PDA

View Full Version : Melo deserves MVP this year

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 11:04 AM
He got the 2 seed in the east with JR smith as his team's second best player.

Durant had Russell Westbrook, a fellow top 10 player in the league IMO and Lebron had Wade AND Chris Bosh AND Ray Allen.

Melo's season is more impressive. Should get MVP but he won't because the media hates him.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Wow Kobe-stans desperately don't want LeBron to be mvp. He's going to win. Deal with it.

kNicKz
04-22-2013, 11:08 AM
agreed

Trollsmasher
04-22-2013, 11:11 AM
I love how people are still pointing out Ray Allen as some over the top addition, when in fact he is a 10 ppg scorer with the worst defense on the team.

pegasus
04-22-2013, 11:12 AM
That's what I've been saying. Melo and even Kobe deserved it more than Lebron and Durant.

NY's second best player was hurt most of the season, and their third best player comes off the bench. And all of their other bigs missed several games, and so did Kidd, Felton, Prigioni, and Shumpert. Plus they struggled mightily when Melo was out, and that's the clear sign of being MVP.

Lebron got outplayed by Wade during their winning-streak, yet he gets most of the credit because he's become a media-darling again. And they didn't miss either one of them when they were out, and just kept winning.

MVP: Best stat-padder on the most stacked team of all time.:applause:

TheMarkMadsen
04-22-2013, 11:12 AM
If Lebron would have averaged 39 ppg for the last month of the season while leading his team on a win streak and getting back that 2 spot without his 2nd best player we would have never heard the end of hit, the media would have went nuts.

Melo does it & nobody seems to care

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Lebron is the MVP. Get over it kids.

krazymofo
04-22-2013, 11:14 AM
hahaha good one op. Let that jelly flow

flashway
:facepalm LeBron is the MVP...

End/

Clutch
LeBron is clearly the best player in the league but I think Melo deserves MVP.

Just like Derrick Rose won it even despite he wasn't the best player in the league or probably even top3.

pegasus
04-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Plus he and his team raped the Heat several times this season. What more did he need?

flashway
04-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Plus he and his team raped the Heat several times this season. What more did he need?
:wtf: the Pacers raped the Knicks twice, does Paul Geroge deserve MVP too?

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 11:17 AM
I am new here. are mr. jabbar, ripthekik and Nick Young the same people with alternate accounts? they post same thing over and over and then call themselves rational basketball fans. No wonder everyone hates lakers and heat fans.You both deserve each other.

MELOgamaniac
04-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Agree...in a season where the everybody expected nets or boston to win divison the knicks shut everybody else and won. Knicks had numerous injuries and people laughed at our age and we still got second seed because of him and the whole team revolves around him. Nobody but knicks fans expected this and still he gets no respect and neither does the knicks...He should be in top 3 in MVP voting if not the MVP at all.

coin24
04-22-2013, 11:18 AM
If Lebron would have averaged 39 ppg for the last month of the season while leading his team on a win streak and getting back that 2 spot without his 2nd best player we would have never heard the end of hit, the media would have went nuts.

Melo does it & nobody seems to care

This.

Take melo away and the knicks suck. Take Lebron off the heat and they still win 60 games:lol yeah, MVP :rolleyes:

pegasus
04-22-2013, 11:19 AM
:wtf: the Pacers raped the Knicks twice, does Paul Geroge deserve MVP too?

I said "Plus", as in "in addition to what I wrote earlier". If you can make the same argument for Paul George, go ahead and do it. Granger was out, yes, but that's part of the reason PG was able to shine this season. And they were healthy other than him.

Big Cheese
04-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Lebron has played better and has had the better season... thats why hes getting the MVP..

that 27 game winning streak sealed it....

theBIGjabroni
04-22-2013, 11:21 AM
media is trying to push lefagggot down everyones throat. only seems to work on retarded little children though. most can see this guy is a bitch who takes shortcuts.

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 11:22 AM
media is trying to push lefagggot down everyones throat. only seems to work on retarded little children though. most can see this guy is a bitch who takes shortcuts.
is every lakers fan here 12 years old?

ThatsGame
04-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Melo hasn't been as consistently good as LeBron has. If LeBron wanted to, he could score just as many points if not more then Melo. He does more then that though.

Sumter15

The Knicks only beat a Lebron-led heat once with Carmelo, I believe. The knicks beat the Heat without Melo the second time, and Lebron didn't play the third time.

Bandito
I agree. Melo did a lot more with less than Durant or Lebron combined.

lebeast666
04-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Knicks didn't beat a healthy Heat without Melo?

A healthy Knicks don't need Melo much either. LeBron had the better season. Melo missed bunch of games and had a bad slump

Sumter15
04-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Melo probably has done the most with less. But Most Valuable Player doesn't necessarily mean "most valuable to their team." Being the best factors in as well.

kurple
04-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Lebron is BY FAAAR the best player in the league. of course he should get the MVP

Melo stans are unbelievable. Knicks got the 2nd seed because the east suck ass

Melo knew what team he was going to (he knew Amare was gonna eat up most of the cap space). Durant and Lebron should not be blamed for Melo's mistake

20% trolling and 80% truth

kurple
04-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Knicks 3pt shooting should win the MVP before Melo, caus that is more valuable to the team

kNicKz
04-22-2013, 11:32 AM
2 posts in a row :roll:

emotional

Trollsmasher
04-22-2013, 11:35 AM
That's what I've been saying. Melo and even Kobe deserved it more than Lebron and Durant.

NY's second best player was hurt most of the season, and their third best player comes off the bench. And all of their other bigs missed several games, and so did Kidd, Felton, Prigioni, and Shumpert. Plus they struggled mightily when Melo was out, and that's the clear sign of being MVP.

Lebron got outplayed by Wade during their winning-streak, yet he gets most of the credit because he's become a media-darling again. And they didn't miss either one of them when they were out, and just kept winning.

How did he get outplayed?:biggums:

Michael_Wilbon
04-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Knicks 3pt shooting should win the MVP before Melo, caus that is more valuable to the team

Nobody is saying that Melo is the better player. They're saying he was more important to the team's success. It's a valid argument. Wade and Bosh still could lead the Heat to the #1 seed without LeBron. The Knicks don't even make the playoffs without Melo.

You're still salty as f*ck :oldlol:

316MIA
04-22-2013, 11:38 AM
:facepalm the stans on this forum is incredible...

Kellogs4toniee
04-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Lebron clearly is the MVP this year. His numbers and especially the efficiency are incredible and destroy Melo's efficiency. Only thing Melo has on Lebron is the scoring and that's not even a big difference.

I do agree though that Melo deserves significant MVP consideration. It's closer than people think, and I DO believe that Melo deserves it more than KD this year. This is coming from a huge Durant fan with a disliking of Lebron and Melo. Post all-star break, Melo literally willed his team to wins in a handfull of games.

But alas... consideration if all Melo deserves. Not really his fault, it's just Lebron is having arguably his best year.

AintNoSunshine
04-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Wow Kobe-stans desperately don't want LeBron to be mvp. He's going to win. Deal with it.
yup its clear as daylight. op just give up. you kobe stans are as pathetic as you are desperate

kshutts1
04-22-2013, 11:41 AM
My vote for MVP is John Wall... Wizards were by far the worst team in the league without (something like 5-28) and in the playoffs with him (24-25).

Melo, though, has a legit case, as well.

