http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If7Hrcf04Dw&feature=youtu.be

not even exaggerating, he's only 6'2

:bowdown:

Glass Ankles
04-18-2013, 08:02 PM
I wish I was his ankle instead. :(

#number6ix#
04-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Damn he's only 14... What the hell is this kid eating hgh flakes... He's a athletic beast but he was carrying a lot... Tons of potential tho

TheReal Kendall
04-18-2013, 08:11 PM
:eek:

The sky is the limit for him. He could turn out to be really great. Geez! 14 years old? Man I could dunk at 14 but nothing like that and I wasn't that skilled either.

Heavincent
04-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Gotta love that HGH.

Haymaker
04-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Beautiful dunks. Good in transition. It's too early though, 14 years. He looks way older.

ILLsmak
04-18-2013, 08:17 PM
Gotta love that HGH.

The wild thing is not his athleticism, but his height. Or both together. 6'2 and jumping like that is amazing. I don't think it is HGH tho, cuz I had amazing athleticism @ 14. I just wasn't 6'2.

Also, what's up with these people's names?

Edit: But on the other hand, I wasn't jacked like he was either haha. So who knows.

-Smak

andgar923
04-18-2013, 08:21 PM
crazy.

Only 14

scary shit.

Replay32
That was pretty damn impressive. I have a hard time believing he's 14, but if he is...:applause:

Leftimage
His name is Seventh Woods?!

Potential g.o.a.t candidate on the merits of his name alone.

Haymaker
04-18-2013, 08:22 PM
He was the seventh son born in the woods?

imdaman99
04-18-2013, 08:37 PM
this some danny almonte type shit right here. he was that 16 yr old kid pitcher pretending to be 14 and dominating 14 yr olds :lol

kid is a beast. hes got 3-4-5 years to reach 7' and have handles like an iverson. must stop the carrying though :eek:

Brokenbeat
04-18-2013, 08:45 PM

I don't even know why I like it, lol.

Phenith
04-18-2013, 08:51 PM
You know, I was expecting some average ho hum video, but damn, there is a LOT of potential there. Kinda got a DWade feeling from his game. He is obviously dominating far less superior talent and I hope he gets to play in a more competitive environment sooner rather than later. If this kid can keep improving his game, he will be a stud by the time he is draft eligible.

MaxFly
Wow... The sky really is the limit for that kid. :applause:

His handles and body control are great as well. He could tighten up dribble, but this kid has the potential to be very special.

G-Funk
Im jelly!

toooo
04-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Wow, great skills. This kid will get far!

tgan3
04-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Its not surprising though, I could jump higher when I was 13 then now when im 23.

When ure that age, ur legs are fresh and you have more energy to run about. At 23 (Even though im still young, metabolism has slowed down (Gains fat easily) and injuries through the years robbed me of my vert).

robert de niro
04-18-2013, 10:14 PM
he's a beast and goat name already :applause:

LLK21
04-18-2013, 10:19 PM
:eek:

inclinerator
04-18-2013, 10:30 PM
that nigg@ at least 30

jzek
04-18-2013, 10:31 PM
One injury and his game will change forever.

UnbiasedGuy
04-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Its not surprising though, I could jump higher when I was 13 then now when im 23.

When ure that age, ur legs are fresh and you have more energy to run about. At 23 (Even though im still young, metabolism has slowed down (Gains fat easily) and injuries through the years robbed me of my vert).

probably because you stopped being athletic

when I was in gr 9, I could only touch the rim. Then I started working out, playing a lot more volleyball/basketball, now I can dunk a volleyball and really close to dunking a basketball. Squats, powercleans >> father time (not even father time, more like big brother time)

IGotACoolStory
04-18-2013, 10:41 PM
There's another freshman named Malik Monk who is the better prospect, imo. Similar measurements. Monk is maybe an inch taller and probably longer. Not quite as explosive, but a rounder basketball game and still a great athlete. By his frame you can tell he has a lot more growing to do.

VJ King is supposed to be the next great thing out of Ohio. Same school as LeBron.

And of course there's Harry Giles. That guy... It's like looking at a young Kevin Garnett. One of the top prospects in all of basketball right now. Unbelievably fluid athlete for his age and size. Crazy part is that his game is relied on skill, not athleticism right now. He's still growing into his body (6-9) so it's coming...

Obviously difficult to project so early, but it looks like a great class at the top.

