PDA

View Full Version : "Wade took a backseat to Lebron" - As if he had a choice

Andrew Wiggins
04-21-2013, 08:12 PM
anyone find it amusing that commentators and analysts regularly praise Wade for taking a backseat to Lebron?

it's not like he had a choice. if he valued winning and getting rings, it was in his best interest to let Lebron take over. Lebron is clearly a better player and if Wade was unwilling to relinquish the main role on the team, his ass would have been shipped out of miami. :roll:

kNicKz
04-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Forgive April 2013 Lord, for they have sinned

NBAller
04-21-2013, 08:15 PM
What they mean is he isn't trying to outplay his better team-mate. He isn't out there trying to prove to everyone that he's better than LeBron is. Worthy of praise.

That would be called cancer.

L8kersfan222
04-21-2013, 08:15 PM
April 2013

selrahc
04-21-2013, 08:16 PM
wade did it out of kindness and respect. if wade wanted to he could have been number one and then maybe they wouldnt have lost so many games due to lebron being incompetent in the 4th quarter.

lebron was and always will be a selfish player that likes to stat stuff and dominate the ball and has to try to be number one.

SpecialQue
04-21-2013, 08:17 PM
wade did it out of kindness and respect. if wade wanted to he could have been number one and then maybe they wouldnt have lost so many games due to lebron being incompetent in the 4th quarter.

lebron was and always will be a selfish player that likes to stat stuff and dominate the ball and has to try to be number one.

This is almost as idiotic as Pauk calling Magic a "ring chaser" because he was drafted by the Lakers.

Horde of Temujin
04-21-2013, 08:18 PM
See: Russell Westbrook

NBAller

that's true. rest of the post....ehhh...

DaSeba5
This is almost as idiotic as Pauk calling Magic a "ring chaser" because he was drafted by the Lakers.

Did he really say that? :roll:

Andrew Wiggins
04-21-2013, 08:20 PM
What they mean is he isn't trying to outplay his better team-mate. He isn't out there trying to prove to everyone that he's better than LeBron is. Worthy of praise.

that's the thing though, if he was out there trying to outplay Lebron and not accept his role, Riley would have traded him before it became detrimental to the team. letting Lebron take over was in his best interest and a no brainer...not something that requires countless praise as if it was some kind of amazing, selfless act.

NumberSix
04-21-2013, 08:21 PM
These new posters are seriously terrible. And that's coming from me.

red1
anyone find it amusing that commentators and analysts regularly praise Wade for taking a backseat to Lebron?

it's not like he had a choice. if he valued winning and getting rings, it was in his best interest to let Lebron take over. Lebron is clearly a better player and if Wade was unwilling to relinquish the main role on the team, his ass would have been shipped out of miami. :roll:
:coleman:

Haymaker
There was some competition going on between the two in their first season together, but by the half of the second season, Wade just had to concede since Lebron was clearly carrying the heaviest load and was playing out of his mind. Dwade is #2 since then just because.

Magic 32
04-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Iverson and Lebron were cancers as second options.

Wade had no choice.

leMVP
04-21-2013, 08:25 PM
He did take a backseat intentionally and non-intentionally after what happened in 2011, it's not his fault but what we see heat doing right now is because lebron is the alpha dog out there, it's kind of foolish of wade to get back and try to be the manand destory the chemistry they created over last year.

also being injury-prone doesn't help your case.

LilEddyCurry
04-21-2013, 08:30 PM

:rolleyes:

daj0264
04-21-2013, 08:31 PM
you speak a lot of sense

Mass Debator
04-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Wade will always be Lebron's leader.

SpecialQue
04-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Did he really say that? :roll:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234582

He also started another thread saying that FMVP was meaningless. This was, of course, before Lebron got one. He's calmed down A LOT since Lebron won a championship, but before then, he was just a gushing fountain of stupidity.

SpecialQue
04-21-2013, 08:35 PM
I forgot to mention...the funny thing about him denigrating FMVP was that he always included "Player of the Week" in Lebron's list of accomplishments.

