but this notion that Ibaka is only slighly above average...I mean really? That's silly.

A 15 and 8-10, with 3 blocks per game type PF in a 3rd option role...slightly above average? Either my standards are way too low or yours are way too high. I think Ibaka's overall impact is greater than that of an average or above average player.

andremiller07
11-17-2013, 03:27 AM
Exactly. being "average" at the PG or PF positions means you are a really valuable player because those positions are stacked. Meanwhile, the average shooting guard in this league is not nearly as valuable. average does not mean mediocre.

I wish the lakers had an average PF
The way Jordan Hill has been playing I think you do

moe94
11-17-2013, 03:58 AM
Anyone who entertains the idea of Ibaka being average or slightly above average in his position has absolutely no idea what "average" even means.

mjokc
11-17-2013, 04:13 AM
Anyone who entertains the idea of Ibaka being average or slightly above average in his position has absolutely no idea what "average" even means.

That is just people who hate Ibaka either due to jealousy or because he destroys their team. If people are getting butt hurt over semantics, then Serge is a fringe top 10 PF. I think most people would take Ibaka over Boozer and Gasol (since people listed them as players better than Ibaka).

KobeClutchAsFK
11-17-2013, 04:15 AM

Ok so there are 30 starting power forwards

Ibaka is probably the 13th best pf in the league. So he is moderately above the median for his position.

However if he can continue to put up 20-10 then he will definitely be able to be considered a top 7-8 pf in the league.

I don't personally believe he will continue to be a 20-10 pf

BlazerRed
11-17-2013, 04:19 AM
That is just people who hate Ibaka either due to jealousy or because he destroys their team. If people are getting butt hurt over semantics, then Serge is a fringe top 10 PF. I think most people would take Ibaka over Boozer and Gasol (since people listed them as players better than Ibaka).
Who wouldn't be jealous of Ibaka.. dude has the best body in the NBA :applause:

moe94
11-17-2013, 04:30 AM
However if he can continue to put up 20-10 then he will definitely be able to be considered a top 7-8 pf in the league.

I don't personally believe he will continue to be a 20-10 pf
How many PFs can put up 20/10? Certainly not 7 or 8. Hell, there was one year not too long ago where only 2 did it throughout the entire season.

Now, how many can put up 20/10 while being the best defender in the position? The answer is none...except Davis and his season just started.

dunksby
11-17-2013, 07:43 AM

Love
Davis
Bosh
Aldridge
Duncan
Griffin
Randolph
Lee
KG
Nowitzki
Gasol
West
Boozer

:roll: :roll:

CarlosBoozer
11-17-2013, 07:51 AM
:roll: :roll:
:(

dunksby
11-17-2013, 08:01 AM
:(
Sorry man didn't mean to upset you :cheers:

HomieWeMajor
11-17-2013, 08:21 AM
Ibaka has the potential to be a black Dirk with better defense.

mjokc
11-24-2013, 11:03 PM
17 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks tonight without westbrook. Damn, this thread is alike a dust bowl since Ibaka has been playing well after his 3 game skid to start the season.

andremiller07
11-24-2013, 11:06 PM
17 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks tonight without westbrook. Damn, this thread is alike a dust bowl since Ibaka has been playing well after his 3 game skid to start the season.
Really didn't see you bump it after he got trashed by Hickson?:confusedshrug:

mjokc
11-24-2013, 11:22 PM
Really didn't see you bump it after he got trashed by Hickson?:confusedshrug:

To be fair, Hickson destroyed the entire OKC team that night. I am posting because folks bumped this thread and mocked it when he had 3 bad games to start the season. Since then he's been playing lights out, minus the game against the Nuggets. You even claimed that without Westbrook he can't do anything, yet he puts up 17 / 11 / 3 just fine with Westbrook gone. Stay mad son, stay mad.

andremiller07
11-24-2013, 11:25 PM
To be fair, Hickson destroyed the entire OKC team that night. I am posting because folks bumped this thread and mocked it when he had 3 bad games to start the season. Since then he's been playing lights out, minus the game against the Nuggets. You even claimed that without Westbrook he can't do anything, yet he puts up 17 / 11 / 3 just fine with Westbrook gone. Stay mad son, stay mad.
Against a 1-14 team seems like your the mad one your the one bumping a claim you got completely wrong.........still not top 10........

mjokc
11-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Against a 1-14 team seems like your the mad one your the one bumping a claim you got completely wrong.........still not top 10........

Damn, let the hate flow through you bro. No matter what you find a way to hate on Serge. He is definitely playing like a top 10 PF and may be an all star this season if he keeps it up. If you read my OP, I clearly don't count players like KG, horford, Duncan, etc who play C a lot of the time. If Ibaka isn't a top 10, he is very close and will be there soon. You claim that he is nothing special and just an average player. Ibaka must have boned your mother or something you are full of nothing but hate. I wasn't proven wrong about shit, Ibaka just keeps performing. :roll:

Hatin ass nikka.

