PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A. Smith thinks Mike D'Antoni owes Kobe Bryant a public apology

Soulful
04-22-2013, 12:48 PM
for his disrespectful comments about Kobe being "a fan."

Damn, Stevo is angry!!!:kobe:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9199359

kurple
04-22-2013, 12:49 PM
i didnt click the link, but wasnt kobe the one that decided to play himself 48 minutes a game?

Mr. I'm So Rad
04-22-2013, 01:08 PM
i didnt click the link, but wasnt kobe the one that decided to play himself 48 minutes a game?

You should've clicked the link. Then you would know that it's not even about Kobe's minutes.

kurple
04-22-2013, 01:09 PM
no thanks. i get more enough kobe talk here

K Xerxes
04-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Stephen A Smith should apologize to the American audience for lowering their IQ by many many points over the time he has taken his (little) talents to reporting.

UnbiasedGuy
04-22-2013, 01:18 PM
dam... ***** went in

ZMonkey11
04-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Then why are you commenting?:confusedshrug:

Two points.
1) Kobe never should have tweeted.
2) D'Antoni shouldn't have responded.

When egos collide, good things never happen.

AlphaWolf24
04-22-2013, 01:20 PM
I think Stephen A Smith speaks for all us Laker fans...

ask for forgiveness....

AlphaWolf24
04-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Then why are you commenting?:confusedshrug:

Two points.
1) Kobe never should have tweeted.
2) D'Antoni shouldn't have responded.

why shldn't Kobe tweet?....

He loves...loves...loves...the game of basketball and has spent well over half of his life as a Laker!

He is the lakers...he can tweet whatever he wants...

Foster5k
04-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Stephen A Smith should apologize to the American audience for lowering their IQ by many many points over the time he has taken his (little) talents to reporting.
:facepalm

SAS smarter than you will ever be. No doubt his IQ higher than yours.

ZMonkey11
04-22-2013, 01:25 PM
why shldn't Kobe tweet?....

He loves...loves...loves...the game of basketball and has spent well over half of his life as a Laker!

He is the lakers...he can tweet whatever he wants...

Imagine you are playing a game and your best player, who is not playing, is criticizing the way you guys are playing PUBLICLY. Save it for the locker room.

Does that foster any good feelings, or resentment?

Don't have blinders over your eyes. This was a bad move from their leader. He is putting the team on blast while not helping the team. Makes no sense.

jzek
04-22-2013, 01:26 PM
What's the point and who cares really? It's not like MDA will still coach this team next year. At most, he has about a week left with the Lakers.

K Xerxes
04-22-2013, 01:33 PM

SAS smarter than you will ever be. No doubt his IQ higher than yours.

What exactly does he say that is smart? Yes, he articulates very well, but his analysis is so vacuous and inane that there is no meaning behind it.

STATUTORY
04-22-2013, 01:34 PM
What exactly does he say that is smart? Yes, he articulates very well, but his analysis is so vacuous and inane that there is no meaning behind it.

he says things to get ratings. in that respect he's very succesful. He's basically a paid troll, he knows his audience and he knows how to elicit responses and attention.

Mr. Jabbar
04-22-2013, 01:36 PM

Not sure were Dantonis ego comes from though....

clayton
04-22-2013, 01:39 PM
D'Antoni needs to host a $2 million I'm-Sorry-Kobe party, and bow down on his knees for the sins he has caused to Godbe.

COnDEMnED
04-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Imagine you are playing a game and your best player, who is not playing, is criticizing the way you guys are playing PUBLICLY. Save it for the locker room.

Don't have blinders over your eyes. This was a bad move from their leader. He is putting the team on blast while not helping the team. Makes no sense.
Or you can look at it that Kobe was injured and stuck at home, so he couldn't tell his team after they got out of the huddle "hey, this guys plan is shit, lets do it this way instead". Maybe he just sees D'Antonis game plan was crap and he didn't have time to text every team member individually. That's how I see it.

AlphaWolf24
04-22-2013, 01:46 PM

- "putting the team on Blast"????

- Kobe basically said...get the ball to Pau ...let him work the post.
How is that bad?....

again...Kobe is proven .....

I would rather follow a leader who cares...who is engaged....who loves the game....

- so many Haters just looking for reasons.....Stephen A is 100% correct

OldSkoolball#52
04-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Stephen A Smith has racial paranoia. The crux of his gripe here is that a coach who happens to be white dare to marginalize the tweeting of a player who happens to be black.

Shepseskaf
04-22-2013, 01:50 PM
he says things to get ratings. in that respect he's very succesful. He's basically a paid troll, he knows his audience and he knows how to elicit responses and attention.
Absolutely. SAS and Bayless are two of the most highly-paid trolls in history.

As for Kobe and tweeting, didn't he say he wouldn't be doing it anymore? Probably a good idea.

AlphaWolf24
04-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Stephen A Smith has racial paranoia. The crux of his gripe here is that a coach who happens to be white dare to marginalize the tweeting of a player who happens to be black.

What?...

Shepseskaf
04-22-2013, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't take it that far. SAS acts 'radical' for the attention it brings, but I don't think he really is.

CavaliersFTW
04-22-2013, 02:00 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

GET THIS TMZ SHIT OUTTA HERE

Insidehoops is for basketball discussions. First Take is just men acting like Women under the guise of "sports talk".

Reverend Hoops
04-22-2013, 02:04 PM

:biggums: I didn't get that at all from this.

Rysio
04-22-2013, 02:12 PM
i've already forgiven dantoni for this but kobe is not as forgiving as me. sorry mike but i feel another death stare coming. :(

Parps
04-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Or you can look at it that Kobe was injured and stuck at home, so he couldn't tell his team after they got out of the huddle "hey, this guys plan is shit, lets do it this way instead". Maybe he just sees D'Antonis game plan was crap and he didn't have time to text every team member individually. That's how I see it.

Whether his assessment of the game plan was right or wrong, you don't call your out your coach (or anyone on the team for that matter) in a public forum. That's common sense.

If he really wanted to give them some advice, I'm sure there was a better mechanism available.

That being said, I think his advice was spot on.

OldSkoolball#52
04-22-2013, 02:21 PM
I wouldn't take it that far. SAS acts 'radical' for the attention it brings, but I don't think he really is.

Everything with him is about race. He was salty as hell about Nash winning MVP. For years he always downplayed Dirk, not even based on the choking rep but just sayin he wasnt all that great as people say. He absolutely hated Lin when he had success, but was defending Carmelo even when he was playing like a bonehead and all of MSG was booing him. He is always downplaying white guys and hyping up black players. Its been true since hes been in broadcasting.

Stephen A resents white people in basketball (and in general). He acts like bball is only supposed to be for brothers. And iftheres any sort of conflict between a white dude and a black dude that has nothin to do with race, stephen a smith gets offended from a racial perspective and sides with the black dude. Always. This is no different.

BBallZen83
04-22-2013, 02:26 PM
What?...

April 2013 join date argument, is quite an irrelevant one. It is a classic red herring. Just as stupid as using race, age, or sex as a predicate for an argument.

Anyways, when it comes to Kobe's tweets, I think of the old saying "with great power comes great responsibility." Celebrities/sports figures have a great deal more power and visibility in social media, and it is for this reason they should probably filter themselves and think for maybe a minute or two before they put something out there. Lebron, and now Kobe are equally guilty of twitter vomit.

Yeah, Kobe can say what ever he wants. Doesn't mean there won't be unintended consequences.

NBASTATMAN
04-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Not sure were Dantonis ego comes from though....

40-32 AND 4-1 WITHOUT KOBE :applause:

KOBE IS JUST A FAN :roll:

loganwadams
04-22-2013, 02:32 PM
I don't really see anything wrong with it. Smith just blew it way out of proportion.

OG LeeTSkeeT
04-22-2013, 02:35 PM
NBA players tweet big deal...media just always blows shit out of proportion. Just happens to Kobe because of his rep.

