PDA

View Full Version : How much respect have you lost for Ray Allen?

shady6121
04-16-2013, 03:35 PM
How b*tchmade is he for joining the Heat because the Celtics couldn't beat them? If he had no rings it would've been understandable, but he had already won one with the Celtics in 2008.

"If you can't beat them, join them". :lol

Jlamb47
04-16-2013, 03:37 PM
How b*tchmade is he for joining the Heat because the Celtics couldn't beat them? If he had no rings it would've been understandable, but he had already won one with the Celtics in 2008.

He had beef with rondo im sure he left for good reasons

daj0264
He could never be a first or second option, too mentally weak.

All Net
If he wasn't playing an important role in their team you may have a point...but he is.

FireDavidKahn
None?

justin12140
04-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Part of the reason he left was because his role on the celtics was becoming smaller and wasnt he the subject of multiple trade romurs? He's a human and did what was best for himself

FireDavidKahn
Please. If Ray Allen was never traded by Minnesota he and Garnett would have won championships together.

selrahc
ray allen is at the end of his career so its kind of okay. lebron on the other hand couldnt win anything as the first option so he had to join up with wade and bosh. how can you have respect for lebron after what he did to cleveland?

bmd
I'm sure there is more to it than the simpleton "he couldn't beat the Heat so he joined them".

shady6121
04-16-2013, 03:39 PM

This.

If he wasn't playing an important role in their team you may have a point...but he is.

Not really, the Heat are stacked enough with three point shooters that not having Ray Allen would make almost no difference.

daj0264
04-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Please. If Ray Allen was never traded by Minnesota he and Garnett would have won championships together.

Only if they got someone to be the 2nd option, when he did win he was 3rd option and now he is like 6th option.

shady6121
04-16-2013, 03:40 PM

I don't see them beating Shaq's Lakers.

HomieWeMajor
04-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Can't hate on someone else's decision. It's their own choice. But if I was a player I wouldn't have joined the team that had knocked us out of the playoffs the last two years and that we have just played a tough 7 game series against but to each his own.

bmd
04-16-2013, 03:41 PM
ray allen is at the end of his career so its kind of okay. lebron on the other hand couldnt win anything as the first option so he had to join up with wade and bosh. how can you have respect for lebron after what he did to cleveland?What if he stayed in Cleveland and Cleveland traded for Wade and Bosh? Would that be different?

Because LeBron wasn't happy with Cleveland not getting the team another really good player. So he sought out good players himself. Nothing wrong with that imo.

Shade8780
04-16-2013, 03:43 PM
I lost a lot of respect for Ray.

He had beef with rondo im sure he left for good reasons
But he could of picked 28 other teams in the league to join than the Heat, who are the Celtics biggest rival right now.

Part of the reason he left was because his role on the celtics was becoming smaller and wasnt he the subject of multiple trade romurs? He's a human and did what was best for himself
He has the exact same role on the Heat as he did on the Celtics last year and would've had this year :biggums:

ProfessorMurder
04-16-2013, 03:43 PM
I lost practically every bit of fondness I've had for Ray.

- Bitched about coming off the bench last year, but had bone spurs in both ankles and Bradley was playing great.

- Says he won't come off the bench or be the 4th option.

- Goes to Miami to come off the bench, be at most the 4th option, for less money.

- Started sniping about Rondo once he left.

Not cool man. I don't care that he left, but the way he did it is just a bitch way to go.

shady6121
04-16-2013, 03:44 PM
ray allen is at the end of his career so its kind of okay. lebron on the other hand couldnt win anything as the first option so he had to join up with wade and bosh. how can you have respect for lebron after what he did to cleveland?

I lost a lot of respect for LeBron after the whole "Decision" fiasco and especially after playing the way he did in the 2011 Finals, but his performance in the 2012 playoffs was enough for me to respect him as a player again. I understand your point, but you can't really blame LeBron for joining the Heat, it was a once in a life time opportunity.

Can't hate on someone else's decision. It's their own choice. But if I was a player I wouldn't have joined the team that had knocked us out of the playoffs the last two years and that we have just played a tough 7 game series against but to each his own.

This.

russwest0
04-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Didn't someone say that he had been wanting to join the Heat since last season? So during the 7 game series vs Miami he wanted to be with the Heat.

And to be honest he'd probably have a bigger role in Boston than he does right now in Miami. Yeah, he used to be one of my favorite players but I lost all respect for him.