Graviton
11-25-2013, 12:32 AM
Damn, let the hate flow through you bro. No matter what you find a way to hate on Serge. He is definitely playing like a top 10 PF and may be an all star this season if he keeps it up. If you read my OP, I clearly don't count players like KG, horford, Duncan, etc who play C a lot of the time. If Ibaka isn't a top 10, he is very close and will be there soon. You claim that he is nothing special and just an average player. Ibaka must have boned your mother or something you are full of nothing but hate. I wasn't proven wrong about shit, Ibaka just keeps performing. :roll:

Hatin ass nikka.
Ibaka still sucks dick in my book until he actually steps up in the playoffs and especially vs the Heat. Pointless regular season games don't give me much hope.

KG215
11-25-2013, 01:52 AM
Serge's confidence is growing game by game, which in turn is leading to him playing with more aggression on a more consistent basis. I always thought one of his biggest problems was his tendency to have a monster game or two, then just go back to standing around and not doing much on either end of the floor for 3-5 games in a row. I mean sure, he'd might have games of 8-12 points in that stretch, but they'd all come off jumpers and he wouldn't attack the offensive glass or be aggressive on defense.

But this year he is making a more concerted effort to consistently attack the offensive glass, which is big. He's an athletic freak with great leaping ability and length. He's starting to realize he can get 4-8 points a night simply by aggressively hitting the offensive glass. He doesn't do it every game but he's doing it more often. And, while it's still far, far from elite or even good, he has developed some semblance of a post game. His footwork has improved and he is now getting a bucket or two or three most games with some variation of a post move.

Again, and this has been my biggest argument in backing Ibaka, he's only 24 years old and has come back every season improved. Hopefully he'll bring it in the playoffs this year.

mjokc
11-27-2013, 11:20 PM
17 points, 11 boards and 5 blocks against the Spurs tonight. Haters, where you at?

andremiller07
11-28-2013, 04:06 AM
17 points, 11 boards and 5 blocks against the Spurs tonight. Haters, where you at?
Must say he actually impressed me but still not close to top 10

moe94
11-28-2013, 04:15 AM
Must say he actually impressed me but still not close to top 10

Name 10 PF better than Ibaka right now.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 04:24 AM
Davis
Love
Griffin
Nowitzki
Aldridge
NeNe
Monroe
Bosh (If you're gonna say he's a center then LeBron)
Lee
Randolph
Horford (if he doesn't count Milsap)
Carmelo

moe94
11-28-2013, 04:25 AM
Davis
Love
Griffin
Nowitzki
Aldridge
NeNe
Monroe
Lee
Randolph
Carmelo

:biggums:

Reaching. No, Melo is not a PF and never will be. Just stop.

mjokc
11-28-2013, 04:27 AM
Davis
Love
Griffin
Nowitzki
Aldridge
NeNe
Monroe
Lee
Randolph
Carmelo

LOL @ putting Carmelo as a PF better than Ibaka. Melo may play SF from time to time but so does KD does that make him the best PF in the game? I didn't think it would hurt people so much to admit that Ibaka is a top 10 PF. David Lee, Nene and Monroe are arguable in being better than Ibaka.

russwest0
11-28-2013, 04:27 AM
If Carmelo is a PF then Bosh is a center. And LeBron is certainly not a PF at all.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 04:28 AM
:biggums:

Reaching. No, Melo is not a PF and never will be. Just stop.
Nene and Monroe are better no doubt. Lee is debatable and Melo plays PF a lot. I'd argue it's his best position. Statistically he's played most of his minutes at the 4. but even if u don't include him and Lee you still get 10 i believe.

andremiller07
11-28-2013, 04:29 AM
Love, Dirk, Davis, Nene, David West, Blake Griffin, LMA, David Lee, Z-Bo, Tim Duncan, Paul Milsap, Chris Bosh, Greg Monroe are all by far superior all around players those to me are non debatable

He's in the same category as
Favors, Hickson/Faired/Jordan Hill, Ryan Anderson, Larry Sanders (when healthy), Boozer, Anderson Varejo,

I'd say he's better than most those guys in the same category but it's hard to say since none of them have it as easy as him. There's prob's a few more I forgot about that you could throw in but yeah he's not top 10 his lack of playing making/go to scoring and man to man D makes it hard for me to put him top 10.

mjokc
11-28-2013, 04:29 AM
Nene and Monroe are better no doubt. Lee is debatable and Melo plays PF a lot. I'd argue it's his best position. Statistically he's played most of his minutes at the 4. but even if u don't include him and Lee you still get 10 i believe.

Nene and Monroe are both one of the kind of combo players and are neither are clear cut better than Ibaka. Monroe puts up some prettier scoring numbers but the offense is also ran through him. Any GM would take Ibaka over Nene right now.

moe94
11-28-2013, 04:30 AM
Nene and Monroe are better no doubt.

