PDA

View Full Version : Cavs fire coach Scott!?

chips93
04-18-2013, 11:32 AM
The Cleveland Cavaliers have released Head Coach Byron Scott, the team announced today from Cleveland Clinic Courts. The announcement was made by Cavaliers General Manager Chris Grant.

“I have tremendous respect for Byron professionally and a great deal of admiration for him personally. At the same time, it is critical for where we are as a team to ensure that we capitalize on every opportunity for development and success and we have fallen short of that on the court,” said Grant. “I believe we needed to make this change in order to get to a better position to achieve our goals. I know I speak on behalf of the entire Cavs organization and the Cleveland community, in thanking Byron for his three years here and his hard work and many contributions on and off the court. We wish Bryon and his wife, Anita, the best.”

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13076#ixzz2Qpd3GG6e

RedBlackAttack
04-18-2013, 11:33 AM
http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/cavs-fire-coach-byron-scott-after-three-seasons-1.390706
Damn... Knew there was a good chance it would happen today. I feel for him. He was put in an impossible spot.

Then again, it did seem like he may have lost the team in the second half of the season.

I'm not crazy about the move, but it will depend on his replacement.

chips93
04-18-2013, 11:34 AM
i liked the guy, our offense wasnt bad, and tristan, kyrie and dion all developed pretty nicely under him (not to give him all the credit), but the defense was always a mess, not just disorganised, but tristan and andy were the only guys who seemed to consistently try on that end.

chips93
I'm not crazy about the move, but it will depend on his replacement.

yeah, there arent any obvious candidates out there

phil jackson maybe?

obviously j/k

RedBlackAttack
marc stein just retweeted it, so that brings a bit more legitimacy
Figured if it was going to happen, it would be done before Grant did his end-of-season presser.

chips93
04-18-2013, 11:36 AM
pretty relevant stat from john scumman:

Re: Byron Scott - The Cavs are the only team to rank in the bottom 5 in defensive efficiency each of the last 3 seasons.

RedBlackAttack
04-18-2013, 11:37 AM
yeah, there arent any obvious candidates out there

phil jackson maybe?

obviously j/k
The names I've heard tossed around are Brian Shaw (who was a finalist the last time around), Stan Van Gundy, Mike Malone.... And, yes, Mike Brown (not kidding).

chips93
04-18-2013, 11:41 AM
stan van gundy would be the dream scenario, hes one of the better coaches in the world imo, those magic teams were always good defensively, and while we dont have a dwight howard type anchor to build around, their whole team seemed really organised, and got the very most out of their talent.

he seems pretty forward thinking too, one of the first teams to really dive into the efficiency stats, avoiding mid-range js, and focusing on layups and threes.

im a big fan of stan van gundy.

DukeDelonte13
The names I've heard tossed around are Brian Shaw (who was a finalist the last time around), Stan Van Gundy, Mike Malone.... And, yes, Mike Brown (not kidding).

TBH i like Mike Brown, he gets a bad rap but he's a solid coach, his D was a big part in getting the cavs to the finals in 07.

I like Scott Skiles too. Who knows though.

I'm also not crazy about the move.

chips93
cavs release a statement:

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/releases/byron-scott-released-130418

ooohhh2
inb4 the lakers fire d'antoni and hire Scott. The only logical step after Brown and Pringles
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

TheReturn
04-18-2013, 11:42 AM
I'd like to see SvG back coaching a team.

RedBlackAttack
04-18-2013, 11:45 AM
stan van gundy would be the dream scenario, hes one of the better coaches in the world imo, those magic teams were always good defensively, and while we dont have a dwight howard type anchor to build around, their whole team seemed really organised, and got the very most out of their talent.

he seems pretty forward thinking too, one of the first teams to really dive into the efficiency stats, avoiding mid-range js, and focusing on layups and threes.

im a big fan of stan van gundy.
My biggest thing with SVG are his issues with superstar players in Orlando and Miami, most notably Dwight and Shaq. I believe those were the two guys who sealed his fate at each successive stop.

