PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's in game tweet full of irony and contrivedness

black&scholes
04-22-2013, 01:50 AM
This guy is just a huge attention whore. Bossing around your teammates while your on bed, and making coaching comments like he actually knows something.

Everything Kobe said was basically to post up more. Thanks Kobe, it's like no one in the world knew that the Lakers should post up before you pointed that out. That's great coaching advising. No one else thought that the most dominant frontcourt should post up more. Wow Kobe your so brilliant.

And also Kobe, where's the emphasis on posting up when you're playing?

9erempiree
04-22-2013, 01:54 AM
The Lakers definitely need to post up and I agree with Kobe.

If Kobe was still playing, they don't need to post up because Kobe's perimeter offense is way better than their interior offense.

Now that the best player on the team is hurt, your next best players are post players. It makes sense for them to post up now.

Coachbe.

AintNoSunshine
04-22-2013, 01:54 AM
No sh!t, dude is full of himself and a huge hypocrite, and calling yourself Coah Mamba?! I wonder what D'antoni thinks about that

TheBigVeto
04-22-2013, 01:55 AM
This guy is just a huge attention whore. Bossing around your teammates while your on bed, and making coaching comments like he actually knows something.

It's nothing new.

#tryingtosoundintelligentbe
#actingasifheknowsanythingaboutcoachingbe

dannysc305
04-22-2013, 01:56 AM
Makes me roud to be a LeBron fan :cheers:

9erempiree
No sh!t, dude is full of himself and a huge hypocrite, and calling yourself Coah Mamba?! I wonder what D'antoni thinks about that

Hypocrite? Kobe's right.

Read post #2.

:facepalm

dannysc305
It's nothing new.

#tryingtosoundintelligentbe
#actingasifheknowsanythingaboutcoachingbe

Fagbe

L8kersfan222
Apr 2013

9erempiree
04-22-2013, 01:58 AM
First it was "the Lakers lost because Kobe shot too much."

Now it's the Lakers lost because Kobe tweet too much.

OldSkoolball#52
04-22-2013, 01:59 AM
This guy is just a huge attention whore.

This sums it up.

His stans can try and deny it or justify it all they want. Kobe always has to bring attention to himself. With the way he plays (hogging the offense), the way he gives interviews (contrived 'warrior' personality gimmicks), and now the way he tweets. He wants to be always talked about and gushed over.

It's silly and ridiculous. He's too old to be actin like such a brat all the time. Maybe he'd have been better served if he spent a couple years in college learning a team philosophy instead of going straight to the star-oriented pros. :confusedshrug:

Either way, hes overrated.

black&scholes
04-22-2013, 02:00 AM

no one is saying lakers lost because kobe is tweeting idiot

9erempiree
04-22-2013, 02:03 AM
no one is saying lakers lost because kobe is tweeting idiot

So you made a thread bitching about Kobe's tweeting....really?

black&scholes
04-22-2013, 02:03 AM
So you made a thread bitching about Kobe's tweeting....really?

Yes I just did.

9erempiree
04-22-2013, 02:05 AM
This sums it up.

His stans can try and deny it or justify it all they want. Kobe always has to bring attention to himself. With the way he plays (hogging the offense), the way he gives interviews (contrived 'warrior' personality gimmicks), and now the way he tweets. He wants to be always talked about and gushed over.

It's silly and ridiculous. He's too old to be actin like such a brat all the time. Maybe he'd have been better served if he spent a couple years in college learning a team philosophy instead of going straight to the star-oriented pros. :confusedshrug:

Either way, hes overrated.

People care about Kobe tweeting. Just like I care and the OP caring too. He even made a thread about it.

You care too for posting about Kobe tweeting.

He doesn't do it for attention. You haters got suckered in for giving attention to it.

I am a fan, what's your excuse?

:oldlol:

longtime lurker
04-22-2013, 02:06 AM
Yeah post up because they don't have any perimeter threats which obviously isn't the case when Kobe is in the game you idiots. Contrary to popular belief the Lakers bigs their fair share of post up opportunities. But yes let's criticize the guy leading the team in assists...

9erempiree
04-22-2013, 02:07 AM
Yes I just did.

We all care. Including you.

I have been saying it all year, we are all fans of the Mamba.

:applause:

Fudge
04-22-2013, 02:07 AM
Definitely Apr 2013.