They're not, though. I really don't understand how you can believe that. Truly.

andremiller07
11-28-2013, 04:31 AM
They're not, though. I really don't understand how you can believe that. Truly.
Lmao they are both elite playmakers and go to scorers @ the PF spot the Wizard without Nene are nothing even with Wall and Beal out there.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 04:31 AM
Nene and Monroe are both one of the kind of combo players and are neither are clear cut better than Ibaka. Monroe puts up some prettier scoring numbers but the offense is also ran through him. Any GM would take Ibaka over Nene right now.
Cause of age. We're arguing top 10 right now. Both Monroe and Nene are capable of creating their own offense in the post where as Ibaka isn't.

KG215
11-28-2013, 04:32 AM
Regardless if you think he's a top 10 PF or not, he's averaging 15-10-3 on 52% shooting for the season...and that's with the horrific 8.7 PPG, .275 FG% start he got off to in OKC's first 3 games. In their last 10 games, you'd be hard-pressed to name 10 PFs who've had a better 2-way impact than Ibaka.

mjokc
Love, Dirk, Davis, Nene, David West, Blake Griffin, LMA, David Lee, Z-Bo, Tim Duncan, Paul Milsap, Chris Bosh, Greg Monroe are all by far superior all around players those to me are non debatable

He's in the same category as
Favors, Hickson/Faired/Jordan Hill, Ryan Anderson, Larry Sanders (when healthy), Boozer, Anderson Varejo,

I'd say he's better than most those guys in the same category but it's hard to say since none of them have it as easy as him. There's prob's a few more I forgot about that you could throw in but yeah he's not top 10 his lack of playing making/go to scoring and man to man D makes it hard for me to put him top 10.

http://ebengregory.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/mj-laughing.gif

RoundMoundOfReb
Lmao they are both elite playmakers and go to scorers @ the PF spot the Wizard without Nene are nothing even with Wall and Beal out there.
This. Ibaka can't create shit on offense.

andremiller07
11-28-2013, 04:33 AM
If your trying to win right now no they wouldn't but based on Ibaka's age and being injury free yeah they would.

mjokc
11-28-2013, 04:34 AM
Cause of age. We're arguing top 10 right now. Both Monroe and Nene are capable of creating their own offense in the post where as Ibaka isn't.

I'll say Monroe is better than Ibaka but Ibaka is better than Nene. Also, Nene can be considered a C as well.

mjokc
11-28-2013, 04:35 AM
Regardless if you think he's a top 10 PF or not, he's averaging 15-10-3 on 52% shooting for the season...and that's with the horrific 8.7 PPG, .275 FG% start he got off to in OKC's first 3 games. In their last 10 games, you'd be hard-pressed to name 10 PFs who've had a better 2-way impact than Ibaka.

Exactly, these guys are talking about the best offensive PFs, and I'm not arguing that. Ibaka is clearly a top 10 overall PF in this league.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 04:35 AM
I'll say Monroe is better than Ibaka but Ibaka is better than Nene. Also, Nene can be considered a C as well.
No. Gortat is a center.

Also if we change the argument to include people who aren't playing the 4 right now but I would rather have playing the 4 over Ibaka I could name like 20 players.

mjokc
11-28-2013, 04:37 AM
No. Gortat is a center.

Also if we change the argument to include people who aren't playing the 4 right now but I would rather have playing the 4 over Ibaka I could name like 20 players.

It doesn't matter, Ibaka is still a better player than Nene right now and any GM would take him on their team over Nene.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 04:38 AM
It doesn't matter, Ibaka is still a better player than Nene right now and any GM would take him on their team over Nene.
Factoring in age - yes you are correct. Level of play right now? Nope.

KG215
11-28-2013, 04:39 AM
Exactly, these guys are talking about the best offensive PFs, and I'm not arguing that. Ibaka is clearly a top 10 overall PF in this league.
Be prepared for andremiller07 to tell you how overrated and average/bad Ibaka is as a defender. Nevermind that his actual on-ball/post defense is improved this year and, regardless, he still provides elite rim-protection and excellent weak-side defense. People want to say, "but yeah, his on-ball defense sucks" and ignore how great he is as a weak-side defender which is arguably more valuable in the NBA. I've also been very impressed with his pick-n-roll defense so far this year.

andremiller07
He's not even close, Nene has been amazing this year and the Thunder had to get him thrown out of the game to stop him abusing Ibaka.

moe94
How can people say Ibaka is a bad defender while thinking LMA is one of the best PF in the league?

mjokc
Factoring in age - yes you are correct. Level of play right now? Nope.

Ibaka is currently one of the NBA leaders in blocks, has a legit and reliable jumper, can finish at the rim, averages 10 boards a game and is also currently the best big man at defending the PnR.

Let the hate flow through you.

mjokc
11-28-2013, 04:41 AM
He's not even close, Nene has been amazing this year and the Thunder had to get him thrown out of the game to stop him abusing Ibaka.

