PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose is being Selfish

shady6121
04-20-2013, 09:34 PM
He's being selfish not because he's sitting out, but because he still hasn't let the Bulls know for sure on whether or not he's going to return in the playoffs, pretty much giving them a false sense of hope. Ultimate b*tch made move imo.

selrahc
04-20-2013, 09:36 PM
its ok... its not any worse than what lebron did to the entire city of cleveland

dbk123
hes gonna come back for game 4 after bulls are down 3-0 and win 4 straight.

lol

Psycho
I respect your opinion, but Derrick has to do right by himself too :)

shady6121
its ok... its not any worse than what lebron did to the entire city of cleveland

The whole "Decision" fiasco was the ultimate b*tch made move, but this is pretty bad also.

DMV2
04-20-2013, 09:39 PM
but because he still hasn't let the Bulls know for sure on whether or not he's going to return in the playoffs.
Didnt Coach Thibs recently say Rose won't be available?

shady6121
04-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Didnt Coach Thibs recently say Rose won't be available?

He said "most likely" won't return, but also said that there was a still chance that he might.

SyRyanYang
04-20-2013, 09:44 PM
As much as I hate him, this is a false accusation.
I think it's Bulls organization being selfish here not telling their fans about this.

DMV2
04-20-2013, 09:47 PM
He said "most likely" won't return, but also said that there was a still chance that he might.
There could be more to it then what was given out to the public. Outside of ISH, I haven't heard to much about it to be honest.

Electric Slide
04-20-2013, 09:50 PM
He is selfish becuase he constantly practices with the team and doesn't actually play a game with them.

It disrupts chemistry but knowing Rose he probably doesnt even know what chemistry means cause hes retarded

unbreakable
04-20-2013, 09:54 PM

Thibs said the moment Rose is ready he'd be inserted into the lineup... so Thibs is basically saying "Yea Rose dont wanna come back, but if he wants to come back we'll play him right away" aka Rose being a bitch

Goldrush25
04-20-2013, 09:58 PM
It's his career, not yours. He's the one with millions of dollars at stake here. Why should he give a damn what you think OP?

If he goes out there, snaps his ACL again and ends his career, are you going to subsidize his lost income? No? Didn't think so.

But yeah, he'd have your "respect" then. Which is worth absolutely $0.00.

Derivative
04-20-2013, 10:01 PM
It's his career, not yours. He's the one with millions of dollars at stake here. Why should he give a damn what you think OP?

If he goes out there, snaps his ACL again and ends his career, are you going to subsidize his lost income? No? Didn't think so.

doctor already cleared him and said he won't have higher chance of tearing his ACL than any other player

if hes really afraid of snapping his ACL again then he should retire

KDthunderup
04-20-2013, 10:02 PM

There is nothing at stake, when the doctors clear you from an acl injury that means there is no greater risk of re tearing your acl.

KDthunderup
04-20-2013, 10:02 PM
doctor already cleared him and said he won't have higher chance of tearing his ACL than any other player

This

Goldrush25
04-20-2013, 10:06 PM

I'm aware that the doctors have cleared him to play. And I know a bit about ACL injuries. The new ACL is actually STRONGER than the first ligament. But try telling that to someone that snapped the first one. He obviously he doesn't have the confidence to plant his leg yet like he needs to.

If he's not mentally ready he'll overcompensate and put himself at increased risk for injuring the other knee.

People have been spoiled by what Adrian Peterson did. What he did was freakish. ACL injuries have traditionally taken 10-12 months to completely recover. The physical recovery is just part of it. All athletes are mentally apprehensive after that kind of injury.

Then when he finally feels confident, he has to get into NBA game shape, whereas everyone else is already into playoff shape. Just wasn't going to happen this year.

Derivative
04-20-2013, 10:10 PM
I'm aware that the doctors have cleared him to play. And I know a bit about ACL injuries. The new ACL is actually STRONGER than the first ligament. But try telling that to someone that snapped the first one. He obviously he doesn't have the confidence to plant his leg yet like he needs to.

If he's not mentally ready he'll overcompensate and put himself at increased risk for injuring the other knee.

People have been spoiled by what Adrian Peterson did. What he did was freakish. ACL injuries have traditionally taken 10-12 months to completely recover. The physical recovery is just part of it. All athletes are mentally apprehensive after that kind of injury.

Then when he finally feels confident, he has to get into NBA game shape, whereas everyone else is already into playoff shape. Just wasn't going to happen this year.

Everyone's telling him he's alright, science is saying he can play. But he doesn't trust that, he's stuck with his own faulty mentality. And he's not trying to change that faulty mentality, and it's causing his team and his fans to suffer.