9erempiree
04-22-2013, 02:08 AM
Yeah post up because they don't have any perimeter threats which obviously isn't the case when Kobe is in the game you idiots. Contrary to popular belief the Lakers bigs their fair share of post up opportunities. But yes let's criticize the guy leading the team in assists...

Don't mind the idiots on here.

They are basically proof that hookers should practice safe sex.

dbk123
04-22-2013, 02:12 AM

why are you still posting? You said you would leave now that kobes gone

9erempiree
04-22-2013, 02:14 AM
why are you still posting? You said you would leave now that kobes gone

He's tweeting during games now, so it's like he's playing.

I'm back full time now.

dbk123
04-22-2013, 02:16 AM

I'm back full time now.
so i guess it was kobes fault for todays loss then

AintNoSunshine
04-22-2013, 02:18 AM
Hypocrite? Kobe's right.

Read post #2.

I'll get more out of looking at a toilet for 10 minutes than reading any of your kobe stans' posts

TheBrewer
04-22-2013, 02:19 AM

Someone wave the dumbass flag at this post.... Do you think there's only one coach on each team? there are defensive coaches, assistant coaches etc.

STFU now

9erempiree
04-22-2013, 02:21 AM
I'll get more out of looking at a toilet for 10 minutes than reading any of your kobe stans' posts

Thanks for taking the time out of your night to read.

chazzy
04-22-2013, 02:22 AM
Haters can't talk about his game anymore so they focus on his internet activity. lol

Doranku
04-22-2013, 02:22 AM
April 2013 strikes again. :facepalm

The-Legend-24
04-22-2013, 02:32 AM
Gotta love haters. :oldlol:

AirFederer
04-22-2013, 02:34 AM
:lol :lol

"Post. Post. Post," Bryant, sidelined with a torn Achilles, tweeted in reference to the Lakers' offense.

"Yea, that's what we did," D'Antoni said when asked about Bryant's tweet. "It's great to have that commentary."

oh the horror
04-22-2013, 02:37 AM
Haters can't talk about his game anymore so they focus on his internet activity. lol

Basically. Because really, complaining about his tweets now is just ....hell, I don't even know how to describe that level of ridiculousness.

tazb
04-22-2013, 02:40 AM

Everything Kobe said was basically to post up more. Thanks Kobe, it's like no one in the world knew that the Lakers should post up before you pointed that out. That's great coaching advising. No one else thought that the most dominant frontcourt should post up more. Wow Kobe your so brilliant.

Was going to post this in the game thread. :applause: he loves them 30 for 30 nights.

OldSkoolball#52
04-22-2013, 02:50 AM
Basically. Because really, complaining about his tweets now is just ....hell, I don't even know how to describe that level of ridiculousness.

Hes a basketball star, and this is a basketball message board. If he does corny things its gonna get talked about.

The way hes carried on through facebook and twitter since his injury is absolutely embaressing. If you werent a stan youd be able to realize that. Do you really think all the people here who gripe about kobe as a player or as a personality are just arbitrarily 'out to get him'?? its just a fact that he's a cornball, an attention wh0re, and a really selfish player. So if you aren't a so-called "laker" (kobe) stan its pretty easy to see.

but im sure when they release the inevitable documentary that details his recovery from injury in some corny, 'relentless hero warrior' context, you will be the first in line to buy it and absolutely eat up every contrived word of it. you love to pretend the guy is a living legend, hes more competitive than other nba players, plays hurt more than anyone else can, is more fearless and clutch, and all these sorts of traits.... when the truth really is just that he's more of a self-serving ballhog than anyone else, and those are the alternative ways you choose to characterize it.

Mrofir
04-22-2013, 03:12 AM
Hes a basketball star, and this is a basketball message board. If he does corny things its gonna get talked about.

The way hes carried on through facebook and twitter since his injury is absolutely embaressing. If you werent a stan youd be able to realize that. Do you really think all the people here who gripe about kobe as a player or as a personality are just arbitrarily 'out to get him'?? its just a fact that he's a cornball, an attention wh0re, and a really selfish player. So if you aren't a so-called "laker" (kobe) stan its pretty easy to see.

but im sure when they release the inevitable documentary that details his recovery from injury in some corny, 'relentless hero warrior' context, you will be the first in line to buy it and absolutely eat up every contrived word of it. you love to pretend the guy is a living legend, hes more competitive than other nba players, plays hurt more than anyone else can, is more fearless and clutch, and all these sorts of traits.... when the truth really is just that he's more of a self-serving ballhog than anyone else, and those are the alternative ways you choose to characterize it.