Nash
04-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Yes, why did Ray Allen at 37 switch to sunny Miami after living in cold cities for all these years? Why did he switch to a good team(notice how I said good team and not ring chase) instead of waiting to be traded to a irrelevant team? Why move to Florida when your family is there?

Only in basketball do players get shit for wanting to play in a good team. In any other sport, every player wants to be on a good team.

IncarceratedBob
04-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Ray took less money to play for a worse team. Pathetic.

Haymaker
04-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Judas Shuttlesworth is a whiny b

daj0264
04-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Yes, why did Ray Allen at 37 switch to sunny Miami after living in cold cities for all these years? Why did he switch to a good team(notice how I said good team and not ring chase) instead of waiting to be traded to a irrelevant team? Why move to Florida when your family is there?

Only in basketball do players get shit for wanting to play in a good team. In any other sport, every player wants to be on a good team.

If kim jong un was traded to the heat your would happily lick his balls wouldn't you?

WayOfWade
04-16-2013, 04:10 PM
I didn't lose any respect for him. The dude is at the tail end of his career, and playing in Miami with the likes of Wade and LeBron will extend his career, and make it easier for him to play. Ray wasn't chasing money, he was looking for the best place to play that would compliment him. Boston had tried to trade him that season, and he had some beef with Rondo, and Miami promised none of those problems, along with having an easier time with superstars drawing all the attention.

TheReal Kendall
04-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Why are we still talking about this? Get over it people! Why stay with a team that was trying to trade you? I would've left too. The choice is simple play for a good team or get traded to a trashy team. It's not like he pulled a Lebron hell

CeltsGarlic
04-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Im surprised by how indifferent I am. He was my all time fav player, started following celtics mostly because of him, and I was huge homer of his game in boston days, but now I just dont give a fvck about anything he does. I think I will rep him after he retires, and I will say to my grandkids how great he was, but now hes nothing to me.

Doctor Rivers
04-16-2013, 04:20 PM
If kim jong un was traded to the heat your would happily lick his balls wouldn't you?

he def would

Derka
04-16-2013, 04:23 PM
I was hoping he'd stay a Celtic but I understand why he left. Miami gave him a great pitch and he was sold. Certainly don't have less respect for him...even though his reasoning for leaving was pretty dishonest. I wish he would have just said that he wasn't happy and didn't like Rondo all that much.

Besides, his first title AND setting the all-time three point streak? Both on OUR floor.

Clutch
04-16-2013, 04:23 PM
All of it. I don't like KG and Pierce but I understand them and I would probably act the same way towards Ray Allen.

He left them and joined their biggest and most hated opponent. F*ck that bitch.

BBallZen83
04-16-2013, 04:24 PM
The thread title is about Ray Allen. Not everything has to come back to your dislike of Lebron James. Besides that, did you lose any respect for your idol at all after some questionable decisions? Blowing up things with shaq, rape allegations, being trounced early in the playoffs a couple years? You probably didn't lose any respect at all did you. Cause you don't judge things with any level of objectivity. And even if you did lose respect, did you not gain it back when he once again won two more titles with the arrival of Gasol? Cause winning cures everything. period. Lebron, had a banner year last year, and won just about every basketball accolade possible. Time to give the guy just a sliver of respect, if even grudgingly. Still hate him if you want.

jimmy77x
04-16-2013, 04:25 PM

STFU you scum of the earth bandwagoning loser. Not everyone wants to live in miami.
http://i45.tinypic.com/16ko120.png

Killbot
04-16-2013, 04:26 PM
A little for leaving his legacy with the Celtics behind him, but I don't exactly blame him for his actions. He was often underutilized through Doc's system well into his start of his Boston tenure. He joined his rival, that's the bad part, but at least he didn't join the Lakers.

I lost practically every bit of fondness I've had for Ray.

- Bitched about coming off the bench last year, but had bone spurs in both ankles and Bradley was playing great.

- Says he won't come off the bench or be the 4th option.

- Goes to Miami to come off the bench, be at most the 4th option, for less money.

- Started sniping about Rondo once he left.

Not cool man. I don't care that he left, but the way he did it is just a bitch way to go.

Never heard him say that. He didn't like the role or how things were run in Boston, so he left. I've never hear him ever use the term option when referring to scoring and if he wouldn't want to come off the bench, then he wouldn't have joined the Heat.

