PDA

View Full Version : history will remember that kobe won during lebrons prime. lebron won after kobes

kennethgriffin
04-22-2013, 02:38 AM
kobe got it done during years lebron won mvp and had 60 win teams

lebron got it done during years when the lakers were in a rebuilding mode with a new coach and a 16th,17th year kobe bryant

not as great IMO

che guevara
04-22-2013, 02:40 AM
Kobe won after Jordan retired

So Kobe sucks

kennethgriffin
04-22-2013, 02:41 AM
2000,2001,2002 = tim duncans prime

2008,2009 = lebron and wades prime

kobes titles have value

lebrons needed to wait for kobe to be done like jordan had to wait for magic/bird/isiah to fall off

tazb
04-22-2013, 02:42 AM
6 hall of famers though.

Mr. Jabbar
04-22-2013, 02:42 AM
everything about lebron is cheap, it just keeps adding up :applause:

keep-itreal
04-22-2013, 02:43 AM
Yeah because Kobe played against Lebron in a 7 game series before right?

MetsPackers
04-22-2013, 02:43 AM
History will remember you as the GOAT f@ggot

Who am I kidding nobody will remember you

kennethgriffin
04-22-2013, 02:45 AM
Yeah because Kobe played against Lebron in a 7 game series before right?

the fact isnt that lebron made the finals. its that he was in the league during his peek years on great teams and had a chance to stop kobe

kobe never had a chance to stop lebron from winning last year or this year... or any year from now on for that matter

his prime was 2003-2010

kobe beat guys that beat lebron. thats worth just as much. lebron was a at his best and his best wasnt good enough to beat kobes best

thats what people will remember. that lebron needed the competition to go away for him to succeed

Breezy
04-22-2013, 02:46 AM

lebron got it done during years when the lakers were in a rebuilding mode with a new coach and a 16th,17th year kobe bryant

not as great IMO

A few facts.

1. You clearly have autism
2. Lebron James is currently better than Kobe bryant has ever been.
3. Barring Injury Lebron James will be vastly considered the superior player. IE: he will be ranked higher on most peoples lists.
4. No one outside of a fringe group of people trying to defend the indefensible will draw the conclusion you have drawn.

kennethgriffin
04-22-2013, 02:49 AM
A few facts.

1. You clearly have autism
2. Lebron James is currently better than Kobe bryant has ever been.
3. Barring Injury Lebron James will be vastly considered the superior player. IE: he will be ranked higher on most peoples lists.
4. No one outside of a fringe group of people trying to defend the indefensible will draw the conclusion you have drawn.

we know kobes best is better than lebrons best

lebron hit his prime back in 2008, 09, 10

kobe won during that time... his stats arnt even as good as they were back then IMO

tazb
04-22-2013, 02:49 AM
LeBron's last year playoff run > both of Kobe's playoff runs for the championship.

jaydacris
04-22-2013, 02:51 AM
lebrons a b!tch

scared to face kobe's prime so he enters league way later than kobe

Quickening
04-22-2013, 02:53 AM
History will remember that Kobe couldnt make the playoffs during his prime, which suggests he got carried to titles... this is backed up by his lack of MVPs, getting a token one.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-22-2013, 02:54 AM
Same shit different day. What the hell is wrong w/ you OP? :lol

AintNoSunshine
04-22-2013, 02:54 AM
Actually history will remember Lebron as a top 3 player to ever step foot on a basketball court, while kobe will be pushed out of the top 10 after being there just briefly for 2 years.

When they're both retired:

1. jordan
2. kareem
3. lebron
4. bird
5. magic
6. wilt
7. russell
8. shaq
9. duncan
10. olajuwon

kennethgriffin
04-22-2013, 02:55 AM
lebrons a b!tch

scared to face kobe's prime so he enters league way later than kobe

lol@ people acting like lebron just hit his prime after 10 years in the league

:lol

kobe WON during lebrons PRIME

:lol he will always have that over lebron ahhaha

suck on it

RedMax
04-22-2013, 02:58 AM
Stupid argument considering they've never faced each other more than twice a year much less in a playoff series.

tazb
04-22-2013, 02:59 AM
lol@ people acting like lebron just hit his prime after 10 years in the league

kobe WON during lebrons PRIME

:lol he will always have that over lebron ahhaha

suck on it

Duncan and Wade WON during Kobe's PRIME. I guess Wade and Duncan are the undisputed GOATs.