Mind you, Lebron is by far the best player in the league, but because of the makeup of their respective teams, Lebron is not as valuable. As other posters have said, Heat would still be the first seed in the East without Lebron. So the regular season value (it's a reg season award, after all) that Lebron brings to the Heat is increasing their first-place lead from 5 games to 12 games (or whatever it is)?

kNicKz
04-22-2013, 11:42 AM
The only reason Lebron has high efficiency is because he has multiple options to pass to. He chooses when and when not to shoot. Melo doesn't have that luxury. If he's not shooting at an extremely high volume the Knicks aren't going to win. Copeland and and Shumpert are not going to get buckets :facepalm

Stat nerds don't even watch the game

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 11:42 AM
2 posts in a row :roll:

emotional
This is why no one wants knicks to win anything. you guys would be worse than lakers/heat trolls.Given the fact that new york is bigger, there'd be a lot more trolls if knicks win anything. you guys are already cocky because you guys are second seed and have scoring champ on your team, just imagine how much shitposting would happen if knicks even reach the conference finals and lose in 7 to heat.

Everyone makes fun of knicks because they deserve it. it is not like knicks have been in conference finals 3-4 times in last decade. given that knicks are in probably the biggest market, there is no excuse for knicks to have done this badly. Until knicks do great in post season, the hate is justified and knicks fan should not expect anything else. Heat got crucified for losing in finals in their first year and knicks fans want respect for having seventh best record in league.

arifgokcen
04-22-2013, 11:43 AM

Dude i dont understand this.I know you are one of the trolls but why contradict yourself.Even as a troll you should have some respect.

Around mid season i distinctly remember you talking about heat.You said they are not gonna win they are not good enough.Why 360 turn.

I mean are they the most stacked team of all time or not decide!!!

Fox
04-22-2013, 11:44 AM
No he doesn't.

kNicKz
04-22-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm not responding to someone with the username roseACL :facepalm

dafuq is that shit

Sarcastic
04-22-2013, 11:46 AM

Get over it already. You sound like an emotional bitch.

ZHAKIDD532
04-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Have Melo and Lebron switch teams. I think the Knicks get better and the Heat get worse.

jimmy77x
04-22-2013, 11:47 AM
My vote for MVP is John Wall... Wizards were by far the worst team in the league without (something like 5-28) and in the playoffs with him (24-25).

Melo, though, has a legit case, as well.

Mind you, Lebron is by far the best player in the league, but because of the makeup of their respective teams, Lebron is not as valuable. As other posters have said, Heat would still be the first seed in the East without Lebron. So the regular season value (it's a reg season award, after all) that Lebron brings to the Heat is increasing their first-place lead from 5 games to 12 games (or whatever it is)?

Why do the lebron d!ckriders refuse to accept this? We know he is the best player in the league but that doesn't mean he should win MVP every year because of it, his team would still be a top 3 seed without him. MJ would have 10 MVP'S if they just handed it to whoever is the best in the league at the time.
But no one really has a chance because lebron is the darling of the nba and the media (BSPN) rides his cawk like no other.

Solefade
04-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Nobody is saying that Melo is the better player. They're saying he was more important to the team's success. It's a valid argument. Wade and Bosh still could lead the Heat to the #1 seed without LeBron. The Knicks don't even make the playoffs without Melo.

You're still salty as f*ck :oldlol:

Even if this is true, the bottom line is LeBron was the best player this season and consistently performed at a higher level than everyone else. He broke the record for having 30+ PPG, while shooting better than 60% and average 7 assists DURING the streak. Any objective fan would realize this.

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 11:53 AM
I love how people are still pointing out Ray Allen as some over the top addition, when in fact he is a 10 ppg scorer with the worst defense on the team.
What other team has a roleplaying shooting guard that is one of the top 5 long distance bombers of all time?:confusedshrug:

Trollsmasher
04-22-2013, 11:53 AM
If Melo is so important to the Knicks, how is it it that LeBron is required to do so much more for the Heat?

kNicKz
04-22-2013, 11:54 AM
LeBron is required to do so much more for the Heat?

What does Lebron do more? Pass the ball? To his loaded options?

kurple
04-22-2013, 11:56 AM
NWade and Bosh still could lead the Heat to the #1 seed without LeBron.
that's my point. east is ****ing trash. no one should get the MVP for leading his team to the #2 seed in the east

Give the MVP to Harden, cuz Houston would contend for the 1st pick without him.

classic knicks fans calling me mad and salty. I'm rooting for the NY Nuggets. Meeting Melo in the finals would be awesome

but he aint the MVP. no way

The only reason he's even talked about as MVP is because he's in NY with the big market. That might be the only thing I'm mad about, that he didnt get this hype when he was in Denver

NY fans called him a loser and ****** when he was in Denver, and now he's the MVP? get real

Trollsmasher
04-22-2013, 11:57 AM
What other team has a roleplaying shooting guard that is one of the top 5 long distance bombers of all time?:confusedshrug:

And Steve Blake has been shooting them better this season on similiar volume while not being such a defensive liability. You are all going by career resumes and refuse to ignore the present state of things.

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Melo hasn't been as consistently good as LeBron has. If LeBron wanted to, he could score just as many points if not more then Melo. He does more then that though.
It would be much easier for Lebron because he has Wade taking defensive attention and knockdown shooters Bosh and Allen spacing the floor for him.

Melo has JR smith.

ALSO Lebron loves stats. He doesn't want to score more because it means his shooting percentages would go way down. He has gone on record saying he consciously keeps track of his shooting percentage during games.

This can be seen in how he doesn't take half court last second end of quarter shots.

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 11:59 AM
If Melo is so important to the Knicks, how is it it that LeBron is required to do so much more for the Heat?
WTF are you talking about? DOnt let the ESPN media cloud your judgement. Actually watch games.

I.R.Beast
04-22-2013, 12:00 PM
it's easier to be consistently good when you have two other superstars to make it easier than everyone else has it. the Knicks are Melo or bust...he heat have 2 other players that can more than carry the load in james absence.

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 12:00 PM
And Steve Blake has been shooting them better this season on similiar volume while not being such a defensive liability. You are all going by career resumes and refuse to ignore the present state of things.
Stats stats stats.

So you'd really want Steve Blake taking these big time playoff shots instead of Ray Allen? Because of current stats? Really?:confusedshrug:

Trollsmasher
04-22-2013, 12:01 PM
What does Lebron do more? Pass the ball? To his loaded options?

Rebounds more, orchestrates the alltime offense great of his team, is the best defender on his team... I am not even talking about more delicate things.

And as far as I remember, Knicks lead the league in 3 pointers, so Melo can pass to his loaded offense too.

Difference is that he can't.

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 12:01 PM
The only reason Lebron has high efficiency is because he has multiple options to pass to. He chooses when and when not to shoot. Melo doesn't have that luxury. If he's not shooting at an extremely high volume the Knicks aren't going to win. Copeland and and Shumpert are not going to get buckets :facepalm

Stat nerds don't even watch the game
ok then. lets compare melo best year and lebron's best year in cleveland as according to you he has too much help in miami.I am going to take their best scoring year as melo is a scorer so this should favor melo.
Lebron 2007-08: 30 PPG, 48.4 fg%, 7.9 rebound/game,7.2 assists/game
Melo 2006-07: 28.9 ppg, 47.6 fg% ,6 reb/game, 3.8 assists/game
are you satisfied? melo's current numbers are worse than those denver numbers(he has shot 45% from field) so it is not like i am not picking his best year.
I am sure that i will not get a reply from you on this ever.

kNicKz
04-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Steve Blake taking a 3 over Ray

:roll:

http://i.imgur.com/zDcF7.gif

Trollsmasher
04-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Stats stats stats.

So you'd really want Steve Blake taking these big time playoff shots instead of Ray Allen? Because of current stats? Really?:confusedshrug:

No, but you are acting like Ray Allen is still in his form as the best 3 point shooter ever while he is nothing more than 10 points from bench which could have been scored by another player and a complete defensive liability.