You mean the same way the Clippers had to get Ibaka thrown out of the game to make Ibaka stop abusing Blake Griffin?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 04:42 AM
How can people say Ibaka is a bad defender while thinking LMA is one of the best PF in the league?
LMA is a guy you can legitimately run your offense through and he's an above average defender. I don't get how Ibaka can be considered better at all.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 04:42 AM
Ibaka is currently one of the NBA leaders in blocks, has a legit and reliable jumper, can finish at the rim, averages 10 boards a game and is also currently the best big man at defending the PnR.

Let the hate flow through you.

I don't even dislike Ibaka but pretending as if he's slam dunk top 10 is wrong.

mjokc
11-28-2013, 04:43 AM
LMA is a guy you can legitimately run your offense through and he's an above average defender. I don't get how Ibaka can be considered better at all.

Stop arguing with yourself, nobody is saying that Ibaka is better than LMA. Ibaka is better defensively than LMA by far, but LMA is better overall.

andremiller07
11-28-2013, 04:43 AM
Are you the only other one in this thread that understands basketball cause it really feels like that.

Eric Cartman
11-28-2013, 04:45 AM
He is top 10 as a third option.

As a first? No way in hell.

mjokc
11-28-2013, 04:46 AM
He is top 10 as a third option.

As a first? No way in hell.

Not many PFs are true first options anymore. This is a guard's league.

andremiller07
11-28-2013, 04:46 AM
If you replaced Ibaka with one of those 13 guys I named earlier in the thread they would by a wide margin be the favourites to win the West and maybe even the NBA title with some of them.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 04:49 AM
Also forgot about David West. He's debatable with Ibaka as well. Ryan Anderson too.

mjokc
11-28-2013, 04:51 AM
Also forgot about David West. He's debatable with Ibaka as well. Ryan Anderson too.

David West, maybe. If you are trying to say that Ryan Anderson is a better overall PF than Ibaka you are just full of hate.

andremiller07
11-28-2013, 04:52 AM
David West, maybe. If you are trying to say that Ryan Anderson is a better overall PF than Ibaka you are just full of hate.
19.2 ppg 5board elite floor spacing on 50% shooting is not bad at all imo and that's coming off the bench he's had a excellent start so far and played terrific with Dwight back in Orlando but I got Ibaka over him slightly atm.

David West is no doubt better than Ibaka his toughness, scoring and defence just make him better all around and he's a very underrated passer.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-28-2013, 04:52 AM
Certain roles I would take Anderson over Ibaka but in a vacuum I would take Serge. Still thought he deserved a shout.

mjokc
11-30-2013, 12:49 AM
18 pts 13 rebounds along with 4 blocked shots tonight OT against the Warriors along with playing great defense. Before the haters chime in, he had 16 / 11 at the end of regulation.

KG215
11-30-2013, 12:57 AM
Some of it was Durant's defense when the Warriors went small, but Ibaka played the biggest part in holding David Lee to 2-of-12 shooting tonight.

imdaman99
11-30-2013, 12:58 AM
why the fck are they designing plays for him to tie the game down the stretch :rolleyes:

that scott brooks coaching :rockon:

KG215
11-30-2013, 01:22 AM
why the fck are they designing plays for him to tie the game down the stretch :rolleyes:

that scott brooks coaching :rockon:
I'm like 99.9% sure that play wasn't designed for Ibaka. Golden State doubled Durant as soon as he caught the ball and he passed it off to Serge who was pretty much wide-open.

russwest0
11-30-2013, 01:26 AM
Ibaka has been nothing short of a defensive anchor so far this season. Combine that with his 15/10 production and I am laughing my ass off at people thinking we should have chose Harden on the max over Ibaka

mjokc
11-30-2013, 01:27 AM
I'm like 99.9% sure that play wasn't designed for Ibaka. Golden State doubled Durant as soon as he caught the ball and he passed it off to Serge who was pretty much wide-open.

The haters are becoming scarce man, lol. I wonder what the new reason to hate Ibaka will be now. "Well he sucks at game winning shots, David West would have nailed that shit".

BlazerRed
11-30-2013, 01:27 AM
Ibaka has been nothing short of a defensive anchor so far this season. Combine that with his 15/10 production and I am laughing my ass off at people thinking we should have chose Harden on the max over Ibaka
He was terrible to start the first week or two, but since has been incredible :rockon:

mjokc
11-30-2013, 01:28 AM
He was terrible to start the first week or two, but since has been incredible :rockon:

He struggled in the first 3 games and even in those grabbed at least 9 boards and played good defense.