There's not doubt he has the goods from an X's and O's standpoint. The big question has always been, can he relate to these high profile players.

Now, with all of that said, I'd welcome him in if he's the choice.

comerb
04-18-2013, 11:50 AM
:wtf:
My biggest thing with SVG are his issues with superstar players in Orlando and Miami, most notably Dwight and Shaq. I believe those were the two guys who sealed his fate at each successive stop.

There's not doubt he has the goods from an X's and O's standpoint. The big question has always been, can he relate to these high profile players.

Dwight and Shaq are pretty special, most high profile players aren't nearly that immature.

RedBlackAttack
04-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Dwight and Shaq are pretty special, most high profile players aren't nearly that immature.
This is true. My biggest concern, quite honestly, would probably be Dion. He seems like a pretty particular kind of guy... As in, he either gets on with you or doesn't.

Still I like SVG and I think he'd be a good choice. I have no doubt he'll be contacted. I think he, Shaw and Malone will be the primary initial candidates.

That is really just a guess and based on a few things I've heard around town.

If Grant & Co. really think defense is the main issue, Mike Brown could become part of that main group as well.

chips93
04-18-2013, 12:14 PM

yeah, but dwight and shaq could be nightmares to coach, i dont think kyrie is close to those two, when it comes to outlandish personalities

RedBlackAttack
04-18-2013, 12:19 PM
yeah, but dwight and shaq could be nightmares to coach, i dont think kyrie is close to those two, when it comes to outlandish personalities
Nah, I'm not even worried about Kyrie despite his minor problems in the last handful of games. Dion would be the guy I would be more concerned about and I do think he is going to be a very good player. Not on the Dwight/Shaq level of dominance, likely, but a guy who will have serious weight within the organization.

I don't want to make it seem like Dion has been a headache, because I don't think he has (as far as I know). He had some issues his freshman year in college and that's pretty much been it.

I'm just tossing out random thoughts as I ponder new coaching options.

andremiller07
04-18-2013, 12:23 PM
What ever the Cavs do as long as they don't sign Keith Smart they have saved themselves.

Wouldn't mind Bryon Scott at all tho in Seattle/Sacramento.

RedBlackAttack
04-18-2013, 12:42 PM
What ever the Cavs do as long as they don't sign Keith Smart they have saved themselves.

Wouldn't mind Bryon Scott at all tho in Seattle/Sacramento.
I still think Byron is a good coach and he's definitely a good guy from everything I've heard. Hope nothing but the best for him.

I haven't heard Keith Smart's name mentioned, thankfully. I don't see that happening. :oldlol:

alec613
04-18-2013, 12:49 PM
And Irving is not happy...

He's gonna pull a LeBron eventually, without the "the decision" of course

Burgz V2
04-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Brian Shaw might be the hottest commodity, but I'm not sure he's a great fit seeing as he's a triangle guy. Wouldn't make sense with the personnel the Cavs have.

SVG seems like a good fit. His only downfall in the league has been his inability to manage the biggest egos on his team. Seeing as the Cavs don't really have any bad apples, I guess that would be a significant obstacle already cleared.

Xiao Yao You
04-18-2013, 01:14 PM
McMillan

chips93
04-18-2013, 01:34 PM
And Irving is not happy...

link?

chips93
04-18-2013, 01:35 PM
McMillan

wasnt he the defensive coach for team usa? that would be a big plus

DukeDelonte13
04-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Nah, I'm not even worried about Kyrie despite his minor problems in the last handful of games. Dion would be the guy I would be more concerned about and I do think he is going to be a very good player. Not on the Dwight/Shaq level of dominance, likely, but a guy who will have serious weight within the organization.

I don't want to make it seem like Dion has been a headache, because I don't think he has (as far as I know). He had some issues his freshman year in college and that's pretty much been it.

Not worried about Dion. He's a gym rat that lives with Mom. Instead of clubbing or partying he's at Cle Clinic courts and has been rumored to set up special shoot arounds for himself at the Q. On one of the later Byron Scott radio shows he revealed that Dion opened up post all star break and started letting him, other assistants, and a few other players into his world. He's extremely guarded given the kind of upbringing he's had.