DaSeba5
A lot of insecure people here. You know damn well Melo does not deserve the MVP, nor does he have any chance of getting it. I don't know why some of you keep making these MVP threads. Then you get mad when people don't agree with your outlandish statements.

Nick Young
Rebounds more, orchestrates the alltime offense great of his team, is the best defender on his team... I am not even talking about more delicate things.

And as far as I remember, Knicks lead the league in 3 pointers, so Melo can pass to his loaded offense too.

Difference is that he can't.
Does Melo play with Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh?

kurple
Those Denver teams were loaded with talent. But Melo isnt great at playing with other players that need the ball

this NY team is actually perfect for him.

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 12:05 PM
WTF are you talking about? DOnt let the ESPN media cloud your judgement. Actually watch games.
you should follow your own advice. do you really think those wide open 3's would be possible without lebron?

Ne 1
04-22-2013, 12:07 PM
LeBron said himself that that teaming up with Wade neither of them would win MVP playing together and that they conceded it in order to win titles.

I've said this since "the decision." LeBron nor Wade should not win MVP unless Miami is historically good and wins 70 games, or at least close to 70 games. When LeBron, Wade and Bosh colluded to join forces, everyone was projecting the team to win close to 70 games, or even surpass the '96 Bulls 72 game game record. But once again, like 2011 they ended up underachieving with worse records (in 2011) (and a record equal to in 2013) the Cavs in 2009 and 2010 when LeBron won back-to-back MVPs. So basically with a more talented team, LeBron once again like 2011 (when he rightfully didn't win) underachieved , and has not as good overall stats than he did in in Cleveland when he won MVPs. (27/8/7 this year 29/8/7 and 30/9/7 with the Cavs) Won't get into 2012 since that was a lock out season, so the MVP that season will just be a footnote like 1999.

DaSeba5
04-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Only on ISH do people criticize efficient team basketball. How dare LeBron pass to an open shooter! He should chuck up shots! There's a reason his "stacked" teammates are open.

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 12:08 PM
ok then. lets compare melo best year and lebron's best year in cleveland as according to you he has too much help in miami.I am going to take their best scoring year as melo is a scorer so this should favor melo.
are you satisfied? melo's current numbers are worse than those denver numbers(he has shot 45% from field) so it is not like i am not picking his best year.
Lebron has said repeatedly that he pads his stats on purpose.

Melo just plays for wins.

Stats are not the be all and end all of everything.

Monta Ellis is not a better scorer then Manu Ginobili because his stats say he is.

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Only on ISH do people criticize efficient team basketball. How dare LeBron pass to an open shooter! He should chuck up shots! There's a reason his "stacked" teammates are open.
Yep. Because Lebron is constantly on the floor at all times with another player who demands double teams as well.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-22-2013, 12:10 PM
I know Lakers and Bulls fans on this thread are just acting like retards because they desperately don't want Lebron to get it, but are you Knicks fans really this delusional? Why not give it to Harden then? He has easily done just as much, if not more, as Melo has and with less. MVP should go to the best player in the league. Just because it hasn't in the past doesn't mean it should continue that way.

And finally, the way some of you are willing to underrate some of your own team's players just to prop up your hero is embarrassing.

kNicKz

The stats don't reflect his impact. When Melo is double teamed he's not passing the ball to Pablo Prigioni, Marcus Copeland, or Tyson Chandler because they're not going to hit the shot. His 2nd option is a very sporadic JR

316MIA

Monta Ellis is not a better scorer then Manu Ginobili because his stats say he is.
Sources? If not any then stop posting...

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 12:11 PM
you should follow your own advice. do you really think those wide open 3's would be possible without lebron?
Do you think if D-Wade and Bosh weren't on the floor his teammates would be as wideopen as they are?

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 12:12 PM

i guess that is why he sits so many times when he is near triple double. just shut up. you don't like basketball, you just like the drama. if there is no drama, you like to create it in your mind so you can feel better. stick to reality shows and you will not need basketball.

And 1
No doubt Lebron is by far the best player in the league. But it's called most 'valuable' player for a reason. I'm not saying Melo will win it, but to say he doesn't deserve it in the slightest, is a joke.

Take away Lebron&Melo from their respective teams and the Heat finish above the (terrible) Knicks without a question. However, Put Melo in place of Lebron in Miami and they would not have been as dominant as they were.

In terms of who's more valuable, they're pretty close IMO :cheers: although I think Lebron has the edge for sure.

DaSeba5
Yep. Because Lebron is constantly on the floor at all times with another player who demands double teams as well.

The team is built around Wade and LeBron. The shooters just move around the perimeter or cut to the basketball. I mean Battier, 95% of the time, just stands in a spot for a possession yet he's always open. This doesn't discredit LeBron. Their offense is just very well run and efficient. Wade is a good passer too, but LeBron is head and shoulders above him in terms of the court vision. I'm not even a LeBron stan, but you can't discredit him for that. The team is built for him. He nearly averages a triple double almost every game. How can anyone not appreciate that?

And if he pads his stats, fine. They are winning. Who cares?

Nick Young
Sources? If not any then stop posting...
http://www.albany.com/byesline/check%20my%20stats2.jpg

Are you from Miami? Where are you from kid?

316MIA
04-22-2013, 12:13 PM
:lol @ Melo just plays for wins. It took him 10 seasons to finally play like he wants to win smh...

DaSeba5
04-22-2013, 12:15 PM
The stats don't reflect his impact. When Melo is double teamed he's not passing the ball to Pablo Prigioni, Marcus Copeland, or Tyson Chandler because they're not going to hit the shot. His 2nd option is a very sporadic JR

I'm still not seeing how that discredits LeBron. Melo is one of those players who would rather take the shot anyways. LeBron makes the right basketball decision, and people criticize him for being a team player. I don't understand it.

kNicKz
The team is built around Wade and LeBron. The shooters just move around the perimeter or cut to the basketball. I mean Battier, 95% of the time, just stands in a spot for a possession yet he's always open. This doesn't discredit LeBron. Their offense is just very well run and efficient. Wade is a good passer too, but LeBron is head and shoulders above him in terms of the court vision. I'm not even a LeBron stan, but you can't discredit him for that. The team is built for him. He nearly averages a triple double almost every game. How can anyone not appreciate that?

And if he pads his stats, fine. They are winning. Who cares?

The fact that he pads his stats on a regular basis isn't a problem but it is a problem when those stats are the only presented argument for MVP. He doesn't need to play 12 minutes in 4th quarter blowouts of the bobcats.

316MIA
http://www.albany.com/byesline/check%20my%20stats2.jpg

Are you from Miami? Where are you from kid?
:roll: :lol :lol I say post some sources and you post a picture of him with a shirt saying "check my stats" :wtf:

1. I'm older than you
2. Why does it matter where I'm from?

Trollsmasher
04-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Do you think if D-Wade and Bosh weren't on the floor his teammates would be as wideopen as they are?

Um, yes? The defense would still have to collapse on driving LeBron, otherwise he is going to easily finish, no matter who else is on the floor.

The only player who is getting double teamed is LeBron. Or are you really implying that teams are doubleteaming Bosh?

Solefade
04-22-2013, 12:16 PM

Just an observer here but based on all the comments I've seen from you, you sound like you haven't watched a single Heat game ever. Do you even have NBA League Pass, bro?

kNicKz
04-22-2013, 12:17 PM
The amount of alts making their first posts in this thread :roll:

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 12:18 PM
:roll: :lol :lol I say post some sources and you post a picture of him with a shirt saying "check my stats" :wtf:

1. I'm older than you
2. Why does it matter where I'm from?
Where are you from? Why are you scared to say? Ashamed? Have you ever been to Miami?:confusedshrug:

All Net
04-22-2013, 12:18 PM
:rolleyes:

kurple
04-22-2013, 12:19 PM
isn't it embarrasing not to know the name of the players on your own team? Marcus Copeland?

or is it difficult watching the game so far up melo's asshole?

melo got plenty of shooters to pass to. and that's what he likes the most

DaSeba5
04-22-2013, 12:19 PM
The fact that he pads his stats on a regular basis isn't a problem but it is a problem when those stats are the only presented argument for MVP. He doesn't need to play 12 minutes in 4th quarter blowouts of the bobcats.

So Melo should get MVP because he plays on a worse team and has to carry them more? LeBron may pad his stats at times, but I'd rather him be efficient and take quality shots then shoot 40% in a game. It's translated to a lot of wins. First time they've won 60+ games together. 2nd longest winning streak in NBA history. He's head and shoulders the best player in the NBA. That's how I view the MVP. Every team would trade their best player for LeBron.

Trollsmasher
04-22-2013, 12:20 PM
The amount of alts making their first posts in this thread :roll:

Even if I was an alt, my 60 posts would still be more valuable to this site than anything you ever posted:lol :hammerhead:

lilgodfather1
04-22-2013, 12:20 PM
LeBron's 2009-2010 stats are substantially better than that...

I get it you didn't want to destroy Melo, but if you're going to use their "best years" then use their best years.

29.7ppg, 8.6apg, 7.3rpg, .503 FG.

DaSeba5
04-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Their argument is lame. They are resorting to name calling and questioning people's fandom now. This debate is over.

kNicKz
04-22-2013, 12:23 PM
isn't it embarrasing not to know the name of the players on your own team? Marcus Copeland?

or is it difficult watching the game so far up melo's asshole?

melo got plenty of shooters to pass to. and that's what he likes the most

My bad for ****ing up the first name of a 28 y/o rookie that will be cut this summer :roll:

kNicKz
04-22-2013, 12:24 PM
So Melo should get MVP because he plays on a worse team and has to carry them more?

YES

it is the most VALUABLE player. He is more valuable to the Knicks than Lebron is to the Heat

Crafty
04-22-2013, 12:25 PM
The best player on the best team - Tony Parker argument
Team sucess - Derrick Rose argument

LeBron is clearly the MVP

Rose'sACL
LeBron's 2009-2010 stats are substantially better than that...

I get it you didn't want to destroy Melo, but if you're going to use their "best years" then use their best years.

29.7ppg, 8.6apg, 7.3rpg, .503 FG.
i was just considering scoring and then fg% as criteria because according to melo stans, scoring is all that matters and assists and rebounds should be removed from box score. of course, there is that other thing called the "eye test" that only people who hate lebron are capable of.

316MIA
Where are you from? Why are you scared to say? Ashamed? Have you ever been to Miami?:confusedshrug:
*sarcasm* yes I'm so ashamed...

HoopsFanNumero1
04-22-2013, 12:28 PM
YES

it is the most VALUABLE player. He is more valuable to the Knicks than Lebron is to the Heat

So if a superstar played for the Bobcats, he should automatically get the MVP each year?

kurple
04-22-2013, 12:28 PM
i have never been in denver. does it matter?

but i have been in Miami? what do i win?

kurple
04-22-2013, 12:29 PM
My bad for ****ing up the first name of a 28 y/o rookie that will be cut this summer :roll:
it says a lot

kshutts1
04-22-2013, 12:30 PM
So if a superstar played for the Bobcats, he should automatically get the MVP each year?

If said superstar increases the Bobcats win total from 20 to 40 or 50? Then yes. Just by virtue of being the best player on a bad team? No.

kNicKz
04-22-2013, 12:30 PM
it says a lot

About what? You can find me in MSG, you've never been to denver :roll:

do you even lift?

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 12:36 PM
*sarcasm* yes I'm so ashamed...
Seems like you are. Where are you from?

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Seems like you are. Where are you from?
where are you from?Your location is "swag" and you call others "kid" without knowing their age so i guess you're 10-14 yrs old.

kurple
04-22-2013, 12:40 PM
About what? You can find me in MSG, you've never been to denver :roll:

do you even lift?
it says that you dont know shit about basketball. you dont even know your own team. You are just here to talk shit

i wanna go to denver, but can you blame me for not spending 1000dollar on a airplane ticket?

do i lift what? weights? not as often as i wanna, but i'd still kick your ass :lol

HoopsFanNumero1
If said superstar increases the Bobcats win total from 20 to 40 or 50? Then yes. Just by virtue of being the best player on a bad team? No.

That would make sense but as far as I can recall, it usually goes to the best player or the best player on one of the best teams. Value is hard to debate against. Replace Melo with Lebron. Wouldn't he be even more valuable than Melo is?

jlip
The whole "take player X from his team and he would finish with a worse record" mantra is quite flawed if looked at solely in a vaccum.

Firstly, yes Lebron's supporting cast is better than Melo's. If you took Lebron off the the Heat, more than likely they would yet finish with a better record than the Knicks if you removed Melo from them. But...That doesn't make Melo more valuable to what the Knicks accomplished this season than Lebron was to what the Heat accomplished this season.

If the Knicks and the Heat were only separated by 2 or 3 games, then Melo would probably win the MVP. That would imply that he led the Knicks to a comparable record to the Heat with a worse supporting cast. But the Heat and the Knicks did not end the season with even remotely comparable records. 12 games separated them in the standings.

While this is not close to an exact science, let's just say that the Heat could have finshed as a ~53 win team without Lebron. And for the sake of argument, the Knicks could have finished as a ~41 win team without Melo. Ultimately both teams suffer without their best player, but in this hypothetical scenario, both players would be worth ~13 wins to their teams based upon how they finished the season. Who is actually more valuable to where is team finished in this case?

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 12:45 PM
where are you from?Your location is "swag" and you call others "kid" without knowing their age so i guess you're 10-14 yrs old.
I'm from Los Angeles.

Why are these Miami "fans" scared to say where they're from?
:confusedshrug:
http://cdn.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Miami-Heat-Fan-Up-e1290392138749.jpg

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 12:46 PM
it says that you dont know shit about basketball. you dont even know your own team. You are just here to talk shit

i wanna go to denver, but can you blame me for not spending 1000dollar on a airplane ticket?

do i lift what? weights? not as often as i wanna, but i'd still kick your ass :lol
Denver's a cool city, hope you make it their some day and get to see a Nugs game:rockon:

DaSeba5
04-22-2013, 12:46 PM
I'm from Los Angeles.

http://cdn.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Miami-Heat-Fan-Up-e1290392138749.jpg

Born and raised in West Palm Beach, FL. :confusedshrug:

kurple
04-22-2013, 12:47 PM

because he's not from miami, and knows you are stupid enough to make a point out of it

or he doesnt want to give you the statisfaction of knowing

kurple
04-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Denver's a cool city, hope you make it their some day and get to see a Nugs game:rockon:
yeah, i'm gonna go next year.

especially now that weed is legal there

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 12:56 PM
I'm from Los Angeles.

I am a spurs fan. do i have to be a heat fan to give my opinion in favor of lebron?
You're biased as you're from LA. I am from wellington, new zealand. i am not as biased as you. i win. see, your location hurts you more than my location hurts my opinion. lakers used to be the best and now they are not which is the reason you are so upset. relax, it is just a game. a game that you don't even watch based on your comments here.
Why do lakers and knicks fans use the word "swag" so much? do you know this is 2013 and you're not black?

kshutts1
04-22-2013, 01:00 PM
That would make sense but as far as I can recall, it usually goes to the best player or the best player on one of the best teams. Value is hard to debate against. Replace Melo with Lebron. Wouldn't he be even more valuable than Melo is?
Lebron is a much better player than Melo, so it stands to reason that Lebron would be more valuable on the Knicks than Melo is currently. However, Lebron's not on the Knicks; he's on Miami.