He is being selfish. /thread

BBallZen83
04-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Dude, you are pathalogical. If some one tells you they like hamburgers do you respond with "yeah, well lebron sucks!".

selrahc
04-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Dude, you are pathalogical. If some one tells you they like hamburgers do you respond with "yeah, well lebron sucks!".

no, what do hamburgers have to do with lebron?

Heavincent
04-20-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm not trying to hate on Rose, but he was medically cleared more than a month ago and he practices fully with the team. Technically, he's not really injured anymore :confusedshrug:

b1imtf
04-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Both brown

SacJB Shady
He's being selfish not because he's sitting out, but because he still hasn't let the Bulls know for sure on whether or not he's going to return in the playoffs, pretty much giving them a false sense of hope. Ultimate b*tch made move imo.

If I'm recalling correctly, didn't Rose say that God told him it would be better if he played next year instead?

AussieG
He's not doing himself any favours here..

He has his sackriders to protect him but it's a pretty bitch move. If they were a #1 seed, he'd be out there. He should have played 5-10 mins per game in the last month or so and eased himself back into it.

Returning in the playoffs after such a long break is stupid. And shouldn't even be a possibility. It shouldn't even be spoken about.

If Kobe beats him back on the court.. he deserves eternal shame.

nathanjizzle
04-20-2013, 10:49 PM
boo hoo, deal with it.

BBallZen83
04-20-2013, 10:52 PM
My point exactly. Why do you try to tie in so many different topics to your hatred of lebron? This is a discussion about rose not coming back from injury.

guy
04-20-2013, 10:56 PM
I don't like that he's not playing and think he should. I wouldn't call it selfish, but would understand if someone does. But the fact he hasn't ruled himself out for the whole season? That's not selfish. That's not his job either. I would never expect a player to do that. That's up to the organization.

BBallZen83
04-20-2013, 10:57 PM
As far as rose goes, he is his own man, but he has been clear to go for months. I mean Noah is trying to hobble along and play for his team with a torn foot! Its playoffs, do or die, and it goes without saying that the bulls sorely need rose for offensive production.

DMAVS41
04-20-2013, 11:06 PM
Rose is bitch made

Not even injured anymore. He's 100% and not playing in the playoffs...makes 16.4 million from the Bulls a year and he's not playing even though he's 100%.

If it wasn't the media darling Rose...any other player would be getting crucified. LOL

guy
04-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Rose is bitch made

Not even injured anymore. He's 100% and not playing in the playoffs...makes 16.4 million from the Bulls a year and he's not playing even though he's 100%.

If it wasn't the media darling Rose...any other player would be getting crucified. LOL

Umm he's getting a good amount of criticism. He's just not getting what Lebron, Kobe, Melo, Howard, Wade, or Durant would get cause he's not as big of a name nor does he have that big of a personality.

nathanjizzle
04-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Rose is bitch made

how do you know hes 100 percent?

BBallZen83
04-20-2013, 11:16 PM
Rose is bitch made

I agree, other stars would receive more scrutiny. A guy who is unquestionably your sole star player. Has been out for a long time, is cleared to play for months, and just doesn't want to cause he's not mentally ready!?

selrahc
04-20-2013, 11:17 PM
My point exactly. Why do you try to tie in so many different topics to your hatred of lebron? This is a discussion about rose not coming back from injury.

well what lebron did is the only thing i can think of that is worse than what rose is doing. i was just making a comparison.

Heavincent
04-20-2013, 11:25 PM
I don't get it...does Rose think he's just gonna come back and drop 40 in his first game back? Coming back and being rusty is just part of the rehab process. If he came back in March and got a few games under his belt, then gave it his best shot in the playoffs, it would have done him a lot of good. Even if he's not the same Rose, he would at least be shaking the rust off and regaining his old form. Instead, he's gonna end up sitting out about a year and a half and it will probably take him half of next season, if not all of next season to get back to what he was.

TryToBeUnbias
04-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Off topic:Rose might comeback similar to how cp3 did after his knee injury(Physically). Hence wont be the same until next season. Proceed.

maybeshewill13
04-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Rose is a straight up bitch. Got nothing on the human machine GOATbrook :bowdown:

DuMa
04-20-2013, 11:32 PM
for some reason i was expecting Rose to play tonight. Just to surprise people and it relates to his calm and nonexpressive nature.

I was disappointed he didnt show. Its extremely depressing hes not in these playoffs again

Kingwillball
04-20-2013, 11:36 PM
I doubt MJ would B!tch out like DRose has.. He would of been back 2 months ago at least.

Mr. Incredible
04-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Lol at the posters ITT who are crying about the Decision. Mad because LeBron is dominating the league.

DMAVS41
04-20-2013, 11:38 PM
how do you know hes 100 percent?

What do you mean? If he was still injured...he and the Bulls would just say so. Like if he suffered a setback or something. I'm assuming that the lack of reports saying as such means he's still cleared to play.