KG215
11-30-2013, 01:29 AM
You know, people may laugh at that notion, but his defense has been pretty damn incredible the last couple of weeks. He still struggles and has flaws as an on-ball defender (although that is greatly improved right now), but his weakside/help defense is arguably the best in the NBA and he's VERY good as a pick-n-roll defender right now. No idea if it'll hold-up, but if he keeps playing like this defensively throughout the year, he'd make his first truly deserved All-Defense team and even his DPOY votes would be somewhat deserved.

andremiller07
11-30-2013, 01:58 AM
The haters are becoming scarce man, lol. I wonder what the new reason to hate Ibaka will be now. "Well he sucks at game winning shots, David West would have nailed that shit".
Nope he played terrific no hate, I praised him every-time he played well, he's playing like a top 10 PF right now he's actually defending better than I ever seen him but again I would still take those other guys over him but he's gaining ground fast if he can keep this up he will crack the 8-10 barrier before season is over.

russwest0
11-30-2013, 02:02 AM
Nope he played terrific no hate, I praised him every-time he played well, he's playing like a top 10 PF right now he's actually defending better than I ever seen him but again I would still take those other guys over him but he's gaining ground fast if he can keep this up he will crack the 8-10 barrier before season is over.

If he keeps up he will be cracking the top 5 PF barrier

A. Davis
Love
Aldridge
Dirk
Ibaka

mjokc
11-30-2013, 02:50 AM

You also claimed that he was an "average" player. :roll:

andremiller07
11-30-2013, 03:07 AM
You also claimed that he was an "average" player. :roll:
Yeah still think he is just like I said before playing with two superstars makes you look a lot better. But he is playing well now

KG215
11-30-2013, 05:03 AM
Yeah still think he is just like I said before playing with two superstars makes you look a lot better. But he is playing well now
Come on man...I get some of your gripes about Ibaka, but to still claim he's just an average player? Even if you stripped away everything positive he brings on the offensive end (great mid-range game, great at crashing the offensive glass for putbacks, and a now a solid off the bounce/on the move offensive game for a big) and all he had was what he now brings on defense, he's better than just average.

But right now he's an elite defensive player on top of averaging 15 PPG on good efficiency. Playing with two superstars or not, he's better than "average".

andremiller07
11-30-2013, 06:07 AM
Come on man...I get some of your gripes about Ibaka, but to still claim he's just an average player? Even if you stripped away everything positive he brings on the offensive end (great mid-range game, great at crashing the offensive glass for putbacks, and a now a solid off the bounce/on the move offensive game for a big) and all he had was what he now brings on defense, he's better than just average.

But right now he's an elite defensive player on top of averaging 15 PPG on good efficiency. Playing with two superstars or not, he's better than "average".
He's playing very very well, he's above average in the role he plays no doubt but in general I will have to wait and see on that. Again I think our definition of average differs I think when I say average it's a bit higher than your average.

moe94
11-30-2013, 06:18 AM
average it's a bit higher than your average.
Average means average. You're implying he's in the middle pack of starting PF in the league. :oldlol:

15/10 with 2.5 blocks and great defense is far far from average.

mjokc
11-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Average means average. You're implying he's in the middle pack of starting PF in the league. :oldlol:

15/15 with 2.5 blocks and great defense is far far from average.

Haters gonna hate.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Easily

K Xerxes
11-30-2013, 06:57 PM
I'd be interested to see what his stats are with and without Westbrook. As far as I can remember, he seems to be atrocious when Westbrook is out (ie playoffs and beginning of this year) and pretty good when Westbrook plays.

mjokc
11-30-2013, 07:00 PM
I'd be interested to see what his stats are with and without Westbrook. As far as I can remember, he seems to be atrocious when Westbrook is out (ie playoffs and beginning of this year) and pretty good when Westbrook plays.

Why does that even matter? An important starting player in the lineup throws things off and a lot of players are worse when lineups are shaken up. For you to even get any type of relevant data you would have to see him without Westbrook for a long period of time like a season or two to see if he adjusts without him, which he would. These types of "What if x player was gone" are just ways to discredit players.

andremiller07
12-05-2013, 05:26 AM
Why have you guys not bumped this thread the past 2 games? If you going to bump a thread and ask "where the haters at" than make sure to bump it when he get's raped which is about everytime he has to guard someone decent.

Against a Kings team without Landry and Cousins he played even with Jason Thompson......who is about a top 30 PF at best :facepalm

Against the Blazer got his asshole torn and the Thunder even tried to protect him by keeping Perkins and Collison on LMA and sending doubles to limit the rape, but eventually nature had to take over and Ibaka's "elite defense" got exposed yet again. On top of that the spoon feed's went down and the good "two way player" didn't shoot or impact the game to well in either game, instead he made two awful non forced turnovers at crucial times....

Yet some of you claim he's top 10, top 10 PF in Spain maybe not in the NBA. Reality is dude is a highly primitive player who needs to be carried to look good, people talk about Kevin Love as this empty stats nonsense......Serge "the carried one" Ibaka is the definition of empty stats been getting carried his whole career. Reggie Jackson is far more important to the Thunder right now than Ibaka has or will ever be he can actually take over a game.

BlazerRed
12-05-2013, 05:39 AM
Reality is dude is a highly primitive player..

Are you saying he's an ape? WTF is wrong with you man :biggums: Not cool.

andremiller07
12-05-2013, 05:41 AM
Are you saying he's an ape? WTF is wrong with you man :biggums: Not cool.
Wtf are you talking about primitive means simple minded as in he lacks creativity and play's like a robot who get's carried. Look up the definition of primitive....I never said "prime ape" which is what your probably think it said when you read it.:biggums:

BlazerRed
12-05-2013, 05:44 AM
Wtf are you talking about primitive means simple minded as in he lacks creativity and play's like a robot who get's carried. Look up the definition of primitive....
"of, relating to, or resembling an early stage in the evolutionary development of a particular group of organisms: primitive amphibians "

Not cool bro.

andremiller07
12-05-2013, 05:47 AM
"of, relating to, or resembling an early stage in the evolutionary development of a particular group of organisms: primitive amphibians "

Not cool bro.
lol you can't be serious right now, primitive as in he lacks skills/IQ any craftiness his game is very basic.

BlazerRed
12-05-2013, 05:51 AM
lol you can't be serious right now, primitive as in he lacks skills/IQ any craftiness his game is very basic.
http://i.minus.com/iRTJnUbQNoMUj.gif

Graviton
12-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Why have you guys not bumped this thread the past 2 games? If you going to bump a thread and ask "where the haters at" than make sure to bump it when he get's raped which is about everytime he has to guard someone decent.

Against a Kings team without Landry and Cousins he played even with Jason Thompson......who is about a top 30 PF at best :facepalm

Against the Blazer got his asshole torn and the Thunder even tried to protect him by keeping Perkins and Collison on LMA and sending doubles to limit the rape, but eventually nature had to take over and Ibaka's "elite defense" got exposed yet again. On top of that the spoon feed's went down and the good "two way player" didn't shoot or impact the game to well in either game, instead he made two awful non forced turnovers at crucial times....

Yet some of you claim he's top 10, top 10 PF in Spain maybe not in the NBA. Reality is dude is a highly primitive player who needs to be carried to look good, people talk about Kevin Love as this empty stats nonsense......Serge "the carried one" Ibaka is the definition of empty stats been getting carried his whole career. Reggie Jackson is far more important to the Thunder right now than Ibaka has or will ever be he can actually take over a game.

Well said.

And how the **** is he Top 10 when PF position is even more stacked than PG currently? You have Dirk, Z-Bo, Griffin, Love, Aldridge, Bosh, Monroe, Horford, Milsap, Duncan, Lee, West, Smith, Davis, Favors and bunch of others I am probably forgetting.

There are so many PFs better than him it's not even funny.

andremiller07
04-24-2014, 11:24 PM

Ibaka has the potential to be a black Dirk with better defense.

This one had me dying laughing

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-24-2014/xSuPFB.gif

Lol people acting like I'm dumb calling Ibaka overrated, where was dude in the clutch? Soft jump shooter who can't defend anyone one on one and people act like he's a super two way player he's Serge "wide open/emptystats" Ibaka :facepalm

Props to Grav for being the only Thunder fan with common sense.

imdaman99
04-24-2014, 11:25 PM
How many times did we see Gasol drive right around Ibaka :biggums:

Trollsmasher
04-24-2014, 11:26 PM
This one had me dying laughing

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-24-2014/xSuPFB.gif

Lol people acting like I'm dumb calling Ibaka overrated, where was dude in the clutch? Soft jump shooter who can't defend anyone one on one and people act like he's a super two way player he's Serge "wide open/emptystats" Ibaka :facepalm
What can he do when his great teammates chuck 60 shots between themselves in 2 games in a row

You can't expect guy who is cut off the offense to play well

andremiller07
04-24-2014, 11:27 PM
What can he do when his great teammates chuck 60 shots between themselves in 2 games in a row

You can't expect guy who is cut off the offense to play
He's got zero offence other than being spoon feed and needs a double/triple team to contain any low post player.

andremiller07
04-30-2014, 04:23 AM
Let's be real if Serge had the impact of a legit top 10 PF this series would have been over and the Thunder would have won 4-1 or 4-2 at worst instead of being down 3-2. I just don't see him impacting the game at all honestly Butler has more of a impact on this series than him as has Perkins who for the most part has stopped Z-Bo till 2night.

Does anyone who has stated in this thread that he's better than Nene and Milsap actually still beleive that stupidity?

andremiller07
06-01-2014, 01:49 AM
Serge is by far the most overrated player in the NBA this guy couldn't even score 1 on 1 against Matt Bonner in either of the 2 games Bonner started and got torched by Duncan down the stretch "with his so called defence".

Past prime out of shape Diaw >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>current Serge it ain't even close
http://breakthehuddle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Big-Fat-Boris-Diaw.jpg

He ain't top 10, like I said glorified role player at best

Johnny Jones
06-01-2014, 02:03 AM
Serge is by far the most overrated player in the NBA this guy couldn't even score 1 on 1 against Matt Bonner in either of the 2 games Bonner started and got torched by Duncan down the stretch "with his so called defence".

