PDA

View Full Version : Did Jeremy Lin leave his balls in NY?

niko
04-21-2013, 11:29 PM
What happened to him? Who is this guy out there not driving and hesitating before he shoots? SHOOT THE ****ING BALL. DRIVE TO THE BASKET.

Yes, we all know Lin was overrated but he's far more aggressive than this passive little girl out there for the Rockets today. If he's not pushing the ball, if he's not out there a lot and having impact what chance do the Rockets have.

I want to see some Linsanity in this series and OKC challenged. Am i alone here?

Mrofir
04-21-2013, 11:33 PM
What happened to him? Who is this guy out there not driving and hesitating before he shoots? SHOOT THE ****ING BALL. DRIVE TO THE BASKET.

Yes, we all know Lin was overrated but he's far more aggressive than this passive little girl out there for the Rockets today. If he's not pushing the ball, if he's not out there a lot and having impact what chance do the Rockets have.

I want to see some Linsanity in this series and OKC challenged. Am i alone here?

you heard it here first. This will be a HCA series. It will go back to okc for game 5 tied at 2-2, and okc will close it out in houston. But houston will not challenge a single game in okc.

Svendiggity
04-21-2013, 11:34 PM

I think his confidence is hurting because McHale seems to like Beverly better lately. Still needs to be aggressive regardless

brantonli
04-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Because McHale will bench his ass when he makes any mistakes. seriously, in quite a few games, Beverley would finish the fourth quarter whilst Lin just sat on the bench.

Also cause he needs to share the ball with Harden.

Shepseskaf
04-21-2013, 11:37 PM
When real defense appears, Linsanity disappears. This is exactly what I expected to happen.

Bobcats2013
He's not the leader, and McBail isn't the right coach for him. He's a D'antoni guy.

andremiller07
He was never anything more than a average-below average nba PG not sure why anyone would be suprised.

niko
04-21-2013, 11:47 PM
He's not aggressive though. I'm not bemoaning the lack of production. I'm bemoaning the lack of passion. He's not driving and getting killed. He's not shooting without hesitation. There is no flow to the game. Jeremy Lin not playing within the rhythm of the game and slowing things down is worthless.

he needs to play his game and if McHale sits his ass down so be it but this half in half out doesn't work.

longtime lurker
04-21-2013, 11:49 PM
It's because Melo is holding him ba......

oh wait

SoCalLakersFan1
04-21-2013, 11:50 PM
Westbrook > Beverley > Jackson > Fisher > Lin in the playoffs.

andremiller07
04-21-2013, 11:51 PM
If you spell Lin backwards it tells you out of 100 how effective he has been in game 1.

04-21-2013, 11:56 PM
Somewhere in NYC, Dolan is giving himself a pat in the back for not matching the Rockets' ridiculous contract.

strifed169
04-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Lin doesn't fit McFail's non-existent offense, he's a system PG

OldSkoolball#52
i noticed the same thing tbh

even tho i thought the new york version of linsanity's play was mostly sloppy, out of control and overrated, at least there was some sort of explosive factor to it.

lin is basically a young, overpaid, chinese derek fisher right now. he does absolutely nothing. its a different situation to be sure, in nyk he was a nobody on a bad team with basically nothing to lose. now he's got a big contract and is playing in the playoffs, maybe hes afraid to "unleash the dragon" :lol

i respect daryl morey in general and i think hes done a good job keeping the team viable despite not having high lotto picks or any big stars wanting to go to houston so far, but as i said at the time, the jeremy lin signing was a total :facepalm altho you look across the court and see kendrick perkins, and realize every GM is prone to making mistakes

Electric Slide
Rockets never had a chance.

selrahc
04-22-2013, 12:04 AM
what did you expect? japanese men cannot be aggressive or play basketball

IGOTGAME
04-22-2013, 12:04 AM
he looks a bit to heavyh out there as well. he should slim down for next season.

razzredazzre
04-22-2013, 12:06 AM
1. McHale has been benching Lin a lot this season in the 4th every time he makes "ONE" mistake. Hence, lost some confidence.

2. Harden needs his iso's.

3. Just being a little biyatcha.

4. Playoffs pressure.

teddytwelvetoes
04-22-2013, 12:06 AM
http://i.minus.com/iKH0MnyDFZN9b.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibzL7aK0xECwKu.gif

:coleman:

JimmyMcAdocious
04-22-2013, 12:07 AM
No, just your mom.

HardwoodLegend
04-22-2013, 12:07 AM
I wish I had watched the game.

Did he do anything right at all?

bluechox2
04-22-2013, 12:08 AM
in ny, lin had that charm and fans behind him, in houstion, harden stole his thunder

OldSkoolball#52
04-22-2013, 12:10 AM
1. McHale has been benching Lin a lot this season in the 4th every time he makes "ONE" mistake. Hence, lost some confidence.

THat's not on McHale, that's on Daryl Morey. Lin really does suck, and McHale has to do what he has to do to win each game. He can't worry about babying Jeremy Lins confidents.

shoops
04-22-2013, 12:11 AM
Rockets offense doesn't have much off the ball movement and many cutters so a lot of the time you see guys standing around, and the ball handler is forced to create from almost a standstill. Not really Lin's strength, he tends to start forcing things and racking up TOs. Doesn't help that McHale benches him inexplicably sometimes. Today he's just been playing bad though, seemed kinda shook. The Rockets are just outmatched anyways though.

04-22-2013, 12:17 AM

the universe is back to where it's supposed to be.

basketball belongs to the Brothas.

being good at math is for asian geeks like lin.

And whites are...whatever they want to be.

BrooklynZoo
04-22-2013, 12:25 AM
really? its one game guys :facepalm

and calling him an asian derek fisher is just idiotic

Lebron23
04-22-2013, 12:45 AM
Lin is good, but he's not an elite PG in the NBA. He overachieved in New York.

HoopDreams247
04-22-2013, 12:45 AM
THat's not on McHale, that's on Daryl Morey. Lin really does suck, and McHale has to do what he has to do to win each game. He can't worry about babying Jeremy Lins confidents.

Lin's line for the season:
13.4 ppg 6.1 ast 3 reb

How does that suck? I think he'll only improve next year.

dbk123
04-22-2013, 12:50 AM
hes korean you racist fukker

and the amount of lin hate on here is unreal, but what can you expect from knick fans. People calling him a scrub when he would destroy everyone of us :roll:

Shepseskaf
04-22-2013, 12:57 AM
hes korean you racist fukker
Actually, he's American with Taiwanese parents.

SpecialQue
04-22-2013, 01:00 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Comex.gif

OldSkoolball#52
04-22-2013, 01:08 AM
Lin's line for the season:
13.4 ppg 6.1 ast 3 reb

How does that suck? I think he'll only improve next year.

Well 'suck' was hyperbole I guess but basically he's nothing special whatsoever. That statline could be achieved basically by anyone playing decent minutes. That's basically Raymond Felton's rookie statline. Not to mention his current stat line :lol

But some guys play 'above' their stats and some guys play below. Despite completely mediocre stats, my observation of Lin is that his impact is even lower. The only way he can make an impression on the game is to play helter skelter 'linsanity' ball. But that only worked becuase the Knicks had nothing to lose. You can't do that trying to make it through the playoffs. So I can't blame McHale for benching him for a guard who is more effective in a traditional game.

OldSkoolball#52
04-22-2013, 01:14 AM

:eek: JFC

Is this a Mobley-Francis Part II situation??

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-01/12/xin_180102120927123247215.jpg

Artillery
04-22-2013, 01:49 AM

Parsons is the top and Lin is the bottom in that relationship imo

Mirko Cro Cop
04-22-2013, 02:04 AM

:biggums:

Parsons has that look like he just can't wait to get home and devour Lin

Weirdass combo these two.

deja vu
04-22-2013, 02:07 AM
Lin is just an average player. I can still remember during the height of Linsanity, I commented on Yahoo about why Lin was just an average player and that teams will soon figure him out. I got downvoted real quick. :lol

OldSkoolball#52
04-22-2013, 02:18 AM
Lin is just an average player. I can still remember during the height of Linsanity, I commented on Yahoo about why Lin was just an average player and that teams will soon figure him out. I got downvoted real quick. :lol

I think average might even be kind, at least if you're talking about starters. How many starters out there are worse than Lin is? I honestly can't think of five.

willds09
04-22-2013, 04:51 AM
lin is homesick from landry fields old couch:lol

KungFuJoe
04-22-2013, 04:53 AM
Everyone forget that Lin torched OKC for 29 points in their last game including some HUGE clutch 3 point daggers near the end?

It's his VERY first playoff game, on the road, against a MONSTER OKC game.

EVERYONE on the Rockets played like crap with the exception of Beverley.

ONE game. I know some of you are just trolling, but this is getting ridiculous.

willds09
04-22-2013, 04:53 AM

damn from fields to parsons:facepalm gay ass nigguh

Fallen Angel
04-22-2013, 04:58 AM
Lin is still pretty inexperienced remember this is first year as a full time starter. He needs to play better. I don't expect him to go Linsane obviously but he needs to make something happen. Harden can't be the only one who creates for the rest of the team. He makes one mistake and McHale bencehs him, and McHale is right.

Lin got outplayed by his back up PG, that says something. Either play more aggressive or McHales benches you. Pretty simple.

Zackmorris
04-22-2013, 05:00 AM
He's still 85%

04-22-2013, 05:41 AM
Basketball belongs to the Brothas.

Lin should quit and work for an accounting firm.

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 06:32 AM
He's not aggressive though. I'm not bemoaning the lack of production. I'm bemoaning the lack of passion. He's not driving and getting killed. He's not shooting without hesitation. There is no flow to the game. Jeremy Lin not playing within the rhythm of the game and slowing things down is worthless.

he needs to play his game and if McHale sits his ass down so be it but this half in half out doesn't work.
the playoffs are a different beast, not everyone can handle it.

PistolPete44
04-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Bricksanity

Hoopz2332
04-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Lin is average at best:oldlol:

niko
04-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Everyone forget that Lin torched OKC for 29 points in their last game including some HUGE clutch 3 point daggers near the end?

It's his VERY first playoff game, on the road, against a MONSTER OKC game.

EVERYONE on the Rockets played like crap with the exception of Beverley.

ONE game. I know some of you are just trolling, but this is getting ridiculous.
Yes, but he has to play more aggressively. He didn't play badly because he missed shots, or made turnovers. he played badly because he barely tried to do anything. this isn't a troll thread, this is more a plea because what i saw yesterday wasn't fun to watch.

Go down swinging, not like that.

bagelred
04-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Got to cut Lin some slack. He's not a superstar. There is only so high his game is going to go. First playoff game ever.

Even the stupendous Chris Copeland struggled in his first playoff game. Happens to the best of 'em.

Mr Exlax
04-22-2013, 08:39 AM
When real defense appears, Linsanity disappears. This is exactly what I expected to happen.

I don't know how this didn't end the thread.

knickscity
04-22-2013, 08:42 AM
It's his first playoff game, he should play better in the next, as he can't possibly play worse.

The main concern is there are two pg's on the team that is at least his equal on the bench, and both outplayed him in far less minutes.

NewYorkNoPicks
04-22-2013, 08:52 AM
It's because Melo is holding him ba......

oh wait

HaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Yesss jab away at those fools! Where are they at?!? Can Melo exist with Lin? How about can Lin exist with any coach other than Mike Dantoni?

Haymaker
04-22-2013, 09:00 AM
I dunno why Morey was so desperate to sign Lee when he had Dragic and Lowry in his roster. Marketing, I guess.

jzek
04-22-2013, 09:02 AM
I think we're finally realizing now what many realized before --- Linsanity was a fluke and he's really just a glorified backup. Rockets play better when Beverley is on the floor.

RIP Linsanity. :cry:

steve franchise
04-22-2013, 09:40 AM
I dunno why Morey was so desperate to sign Lee when he had Dragic and Lowry in his roster. Marketing, I guess.

Lowry was acting like a bitch so Morey shipped his ass. The pick Houston got from Toronto was used in the Harden deal. Now Dragic I have no idea. I would take Dragic and his contract over Lin's any day of the week.

wagexslave
04-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Lin is average at best:oldlol:
Lin is average? Damn standards for PGs have dropped so far off lately. Lin is garb

Burgz V2
04-22-2013, 10:33 AM
because Lin is best in a spread pick and roll, they don't do that much in Houston. They used on ball screens with Harden way more than him.

Their offense is a dribble penetration offense, very similar to Denver's. He just can't blow by more athletic defenders that's not his game.

Beverly is quick as a hiccup and a good defender too so its understandable why McHale likes him so much in his offense. He can get in the paint and collapse the defense without bringing his bigs away from the basket with on ball screens. I think that's what McHale really wants at the end of the day, makes sense when you have on of the best offensive rebounders in the game on your team.

Iceberg Slim
04-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Lin has been absolutely horrible the past few games.

KungFuJoe
04-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Yes, but he has to play more aggressively. He didn't play badly because he missed shots, or made turnovers. he played badly because he barely tried to do anything. this isn't a troll thread, this is more a plea because what i saw yesterday wasn't fun to watch.

Go down swinging, not like that.

I hear you, but people are acting like it's JUST Lin that played like a ***** that night. Everyone was nervous, with the exception of Harden and maybe Asik, who is a beast, but let's face it..he'll never be a force on offense. Smith was ALL nerves the ENTIRE game. Chandler scored something like 9 points...and made some stupid fouls. Delfino still hasn't looked the same since he missed all those games recently. Even Beverley, who played well, was nervous...he threw the ball into the stands on one play and even when he got that NICE rip on Jackson, he missed the layup SO badly, it didn't come close to hitting rim (lucky for him Parsons was there for the put back dunk).

The whole team was just rattled and that shit spreads like wildfire. I'd blame the coach, but as bad as McHale has been all year, that's just beating a dead horse.

Regarding Lin, he played like SHIT. There's no sugar coating that. When his outside jumper wasn't falling (and some of them just barely rimmed out) I knew he was gonna struggle because he can't drive at will against a good shot blocking team (he struggled with DH in the Laker game).

What irks me is when people rip on him, calling him a scrub, for ONE bad game...talking about "I always knew he sucked!".

This month, through 9 regular season games, he averaged nearly 18ppg, 7apg and his TOs were only at 2.6pg. It was his best month of the year so far. Lin isn't declining...he's getting better. Playoffs are a different beast and he's going up against a MONSTER team and people expect him to put up Linsanity numbers right from the getgo. ONE game.

Me, I'm curious to see how Lin responds. Everyone has a bad game. But how you respond shows a lot about your character. Lin has shown that he can rise up when the pressure is on him, even in the face of a coach that doesn't even seem to like him at all.

04-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Nice try azn boi... ^^^

basketball belongs to blacks.

azns be leavin ball alone to the brothaz.

Ballin095
04-22-2013, 05:49 PM
I hear you, but people are acting like it's JUST Lin that played like a ***** that night. Everyone was nervous, with the exception of Harden and maybe Asik, who is a beast, but let's face it..he'll never be a force on offense. Smith was ALL nerves the ENTIRE game. Chandler scored something like 9 points...and made some stupid fouls. Delfino still hasn't looked the same since he missed all those games recently. Even Beverley, who played well, was nervous...he threw the ball into the stands on one play and even when he got that NICE rip on Jackson, he missed the layup SO badly, it didn't come close to hitting rim (lucky for him Parsons was there for the put back dunk).

The whole team was just rattled and that shit spreads like wildfire. I'd blame the coach, but as bad as McHale has been all year, that's just beating a dead horse.

Regarding Lin, he played like SHIT. There's no sugar coating that. When his outside jumper wasn't falling (and some of them just barely rimmed out) I knew he was gonna struggle because he can't drive at will against a good shot blocking team (he struggled with DH in the Laker game).

What irks me is when people rip on him, calling him a scrub, for ONE bad game...talking about "I always knew he sucked!".

This month, through 9 regular season games, he averaged nearly 18ppg, 7apg and his TOs were only at 2.6pg. It was his best month of the year so far. Lin isn't declining...he's getting better. Playoffs are a different beast and he's going up against a MONSTER team and people expect him to put up Linsanity numbers right from the getgo. ONE game.

Me, I'm curious to see how Lin responds. Everyone has a bad game. But how you respond shows a lot about your character. Lin has shown that he can rise up when the pressure is on him, even in the face of a coach that doesn't even seem to like him at all.

Great post. What really irks me is how pathetic this Houston team's offense is. It's just isolation basketball. Kevin McHale depends way too much on harden, and I think as a whole it hurts the team.

Psycho
04-22-2013, 05:54 PM

That's not what my chinese comic books say.

http://static1.minitokyo.net/view/32/25/588782.jpg

305Baller
04-22-2013, 07:17 PM
I always knew Beverly had skills. He almost made the Heat a few times but was passed up.

outbreak
04-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Didn't 90% of the basketball world predict this? He was mediocre in NY once teams adjusted for him and he is mediocre now. He is at his ceiling and without being able to take a bucket load of shots he isn't anything special. Jason Terry at the time was right, if he or any other player was allowed to take the shots Lin took during linsanity they could put up crazy numbers too.

Sharmer
04-22-2013, 07:46 PM
JL has very little hang time these days, a lot of Asian players are like this. They have a quick first step back don't get much air time, therefore they can't adjust mid air and are bad at finishing at the ring.

I have no idea, how Patty Mills can't even get into the roster and why JL can be a starting point guard in this league.

KungFuJoe
04-22-2013, 08:00 PM
JL has very little hang time these days, a lot of Asian players are like this. They have a quick first step back don't get much air time, therefore they can't adjust mid air and are bad at finishing at the ring.

I have no idea, how Patty Mills can't even get into the roster and why JL can be a starting point guard in this league.

Then it's obvious you haven't seen him play otherwise you'd know that driving to the rim is his strength. He is ranked ninth in the LEAGUE on drives to the rim at roughly 8 per game and avgs 1.32points per drive which is equal to Tony Parker.

stevieming
04-23-2013, 03:38 PM
OKC and Miami are the worse teams to play for jeremy, as he likes to try dangerous "homerun" passes as Mchale calls them, and OKC and Miami are so long and athletic they get picked off a lot, which makes jeremy look stupid.

I called it before the series, he needs to stop trying those passes (against OKC) and look for his shot more, as in drives and mid range Js, floaters, maybe even more threes...

Jeremy's will have one good game this series for sure, can't get worse than game one!!

People calling Jeremy chinese Derek fisher have got it all wrong....

Derek is a knock down shooter but pretty crap at creating, where as Jeremy is a poor shooter but great at creating....

niko
04-23-2013, 03:42 PM
OKC and Miami are the worse teams to play for jeremy, as he likes to try dangerous "homerun" passes as Mchale calls them, and OKC and Miami are so long and athletic they get picked off a lot, which makes jeremy look stupid.

I called it before the series, he needs to stop trying those passes (against OKC) and look for his shot more, as in drives and mid range Js, floaters, maybe even more threes...

Jeremy's will have one good game this series for sure, can't get worse than game one!!

People calling Jeremy chinese Derek fisher have got it all wrong....

Derek is a knock down shooter but pretty crap at creating, where as Jeremy is a poor shooter but great at creating....

Has anyone in the entire world ever said that even one time?

shoops
04-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Has anyone in the entire world ever said that even one time?
First page of this thread:

lin is basically a young, overpaid, chinese derek fisher right now.
Granted, the guy was basically a troll...but you get the idea

STATUTORY
04-23-2013, 04:40 PM
lettuce be real, Jeremy Lin cannot play in this league. guy spent all his time cramming them SAT books he needs to go attend AAU PG training camp this summer with Wiggins or something cause that's how far behind he is right now in term of handles and jumpshot. guy is lost out there.

niko
04-23-2013, 04:43 PM
First page of this thread:

Granted, the guy was basically a troll...but you get the idea
A troll posted one post and it's everyone calls him Derek Fisher? is everyone nuts?

KungFuJoe
04-23-2013, 04:43 PM
A troll posted one post and it's everyone calls him Derek Fisher? is everyone nuts?

Lin plays one bad playoff game and everyone says he sucks. Is everyone nuts?

Kujo
04-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Lin just looked totally shook in game 1. He was just awful. 1-7, 4 TO's. I'm surprised he even played 32 mins. I hope he can bounce back. It was his first playoff game. He can't be worse.

Ballin095
04-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Lin just looked totally shook in game 1. He was just awful. 1-7, 4 TO's. I'm surprised he even played 32 mins. I hope he can bounce back. It was his first playoff game. He can't be worse.

Inb4 he goes 0 for 9 with 5 turnovers.

KungFuJoe
04-23-2013, 06:27 PM

I was surprised McHale kept him in for so long. He did play Bevs more at the pg but with Lin shooting so cold, I thought Garcia should have seen more pt. he's been their best three point shooter for a while now.

Man what happened to Delfino? He has all but disappeared.

deja vu
04-24-2013, 12:47 AM
I think average might even be kind, at least if you're talking about starters. How many starters out there are worse than Lin is? I honestly can't think of five.
I can only think of Perkins and Joel Anthony. :lol

TheBigVeto
04-24-2013, 02:50 AM
I can only think of Perkins and Joel Anthony. :lol

And Kobe.

TrueRob
04-24-2013, 04:02 AM

What's going on with these two? :lol