On a roll - best new member, welcome.

I have a lot respect for what Kobe's accomplished in his career, but this tweeting and coaching stuff is pretty pathetic if you ask me. There are players and there are coaches. If you are an injured player, you root for your team and that is it. If you have something to text Pau Gasol, go ahead and do it on your own time, but to publicly "coach" the team on twitter is total nonsense and really is evidence of a selfish and somewhat clueless personality. Why else would someone coach the team on twitter, other than a desperate attempt to divert attention back to himself? It's a public forum. Do real coaches use twitter to coach? Does he not have his teammates phone numbers? Even if coaching was a reasonable thing for him to do, which it is not, he should be satisfied doing it away from the public eye. Would save some embarrassment for everyone. Starting to become convinced that Kobe will not be able to transition into the twilight of his career. If he comes back from this injury expecting to be the #1 option things are going to get ugly in LA.

MJ(Mean John)
04-22-2013, 03:15 AM

Man you're a f.aggot.

It amazes me how one man can be on your mind soo much. Let it go Man. Let it go. He's not playing anymore. You're the attention w.hore who keeps kobe on your mind all day

longtime lurker
04-22-2013, 03:18 AM

I have a lot respect for what Kobe's accomplished in his career, but this tweeting and coaching stuff is pretty pathetic if you ask me. There are players and there are coaches. If you are an injured player, you root for your team and that is it. If you have something to text Pau Gasol, go ahead and do it on your own time, but to publicly "coach" the team on twitter is total nonsense and really is evidence of a selfish and somewhat clueless personality. Why else would someone coach the team on twitter, other than a desperate attempt to divert attention back to himself? It's a public forum. Do real coaches use twitter to coach? Does he not have his teammates phone numbers? Even if coaching was a reasonable thing for him to do, which it is not, he should be satisfied doing it away from the public eye. Would save some embarrassment for everyone. Starting to become convinced that Kobe will not be able to transition into the twilight of his career. If he comes back from this injury expecting to be the #1 option things are going to get ugly in LA.

Shouldn't you be cheering for your new "favourite team" and posting about them(cough bandwagon fan) instead of always having Kobe on your mind?

Mrofir
04-22-2013, 03:20 AM
Man you're a f.aggot.

I've seriously never heard that or seen that posted here before. Incredible argument and analysis. You articulate yourself so well and use such an original rationale to bring your point home. \thread, seriously, wow.

Derivative
04-22-2013, 03:23 AM
Man you're a f.aggot.

It amazes me how one man can be on your mind soo much. Let it go Man. Let it go. He's not playing anymore. You're the attention w.hore who keeps kobe on your mind all day

your the ****** stupid **** sucking **** face, defending your kobe like a lover

Mrofir
04-22-2013, 03:25 AM
Shouldn't you be cheering for your new "favourite team" and posting about them(cough bandwagon fan) instead of always having Kobe on your mind?

lmao if you think that rooting for the Lakers this season makes anyone a bandwagon fan. More like kamikaze.

I tend to root for underdogs, and as a suns fan with nothing to watch this season, I was hoping Nash would get a ring. If Grant Hill had played more this season, I'd also be casually rooting for the Clippers, since he's also someone whom I have appreciation for with regards to his time as a Sun. I also like the nba, you know, not just one player. I'll be rooting for whoever can give the Heat a run for the money, and you know what, when the Heat win, I'll be impressed and I'll have fun watching. But you're funny.

FPJ
04-22-2013, 03:26 AM
I dont get it, the guy is just tweeting his thoughts, thats what twitter is for. You want him to shut up just because he's injured? Like him or hate him, he injured himself playing 40 mins a game to help push the Lakers into playoffs. He is the Lakers image and earned the right to say whatever he wants.

longtime lurker
04-22-2013, 03:27 AM
lmao if you think that rooting for the Lakers this season makes anyone a bandwagon fan. More like kamikaze.