It's not like Tim Duncan is the greatest PF ever or anything...

andremiller07
06-01-2014, 02:07 AM
It's not like Tim Duncan is the greatest PF ever or anything...
Matt Bonner is a elite defender but......Diaw>>>Ibaka

mjokc
08-10-2014, 02:42 AM
Matt Bonner is a elite defender but......Diaw>>>Ibaka
Damn, over a year later and you still salty AF about Ibaka being a top 10 PF?

dubeta
08-10-2014, 02:49 AM
If Serge had a team and offence built around him, he could have ended up as one of the GOAT top 3 pf's

Cactus-Sack
08-10-2014, 03:23 AM
Damn, over a year later and you still salty AF about Ibaka being a top 10 PF?

He isn't.

andremiller07
08-10-2014, 03:26 AM
He isn't.
Yeah I will never understand why people overrate him so much, the dude is piss weak in general and only looks good when he's wide open, getting outplayed by Diaw and Bonnar really should have opened people's eyes but I guess it didn't.

Ibaka is in the same tier of PF's as Faried, Jordan Hill, Amir Johnson and these types, it's just he gets carried by WB and KD, that's the only difference between him and them pretty much.

J Shuttlesworth
08-10-2014, 03:29 AM
Yeah I will never understand why people overrate him so much, the dude is piss weak in general and only looks good when he's wide open, getting outplayed by Diaw and Bonnar really should have opened people's eyes but I guess it didn't.

Ibaka is in the same tier of PF's as Faried, Jordan Hill, Amir Johnson and these types, it's just he gets carried by WB and KD, that's the only difference between him and them pretty much.
Ibaka's pretty damn good. Elite defender, and still put up 16 ppg in the playoffs while sharing w/ Durant/Westbrook. We saw how badly they got blown out w/o Ibaka against the Spurs

Inferno
08-10-2014, 03:30 AM
Ibaka's pretty damn good. Elite defender, and still put up 16 ppg in the playoffs while sharing w/ Durant/Westbrook. We saw how badly they got blown out w/o Ibaka against the Spurs

He puts up 16 PPG because of Durant & Westbrook though....all those open jumpers

J Shuttlesworth
08-10-2014, 03:33 AM
He puts up 16 PPG because of Durant & Westbrook though....all those open jumpers
He's a good mid range shooter... It's not like Westbrook/Durant are elite passers or something like that. I think it's a compliment to his game that he's putting up 16 ppg as a 3rd option in a Brooks run offense :lol

Who are the 10 PFs we're putting in front of him?

andremiller07
08-10-2014, 03:33 AM
They ended up getting badly blown out with him as well did they not? Obviously when the Thunder has no other player that are good (aside from KD/WB) they are going to miss Ibaka, the team is basically 2 and a half men. If Serge Ibaka was a legit top 10 PF the Thunder would have won a title by now.

J Shuttlesworth
08-10-2014, 03:36 AM
They ended up getting badly blown out with him as well did they not? Obviously when the Thunder has no other player that are good (aside from KD/WB) they are going to miss Ibaka, the team is basically 2 and a half men. If Serge Ibaka was a legit top 10 PF the Thunder would have won a title by now.
They were 2-2 with Ibaka, and the last game was very close. 2 of those games were blowouts by the Thunder (games 3-4). The Spurs straight dominated when Ibaka was injured. Even a 35 pt victory :eek:

andremiller07
08-10-2014, 03:37 AM
They were 2-2 with Ibaka, and the last game was very close. 2 of those games were blowouts by the Thunder (games 3-4). The Spurs straight dominated when Ibaka was injured. Even a 35 pt victory :eek:
The Spurs in game 5 raped them by like 25+, I never said Ibaka didn't help the Thunder I just said he's madly overrated in what he does at both ends of the floor. I'm pretty sure the games they won were at home as well which always helps out.

Inferno
08-10-2014, 03:37 AM
He's a good mid range shooter... It's not like Westbrook/Durant are elite passers or something like that. I think it's a compliment to his game that he's putting up 16 ppg as a 3rd option in a Brooks run offense :lol

Who are the 10 PFs we're putting in front of him?

Eh, he might be top 10. Let me think..

Griffin
Love
Aldridge
Dirk
Davis
Bosh
Duncan
Gasol
Randolph
Lee
Ibaka
Millsap

That's 12, idk how to order it

andremiller07
08-10-2014, 03:40 AM
Eh, he might be top 10. Let me think..

Griffin
Love
Aldridge
Dirk
Davis
Bosh
Duncan
Gasol
Randolph
Lee
Ibaka
Millsap

That's 12, idk how to order it
David West, Greg Monroe, Taj Gibson there's plenty better

J Shuttlesworth
08-10-2014, 03:41 AM
The Spurs in game 5 raped them by like 25+, I never said Ibaka didn't help the Thunder I just said he's madly overrated in what he does at both ends of the floor. I'm pretty sure the games they won were at home as well which always helps out.
uh ok... The Thunder raped them in games 3-4, even though the final score doesn't show a huge differential. They were both blowout games. There was clearly a difference between the Thunder with and without Ibaka. Spurs were still the better team.

dubeta
08-10-2014, 04:05 AM
I'm literally LAUGHING at anyone putting Love in the top 10 PF :roll:

TheMarkMadsen
08-10-2014, 04:07 AM
Griffin
Love
Aldridge
Dirk
Davis
Bosh
Duncan
Gibson
Gasol
Randolph
Lee
Monroe
Millsap
West
Ibaka

Cactus-Sack
08-10-2014, 04:10 AM
He's an elite help defender and decent mid-range shooter who runs the floor well enough. He's probably 12-20th best pf in the league depending on the coach. For example in games 5 & 6 his usefulness was largely counteracted by scott brooks' love for/fear of Perkins. If Fisher/Lamb/Sefolosha were put into the starting line-up and Ibaka move to C he may ave made a greater impact. Likewise Diaw who on most teams would be seldom used is made to look like an all-star on the Spurs.

andremiller07
09-10-2014, 07:38 PM

Bump

Serge Ibaka 1-7, Diaw 6-12 France spank Spain

Role player at all levels

TaLvsCuaL
09-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Judging Ibaka based on this match is unfair, Orenga has not used him correctly and was also a bad game.

He is not top 10 PF tho.

Graviton
09-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Bump

Serge Ibaka 1-7, Diaw 6-12 France spank Spain

Role player at all levels
Not surprised, without Durant and Westbrook spoon feeding him wide open shots he can't do anything, no skill whatsoever.

JT123
09-10-2014, 08:00 PM
Not surprised, without Durant and Westbrook spoon feeding him wide open shots he can't do anything, no skill whatsoever.
More like Durant and Westbrook have stunted his growth by turning him into a spot up shooter instead of feeding him in the post. :facepalm

kshutts1
09-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Griffin
Love
Aldridge
Dirk
Davis
Bosh
Duncan
Gibson
Gasol
Randolph
Lee
Monroe
Millsap
West
Ibaka
Bolded all of the players that are not definitely above Ibaka. That leaves Ibaka as top 10.

MiseryCityTexas
09-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Ibaka would be a solid role player in the 90s and 80s era of basketball. Hell Armen Gilliam was a much better post up offensive player than Ibaka is currently which is ****ing pathetic.

MiseryCityTexas
09-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Bolded all of the players that are not definitely above Ibaka. That leaves Ibaka as top 10.

Greg Monroe is most definately a much better player overall than Ibaka. :oldlol: Everyone on Inside Hoops would be dickriding Monroe if he played for a solid NBA team.:oldlol:

Beastmode88
09-10-2014, 08:27 PM
More like Durant and Westbrook have stunted his growth by turning him into a spot up shooter instead of feeding him in the post. :facepalm

Lebron did the same thing to bosh if not worse. Hes probably the skinniest guy to play center today.

Budadiiii
09-10-2014, 08:28 PM
No, he's not. He ****ing sucks.

2 man team in OKC.

andremiller07
09-11-2014, 05:23 AM
Yeap it's the sad reality

andremiller07
09-11-2014, 05:24 AM
Kendrick Perkins and Steve Adams are more effective in the post than Ibaka and both are pathetic

Paul George 24
09-11-2014, 05:56 AM
There is no more denying it anymore he's leading big me in shooting % as well as blocks. His defense isn't too shabby either, although he could improve his man defense. I'd put Ibaka at a solid #10. Since Garnett and Duncan are mostly centers now, I don't include them in the top PF list. To make it clear, if we were discussing GOAT PFs, then of course Garnett and Duncan would be listed.

in this weak era,he might be top 10 pf

Lebronxrings
09-11-2014, 07:00 AM
ibaka is a top 3 pf. He is a defensive anchor, can play DPOY individual defense, can shoot anywhere on the court, can play in the post, and can dunk on your face. He can do everything, but is limited due to westbrook and durant hogging the ball all the time. In a way you could say he is a 2 inch shorter, more athletic shaq.

andremiller07
09-11-2014, 07:01 AM
ibaka is a top 3 pf. He is a defensive anchor, can play DPOY individual defense, can shoot anywhere on the court, can play in the post, and can dunk on your face. He can do everything, but is limited due to westbrook and durant hogging the ball all the time. In a way you could say he is a 2 inch shorter, more athletic shaq.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :biggums:

Encre92
09-11-2014, 07:13 AM
Ibaka is top 3 PF make no mistake about it. Defense > Offense.

And Serge is a DPOY calibre player.

KG215
09-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Not surprised to click on the last page of this thread and see 3 or 4 responses by andremiller. I mean I hardly ever see him post anymore, but when there's an opportunity to bash Ibaka, he pops up and posts 3-4 times on one page of the thread.

russwest0
09-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Ibaka's defense has become so "overrated," it's underrated.

If you want to see a "rim protector" that's overrated as hell, look at someone like DeAndre Jordan.

Ibaka came a long way last year in overall defense, but I guess that won't stop dipshits from spewing whatever nonsense beliefs they have locked into their brain