PDA

View Full Version : You can add another name to the "ring chasing veterans" list

Levity
04-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Dalembert interested in joining the heat

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/nba/miami-heat/story/Dalembert-interested-in-joining-Heat-nex?blockID=894773&feedID=3720

[quote]

Theoo
04-22-2013, 01:37 PM
yes alway wanted bertman to the maimi heat he well be a nice for sure way beter then fk** jole anthony

HomieWeMajor
04-22-2013, 01:37 PM
You guys reckon Pat Riley rents prostitutes for when free agents come down to Miami to consider signing there ?

strike first
04-22-2013, 01:38 PM
what is it with nba fans and 'ring chasing'

Are you guys so shocked players want to join good teams? you realize this happens in all sports?

Levity
04-22-2013, 01:39 PM
what is it with nba fans and 'ring chasing'

Are you guys so shocked players want to join good teams? you realize this happens in all sports?

I'm calling it what it is, ring chasing. No more, no less.

PJR
04-22-2013, 01:46 PM
No thanks. Dalembert goes against everything this team preaches, which is sacrifice. Dalembert is noted to complain about his role and touches quite often, when things don't go his way. And he isn't even that good in the first place. Guy is a dumbass basketball player. There's a reason he's been glued to the bench the last couple seasons.

Riley will prioritize re-signing Birdman, before he considers signing Dalembert at all. Book it.

HardwoodLegend
04-22-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm calling it what it is, ring chasing. No more, no less.

Every player would do it if they didn't find themselves in a better situation. Kobe would have ring chased if his front office didn't get their act together after drafting him into a goldmine and then falling on the fritz for a while.

Legends66NBA7
04-22-2013, 01:56 PM
You guys reckon Pat Riley rents prostitutes for when free agents come down to Miami to consider signing there ?

:oldlol:

ripthekik
04-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Every player would do it if they didn't find themselves in a better situation. Kobe would have ring chased if his front office didn't get their act together after drafting him into a goldmine and then falling on the fritz for a while.
There's a HUGE difference between WOULD and DID.

HardwoodLegend
04-22-2013, 02:01 PM
There's a HUGE difference between WOULD and DID.

LeBron created his own luck, period. No shame in it. He didn't luck out like Kobe did with a great front office, so he took matters into his own hands.

There is no issue here.

Levity
04-22-2013, 02:02 PM

Ok. again, im not discrediting dalembert. but people seem to put that connotation together with the term ring chasing

ripthekik
04-22-2013, 02:03 PM
LeBron created his own luck, period. No shame in it. He didn't luck out like Kobe did with a great front office, so he took matters into his own hands.

There is no issue here.
Of course there's no issue or shame for him. Doesn't change the difference between he is someone that DID ringchase, and Kobe is someone that DIDN'T ringchase.

NauruDude
04-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Tim Duncan to the Heat would be cool!!!

Trollsmasher
04-22-2013, 02:05 PM
They should focus on keeping Birdman. Dalembert brings nothing over him.

NumberSix
04-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Rent? n****s wit $$$ don't rent, they buy.

HardwoodLegend
04-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Of course there's no issue or shame for him. Doesn't change the difference between he is someone that DID ringchase, and Kobe is someone that DIDN'T ringchase.

LOL, like you and your cronies don't bring it up to try and shame/belittle him?

LeBron was his own front office when his wasn't doing their job, so I applaud him. No asterisk, and it doesn't even deserve mentioning.

LeBron = GOAT GM/Player

Ne 1
04-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Every player would do it if they didn't find themselves in a better situation. Kobe would have ring chased if his front office didn't get their act together Nope. Kobe was on the verge of signing with the Clippers in '04 and he was going to go go to the Bulls in '07.

ripthekik
04-22-2013, 02:10 PM

LeBron was his own front office when his wasn't doing their job, so I applaud him. No asterisk, and it doesn't even deserve mentioning.

LeBron = GOAT GM/Player
Of course, great for you to think of it that way. But take away all personal feelings, your and mine.

Boil it down to the facts. Lebron ring-chased. Kobe didn't.

Cold, hard facts. Whatever you think of it is up to you..

Lebron23
04-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Miami don't need him. He's going to be a washed up 32 yrs.old at the start of the season. He needs to sign with the Lakers to play with a 35 yrs.old Kobe and a 40 years old Nash.

Solefade
04-22-2013, 02:14 PM

So teaming up with Dwight, Nash, Pau and asking for Phil to coach isn't ring chasing? :confusedshrug:

The Choken One
04-22-2013, 02:14 PM

LeBron = GOAT GM/Player
Dem 2013's.... No shame. This moron had to be an alt account. I refuse to believe a person this dumb lives in the US.