DukeDelonte13
04-18-2013, 01:48 PM
hmm. Just read in the ABJ that Dan Gilbert was the driving force behind the firing citing lack of defensive development. Source came from an anon within the cavs org so take it for what its worth.

KyrieTheFuture
04-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Dion's proposed summer workout doesn't indicate he's a bad apple. I'm 100% sure that Scott got fired for defense reasons. We're allowed to be bad, we're not allowed to ignore defense.

All Net
04-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Not a surprise once again players of his stopped listening to him.

DukeDelonte13
04-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Dion's proposed summer workout doesn't indicate he's a bad apple. I'm 100% sure that Scott got fired for defense reasons. We're allowed to be bad, we're not allowed to ignore defense.

you nailed it. And to be fair, I know Byron wasn't given a full deck with the injuries, youngsters, and tanking, but defense does win championships and his teams were never considered defensive powerhouses.

from Gilbert:

“I fully support the difficult move that was made today. Although we saw progress with young individual player development, we did not see the kind of progress we expected on the team level this past season. We understand it was challenging with the injuries, but when you are at our stage in the building process, you don't only measure team progress in wins and losses."

B-Low
04-18-2013, 02:41 PM
I feel for Byron.

It's not his fault LeBron split a week after he got hired

It's not his fault his 2 best players are made out of glass

It's not his fault the front office has wasted more top-5 picks than Michael Jordan (Waiters and Tristan are good don't get me wrong, but I still don't think they were top 5 worthy. Top 10-15? Yes. But not top 5)

It's not his fault Cleveland's not exactly a market that draws in big free agents

With that said though, the defense thing killed him and understandably so. I don't blame Scott. I'm upset that they fired him. But I do understand WHY they fired him.

DukeDelonte13
04-18-2013, 03:05 PM
I feel for Byron.

It's not his fault LeBron split a week after he got hired

It's not his fault his 2 best players are made out of glass

It's not his fault the front office has wasted more top-5 picks than Michael Jordan (Waiters and Tristan are good don't get me wrong, but I still don't think they were top 5 worthy. Top 10-15? Yes. But not top 5)

It's not his fault Cleveland's not exactly a market that draws in big free agents

With that said though, the defense thing killed him and understandably so. I don't blame Scott. I'm upset that they fired him. But I do understand WHY they fired him.

TT broke a cavs record for ORBS in a season and was the second best Offensive rebounder in the league behind z-bo and a consistent double double guy at 21 years old, plus he has great intangibles. he was drafted on potential. Only bigs from his class you can make a case for are better than him right now is faried.

Dion Waiters is def. a top 5 rookie in last years draft. Don't really know what you smoking/huffing.

Grant turned two "reaches" into two very solid picks and you act like they f*cked their draft up? :hammerhead: :hammerhead: Did you watch this past season?

Xiao Yao You
04-18-2013, 03:18 PM
TT broke a cavs record for ORBS in a season and was the second best Offensive rebounder in the league behind z-bo and a consistent double double guy at 21 years old, plus he has great intangibles. he was drafted on potential. Only bigs from his class you can make a case for are better than him right now is faried.

Kanter

RedBlackAttack
04-18-2013, 03:18 PM
I was initially scratching my head in the moments following both the TT and Waiters picks. Both guys have shown so far that they were worthy of the picks, imo. Of course, two and one years into their careers -- respectively -- you aren't going to know exactly what these guys will amount to, but the point is both guys have shown a lot of promise...

Which is what you're hoping for in a draft pick. Not many guys step into the league and stand out immediately the way Kyrie did.

I'm happy with both guys at this stage. To say the drafts were "blown" is ridiculous, especially this early in the process.

RedBlackAttack
04-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Kanter
Need to see more from him than 15 minutes a game, but it doesn't even matter... He went before Tristan.

You can't say a draft was "blown" because you like a guy who wasn't available.

Xiao Yao You
04-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Need to see more from him than 15 minutes a game, but it doesn't even matter... He went before Tristan.

You can't say a draft was "blown" because you like a guy who wasn't available.

You also can't say "Only bigs from his class you can make a case for are better than him right now is faried." Kanter definitely has a case. A two year rotation player for a playoff contending team in the West that was the best player on the court when he got to start. He was the youngest guy in the draft who is also the least experienced. Great offensive rebounder in his own right.

bisk
04-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Would've given him next season. Anyone remember what game it was that Dan Gilbert sat next to Fred and Austin during a broadcast of a game?
He said that he expected next year to see major improvements record wise, he just cared about the development of the younger guys this year.

Weird. The dude had to coach some awful, awful teams.

Goldrush25
04-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Byron Scott was the least of this team's problems.

Shepseskaf
04-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Cleveland will hire and fire coaches every two years from now until the end of time, unless Lebron comes back.

Johnny Jones
04-18-2013, 04:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gXmczqN.jpg

RedBlackAttack
04-18-2013, 05:20 PM
You also can't say "Only bigs from his class you can make a case for are better than him right now is faried." Kanter definitely has a case. A two year rotation player for a playoff contending team in the West that was the best player on the court when he got to start. He was the youngest guy in the draft who is also the least experienced. Great offensive rebounder in his own right.
They are in completely different situations and it's tough to make a case for one over the other, at least at this stage. Yes, Kanter is a good rotation player on a far superior team and I've liked Kanter from what I have seen, which admittedly isn't much.

Thompson is getting major minutes and developing rapidly on an inferior team.

To follow-up on where Duke was going, Tristan's vast improvement is clearly visible in his numbers and even more obvious when you watch him play.

Varejao was knocked out for the season on Dec. 18 against the Raptors. TT started the remaining 56 games and averaged 13.2 points on 50% shooting, 10.3 rebounds and a block a game over that stretch.

He also played in all 82 games, which is pretty impressive for a guy who just turned 22 and is in his second season.

You can make a case for Kanter, being that he is an entirely different situation and playing well for what has been asked of him. I think it is fair to say both guys have lived up to their respective billings thus far.

I don't really care to "rate" the bigs of the 2011 draft this early in their careers. We'll see where they are five years down the road. Time will tell.

RedBlackAttack
04-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Cleveland will hire and fire coaches every two years from now until the end of time, unless Lebron comes back.
Byron Scott coached three years, FYI

Shepseskaf
04-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Byron Scott coached three years, FYI
Ah well, what's a year, or two? The fact is that with Gilbert's famous impatience and cheapness, there will probably be a continuous coaching carousel in Cleveland -- unless LBJ comes back to stabilize the situation.

RedBlackAttack
04-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Ah well, what's a year, or two? The fact is that with Gilbert's famous impatience and cheapness, there will probably be a continuous coaching carousel in Cleveland -- unless LBJ comes back to stabilize the situation.
Cheapness? :oldlol:

Do explain. You can call Gilbert a lot of things. Cheap isn't one of them.

Shepseskaf
04-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Cheapness? :oldlol:

Do explain. You can call Gilbert a lot of things. Cheap isn't one of them.
When has Gilbert shown the inclination to pay top dollar for a first-class coach?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mike Brown and Byron Scott probably didn't break the bank in contract terms.

Is Gilbert ready to beckon to PJax, just to show people that he's serious?

RedBlackAttack
04-18-2013, 06:01 PM
When has Gilbert shown the inclination to pay top dollar for a first-class coach?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mike Brown and Byron Scott probably didn't break the bank in contract terms.

Is Gilbert ready to beckon to PJax, just to show people that he's serious?
For a coach? I'm not sure what he has spent on a coach, but the Cavs have been consistently at or near the top in the league when it comes to payroll over the last decade.

After James left, he bought Baron Davis' bloated contract for an additional shot in the lottery, which turned out to be Kyrie Irving. The next year, he did the same thing with Luke Walton's ludicrous contract to get more draft picks.

I'm not sure who the next coach will be, but the one thing I'm pretty sure of is that the decision will not be made based on dollars and cents.

RedBlackAttack
04-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Btw, here is a list of coaches and contract amounts...

http://sportsgmtalk.wordpress.com/head-coach-and-manager-contracts/nba-head-coach-contracts-salaries/

Scott's $4.5 million a year is/was on the high end. If I recall correctly, Gilbert threw a massive amount of money at Coach K during the last coach search and Krzyzewski thought about it for a couple weeks before going back to Duke.

chips93
04-18-2013, 06:23 PM

jeez, who are the 9-14 guys you would have taken ahead of tristan from his draft? or the same from dions draft?

both are about living up o their drafted spots

madmax
04-18-2013, 06:30 PM
I very much doubt coaching is the biggest problem of this Cavs team anyway - they just seem miles away even contending for the playoffs spot and their best player seems to be made of a glass too...they are just too young and too raw to make noise at this point I guess.

chips93
04-18-2013, 06:37 PM
I very much doubt coaching is the biggest problem of this Cavs team anyway - they just seem miles away even contending for the playoffs spot and their best player seems to be made of a glass too...they are just too young and too raw to make noise at this point I guess.

just because something isnt the biggest problem, doesnt mean its not a problem at all, and not worth dealing with.

ILLsmak
04-18-2013, 06:39 PM
gonna be crazy if they get Mike Brown back.

It's also interesting that Scott was a good coach but now he's a bad coach. Or is he? Maybe he's the same coach...

-Smak

sixer6ad
04-18-2013, 06:52 PM
just because something isnt the biggest problem, doesnt mean its not a problem at all, and not worth dealing with.

Thank God for some common sense. Take any team at any level - HS, College, Pro: It really does matter who's on your team to win, but what does it take to improve weak side coverage, help and recover, and any other fundamental defensive principles?

If you have a group of people who can't score a lick or are struggling to win, can you - at a minimum - get them to IMPROVE defensively? This isn't about being the best team in the NBA, this is about improvement. Many coaches "overcome" and you wonder how in the hell they're winning. That didn't happen here. It's a little unfair to Byron, but every fan knows what they're watching, and there really is no screaming reason to think this is a mistake.

NattyPButter
04-18-2013, 07:10 PM
thank you

B-Low
04-18-2013, 07:17 PM

Dion Waiters is def. a top 5 rookie in last years draft. Don't really know what you smoking/huffing.

Grant turned two "reaches" into two very solid picks and you act like they f*cked their draft up? :hammerhead: :hammerhead: Did you watch this past season?

Yep just about every game. Tristan Im more impressed with out of the two but Waiters I'm really not impressed with as much as everyone else seems to be. I mean he'll throw out a 20+ point game every now and then but he's too hot/cold for me. He'll have a great game then follow it up with 3-4 non existent games, then get injured, then come back and have some bad games, then another good game, then more bad, then injured etc etc. Like I said he's good but I think we coulda done better

chips93
04-18-2013, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=Tristan Thompson]Most women are interested in me, because I have dimples and I

Shepseskaf
04-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Btw, here is a list of coaches and contract amounts...

http://sportsgmtalk.wordpress.com/head-coach-and-manager-contracts/nba-head-coach-contracts-salaries/

Scott's $4.5 million a year is/was on the high end. If I recall correctly, Gilbert threw a massive amount of money at Coach K during the last coach search and Krzyzewski thought about it for a couple weeks before going back to Duke.
I stand corrected. I wasn't able to dig out a list of current coach salaries.

RedBlackAttack
04-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Yep just about every game. Tristan Im more impressed with out of the two but Waiters I'm really not impressed with as much as everyone else seems to be. I mean he'll throw out a 20+ point game every now and then but he's too hot/cold for me. He'll have a great game then follow it up with 3-4 non existent games, then get injured, then come back and have some bad games, then another good game, then more bad, then injured etc etc. Like I said he's good but I think we coulda done better
Go back and redo the draft and Drummond almost certainly goes No. 2 overall, and would probably get consideration for the top spot. Waiters, to me, lived up to his spot. He'd probably go right around the same place in a redo.

He was definitely hot/cold for the first half of the year, but that seemed to correct itself in second half, especially in the last 25 games he played or so. He went from shooting around 37% in the first 1/3 of the season to around 46% in the last 1/3.

And, I think his ceiling is pretty damn high. The guy is still learning proper mechanics on his jumper and adjusting to the pro game, but is already a relatively lethal scorer. He also has better point guard skills than I realized coming out of college.

Tristan is exactly the kind of young player everyone should want on their team, from everything I've seen and heard. Crazy motor, athletic, great locker room guy and he seems to be improving with every game. That is looking like a very savvy pick.

I just heard an interview on 92.3 with a Joe Kotoch of probasketballdraft.com. He said sources inside the organization tell him the Scott firing was about personal conflicts between Scott and players, which created a rift with him and the front office. He also said the team had started to tune Scott out.

That's why the move was made. It had nothing to do with the team's record or anything else. Take it for what it's worth.

G-train
04-18-2013, 08:27 PM
IMO Scott did fine.
This team is on the up, but is currently just full of garbage bar about 4 players, and their best player played 59 games.
25 wins is about right.

So yeah I'm inclined to think that there must have been some sort of conflict or similar.

G-train
04-18-2013, 08:28 PM
SVG would be a good hire.

coin24
04-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Until they address the roster, it doesnt matter who coaches them.
Im surprised they let Scott go, what was he supposed to do, the team was tanking, ie TRYING TO LOSE. Now hes being blamed for shitty defense, good one.:applause:

Cavs will remain bottom feeders imo. Say bye to Kyrie:oldlol:

sixer6ad
04-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Until they address the roster, it doesnt matter who coaches them.
Im surprised they let Scott go, what was he supposed to do, the team was tanking, ie TRYING TO LOSE. Now hes being blamed for shitty defense, good one.:applause:

Cavs will remain bottom feeders imo. Say bye to Kyrie:oldlol:

Byron was not asked to perform miracles, but do you think that he shouldn't be blamed for shitty defense? You can't win the Kentucky Derby riding a jackass, but you can take any five locals and teach them to IMPROVE defensively. We are the only team in NBA history to blow at least 4 twenty point leads in one season.

I'm totally fine with this.

We need a huge splash -- someone to adopt us and say "enough is enough", let me show this city how this is done.

Phil Jackson - Would he be intrigued by winning titles with Michael in Chicago, Kobe in LA, and LBJ in Cleveland? He needs 5 years at $10 million per. Kyrie stays, LBJ comes back, and other free agents come back. We need to make a huge splash or we lose our 2nd superstar and the franchise is in jeopardy.

This move tells me it's not okay to lose and stand there with your arms crossed. I'm happy. Now...shock the world Gilbert.

coin24
04-18-2013, 09:05 PM
Byron was not asked to perform miracles, but do you think that he shouldn't be blamed for shitty defense? You can't win the Kentucky Derby riding a jackass, but you can take any five locals and teach them to IMPROVE defensively. We are the only team in NBA history to blow at least 4 twenty point leads in one season.

I'm totally fine with this.

We need a huge splash -- someone to adopt us and say "enough is enough", let me show this city how this is done.

Phil Jackson - Would he be intrigued by winning titles with Michael in Chicago, Kobe in LA, and LBJ in Cleveland? He needs 5 years at $10 million per. Kyrie stays, LBJ comes back, and other free agents come back. We need to make a huge splash or we lose our 2nd superstar and the franchise is in jeopardy.

This move tells me it's not okay to lose and stand there with your arms crossed. I'm happy. Now...shock the world Gilbert.

:roll: :roll: LeBron is not coming back:facepalm
I cant believe Cavs fans would even think that it was a possibility.
Stay in Miami and win titles, or go back to shithole Cleveland and carry a scrub team? Not going to happen.

I think they do need to make major roster changes though, and actually try and compete next season. I mean its not asking the world, the fu*king bucks made the playoffs with 38 wins:lol

DukeDelonte13
04-18-2013, 09:11 PM
:roll: :roll: LeBron is not coming back:facepalm
I cant believe Cavs fans would even think that it was a possibility.
Stay in Miami and win titles, or go back to shithole Cleveland and carry a scrub team? Not going to happen.