Crown&Coke
04-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Had the Celtics not actively shopped Shuttlesworth for 3-4 consecutive years, then I would have a beef with him bouncing. But simply put, the Celts tried to trade him at the deadline more than a couple times. He went to Miami, Riley told him he wouldn't do that, and boom, deal done.

In all reality, when you are in a sit-down with the Godfather, you do as he asks. He never demands, he just asks you and you must do it. It's part of the rules. And Riley said sign on the dotten line, what was Jesus to do?

2LeTTeRS
04-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Got 2 questions for anybody who "lost respect" for Allen.

1) You don't understand the concept of "free agency" do you?
2) If you were offered a position that you were convinced would put you in a better situation (whether purely financial or otherwise) would you give any thought to the impact that would be felt by your co-workers?

Let's be real Ray Allen was a model citizen for the Celtics and fulfilled all the obligations expected of him, even though his employer tried to ship him out at least twice.

pegasus
04-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Miami was the only team he shouldn't have signed with, and the bitch goes out and signs with them. Joining LAC or SAS would have made sense, and it wouldn't have been a total betrayal.

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2013, 04:58 PM
I lost no respect. It was motivated by revenge and I understand his anger at certain things (like always being trade bait). It was very disappointing though. I expect him to be somewhat forgiven eventually, he should be there whenever the team decides to honor the 2008 squad. But they shouldn't retire his jersey.

dh144498
04-16-2013, 04:58 PM
the dude is just a spot up shooter. He's too mentally weak to take charge. He's a follower, not a leader.

#number6ix#
04-16-2013, 05:01 PM
I still have respect for him even if he didn't join my home team... I don't understand why playerS are suppose to be so loyal to a franchise that isn't loyal to anyone as soon as you begin underperforming they will do what's best for the team, but its a problem when a player does what's best for them... My city is the shit nice beaches, great weather, nice areas to live and he gets to compete at the highest level can't beat it

ProfessorMurder
04-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Never heard him say that. He didn't like the role or how things were run in Boston, so he left. I've never hear him ever use the term option when referring to scoring and if he wouldn't want to come off the bench, then he wouldn't have joined the Heat.

He 100% said he wouldn't come off the bench. Maybe not the 4th option part, but he was super pissed about coming off the bench.

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2013, 05:02 PM
the dude is just a spot up shooter. He's too mentally weak to take charge. He's a follower, not a leader.
You clearly know nothing about Allen's career.

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2013, 05:04 PM
He 100% said he wouldn't come off the bench. Maybe not the 4th option part, but he was super pissed about coming off the bench.
I never heard him say he wouldn't come off the bench and last season he did in fact come off the bench. He probably didn't like it but he remained professional.

Killbot
04-16-2013, 05:18 PM

Like RMWG, I've never heard him say that, but I don't disagree with you that he wasn't happy with the bench situation. On interviews with him as the Miami Heat, he mentioned (not in exact words) that he wanted to still feel important and he didn't see that in Boston. They limited his role further in his last year with Boston. I understood why Doc did it last year with his bone spurs, but it appeared Allen did not view this perspective. He questioned the direction of the Celtics and with a cloudy future based on trade rumors, that swayed him on the side of joining to the Heat.

Go back in time and watch Ray with the Sonics and Bucks. K thanks.

Big Cheese
04-16-2013, 05:27 PM
He is still respected only ones that dont are bitter celtic fans and heat haters.

pegasus
04-16-2013, 05:30 PM
He is still respected only ones that dont are bitter celtic fans and heat haters.
Do you think he is respected by the players?

Goldrush25
04-16-2013, 05:32 PM

Maybe he just wanted to play somewhere where he felt wanted and they don't try to trade him every February.

The Heat players and organization made it clear that they wanted him in the fold. Contrast that to the Celtics trying to trade him, apparently bickering constantly with an on-the-rise Rajon Rondo, and it looks like an easy decision.

He made a business decision. That's what the NBA is, a business. People need quit getting their feelings hurt over this stuff.

SIRI1
04-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Fans care about this kind of stuff way, way , way more than players do.

Big Cheese
04-16-2013, 05:35 PM

Yes

PickernRoller
04-16-2013, 05:38 PM
I never had much respect for Ray Allen but I grew some after seen him battle it out with Kobe in the 2010 Finals and his heart in GM 2. Needless to say I was quickly reminded why he deserves no respect when he joined the Heat.

It's what it's. Heat fans will defend him to death these days - but we all know why.

BasedTom
04-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Even before he left and Rondo's ACL tore, Boston's window was closing due to age.

I think the rumored chemistry issues with Rondo was what may have provoked him choosing to go to rival Miami to spite the Celtics along with the prospects of winning another or multiple rings in the twilight of his career. I still respect him though. He can play, has made clutch shots, and has shown a winning attitude this year with his new team.

clear lock for the HoF but it's more interesting to me to speculate on what city's arena will have his jersey hanging.

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2013, 05:40 PM
He's got the record for most career threes. How could they not respect him?

pegasus
04-16-2013, 05:42 PM
They can respect his record, but that doesn't mean they respect him as a person after what he's done. That's what I was asking; he can still play of course, I'm not arguing that.

SIRI1
He obviously didnt want to play for Boston any more since he turned down more money from them. And he wanted to play for a contender. Other than Miami, what other contender was showing him interest? I know the Clippers were until they signed Jamal Crawford.

Real Men Wear Green
lock for the HoF but it's more interesting to speculate on what city's arena will have his jersey hanging.
Potentially no one. He has no ties to Oklahoma and the Celtics can't be happy with him right now. His only chance is Milwaukee.

PickernRoller
04-16-2013, 05:43 PM

There are different types of respect. Surely people respect his game - he's one of the best 3-point shooters ever. There is more to Ray Allen than his game.

tpols
04-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Ive lost a lot for him.. Cavs-Heat and Boston-Heat, basically bron vs older Cs, was one of the best rivalries in the playoffs year in and year out.

And Raty hopped onto the other side just as HIS side was declining. Thats almost Lebron level bandwagoning right there.

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2013, 05:44 PM
They can respect his record, but that doesn't mean they respect him as a person after what he's done. That's what I was asking; he can still play of course, I'm not arguing that.
What has he done? Joined a winner? Lots of players do that. Do players disrespect Gary Payton?

LEFT4DEAD
04-16-2013, 05:45 PM
No wonder that that guy ripthekik is your hero.

LongLiveTheKing
04-16-2013, 05:45 PM
He couldn't see himself starting behind Avery Bradley but he wouldn't mind being behind D-Wade.

Also how bad was that beef with Rondo? I remember they did the post game together(like Lebron and D-Wade) after I think Game 2 of the ECF...

tpols
04-16-2013, 05:47 PM
What has he done? Joined a winner? Lots of players do that. Do players disrespect Gary Payton?
Gary Payton didnt join his closest rivals.. He went to what LA? Miami? Seattle wasnt in a big rivalry with them at those times at all.

Heat Celtics and in general Bron-Celtics was one of the biggest rivalries in basketball. And ray jumped just as his ship was sinking to the other side. You have to use context.

pegasus
04-16-2013, 05:48 PM
I wonder when Noah's contract is up. I'm sure he wouldn't mind joining the Heat for less money and become their starting C.

Goldrush25
04-16-2013, 05:48 PM
There are different types of respect. Surely people respect his game - he's one of the best 3-point shooters ever. There is more to Ray Allen than his game.

Who cares if they respect him as a person? All that matters is that they respect the mark he left on the game.

I don't know about you but when I go to work, the thing I care about most is that people know I can do my job and do it well. There's someone else at my job that has the best personality but is relatively incompetent at her job. Bottom line is do you take care of business or not. All of that other crap is for the birds.

Ray Allen's mark on this game is indelible. Doesn't matter who "respects" him or not.

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Gary Payton didnt join his closest rivals.. He went to what LA? Miami? Seattle wasnt in a big rivalry with them at those times at all. Rivalry only matters to people within the rivalry. We've seen no signs of players in general disrespecting Allen.

Heat Celtics and in general Bron-Celtics was one of the biggest rivalries in basketball. And ray jumped just as his ship was sinking to the other side. You have to use context.
So? If they told Allen he would still be a starter and make 10 mil a year he'd probably still be here. He was a free agent, meaning he could sign wherever he wanted to. He chose to go to a team that his previous employer was a rival of. His business. The Celts didn't like it, us fans didn't like it, but he played hard when he was here, never cheated the game in any way, and remains a total pro. Unless he's one of the Celtics that played alongside him, why would another player be angered by his action? Makes no sense.

PickernRoller
04-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Ray Allen's mark on this game is indelible. Doesn't matter who "respects" him or not.

If that's so then why are you on the thread? Who gives a shit if someone respect him or not? Right?

Lol at that example - doesn't in any way, shape or form rebutted what I had to say. A lot of players in this league deliver - that's why they made it to the NBA. :facepalm

Your competitive spirit, drive, morals, and ethics are also taken into account. If we were all judged on our ability to deliver then there is little uniqueness factor among all humans - certainly not the case.

This thread can be broken down into two camps:

1. Those who believe Ray Allen's decisions and conduct do not in any way affect their respect/opinion of the person.

2. Those who believe Ray Allen's decision and conduct play a role in their respect for the person.

No need to convince one side or the other for either of the two. It's clear both are grounded in strong opinions. Everyone is entitled to theirs.

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2013, 06:01 PM
I wonder when Noah's contract is up. I'm sure he wouldn't mind joining the Heat for less money and become their starting C.
Different scenario. Ray Allen will probably be retired within the next 2-3 years whereas Noah might even con the max out of someone and be one of the East's 3 best centers for the next 5+ years. Ray Allen has had his max deals, probably has a ton of $, he can value a ring over the MLE or whatever the Cs were offering. Plus Noah isn't mad at Chi the way Allen was mad at the Cs.

tpols
04-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Rivalry only matters to people within the rivalry. We've seen no signs of players in general disrespecting Allen.

So? If they told Allen he would still be a starter and make 10 mil a year he'd probably still be here. He was a free agent, meaning he could sign wherever he wanted to. He chose to go to a team that his previous employer was a rival of. His business. The Celts didn't like it, us fans didn't like it, but he played hard when he was here, never cheated the game in any way, and remains a total pro. Unless he's one of the Celtics that played alongside him, why would another player be angered by his action? Makes no sense.
Who said other players would be angered by his actions? No one's angry and the thread is asking if we have lost respect for him. No anger involved.. Just opinions on the matter. If anything it be more of a smh type reaction like really dude? The heat?

And there were 28 other teams he could've gone to.. He went to the heat. Their chief rivals and the guys they hated. Obviously KG doesn't respect him anymore.. Wouldn't even shake his hand at times. And deservedly so. As a fan of the game I agree with KGs sentiments.

PJR
04-16-2013, 06:09 PM
:oldlol: Outside of Boston fans, the only people who have lost respect for Ray Allen are those who resented the Heat prior to, for which I can say who gives a f*ck if they lost respect for him or not?

It's called free agency. Deal with it.

outbreak
04-16-2013, 06:10 PM
I lost respect but not primarily because he went to the heat. Just the way he handled it from what all the boston staff and players have said. Tried to paint it as a Rondo issue when he was making stuff up and acting like a princess in the media.

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Who said other players would be angered by his actions.
Read up. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8455237&postcount=43)
No one's angry and the thread is asking if we have lost respect for him. No anger involved.. Just opinions on the matter. If anything it be more of a smh type reaction like really dude? The heat?

And there were 28 other teams he could've gone to.. He went to the heat. Their chief rivals and the guys they hated. Obviously KG doesn't respect him anymore.. Wouldn't even shake his hand at times. And deservedly so. As a fan of the game I agree with KGs sentiments.
KG would be one of the players within the rivalry.

G-train
04-16-2013, 06:28 PM
No one had a bad word to say about Ray until he left for Miami.
What does that say about the situation?

Perhaps he had very good reasoning that the average ISH poster does not know about.

Clyde
04-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Zero

The_Yearning
04-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Nope. But he's bitchmade.

Nash
04-16-2013, 07:04 PM
STFU you scum of the earth bandwagoning loser. Not everyone wants to live in miami.
http://i45.tinypic.com/16ko120.png
Every rich man wants to live in a good place like Miami, LA or NY.

And I guess I'm sorry if I have no attachments to any teams on the NBA. I'm not even from America. What is the point of supporting a team from a city I've never even been to?

Nash
04-16-2013, 07:08 PM
If there wasn't a salary cap Noah would have been in Miami if they wanted him. It's like soccer, Barca and Real Madrid get every player they want or baseball with the Yankees. Noah isn't in Chicago because he's loyal or some dumb shit like that. Let's be real, he's there because they are a good team, in a good city and they are the team that can offer him the most money.