Inb4 some poverty country like the Phillipines

ripthekik
04-22-2013, 02:15 PM
So teaming up with Dwight, Nash, Pau and asking for Phil to coach isn't ring chasing? :confusedshrug:
How did he team up with any of them? He switched teams? He signed a new deal? how?

:rolleyes:

Lebron23
04-22-2013, 02:16 PM
I rather see Miami sign Denzel Bowles.

Levity
04-22-2013, 02:17 PM

:biggums:

Quality sixth post... pure quality.

lilgodfather1
04-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Dalembert would be a great pickup for them honestly. You can never have too many big men.

And considering the Heat's rebounding woes, it certainy can't hurt...

pegasus
04-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Miami don't need him. He's going to be a washed up 32 yrs.old at the start of the season. He needs to sign with the Lakers to play with a 35 yrs.old Kobe and a 40 years old Nash.
The Robot has spoken!:bowdown:

Levity
04-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Dalembert would be a great pickup for them honestly. You can never have too many big men.

i agree. and if given the minutes, he'd be the best rebounder on the heat, and could give you 1-2 blocks a game.

Lebron23

Lakers with Kobe are Barely a playoffs team. The guy is obviously the dumbest poster in this forum. It's very difficult for a franchise player to sign with a small market team. A Prime Michael Redd turned down the opportunity to play in Cleveland.

LeBron will be a 2x NBA Finals MVP at the end of this season. He's officially going to surpass Kobe and Hakeem. Just enjoy the playoffs Kobetards.

daj0264
First Lebron now everybody ring chasing going to the heat

HomieWeMajor
04-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Lakers with Kobe are Barely a playoffs team. The guy is obviously the dumbest poster in this forum. It's very difficult for a franchise player to sign with a small market team. A Prime Michael Redd turned down the opportunity to play in Cleveland.

LeBron will be a 2x NBA Finals MVP at the end of this season. He's officially going to surpass Kobe and Hakeem. Just enjoy the playoffs Kobetards.
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143217&page=20

Lebron23
04-22-2013, 02:24 PM
The Robot has spoken!:bowdown:

I am just telling the truth a 10 year NBA veteran will have the same number of Finals MVP as a 17th year veteran.

ProfessorMurder
04-22-2013, 02:43 PM

I don't know if you've heard, but it's illegal to buy people.

BBallZen83
04-22-2013, 02:46 PM
If they buy that means they own. The life of a pimp aint easy.

NumberSix
04-22-2013, 02:48 PM
I don't know if you've heard, but it's illegal to buy people.
It's somewhat possible that I wasn't being entirely sincere.

Lebron23
04-22-2013, 02:50 PM
I rather have Chris Andersen right now. He has a better work ethic and better team player than Dumblambert.

Doctor Rivers
04-22-2013, 08:49 PM
The Heat are gonna sign Bynum

Bandito
04-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Not sure if serious or just a idiot.:roll:

Bandito
04-22-2013, 09:03 PM

You cannot be serious...

Also about the Lakers. Didn't you notice that the key players were missing or playing injured most of the year? Also they don't have good enough role players that can play the key player positions? This team is not stacked like the Heat bro.

Mr. Incredible
04-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Do. Not. Want.

Suguru101
04-22-2013, 09:10 PM

:roll: :roll: :lol

livingby3's
04-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Dem 2013's.... No shame. This moron had to be an alt account. I refuse to believe a person this dumb lives in the US.

Inb4 some poverty country like the Phillipines

so much for calling people dumb, when u made an even dumber statement

tazb
04-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Kobe ring chased when he entered the NBA DRAFT :roll:. Telling people you won't play unless you're playing in one of the greatest franchises in NBA history. :facepalm

Big Cheese
04-22-2013, 09:41 PM
As a fan I would respect a player who would take less money to win/ring-chase then someone who is only looking for a big payday.

wakencdukest
04-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Honestly, does anyone even care if some scrub like Dalembert chases a ring? He's never been significant or been a integral part of a team that came close, has he? Even if he got a ring, it wouldn't be because he contributed much.

Goldrush25
04-22-2013, 10:41 PM
I just don't get the outrage with "ring chasing."

The alternative is what, getting the most money you can possibly get?

Is there any player that ever took less money to play for a non-contender? Probably not.

That's usually what free agents do. Either take the most money that's offered, or take less to be in a better situation to win a title. So, to a cynic, every free agent is either greedy or is a "ring chaser."

Free agents either prioritize money or winning. Simple as that.