Scholar
04-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Came in hoping for underaged boobs..

Left jizzing my pants.

icewill36
04-18-2013, 11:19 PM
just imagine how athletic he will be once his body actually develops and he gets to work with professional trainers

TheTenth
04-19-2013, 06:50 AM
Wow impressive! Hopefully he changes his number though; at least in my opinion it's much more interesting to see someone put forth a new identity, style, etc. instead of just copying Jordan. Maybe I am just being grumpy though...

b1imtf
04-19-2013, 08:55 AM
I wish I was his ankle instead. :(
LOL

LBJ 23
04-19-2013, 08:59 AM
One injury and his game will change forever.

Such an informative post. Thank you.

Fk*** no brain post....

OhNoTimNoSho
04-19-2013, 10:15 AM

http://images.wikia.com/creepypasta/images/0/07/This_post_gave_me_cancer.jpg

miller-time
04-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Seventh Woods?

Is this his Dad?

http://charlespaolino.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/jalexander_375x375.jpg

tomtucker
04-19-2013, 12:42 PM
that nigg@ at least 30

yeah....show us that birth certificate............this negro might be pulling a Oden

Chrono90
04-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Haven't seen him make a jump shot

pegasus
04-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Damn, his cross-carry-over is sick! Great potential tho. His name must mean that his parents left the first six sons in the woods. I say we split up and start the search.

Shaco
04-19-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm shocked... If he is truly 14 years old, and continues to grow and develop his athleticism & skills, then he could easily be the second coming of Lebron.

From a more objective perspective though, it's hard to accurately judge him. As of right now he is a man among children. I saw a few nice passes, a few nice lay-ups, lots of blocks/ dunks. I'm curious to see how he will perform when the field is a little more leveled in regards to athleticism.

macmac
04-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Reminds me of Jamal Crawford but with some killer hops

INDI
04-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Didn't know this kid lives in my area. One of my coworkers knows him and plays ball with him (my coworker just turned 19). Ima go check him out to see what his game looks like outside of the highlights.

Cali Syndicate
04-21-2013, 12:43 AM
With all those nice highlights, the thing I remember most is at :31 seconds in, both teams are wearing white uniforms. It's like I developed OCD or something....dammit, this is sacjbshady's doing.

Nah, j/k. This kid is siiiick and OCD is nothing to kid about. Sacjbshady is still a tard though.

unbreakable
04-21-2013, 03:41 AM
14 yrs old i weighed 105 lbs and couldnt touch the net

deja vu
04-21-2013, 04:38 AM
Great talent but we'll never know if he'll pan out to be a good NBA player. He looked like Wilt playing against unathletic white guys. :lol

Shade8780
04-21-2013, 05:00 AM
This guys 170 lbs :eek: He has a lot of potential if he keeps working on his game.

dbk123
04-21-2013, 05:39 AM
he follows me on instagram:banana:

no pedo

InspiredLebowski
04-21-2013, 05:56 AM
Here's to hoping he's not another kid far above his peers physically that gets a ton of hype early and then never works on his game.

maybeshewill13
04-21-2013, 06:03 AM
Seventh Woods?

Is this his Dad?

http://charlespaolino.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/jalexander_375x375.jpg
:roll: :roll: :roll: was watching this episode the other day.

jdiaby
04-21-2013, 09:05 AM
There's another freshman named Malik Monk who is the better prospect, imo. Similar measurements. Monk is maybe an inch taller and probably longer. Not quite as explosive, but a rounder basketball game and still a great athlete. By his frame you can tell he has a lot more growing to do.

VJ King is supposed to be the next great thing out of Ohio. Same school as LeBron.

And of course there's Harry Giles. That guy... It's like looking at a young Kevin Garnett. One of the top prospects in all of basketball right now. Unbelievably fluid athlete for his age and size. Crazy part is that his game is relied on skill, not athleticism right now. He's still growing into his body (6-9) so it's coming...

Obviously difficult to project so early, but it looks like a great class at the top.

This kid is sick, but Malik Monk is the best freshman prospect I've seen, straight up sick :biggums:
http://youtu.be/mM-ixaiex-Y

Sumter15
04-21-2013, 11:53 AM
I'm not surprised. His father is one of the greatest athletes of all time.

macpierce
04-21-2013, 02:50 PM
if he grows another 4-5 inches watch out.