Goldrush25
04-16-2013, 08:05 PM
If that's so then why are you on the thread? Who gives a shit if someone respect him or not? Right?

Lol at that example - doesn't in any way, shape or form rebutted what I had to say. A lot of players in this league deliver - that's why they made it to the NBA. :facepalm

Your competitive spirit, drive, morals, and ethics are also taken into account. If we were all judged on our ability to deliver then there is little uniqueness factor among all humans - certainly not the case.

This thread can be broken down into two camps:

1. Those who believe Ray Allen's decisions and conduct do not in any way affect their respect/opinion of the person.

2. Those who believe Ray Allen's decision and conduct play a role in their respect for the person.

No need to convince one side or the other for either of the two. It's clear both are grounded in strong opinions. Everyone is entitled to theirs.

I'm just attempting to appeal to perhaps a few intelligent, open-minded invididuals that might be able to recognize merit in someone else's viewpoint. Trying to divert from the usual drivel that can run rampant on these boards.

Killbot
04-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Why do people keep saying 28 other teams? Do people actually prefer a Celtic player to go to a Laker team and vice versa where there rivalry spans basically from the beginning of the NBA? The fck is this?

Plus, it isn't about the money for Ray. He wants to continue to be great and he views greatness as getting to the playoffs and winning a championship while still creating a major impact. Out of all the destinations, Grizzlies, Clippers, Heat (and maybe one other team) SHOWED interest in Allen. I don't remember 28 teams asking for Ray's services.

If he wanted to feel important, why the fck would he join a team that does not want to covet Allen? Sure he can get more playing time in other locations, but he's done that with the Bucks, Sonics, and Celtics. The role? Yeah he can have a bigger role in a shitty team, but he's done that already as well. There's really nothing left for Allen to strive for other than to still make an impact and getting more rings. If you guys said maybe 5 other teams, it wouldn't sound farfetch'd.

No one had a bad word to say about Ray until he left for Miami.
What does that say about the situation?

Perhaps he had very good reasoning that the average ISH poster does not know about.

There are MULTIPLE reasons why he left Celtics, not just one. He even said that in the interview. Lots of people seem to think it's just one reason he went to Miami.

Ancient Legend
04-16-2013, 08:20 PM
This is a business. Ray Allen is free to do whatever he wants. He owes the Celtics nothing. They had already won a ring together, and made another Finals.

They were thinking of trading him to Memphis, aka "we don't want you here". He played out his contract and left for a better team. The Celts weren't winning the chip anyway.

DMV2
04-16-2013, 08:24 PM
There are MULTIPLE reasons why he left Celtics, not just one. He even said that in the interview. Lots of people seem to think it's just one reason he went to Miami.
Rondo. Trade rumors. Being benched for Bradley. The 3 main things I remember people talking about. Not sure how much of it were true or not.

Killbot
04-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Rondo. Trade rumors. Being benched for Bradley. The 3 main things I remember people talking about. Not sure how much of it were true or not.

Only Allen knows, but we can speculate and those three are part of it.

Other possibilities:
-Declining usage with less plays run through Allen. He wanted some plays added (like in the post against a mismatch), but Doc stuck with the same system with Rondo having the ball and Ray being the decoy
-Unknown future direction of the Celtics. This kind of coincides with trade rumors. Are the Celtics going to blow up or are they going to fight it out?
-Heat showed more interest in getting Allen's services than Celtics. Pat Riley persuaded him on how they are going to use Allen and how Allen can make an impact
-Golf course
-Warm
-He felt hospitals in Miami took just as much care for his son as in Boston
-Contract situation. Every Celtics player from free agency seem to have 3 years. He gets 2 with less money.
-It's best for his family. I think his mom has a house in Orlando.

eSOL
04-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Ray took less money to play for a worse team. Pathetic.

1st seed says otherwise.

sixer6ad
04-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Zero respect for joining this crew.

There's only one thing that makes this whole Heat conspiracy "okay". In twenty years, when people are talking about great teams, the Heat will not be mentioned casually. People will always talk Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Bulls, but the Heat - because absolute hatred has existed - will not be mentioned.

Can't wait for Ray Allen, like every other Heat player, to retire.