DMV2
04-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Honestly, does anyone even care if some scrub like Dalembert chases a ring? He's never been significant or been a integral part of a team that came close, has he? Even if he got a ring, it wouldn't be because he contributed much.
This. A ring wouldn't put Dalembert in the Top 100 rankings or anything, so why is it even being discussion in that fashion. LOL

DMV2
04-22-2013, 10:51 PM
OK, my bad. I take that back. A ring would officially cement Dalembert as the great Haitian Canadian basketball player of all-time. :bowdown:

imdaman99
04-22-2013, 10:54 PM
As a fan I would respect a player who would take less money to win/ring-chase then someone who is only looking for a big payday.
imagine if every everyone ring chased. it would ruin basketball.

fck your respect, aint nobody got time fo dat :banana:

Ne 1
04-22-2013, 11:43 PM
Kobe ring chased when he entered the NBA DRAFT :roll:. Telling people you won't play unless you're playing in one of the greatest franchises in NBA history. :facepalm

The deal was actually done a day ahead of time, and it was Vlade for a player to be named," said Bill Branch, the Hornets' head scout at the time who still operates out of Charlotte as a scout for the Seattle-now-Oklahoma City Sonics. "If I remember right, they didn't even tell us who they wanted us to pick until about five minutes before the pick was made. So it was never a matter of us actually drafting Kobe."

The trade was more about the Lakers' pursuit of Shaquille O'Neal in free agency and the Hornets' need to acquire a center than it was about Kobe Bryant.

So basically, the Hornets agreed to swap the 13th pick for Vlade before they even knew the Lakers wanted Kobe. The Lakers told the Hornets to draft Kobe 5 minutes before they made the pick.

Another quote:

“what chance did John Calipari and the Nets have of getting him to New Jersey vs. skipping off to Italy, which was the threat by agent Arn Tellem?

“Naw,” Kobe countered, “had the Nets drafted me, I would’ve played there and wouldn’t have tried to force a trade. I was 17, bro, I just wanted to ball.”

Kobe was a 17 years old kid. He was not proven, and he was a bench player back then straight out of high school. He averaged single digit points his first year. How is that the same thing as LeBron James at the peak/prime of his career teaming up with a top 3 player and another top 15 player in the game?

secund2nun
04-23-2013, 12:59 AM
He would be a huge addition. He would be the only other center on Miami aside from Birdman that is not vomit inducing. A rotation of Birdman and Dalembert would be sick.

To those saying Miami shouldn't go crazy about him you are crazy. Birdman will be 35 years old next season. He can only play so many mins a game and he could get injured. Miami needs 48 mins of good or decent center play. Birdman will only give you around 20. After him, Miami has one of the worst center rotations in NBA history.

PG Chalmers/Cole
SG Wade/Allen/Miller
SF Lebron/Miller/Lewis
PF Bosh/Haslem
C Birdman/Dalembert

Sick. Just look at how dominant Miami became when Birdman signed with them.

Myth
04-23-2013, 01:06 AM

Kobe was ring chasing before he was drafted.

d.bball.guy
04-23-2013, 01:16 AM
So what if he wins with the Heat? OMG, Dalembert just won a ring. Where does he go on the all time rankings? Does he surpass Chris Kaman?

ProfessorMurder
04-23-2013, 04:47 AM
It's somewhat possible that I wasn't being entirely sincere.

Me too.

Scholar
04-23-2013, 07:00 AM
So let me get this straight:

Dalembert is in the Playoffs with the Bucks. They are facing the Miami Heat in the 1st round. He proceeds to discuss joining the current opponents while the series is still going on?

:facepalm It'd be one thing if the series is over, but it's a whole different thing when you're still playing but already revealing your desires to abandon ship and hop on the next one.

The series is practically over anyway. Miami might as well bring out the brooms.

Ne 1
04-23-2013, 07:01 AM
Kobe was ring chasing before he was drafted.

:oldlol: How?

Kobe did not refuse to play for the Hornets. That's an unsubstantiated rumor, and it's been proven to be false. The Lakers loved the potential they saw in 17 year old Bryant before the draft and they needed to unload Vlade's contract to make room for Shaq.

Jerry West traded to get Kobe and the trade was made in advance, in order to unload Vlade's contract to sign Shaq. All Kobe did was turn off workouts once he got a promise from L.A. That is completely different from colluding with two other stars in the prime of your career in order to "win at least 8 rings."