Fallen Angel
04-21-2013, 08:35 PM

Easier said than done. It's not easy when you think about it. Look at what Kobe did with Howard. Howard is clearly the superior player but Kobe didn't want to take a backseat to him. Give Wade some credit. He truly values winning over stats.

clayton
04-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Lol. Wade almost got his 2nd Finals MVP had LeBron not sabotaged it.

Goldrush25
04-21-2013, 08:56 PM

Meh, there are some old posters that are absolutely braindead and consistently flood this board with crap. So it balances out.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-21-2013, 11:10 PM

what they are saying is ...Wade accepted the b!tch role...while lebron does him raw

OldSkoolball#52
04-21-2013, 11:11 PM
So Wade took a back seat

I guess Bosh took the trunk :lol

NBAller
04-21-2013, 11:13 PM
what they are saying is ...Wade accepted the b!tch role...while lebron does him raw

smh, just had to be a laker fan.

AngelEyes
04-21-2013, 11:14 PM

Damn, they must really be terrible then.

BBallZen83
04-22-2013, 12:09 AM
I forgot to mention...the funny thing about him denigrating FMVP was that he always included "Player of the Week" in Lebron's list of accomplishments.
You're a great poster man. When you start to follow ish, you begin to understand how much of a rare commodity sanity is.

Magic 32
04-22-2013, 12:20 AM
Lol. Wade almost got his 2nd Finals MVP had LeBron not sabotaged it.

Absolutely. Can't play as a second option. Wade's legacy was sabotaged by Lebron.

bob
04-22-2013, 12:54 AM
Hi I'm D.Wade, let me be the leader of this team. O wait, I just got injured. Don't mind me when you see me come back and my jaw gets larger. Its genetics.

/Thread

Lebron23
04-22-2013, 12:57 AM
Kobe would also take a backseat if he play with LeBron. Lebron is the better individual player, and Wade knows it.

Lebron23
04-22-2013, 01:00 AM
Absolutely. Can't play as a second option. Wade's legacy was sabotaged by Lebron.

Just like Kobe in the 2004 NBA Finals. 22 ppg on 39 FG%. Shaq was the best individual player in that series, But Kobe wanted to win his first Finals MVP.

Segatti
04-22-2013, 01:28 AM

I love how people just ignore what Dallas did and just say Lebron chocked and that's the only reason they lost hur durr

retaxis
04-22-2013, 01:32 AM
Lakers superteam first year is looking much better and promising then miami first year....not

got 3 guys out of 4 who won't even be back for the second year (kobe RIP, Nash RIP, Pau traded to a better place)

pauk
04-22-2013, 01:46 AM

Correction:

I called Magic for a ring chaser because he refused to come to the NBA if he didnt play with Kareem & Lakers..... he literally verbally / vocally expressed that numerous times....

Calling that an act of ring chasing is perfectly reasonable & logical.... because it cant get any more obvious....

Someone like Lebron/Jordan at least came to the NBA immediately to scrub teams and played with scrubs thereafter for many many years without complaints, to try and win a championship there..... at least they tried.... but Magic? He would have rather been homeless than come to the NBA and play for a scrub team, he demanded the best team & player immediately or else there would be no NBA.....

plowking
04-22-2013, 01:58 AM
I love how people just ignore what Dallas did and just say Lebron chocked and that's the only reason they lost hur durr

I'm not a Lebron apologist by any means, even though he does play for the team I support, but if you think it was anything other than Lebron checking himself out, then you're wrong.

Dallas didn't do anything in particular, and even if Lebron did play up to standard, who knows, Dallas were playing so well it might not have mattered for the Heat. You guys played fantastic, but I don't think you had a single thing to do to what happened to Lebron.

backbutblack
04-22-2013, 04:22 AM
lebron is the greatest nba player of all time

he didnt play in a weak era like jordan

haters gonna hate

jcsrplumply
04-22-2013, 04:28 AM
lebron is the greatest nba player of all time

he didnt play in a weak era like jordan

haters gonna hate
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Andrei89
04-22-2013, 05:35 AM
Wade will soon show you the wrath of the playoffs.