In before everyone else,

Butt Hurt in Cleveland (think of something new)

pegasus
04-16-2013, 09:33 PM
If there wasn't a salary cap Noah would have been in Miami if they wanted him. It's like soccer, Barca and Real Madrid get every player they want or baseball with the Yankees. Noah isn't in Chicago because he's loyal or some dumb shit like that. Let's be real, he's there because they are a good team, in a good city and they are the team that can offer him the most money.
You don't know your own team's players, heck you don't even know what your team is, so I will excuse you for not being aware of Noah's hatred for the Heat and Lebron in particular. He would shave his head before pissing in Miami's locker room, let alone join them.

buddha
04-16-2013, 09:39 PM
LOL

Fukk Boston, Ray Allen wasn't drafted by the Celtics. Ray was traded to the Celtics, then disrespected. Benched for the great Avery Bradley. Ray owes his allegiance to Seattle, he joined to Heat so he could fukk wit clay bennett.

Bunch of fukkin fans thinking these professional athletes owe a god damn city anything is beyond hilarious. bunch of conditioned nationalistic fukkin knuckleheads. :facepalm

gin17
04-16-2013, 09:45 PM

if that's what you think, then how much bigger of a b*tch lebron is

also, the reason is mostly because of issues with rondo and the team wanting to trade him. if the team is not loyal to him and treating him well, then why should he.

SIRI1
04-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Only Allen knows, but we can speculate and those three are part of it.

Other possibilities:
-Declining usage with less plays run through Allen. He wanted some plays added (like in the post against a mismatch), but Doc stuck with the same system with Rondo having the ball and Ray being the decoy
-Unknown future direction of the Celtics. This kind of coincides with trade rumors. Are the Celtics going to blow up or are they going to fight it out?
-Heat showed more interest in getting Allen's services than Celtics. Pat Riley persuaded him on how they are going to use Allen and how Allen can make an impact
-Golf course
-Warm
-He felt hospitals in Miami took just as much care for his son as in Boston
-Contract situation. Every Celtics player from free agency seem to have 3 years. He gets 2 with less money.
-It's best for his family. I think his mom has a house in Orlando.
The Celtics had also signed Jason Terry while Ray was deciding what to do. Probably didnt help matters in terms of not knowing what his role would be.

ripthekik
04-16-2013, 09:51 PM
:applause:

In fact, none of the Heat are to be respected really. They got the next 2 championships locked up, yet not an ounce of respect gained.

Mr. NBA
04-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Memphis offered him more than Miami. If he really cared about a role, he wouldnt have went to Miami. His decision to join Miami was made up before he was even a free agent.

PJR
04-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Memphis offered him more than Miami.

No they didn't. The Grizzlies were pressed up against the tax threshold, and only had the tax payers mid-level at their disposal, same as Miami.

theesquireof212
04-21-2013, 03:11 PM
I lost most of my respect for him long before joining the Heat. His btchmade comments directed at Kobe when Allen was with Seattle caused me to detest him. And he's a UConn guy, so it takes a lot for me to turn on a former Husky.

DJ Leon Smith
04-21-2013, 04:19 PM
I lost most of my respect for him long before joining the Heat. His btchmade comments directed at Kobe when Allen was with Seattle caused me to detest him. And he's a UConn guy, so it takes a lot for me to turn on a former Husky.

His comments about Kobe then were 100% correct. Please quote them here to show how foolish your statement is.

Killbot
04-21-2013, 04:35 PM

How are the comments bitchmade? It was how he perceived Kobe, and his statements were justified considering A) he played against Kobe and B) it happened to be true.

Scholar
04-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I lost respect for him. The only time ring chasing is acceptable is hen the player hasn't ever won one and is down to his last few seasons of his career.

clayton
04-21-2013, 04:53 PM
He went from a group full of ring chasers to another. He's still as bad as the Celtics group.:applause:

DaSeba5
04-21-2013, 05:19 PM
LOL

Fukk Boston, Ray Allen wasn't drafted by the Celtics. Ray was traded to the Celtics, then disrespected. Benched for the great Avery Bradley. Ray owes his allegiance to Seattle, he joined to Heat so he could fukk wit clay bennett.

Bunch of fukkin fans thinking these professional athletes owe a god damn city anything is beyond hilarious. bunch of conditioned nationalistic fukkin knuckleheads. :facepalm

This

Michael_Wilbon
04-21-2013, 05:37 PM
None. He's in the tail-end of his career and he didn't want to waste it on the sinking ship that is this trashy Celtics team.