I think they do need to make major roster changes though, and actually try and compete next season. I mean its not asking the world, the fu*king bucks made the playoffs with 38 wins:lol

insecure much? :oldlol:

RBA i don't know if I buy those personnel issues with Byron and the team. I think it was the complete lack of any sort of defensive identity that did him in. I feel like the ferry administration was so much more open with the media and the grant administration does its best to keep everything hush hush. I trust no cavs beat writers anymore. Nobody has a clue whats going on.

coin24
04-18-2013, 09:28 PM

RBA i don't know if I buy those personnel issues with Byron and the team. I think it was the complete lack of any sort of defensive identity that did him in. I feel like the ferry administration was so much more open with the media and the grant administration does its best to keep everything hush hush. I trust no cavs beat writers anymore. Nobody has a clue whats going on.

Insecure? I want the Cavs to fail again next season so Kyrie comes to the Lakers:lol

I just find it funny how so many Cavs fans are claiming hes coming back to play with Kyrie:roll: Especially after the way the owner blasted him and the city burned his jersey?

DukeDelonte13
04-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Insecure? I want the Cavs to fail again next season so Kyrie comes to the Lakers:lol

I just find it funny how so many Cavs fans are claiming hes coming back to play with Kyrie:roll: Especially after the way the owner blasted him and the city burned his jersey?

yeah your right. The whole city of cleveland burned lebron james' jersey. :rolleyes: :oldlol:

chips93
04-19-2013, 11:10 AM

so many? one person said it

:facepalm

clown

NumberSix
04-19-2013, 11:14 AM
City of losers.

RedBlackAttack
04-19-2013, 06:39 PM

Like I said, that's just what I heard. I will say, I noticed some pretty weird body language between Byron and some of the "veterans" like Mo Speights and Gibson. I don't want to read too much into it, but something seemed a little off toward the end of the year.

Otherwise, I would have completely disregarded Kotoch and his claims. Kotoch isn't a beat writer, btw... He's a national basketball writer, not that this makes it any more or less credible.

I just find it funny how so many Cavs fans are claiming hes coming back to play with Kyrie

Interesting, because I don't see many Cavs fans talking about how James is coming back. And, I'm on record as saying I want nothing to do with James.

So, whatever... Fact is, you want it both ways. You want Cavs fans to want James, because all you think about is James. I'm telling you right now, I want nothing to do with him and that's probably the only thing that could make me turn my back on this franchise.

Do you have anything of value to add to this thread? (rhetorical question... I know the answer is a resounding, "no")

Sarcastic
04-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Kyrie is a coach killer. :lol

It's ok though. All the greatest players have gotten their coach fired at some point.

RedBlackAttack
04-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Kyrie is a coach killer. :lol

It's ok though. All the greatest players have gotten their coach fired at some point.
How do you figure Kyrie "got him fired"?

I've heard a lot of theories from "experts" with inside information. None have fingered Kyrie as the reason Scott was let go.

coin24
04-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Like I said, that's just what I heard. I will say, I noticed some pretty weird body language between Byron and some of the "veterans" like Mo Speights and Gibson. I don't want to read too much into it, but something seemed a little off toward the end of the year.

Otherwise, I would have completely disregarded Kotoch and his claims. Kotoch isn't a beat writer, btw... He's a national basketball writer, not that this makes it any more or less credible.

Interesting, because I don't see many Cavs fans talking about how James is coming back. And, I'm on record as saying I want nothing to do with James.

So, whatever... Fact is, you want it both ways. You want Cavs fans to want James, because all you think about is James. I'm telling you right now, I want nothing to do with him and that's probably the only thing that could make me turn my back on this franchise.

Do you have anything of value to add to this thread? (rhetorical question... I know the answer is a resounding, "no")

You sound like a jealous ex girlfriend.

I couldn't care less if cavs fans love Lebron or not, my point was no chance he returns. There have been quite a few people talking about James returning on here, stop making out its only 1 cavs fan:facepalm