And as someone else said, it's obviously a very subjective way to "dictate" the award, and it's a flawed method, but it's a better method of determining "value" than just automatically assigning it to "the best player on the best team" (logically asinine, as best teams typically have multiple very good players, therefore the relative value of each player is diminished) or just the best player in the league (that should honestly be an award itself).

pegasus
04-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Dude i dont understand this.I know you are one of the trolls but why contradict yourself.Even as a troll you should have some respect.

Around mid season i distinctly remember you talking about heat.You said they are not gonna win they are not good enough.Why 360 turn.

I mean are they the most stacked team of all time or not decide!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I bet in real life you're even dumber than your posts scream.:lol

And for the record, I never said that they were not stacked. I said in 2011 that they wouldn't win, because Lebron and Wade were not as good as people thought them to be (especially playing together). And I was right. They've got Battier, Allen, and Anderson since then. Yes, they are the most stacked team of all time and still get a ton of ref help. Facts are facts.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Lebron is a much better player than Melo, so it stands to reason that Lebron would be more valuable on the Knicks than Melo is currently. However, Lebron's not on the Knicks; he's on Miami.

And as someone else said, it's obviously a very subjective way to "dictate" the award, and it's a flawed method, but it's a better method of determining "value" than just automatically assigning it to "the best player on the best team" (logically asinine, as best teams typically have multiple very good players, therefore the relative value of each player is diminished) or just the best player in the league (that should honestly be an award itself).

This is what I was saying before. The MVP pretty much is the 'best player' award. Now, Lebron has been lucky in the sense that he got the MVP when he deserved them (except for 2011 perhaps but Dwight probably should have gotten it). Yeah, the league screwed it up before, eg. with Nash winning it twice but it usually does go to the best player. Now this season, I think Lebron has it covered it from all angles. Best player? By far. Best record? Yes. And it's not like the Knicks' record is close to the Heat's. They were beaten by 12 whole games.

JtotheIzzo
04-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Only Shaq and Jordan have played at this level in the last 20 years.

LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anything else is BLATANT butthurt standom.

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 01:09 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

I bet in real life you're even dumber than your posts scream.:lol

And for the record, I never said that they were not stacked. I said in 2011 that they wouldn't win, because Lebron and Wade were not as good as people thought them to be (especially playing together). And I was right. They've got Battier, Allen, and Anderson since then. Yes, they are the most stacked team of all time and still get a ton of ref help. Facts are facts.
your avatar alone screams "edgy teenager whose favorite movies are watchmen and the dark knight".heat are 12th in league in free throws attempts. i know you will not reply to this post.

pegasus
04-22-2013, 01:10 PM
your avatar alone screams "edgy teenager whose favorite movies are watchmen and the dark knight".heat are 12th in league in free throws attempts. i know you will not reply to this post.
You were wrong.

kshutts1
04-22-2013, 01:10 PM
This is what I was saying before. The MVP pretty much is the 'best player' award. Now, Lebron has been lucky in the sense that he got the MVP when he deserved them (except for 2011 perhaps but Dwight probably should have gotten it). Yeah, the league screwed it up before, eg. with Nash winning it twice but it usually does go to the best player. Now this season, I think Lebron has it covered it from all angles. Best player? By far. Best record? Yes. And it's not like the Knicks' record is close to the Heat's. They were beaten by 12 whole games.

It is, and it should not be. There is a significant difference between "most valuable" and "best". I think the league should honor both.

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 01:14 PM
You were wrong.
that reply sums you up pefectly. also, why don't you use your "ripthedik" account all the time instead of using this one? stick to one. it is not like you troll on one account and make sensible comments on the other one.you troll with both accounts. just troll with one account.

Mass Debator
04-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Melo probably should be and could be, but Lebron pretty much locked it up after his dominating stretch of like 7 games of (30 points on 60% every game -- or something like that) and 27 win streak. Plus, he has the best record in the league with the best stats.

Nash
04-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Melo is on a stacked team. He has the 6th man of the year, defensive player of the year and Amare. Harden should get it.

See, using the same logic.

Also, this discussion is stupid and trolls are reaching. If there was any truth to it then Lebron wouldn't win the MVP getting 95% of the votes.

Also, its called the most valuable player, not the most valuable player to his team.

To4
04-22-2013, 01:18 PM
My Fave player is Carmelo.. im not denying that.. but this season.. Lebron is still deserving of the MVP.. still the best and almost complete player in the NBA bar none..

pegasus
04-22-2013, 01:22 PM
that reply sums you up pefectly. also, why don't you use your "ripthedik" account all the time instead of using this one? stick to one. it is not like you troll on one account and make sensible comments on the other one.you troll with both accounts. just troll with one account.
Is this really coming from an obvious sock account with April 2013 join date?:lol People know that I've got a very different style than ripthetik.

And for the record, my favorite movies are "Wild Strawberries", "Annie Hall", "8 1/2", and "The Seventh Seal". I'm sure you haven't heard or seen either one of them, but you probably like strawberries, and have the IQ of an 8 1/2 year old girl named Annie. Now GTFO of my face.

Sarcastic
04-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Only Shaq and Jordan have played at this level in the last 20 years.

LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anything else is BLATANT butthurt standom.

I think Kobe played at this level as well, but he just didn't have the team to help.

K Xerxes
04-22-2013, 01:27 PM
It is, and it should not be. There is a significant difference between "most valuable" and "best". I think the league should honor both.

Why is it 'most valuable' to a team? Why not 'most valuable' to the overall league, which would roughly translate to best player? Why is your interpretation the correct one for MVP?

Unfortunately, there is no definite criteria, which is a shame. It changes year by year, but it's usually either a player that has separated themselves from the rest of the league or the best player on the best team. The problem with the criteria of most valuable to a specific team is that it inherently disadvantages great players on good teams, and gives great players on bad teams an advantage (along with stat inflation). Did you say that Wall deserves the MVP this year? OK, but that means Love/Nash should have won MVP last year, regardless of team record? That means MJ didn't deserve his '90s MVPs, or Larry's MVPs in the '80s, or Magic's. All because they were on great teams already.

I agree with you that the criteria should be made more clear so we avoid all of this ambiguity, and there's a point to be made for honoring both best player and most valuable to their team. Without a clear definition, I always choose my MVPs as the best player in the league, since said player is the most valuable player in the league to any team by definition. That is a bigger accomplishments.

Sarcastic
04-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Melo doesn't deserve it this year. He missed too many games, and the Knicks didn't win enough. If they win in the neighborhood of 60+ next year, he will be in the strong running though.

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Is this really coming from an obvious sock account with April 2013 join date?:lol People know that I've got a very different style than ripthetik.

And for the record, my favorite movies are "Wild Strawberries", "Annie Hall", "8 1/2", and "The Seventh Seal". I'm sure you haven't heard or seen either one of them, but you probably like strawberries, and have the IQ of an 8 1/2 year old girl named Annie. Now GTFO of my face.
why are you so angry Pegasus? i have watched all those movies. did you google "top 10 movies for pretentious art students" to come up with that list? I gave you the stat that heat are 12th in league in free throws attempts and you completely ignored it after making the comment that refs have been helping them whole season. that defnies you and all your comments.

KOBE143
04-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Agree

Melo is almost in the same situation as Kobe but with a little more help.. Knicks without Melo are absolute thrash just like Lakers w/o Kobe.. Kobe and Melo really deserve the MVP more than LeBron.. If LeBron wins it then there's no doubt that MVP is rigged again just like in 2009, 2010 and 2012..

Nash
04-22-2013, 01:33 PM
pegasus is the worst lebron hater ever. He has been at it for years and years and he still finds something new to hate on every year. Some people hate on Lebron for a while and disappear and some like a rival player but pegasus comes up with new shit every year.

K Xerxes
04-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Agree

Melo is almost in the same situation as Kobe but with a little more help.. Knicks without Melo are absolute thrash just like Lakers w/o Kobe.. Kobe and Melo really deserve the MVP more than LeBron.. If LeBron wins it then there's no doubt that MVP is rigged again just like in 2009, 2010 and 2012..

I don't understand. If your case is that LeBron doesn't deserve it this (or last) year because he is on a stacked team, how does he not deserve the '09 or '10 MVPs. Because those Cavs teams were stacked too?

It's just moving the goal posts to whatever suits your agenda.

pegasus
04-22-2013, 01:36 PM
why are you so angry Pegasus? i have watched all those movies. did you google "top 10 movies for pretentious art students" to come up with that list? I gave you the stat that heat are 12th in league in free throws attempts and you completely ignored it after making the comment that refs have been helping them whole season. that defnies you and all your comments.

You've seen all of them, eh? So, you like Woody Allen, Ingmar Bergman, and Federico Fellini. Tell me, which WA movie was obviously inspired by Fellini's 8 1/2, and during which scene in that movie did WA make a direct comment regarding this inspiration?

Watch the playoffs. Refs will be in full force the second the Heat are in trouble. The thing is though, with that stacked them and the weakened/injured East, they may not even need it until the finals.

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 01:37 PM
pegasus is the worst lebron hater ever. He has been at it for years and years and he still finds something new to hate on every year. Some people hate on Lebron for a while and disappear and some like a rival player but pegasus comes up with new shit every year.
he also believes that join date on ISH indicates when you started watching basketball as stern forces true NBA "fans" to register on ISH before watching any nba game.

lilgodfather1
04-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Melo doesn't deserve it this year. He missed too many games, and the Knicks didn't win enough. If they win in the neighborhood of 60+ next year, he will be in the strong running though.
This I 100% agree with. The voters aren't going to willingly give LeBron 3 in a row. Kobe will not meet the required games, Durant has more help, Dwight who knows, Rose who knows, etc.

The race next year, if healthy will likely be between Durant, and Melo. The only way LeBron has a chance is if the Heat win 68 games, or more, and he dominates more than he did this year. If the Knicks/Thunder have the same record it will come down to head to head matchups.

Next year might be LeBron's DPOY year.

Sarcastic
04-22-2013, 01:41 PM
What was the Heat's record without Lebron? Wasn't it like 5-1?

I the Knicks were 7-8 without Melo this year.

Just sayin'.

duatjsghd
04-22-2013, 01:41 PM
melo deserves it scoring>everything

KOBE143
04-22-2013, 01:43 PM
I don't understand. If your case is that LeBron doesn't deserve it this (or last) year because he is on a stacked team, how does he not deserve the '09 or '10 MVPs. Because those Cavs teams were stacked too?

It's just moving the goal posts to whatever suits your agenda.
Because Kobe was the real MVP in 09 and 10.. LeBron just robbed it from Kobe.. Its fact.. Everyone knows it..

pegasus
04-22-2013, 01:44 PM

At least I'm dedicated to my cause. You, on the other hand, have "Nash" as a username which is the worst possible attempt to cover an agenda at ISH, with Bosh as your avy, all awhile Lebron's balls resting on your chin.

Trollsmasher
04-22-2013, 01:45 PM
You've seen all of them, eh? So, you like Woody Allen, Ingmar Bergman, and Federico Fellini. Tell me, which WA movie was obviously inspired by Fellini's 8 1/2, and during which scene in that movie did WA make a direct comment regarding this inspiration?

Watch the playoffs. Refs will be in full force the second the Heat are in trouble. The thing is though, with that stacked them and the weakened/injured East, they may not even need it until the finals.

You are so clever and cultural. I bet your IQ is above average:bowdown:

kshutts1
Why is it 'most valuable' to a team? Why not 'most valuable' to the overall league, which would roughly translate to best player? Why is your interpretation the correct one for MVP?

Unfortunately, there is no definite criteria, which is a shame. It changes year by year, but it's usually either a player that has separated themselves from the rest of the league or the best player on the best team. The problem with the criteria of most valuable to a specific team is that it inherently disadvantages great players on good teams, and gives great players on bad teams an advantage (along with stat inflation). Did you say that Wall deserves the MVP this year? OK, but that means Love/Nash should have won MVP last year, regardless of team record? That means MJ didn't deserve his '90s MVPs, or Larry's MVPs in the '80s, or Magic's. All because they were on great teams already.

I agree with you that the criteria should be made more clear so we avoid all of this ambiguity, and there's a point to be made for honoring both best player and most valuable to their team. Without a clear definition, I always choose my MVPs as the best player in the league, since said player is the most valuable player in the league to any team by definition. That is a bigger accomplishments.

Why are we leaving records out of this? I nominate Wall because of the obvious affect he has had on his team's record.

pegasus
he also believes that join date on ISH indicates when you started watching basketball as stern forces true NBA "fans" to register on ISH before watching any nba game.
Answer my question, "movie buff".

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 01:47 PM

i never said i liked them. i have watched them. i like some of them and i don't like some of them.Anyways, you wrote that they have been getting ref's help this season and we are talking about regular season MVP here so i don't get why you are talking about what will happen in playoffs.
i gave you the stat that they are 12th in league in free throws attempts. you didn't have any reply to it so you predicted what will happen in playoffs.
i never understand why guys like you who can predict everything never go to vegas and end up being really rich without doing any work. just think you can probably buy court-side season tickets for every team. that would probably also help you in understanding basketball.You could probably ask Carmelo or kobe what field goal percentage means when you're sitting so close to them.

pegasus
04-22-2013, 01:49 PM
You are so clever and cultural. I bet your IQ is above average:bowdown:

That troll started the movie conversation. And yes, my IQ is above average. Thanks for noticing. And of course I'm cultural; I'm from Europe after all.

Solefade
04-22-2013, 01:51 PM

If you say that about the Heat, what would you say about the Lakers who lead the league in free throw attempts? Yes, teams did the Hack-A-Dwight strategy but Dwight is #3 is most attempts behind Harden and Durant and Kobe is #4. How could you possibly call that out about the refs especially when Lakers have a history for getting favored calls (I.E. 2003 WCF against my team Sactown Kings) and supported evidence from videos showing how hard the NBA and David Stern were trying to get Kobe and the Lakers into the playoffs?

Talking about refs is retarded because ALL superstars get calls. Miami Heat just happen to live in the paint because they have the best slashers yet somehow, jumper shooters like KD and Kobe get more free throw attempts.

pegasus
04-22-2013, 01:53 PM
i never said i liked them. i have watched them. i like some of them and i don't like some of them.Anyways, you wrote that they have been getting ref's help this season and we are talking about regular season MVP here so i don't get why you are talking about what will happen in playoffs.
i gave you the stat that they are 12th in league in free throws attempts. you didn't have any reply to it so you predicted what will happen in playoffs.
i never understand why guys like you who can predict everything never go to vegas and end up being really rich without doing any work. just think you can probably buy court-side season tickets for every team. that would probably also help you in understanding basketball.You could probably ask Carmelo or kobe what field goal percentage means when you're sitting so close to them.
You are out of your mind crazy if you don't think Miami's big 3 don't get ref help. You can't just look at the FT attempts. Lebron gets away with constant (every single time he drives) push-offs with his forearm and barrels into defenders with his eyes closed. Everyone sees and talks about it. Getting away with that is the biggest aid his game needs.

And next time you wanna talk about movies, be prepared or get lost.