CeltsGarlic
04-21-2013, 02:50 PM
14 year old with torn acl at 16 and dwights back at 19

JimmyMcAdocious
12-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Dunk from tonight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgwfdSN6olM&feature=youtu.be

Sounds like at the USA camp a few months ago that he's taken great strides as a PG and his jumper was going down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx8Ck6I08BY

CelticBaller
12-20-2013, 10:26 PM
If he works on his game he can be an all star imo

STATUTORY
12-20-2013, 10:33 PM
people are gonna try and tell us that athletes arent getting better an better at all aspects of the age and developing at faster rate?

were there any 14 year olds doing this at Wilt's time? hell were there any pro players capable of doing that at Wilts period?

DropStep
12-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Crazy Athlete. Dude hasnt even reached his peak yet. You can see why colleges start recruiting and scouting these dudes since they are like 12.

CavaliersFTW
12-20-2013, 10:42 PM
people are gonna try and tell us that athletes arent getting better an better at all aspects of the age and developing at faster rate?

were there any 14 year olds doing this at Wilt's time? hell were there any pro players capable of doing that at Wilts period?
Singular examples of athletes represent eras? Fair enough, in that case since nobody today is capable of doing anything close to what Wilt did (I'm talking physically/athleticaly not even talking stats), nor what Bob Beamon did, nor is there a heavyweight level boxer anywhere close to Muhammad Ali's level I guess athletes of that time could also be argued as superior using examples like those over the next-closest-ones in his period?

Don't be mad cause this is based on your own logic of using singular examples of talent as if they demonstrate one eras' superiority in athletics over another.

Every era has outliers. BTW, Wilt's era did have young athletic prodigies like that. Guys like Pistol in the pure skill department, or phenom young athletes like Dr. J, Randy Smith, Connie Hawkins, Earl Manigault. There would be insane 'hoopmixtype' hype over them growing up too. But out of sight out of mind for you I guess, you probably didn't even think of those guys.

Mirko Cro Cop
12-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Damn the kid's only 14? He looks like he's 21...if he gets his sleep right for the next 6-7 years, he's gonna be like 6'10

alenleomessi
12-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Damn the kid's only 14? He looks like he's 21...if he gets his sleep right for the next 6-7 years, he's gonna be like 6'10
6'10 yeah right.. not gonna happen
he should be lucky if he gets to 6'4

Marchesk
12-20-2013, 11:04 PM
He does look great, but damn that palming on the crossovers. How is that not being called?

Go Getter
12-20-2013, 11:12 PM
The wild thing is not his athleticism, but his height. Or both together. 6'2 and jumping like that is amazing. I don't think it is HGH tho, cuz I had amazing athleticism @ 14. I just wasn't 6'2.

Also, what's up with these people's names?

Edit: But on the other hand, I wasn't jacked like he was either haha. So who knows.

-Smak
:roll: :roll: :roll:

CavaliersFTW
12-20-2013, 11:18 PM
He does look great, but damn that palming on the crossovers. How is that not being called?
Cause the 'hoopmixtape' crew is in the building with expensive cameras rolling - I'd bet money the refs are conscious of this and 'let' the prospects play and show off a bit in such situations. As do coaches, etc.

I<3NBA
12-20-2013, 11:57 PM
i'm not gonna lie. came in here expecting underage girls with jiggly boobs.

moe94
12-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Looks like Westbrook right now. Imagine when he's Westbrook's age...

CavaliersFTW
12-21-2013, 01:25 AM
Looks like Westbrook right now. Imagine when he's Westbrook's age...
Will be extremely injury prone, bookmark it - kid has that wreckless kind of athleticism that Derrick Rose has.

secund2nun
12-21-2013, 01:33 AM
Singular examples of athletes represent eras? Fair enough, in that case since nobody today is capable of doing anything close to what Wilt did (I'm talking physically/athleticaly not even talking stats), nor what Bob Beamon did, nor is there a heavyweight level boxer anywhere close to Muhammad Ali's level I guess athletes of that time could also be argued as superior using examples like those over the next-closest-ones in his period?

Don't be mad cause this is based on your own logic of using singular examples of talent as if they demonstrate one eras' superiority in athletics over another.