MtMutombo
04-22-2013, 03:00 AM
Yes but he left that team bc they couldnt get it done... do you think people will conveniently forget that? Good luck getting people to forget lebron taking his talents to Miami.

This is dumb.

:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

Breezy
04-22-2013, 03:01 AM
we know kobes best is better than lebrons best

lebron hit his prime back in 2008, 09, 10

kobe won during that time... his stats arnt even as good as they were back then IMO

Lebron's last 4 seasons are all superior to any of kobe's so we all clearly know that that first statement is incorrect.

Luke Walton also won during those years, so did Ron artest and Pau gasol, and Dj. Mbenga. and Andrew Bynum. And everyone on the 2011 Dallas Mavericks.... None of them are better than Lebron James.

Even a lot of Laker Fans are starting to see the obviousness of the truth. I don't like it any more than you do but it's the truth. Some people even now are putting him above Kobe on the all time lists.. ( a bit premature if you ask me) Your fighting a losing battle. Kobe's great just not as good as LBJ, and neither of them are better than Jordan... It is what it is, deal with it.

RedMax
04-22-2013, 03:01 AM
Yes but he left that team bc they couldnt get it done... do you think people will conveniently forget that? Good luck getting people to forget lebron taking his talents to Miami.

This is dumb.

Your point? http://www.pngfaces.com/images/joomgallery/details/by_emotion_28/emoticon-smiley-confused_4/other-baby335-confused_20120504_1240648223.png

kennethgriffin
04-22-2013, 03:04 AM
Duncan and Wade WON during Kobe's PRIME. I guess Wade and Duncan are the undisputed GOATs.

Kobe WON .........TWICE .........during wades PRIME and THREE times during duncans PRIME

:lol :roll: :cheers:

:yaohappy:

Kingwillball
04-22-2013, 03:05 AM
U poor suckers are Sad.. Lebron >Kobe.. End of Story no matter how U want to twist it.

Lebron23
04-22-2013, 03:09 AM

This is dumb.

LeBron is almost 7 years younger than Kobe. Kobe was traded to the Lakers in the 1996 NBA Draft while LeBron was drafted by the lottery Cavaliers team.

If LeBron wins the championship this year he's going to surpass Kobe, and next year if he wins another title. The Comparison between LeBron and Kobe will be officially over.

kennethgriffin
04-22-2013, 03:09 AM
U poor suckers are Sad.. Lebron >Kobe.. End of Story no matter how U want to twist it.

how so? lol

proof please

kobe did more, and did it during lebrons prime

lebron did less, and did it after kobes prime. while ring chasing with 2 other hall of famers during their primes

this is too easy... every argument ends this way.. why even bother fighting?

RedMax
04-22-2013, 03:14 AM
how so? lol

proof please

kobe did more, and did it during lebrons prime

lebron did less, and did it after kobes prime. while ring chasing with 2 other hall of famers during their primes

this is too easy... every argument ends this way.. why even bother fighting?
Believe it or not, Lebron's career is NOT and has NEVER been tied to Kobe's. Their paths are different. Age difference is pretty wide, league experience 7 years apart. Never been in the same conference. The only thing Lebron and Kobe have in common is Nike.

You can keep trying to make yourself feel so good but in 2 years, nobody's going to be putting Kobe in the same sentence as Lebron. Hell people are already comparing Lebron to MJ straight up, disregarding Kobe's existence.

I can understand you trying to prove a point to everyone here though. You must feel really bad that Kobe isn't considered GOAT or even top 10 even after 5 rings. It hurts, I know.

Nevaeh
04-22-2013, 03:15 AM
Same shit different day. What the hell is wrong w/ you OP? :lol

Really man. These dudes were already bugged out, but now they've added retardation to the delusions.

Oh yeah OP, what's Lebron's record against Kobe-led teams again?

Mrofir
04-22-2013, 03:16 AM
LeBron is almost 7 years younger than Kobe. Kobe was traded to the Lakers in the 1996 NBA Draft while LeBron was drafted by the lottery Cavaliers team.

If LeBron wins the championship this year he's going to surpass Kobe, and next year if he wins another title. The Comparison between LeBron and Kobe will be officially over.

4 peat will make things interesting at the top. Just sayin..

Loooong way to go.

DuMa
04-22-2013, 03:18 AM
History will remember Lebron as the better player period.

dannysc305
04-22-2013, 03:20 AM

not as great IMO

LeBron didn't hit his prime until last year. If you think he was in his prime before that is just a testament to his greatness. You are a witness.

kennethgriffin
04-22-2013, 03:24 AM
LeBron didn't hit his prime until last year. If you think he was in his prime before that is just a testament to his greatness. You are a witness.

:roll:

2009 nba mvp

2010 nba mvp

2008 average = 30/8/7

2009 cavs = 66-16

:roll:

:biggums:

dannysc305
04-22-2013, 03:26 AM
2. Lebron James is currently better than Kobe bryant has ever been
]

FACT

retaxis
04-22-2013, 03:27 AM
History will remember you as the GOAT f@ggot

Who am I kidding nobody will remember you
story of kenneths life

kennethgriffin
04-22-2013, 03:28 AM
]

FACT

i dunno i havent seen lebron hit 12 threes in a game, average 50 for 2 weeks, 40 for a month, drop 80+ in a game or win back 2 back titles without another HOF side kick

sh*t i haven't even seen lebron win a real championship yet

RedMax
04-22-2013, 03:39 AM
i dunno i havent seen lebron hit 12 threes in a game, average 50 for 2 weeks, 40 for a month, drop 80+ in a game or win back 2 back titles without another HOF side kick

So we're going to assume Gasol is not a HOF? You're that ignorant? :biggums:

dannysc305
04-22-2013, 03:40 AM

Dude Lebron isnt the selfish ballhog Kobe is to put up volume scorer numbers. He dishing assist and grabbing board. Kobe never is was or will be the efficient triple double threat lbj is. He just gets his 30+ pts on 25+ shots while alienating teammates

Mrofir
04-22-2013, 03:43 AM
the key to winning this argument is to use the biggest font

dannysc305
04-22-2013, 03:52 AM
Phuck your numbers just use your eyes man it is obvious lebrons game was incomplete as a cav. Sure he won 66 and 2 mvp in cle but he also did in miami with the current 66 win season and upcoming mvp award. But it wasnt till the last 2years till he won the chip and developed his game with improved jumpshot 3 pt shooting post game efficiency leadership he has just reached his prime his prime wasnt regularseason success in cleveland with no jumper post game efficiency leadership etc and getting bounced im the2 round every year. It was his athletic prime,sure but not hus actual prime.

:biggums:[/QUOTE]

jcsrplumply
04-22-2013, 03:56 AM
I don't even know now which bandwagon to hop on.

dannysc305
04-22-2013, 03:56 AM
This thread and your responses in it just shows how insecure u r about kobe kenneth its pretty sad smh now tell me again with all the extra bs aside what is kobes record vs lebron straight up head to head? Ill wait...

Cali Syndicate
04-22-2013, 04:01 AM

Look at the teams in the Kobe's back to back. Outside of the Celtics, no other team was rolling deep with two HOF caliber players. Melo? Dwight? Lebron? Nope. And even with that 10 finals going to 7, Pau was a huge x-factor in winning that game. He alone grabbed more 2nd chance opportunities tahn the entire Celtics team.

Regardless if you think he will make it or not, during that 2-peat, Pau was without a doubt a premier big man. Was the perfect player for the triangle too. Doubt there are even a handful of bigs that could have made the same impacting transition into Phil's system like he did. Arguably outplayed Dwight in 09 and KG in 10. Not sure what more you could ask for.

Breezy
04-22-2013, 04:04 AM
when have i ever made a "kobe is better than lebron" thread?

all i do is state facts about each persons career. never actually used that sentance though. its not really something that has to be said

only lebron fans waste their time actually trying to say their opinion on whos better without actually presenting any reasoning other than "2 > 5" or some crap lol

Posted in here so we can consolidate this bullsh*t.

This very topic has no facts whatsoever "History will remember" that right there shows your manic depressive attempt to revive the corpse of the idea of Kobe's superiority.

Of course you've never used that exact sentence. If you just came right out and said it it would be instantly clear that you'd joined the ranks of the insane. But that is the point of nearly every one of your topics. You just dance around it so you have some level of plausible deniability when someone confronts you with the clear and present truth.

Just so there is no confusion I am not a lebron fan. I generally root against him and I hate it when people overrate him and claim he's the best in any given category. I am a realist though and it's clear to me and everyone else outside of a dwindling group of Kobe Bryant enthusiasts that he is head and shoulders the best player in the game.

bukowski81
04-22-2013, 04:09 AM
the fact isnt that lebron made the finals. its that he was in the league during his peek years on great teams and had a chance to stop kobe

kobe never had a chance to stop lebron from winning last year or this year... or any year from now on for that matter

his prime was 2003-2010

kobe beat guys that beat lebron. thats worth just as much. lebron was a at his best and his best wasnt good enough to beat kobes best

thats what people will remember. that lebron needed the competition to go away for him to succeed

Duncan won 3 titles while kobe was in his prime and kobe won only two

:bowdown: :bowdown: Duncan

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 04:38 AM
kobe is a great player but he is just not as good as lebron. i would have said that lebron isn't as good as kobe 2 years ago but lebron worked on his game and now lebron is better than prime kobe. only michael jordan and bobcats would take prime kobe over prime lebron(if this is his prime and he doesn't improve even more).
Also, history will remember that i raped your sister and she didn't even go to the police. i guess she really liked it.

dbk123
04-22-2013, 04:41 AM
If lebron gets atleast 3 rings he surpasses kobe imo. Imagine what would happen if he wins 5 straight though.... GOAT status

Bandito
04-22-2013, 09:30 AM
There a lot of IF there bub...

Joey3000
04-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Durant is better than Kobe. Not to mention he has westbrook with him. Beating this stacked thunder team is impressive enough to me.

Sd to break it to you but both Lebron is already better than Kobe ever was. And Durant might already have surpassed prime Kobe in terms of pure talent.

#number6ix#
04-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Where was Kobe when lbj made the finals in 07

lilgodfather1
04-22-2013, 09:56 AM
I didn't know Kobe won a title this year, next year, and the next three after that? LeBron's just entered his prime. We'll remember how amazing LeBron's 6 year prime is, while we remember Kobe chucking up bricks, and blowing a 3-1 series lead against the Suns during the one year he might have an argument for being the best player in the league.

Ne 1
04-22-2013, 10:24 AM
I didn't know Kobe won a title this year, next year, and the next three after that? LeBron's just entered his prime. We'll remember how amazing LeBron's 6 year prime is, while we remember Kobe chucking up bricks, and blowing a 3-1 series lead against the Suns during the one year he might have an argument for being the best player in the league.

History will remember that prime/peak LeBron lost 3 straight years with home-court advantage and got outplayed by a 33 year old bench player in the Finals. :lol

Bandito
04-22-2013, 10:25 AM
History will remember that prime/peak LeBron lost 3 straight years with home-court advantage and got outplayed by a 33 year old bench player in the Finals. :lol
Don't forget get owned/choke agaisnt the "mighty" defense of Marion and outscored by Jason Teerrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy!:facepalm

I.R.Beast
04-22-2013, 10:34 AM
LeBron's last year playoff run > both of Kobe's playoff runs for the championship.
no it wasn't....lmao... the boxscore maybe..

livinglegend
04-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Why so insecure?
http://old.rumahfilm.org/images/joker01.gif

asdf1990
04-22-2013, 11:06 AM
History will Remeber how Kobe couldn't make it the playoffs in his prime and web he did he quit on his team. Then history will Remeber how he wanted to be traded then they got gasol for a bag of chips. Then history will Remeber Kobe won 5* rings all carried by dominant big men an refs. Lastly history will Remeber Kobe's only MVP was a sympathy MVP stolen from cp3

NBAller
04-22-2013, 11:11 AM
i'd rather watch paint dry than try to reason with a airhead.

they'll win every time via experience.

KG215
04-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Kobe WON .........TWICE .........during wades PRIME and THREE times during duncans PRIME
And Duncan WON....THREE times in Kobe's PRIME

HardwoodLegend
04-22-2013, 12:50 PM

:lol :roll: :cheers:

:yaohappy:

It's fun watching the Kobe groupies descend into madness in these coming days. Resorting to using grossly inflated font size to try and get their point across.

Shaq won 3 times during Duncan's prime, not Kobe. He was the big man down low battling it out and dominating.

sportjames23
04-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Part of the reason I come here is for the lulz, provided most of the time by stans like kenneth and 9. :lol

Solefade
04-22-2013, 01:09 PM
LeBron took this squad to the finals: http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html

Yes the East was weaker but LeBron single handedly carried them through a championship caliber Detroit team.

Meanwhile,

Kobe got eliminated from the first round handily with Kwame and Smush but also had Lamar Odom and Phil.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2007.html

Lamar was clearly the best 2nd player between the two teams and also had Phil. My point is, there was a time where LeBron CLEARLY did better than Kobe with less.

JtotheIzzo
04-22-2013, 01:12 PM
History will also remember Kobe having a 34 win season during his prime and losing to Steve Nash two years in a row in the playoffs, during Kobe's prime.

History is not on Kobe's side here.

Leviathon1121
04-22-2013, 01:32 PM

Better then losing with home court advantage while being shut down by a 38 year old white point guard IMO.

duatjsghd
04-22-2013, 01:44 PM
bird>>> jordan

duatjsghd
04-22-2013, 01:45 PM
good logic buddy

Gotterdammerung
04-22-2013, 01:49 PM
This thread and your responses in it just shows how insecure u r about kobe kenneth its pretty sad smh now tell me again with all the extra bs aside what is kobes record vs lebron straight up head to head? Ill wait...

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n490/elcarnicerobutcher/gifs/waiting.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hGuTx-bvyk0/S0NZoFn0TyI/AAAAAAAACjs/soE9GWzPeow/s400/waiting.gif

2010splash
04-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Please... this is ridiculous. The lengths Kobe fans have to go to in order to make him appear as a better player than LeBron is ridiculous. LeBron is currently in his prime and Kobe poses absolutely no challenge (neither did he last season, when LeBron was in his prime and won it all).

LeBron in his prime is putting up the most dominant and efficient stats the game has ever seen while leading his team to all-time great winnings streaks/records and championships. And he's winning MVPs while doing so. Kobe's prime was good, yes, but really nothing compared to LeBron's. A few titles and several very poor shooting performances in those wins.

Let's just put it this way - we'll never somehow try to spin a 6/24 shooting performance in the playoffs/Finals into a positive for LeBron. That, however, for Kobe represents one of the most iconic moments of his career (winning his second straight title). When LeBron wins titles, we remember his 40/18/9 against the Pacers or his 45/15/5 at Boston in an elimination game. And I'm sure we'll have several more this year too.

LeBron is far superior to Kobe. It's insane that people think the comparison is even close anymore.

ripthekik
04-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Let's just put it this way - we'll never somehow try to spin a 6/24 shooting performance in the playoffs/Finals into a positive for LeBron. That, however, for Kobe represents one of the most iconic moments of his career (winning his second straight title). When LeBron wins titles, we remember his 40/18/9 against the Pacers or his 45/15/5 at Boston in an elimination game. And I'm sure we'll have several more this year too.

Lol.. talk about Finals and Lebron and we'll always remember something else.

clayton
04-22-2013, 02:11 PM
It's the Jordan thing all over again. Jordan only won after Bird's done. LeBron with dat same opportunist mindset.

chosen_wun
04-22-2013, 02:49 PM
It may be true, but Shaq could only win after Jordan was done ... and LeBron is having a GOAT prime like Shaq did. That's all that people will remember.

lpublic_enemyl
04-22-2013, 02:49 PM
It's the Jordan thing all over again. Jordan only won after Bird's done. LeBron with dat same opportunist mindset.
lol :facepalm he came into the league later than kobe what do u expect?

2010splash
04-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Lol.. talk about Finals and Lebron and we'll always remember something else.
Yeah, a 28/10/7 on 47 FG% series average with a triple double in the final game.

And God knows what he's going to do this year also. I'm thinking something to the tune of 30/11/10 on 60% FG

kennethgriffin
04-22-2013, 02:54 PM
lol :facepalm he came into the league later than kobe what do u expect?

dont give me that crap...

lebron had his own team built around him by 2004

kobe had his own team built around him by 2005

lebron had a contending team by 2007

kobe didnt have a contending team till 2008

lebron had 65 win season teams by 2009

kobe won the title that year

and won it again the year after that ( both during lebrons mvp years ) and you dont win mvp unless you're on a contender

lebron had more time, more oppurtunities and a team that was favorites... he failed. kobe won during lebrons prime

lebron needs a ring chasing asterisk team just to win AFTER kobes already finished lol

chosen_wun
04-22-2013, 02:57 PM
dont give me that crap...

lebron had his own team built around him by 2004

kobe had his own team built around him by 2005

lebron had a contending team by 2007

kobe didnt have a contending team till 2008

lebron had 65 win season teams by 2009

kobe won the title that year

and won it again the year after that ( both during lebrons mvp years ) and you dont win mvp unless you're on a contender

lebron had more time, more oppurtunities and a team that was favorites... he failed. kobe won during lebrons prime

lebron needs a ring chasing asterisk team just to win AFTER kobes already finished lol

:lol:biggums:

Michael_Wilbon
04-22-2013, 03:04 PM
As a person who likes Kobe more than I like LeBron...LeBron will easily go down as the better player and he is a better player now than Kobe ever was. This thread is stupid.