I tend to root for underdogs, and as a suns fan with nothing to watch this season, I was hoping Nash would get a ring. If Grant Hill had played more this season, I'd also be casually rooting for the Clippers, since he's also someone whom I have appreciation for with regards to his time as a Sun. I also like the nba, you know, not just one player. I'll be rooting for whoever can give the Heat a run for the money, and you know what, when the Heat win, I'll be impressed and I'll have fun watching. But you're funny.

Yes rooting for the Lakers does make you a bandwagon fan because you wouldn't be rooting for them if Kobe was playing. Why don't you stick to talking about what Phoenix will do with yet another lottery pick instead of posting stupid shit all the time.

coin24
04-22-2013, 03:27 AM
Kobe haters confused what to do with there lives now:lol
Sad f@ggots can't stop themselves from making threads about the great lord mamba:roll:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-22-2013, 03:28 AM

I have a lot respect for what Kobe's accomplished in his career, but this tweeting and coaching stuff is pretty pathetic if you ask me. There are players and there are coaches. If you are an injured player, you root for your team and that is it. If you have something to text Pau Gasol, go ahead and do it on your own time, but to publicly "coach" the team on twitter is total nonsense and really is evidence of a selfish and somewhat clueless personality. Starting to become convinced that Kobe will not be able to transition into the twilight of his career. If he comes back from this injury expecting to be the #1 option things are going to get ugly in LA.

Wow! The spiderweb just keeps getting bigger and bigger ...

Mrofir
04-22-2013, 03:31 AM
Yes rooting for the Lakers does make you a bandwagon fan because you wouldn't be rooting for them if Kobe was playing. Why don't you stick to talking about what Phoenix will do with yet another lottery pick instead of posting stupid shit all the time.

actually ive been watching them all season and rooting for them to do well. :confusedshrug: I'm not really sure I understand the argument you're using to define bandwagon fan anyway, but.. wait why am i responding to you?

I get to do what i want, and you get to be mad at me

Mrofir
04-22-2013, 03:34 AM
Kobe haters confused what to do with there lives now:lol
Sad f@ggots can't stop themselves from making threads about the great lord mamba:roll:

do you know that you actually refer to another man, who has you know male reproductive parts, as a god?

great lord?

Are there any other dudes you call great lord? Or just Kobe?

I love it, the whole confused to do with their lives now argument, and you are one of the most consistent defenders, signing onto every thread to defend your great lord.

coin24
04-22-2013, 03:36 AM
do you know that you actually refer to another man, who has you know male reproductive parts, as a god?

great lord?

Are there any other dudes you call great lord? Or just Kobe?

I love it, the whole confused to do with their lives now argument, and you are one of the most consistent defenders, signing onto every thread to defend your great lord.

Haters stay mad:roll:

Mrofir
04-22-2013, 03:39 AM
Haters stay mad:roll:

this is how mad I am :D

btw go Lakers.. right?

AirFederer
04-22-2013, 03:45 AM
I?m sure Kobe believes he`s helping the team, but, does he really help?

It is not like it`s helping team chemistry...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20130422,0,4994534.column

[QUOTE]It was cool. It was insightful. It was a bold new testament to social media's ability to connect the commoner with royalty.

If you believe Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni's rolled eyes afterward, it was also annoying.

Mrofir
04-22-2013, 03:49 AM

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20130422,0,4994534.column

He has no respect for Pringles, that is for sure.

:hammerhead:

prepare for the bots

Derivative
04-22-2013, 04:09 AM

He has no respect for Pringles, that is for sure.

:hammerhead:

watch out your will be harassed by the kobe dick suckers

black&scholes
04-22-2013, 04:42 AM
kobe fans avoiding this thread like the plague

Kingwillball
04-22-2013, 04:50 AM
THe only thing I will say in his defense he worked so hard to make Playoffs and it has to KILL him he cant be playing right now and probably really hit him once Playoffs started so he was just keeping himself busy as his team was playing.

White Mamba
04-22-2013, 05:04 AM
People care about Kobe tweeting. Just like I care and the OP caring too. He even made a thread about it.

You care too for posting about Kobe tweeting.

He doesn't do it for attention. You haters got suckered in for giving attention to it.

I am a fan, what's your excuse?