If he's injured...then he shouldn't come back too early. If he's not (which is what the doctors have said)...then he should come back.

It's his job to play basketball. He's not playing basketball yet he's still getting paid. Makes no sense to me at all. You can't just decide not to come into work because you don't feel like it in the real world without a legitimate problem.

At this point, Rose is just not playing for invalid reasons. And those reasons honestly might be because he doesn't like his team....which would be even more a joke.

brandonislegend
04-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Who's Derrick Rose?

PickernRoller
04-21-2013, 12:00 AM

That contract's too valuable. The Bulls would rather blow a season just to be 200% sure.

jbryan1984
04-21-2013, 12:10 AM
I agree. Rose needs to be out there with his team. He should of slowly eased his way in. Obviously, Bulls have no chance of winning it all without him. So its like, he is basically saying "yeah, we aint winning anything this year". I think 9 out of every 10 players in his situation would be out there and it surprises me that he isn't cause he has always been very humble. I would expect this out of Dwight Howard but not Rose.

Pointguard
04-21-2013, 12:17 AM
There is nothing at stake, when the doctors clear you from an acl injury that means there is no greater risk of re tearing your acl.
Who cleared Derrick Rose three times in the same year when he was getting progressively worse. Doctor Suess???

MetsPackers
04-21-2013, 12:28 AM

What does Derrick Rose coming back have to do with Lebron?

Lebron owns your soul. He keeps in inside a dildo he gave to Bosh.

DirkNowitzki41
04-21-2013, 12:30 AM
what a bitch. Just watching on the bench as his team gets destroyed.

Y2Gezee
04-21-2013, 12:31 AM
I would feel bad if he came back and wasn't able to stay healthy. But, I can't believe he didn't come back.

He can play full 5 on 5 in practice and be the best player on the floor when there are 3 all stars playing with you? You get on the freakin court and give what you can.

alwaysunny
04-21-2013, 12:37 AM
This guy is shook and mentally weak. It was apparent when he admitted he had a needle phobia back in Memphis. The picture of Kevin Ware injury probably still haunts him to this day.

Pointguard
04-21-2013, 12:49 AM
What do you mean? If he was still injured...he and the Bulls would just say so. Like if he suffered a setback or something. I'm assuming that the lack of reports saying as such means he's still cleared to play.

If he's injured...then he shouldn't come back too early. If he's not (which is what the doctors have said)...then he should come back.

It's his job to play basketball. He's not playing basketball yet he's still getting paid. Makes no sense to me at all. You can't just decide not to come into work because you don't feel like it in the real world without a legitimate problem.

At this point, Rose is just not playing for invalid reasons. And those reasons honestly might be because he doesn't like his team....which would be even more a joke.

You have never had an injury to your lower body. Doctors can't clear anything for you when you are a high performer. Why do you think Rose rarely ever dunked in '12? But he trusted the doctors who CLEARED HIM. Misses 18 games due to leg injuries but was CLEARED. Cleared to get progressively worse, not once, not twice but three times. Now he can come back and play at probably 60 or 70% of himself and be at risk. If you are a cornerstone, and a high performer or a high achiever, you never risk your prime and career for giving 70%. Its just DUMB.

Use your head for a moment and think. Let's say Rose comes back at 60% and these great guys of clearances that you are so willing to trust are wrong. So you got Rose at super subpar levels for maybe 10 games at most more than likely 6 games with Noah out. So you would risk 4 years of a franchise player approaching his prime to play reduced in a year with little next to no value. If Rose does get hurt in the lower body, it's a chance the team doctors along with the team are subject to a law suite as well. Rose could be worth about 140 million to the team over the next four years if he's healthy.

RISK vs Reward.

I'm just asking you to think. I not asking you to be a scientist.

midatlantic09
04-21-2013, 01:23 AM

Bull execs know exactly what he will be doing, trust me. Just because nothing has been made public doesnt mean the GM, coach, and other execs don't already know what's going on.

Noob Saibot
04-21-2013, 01:44 AM
I think Rose not coming back now is a fear of getting hurt again, not just the acl, but another injury, another setback. Sooner or later he's gonna have to take a risk and play hard next season. Oh yea, the Bulls are looking pretty sloppy too as a unit, so why waste the effort.

The_Yearning
04-21-2013, 01:50 AM
Derrick Rose doesn't have the same street hunger that Kobe does.

But Westbrook does (the true inheritor of the BACK MAMBA)

Sarcastic
04-21-2013, 02:02 AM
Derrick Rose just walked into the club here LMAO.

Fck it he ain't playing anyway.

Chrono90
04-21-2013, 02:17 AM

My man. It's a business. They get less ticket sells saying rose is out