BBallZen83
04-22-2013, 01:54 PM
I am new here. are mr. jabbar, ripthekik and Nick Young the same people with alternate accounts? they post same thing over and over and then call themselves rational basketball fans. No wonder everyone hates lakers and heat fans.You both deserve each other.
Im a new poster also. Been lurking for a little over a year though and I can tell you the worst on the Lakers side is Jabbar, rip, nick young, kenneth griffin, coin 24, and kobe143. Some are trolls, some are mad, and some are both. On the heat side the usual cast is silktheshocker, pauk, numbersix, and hank.

It's difficult for people who just really want to have a conversation about basketball, but then again I'm sure there are trolls/idiots on every board. The duality of a blessing/curse that is the internet. It connects all kinds of different people from everywhere.... and it connects ALL kinds of different people fro everywhere...

Trollsmasher
04-22-2013, 01:54 PM
That troll started the movie conversation. And yes, my IQ is above average. Thanks for noticing. And of course I'm cultural; I'm from Europe after all.

Yeah, but are acting like those you listed are a pinnacle of movie-making, although you are probably just going for a troll kill. No offense if you meant it otherwise.

BBallZen83
04-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Pegasus, I'm sure you are a very smart guy. You also seem like a very angry guy. Like if you saw Lebron in person, you would probably be filled with bad thoughts. I understand being a fan of certain players and disliking other player's games, but I guess I don't understand it to the level of vitriol that you have for James.

pegasus
04-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Yeah, but are acting like those you listed are a pinnacle of movie-making, although you are probably just going for a troll kill. No offense if you meant it otherwise.
They are simply some of my favorite movies. He had incorrectly guessed my favs, and I corrected him. And now you; next time you dive "butt" first into a conversation, read its "head" first.

DaSeba5
Pegasus, I'm sure you are a very smart guy. You also seem like a very angry guy. Like if you saw Lebron in person, you would probably be filled with bad thoughts. I understand being a fan of certain players and disliking other player's games, but I guess I don't understand it to the level of vitriol that you have for James.

I feel like Pegasus would spit in LeBron's face and would want to stab him if they ever met in person.

OmniStrife
Stop hating efficient team ball ISH...

BBallZen83
04-22-2013, 02:01 PM
I feel like Pegasus would spit in LeBron's face and would want to stab him if they ever met in person.
Exactly, and that is the scary side of propping up sports figures to epic levels of worship/hatred. You are one of the great posters on here DaSeba. You and ShackAttack, and SpecialQue amoung others.

ripthekik
04-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Stop hating efficient team ball ISH...
you mean stop hating "stacked" team ISH?

I agree Melo should get MVP over Lebron. Lebron's MVP is basically= whoever has the best stats on the most stacked team.

Put Chris Paul, Durant, Melo, Dwight all on the same team and it's the same team. Whoever has the best stats get FMVP.

There's no pride or accomplishment in that. It's just the easy route.

pegasus
I'm not quite sure how I seem from that "armchair" you're sitting in, but my friends think I'm a very humorous, happy-go-lucky guy. Save your analysis for an easier target.

Nick Young
Woody Allen=GOAT filmmaker:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

BBallZen83
04-22-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm not quite sure how I seem from that "armchair" you're sitting in, but my friends think I'm a very humorous, happy-go-lucky guy. Save your analysis for an easier target.
I'm not judging who you are outside of the internets. This is just the way you portray yourself to other people on this forum. If that means nothing to you, then cool. No big deal. It however doesn't add to the quality of conversation on the board.

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 02:04 PM

wow, that was lame as hell

pegasus
04-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Hey, hey, hey, that's just extreme!!

I could, however, see myself stab him in the face and THEN spit on it.

Now, if you don't get that that is merely a joke, go see a shrink and tell him I said "good luck".

I.R.Beast
04-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Posters on this board have no concept of what an MVP should be, nor what makes a player most valuable. Melo and Harden were my front runners for MVP, they were more valuable to their teams than any other players in the league. 2 superstar players doing more with less help. Melo should be MVP, but idiots are gonna give it to the guy that has 2 other superstars on his team making it a hell of a lot easier to win games the MVP....illogical

DaSeba5
04-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Posters on this board have no concept of what an MVP should be, nor what makes a player most valuable. Melo and Harden were my front runners for MVP, they were more valuable to their teams than any other players in the league. 2 superstar players doing more with less help. Melo should be MVP, but idiots are gonna give it to the guy that has 2 other superstars on his team making it a hell of a lot easier to win games the MVP....illogical

Why do people keep calling a Bosh a superstar? When did this happen? Is he a top 10 player in the league?

K Xerxes
04-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Why do people keep calling a Bosh a superstar? When did this happen? Is he a top 10 player in the league?

Give him a couple of years, and if the Heat win the next few titles, Chalmers will be a superstar and LeBron *had* could only get it done with three superstars....

In his opinion, Bosh is a superstar but Rodman wasn't...

Nick Young
04-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Bosh isn't a superstar, but he is an allstar, a knockdown shooter from midrange, athletic and has decent driving ability and a top 5 PF in the NBA.

Carmelo is surrounded by roleplayers. He has no one close to D-Wade's level, unless you count JR Smith:roll: :roll: :roll:

KG215
04-22-2013, 03:54 PM
LeBron said himself that that teaming up with Wade neither of them would win MVP playing together and that they conceded it in order to win titles.
So what? That doesn't mean he or Wade should automatically be excluded from MVP consideration.

I've said this since "the decision." LeBron nor Wade should not win MVP unless Miami is historically good and wins 70 games, or at least close to 70 games.
66 wins is pretty close to 70 wins. Throw in the 27 game win streak and I'm not sure what more you want.

When LeBron, Wade and Bosh colluded to join forces, everyone was projecting the team to win close to 70 games, or even surpass the '96 Bulls 72 game game record.
And they should be penalized for not living up to other people's expectations? They've unquestionably been the best team in the NBA this season and last season. They still have to go out and win the championship this year, but they're the best team in the league right now.

But once again, like 2011 they ended up underachieving with worse records (in 2011) (and a record equal to in 2013) the Cavs in 2009 and 2010 when LeBron won back-to-back MVPs. So basically with a more talented team, LeBron once again like 2011 (when he rightfully didn't win) underachieved , and has not as good overall stats than he did in in Cleveland when he won MVPs. (27/8/7 this year 29/8/7 and 30/9/7 with the Cavs) Won't get into 2012 since that was a lock out season, so the MVP that season will just be a footnote like 1999.
And there's just an abundance of ignorance in this paragraph.

Goldrush25
04-22-2013, 03:58 PM
There's about 4 players that "deserve" MVP. Only 1 award though.

KyleKong
04-22-2013, 03:58 PM
This.

Take melo away and the knicks suck. Take Lebron off the heat and they still win 60 games:lol yeah, MVP :rolleyes:

Take Kobe off the Lakers they still make it to the playoffs.

Whats your point?

KG215
04-22-2013, 04:07 PM
If anyone ever needs to direct other posters to one place they can go to see the pettiness and ignorance of Kobe stans, just bookmark this thread for future reference. LeBron stans can be just as bad, but this thread is a perfect example of why the Kobe Kult is so hated and disrespected around here.

I.R.Beast
04-22-2013, 04:14 PM
bosh is a top 15 player in this league and is a superstar...he would be a number 1 on most teams and no lower than a 2nd option on the other teams that have a player better than him...he was a 20+ 10 guy before joining the heat.... He is a superstar....

PJR
04-22-2013, 04:15 PM
If anyone ever needs to direct other posters to one place they can go to see the pettiness and ignorance of Kobe stans, just bookmark this thread for future reference. LeBron stans can be just as bad, but this thread is a perfect example of why the Kobe Kult is so hated and disrespected around here.

They are the worst "fanbase" in all of sports. The depths that they go to denounce and belittle other great players, just to prop up their God is insane. It sucks that they overshadow true, authentic Laker fans who are not as obsessed as the aforementioned, vicariously living lames.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-22-2013, 04:18 PM
What's the point of this thread anyways? Are some of you Lakers, Knicks, and Bulls fans so insecure that you need to create new threads every few day about who 'deserves' the MVP?

LongLiveTheKing
04-22-2013, 04:20 PM
you mean stop hating "stacked" team ISH?

I agree Melo should get MVP over Lebron. Lebron's MVP is basically= whoever has the best stats on the most stacked team.

Put Chris Paul, Durant, Melo, Dwight all on the same team and it's the same team. Whoever has the best stats get FMVP.

There's no pride or accomplishment in that. It's just the easy route.
Replace all those players with Kobe in the Lakers and the Lakers still 3-peat :lol
Maybe even win more!

Ne 1
04-22-2013, 04:28 PM
They've unquestionably been the best team in the NBA this season

Yes, but IMO MVP shouldn't generally just go to the best player on the best team. You know wait til the season ends, see which teams have the best records from the East and West and hand it over to the best player, but unfortunately that's all the MVP really is usually combined with whoever the media feels is the "best story."

Hoopz2332
04-22-2013, 04:34 PM
These Kobe stans are funny:oldlol:

leMVP
04-22-2013, 04:45 PM
look, malone and barkly got it over jordan because they had a better record.

with the way lebron is playing right now, best player on the best team, there's no valid reason not to give it to him.

KG215
04-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Yes, but IMO MVP shouldn't generally just go to the best player on the best team. You know wait til the season ends, see which teams have the best records from the East and West and hand it over to the best player, but unfortunately that's all the MVP really is usually combined with whoever the media feels is the "best story."
A therein lies the flaw in how many people perceive the award. Granted, sometimes this is the case, but this time people drastically underrate LeBron's impact on the Heat.

No one impacts a game on a night in and night out basis the way LeBron does, and it's not even close. People ahve to stop playing the "but the Heat would still be a top 3 seed in the East without LeBron" card. It's extremely ignorant and petty, and completely ignores how incredible LeBron is and how big of an impact he has. LeBron takes the Heat from being a really good team, to a GREAT team that's the unquestioned best in the league. Penalizing him for that, or what his team would be without him, makes no sense. Without him, there's probably 5 teams (Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies, Nuggets) better than the Heat, and another 4-5 (Grizzlies, Nets, Pacers, Bulls when healthy) just as good, when everyone is healthy. Without LeBron, though, they're damn near unbeatable.

As for the whole "Carmelo has little help argument" please. That argument is just as flawed as the Heat would still be a top 3 seed in the East without LeBron argument. No, the Knicks don't have a second legit start. However, they are a team that's greater than the sum of their parts. Or, at least, they're a lot better than people think or who just look at the names and ignore everything else. And I'm not trying to downplay how good Carmelo was this year. I think have LeBron and, to a lesser extent Durant, he has a very good case or being the MVP this year.

Besides it's not like him leading the Knicks to the 2-seed in the East this year was something special. Yes, the Knicks were very dangerous when they clicked (and were healthy) this year. But finishing 2nd in the East this season equated to having the 8th best record in the NBA.

Bottom line, LeBron was the MVP this year, and there really is no argument. And, if it wasn't him, it'd be Durant who had a superior season to Carmelo. People overlook how great Durant was over the course of the entire season because of how well Carmelo closed the season, but he wasn't better than Durant over the course of the season.

daj0264
04-22-2013, 04:46 PM
deserves slightly more than lebron but still not the mvp

Big Cheese
04-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Who had the better season and team record is a bigger deciding factor for MVP then who played with the least amount of talent.....

Hoopz2332
04-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Lebrons impact for context when he on and off the floor..

Miami

Wade: http://stats.nba.com/teamVsPlayer.html?TeamID=1610612748&VsPlayerID=2548&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals

on: +13
off: + 5.1

bosh: http://stats.nba.com/teamVsPlayer.html?TeamID=1610612748&VsPlayerID=2547&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals

on: +10.8
off: +8.4

Birdman (for fun): http://stats.nba.com/teamVsPlayer.html?TeamID=1610612748&VsPlayerID=2365&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals

on: +10
off: +12.2

LeBron: http://stats.nba.com/teamVsPlayer.html?TeamID=1610612748&VsPlayerID=2544&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals

on: +14.1
off: -1.6

Compared to other MVP canidates

Durant : http://stats.nba.com/teamVsPlayer.html?TeamID=1610612760&VsPlayerID=201142&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals#

on: +12.7
off: +4.4

Melo: http://stats.nba.com/teamVsPlayer.html?TeamID=1610612752&VsPlayerID=2546&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals#

on: +6.2
off: +3.2

melo's plus +/-:roll:

tazb
04-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Melo deserves MVP for April.

Fixed :facepalm. There's even a strong argument that Melo isn't even the best player on his team, but that's a different story.

Sarcastic
04-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Lebrons impact for context when he on and off the floor..

Miami

Wade: http://stats.nba.com/teamVsPlayer.html?TeamID=1610612748&VsPlayerID=2548&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals

on: +13
off: + 5.1

bosh: http://stats.nba.com/teamVsPlayer.html?TeamID=1610612748&VsPlayerID=2547&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals

on: +10.8
off: +8.4

Birdman (for fun): http://stats.nba.com/teamVsPlayer.html?TeamID=1610612748&VsPlayerID=2365&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals

on: +10
off: +12.2

LeBron: http://stats.nba.com/teamVsPlayer.html?TeamID=1610612748&VsPlayerID=2544&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals

on: +14.1
off: -1.6

Compared to other MVP canidates

Durant : http://stats.nba.com/teamVsPlayer.html?TeamID=1610612760&VsPlayerID=201142&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals#

on: +12.7
off: +4.4

Melo: http://stats.nba.com/teamVsPlayer.html?TeamID=1610612752&VsPlayerID=2546&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals#

on: +6.2
off: +3.2

melo's plus +/-:roll:

What are the team's records with and without?

lilgodfather1
04-22-2013, 05:13 PM
bosh is a top 15 player in this league and is a superstar...he would be a number 1 on most teams and no lower than a 2nd option on the other teams that have a player better than him...he was a 20+ 10 guy before joining the heat.... He is a superstar....
Off the top of my head players that are unquestionably better than Bosh.

Duncan, Parker, Bryant, Howard, Wade, James, MGasol, Paul, Westbrook, Durant, Harden, Rose, Rondo, Melo, Irving, and Love.

Guys who have an argument

Noah, Lee, Randolph, Blake, Aldridge, George.

If you consider Bosh a superstar, then your list of superstars must be about 20 deep. Pau Gasol was a superstar when the Lakers traded for him too then? Gasol, and Bosh are basically the same player. Both failed franchise players that never won a playoff series as the man.

Bosh as a "superstar" lead his team to the playoffs 2 times. 5 times the Raptors were in the lotto with Bosh as the leader. Gasol was more successful as a lead man.

willds09
04-27-2013, 07:36 AM

Fixed :facepalm. There's even a strong argument that Melo isn't even the best player on his team, but that's a different story.
:biggums:

coin24
04-27-2013, 08:18 AM

You're a legit fu*king retard:facepalm

The Ownage
04-27-2013, 09:57 AM
There's even a strong argument that Melo isn't even the best player on his team, but that's a different story.
Yeah, Prigioni for MVP!

kNicKz
04-27-2013, 10:00 AM
copeland for MVP!!!!

Bigsmoke
04-27-2013, 10:03 AM
look, malone and barkly got it over jordan because they had a better record.

with the way lebron is playing right now, best player on the best team, there's no valid reason not to give it to him.

the Bulls won 69 games in 1997 :wtf:

I was like "why the **** Malone won the MVP"?