:oldlol:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :applause:

unknowns8
04-22-2013, 05:53 AM

well said ... :applause:

dont forget the ESPN 24-hour "sports news" cycle ... each and every episode of sportscentre for a week will end with a 10 minute long "kobe tribute" higlights package which just shows the same highlights but with a different order/camera angle/caller every few days to make it seem like fresh content :facepalm :no: :mad: :rant

sportjames23
04-22-2013, 06:43 AM

I'm back full time now.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nash
04-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Well, it did end up annoying D'Antoni and Kobe ended up getting banned from tweeting anymore.

xoracle55
04-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Somebody should tell Kobe to stfu from twitter! Who does he think he is. He is so disrespectful to his teamates, the coach and the whole organization. What about just plain cheering and encouraging his teammates..

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 07:14 AM
He should just call players after the game even if he thinks that he needs to coach the team. tweeting about it is nothing other than a publicity stunt or a way to satisfy his ego.

He is a great player but he is either too immature or too smart as he knows that things like these help in building his brand image as a warrior who wants to help his team win even if he can't play when he can do it without tweeting about it and letting the whole world know about it.

Yankstar
04-22-2013, 07:27 AM
He should just call players after the game even if he thinks that he needs to coach the team. tweeting about it is nothing other than a publicity stunt or a way to satisfy his ego.

He is a great player but he is either too immature or too smart as he knows that things like these help in building his brand image as a warrior who wants to help his team win even if he can't play when he can do it without tweeting about it and letting the whole world know about it.

Kobe is a better coach then dantoni ever will be. He is just doing what is necessary to help people see he should be coaching the Lakers until they can find a replacement when he is back to match fitness. Everyone can see that Dwight and gasol are their only hope and they are mainly paint scorers. Dantoni can't get past the non stop perimeter shots. Coachbe we need you!
:bowdown: :bowdown:

UnbiasedGuy
04-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Kobe is a better coach then dantoni ever will be. He is just doing what is necessary to help people see he should be coaching the Lakers until they can find a replacement when he is back to match fitness. Everyone can see that Dwight and gasol are their only hope and they are mainly paint scorers. Dantoni can't get past the non stop perimeter shots. Coachbe we need you!
:bowdown: :bowdown:

A..

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 07:44 AM
By doing this he is making sure that he will never be able to coach a big star player if he ever wants to coach. that player would just tweet what team should do. I am pretty sure he will not coach after retiring and even if he does, he will do it for an year or two if he is bored with mediocre or bad results.players like kobe/jordan can't be great coaches even though they know a lot about the game.

I know a lot of NBA fans don't get it but a lot of this twitter/facebook thing is just to help in improving his brand image even more just like Michael Jordan's. Jordan's shoes aren't even great and yet he makes more than any active player just because of those shoes.
Lebron would probably start using twitter a lot more when he is nearing retirement so that his brand image helps him in making money even after his retirement. If i was an agent, i would tell the player i am working for to do the same.

LakersForlife
04-22-2013, 08:08 AM
kobe was right? they had no perimeter player/a player that can create his own show.only laker that can to that is kobe. OP is a phagot

diamenz
04-22-2013, 08:11 AM
niner - why so insecure?

clutchinho
04-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Its amazing some posters can rack up 200+ posts in less than half a month of posting, and end up saying nothing of worth at all

Foster5k
04-22-2013, 08:44 AM
By doing this he is making sure that he will never be able to coach a big star player if he ever wants to coach. that player would just tweet what team should do. I am pretty sure he will not coach after retiring and even if he does, he will do it for an year or two if he is bored with mediocre or bad results.players like kobe/jordan can't be great coaches even though they know a lot about the game.

I know a lot of NBA fans don't get it but a lot of this twitter/facebook thing is just to help in improving his brand image even more just like Michael Jordan's. Jordan's shoes aren't even great and yet he makes more than any active player just because of those shoes.
Lebron would probably start using twitter a lot more when he is nearing retirement so that his brand image helps him in making money even after his retirement. If i was an agent, i would tell the player i am working for to do the same.

The Kobe Haterade is strong with this one.

BBallZen83
04-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Kobe's tweets were annoying as hell yesterday, and the fact that ABC made it a bigger story than the actual game was even more annoying. Everyone knows that lebron has said some annoying shit on twitter in the past. All these fans praising Coachbe's tweets would have no problem in the past calling out Lebron. God I hate twit--ter.

jzek
04-22-2013, 09:46 AM
to be fair to kobe, he's not tweeting anything or posting anything on facebook. those are posted by his publicist.