Every era has outliers. BTW, Wilt's era did have young athletic prodigies like that. Guys like Pistol in the pure skill department, or phenom young athletes like Dr. J, Randy Smith, Connie Hawkins, Earl Manigault. There would be insane 'hoopmixtype' hype over them growing up too. But out of sight out of mind for you I guess, you probably didn't even think of those guys.

Today's talent pool is much bigger, which is why it's much better than back during Wilt's time...and that is also why the players are more athletic. It's really that simple. This is also why Olympic records keep getting broken...bigger talent pool.

If we were to take the best HS bball players in New York compare them to the best HS bball players in rest America combined who has more talent? The rest of America of course...bigger talent pool.

CavaliersFTW
12-21-2013, 01:43 AM
Today's talent pool is much bigger, which is why it's much better than back during Wilt's time...and that is also why the players are more athletic. It's really that simple. This is also why Olympic records keep getting broken...bigger talent pool.

If we were to take the best HS bball players in New York compare them to the best HS bball players in rest America combined who has more talent? The rest of America of course...bigger talent pool.
what is much better? the players? the game? are the top 5 guys today better than the top 5 guys then? What about the top 10? :confusedshrug: pretty subjective sh*t man, at the end of the day I find that basketball from that era was just as entertaining then than it is now if not more so because they played a slightly different brand of ball that is less about style and more about substance :cheers:

bdreason
12-21-2013, 04:43 AM
I could dunk when I was 14.

Barely.

LBJFTW
12-21-2013, 05:00 AM
what is much better? the players? the game? are the top 5 guys today better than the top 5 guys then? What about the top 10? :confusedshrug: pretty subjective sh*t man, at the end of the day I find that basketball from that era was just as entertaining then than it is now if not more so because they played a slightly different brand of ball that is less about style and more about substance :cheers:

By substance do you mean a guy scoring 100 when today he wouldn't score over 61? Sorry, but if Shaq who is a much bigger, stronger version of wilt couldn't drop 100, wilt sure wouldn't be able to in today's game.

Marchesk
12-21-2013, 05:18 AM

I agree to an extent on the bigger talent pool. But notice that it doesn't seem to translate to big men for some reason. Maybe in the 80s/90s. But not since.

As for Olympic records, keep in mind that some of that is better equipment and surfaces. You had Jim Ryun run 3:55 in high school on a cinder track. I can imagine the running shoes have a improved a bit since then along with the tracks. When Usain Bolt set his WR, that was on a very fast track.

Also, the science behind the training and nutrition and approach to the sport improves over time. So Ryun, for example, might have been running insane mileage in high school and college to accomplish what he did. But world class middle distance runners later on might have become more precise with their efforts, requiring less mileage but perhaps more intense and focused workouts (the goal is to run very fast over a mile or 800, not to run a marathon).

And you see how stats are being applied to basketball today. Now you can know all the tendencies of a player and use that to develop a strategy for defense. Or you can focus on having more efficient shot selection.

So you have to factor in that guys in Wilt's day simply didn't have all the advantages that you do know, with film on every game, advanced stats, decades more of history to see what worked well for others, and so on.

And the rules differed of course. As has been mentioned, you couldn't get away with the kind of dribbling you see now. Helps with the handles.

So I'm not sure that the best from the today are any more talented than the best from the 60s. I tend to doubt it. Lebron and Kobe are not inherently better than Oscar or Wilt. They just have more advantages. Put them in the same time period, and it equalizes out. Now the overall talent of the league I would agree is better today, given the larger pool to pick from.

Marchesk
12-21-2013, 05:22 AM
By substance do you mean a guy scoring 100 when today he wouldn't score over 61? Sorry, but if Shaq who is a much bigger, stronger version of wilt couldn't drop 100, wilt sure wouldn't be able to in today's game.

So that means Kobe is a bigger, stronger version of Shaq? It comes down to whether a player could ever get enough shots on a night when they're shooting that well to approach 100. Also, Wilt had superior stamina to Shaq, and if you're going to score that much, you need to not tire out.

kobeef24
12-21-2013, 05:30 AM
Wtf this kids 14? Looks so much older. :biggums:

INDI
12-21-2013, 11:48 AM

He lives in my area and his older brother goes to my church. I haven't seen him play live though but I might go to his next game

VIntageNOvel
12-21-2013, 11:59 AM

he looks like a man amongst boy,
just like shabazz whom literally was

Psileas
12-21-2013, 12:10 PM
So that means Kobe is a bigger, stronger version of Shaq? It comes down to whether a player could ever get enough shots on a night when they're shooting that well to approach 100. Also, Wilt had superior stamina to Shaq, and if you're going to score that much, you need to not tire out.