Iceberg Slim
04-22-2013, 02:49 PM
how did stephen a smith even get a job

Rose'sACL
04-22-2013, 02:54 PM

don't tell people here that. i bet most lebron and kobe "fans" here buy their shoes too. player worship here is worse than ESPN boards.

Foster5k
04-22-2013, 02:59 PM
how did stephen a smith even get a job
Because you guys are sitting here talking about him right now. He has done his job.

How many other "sports talk guys" get this much attention? Some of you probably don't even know their names. SAS is paid to entertain. Sports is entertainment.

That being said, SAS gets a lot of heat for talking about race topics. He is one of the FEW guys that will do it. I commend him for that. Race is still an issue in sports, etc. Hell, look at some of these racist topics/replies that come here and there on ISH. Whatever you say about SAS, most of what he says has some relevance if not a lot of relevance to what's actually going on in the real world. Don't know what world some of you are living in.

Is he a racist? No. However, as he said, anytime you bring up race related topics you can get labled a racist. Hence, some here think he is a racist.

316MIA
04-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Mike D'Antoni shouldn't have responded to the question in the first place. You can tell he's offended by Kobe calling out his system. The fact that he ran pick-n-roll yesterday was a joke considering that it hasn't worked all season long, so why do it now? And against the Spurs of all teams :hammerhead:

KyleKong
04-22-2013, 03:20 PM
The Lakers were playing for a playoff spot, they needed Kobe on the floor.

Kobe got hurt, end of story.

AngelEyes
04-22-2013, 03:28 PM
SAS is an entertainer now, in the 90's and early 00's he was a journalist.

Burgz V2
04-22-2013, 03:33 PM
i think this is just a major overreaction

overreaction in Laker Land and of course ESPN thrives on this type of stuff

everyone needs to relax its not that big a deal

Goldrush25
04-22-2013, 03:43 PM
This is part of SAS's schtick. He says things that are over the top, that's why ESPN employs him.

Surely he knows that a coach is not going to apologize to a player, don't care who that player is. A coach must always maintain the role of an authoritative figure and he cannot allow players, no matter how great, to undermine him.

The whole situation is unfortunate, but I agree with the poster above. Everyone is overreacting to this crap. It ultimately means nothing.

lpublic_enemyl
04-22-2013, 04:04 PM
lol d antoni has bigger problems

AlphaWolf24
04-22-2013, 05:37 PM
April 2013 join date argument, is quite an irrelevant one. It is a classic red herring. Just as stupid as using race, age, or sex as a predicate for an argument.

Anyways, when it comes to Kobe's tweets, I think of the old saying "with great power comes great responsibility." Celebrities/sports figures have a great deal more power and visibility in social media, and it is for this reason they should probably filter themselves and think for maybe a minute or two before they put something out there. Lebron, and now Kobe are equally guilty of twitter vomit.

Yeah, Kobe can say what ever he wants. Doesn't mean there won't be unintended consequences.

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr320/BruceBlitz/jod_zps530d1a7d.jpg

Knicksfever2010
04-22-2013, 06:56 PM
stephen a LOVESSSS to knock white guys

TheReturn
04-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Clearly blown way out of proportion, but I do agree with him, it's a bit disrespectful to write Kobe off as a fan.

TheReturn
04-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Double post due to internet issues.. :facepalm

wang4three
04-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Stephen A should be calling out Derrick Rose for sitting out while guys on his team are playing hurt and fatigued. He did the same to Jeremy Lin last year.

Rasheed1
04-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Everything with him is about race. He was salty as hell about Nash winning MVP. For years he always downplayed Dirk, not even based on the choking rep but just sayin he wasnt all that great as people say. He absolutely hated Lin when he had success, but was defending Carmelo even when he was playing like a bonehead and all of MSG was booing him. He is always downplaying white guys and hyping up black players. Its been true since hes been in broadcasting.