One of the geratest playoff performers I have seen.

uber
04-22-2013, 06:42 AM
Correction:

I called Magic for a ring chaser because he refused to come to the NBA if he didnt play with Kareem & Lakers..... he literally verbally / vocally expressed that numerous times....

Source? If he did expressed it numerous times you should have no problem of proving it?

Magic 32
04-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Just like Kobe in the 2004 NBA Finals. 22 ppg on 39 FG%. Shaq was the best individual player in that series, But Kobe wanted to win his first Finals MVP.

Except Kobe at least helped Shaq for 3 years. Lebron went sabotage mode right away.

Bandito
04-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Why does people pretend the 04 Pistons didn't own the Lakers therefore Kobe that year with their tremendous defense...

LakersForlife
04-22-2013, 08:28 AM
lebron best player in the planet after kobe went down.

D-Wade316
04-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Lebitch apologists can't accept the truth lechoke choked in 2011. Only directed at fukking morons like OP and pauk.

Akhenaten
04-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Kobe would also take a backseat if he play with LeBron. Lebron is the better individual player, and Wade knows it.

No he wouldn't, he'd rather fail on his terms than win as a sidekick

people always talk about the 04 Finals, but what about the 03 WCF, when Kobe took 40 shots in Game 1, avg 27 shots for the series and yet AGAIN shot in the low 40% in a series.

a 31 year old Kobe isn't deferring to ANYBODY, because he is an EGO-MANIACAL GLORYWHORE

he wouldn't defer to prime Wilt, MJ, Kareem...NO ONE
and that's what pundits mean when they say Wade should be credited for willingly taking a backseat.

OP is saying he had no choice, people ALWAYS have choice, just like Kobe CHOSE to chuck and chuck and chuck despite SHAQ being the far superior and impactful player at that stage in their respective careers.

Wade has always been a reticent sort of superstar, always been sort of shy and unassuming. It is for this reason I don't think he deserves any "credit", he's doing what comes naturally and of course he's also nowhere near as physically capable as he was at his peak.

If Wade had a Monta Ellis, AI, Kobe, early 2000's Stackhouse disposition, this Heat team would be screwed because the chemistry would be completely shot to shit.

Magic 32
04-22-2013, 09:00 AM
No he wouldn't, he'd rather fail on his terms than win as a sidekick

people always talk about the 04 Finals, but what about the 03 WCF, when Kobe took 40 shots in Game 1, avg 27 shots for the series and yet AGAIN shot in the low 40% in a series.

a 31 year old Kobe isn't deferring to ANYBODY, because he is an EGO-MANIACAL GLORYWHORE

he wouldn't defer to prime Wilt, MJ, Kareem...NO ONE
and that's what pundits mean when they say Wade should be credited for willingly taking a backseat.

OP is saying he had no choice, people ALWAYS have choice, just like Kobe CHOSE to chuck and chuck and chuck despite SHAQ being the far superior and impactful player at that stage in their respective careers.

Wade has always been a reticent sort of superstar, always been sort of shy and unassuming. It is for this reason I don't think he deserves any "credit", he's doing what comes naturally and of course he's also nowhere near as physically capable as he was at his peak.

If Wade had a Monta Ellis, AI, Kobe, early 2000's Stackhouse disposition, this Heat team would be screwed because the chemistry would be completely shot to shit.

And what is this going to do for Wade's legacy? Kobe is a legacy guy, and he has been right about these sorts of things all along. They were never gonna give him credit without Shaq.

Lebron is a legacy guy as well, he's just not honest enough to say it (all about winning as long as I'm number one). Asking not to play with a guy (as Kobe did in 2004) is no worse then showing up and stealing a team from your good "buddy".

And kobe played just fine in the 03 Spurs series. The only difference between that series and the Kings series in 2002, was that Horry missed a shot.

By the way, home court was lost because Shaq was heeling on company time.

D-Wade316
04-22-2013, 09:01 AM
Lawl. Just accept the truth lechoke choked in 2011.

BBallZen83
04-22-2013, 09:10 AM
Dude, come on now. Lebron just wilted under the pressure in that finals, he didn't intentionally sabotage Wade from getting his first FMVP.

D-Wade316
04-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Dude, come on now. Lebron just wilted under the pressure in that finals, he didn't intentionally sabotage Wade from getting his first FMVP.
First?

flashway
04-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Forgive April 2013 Lord, for they have sinned
:lol not all of us are this...well you know...

Akhenaten
04-22-2013, 09:20 AM
And what is this going to do for Wade's legacy? Kobe is a legacy guy, and he has been right about these sorts of things all along. They were never gonna give him credit without Shaq.

Kobe is/was absolutely right
notice in my thread I don't laud either Wade or Kobe for either of their approaches, I just merely illustrated their personality profiles and the fact that Wade did in fact choose to step back

The basketball watching public post MJ-era are obsessed with individual legacy, I completely UNDERSTAND why Kobe is the way he is, look how demeaned a guy like Scottie is. People don't respect humility and seflessness, this is a capitalist me first society.

Lebron is a legacy guy as well, he's just not honest enough to say it (all about winning as long as I'm number one).

Without a doubt, he sabotaged Wade in the 11 Finals because he knew his legacy would have been destroyed if they had won with Wade winning Finals MVP in dominant fashion.

And kobe played just fine in the 03 Spurs series
The only difference between that series and the Kings series in 2002, was that Horry missed a shot.

You cant possibly be serious:biggums:

the man avg 27 FG + 9 FTA to avg 32 pts
and despite completely dominating the basketball, avg 5TO to 4ast :eek: while playing with arguably the greatest paint scorer in NBA history

in Game 1 he took 38 shots, including 3 made 3's to score 37 points
the team only lost by five point. Kobe was horrific in that series, "he played just fine" :oldlol: Cut it out bro.

Magic 32
04-22-2013, 09:33 AM
You cant possibly be serious:biggums:

the man avg 27 FG + 9 FTA to avg 32 pts
and despite completely dominating the basketball, avg 5TO to 4ast :eek: while playing with arguably the greatest paint scorer in NBA history

in Game 1 he took 38 shots, including 3 made 3's to score 37 points
the team only lost by five point. Kobe was horrific in that series, "he played just fine" :oldlol: Cut it out bro.

Kobe was flat out great in game 3 and 5. Period.

In game 4 he was very good. The shooting was mediocre, but watch the game and see the late shot clock bombs he was forced to fire up.

Game 1 and 2 I'll give you.

Game 6 he shot 9-20 for 20 points. Nothing disastrous.

BBallZen83
04-22-2013, 09:49 AM
My bad, second.

jzek
04-22-2013, 09:58 AM
I find it hilarious too for two reasons:

1) Wade's body can't let him be a consistent top 5, top 10 player anymore
2) Even if Wade is 100% healthy, LBJ is still better than him

Kiddlovesnets
04-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Still, it takes a lot for someone of Wade's caliber to willingly become the team's 2nd option. Kobe wont do this even at this age, when Dwight is clearly better and needs the ball more. Iverson has even bigger ego that keeps him away from signing with any NBA teams. Wade still deserves credits, its not an easy move for any superstar players lol.

I.R.Beast
04-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Still, it takes a lot for someone of Wade's caliber to willingly become the team's 2nd option. Kobe wont do this even at this age, when Dwight is clearly better and needs the ball more. Iverson has even bigger ego that keeps him away from signing with any NBA teams. Wade still deserves credits, its not an easy move for any superstar players lol.
Dwight is trash on offense...to me no player without a sound enough offensive game has any business being the number 1 option. Howard is not a better 1st option than Kobe. Age means nothing if you're playing at a high level.

pegasus
04-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Had Lebron played like a decent 5th option in 2011 finals, Wade would have had two FMVP's and no one would be talking about him taking a backseat. No wonder Lebron sabotaged him.

Andrew Wiggins
04-22-2013, 11:23 AM
I find it hilarious too for two reasons:

1) Wade's body can't let him be a consistent top 5, top 10 player anymore
2) Even if Wade is 100% healthy, LBJ is still better than him

exactly.

it's like praising amar'e for taking a backseat to melo

NBAller
04-22-2013, 11:25 AM
exactly.

it's like praising amar'e for taking a backseat to melo

the thing is if amare tried to be the number one option it wouldn't be right.

he's not doing that so i myself think that is worthy of at least a little praise.

same thing with wade.

it's not like a young kobe trying to outplay the most dominant shaq.

Trollsmasher
04-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Still don't understand how can people label LeBron's 2011 Finals as the worst ever when they look at Brickbe's legendary 2004 series.

22/2/4 with 4 TOs on 38% shooting, efectively shooting the best player in the game out of the series:bowdown:

AlphaWolf24
04-22-2013, 12:08 PM

+1 internets

:oldlol:

Magic 32
04-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Still don't understand how can people label LeBron's 2011 Finals as the worst ever when they look at Brickbe's legendary 2004 series.

22/2/4 with 4 TOs on 38% shooting, efectively shooting the best player in the game out of the series:bowdown:

Kobe had excuses (trial, old team falling apart, knee).

Lebron had none. NONE!!

And Kobe tried, Lebron just gave up.

Mass Debator
04-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Dwight is trash on offense...to me no player without a sound enough offensive game has any business being the number 1 option. Howard is not a better 1st option than Kobe. Age means nothing if you're playing at a high level.
Going to Dwight slows the pace down and motivates him to play D. Something the Lakers need. Kobe shouldn't be averaging 20 shot attempts per game. Let's look at some very basic numbers here.

Shot attempts by the Heat and Lakers starting line ups

17.8 - Lebron
15.8 - Wade
12.3 - Bosh
6.9 - Chalmers
3.3 - Haslem

20.4 - Kobe
11.8 - Gasol
11.0 - Metta
10.7 - Howard
9.5 - Nash

If the Lakers could get the same averages as the Heat, I don't see how they wouldn't become more efficient as a team. I don't need Kobe and Metta averaging almost 11 threes between the both of them. The difficult part of this is how they're going to achieve it.

17.8 - Kobe
15.8 - Howard
12.3 - Gasol
6.9 - Nash
3.3 - Metta

This is why I say they have the wrong personnel. It's not that they aren't playing their roles; they just aren't comfortable in the roles they were given meaning they have difficulty executing properly. Whether you play Kobe ball or Howard ball, everyone one else becomes spot up shooters. That limits so much of everyone's natural approach to the game.

After thinking about it awhile, a Nash and Kobe backcourt at this stage of their careers just wasn't a good idea. With this roster, they don't need a "point guard". They need a player who can defend on the perimeter and hit open shots. I can't believe I'm saying this but they'll be better off with Norris Cole. Mike Conley would be ideal.

Kobe has to play like Wade. Backdoor cuts, post up mismatches, and making them hockey assists. The ball has to go through Pau Gasol on the high post and let them operate through him. Kobe cuts and Howard slips underneath. Or Gasol hands off to Kobe while picking Kobe's man and Gasol rolls to the basket forcing Howard's man to rotate over to Pau. Or Gasol just shoots that free throw jumper. If nothing opens up, throw the ball to Howard and let him operate on the block with potential kick outs to open shooters. Or let Kobe go 1-on-1. When Pau is substituted early, Kobe can be Kobe. Crazy as it sounds, Pau should be option 1A looking to pass first. This should be a 1A, 1B, 1C team depending on what the defense shows throughout the game. Lots of passing is key.

Oh well. Good luck to them next year.

AlphaWolf24
04-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Going to Dwight slows the pace down and motivates him to play D. Something the Lakers need. Kobe shouldn't be averaging 20 shot attempts per game. Let's look at some very basic numbers here.

Shot attempts by the Heat and Lakers starting line ups

17.8 - Lebron
15.8 - Wade
12.3 - Bosh
6.9 - Chalmers
3.3 - Haslem

20.4 - Kobe
11.8 - Gasol
11.0 - Metta
10.7 - Howard
9.5 - Nash

If the Lakers could get the same averages as the Heat, I don't see how they wouldn't become more efficient as a team. I don't need Kobe and Metta averaging almost 11 threes between the both of them. The difficult part of this is how they're going to achieve it.

17.8 - Kobe
15.8 - Howard
12.3 - Gasol
6.9 - Nash
3.3 - Metta

This is why I say they have the wrong personnel. It's not that they aren't playing their roles; they just aren't comfortable in the roles they were given meaning they have difficulty executing properly. Whether you play Kobe ball or Howard ball, everyone one else becomes spot up shooters. That limits so much of everyone's natural approach to the game.

After thinking about it awhile, a Nash and Kobe backcourt at this stage of their careers just wasn't a good idea. With this roster, they don't need a "point guard". They need a player who can defend on the perimeter and hit open shots. I can't believe I'm saying this but they'll be better off with Norris Cole. Mike Conley would be ideal.

Kobe has to play like Wade. Backdoor cuts, post up mismatches, and making them hockey assists. The ball has to go through Pau Gasol on the high post and let them operate through him. Kobe cuts and Howard slips underneath. Or Gasol hands off to Kobe while picking Kobe's man and Gasol rolls to the basket forcing Howard's man to rotate over to Pau. Or Gasol just shoots that free throw jumper. If nothing opens up, throw the ball to Howard and let him operate on the block with potential kick outs to open shooters. Or let Kobe go 1-on-1. When Pau is substituted early, Kobe can be Kobe. Crazy as it sounds, Pau should be option 1A looking to pass first. This should be a 1A, 1B, 1C team depending on what the defense shows throughout the game. Lots of passing is key.

Oh well. Good luck to them next year.

Wade is one of the greatest " create with ball " players the NBA has ever seen....( he and Lebron should have equal FG attempts)

Wade can create his own shot.....hardly anyone on the Lakers outside of Kobe has the skillset to create a "ownshot" with the ball.

also..if you watched the Lakers game...Kobe almost always has the ball at the closing moments of quarters.....that's 2 - 3 shots as the time/shot clock goes down. ( Wade and Lebron admitted they don't like to take those shots)

The Offense should go through Kobe...as it has since 00' ( Kobe was primary facilitator of the Triangle offense)

Kobe ball wins championships....it's proven over time and results.

Mass Debator
04-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Wade is one of the greatest " create with ball " players the NBA has ever seen....( he and Lebron should have equal FG attempts)

Wade can create his own shot.....hardly anyone on the Lakers outside of Kobe has the skillset to create a "ownshot" with the ball.

also..if you watched the Lakers game...Kobe almost always has the ball at the closing moments of quarters.....that's 2 - 3 shots as the time/shot clock goes down. ( Wade and Lebron admitted they don't like to take those shots)

The Offense should go through Kobe...as it has since 00' ( Kobe was primary facilitator of the Triangle offense)

Kobe ball wins championships....it's proven over time and results.
You say that no one can create their own shot besides Kobe, but I know they all can create shots for each other through ball movement.

Lebron has plenty of shots at the end of every quarter too since he's plays until the buzzer of each quarter. Wade only in the 4th if they aren't blowing teams out. They didn't admit that they don't like to take those end of quarter shots. Lebron even said:

"I came in after the game, I saw 9-for-19 [against the Bobcats in late December] and I missed that last long three, I felt I could have gotten into the lane and got a layup. I

aj1987
04-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Kobe had excuses (trial, old team falling apart, knee).

Lebron had none. NONE!!

And Kobe tried, Lebron just gave up.
Dude, Kobe averaged 23 on 23 shots at 38%. Shaq averaged 27 on 18 shots at 63%. At what point do you defer to the guy who got you 3 titles scoring 36 and 14 over the 3 years?

AlphaWolf24
04-22-2013, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=Mass Debator]You say that no one can create their own shot besides Kobe, but I know they all can create shots for each other through ball movement.

Lebron has plenty of shots at the end of every quarter too since he's plays until the buzzer of each quarter. Wade only in the 4th if they aren't blowing teams out. They didn't admit that they don't like to take those end of quarter shots. Lebron even said:

"I came in after the game, I saw 9-for-19 [against the Bobcats in late December] and I missed that last long three, I felt I could have gotten into the lane and got a layup. I

Mass Debator
04-22-2013, 03:02 PM
I don't know what you are trying to get at???

I'm just going to tell you what I Know..

A) Kobe mainly plays to get others involved early and picks his shots if the defense allows.....Kobe becomes much more agressive later in games and will look more to create a shot for himself or his teammates.

B) each game is diffrent....but consistently.....this is the mold Kobe try's to play in ( and it has been very sucessful)....

again, each game has it's own rythym....sometime Kobe needs to create early and score...but majority of the time.....he plays through the offense.

Miami...

Wade is playing with perhaps the greatest " slasher/finisher/ability to drive to the lane" player ever ( Lebron)...

Wade does not need to create as much...Lebron is there and much better at it....Wade can find lanes or spots to get open because Lebron is Threat to Drive the Lane ( getting defenders to hedge and help)

If Lebron was not there...Wade would need to create alot more shots for himself....

" ball movement".....you still need players who are a threat to score...and players who can create....

just saying " ball movement" without understanding how to get the ball moving sounds dumb....

you can pass the ball side to side...inside out all day long.....you still aren't going get a good shot...you need players who can create and threaten the defense......lakers do not have players that can do that consistently.
I was answering to your Lebron and Wade supposedly "admitting" to not wanting to take those end of quarter shots. I don't recall that ever. I'm saying they play different styles and that's why they do what they do. Wade will pass up shots that Kobe would normally take not because he wants to protect his FG% but because he visions a better play. He uses FG% as a goal to become more aware of the shots he takes. When you take good shots, you're normally at 50% or possibly higher. Kobe will take those shots not only because he thinks he can make them, but because he wants you to feel inferior as in you can't guard me. Both are effective in their own rights. Those end of quarter shots have little impact on your FG% if you mean half/full court heaves. Doesn't happen every game or even every other game. If you're talking about bailing your own team out from the shot clock, Kobe does that a lot because those shots are what he expects to take. If there's 6 seconds left and Pau has the ball and shoots and misses...Kobe will definitely be disappointed.

Wade has Lebron, but when he didn't, who did he have after the 2 good years with Shaq? I don't think I need to elaborate how Wade fitted in with the big Diesel. Right now, Kobe has Pau and Howard (Nash when healthy). They can create their own shots when they get the ball in their spots. Even Blake is capable of feeding them. They can also create for others. Of course you need people to score, pass, etc. Ball movement is not only about scoring, but about getting the team involved. Making them feel included so they're willing to do the little things like screening for each other or playing motivated defense. You'll be surprised at how simply quickly passing the ball can create an opening for driving due to late close outs or pump fakes that lead to defensive breakdowns. I still like going through Pau in the high post and Dwight down low with Kobe cutting. Jazz does this effectively. I'm just saying they aren't going anywhere unless Kobe changes his approach. Can't rely on his legs anymore so why force the issue. Let your teammates do more work...

Shade8780
04-22-2013, 03:10 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37189098.jpg

Iceberg Slim
04-22-2013, 03:12 PM
isn't it clear to everyone that they both take a backseat to the Birdman

Fudge
04-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Wade's still Batman doe.

Magic 32
04-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Dude, Kobe averaged 23 on 23 shots at 38%. Shaq averaged 27 on 18 shots at 63%. At what point do you defer to the guy who got you 3 titles scoring 36 and 14 over the 3 years?

I'm not saying he approached the series the right way. I'm saying he had excuses.

Lebron had none.

PJR
04-22-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm not saying he approached the series the right way. I'm saying he had exuses.

Lebron had none.

Kobe's hoe ass put himself in that precarious position, So why exacly should he get a pass?

Magic 32
04-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Kobe's hoe ass put himself in that precarious position, So why exacly should he get a pass?

This is basketball we are discussing. The man didn't know if he was going away for life. He wanted to leave with a bang and it got him out of his game (and the trial left him flat at the end of the postseason, he was not himself physically or mentally).

And as far as I know, he did not injure Malone.

AlphaWolf24
04-22-2013, 05:27 PM
I was answering to your Lebron and Wade supposedly "admitting" to not wanting to take those end of quarter shots. I don't recall that ever. I'm saying they play different styles and that's why they do what they do. Wade will pass up shots that Kobe would normally take not because he wants to protect his FG% but because he visions a better play. He uses FG% as a goal to become more aware of the shots he takes. When you take good shots, you're normally at 50% or possibly higher. Kobe will take those shots not only because he thinks he can make them, but because he wants you to feel inferior as in you can't guard me. Both are effective in their own rights. Those end of quarter shots have little impact on your FG% if you mean half/full court heaves. Doesn't happen every game or even every other game. If you're talking about bailing your own team out from the shot clock, Kobe does that a lot because those shots are what he expects to take. If there's 6 seconds left and Pau has the ball and shoots and misses...Kobe will definitely be disappointed.

Wade has Lebron, but when he didn't, who did he have after the 2 good years with Shaq? I don't think I need to elaborate how Wade fitted in with the big Diesel. Right now, Kobe has Pau and Howard (Nash when healthy). They can create their own shots when they get the ball in their spots. Even Blake is capable of feeding them. They can also create for others. Of course you need people to score, pass, etc. Ball movement is not only about scoring, but about getting the team involved. Making them feel included so they're willing to do the little things like screening for each other or playing motivated defense. You'll be surprised at how simply quickly passing the ball can create an opening for driving due to late close outs or pump fakes that lead to defensive breakdowns. I still like going through Pau in the high post and Dwight down low with Kobe cutting. Jazz does this effectively. I'm just saying they aren't going anywhere unless Kobe changes his approach. Can't rely on his legs anymore so why force the issue. Let your teammates do more work...

“We’re both so conscious of wanting to shoot 50 percent, that sometimes you wish you had that Kobe (Bryant) thought, where you just don’t care,” Wade said. “We talk about it all the time. It sucks at times, but it’s who we are.”

And yes, Wade also checks the stat sheets after every game. He was irritated with himself after shooting 9-for-20 in Orlando on New Year’s Eve. Wade has a ways to go to catch James in the competition; he’s been 50 percent or better in 19 of his 34 games. For his career, Wade is now just a tick (48.6 to 48.7) behind James.

“But when LeBron came here, he probably cared about it more, because that’s what we talk about,” Wade said.

Yes, and think about, even during games. You ever notice James holding the ball in the backcourt, waiting for the buzzer to sound, before launching a longshot 60-footer, like he did in Golden State?

Or Wade doing the same?

You assume that’s an accident.

“We were in Dallas,” Wade said, laughing as he recalled a Jan. 2 game in which he shot 9-for-21 and had the ball in his hands, far from the basket, with the clock winding down. “I was like, ‘Why did I just shoot that?’ But I had four seconds. I was like, ‘Damn.’ You have no choice when you have that much time. It would have looked bad.”

Dawg....

i'm trying to teach you here....sometimes it's better to listen.....

Kids shouldn't speak when grown folks are talking.

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr320/BruceBlitz/jod_zps530d1a7d.jpg

NBAller
04-22-2013, 06:01 PM
There's nothing wrong with purposely trying to shoot at 50 percent each game either. Just for the record, those two aren't the only two in the league that does that. I've seen Jamal Crawford, someone who's exceptionally good at dribbling the ball make it accidentally look like he lost control of the ball to knock a few seconds off the clock, regather himself with like .5 seconds left then shoot it after the buzzer. Kevin Durant has admitted to doing so.

Also if you're the guy that has to carry the offensive load of the team you have to put shots up and not care about percentages I would think. As opposed to having someone like Wade as your second option, then shooting without care would be dentrimental to the team when you have teammates that can put the ball in the hoop.

It's all about good shot selection, and passing up shots and passing to a teammate isn't bad either. This also encourages ball movement, letting others see the ball and stuff. I saw in Game 1 Heat VS Bucks LeBron gave the ball up when he got stuck as opposed to shooting it with 5 seconds left, then Mario fed it down to Bosh in which he ended up getting a bucket. Sometimes, you 'throw your teammate under the bus' by doing so, and other times you get big buckets.

It all falls back on the rule, if you don't have it, pass it until someone has it or someone must shoot it.

305Baller
04-22-2013, 07:12 PM
heh.
OP is right.