Or maybe he means that Robinson, with a career high of 71, was a bigger, stronger version of Shaq...

tomtucker
12-21-2013, 12:22 PM
jameerthefear : " 14 yr old with more bounce ? you had me at 14 years old "

STATUTORY
12-21-2013, 01:46 PM

I'm not keen on generalizing the debate to something larger than the statement I believe in, which is that guard play in term of athletics and skillset in the NBA is much better now than it was in the 60s

Draz
12-21-2013, 02:06 PM
WOWWWW. That was great.

Knicksfever2010
12-21-2013, 02:10 PM
just our luck, that when he comes out after 1 year of college, thats the pick they knicks traded away. SMH

secund2nun
12-22-2013, 01:08 PM

What I mean is that the players as a whole are much better.

There is nothing subjective of talent pool. It's proven and simple. The Olympics is a picture perfect representation of it because you compete against every Olympic athlete in history in many of the sports like track. Times are times.

Now entertainment is different. That's all opinion.

secund2nun
12-22-2013, 01:18 PM
I agree to an extent on the bigger talent pool. But notice that it doesn't seem to translate to big men for some reason. Maybe in the 80s/90s. But not since.

As for Olympic records, keep in mind that some of that is better equipment and surfaces. You had Jim Ryun run 3:55 in high school on a cinder track. I can imagine the running shoes have a improved a bit since then along with the tracks. When Usain Bolt set his WR, that was on a very fast track.

Also, the science behind the training and nutrition and approach to the sport improves over time. So Ryun, for example, might have been running insane mileage in high school and college to accomplish what he did. But world class middle distance runners later on might have become more precise with their efforts, requiring less mileage but perhaps more intense and focused workouts (the goal is to run very fast over a mile or 800, not to run a marathon).

And you see how stats are being applied to basketball today. Now you can know all the tendencies of a player and use that to develop a strategy for defense. Or you can focus on having more efficient shot selection.

So you have to factor in that guys in Wilt's day simply didn't have all the advantages that you do know, with film on every game, advanced stats, decades more of history to see what worked well for others, and so on.

And the rules differed of course. As has been mentioned, you couldn't get away with the kind of dribbling you see now. Helps with the handles.

So I'm not sure that the best from the today are any more talented than the best from the 60s. I tend to doubt it. Lebron and Kobe are not inherently better than Oscar or Wilt. They just have more advantages. Put them in the same time period, and it equalizes out. Now the overall talent of the league I would agree is better today, given the larger pool to pick from.

Yeah the lack of big men is strange, My theory is that the game has been corrupted for whatever reason against true bigs because perimeter players are marketed for their "wow factor", so the bigs today grow up today ignoring the art of back to basket post play though there seems to be a recent resurgence of true big men.

The certain advantages of today do help, but I feel the lack of talent from back then is a far greater advantage than that. Jim Ryun's times would have improved today, but he still would had the record time today.

IGOTGAME
12-22-2013, 01:22 PM
What I mean is that the players as a whole are much better.

There is nothing subjective of talent pool. It's proven and simple. The Olympics is a picture perfect representation of it because you compete against every Olympic athlete in history in many of the sports like track. Times are times.

Now entertainment is different. That's all opinion.

Something like track is very different than something like boxing or basketball.

Le Shaqtus
12-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Something like track is very different than something like boxing or basketball.

Times aren't getting better in track, yes for some events like the 100-200 and 800 where the WR's were broken by Bolt and Rudisha respectively. The 1500 meter record by Hicham El Guerrouj and the 5k and 10k records by Kenenisa Bekele were set a while ago and no one is breaking those.

The progression of athletes between Track an Basketball are completely different, completely different sports.

MavsSuperFan
12-22-2013, 08:10 PM
:applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Pointguard
12-22-2013, 08:47 PM

The other thing that gets me is that he moves like he's very accustomed to his body too (usually when growing they are adjusting to their temporary size). He moves like a 23 year old. This is really weird. When I coach that age group there isn't that big of difference in talent and skill levels.

He's going to grow at least 5 more inches but this isn't guaranteeing another Magic as he might become bulky and more like a forward, as he is already a pretty wide kid right now.