Stephen A resents white people in basketball (and in general). He acts like bball is only supposed to be for brothers. And iftheres any sort of conflict between a white dude and a black dude that has nothin to do with race, stephen a smith gets offended from a racial perspective and sides with the black dude. Always. This is no different.

Oh shut f*ck up with the White victimhood routine already... the only person making it about race is you .. Shut up!!

Solefade
04-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Not sure why everyone hates on Stephen A. Smith..he's very articulate, smart, and objective and supports his statements with good rational points..he can be annoying to some people because of the way he talks but that doesn't take anything away from his analytical ability. FYI "First Take" is the most popular talk show on ESPN.

Burgz V2
04-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Not sure why everyone hates on Stephen A. Smith..he's very articulate, smart, and objective and supports his statements with good rational points..he can be annoying to some people because of the way he talks but that doesn't take anything away from his analytical ability. FYI "First Take" is the most popular talk show on ESPN.

yes because of rants like this its popular. but what insight did he give us really? He just told us everything we already know but cranked up a few decibels.

I like SAS tbh, but this rant came straight from the producer's desk. It's playoff time and there is some downtime until they play again, so let's blow this story open and get some ratings.

That's how ESPN works. They are not about rationality, or else Skip Bayless wouldnt be within 50 miles of the building. It's about ratings and $$$ and saying controversial things/dropping 6 minute rants will have people saying, "what they gonna say on First Take today"

CavaliersFTW
04-22-2013, 07:50 PM
:facepalm "April 2013"

Solefade
04-22-2013, 07:54 PM
:facepalm "April 2013"

Oh I'm sorry, didn't know April 2013 ISH members can't have an opinion on rational and articulate people.

edit: :kobe:

poido123
04-22-2013, 08:07 PM

Spot on.

razzredazzre
04-22-2013, 08:28 PM
LMAO

I know ESPN always want to blow sh** up but this is hilarious.. I don't see anything wrong with what D'Antoni said lmao

oh the horror
04-22-2013, 08:30 PM

Glad you clicked the thread link just to say that.

AintNoSunshine
04-22-2013, 08:46 PM
so the black mamba prima donna strikes for attention again?

IGOTGAME
04-22-2013, 08:55 PM
When I heard this live I was pissed. I wish they missef the playoffs. I hope they blow this team up ASAP. I can't stand DAntoni or Jim Buss or Howard.

Too bad Wiggins and Parker don't come out this year. Wish one would challenge the rule. I'd trade howard for a package centered around that pick.

GOBB
04-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Whats the big deal? Kobe tweeted commentary like a fan on twitter. Its quite obvious D'Antoni was annoyed at the question. This is how stuff like Iverson practice get taken and ran with so much. You are asking guys after a damn playoff game something silly. Why would the reporter mention Kobe tweeting (like fans do) about what Lakers should be doing? D'Antoni got outcoached, outclassed saw his team got their asses handed to them. And you ask a silly question like that? And he is supposed to say what? :oldlol:

Then Kobe replies to D'Antoni comments on twitter once again LIKE A FAN. Come on man and how funny is it Kobe says feed the big men when he was guilty of not feeding the big men? Hypocritical ass fanboy. Media once again blows this out of proportion. Its ridiculous.

"Show Kobe respects he's a champion"

Lets not even go there with that. Same champion who was on SAS show ironically crying about wanting to be traded because after Shaq? Life wasnt as easy as he thought it would be.

D'Antoni is a shyt ass coach so I dont want no idiot thinking I'm defending him as such. He's overrated in the sense that he gets hired (NYK, LA) like he is a stud HC and he clearly is not. Going from Brown to D'Antoni was a lateral move to me. But his comments on Kobe being a fan isnt disrespectful or wrong in my book. How does Kobe say it?

Mamba Out

:rolleyes:

IGOTGAME
04-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Whats the big deal? Kobe tweeted commentary like a fan on twitter. Its quite obvious D'Antoni was annoyed at the question. This is how stuff like Iverson practice get taken and ran with so much. You are asking guys after a damn playoff game something silly. Why would the reporter mention Kobe tweeting (like fans do) about what Lakers should be doing? D'Antoni got outcoached, outclassed saw his team got their asses handed to them. And you ask a silly question like that? And he is supposed to say what? :oldlol:

Then Kobe replies to D'Antoni comments on twitter once again LIKE A FAN. Come on man and how funny is it Kobe says feed the big men when he was guilty of not feeding the big men? Hypocritical ass fanboy. Media once again blows this out of proportion. Its ridiculous.

"Show Kobe respects he's a champion"

Lets not even go there with that. Same champion who was on SAS show ironically crying about wanting to be traded because after Shaq? Life wasnt as easy as he thought it would be.

D'Antoni is a shyt ass coach so I dont want no idiot thinking I'm defending him as such. He's overrated in the sense that he gets hired (NYK, LA) like he is a stud HC and he clearly is not. Going from Brown to D'Antoni was a lateral move to me. But his comments on Kobe being a fan isnt disrespectful or wrong in my book. How does Kobe say it?

Mamba Out

:rolleyes:

It was disrespectful. Kobe could have him fired by next year if he wanted. Lot of power for a fan. Dantoni is a shitty leader and a petty person. Has been from Phx.

dazzer87
04-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Kome a cancer on the court and off the court too......:facepalm

Goldrush25
04-22-2013, 10:11 PM
It was disrespectful. Kobe could have him fired by next year if he wanted. Lot of power for a fan. Dantoni is a shitty leader and a petty person. Has been from Phx.

If that has a shred of truth then the current Lakers organization has more than a few problems. A player who has gone on record as saying he has 1 year left playing ball (at most) shouldn't have any kind of clout in influencing staff decisions.

Players play. Coaches coach. It's that way for a reason.

L.Kizzle
04-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Who's the chick?

Burgz V2
04-22-2013, 10:21 PM

This is the exact reaction that ESPN preys on. You are overreacting.

All you Kobe stans/Laker fans calling for D'Antoni's head are ridiculous.

If he subs out Dwight 30 secs too early "Wtf is Pringles doing, fire his ass already"

Calls a timeout too early "Wtf is this a**hole doing? We need Phil"

Wins a game but other team rallied late "worst win ever, why is he still coaching us"

Boo f***ing hoo. My heart bleeds. :rolleyes:

IGOTGAME
04-22-2013, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=Burgz V2]This is the exact reaction that ESPN preys on. You are overreacting.

If he subs out Dwight 30 secs too early "Wtf is Pringles doing, fire his ass already"

Wins a game but other team rallied late "worst win ever, why is he still coaching us"

Boo f***ing hoo. My heart bleeds. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

1. I don't watch ESPN. I don't have time to. I can bearly watch tv now.

2. Your post have nothing to do with what I wrote.

3. You sound dumb.

R.I.P.
04-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Stephen A. Smith thinks

No.

dh144498
04-22-2013, 10:58 PM

then why are you even in here in the first place? frigging idiot. :lol

TheBigVeto
04-22-2013, 11:02 PM
SAS should STFU. D'Antoni is right.

Rasheed1
04-22-2013, 11:12 PM

This is what Im talking about when I say its kobe's fault the team isnt living up to its potential...

If kobe bought into into the coach's gameplan and made sure his teammates followed suit? the team would be alot better. he has more clout than the coach and his word would carry all the weight..

Lebron and wade make it work in Miami because they buy into what spolstra is preaching..

if kobe did that? the lakers would be alot better team

kamil
04-22-2013, 11:30 PM

April 2013

IGOTGAME
04-22-2013, 11:35 PM
This is what Im talking about when I say its kobe's fault the team isnt living up to its potential...

If kobe bought into into the coach's gameplan and made sure his teammates followed suit? the team would be alot better. he has more clout than the coach and his word would carry all the weight..

Lebron and wade make it work in Miami because they buy into what spolstra is preaching..

if kobe did that? the lakers would be alot better team
No they wouldn't. They wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Rasheed1
04-22-2013, 11:41 PM
No they wouldn't. They wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

They wouldnt just be in the playoffs (as an 8 seed that barely made it by the skin of their teeth)

they would at least be a top 4 seed... They have the talent... All they would need to do is focus on playing some defense and sharing the ball... Playing inside out on offense and being serious about defense..

But of course that would require some leadership from #24 and of course that aint ever gonna happen..

IGOTGAME
04-23-2013, 12:37 AM
They wouldnt just be in the playoffs (as an 8 seed that barely made it by the skin of their teeth)

they would at least be a top 4 seed... They have the talent... All they would need to do is focus on playing some defense and sharing the ball... Playing inside out on offense and being serious about defense..

But of course that would require some leadership from #24 and of course that aint ever gonna happen..
They actually didn't have the talent to be a very good team this year. No amount of effort would have changed it. Too many injuries and bad fits.

Rasheed1
04-23-2013, 12:48 AM
They actually didn't have the talent to be a very good team this year. No amount of effort would have changed it. Too many injuries and bad fits.

:facepalm how much more talent do you need?

kobe getting hurt throws a monkey wrench into everything... but it never should have come down to him playing so many minutes..

Championship teams totally buy into what the coach is preaching and MDA doesnt have the clout to make players follow him like Phil jax or Pop does...

He has more clout than spolestra though.. But the players in miami play like a team and they hold each other responsible for ALL aspects of the game...

You wont see Lebron and Wade bickering over who's team it is, or who gets to dominate the ball..

it makes all the difference in the world when the leader of the team sets the proper tone for how everyone will play the game...

IGOTGAME
04-23-2013, 12:53 AM
:facepalm how much more talent do you need?

kobe getting hurt throws a monkey wrench into everything... but it never should have come down to him playing so many minutes..

Championship teams totally buy into what the coach is preaching and MDA doesnt have the clout to make players follow him like Phil jax or Pop does...

He has more clout than spolestra though.. But the players in miami play like a team and they hold each responsible for ALL aspects of the game...

You wont see Lebron and Wade bickering over who's team it is, or who gets to dominate the ball..

it makes all the difference in the world when the leader of the team sets the proper tone for how everyone will play the game...

The pieces don't fit. Been saying it v since before the season. Nash was a bad pickup, there is no shooting, and the team is full of the worst defenders in the NBA. They aren't a top 4 team, especially considering all the injuries. If everything went right the probget 5 seed.

Btw...this team lost games bc of defense. It wasn't the offense. Sounds like they did buy in

Rasheed1
04-23-2013, 12:59 AM
Btw...this team lost games bc of defense. It wasn't the offense. Sounds like they did buy in

They didnt buy in.... They still dont really even have an identity except "kobe ball"

they should blow that team up after they get swept out of the playoffs...

Myth
04-23-2013, 01:09 AM
Why should D'Antoni do a "public" apology? The problem was that too much is going over the media anyway. Steven A wants it public just so they can talk about it.

Goldrush25
04-23-2013, 01:14 AM
The pieces don't fit. Been saying it v since before the season. Nash was a bad pickup, there is no shooting, and the team is full of the worst defenders in the NBA. They aren't a top 4 team, especially considering all the injuries. If everything went right the probget 5 seed.

Obviously the Lakers dealt with bad luck with a ton of things, mainly injuries. Everyone in the starting lineup has had injury issues. That is some horrible luck.

But I disagree with "the pieces don't fit." Top talent always fits, eventually. They just need time together. People were saying that same thing about the Heat during 2011, about how two ball-dominant players can't succeed, which was stupid. It was always going to work. There are growing pains and I don't see how anyone thought this team would be exempt from that.

The team needs chemistry. That only comes with time and reps. To that end, the Lakers haven't done a good job of getting out of their own way. They canned Mike Brown then brought a stubborn coach in, all the while they have one (great) player consuming more than half of their salary cap, another player in a year before max contract who started the year coming off of back surgery. Then Nash gets hurt early in the year, and before you know it, the season has passed without the starpower having played enough meaningful minutes. It's a credit to them that they even made the playoffs to be honest.

This team will be a lot better next year if Dwight comes back and they have an entire summer to work and improve.

GOBB
04-23-2013, 08:49 AM

Hardly disrespectful your teams leader the man with power is at home like you and met tweeting commentary on what a HC should be doing. Once Kobe crossed that line he became a fan. And he was called as such. You and others can't see the difference between you don't like Dantoni. There is a bias for Kobe. See you didn't even address the line of questioning at that particular moment? Stupid question but media got him to say something people can blow up. Now Kobe says he is not gonna tweet: why? Because he knows the issues it causes.

STATUTORY
04-23-2013, 09:06 AM

another idiot claiming shit without actually having seen any lakers game this year. when Kobe bought into the Dantoni PnR system they were like 10 games under 500. after kobe asserted himself and start running offense through the post lakers went on a 28-12 or so run to get in the playoffs.

Burgz V2
04-23-2013, 09:28 AM
[QUOTE=Burgz V2]This is the exact reaction that ESPN preys on. You are overreacting.

Boo f***ing hoo. My heart bleeds. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

1. I don't watch ESPN. I don't have time to. I can bearly watch tv now.

2. Your post have nothing to do with what I wrote.

3. You sound dumb.

Dude, look at what you wrote. And you say I sound dumb?

:kobe:

BigDipper13
04-23-2013, 09:43 AM
He doesn't owe him an apology. SAS is just overreacting to create a reaction.

IGOTGAME
04-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Hardly disrespectful your teams leader the man with power is at home like you and met tweeting commentary on what a HC should be doing. Once Kobe crossed that line he became a fan. And he was called as such. You and others can't see the difference between you don't like Dantoni. There is a bias for Kobe. See you didn't even address the line of questioning at that particular moment? Stupid question but media got him to say something people can blow up. Now Kobe says he is not gonna tweet: why? Because he knows the issues it causes.
Kobe is a member of the lakers organization. He has more power than DAntoni. He isn't a merely a fan because he isn't playing. Guess Jim Buss and Kupchicm are fans too, both can get him fired quick.

Hope the lakers get sweep and the team rebels against the coach. Dantoni is trash and petty. Not the type tl lead through adversity.

chosen_wun
04-23-2013, 11:12 AM
MDA is horrible, he has dissed every star on LA except Nash so far. Only a matter of time before he throws Nash under the bus.

SAS is right about MDA.

He even runs stars into the ground with unworldly minutes to save his behind. Nash, Kobe, Amare, Lin, Melo etc.

GOBB
04-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Kobe is a member of the lakers organization. He has more power than DAntoni. He isn't a merely a fan because he isn't playing. Guess Jim Buss and Kupchicm are fans too, both can get him fired quick.

Hope the lakers get sweep and the team rebels against the coach. Dantoni is trash and petty. Not the type tl lead through adversity.

What Kobe did was act like a fan and forget he represents the Lakers. So his comments shouldn't have been said in a public forum, social media site. Kobe knows that too which is why he won't tweet again about what the coach should be doing. He can have all the power he wants but players and coaches shouldn't question each other in the media. Tweeting is for the birds.

Shepseskaf
04-23-2013, 12:03 PM
MDA is horrible, he has dissed every star on LA except Nash so far. Only a matter of time before he throws Nash under the bus.

SAS is right about MDA.
I agree with this. For some context, SAS' entire rant on First Take focused on the fact that Pringles is too stubborn for his own good, and simply hasn't earned the right to disrespect someone like Kobe.

Something that really hasn't been discussed much is how petty Pringles is. Other than George Karl, I can't think of any other coach who is known for feuding with his stars.

I'm still not happy with the way Starbury was treated with Pringles took the NY job. Granted, Steph wasn't an angel, but he did not deserve to be tossed aside before the season even began. Its pretty much the way Pau was treated.