The deal was actually done a day ahead of time, and it was Vlade for a player to be named," said Bill Branch, the Hornets' head scout at the time who still operates out of Charlotte as a scout for the Seattle-now-Oklahoma City Sonics. "If I remember right, they didn't even tell us who they wanted us to pick until about five minutes before the pick was made. So it was never a matter of us actually drafting Kobe.""
In order to get far enough under the salary cap to make a valid pitch to O'Neal, the Lakers needed to unload Divac's contract, preferably to a team under the salary cap and preferably for a draft pick. The Hornets had traded Alonzo Mourning the previous year, were without a bona fide center, and were well under the cap after renouncing the rights to free agent Kenny Anderson. They would trade Larry Johnson to New York for Anthony Mason later that summer.
The Hornets reasoned that they could come out of the draft with no better than Vitaly Potapenko or Todd Fuller if they drafted a center, and jumped at the chance to trade the 13th pick for Divac.
"When you look back at it, when we made that trade, here was a 17-year-old kid who had played in high school," said Bob Bass, the Hornets' executive vice president of basketball operations at the time. "Twelve other teams passed on him. We made a decision to win now and not later. We had Dave Cowens as our first-year coach, and I wanted to give him a chance to win. I knew if we got Divac in here, we'd win. I didn't feel the same about Bryant. Without Divac, I thought we might have won 25 games."

The Hornets won 54 games, then a franchise record, the next season with Divac.

Buckshot
04-23-2013, 08:00 AM
**** :facepalm

Buckshot
04-23-2013, 08:00 AM

Dalembert is in the Playoffs with the Bucks. They are facing the Miami Heat in the 1st round. He proceeds to discuss joining the current opponents while the series is still going on?

:facepalm It'd be one thing if the series is over, but it's a whole different thing when you're still playing but already revealing your desires to abandon ship and hop on the next one.

POS move

NBAller
04-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Come to Houston. :confusedshrug: we need help lol

Foster5k
04-23-2013, 08:09 AM
PG Chalmers/Cole
SG Wade/Allen/Miller
SF Lebron/Miller/Lewis
PF Bosh/Haslem
C Birdman/Dalembert

East all star team. :oldlol:

Blue&Orange
04-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Dalembert interested in joining the heat

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/nba/miami-heat/story/Dalembert-interested-in-joining-Heat-nex?blockID=894773&feedID=3720

Another big man presence cant hurt the Heat. and though its been said that Dalembert has no heart/is washed up, he's had some HUGE games this season when starting for the injured Sanders. So if this does come to fruition next season, the heat would only get better.
Next season, the minimum payroll of 90% of the cap is going to hit, teams will be offering ridiculous 1 year contracts to the scrubs, i doubt dalembert settles for a taxpayer contract.

oh the horror
04-23-2013, 08:44 AM

The series is practically over anyway. Miami might as well bring out the brooms.

Lol wow

Nash
04-23-2013, 08:45 AM
Yes, Dalembert shouldn't join a contender and live in sunny Miami. He should sign with a shitty team and go into oblivion so he can avoid being called ring chaser by some internet gangstas.

longtime lurker
04-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Why is this clown talking about free agency in the middle of a playoff series? :facepalm The lack of competitive spirit in this league is a freaking joke.

Flash31
04-23-2013, 11:38 AM
well he had a chance to join the heat the beginning of the season but he chose more money.Now that his team is not winning and not going anywhere he wants rings.He got paid now he wants rings.And if anything going to miami for a year or two is going to up his value and his resume,so if he goes for fa again he gets what he wants.If he decides to stay he can be one of the best rebounders on the heat and a solid contributor.

If you got paid already,its either more money,irrelevance,and losing or rings,championship contenders,prominence.

Look at Battier,Crawford,JR,Allen,Miller,Andersen.

Relevance,prominence,winning,higher value,winning

Crafty
04-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Good timming Samuel

jzek
04-23-2013, 02:17 PM
if i were the heat, i'd sign oden instead of dalembert

jzek
04-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Why is this clown talking about free agency in the middle of a playoff series? :facepalm The lack of competitive spirit in this league is a freaking joke.

'cos no one alive thinks the bucks can beat the heat. no one. not even their own players, coaches, owner, fans, etc.

at some point, you ahve to go back to reality and look at your team and the other team.

kNicKz
04-23-2013, 02:37 PM
at some point, you ahve to go back to reality and look at your team and the other team.

or you could try and ...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/1999/playoffs/news/1999/06/09/knicks_pacers/lg_knicks_ap_01.jpg

nvm actually....

**** competition. Seeds are death sentences. No low seed has ever pulled an upset

Fudge
04-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Dude, the whole 2013 Heat team is full of ring chasers outside of Wade, Cole, and Haslem; guys that's been drafted or been with the team from the get-go.

RRR3
04-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Dude, the whole 2013 Heat team is full of ring chasers outside of Wade, Cole, and Haslem; guys that's been drafted or been with the team from the get-go.
Chalmers, Joel Anthony have been with the team from the get-go. James Jones signed b4 big three as well.

:coleman:

Fudge
04-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Chalmers, Joel Anthony have been with the team from the get-go. James Jones signed b4 big three as well.

:coleman:
Oh right cant forget about Rio. **** Joel Anthony, dude's got a big head.

RRR3
04-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Oh right cant forget about Rio. **** Joel Anthony, dude's got a big head.
:yaohappy: