PDA

View Full Version : It's infuriating to see the Bulls playing their hearts out while Rose sits at home

Pages : [1] 2

black&scholes
04-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Serious this Bulls team is so tough and has so much heart, even though a lot of their players such as Noah are injured, they're still playing their heart out and winning games. They're not giving up.

And mean while Rose is sitting home afraid of being injured again and being b1tchy about how this team can't beat the heat so he won't play.

I just lost all my respect for Rose.

Johnny Jones
04-22-2013, 11:08 PM
If I was a Bulls fan I would be extremely pissed off. Rose quit on that team.

TheReal Kendall
04-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Serious this Bulls team is so tough and has so much heart, even though a lot of their players such as Noah are injured, they're still playing their heart out and winning games. They're not giving up.

And mean while Rose is sitting home afraid of being injured again and being b1tchy about how this team can't beat the heat so he won't play.

I just lost all my respect for Rose.:facepalm

Get off Rose's johnson!

Mr. Jabbar
04-22-2013, 11:10 PM
Bulls fans would die to have Rose at least being commited to his team by twitting the way kobe is :bowdown:

Ol Dirty Bastard
04-22-2013, 11:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCADLj0Y1QE

The Genius
04-22-2013, 11:14 PM
I haven't followed this closely but is Rose actually cleared to return and deciding not to? I've so far been dismissing these type of posts as overreactions.

shady6121
04-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Derrick Rose is bitch made, while Joakim Noah on the other hand has the heart of a champion.

monkeypox
04-22-2013, 11:15 PM
I've really lost respect for Rose. I hope he never sees higher than a 6 seed the rest of his career so he can understand what he squandered away. Jordan has that famous quote about bringing it every night because he felt like if he didn't he was defrauding the fans who paid to see him. We're a long ****ing way from that mentality. Now all the top stars was title teams served to them like champagne at a night club. Everyone wants it easy, no one feels like they have to struggle. So they'll sit out if shit isn't perfect or they'll join up in to super teams if their situation doesn't make it easy enough for them. Sad really.

04-22-2013, 11:16 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

AussieG
04-22-2013, 11:17 PM
I haven't followed this closely but is Rose actually cleared to return and deciding not to? I've so far been dismissing these type of posts as overreactions.
He was cleared to play months ago and hasn't even played 1 minute.. because of "mental issues" rather than physical ones. He's even talked about God and.. I'll stop there. :facepalm

DuMa
04-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Hes not sitting at home. He's sitting on the bench with a suit on.
Bulls players hasnt talked about him returning early. They have complete trust in him to return when he is ready.

This thread is done

Clutch
04-22-2013, 11:18 PM
Derrick Rose is bitch made, while Joakim Noah on the other hand has the heart of a champion.
this

Indian guy
04-22-2013, 11:18 PM
If I was a Bulls fan I would be extremely pissed off. Rose quit on that team.

For the millionth time, every Bulls fan is pissed. The only people who are indifferent or supportive of Rose in this situation are those who are NOT Bulls fans. These are the people who don't really care about the situation.

black&scholes
04-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Bulls players hasnt talked about him returning early. They have complete trust in him to return when he is ready.

This thread is done

if noah can play while being injured, why cant rose play while being healthy?

The Genius
04-22-2013, 11:20 PM
He was cleared to play months ago and hasn't even played 1 minute.. because of "mental issues" rather than physical ones. He's even talked about God and.. I'll stop there. :facepalm

Thanks for that. That does not look good for him. Right or wrong, athletes are judged for things like this.

bagelred
04-22-2013, 11:21 PM
Has anyone posting on this board ever tore their ACL? If you did, you'll know its a slow return to full strength. It simply doesn't feel right and it's hard to trust your knee. It's a slow process. It's not like a broken bone that just heals and you're good to go........

KyleKong
04-22-2013, 11:23 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

black&scholes
04-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Has anyone posting on this board ever tore their ACL? If you did, you'll know its a slow return to full strength. It simply doesn't feel right and it's hard to trust your knee. It's a slow process. It's not like a broken bone that just heals and you're good to go........

you cant recover if u dont play

The Genius
04-22-2013, 11:25 PM

I've never torn an ACL so no I don't know what it's like. However, why would he be cleared to play if he wasn't physically ready? I'm not going to judge him one way or the other but this is pretty strange.

monkeypox
04-22-2013, 11:28 PM
you cant recover if u dont play

It's also hard to say you aren't recovered enough to play when you're going full speed at practice. Is he expecting his knee to be like it was never injured? If that rumor is true and he's really sitting out because he doesn't think his team is good enough, then he's beyond sad. As the leader HE'S the one that's supposed to make the team great. At this point Noah is the leader till Rose proves he still wants to be a basketball player.

black&scholes
04-22-2013, 11:29 PM
rose is spoiled, he should be traded to thne bobcats so he can learn to cherish being on playoff calibre teams

9erempiree
04-22-2013, 11:32 PM
He's done in Chicago.

Chicago sports radio have been talking about his trade value.

The Bulls are an old team with their core. There are so many years that you can stay relevant.

AintNoSunshine
04-22-2013, 11:40 PM
with or without rose they aren't going to win anything so I can see why rose refuses to come back

but then as a competitor, it's uncalled for to be still sitting after being medically cleared 2 months ago

I definitely lost respect for him.

9erempiree
04-22-2013, 11:43 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2517195/roseclaps_medium.gif

black&scholes
04-22-2013, 11:43 PM
with or without rose they aren't going to win anything so I can see why rose refuses to come back

but then as a competitor, it's uncalled for to be still sitting after being medically cleared 2 months ago

I definitely lost respect for him.

if not being able to win championship is justification for not playing, then 29 of the teams shouldn't be playing

ConanRulesNBC
04-22-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm not completely against Rose. I mean I'll be honest come next season when he's back out there making unbelievable plays I'll be cheering my ass off. But yeah right now I don't know how even the biggest Rose fans can't be pissed off that he's sitting out right now while his teammates are out there busting their asses off. Noah, Taj, Deng, Hinrich are all playing through injuries.

maybeshewill13
04-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Rose wishes he had GOATbrook's heart. Rose is a ****ing *****.

maybeshewill13
04-22-2013, 11:49 PM
Players who did their ACL around the same time were back months ago.. And he's been cleared to play by doctors months ago. Expensive, team doctors who have only the team's best interest at heart. Dude's a straight bitch.

G-Funk
04-22-2013, 11:53 PM
That fool is weak

black&scholes
04-22-2013, 11:53 PM
I'm not completely against Rose. I mean I'll be honest come next season when he's back out there making unbelievable plays I'll be cheering my ass off. But yeah right now I don't know how even the biggest Rose fans can't be pissed off that he's sitting out right now while his teammates are out there busting their asses off. Noah, Taj, Deng, Hinrich are all playing through injuries.

this

AintNoSunshine
04-22-2013, 11:56 PM
if not being able to win championship is justification for not playing, then 29 of the teams shouldn't be playing

with a healthy rose, their inspiration is definitely to win a championship. as I said, he should be playing but I can understand where they're coming from for waiting until next season

black&scholes
04-23-2013, 12:01 AM
with a healthy rose, their inspiration is definitely to win a championship. as I said, he should be playing but I can understand where they're coming from for waiting until next season

regardless whether they can win championship or not, rose should be play and play his heart out

Rose got lucky that he never had to endure a bad team like MJ and lebron have

ClutchOver9000
04-23-2013, 12:02 AM
If I'm a Bulls fan, I'd be quite annoyed I'll tell you that much...

KingTut
04-23-2013, 12:03 AM
His teammates got his back.

wang4three
04-23-2013, 12:04 AM
I was a big fan, but I've lost a lot of respect. It's kinda cowardly and disgraceful he continues to collect big fat paychecks and being credited as the leader of this team.

Mental issues? This guy has had mental issues all his life. He was too dumb to take the SATs, he lets his loser brother speak for him all the time, and now he can't play the one sport that's keeping him from being a common man.

Meanwhile you have guys like Joakim Noah who you would literally have to saw his legs off to prevent him from playing. Even without legs, I'm not convinced Joakim wouldn't try to figure out a way to play.

It's a shame. Even though his teammates are behind with him publicly, I bet behind closed doors it's a different tune.

HardwoodLegend
04-23-2013, 12:10 AM
All he would do is disrupt chemistry and bring a hesitant presence on the court anyway.

He's doing them a favor by sitting out this season.

Mrofir
I'm wondering if there is a playoff scenario that would bring Rose back -- something bizarre would have to happen for sure, and I'd never wish for any of these scenarios to unfold, but this type of thing would totally expose DRose for basically abandoning his team this year to hold out for a better roster...

1) Bucks beat the Heat, Bulls advance

2) Bulls advance, one or two of Heat big 3 are injured for 2nd round

Would he come back? I think so.. which is why he should already be playing

CHi1PriDe
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda pissed. Honestly, there was just so much hype with "the return" and getting teased with all these reports. Just gotta be patient, I guess :cry:

9erempiree
04-23-2013, 12:12 AM
I'm wondering if there is a playoff scenario that would bring Rose back -- something bizarre would have to happen for sure, and I'd never wish for any of these scenarios to unfold, but this type of thing would totally expose DRose for basically abandoning his team this year to hold out for a better roster...

1) Bucks beat the Heat, Bulls advance

2) Bulls advance, one or two of Heat big 3 are injured for 2nd round

Would he come back? I think so.. which is why he should already be playing

I guarantee he plays if the Bulls go deep into the playoffs and if those scenarios actually happened.

He would be criticized if he did and if he didn't. I think he should play now.

Random_Guy
04-23-2013, 12:13 AM
Not a bulls fan myself, but as a longtime reader of bulls forums, the fans are getting really pissed off:roll: I don't really care about him to be honest, but I do hope he comes back for some exciting basketball.:cheers:

Ikill
04-23-2013, 12:36 AM
Rose was playing through multiple injuries last year and he was playing through injuries in the 2011 playoffs. Its exactly why he tore his acl last year cause he was playing with injuries that didn't allow him to play freely. If he isn't fully comfortable with his body than he is increasing the risk of getting injured again. He probably should be playing now but i understand why he's not considering what happened last year playing games when he wasn't ready to.

(e)
04-23-2013, 12:50 AM
8-12 month injury. It's been 11 months since surgery.

Fckin haters man. Sure, Rose has been cleared, but if he doesn't feel right then don't rush back.

I'd rather have Derrick Rose for another 10+ years, rather than him rush back to become Brandon Roy 2.0

monkeypox
04-23-2013, 12:56 AM

Fckin haters man. Sure, Rose has been cleared, but if he doesn't feel right then don't rush back.

I'd rather have Derrick Rose for another 10+ years, rather than him rush back to become Brandon Roy 2.0

This doesn't even makes sense. Brandon Roy had a degenerative issue that was known about before he was even drafted. Goldbricking for an extra 5 months wouldn't have saved him. Derrick Rose had an ACL tear and says he's physically fine, just dealing with mentally being ready. The only reason why he's not playing is because he doesn't feel like it. Brandon Roy would eat Derrick Roses shoe to play one more game in the playoffs. The guy wanted to play so much he came back on busted knees. Derrick Rose cares so little that even when physically healthy he doesn't want to play in the playoffs. There's no comparison.

Grinder
04-23-2013, 12:59 AM
I was a big fan, but I've lost a lot of respect. It's kinda cowardly and disgraceful he continues to collect big fat paychecks and being credited as the leader of this team.

Mental issues? This guy has had mental issues all his life. He was too dumb to take the SATs, he lets his loser brother speak for him all the time, and now he can't play the one sport that's keeping him from being a common man.

Meanwhile you have guys like Joakim Noah who you would literally have to saw his legs off to prevent him from playing. Even without legs, I'm not convinced Joakim wouldn't try to figure out a way to play.

It's a shame. Even though his teammates are behind with him publicly, I bet behind closed doors it's a different tune.

This is generally how I feel about the situation as well.

Dengness9
04-23-2013, 01:02 AM
For the millionth time, every Bulls fan is pissed. The only people who are indifferent or supportive of Rose in this situation are those who are NOT Bulls fans. These are the people who don't really care about the situation.

I care more than i can possibly put into words and I still fully support Rose.

You suck dude. You are or were a Bulls fan but love Lebron. Whatever.

SoCalLakersFan1
04-23-2013, 01:04 AM
Very mentally weak for a "superstar". Kobe wouldn't ***** out.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-23-2013, 01:04 AM
Rose is bitchmade like Lebron and Wade and Bosh. True warriors like KG, Kobe, Noah, CP3, KD, Westbrook etc are dying breed.

Dengness9
04-23-2013, 01:05 AM
:facepalm

Get off Rose's johnson!
:applause:

Dengness9
04-23-2013, 01:05 AM

This thread is done

Dengness9
04-23-2013, 01:06 AM

boozehound
04-23-2013, 01:06 AM
Players who did their ACL around the same time were back months ago.. And he's been cleared to play by doctors months ago. Expensive, team doctors who have only the team's best interest at heart. Dude's a straight bitch.
pretty sure iman shumpert tore his acl on the exact same day

Dengness9
04-23-2013, 01:08 AM
His teammates got his back.

Dengness9
04-23-2013, 01:08 AM
Rose was playing through multiple injuries last year and he was playing through injuries in the 2011 playoffs. Its exactly why he tore his acl last year cause he was playing with injuries that didn't allow him to play freely. If he isn't fully comfortable with his body than he is increasing the risk of getting injured again. He probably should be playing now but i understand why he's not considering what happened last year playing games when he wasn't ready to.

Dengness9
04-23-2013, 01:09 AM

Dengness9
04-23-2013, 01:11 AM
It's funny to see non-sense spewed about Shumpert's return and comparing it to Rose like they are the same situation.

Just stop. Rose would have to play twice the minutes and have 1000x more workload and pressure.

imdaman99
04-23-2013, 01:11 AM
16 million dollar cheerleader to sell tickets.

hes only #20 on the highest paid nba players

TOP SALARIES
1. Kobe Bryant $27,849,000
2. Brandon Roy $21,459,805
3. Dirk Nowitzki $20,907,128
4. Gilbert Arenas $20,807,922
5. Amare Stoudemire $19,948,799
6. Joe Johnson $19,752,645
7. Carmelo Anthony $19,450,000
8. Dwight Howard $19,261,200
9. Pau Gasol $19,000,000
10. Elton Brand $18,160,354
11. Chris Paul $17,779,457
12. Kevin Durant $17,548,838
13. Chris Bosh $17,545,000
13. LeBron James $17,545,000
14. Deron Williams $17,177,795
15. Dwyane Wade $17,024,000
16. Paul Pierce $16,790,345
17. Zach Randolph $16,500,000
18. Andrew Bynum $16,473,002
19. Rudy Gay $16,460,532
20. Derrick Rose $16,402,500
21. Rashard Lewis $15,052,181
22. Carlos Boozer $15,000,000
22. Al Jefferson $15,000,000
23. Baron Davis $14,850,000
24. Andre Iguodala $14,718,250
25. Manu Ginobili $14,107,492
26. Marc Gasol $13,891,359
27. Roy Hibbert $13,668,750
27. Kevin Love $13,668,750

branden roy #2??????????? is this real life??????

Dengness9
04-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Also funny seeing Kobe fans talk about Rose when Rose is clearly one of Kobe's favorite ballers of the next generation and they both play like alpha dogs on the court.

(e)
04-23-2013, 01:14 AM
This doesn't even makes sense. Brandon Roy had a degenerative issue that was known about before he was even drafted. Goldbricking for an extra 5 months wouldn't have saved him. Derrick Rose had an ACL tear and says he's physically fine, just dealing with mentally being ready. The only reason why he's not playing is because he doesn't feel like it. Brandon Roy would eat Derrick Roses shoe to play one more game in the playoffs. The guy wanted to play so much he came back on busted knees. Derrick Rose cares so little that even when physically healthy he doesn't want to play in the playoffs. There's no comparison.

How do knee issues start? Maybe returning too early from a previous injury?

Do you personally know Derrick Rose? You know he doesn't care and he just doesn't feel like playing? GTFO.

There is absolutely nothing wrong by being completely cautious with something like this. If he doesn't feel right, he doesn't feel right. I wouldn't want him on the floor thinking about his knee.

Now, if he rolls through training camp and isn't ready to return...then there is an issue. But people acting like he has given up on his team or don't care are retarded. Many players would of benefited from taking their time coming back from a major injury.

boozehound
04-23-2013, 01:14 AM
It's funny to see non-sense spewed about Shumpert's return and comparing it to Rose like they are the same situation.

Just stop. Rose would have to play twice the minutes and have 1000x more workload and pressure.
any workload is better than none. Face it, dude is a softy. He has been cleared for 2 months and has been going full bore in practice for nearly a month. Dude is mentally weak and its a shame. This bulls team could challenge the heat IMO

SoCalLakersFan1
04-23-2013, 01:15 AM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bulls/2012/10/rose_and_rubio_talk_before_gam.html

So Rose was ahead of Rubio in October (Was shooting jumpers while Rubio was shooting set shots), and yet Rubio returned in December while Rose is still MIA? Lol.

boozehound
04-23-2013, 01:16 AM

Do you personally know Derrick Rose? You know he doesn't care and he just doesn't feel like playing? GTFO.

There is absolutely nothing wrong by being completely cautious with something like this. If he doesn't feel right, he doesn't feel right. I wouldn't want him on the floor thinking about his knee.

Now, if he rolls through training camp and isn't ready to return...then there is an issue. But people acting like he has given up on his team or don't care are retarded. Many players would of benefited from taking their time coming back from a major injury.
You clearly know nothing about the roy situation. It has nothing to do with ligaments or coming back from an injury. its a degenerative cartilage situation which is not comparable. Just stop, you look like an idiot. I know fanbois have to defend their hero, but please try and keep it reasonable. Roy's knees have nothing to do with ligaments or injury.

nathanjizzle
04-23-2013, 01:17 AM
Oh the irony of calling someone a bitch behind a computer screen

Millennium X
04-23-2013, 01:18 AM
rose needs more help, this is his way and his brother reggie's way of demanding it. basically the whole world can see the bulls won't get out of the first round without rose back to back seasons. every star player has their own way of asking for more help.

lebron left for a new team, wade recruits, kobe whines like a biatch and publicly blasts teammates/management, dwight gets coaches fired, melo also demanded out, so did chris paul...... and the list goes on.

Dengness9
04-23-2013, 01:19 AM
any workload is better than none. Face it, dude is a softy. He has been cleared for 2 months and has been going full bore in practice for nearly a month. Dude is mentally weak and its a shame. This bulls team could challenge the heat IMO

Derrick Rose isn't soft, but he is definitely mentally shaken right now.

The kid has come from one of the worst neighborhoods in the USA, played his ass of from day 1 with Chicago, and made the Bulls relevant again. Im not gonna start hating now.

He'll be back next year and i dont jump on bandwagons like most other posters here hop on dick on regular basis.

everyone is calling him out but every situation is different and has different circumstances. Everyone forgets this.

Dengness9
04-23-2013, 01:20 AM
If Derrick Rose gets called out for this situation its still NOWHERE NEAR as bad as Lebron quitting on the Cavs in the playoffs.

FACT

dbk123
04-23-2013, 01:21 AM
bitch you wasnt with me shooting in the gym

monkeypox
04-23-2013, 01:22 AM

Do you know him personally? Then what difference does it make. We're both speculating based on what we read and hear.

Coming from his own mouth he's physically ready. According to his doctors he's physically ready? Do you know more than the doctors and D Rose himself? Lol. He's not playing because he doesn't feel like it. Not the feeling in his knee, mind you, but his actual feelings. Maybe this is where you're getting confused.

What's the logical way to interpret that? That he cares so much about his team he doesn't want to play.... till... his emotions are ok with it? You're talking about this like his injury isn't already healed and the Bulls fans are turning on him because they're being a-holes. Yes it could benefit players to not rush back. A month after being cleared to play is a little bit beyond rushing back so it's not really a good argument.

Someone said it to defend him in the deleted thread, he's taking care of himself and he's worried about his money. Fine. There's no reason for anyone for like him for it though.

(e)
04-23-2013, 01:26 AM
You clearly know nothing about the roy situation. It has nothing to do with ligaments or coming back from an injury. its a degenerative cartilage situation which is not comparable. Just stop, you look like an idiot. I know fanbois have to defend their hero, but please try and keep it reasonable. Roy's knees have nothing to do with ligaments or injury.
I never said he had the same injury or anything, just using the comparison of a young player having early success (ROtY, 2nd year All-Star, ect ect) to a guy falling off due to injury.

Absolutely NO reason for Rose to come back when he doesn't feel ready, my main point is the guy is 24 years old and still has a long career ahead of him if he's able to stay healthy.

Blake Griffin took a whole year off after his busted knee cap...seemed to work pretty well for him.

boozehound
04-23-2013, 01:28 AM
I never said he had the same injury or anything, just using the comparison of a young player having early success (ROtY, 2nd year All-Star, ect ect) to a guy falling off due to injury.

Absolutely NO reason for Rose to come back when he doesn't feel ready, my main point is the guy is 24 years old and still has a long career ahead of him if he's able to stay healthy.

Blake Griffin took a whole year off after his busted knee cap...seemed to work pretty well for him.
the difference is that none of them were cleared to play, said themselves they were physically ready to go and still didnt come back. I wonder what your take is on Royce White? Personally, I dont think there is much difference. If you can physically play, but are limited due to mental concerns/health.....

Pointguard
04-23-2013, 02:21 AM

I just lost all my respect for Rose.

This is the 8th thread on this topic. You had to start your own.

Derrick Rose knew in his gut that something was wrong in 2012. He refused to do much that was risky. Who CLEARED HIM not ONCE, noT TWICE, But THREE times! And each time it got worse and worse. He compromised himself three times in their name. Look what it got him. Sure they don't make mistake and why not trust his career with them. He knew better than them the whole of 2012 but they CLEARED him. You think he's going to trust them gung ho, now knowing that they caused him crazy damage in his career.

Read the threads... you have no idea what you are talking about. You are now so far gone that you can't distinguish straight up haters from Bulls fans. You've gone off the cliff. It would be easier for you to distinguish them if you weren't trying to play both sides of the fence.

He's done in Chicago.
Chicago sports radio have been talking about his trade value.
The Bulls are an old team with their core. There are so many years that you can stay relevant.
Huh??? The core of the team Booze 31, Deng 28, Butler 23, Gibson 27, Noah 27, Rose 24, The older guys minus Booze will be in their prime next year. Butler can be a rising star and should break out next year. Gibson might make a big improvement next year. Your team Nash 38, Jamison 36, Kobe 34, Metta 33, Gasol and Blake 32 did I miss something here??

You are a deranged hater, not an obsessed one. "Mental issues...a common man... SAT scores..." you are a bit unbalanced. He's not rushing back from an injury, not taking the LSAT's, sicko. Think about it for a second. He was nominated the best person on the planet at what he does. And you are a fan at what he does - infact you are in some way a part contributor to his 300million dollar empire. And you have to reach for his SAT scores? Mental issues. Really.

You understand value. Hey, I wish Amare had taken off and cleared his issues. We got three undependable years with him. I would rather have had this one good year than the previous two. Brandon Roy. Its different if he can go 100 without thinking about it, but he can't. And the risk is his career for a few playoff games that he won't feel like himself in. The Risk Reward is totally crazy.

ballinhun8
04-23-2013, 02:30 AM
Wow guess the cool thing nowadays is to pile on and hate a guy for sitting down.

Weren't some of these people saying he should just sit out the whole year and come back for the 2013 regular season? But since he's cheering his teammates on the bench they think he should be playing.

He's got a long bright future so why risk it to rush back for 5-10 games of playoffs where it'll be tough to re-work chemistry issues with the team?

Shepseskaf
04-23-2013, 02:42 AM
This is a huge PR mistake by Rose. It would have been better to come back for limited minutes and work his way back into the game.

He's putting way too much pressure on himself to come back at a superstar level.

Pointguard
04-23-2013, 02:43 AM
the difference is that none of them were cleared to play, said themselves they were physically ready to go and still didnt come back. I wonder what your take is on Royce White? Personally, I dont think there is much difference. If you can physically play, but are limited due to mental concerns/health.....

Have you ever recovered from a lower body injury? Rose doesn't trust Doctor's and he right in not trusting them. They say 8 to 12 months its not crazy to take the full 12 months. Rose is an all out player that doesn't play like your favorite player - I don't know who that is but I guarantee... he twist harder, he turns fuller, he's faster, he's quicker, he's more instinctive, and he gets up for the competition more than your favorite player does. He's more at risk. At several points in 2012, he had DOUBTS about what the doctors were clearing because something didn't feel right but he went with what the doctor's said. The doubt was obvious in his play.

Any instinctive person/player is going to trust himself first. Derrick Rose relaxed his own instincts and went with what the doctors CLEARED. Leg problems all year end up in an ACL tear. Next time around, any mentally right person is going to listen to his body first the next time. It would be crazy not to.

coin24
04-23-2013, 02:47 AM
If he doesn't feel 100% and the bulls organisation is backing him why all the hate? Especially the non bulls fans:facepalm

Chicago Brawls
04-23-2013, 07:37 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/310824_453058938114675_1374353282_n.jpg

Blue&Orange
04-23-2013, 07:47 AM
I watched the game, Rose showed a lot of heart and commitment on the good job high fives at the end of the game.

Don't know what people are talking about.

nathanjizzle
04-23-2013, 07:54 AM
there hasnt been any nba player, coach or reputable nba associate that has said rose should be playing and that hes bitch made. this is only coming from writers sitting at their desk and losers behind a computer screen.

SpurrDurr
04-23-2013, 08:28 AM
I laughed when i saw Rose wearing a suit giving advices to Boozer.
Like his teammates give a **** about that lobotomized clown.

kshutts1
04-23-2013, 08:31 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/310824_453058938114675_1374353282_n.jpg
That's funny. :roll:

That being said, I'm a Bulls fan that is glad he's sitting out. I'd rather he take time to make sure he's healthy enough rather than rush back and possibly compromise a long career.

For people getting on his case for resting due to "mental concerns"... There is a HUGE mental aspect to basketball. I can't even quantify how much of the game is mental, but it's a ton. There's a reason people cite Jordan's, Kobe's killer instinct, used to cite Lebron's lack-of, etc. If your head isn't fully in the game, and fully trusting yourself and your body, then you're a danger out there to everyone, including yourself. Kudos to Rose for sitting out.

And PR mistake? When did PR become more necessary than being healthy and playing great basketball? I am a fan because of the game. Because it is unpredictable, and exciting (and Rose exemplifies this, so it sucks), and real. If I wanted some contrived thing, I'd watch the basketball scenes in One Tree Hill. I don't want players concerned with their image, I want players that play, and everyone else is come-what-may.

All Net
04-23-2013, 08:38 AM

From what I gather he looks ok enough to play in practise.

KingTut
04-23-2013, 08:45 AM
I laughed when i saw Rose wearing a suit giving advices to Boozer.
Like his teammates give a **** about that lobotomized clown.
I laughed when you thought people give a **** about your f**** ass opinions and **** spurs.

BigDipper13
04-23-2013, 08:45 AM
It's been an unfortunate situation.

InfiniteBaskets
04-23-2013, 08:49 AM
If he doesn't feel 100% and the bulls organisation is backing him why all the hate? Especially the non bulls fans:facepalm

Because people want to see the Heat lose? I figure you of all people should understand this. This Bulls team playing the type of defense shown last night + healthy Rose is enough to take Miami to 7 games.

KingTut
04-23-2013, 08:51 AM
"You never know," Gibson said. "But him being out there is good for our team. Just give us extra point guard eyes out there and it helps us."

Hinrich knows the mental hurdle can be tough to get over, but he enjoyed the fact that Rose was out there.

"I think we love having him out there," Hinrich said. "It's just good having him around, having his spirits up, I know it's been a tough year for him. We just like having him out there."

InfiniteBaskets
04-23-2013, 08:59 AM
As long as the Bulls stay healthy next season, if Rose comes back then I can see Bulls fans having an enjoyable season.

Next season the Bulls will still have:

Noah
Boozer
Deng
Butler
Rose

Gibson
Hinrich
Marquis Teague

They probably won't pick up the team option on Rip Hamilton. Somebody else probably scoops up Nate Robinson for more money than what the Bulls are willing to pay. Chicago should have the MLE to sign someone unless there's something going on with the CBA I don't know about. They can add another wing scorer to help out Rose and that's a contender IMO.

NumberSix
04-23-2013, 08:59 AM
there hasnt been any nba player, coach or reputable nba associate that has said rose should be playing and that hes bitch made. this is only coming from writers sitting at their desk and losers behind a computer screen.
Yeah, so? Even if they wanted to, it would be against tampering rules to do so.

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

chosen_wun
04-23-2013, 09:01 AM
:eek: :roll:

maybeshewill13
04-23-2013, 09:02 AM
:roll:

STATUTORY
04-23-2013, 09:03 AM
how's he gonna hold on to any of his endorsement deals when he's exposed to be straight bitchmade?

he gonna do late night infomercials for depression and anxiety medicines? or reebok gonna release some new Mood bracelet for this mental midget to advertise?

SpurrDurr
04-23-2013, 09:03 AM
"You never know," Gibson said. "But him being out there is good for our team. Just give us extra point guard eyes out there and it helps us."

Hinrich knows the mental hurdle can be tough to get over, but he enjoyed the fact that Rose was out there.

"I think we love having him out there," Hinrich said. "It's just good having him around, having his spirits up, I know it's been a tough year for him. We just like having him out there."

From star to mascot. That's quite a bit leap.
He's been cleared from doctors to play in march.
This means he's 100% fine and he's sitting out the playoffs, earning 16 million while his team is playing hearts out in the 1st round.
Which team wouldn't want a leader like that.

nightprowler10
04-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Absolutely false, you bandwagoning POS. There are thousands of Bulls fans who care but want him to return when he feels ready. Not every Chicago fan is impatient and ignorant. There are those of us that worry about the future and not just right now.

Besides, just because the doctors clear you doesn't mean you're ready to go. Players that rely on their explosiveness have to be especially careful when returning from such an injury. I wonder how many doctors cleared past athletes that never returned the same...

This whole discussion is useless anyway. His teammates have his back just like he had theirs when they were struggling, and Thibs always sticks up for him, that's all that matters right now.

Blue&Orange
04-23-2013, 09:12 AM
This is a huge PR mistake by Rose. It would have been better to come back for limited minutes and work his way back into the game.

He's putting way too much pressure on himself to come back at a superstar level.
+1

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8897736/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-taking-full-contact-practice

Rose full contact practice in 31 January, there's no reason whatsoever for him to no play 1 month later at worst. Its been 3 months :facepalm

i have no idea wtf he thinks he is doing.

LBJFTW
04-23-2013, 09:13 AM
"I'll return to my job when I feel like it"

Lol, only in the NBA.....

nightprowler10
04-23-2013, 09:21 AM
The local radio guys were making a good point last night. It's possible that when he didn't come back after February, the FO didn't want him to come back so they could claim back insurance money for his contract for this year.

f0und
04-23-2013, 09:49 AM
he physically ready. he has been for months. oh, but he's not mentally ready and thats perfectly ok? how many players have you heard of that sat out because they werent "mentally ready"? very few, if any at all. usually as soon as players are medically cleared to play, they're good to go. some even go out there against the advice of their team physicians.

oh but there's no point in coming back? then why the *uck is noah playing?

(e)
04-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Absolutely false, you bandwagoning POS. There are thousands of Bulls fans who care but want him to return when he feels ready. Not every Chicago fan is impatient and ignorant. There are those of us that worry about the future and not just right now.

Besides, just because the doctors clear you doesn't mean you're ready to go. Players that rely on their explosiveness have to be especially careful when returning from such an injury. I wonder how many doctors cleared past athletes that never returned the same...

This whole discussion is useless anyway. His teammates have his back just like he had theirs when they were struggling, and Thibs always sticks up for him, that's all that matters right now.

This.

nashwade
04-23-2013, 10:54 AM
The local radio guys were making a good point last night. It's possible that when he didn't come back after February, the FO didn't want him to come back so they could claim back insurance money for his contract for this year.

Insurance companies are not dumb. If this trick worked, clubs can make money alone by sitting players rather than selling jerseys

Jailblazers7
04-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Just read a section in "Playing for Keeps" about Jordan's foot injury and his doctors told team management that they should let him play even with a 10% chance of injury because he would never forgive them if he was forced to sit.

Not dissing Rose or anything and he knows his body better than anyone but it is interesting to see the contrasts in their situations.

TheMan
04-23-2013, 11:15 AM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bulls/2012/10/rose_and_rubio_talk_before_gam.html

So Rose was ahead of Rubio in October (Was shooting jumpers while Rubio was shooting set shots), and yet Rubio returned in December while Rose is still MIA? Lol.
There's a big difference between Rose's game and Rubio's...if you need me to spell it out for you then you don't understand basketball.

Crown&Coke
04-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Rose is sitting on the bench with his teamamtes, not at home eating ice cream.

And Rose aint playing because when he went full bore in practice, his "hamstrings were on fire"

The hamstrings are important to ACL health, you know, that thing he had surgery on

nathanjizzle
04-23-2013, 11:29 AM
you gotta take your anger out on someone:confusedshrug: i gaurantee most of these haters teams are out of the playoffs or los game one of the first round

Xiengqichess
04-23-2013, 11:32 AM
I heard that if he sits out for the whole season then the insurance would have to pay 80% of his salary? If he played any game, the team had to pay his whole salary. is that true?

Chicago Brawls
04-23-2013, 11:33 AM
I think it's OK to be careful. But at least be up front about it. I think it's OK to sit out the year but at least tell everyone that's what you're about to do.

The return ads, the pregame workouts, his brother opinions and the daily reports of his practice dominance have complicated a situation that it's already very hard on both Rose and the fans.

Even now, in the playoffs, we're still holding to the possibility. That's just wrong and, really, not very fair to his teammates.

TheMan
04-23-2013, 11:38 AM

boozehound
04-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Have you ever recovered from a lower body injury? Rose doesn't trust Doctor's and he right in not trusting them. They say 8 to 12 months its not crazy to take the full 12 months. Rose is an all out player that doesn't play like your favorite player - I don't know who that is but I guarantee... he twist harder, he turns fuller, he's faster, he's quicker, he's more instinctive, and he gets up for the competition more than your favorite player does. He's more at risk. At several points in 2012, he had DOUBTS about what the doctors were clearing because something didn't feel right but he went with what the doctor's said. The doubt was obvious in his play.

Any instinctive person/player is going to trust himself first. Derrick Rose relaxed his own instincts and went with what the doctors CLEARED. Leg problems all year end up in an ACL tear. Next time around, any mentally right person is going to listen to his body first the next time. It would be crazy not to.
right. then dont claim you are physically recovered. Say its still nagging and you need more time. He hasnt done that, putting the bulls (and him) in a very awkward situation. It is a very poor precedent to set that he can take as long as he wants to get mentally ready, when not only the Drs., but rose himself claims he is back to pre-injury form. Again, what is your take on Royce White and his documented mental issues? Or does it not matter, since hes not a star? If you let Rose sit out for mental reasons (publicly), then you are setting a precedent for future cases of sitting out and collecting your $ for mental reasons. Slippery slope.

TheMan
04-23-2013, 11:50 AM
First, all of you internet tough guys calling Rose bitch made or a pvssy need to STFU, I seriously doubt any of you armchair warriors would say that to his face. Rose is from the mean streets of Chicago and I have no doubt he would open a can of whoop ass on y'all.

Second, as a Bulls fan, yeah it sucks that he's not out there but we know he's a tough player, he proved it by playing through injuries the season before when he should of been nursing his injuries. He was cleared to play so he was out there going all out and injurying another part of his body because he wasn't totally healed. He had an injury that not long ago ended careers, it's a MAJOR injury. That's why he is being overly cautious right now and I trust him. He'll be back beasting when he's fully healthy and you suckas will look like the haters that you are.

To Indian Guy, STFU turncoat, not all Bulls fans have turned on Rose, just the meatheads. Go back to fellating your King.

boozehound
04-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Rose is sitting on the bench with his teamamtes, not at home eating ice cream.

And Rose aint playing because when he went full bore in practice, his "hamstrings were on fire"

The hamstrings are important to ACL health, you know, that thing he had surgery on
how long ago was this? Because he has been going in full practice for over a month now.

boozehound
04-23-2013, 11:52 AM
First, all of you internet tough guys calling Rose bitch made or a pvssy need to STFU, I seriously doubt any of you armchair warriors would say that to his face. Rose is from the mean streets of Chicago and I have no doubt he would open a can of whoop ass on y'all.

Second, as a Bulls fan, yeah it sucks that he's not out there but we know he's a tough player, he proved it by playing through injuries the season before when he should of been nursing his injuries. He was cleared to play so he was out there going all out and injurying another part of his body because he wasn't totally healed. That's why he is being overly cautious right now and I trust him. He'll be back beasting when he's fully healthy and you suckas will look like the haters that you are.

To Indian Guy, STFU turncoat, not all Bulls fans have turned on Rose, just the meatheads. Go back to fellating your King.
you sound like an idiot. a can of whoopass? cmon now. Not everyone is calling him a bitch or ***** (in fact, very few posters are), but there are legitimate issues with him not playing 3 months after being cleared and over a month after returning to full practice. There is a reason you are so defensive about this.

stephanieg
04-23-2013, 12:02 PM
This looks worse than it does because Noah is running around out there with his gimped foot willing the team to victory. Which is probably stupid...but the contrast is too easy for people to notice.

TheMan
04-23-2013, 12:04 PM
right. then dont claim you are physically recovered. Say its still nagging and you need more time. He hasnt done that, putting the bulls (and him) in a very awkward situation. It is a very poor precedent to set that he can take as long as he wants to get mentally ready, when not only the Drs., but rose himself claims he is back to pre-injury form. Again, what is your take on Royce White and his documented mental issues? Or does it not matter, since hes not a star? If you let Rose sit out for mental reasons (publicly), then you are setting a precedent for future cases of sitting out and collecting your $ for mental reasons. Slippery slope.
lol, da fuq are you talking about? Rose's "mental" issue extend to trusting his knee again, :roll: You make it sound like Rose is contemplating his worth and place in the universe or some shit:facepalm Rose is just not there yet on trusting his body, Dr Freud.:oldlol:
All of a sudden your a psychologist:lol

Kblaze8855
04-23-2013, 12:07 PM

Yea....

Aside from one Laker bandwaggoner my entire family is made up of Bulls fans. The only place I hear Rose hated on for not being back sooner from a torn ACL is here.

dh144498
04-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Rose is too mentally weak. Bulls should unsign him....

Shade8780
04-23-2013, 12:10 PM

Second, as a Bulls fan, yeah it sucks that he's not out there but we know he's a tough player, he proved it by playing through injuries the season before when he should of been nursing his injuries. He was cleared to play so he was out there going all out and injurying another part of his body because he wasn't totally healed. He had an injury that not long ago ended careers, it's a MAJOR injury. That's why he is being overly cautious right now and I trust him. He'll be back beasting when he's fully healthy and you suckas will look like the haters that you are.

Repped. I don't get why Bulls fans are trying to rush him back.

CeltsGarlic
04-23-2013, 12:11 PM
That competitive spirit by Rose!

SCdac
04-23-2013, 12:15 PM
http://vlsportysexycool.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/DRose-TheReturn.jpg

NBAller
04-23-2013, 12:16 PM
using that logic every person from chicago is just some bad ass dude that can fight. if he can fight, i believe it would be because he's a millionaire and can pay for some martial art classes like i have done. where you're from doesn't make you some elite fighter. if anything some people realize how bad a city is and decides to take the other path.

realistically the Bulls won't win this year with or without Rose, so he's making the right decision in staying out to fully recover. This way, he'll return at 100% with a team that did great without him. This is a win win.

secund2nun
04-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Rose is a media darling because he plays for a big market and is a "sexy" perimeter player. Had Lebron done this he would have been blasted by the media.....unless he was playing for LA, Chicago, or NY.

Go Getter
04-23-2013, 12:36 PM

Bullshit. First off we don't know how the team/Rose feels because they don't give accurate truthful statements through the media.

Rose has never claimed to be back to pre-injury form.....the bottom line is that he will play when he is ready.

A lot of ISHiots like to hold ball players to these high standards that they themselves could not meet. Playing sports through injuries is difficult....especially for players with franchises tied to their performance.

Erring on the side of caution is wise imho...I am one of if not the biggest Bulls fan on this board and I am not infuriated in the least bit.

Go Bulls!

Shout out to:
THe Man
nightprowler
KBlaze

Go Getter
04-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Rose is a media darling because he plays for a big market and is a "sexy" perimeter player. Had Lebron done this he would have been blasted by the media.....unless he was playing for LA, Chicago, or NY.
I notice that nowhere in there did you talk about the fact that he is an awesome ball player who lives (from the outside looking in) a decent lifestyle.

Dro
04-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Bunch of dudes who've never torn up their knee...Thats all I need to know about your opinions....

Dro
04-23-2013, 12:49 PM
For the millionth time, every Bulls fan is pissed. The only people who are indifferent or supportive of Rose in this situation are those who are NOT Bulls fans. These are the people who have the most clarity because they are not looking at the situation through red and black colored glasses.
Fixed...:rockon:

Pointguard
04-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah, so? Even if they wanted to, it would be against tampering rules to do so.

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Its not tampering at all, you really don

atljonesbro
04-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Bunch of dudes who've never torn up their knee...Thats all I need to know about your opinions....
Bunch of dudes who've never played in the NBA... Thats all I need to know about your opinions....

With your logic this forum shouldn't exists.

Darius
04-23-2013, 12:59 PM
This looks worse than it does because Noah is running around out there with his gimped foot willing the team to victory. Which is probably stupid...but the contrast is too easy for people to notice.

This.

Rose may be completely justified but due to Noah's courage he is being made to look bad right now.

Crown&Coke
04-23-2013, 01:00 PM
how long ago was this? Because he has been going in full practice for over a month now.

He said that about a week after going full practice, which would be around early March?

But hamstrings aren't something that go away easily. Manu was out a while and just came back game 1. Nash missed 9 games with hip and hamstring tightness and still isn't right.

f0und
04-23-2013, 01:06 PM
if its pointless to play because they cant compete with the heat this year, why the hell is noah out playing his heart out?

SCdac
04-23-2013, 01:24 PM
He said that about a week after going full practice, which would be around early March?

But hamstrings aren't something that go away easily. Manu was out a while and just came back game 1. Nash missed 9 games with hip and hamstring tightness and still isn't right.

While I give Rose the benefit of the doubt, comparing his health and recovery speed to that of a 35 and 39 year old doesn't make sense. Rose is 10 yeasr younger and getting some of the best rehab in the country. He could probably be playing right now if he 'had' to, him and his team are just being precautious.

InfiniteBaskets
04-23-2013, 01:26 PM
if its pointless to play because they cant compete with the heat this year, why the hell is noah out playing his heart out?

:applause: Because he's a warrior.

All Net
04-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Watching Noah gut it out must make you wonder what bulls fans think.. Why not rose.

sundizz
04-23-2013, 01:36 PM
If I saw Derrick Rose I would ask him, "why are you not playing?" If he said "I mentally am not ready yet"...i would wish for him to be hit by a 10 mph car and never be able to play anything more than badminton again in his life.

I have back problems and I do everything in my power to try to make myself feel good enough to get out and play basketball......for free.

It kills me that he is healthy enough to TRY and is unwilling to do so. No heart.

HEAT111
04-23-2013, 01:38 PM
He will come back, I bet it'll be by the second round. Makes sense.

Meticode
04-23-2013, 01:53 PM
While it's not funny injuries and all, that video made me crack up. Especially when Leo was running like "ROSE!" and you see the "We're f*cked." look on all the Bulls faces.

nathanjizzle
04-23-2013, 01:57 PM
If I saw Derrick Rose I would ask him, "why are you not playing?" If he said "I mentally am not ready yet"...i would wish for him to be hit by a 10 mph car and never be able to play anything more than badminton again in his life.

I have back problems and I do everything in my power to try to make myself feel good enough to get out and play basketball......for free.

It kills me that he is healthy enough to TRY and is unwilling to do so. No heart.

let me ask you, what did you do in your life that caused your back problems?

2swift4u
04-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Honetly I find it rather annoying to watch the bulls play at the moment. We all know they're playing without Rose, no need for constant shouting and celebrating every good play like they won the championship!! For my taste it's too much fake drama. Goes without saying that Noah leads the bulls in that category.

Dengness9
04-23-2013, 02:51 PM
This thread is exactly why you go on realGm to have legitimate discussions.

This thread is full of immature, non intelligent troll posts basically.

A bunch of guys who have never come close to playing pro ball and who have never tore their knee calling out a 24 year old kid who has more on his plate than any of us could imagine.

And to the last poster who called the Bulls cheering last night "fake drama".....

You are an idiot and why are you watching then? The Bulls have more heart than most teams if not all the teams in the L. They've been w/out their leader and star for a year and have had injuries up the ass.

They got embarrassed on national TV in game 1 and put up a serious fight in game 2 and you think it's fake drama??? Whatever man

NumberSix
04-23-2013, 02:59 PM
realistically the Bulls won't win this year with or without Rose, so he's making the right decision in staying out to fully recover. This way, he'll return at 100% with a team that did great without him. This is a win win.
The lakers aren't gonna win this year. You think Dwight would get a pass if he just said "fcuk it. I'm not playing" ?

GOBB
04-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Watching Noah gut it out must make you wonder what bulls fans think.. Why not rose.

And if Rose returns and hurts himself? People call him stupid. If Rose doesnt perform at a high level? People bash and are critical of him.

Point? People would clearly walk right over the fact you came back from a nasty injury if you dont give them what they want. So with that? f*ck Bulls fans and anyone who is upset Rose isnt out there playing. Rose makes a living off his knees being 100%. If they arent why risk it?

We've seen Grant Hill do just that and who here is giving Grant kudos for it? No one gives a rat ass he sacrificed his career literally to play on a foot that he was told he shouldnt have. And Detroit got what from it? No one cared.

The Choken One
04-23-2013, 03:03 PM
ITT: Judgemental retards talking about stuff they don't know anything about.

Rose will be back next season, that was more than likely the date he choose for himself. He's a franchise player and no point in risking anything when there's not much on the line.

You know what infuriates me OP? When a bunch of idiots who probably don't evn make their middle school team attacking a player after a significant injury. Unless you're getting first hand information, and not chit just from the media, shut the fhck up.

Not even a Rose fan, but my lord the idiots on this site are intolerable.

Go Getter
04-23-2013, 03:09 PM
ITT: Judgemental retards talking about stuff they don't know anything about.

Rose will be back next season, that was more than likely the date he choose for himself. He's a franchise player and no point in risking anything when there's not much on the line.

You know what infuriates me OP? When a bunch of idiots who probably don't evn make their middle school team attacking a player after a significant injury. Unless you're getting first hand information, and not chit just from the media, shut the fhck up.

Not even a Rose fan, but my lord the idiots on this site are intolerable.

LikeABosh
04-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Mental midget. He was cleared to play over 2 months ago and he just won't get back on the court. First it was the excuse that'd he'd come back after he could dunk off his left leg, now what's the hold up? Used to hear all about how great he was and how much heart and drive and passion for the game he had and now he's camped out on the bench watching his team battle in the playoffs because he's scared of getting another boo boo.

Go Getter
04-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Mental midget. He was cleared to play over 2 months ago and he just won't get back on the court. First it was the excuse that'd he'd come back after he could dunk off his left leg, now what's the hold up? Used to hear all about how great he was and how much heart and drive and passion for the game he had and now he's camped out on the bench watching his team battle in the playoffs because he's scared of getting another boo boo.

Stfu troll. You ain't even make your 6th grade team yet your greasy fatass has the heart to talk about a man that is doing what you couldn't do in your dreams, haha....whatachump.

Dengness9
04-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Go getter, Gobb, and Choken One proving there is still reason and intelligence on this forum.

Thanks guys. Jeff should really be thanking you.

Doranku
04-23-2013, 03:53 PM
I don't understand how this is even allowed. He's been medically cleared to play for over a month. How can he just say, "Nah guys, I ain't ready yet" and still continue earning his contract money?

I wish I could go to my boss and tell him "nah man I'll be back next year" after breaking an arm or something. :facepalm

Horde of Temujin
04-23-2013, 04:03 PM

You are both a complete idiot and an asshole.

People as selfish and small minded ad you should just vanish from the earth.

Kblaze8855
04-23-2013, 04:06 PM
We've seen Grant Hill do just that and who here is giving Grant kudos for it? No one gives a rat ass he sacrificed his career literally to play on a foot that he was told he shouldnt have. And Detroit got what from it? No one cared.

Or Walton in 78. Or Oden when Blazer fans here(I can post the topic...made for a funny read a while back) were asking why he wasnt back when he had been cleared. Or RG3.

Everyone wants you to play hero...till you come back against your better judgement then **** up your career. Then its sad topics, "What if..." lists, and the front office being hated on for forcing the issue.

305Baller
04-23-2013, 04:08 PM
I just don't agree with putting pressure on Rose. Trust me, you want Rose to come back healthy and ready to roll. If not, he is only going to ruin his career and the team.

chill the f out.

InfiniteBaskets
04-23-2013, 04:18 PM
I don't understand how this is even allowed. He's been medically cleared to play for over a month. How can he just say, "Nah guys, I ain't ready yet" and still continue earning his contract money?

I wish I could go to my boss and tell him "nah man I'll be back next year" after breaking an arm or something. :facepalm

You could say that to your boss, and you'd most likely be fired. I would be fired if I stopped showing up to work because I was shaky about my job performance after recovering from an injury. But if my boss's, boss's, boss says it? That would probably be fine. An extra on a movie set has little leverage to complain, but someone like Will Smith? He can halt the entire production and take a week off to rest if he wants to. If Beyonce shows up a little late to one of her sound checks it's no problem. Her stylist is fired if she shows up a minute late because there are tons of different stylists out there.

The Bulls know Derrick Rose is too valuable to alienate right now even if he's being overly cautious because they can't go out and find another D Rose. But it's not just because Rose is a media darling, it happens in all industries for anybody that's worthy anything.

04-23-2013, 04:20 PM
The lakers aren't gonna win this year. You think Dwight would get a pass if he just said "fcuk it. I'm not playing" ?

Under the scrutinizing eyes of Kobe, Dwight would play (hard) even if the Lakes were the worst team in the league.

nightprowler10
04-23-2013, 04:44 PM
I like how people are assuming that that's the reason Rose isn't playing, while his own teammates say that it's killing him not to play.

stevieming
04-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Why do people think he'd be an instant force coming back.

Dude hasn't played competitive ball since injury and peeps want to come back during the playoffs!

I can't recall a single instance of a player coming back from injury during the playoffs to have an overall positive performance. (and I am not talking about a moral booster like Willis Reed)

Personally I think Rose is doing the right thing. Take his time, go through pre season, training camp and reload for the new season.

It's not as if the Bulls are a lock to win anyway, if per chance Rose came back and they Beat Miami, they've got OKC/Spurs in the finals, and the way they play it's too much of a stretch to get there.

stevieming
04-23-2013, 04:46 PM
And if Rose returns and hurts himself? People call him stupid. If Rose doesnt perform at a high level? People bash and are critical of him.

Point? People would clearly walk right over the fact you came back from a nasty injury if you dont give them what they want. So with that? f*ck Bulls fans and anyone who is upset Rose isnt out there playing. Rose makes a living off his knees being 100%. If they arent why risk it?

Exactly, the piston fans have long forgotten what GHill did for them, ****ing up his ankle like that....

nightprowler10
04-23-2013, 04:55 PM
You could say that to your boss, and you'd most likely be fired. I would be fired if I stopped showing up to work because I was shaky about my job performance after recovering from an injury. But if my boss's, boss's, boss says it? That would probably be fine. An extra on a movie set has little leverage to complain, but someone like Will Smith? He can halt the entire production and take a week off to rest if he wants to. If Beyonce shows up a little late to one of her sound checks it's no problem. Her stylist is fired if she shows up a minute late because there are tons of different stylists out there.

The Bulls know Derrick Rose is too valuable to alienate right now even if he's being overly cautious because they can't go out and find another D Rose. But it's not just because Rose is a media darling, it happens in all industries for anybody that's worthy anything.
You're missing a key flaw in this analogy though. Rose is still working for the Bulls organization and working out/showing up for practices on a regular basis. A better analogy would be if I worked with heavy loads and my back gave out, so my employer allowed me to do a desk job until my back was right again, except he's okay with me taking my time and making sure my back is 100% ready before I start lifting because I'm the best damn employee he's had in over a decade.

STATUTORY
04-23-2013, 04:57 PM
at what point do the hold out rose fans start getting irritated?

what if Rose is still not back to start the season next year?

stevieming
04-23-2013, 04:58 PM

I'll be pissed then....no way he doesn't come back next season!!

nightprowler10
04-23-2013, 04:58 PM

Depends on why he's not back.

TheMan
04-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Did I say every person from Chicago can fight? I said he's from a bad part of Chicago, not all of Chicago is violent, you know that right? Unless you didn't know, Rose used to hang with gang members growing up, chances are he had to scrap every once in a while, much more than the softies growing up in white surburbia, which is the majority here at ISH. I stand by what I said.
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0611/nba_derrick_rose1_300.jpg

InfiniteBaskets
04-23-2013, 05:09 PM
You're missing a key flaw in this analogy though. Rose is still working for the Bulls organization and working out/showing up for practices on a regular basis. A better analogy would be if I worked with heavy loads and my back gave out, so my employer allowed me to do a desk job until my back was right again, except he's okay with me taking my time and making sure my back is 100% ready before I start lifting because I'm the best damn employee he's had in over a decade.

Doing a desk job that contributes marginally to the employer's profits is not really comparable to heavy lifting. You could say Rose showing up and working out to keep in good physical shape is similar to you going to scheduled rehab appointments.

But Rose maintaining his conditioning without actually playing in games doesn't contribute anything to the Bulls' in game performances. However, if the Jerry Reinsdorf only cared about profits and the Bulls are selling out their playoff home tickets anyways, he may not see much of a financial benefit from rushing Rose back this early anyways (how much more are you going to raise playoff tickets with Rose coming back compared to an entire healthy season next year?).

GOBB
04-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Or Walton in 78. Or Oden when Blazer fans here(I can post the topic...made for a funny read a while back) were asking why he wasnt back when he had been cleared. Or RG3.

Everyone wants you to play hero...till you come back against your better judgement then **** up your career. Then its sad topics, "What if..." lists, and the front office being hated on for forcing the issue.

Exactly. Rose young talent if you're a Bulls fan you would rather see him for a decade. The years post MJ should have humbled enough Bulls fans that they can understand a situation like this.

black&scholes
04-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Exactly. Rose young talent if you're a Bulls fan you would rather see him for a decade. The years post MJ should have humbled enough Bulls fans that they can understand a situation like this.

I think you have trouble understanding facts:

-Rose has been cleared by all the doctors 2 months ago, and they all said he has no larger chance to injure that ACL than any other person.

-Rose has been participating in full contact all out practice for over 1 month.

-There will always be the risk of injury. If you're afraid of being injured, retire.

Kblaze8855
04-23-2013, 06:20 PM
1. Doctors cleared every player who ever played after an injury. Yet...many get reinjured. how do you think that happens?

2. Which...if anything makes him sitting out even more reasonable. If hes playing he must know how he feels when he plays. Not having his knee...I dont know. I suspect he does. Because of that im gonna assume hes better than me at judging it.

3. Were you the guy telling Grant Hill "Isiah would play" before he tried to gut it out in the playoffs and needed 17 operations and went from path to top 50 all time to coming off the bench happy to be able to play at all?

Was that you who looked at Waltons foot said the xrays were negative and sent him out when he didnt feel he should so he was hurt from 78-85?

You the guy Shanahan says he asked about RG3 before he put him back in to tear up his knee?

Were you one of the Blazer fans here asking why Oden wasnt back yet when he had been cleared and seen in videos eating Channing Frye up and looking 100%?

No?

If not...I bet they had a real similar argument.

If fact I dont bet...I know. I was here for some of them.

"Why isnt he plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaying!" is asked of every athlete who is hurt. Some Jay Cutler it and sit out...and stay healthy. And get hated on. Some RG3 it and be the hero....and blow out their knee.

Rose shouldnt even have been in the game when he got hurt. We had it won and he was coming off an injury already. Up like 15 with a couple minutes left.

I suspect he learned his lesson. And coach did too.

Jailblazers7
04-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Kobe rushing back from a severe left ankle sprain against ATL and then rupturing his left achilles probably reassured Rose of his decision too.

monkeypox
04-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Terrible logic. An injury can happen at any time. That's the situation that Rose is in right now since he's at no greater risk physically than anyone else. By this reasoning he can sit out the rest of his career and you idiots should be ok with it since he's never going to be physically more safe to come back than now.

Are any of those examples above about a player that didn't want to come back because of mental issues? The only real comparison here is Royce White.

BasedTom
04-23-2013, 06:37 PM
I've got to give credit to Noah and the Rose-less Bulls for playing with a lot of heart this year...but that still isn't enough. If they want to be a legitimate threat then they need Rose. There's no getting around that.

Kblaze8855
04-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Terrible logic. An injury can happen at any time. That's the situation that Rose is in right now since he's at no greater risk physically than anyone else. By this reasoning he can sit out the rest of his career and you idiots should be ok with it since he's never going to be physically more safe to come back than now.

Get back to me when you are landing on Derrik Roses knee after you jump. Till then I have no interest in your opinion on how it feels or is performing.

History is full of "Doctors say he can play" before it turns out he shouldnt have.

Nobody his age with so much on his back should be risking anything if they dont feel the knee is right.

GOBB
04-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Get back to me when you are landing on Derrik Roses knee after you jump. Till then I have no interest in your opinion on how it feels or is performing.

History is full of "Doctors say he can play" before it turns out he shouldnt have.

Nobody his age with so much on his back should be risking anything if they dont feel the knee is right.

Bingo. Bunch of idiots in this thread.

monkeypox
04-23-2013, 07:57 PM

Lol, so Rose's own opinion on how it feels isn't good enough for you Dr. KBlaze? Why don't you get back to me when you can explain how you know better than Derrick Rose himself. You still can't make the distinction can you? He says the knee feels fine, he's having mental issues with coming back. So repeating all this BS about players coming back early and injuring themselves is pointless. Try to sit down and make the division between Derrick Rose's feelings and his reality.

At this moment he has no greater physical risk of injury than if he came back next year. He says he's waiting for god or whatever and his brother says the team isn't worth it. You want to say it's ok for a player to sit out for mental reasons? Fine. But I say that's pretty weak and shows lack of heart.

Kblaze8855
04-23-2013, 08:08 PM
I have no idea what Derrick Rose is thinking or what his brothers level of influence is. I know he tore his ACL playing when he should have been sitting. And I know he doesnt feel ready to play. Your opinion on his knee means zero. PEople have been hating on injured players saying "Hurry up!" for decades before disasters. Its well past time they stopped listening to outsiders and do what they feel is right. Dude might be on the Bulls 15 more years. Im not saying go when he doesnt feel its time. You dont play with knees....especially not the knees of guys who rely on being explosive...

This isnt complicated.

Tear acl.

Doesnt feel ready.

Dont play.

The rest doesnt matter and nobody is gonna care that this even happened....UNLESS...he returns and destroys himself.

monkeypox
04-23-2013, 08:23 PM
I have no idea what Derrick Rose is thinking or what his brothers level of influence is. I know he tore his ACL playing when he should have been sitting. And I know he doesnt feel ready to play. Your opinion on his knee means zero. PEople have been hating on injured players saying "Hurry up!" for decades before disasters. Its well past time they stopped listening to outsiders and do what they feel is right. Dude might be on the Bulls 15 more years. Im not saying go when he doesnt feel its time. You dont play with knees....especially not the knees of guys who rely on being explosive...

This isnt complicated.

Tear acl.

Doesnt feel ready.

Dont play.

The rest doesnt matter and nobody is gonna care that this even happened....UNLESS...he returns and destroys himself.

Dude... you STILL don't get it. HE said his knee feels fine. He's not playing because his mind isn't right about it. He says his knee feels fine. I said it again so maybe you'll read it this time. His issue is with his feelings. He's running full speed on it at practice... when someone could roll on it and injure it again just the same as a game.

I agree it's not complicated, which is why it's weird that people are able to make this simple distinction. If he said his knee still hurt I don't think people would be giving him shit. but he says it feels ok and he's playing on it hard in practice. Get it?

DMAVS41
04-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Some players take longer to recover and some players are weaker mentally recovering.

I do think it's a little insane to not at least give it a try in the playoffs, but that is a right Rose has.

But...it is fair to criticize Rose and anyone acting like this is a non story is just not being honest. Rose is not a warrior. Evidence is in at this point. He's soft both mentally and physically. Try keeping a guy like Kobe or Dirk on the sidelines without a team mandate...just wouldn't happen.

Rose, as I have repeatedly said, is weak mentally. This is just more evidence for that.

Dro
04-23-2013, 08:35 PM
This thread is exactly why you go on realGm to have legitimate discussions.

This thread is full of immature, non intelligent troll posts basically.

A bunch of guys who have never come close to playing pro ball and who have never tore their knee calling out a 24 year old kid who has more on his plate than any of us could imagine.

And to the last poster who called the Bulls cheering last night "fake drama".....

You are an idiot and why are you watching then? The Bulls have more heart than most teams if not all the teams in the L. They've been w/out their leader and star for a year and have had injuries up the ass.

They got embarrassed on national TV in game 1 and put up a serious fight in game 2 and you think it's fake drama??? Whatever man

Graviton
04-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Some players take longer to recover and some players are weaker mentally recovering.

I do think it's a little insane to not at least give it a try in the playoffs, but that is a right Rose has.

But...it is fair to criticize Rose and anyone acting like this is a non story is just not being honest. Rose is not a warrior. Evidence is in at this point. He's soft both mentally and physically. Try keeping a guy like Kobe or Dirk on the sidelines without a team mandate...just wouldn't happen.

Rose, as I have repeatedly said, is weak mentally. This is just more evidence for that.
And where did that lead them? One destroyed himself playing 45+ minutes at age 34 and will never be the same after a torn achilles, the other kept coming back early and reinjuring his knee while playing like shit and hurting his team.

Did their warrior mentality and toughness change anything or even help the team in the long run?

SpecialQue
04-23-2013, 09:26 PM
I remember this ad at the beginning of the season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtj-D8HT9BY

They should redo it and show him walking to a courtside seat wearing a business suit.

DMAVS41
04-23-2013, 09:44 PM
And where did that lead them? One destroyed himself playing 45+ minutes at age 34 and will never be the same after a torn achilles, the other kept coming back early and reinjuring his knee while playing like shit and hurting his team.

Did their warrior mentality and toughness change anything or even help the team in the long run?

Did I say it was always smart? No...I simply said there is a different mindset to certain guys like Kobe and Dirk. They'll come back early from injuries and do everything they can to help their team regardless of the position it puts them or their bodies in. Its that warrior mentality. It's just different...thats all.

Rose isn't a warrior. He's not going to push himself to come back and fight for his team. And that might be the smart thing in the long run...or it might not. I'd have a tough time looking myself in the mirror if I was Rose after being cleared to play for months while Noah is out there toughing it out and fighting for his team.

Graviton
04-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Did I say it was always smart? No...I simply said there is a different mindset to certain guys like Kobe and Dirk. They'll come back early from injuries and do everything they can to help their team regardless of the position it puts them or their bodies in. Its that warrior mentality. It's just different...thats all.

Rose isn't a warrior. He's not going to push himself to come back and fight for his team. And that might be the smart thing in the long run...or it might not. I'd have a tough time looking myself in the mirror if I was Rose after being cleared to play for months while Noah is out there toughing it out and fighting for his team.
Rose did the warrior thing in 2012 and kept coming back early from nagging injuries, it resulted in more injuries and in the end a torn ACL. He has obviously changed his approach and will no longer risk it if he isn't 100%.

You can call it mentally weak and soft, but I call it smart in the long run. Not everyone can be as fearless and durable as Westbrook. He is only 24 and has lot of seasons ahead of him, this whole thing will be forgotten when he comes back in his MVP form and dominates.

fsvr54
04-23-2013, 09:57 PM
I remember this ad at the beginning of the season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtj-D8HT9BY

They should redo it and show him walking to a courtside seat wearing a business suit.

:roll: :roll:

nathanjizzle
04-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Dude... you STILL don't get it. HE said his knee feels fine. He's not playing because his mind isn't right about it. He says his knee feels fine. I said it again so maybe you'll read it this time. His issue is with his feelings. He's running full speed on it at practice... when someone could roll on it and injure it again just the same as a game.

I agree it's not complicated, which is why it's weird that people are able to make this simple distinction. If he said his knee still hurt I don't think people would be giving him shit. but he says it feels ok and he's playing on it hard in practice. Get it?

actually, theirs no information that hes running or cutting at full speed, youre just making that up. thats probably the last hurdle in his mind is trusting that his knee wont buckle again going 100 percent torque and impact on it.

Kblaze8855
04-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Rose isn't a warrior. He's not going to push himself to come back and fight for his team.

He had nagging injuries all last season....got hurt again in March...missed 17 games. tried going a few times. Played limited minutes a couple games then sat out the end to rest. Came back for the playoffs though.

How that go?

Assuming he could go 100% coming off an injury may well be why he was playing such heavy minutes.

A finger injury is one thing. A rib injury. Something that is just pain.

Knees?

Sit. Down.

We have lost too many people to "Well...we thought he was fine". Too many legendary talents have become too many cautionary tales. Grant Hill back for the playoffs when he shouldnt be, Penny(read some of his articles on how nobody on the magic wanted to hear that he needed to sit...how he felt pressure to play before he ended himself), Walton, Webber putting off rest till after the season going down in 03 and never being the same, everyone wanting Oden back including Portland fans here calling him out for being "cleared".

Im sick of it. So many of the same stories. Always "He was cleared...." then fans talking about what if what if...

Being called a "warrior" on the internet isnt worth being the next Penny. Get yourself together. No hesitation. No favoring one leg and blowing out the other. Get right and get back.

If hes somehow out next year....be reason to worry.

Taking a year with a torn ACL looking to be ready in your own eyes?

Fine.

He comes back and Webbers himself and ends up a jump shooter on the 76ers....at least we wont have the "Idiot...why was he even out there?" part of the story.

Straight_Ballin
04-23-2013, 10:49 PM
I like this idea. So if I get injured on the job and the doctor clears me to play, I can just collect a paycheck and just say I'm not ready to come back mentally.
Lots of foolishness in this thread.

Shepseskaf
04-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Rose should just try to play some limited minutes. The longer this situation stretches out, the worse its going to look.

He's using up all of his career injury goodwill in one shot.

knickswin
04-23-2013, 11:07 PM
HONESTLY if a player on the Knicks were pulling this stunt, I would NOT be making excuses for him. Either you're a team player or you're not, and if you're not I'm going to have a hard time rooting for you.

black&scholes
04-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Rose should just try to play some limited minutes. The longer this situation stretches out, the worse its going to look.

He's using up all of his career injury goodwill in one shot.

this, no one is expecting him to immediately play at a MVP level or carry the team, but at least play a little bit to get back in shape, and at least try to help the team.

nightprowler10
04-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Rose did the warrior thing in 2012 and kept coming back early from nagging injuries, it resulted in more injuries and in the end a torn ACL. He has obviously changed his approach and will no longer risk it if he isn't 100%.
It's amazing how people forget what he did last year and how it ****ed him over.

nightprowler10
04-23-2013, 11:32 PM
HONESTLY if a player on the Knicks were pulling this stunt, I would NOT be making excuses for him. Either you're a team player or you're not, and if you're not I'm going to have a hard time rooting for you.
No one's making excuses. We're just stating the facts, facts that the media and the rabid fans choose to ignore so they can have something else to talk about.

knickswin
04-23-2013, 11:36 PM
No one's making excuses. We're just stating the facts, facts that the media and the rabid fans choose to ignore so they can have something else to talk about.

please tell me these FACTS

nightprowler10
04-23-2013, 11:37 PM
please tell me these FACTS
Read the last few pages, I'm not your bitch.

knickswin
04-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Read the last few pages, I'm not your bitch.

I did read them and I did not see any FACTS ... just some fans explaining away his BS

black&scholes
04-23-2013, 11:41 PM

the fact is that he's been cleared by many doctors months ago, and he's choosing not to play

just because he got injured in the past doesn't imply the same will happen in the future

Nuff Said
04-23-2013, 11:44 PM
the fact is that he's been cleared by many doctors months ago, and he's choosing not to play

just because he got injured in the past doesn't imply the same will happen in the future

although i do think Rose is a *****, i mean he has good reason...he doesn't want to take that same risk again, some would call it learning from his mistake...the only thing is this is the NBA where these athletes should be above the average person and push themselves harder and longer than those not playing professional sports, this is what he is paid (and paid very well might i add) to do

black&scholes
04-23-2013, 11:47 PM
although i do think Rose is a *****, i mean he has good reason...he doesn't want to take that same risk again, some would call it learning from his mistake...the only thing is this is the NBA where these athletes should be above the average person and push themselves harder and longer than those not playing professional sports, this is what he is paid (and paid very well might i add) to do

i am just saying nightprowler is saying to look at the FACTs, and the facts are contradictory to his claim

nightprowler10
04-23-2013, 11:51 PM

He had two seasons in a row where he played through injuries, mostly minor. Off the top of my head he had turf toe, ankle issues, back problems after he got into a car accident, etc. Every time the doctors cleared him I'm sure before he came back seemed to get worse. I say I'm stating facts because people completely forget about all that when calling him a bitch. I mean, he may prove to be a bitch after all next season, but I guess my point is that based on what I've seen so far I think people are acting strictly on emotion and not being reasonable.

Anyway, I think I've said everything I need to say on this topic. I just want people to STFU about Rose and talk about the Bulls as they are ffs.

knickswin
04-23-2013, 11:55 PM
He had two seasons in a row where he played through injuries, mostly minor. Off the top of my head he had turf toe, ankle issues, back problems after he got into a car accident, etc. Every time the doctors cleared him I'm sure before he came back seemed to get worse. I say I'm stating facts because people completely forget about all that when calling him a bitch. I mean, he may prove to be a bitch after all next season, but I guess my point is that based on what I've seen so far I think people are acting strictly on emotion and not being reasonable.

Anyway, I think I've said everything I need to say on this topic. I just want people to STFU about Rose and talk about the Bulls as they are ffs.

those injuries are just typical bumps and bruises. at least half the players in the NBA have as bad a list of injuries in the past couple of years. you're reaching.

SillyRabbit
04-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Lol at everyone claiming that he shouldn't "rush back."

He has said himself that he's 100% healthy. He's been in full contact team practices for three months now.

He said he wouldn't come back until he dunked off of his left leg, he did that 3 weeks ago.

Everyone knows that the only reason Derrick Rose isn't playing is because of his ego. He refuses to return until he's back in MVP form because he can't handle coming back and not being an elite player. So instead of returning and putting up 19/4/4 and trying to help his team, he'd rather sit out.

Selfish.

NBASTATMAN
04-24-2013, 12:14 AM
black and scholes did you see those nflx calls yesterday? :(

black&scholes
04-24-2013, 12:20 AM
black and scholes did you see those nflx calls yesterday? :(

whats nflx

NBASTATMAN
04-24-2013, 12:39 AM
whats nflx

FUGETITABOUTIT

Rake2204
04-24-2013, 12:42 AM
I didn't realize this issue was a big deal. I saw a few thread titles here or there but I thought it was just a few random people being unreasonable. I can't believe there's actually a swell of folk who believe this is some sort of scheme where Derrick Rose has simply decided he doesn't feel like playing this year, as if he's just bored with the idea of playing and wants to chill out for a while, maybe try switching over to billiards or something.

I'm guessing this is a topic that is being repeatedly brought up on ESPN talking panels with journalists bickering to no end about warrior mentalities, yeah?

I just cannot believe how quickly a competitor like Derrick Rose can have so many immediately turn on him just because he apparently doesn't feel as though his knee is completely and fully ready to tackle real game, full speed battles day in and day out. There's a lot of injuries I believe players can readily attempt to play through and "risk". I do not believe knee injuries are one of those risks a player wants to take. Doctors can give green lights, but it's always on the player himself to truly know and decide when he's ready to take on uncertain game conditions (i.e. not controlled practices) and believe he'll be able to play without second thoughts and hesitation.

I think the culture of the expectancy that any and all pro athletes must play through all of their injuries is completely out of wack. Every injury is unique, as is every recovery, both from a physical and mental aspect.

He had nagging injuries all last season....got hurt again in March...missed 17 games. tried going a few times. Played limited minutes a couple games then sat out the end to rest. Came back for the playoffs though.

How that go?

Assuming he could go 100% coming off an injury may well be why he was playing such heavy minutes.

Knees?

Sit. Down.

We have lost too many people to "Well...we thought he was fine". Too many legendary talents have become too many cautionary tales. Grant Hill back for the playoffs when he shouldnt be, Penny(read some of his articles on how nobody on the magic wanted to hear that he needed to sit...how he felt pressure to play before he ended himself), Walton, Webber putting off rest till after the season going down in 03 and never being the same, everyone wanting Oden back including Portland fans here calling him out for being "cleared".

Im sick of it. So many of the same stories. Always "He was cleared...." then fans talking about what if what if...

Being called a "warrior" on the internet isnt worth being the next Penny. Get yourself together. No hesitation. No favoring one leg and blowing out the other. Get right and get back.

Fine.

He comes back and Webbers himself and ends up a jump shooter on the 76ers....at least we wont have the "Idiot...why was he even out there?" part of the story.I appreciate your contributions in this thread (alongside some others - GOBB, Degness, etc.). I find your logic to be sound.

NBASTATMAN
04-24-2013, 12:48 AM
When was the last time someone tore their acl and came back as good as he was before the injury?

Keiigo-
04-24-2013, 12:54 AM
When was the last time someone tore their acl and came back as good as he was before the injury?

Adrian Peterson.

CHi1PriDe
04-24-2013, 12:56 AM

A.P is the obvious answer but he's a completely different animal. David west, Lowry, Jamal Crawford and baron Davis all come to mind who played well after.

InfiniteBaskets
04-24-2013, 12:57 AM
whats nflx

http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/uploads/2012/7/10/1047133-13419492443149374-PowerOptions.jpg

black&scholes
04-24-2013, 12:58 AM
http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/uploads/2012/7/10/1047133-13419492443149374-PowerOptions.jpg

o i don't follow options

ironic i know

DMAVS41
04-24-2013, 01:31 AM

How that go?

Knees?

Sit. Down.

Fine.

He comes back and Webbers himself and ends up a jump shooter on the 76ers....at least we wont have the "Idiot...why was he even out there?" part of the story.

Well. He has been cleared. Just a fact.

If he's not ready...so be it. Never said he should come back if he really doesn't want to.

But he should get criticism for not coming back once cleared....just like everyone else would.

We could play the "what if" games all the time. What if he comes back and plays great and they win the title.

How a player plays and what they do is open for criticism. Not sure why this is so hard for you to comprehend. He's medically cleared and he's choosing not to play because he isn't ready. That is fine...but he's not Noah. He's not any other player fighting through injuries right now putting themselves on the line for their team.

Sit. Down. Calm. Down.

I know you are a Rose fan, but there is nothing wrong with someone criticizing him for not playing. And this is without even bringing up the fact that his "camp" has been making noise about how the team didn't do enough to warrant him coming back. Could that be someone talking out of line? Sure, but it could also be exactly how Rose feels.

Simple concept. Medically cleared to play...making 15 million a year. Not playing. Deserves criticism.

Now STFU and quit whining...

Just2McFly
04-24-2013, 01:34 AM
Of course there is risk when coming back from injury. No shit GOBB and Kblaze. There is always a chance of injury, that's sports.

The doctors cleared him months ago, how would him playing now be him rushing back to play? If he can't return in damn near a year's time from an ACL tear then obviously people will have concerns. I just don't think you guys understand, if he wants to take time off and come back next year fresh, make a definitive statement so that your teammates, franchise and endorsers arent looking like uninformed idiots.

I wish him the best but he's being a b*tch to me. Either take the year off and stop being a distraction, or suit up.

Fallen Angel
04-24-2013, 01:38 AM
I don't feel like reading this thread so can someone explain to me what's going on? The doctors have cleared Rose, he's been cleared for months now right? Why isn't he playing? What does the GM and the coaching staff think about this?

3LiftHeatCurse
04-24-2013, 01:39 AM
Michael Jordan would fight with team doctors and GM to get back on the court.

MJ would have been on the court months ago.

Rose is embarrassing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzi3fHUEB1A

Droid101
04-24-2013, 01:45 AM

If he's not ready...so be it. Never said he should come back if he really doesn't want to.

But he should get criticism for not coming back once cleared....just like everyone else would.

We could play the "what if" games all the time. What if he comes back and plays great and they win the title.

How a player plays and what they do is open for criticism. Not sure why this is so hard for you to comprehend. He's medically cleared and he's choosing not to play because he isn't ready. That is fine...but he's not Noah. He's not any other player fighting through injuries right now putting themselves on the line for their team.

Sit. Down. Calm. Down.

I know you are a Rose fan, but there is nothing wrong with someone criticizing him for not playing. And this is without even bringing up the fact that his "camp" has been making noise about how the team didn't do enough to warrant him coming back. Could that be someone talking out of line? Sure, but it could also be exactly how Rose feels.

Simple concept. Medically cleared to play...making 15 million a year. Not playing. Deserves criticism.

black&scholes
04-24-2013, 02:41 AM
This is one of the most engaging and civilzed discussion on ISH in a long time

Big#50
04-24-2013, 02:50 AM
One season missed. He still has ten more years If he stays healthy. Not everyone is mentally strong to come back from injury. He's a kid. I'm a big fan. I respect his decision to come back till he feels ready.

beastmode
04-24-2013, 03:14 AM
keyboard warriors calling professional athletes weak...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/063/706/30v0t1i.jpg

Kblaze8855
04-24-2013, 05:35 AM

So was virtually everyone who ever played. Many...in retrospect...were not doing the right thing. Just a fact.

That people act like athletes owe them more than they owe themselves and their people doesnt matter to me. Nobody who blows up his knee should ever be back before they are ready.

A lesser positive than ruining your career. Id like to see it. But ive seen my team win 6. I loved them. Not as much as id have hated seeing MJ ruin his career before 25. I watched him sitting out in 86. Literally. My dad had tickets from a guy at his job who didnt wanna go while MJ was out. I sat in chicago watching MJ look fine...and not play. It bothered me. because I was a kid. Now I am not.

Having him back a month earlier(he was supposed to be back way sooner) would have been great. Him not being Penny was better.

And the moment one gets injured doing it up springs the "Was he pushed too hard" topics just like last year with some of the same fans upset now...calling for coach to get fired. I read one last night looking for an old post of mine on the matter that I couldnt find.

People just want the team to win and dont think past that to seeing the big picture. Anything that works is great...doesnt...everyones an idiot and needs to go.

Sit. Down. Calm. Down.

I have no interest in his "camp" making noise I cant confirm or deny....

The 15 million card? Really. Hes got a 100 million dollar contract hes getting paid injured or not. And another massive one from Adidas. That should if anything make someone worried about him earning that money years from now want him to wait till hes ready. All making a huge sum of money means is hes in the NBA.

I have not made a Derrick Rose topic in a year and change. Perhaps more. I suspect ive not made 5 in his career(I remember 4) There were literally 5 of these topics made at the same time yesterday. 3-4 deleted or closed. Probably 10-20 a week some by the same people. The people not worried about it are sitting quietly waiting. The people upset are the ones acting like children making emotionally driven topic after topic talking about it.

If we cut the whining...there would be none of these topics in the first place. My side doesnt tend to make them. Just...wait for him to get better.

This whole argument is generated by people who feel an athlete they dont know owes them something. The "Dude.....he tore his acl...wait till hes ready" side isnt making nearly the fuss.

Ive never suggest anyone return from a huge injury before they were ready. And ive been here talking about them a long time. This isnt Rose specific. Its common sense specific.

Torn ACL.

Doesnt feel ready.

Dont play.

I dont feel a need to make 20 topics about it. I do feel a need to question the common sense and knowledge of history of anyone who feels "Come back before you feel you should for the playoffs" is a good idea for an athletic young superstar getting past a leg injury. It just...has not worked out that well. And every single time the idiots yelling "Get back in there!" go quiet like nothing happened.

We lost 3 superstars in a decade who needed nothing but to sit down instead of trying to carry a team to/in the playoffs late in the season....in every case....fans want them to gut it out. Great Hill said he felt pressure to play just off people bringing up how Isiah wouldnt sit in the playoffs with an injury the doctors cleared him with. He didnt even think people believed he was hurting. Said he almost felt relief when it finally went and they could see it on the xray....and then he went from Lebron to "I hope he plays again...ever".

The shit is foolish and history has proven it time and time again. If someone is too upset to wait...**** em. They need to see past today. If you had someone like me behind the scenes we might not have lost Penny, Hill, or Webber. For sure wouldnt have seen Kobe and RG3 go down both of them....I watched live while discussing with a Laker/Redskin fan(odd combo I know) why they were in the game to begin with. But people like those in this topic get upset and pressure them over their contract and what they owe the people. Makes for a culture that straight up wrecks some of our most promising young stars over and over. We lose a couple a decade to "Dude....doctors say you are ok...go play. We pay you a lot of money". Just off the top I can think of 2 from the 70s, 2 from the 80s, 2 major ones from the 90s, 2 from the 2000s not counting a few that were less major but still foolish and most of them did not have to be. And im not even counting Greg Oden who had Blazer fans making "Why isnt he back?" topics like idiots before he lost an ice cream scoop sized chunk of his kneecap. I consider him just...brittle. Im considering the people who didnt have to go the way they did. And the thousands(millions) they felt were pushing them to go in the face of their better judgement.

Who does the sport the most harm in the big picture?

If recovering/injured star athletes listened to reason and not fans who dont really care about them we wouldnt have missed out on a LOT of legendary careers. But by all means.....its your right to complain.

Even if the millions of you doing it cost yourselves star after star doing it.

CeltsGarlic
04-24-2013, 05:47 AM
rose is scared to play, mentally weak human being. It probably relates to his lack of intelligence.
/thread

black&scholes
04-25-2013, 10:51 PM

bulls gonna beat nets without rose

ballinhun8
04-25-2013, 11:07 PM

bulls gonna beat nets without rose

We can beat any team in the East not named Miami without Rose. As long as Noah can stay relatively healthy for the series.

The_Yearning
04-25-2013, 11:24 PM
Bitchmade

nathanjizzle
04-25-2013, 11:26 PM
bulls can beat the heat without rose

JerryWest
04-25-2013, 11:30 PM
bulls can't beat heat with rose! :roll:

nathanjizzle
04-25-2013, 11:33 PM
bulls can't beat heat with rose! :roll:

first round exit.

JerryWest
04-25-2013, 11:34 PM
first round exit.
suck my c*ck

oh the horror
04-25-2013, 11:35 PM
first round exit.

Fitting metaphor for your life.

nathanjizzle
04-25-2013, 11:35 PM
Fitting metaphor for your life.

hmm. thought about it. made no sense. good try though.

DMAVS41
04-25-2013, 11:40 PM
So was virtually everyone who ever played. Many...in retrospect...were not doing the right thing. Just a fact.

That people act like athletes owe them more than they owe themselves and their people doesnt matter to me. Nobody who blows up his knee should ever be back before they are ready.

A lesser positive than ruining your career. Id like to see it. But ive seen my team win 6. I loved them. Not as much as id have hated seeing MJ ruin his career before 25. I watched him sitting out in 86. Literally. My dad had tickets from a guy at his job who didnt wanna go while MJ was out. I sat in chicago watching MJ look fine...and not play. It bothered me. because I was a kid. Now I am not.

Having him back a month earlier(he was supposed to be back way sooner) would have been great. Him not being Penny was better.

And the moment one gets injured doing it up springs the "Was he pushed too hard" topics just like last year with some of the same fans upset now...calling for coach to get fired. I read one last night looking for an old post of mine on the matter that I couldnt find.

People just want the team to win and dont think past that to seeing the big picture. Anything that works is great...doesnt...everyones an idiot and needs to go.

I have no interest in his "camp" making noise I cant confirm or deny....

The 15 million card? Really. Hes got a 100 million dollar contract hes getting paid injured or not. And another massive one from Adidas. That should if anything make someone worried about him earning that money years from now want him to wait till hes ready. All making a huge sum of money means is hes in the NBA.

I have not made a Derrick Rose topic in a year and change. Perhaps more. I suspect ive not made 5 in his career(I remember 4) There were literally 5 of these topics made at the same time yesterday. 3-4 deleted or closed. Probably 10-20 a week some by the same people. The people not worried about it are sitting quietly waiting. The people upset are the ones acting like children making emotionally driven topic after topic talking about it.

If we cut the whining...there would be none of these topics in the first place. My side doesnt tend to make them. Just...wait for him to get better.

This whole argument is generated by people who feel an athlete they dont know owes them something. The "Dude.....he tore his acl...wait till hes ready" side isnt making nearly the fuss.

Ive never suggest anyone return from a huge injury before they were ready. And ive been here talking about them a long time. This isnt Rose specific. Its common sense specific.

Torn ACL.

Doesnt feel ready.

Dont play.

I dont feel a need to make 20 topics about it. I do feel a need to question the common sense and knowledge of history of anyone who feels "Come back before you feel you should for the playoffs" is a good idea for an athletic young superstar getting past a leg injury. It just...has not worked out that well. And every single time the idiots yelling "Get back in there!" go quiet like nothing happened.

We lost 3 superstars in a decade who needed nothing but to sit down instead of trying to carry a team to/in the playoffs late in the season....in every case....fans want them to gut it out. Great Hill said he felt pressure to play just off people bringing up how Isiah wouldnt sit in the playoffs with an injury the doctors cleared him with. He didnt even think people believed he was hurting. Said he almost felt relief when it finally went and they could see it on the xray....and then he went from Lebron to "I hope he plays again...ever".

The shit is foolish and history has proven it time and time again. If someone is too upset to wait...**** em. They need to see past today. If you had someone like me behind the scenes we might not have lost Penny, Hill, or Webber. For sure wouldnt have seen Kobe and RG3 go down both of them....I watched live while discussing with a Laker/Redskin fan(odd combo I know) why they were in the game to begin with. But people like those in this topic get upset and pressure them over their contract and what they owe the people. Makes for a culture that straight up wrecks some of our most promising young stars over and over. We lose a couple a decade to "Dude....doctors say you are ok...go play. We pay you a lot of money". Just off the top I can think of 2 from the 70s, 2 from the 80s, 2 major ones from the 90s, 2 from the 2000s not counting a few that were less major but still foolish and most of them did not have to be. And im not even counting Greg Oden who had Blazer fans making "Why isnt he back?" topics like idiots before he lost an ice cream scoop sized chunk of his kneecap. I consider him just...brittle. Im considering the people who didnt have to go the way they did. And the thousands(millions) they felt were pushing them to go in the face of their better judgement.

Who does the sport the most harm in the big picture?

If recovering/injured star athletes listened to reason and not fans who dont really care about them we wouldnt have missed out on a LOT of legendary careers. But by all means.....its your right to complain.

Even if the millions of you doing it cost yourselves star after star doing it.

Let me try to make this even more clear.

If he's not ready to play for a physical reason...then I have absolutely no issue with him not playing.

If he's not ready to play because he's mentally unsure of himself and doesn't think it's worth the risk because of team strength and all the nonsense his camp is talking about....then I have a huge issue with it.

All the reports I've read have him cleared to play physically and that he's no longer injured. If those reports are wrong, as I've repeatedly said, then that is another story.

But how far do you take this? Once your ACL is repaired...you are actually not any more likely to damage it. Should a player never play on a sore ankle?...because they are certainly more injury prone playing on a bum ankle or twisted knee or something. It's just what professional athletes do...every time you step on the court in practice or in a game not fully 100% you are more likely to get hurt than you would be perfectly healthy. What players are perfectly healthy though? Almost everyone has something bothering them...should they all sit?

This isn't a..."Rose owes his fans" nonsense. It's just about whether or not a player choosing not to play for reasons that aren't physical being acceptable.

All those examples you listed don't even apply. Rose is not anymore likely to injure himself today than he was 2 years ago. Like you said, he's injury prone....he better learn to play a different way or deal with it...or this will be his career. Just being hurt all the time.

Pointguard
04-26-2013, 02:12 AM
Let me try to make this even more clear.

If he's not ready to play for a physical reason...then I have absolutely no issue with him not playing.

If he's not ready to play because he's mentally unsure of himself and doesn't think it's worth the risk because of team strength and all the nonsense his camp is talking about....then I have a huge issue with it.

All the reports I've read have him cleared to play physically and that he's no longer injured. If those reports are wrong, as I've repeatedly said, then that is another story.

But how far do you take this? Once your ACL is repaired...you are actually not any more likely to damage it. Should a player never play on a sore ankle?...because they are certainly more injury prone playing on a bum ankle or twisted knee or something. It's just what professional athletes do...every time you step on the court in practice or in a game not fully 100% you are more likely to get hurt than you would be perfectly healthy. What players are perfectly healthy though? Almost everyone has something bothering them...should they all sit?

All those examples you listed don't even apply. Rose is not anymore likely to injure himself today than he was 2 years ago. Like you said, he's injury prone....he better learn to play a different way or deal with it...or this will be his career. Just being hurt all the time.

I'll lay out some points for you to deal with. I'll detail it so your confusion has a direct target.

1. Rose came back from lower body injuries to join his team in the playoffs last year. He was CLEARED by doctors to play. He was cleared three times that year. He played through his pain. He tears his ACL in game one of the playoffs.

2. Rose who experienced lower bodies injuries throughout that season, obviously is doubtful about his doctor's advice all year. But he trusted them over himself and it cost his team a deep playoff run.

3. Obviously anybody who experienced this type of let down is going to listen to himself more the next time. Lower body injuries are more holistic for some people and not so much for others, meaning that when it goes knee, heel, toe, ankle to torn ACL its because each is connected. It was obvious that the team of Doctors missed this huge connection. Its considered a general weakness in Western medicine.

4. Rose knows that he isn't Dalembert with his lower body. He is obviously, doing more twist, turns, pivots, re-pivots, quick stops, jukes, torques, crazy speed and quickness mixed in with super burst explosions, moreso than anybody in the sport. If you ever seen him live its a joke to compare anybody to him. If they give him 8 - 12 months better to trust himself and not be so game with the guys giving clearances.

5. Rose is experiencing burning in his hamstrings. This is due to some type of release of chemical, stress release chemical, in the body. Doctors in general say the chemical is ok (in most people) but can cause cramping or stiffening. So he is still at risk greater than he was two years ago. You don't know what you are talking about.

6. CLEARED means lets see how this goes. It doesn't mean he's ready to play. There is still feedback on progress.

7. He's a franchise player entering his prime. Weak people go for crumbs on the table, that's their mentality. No high value person should risk himself for the immediate moment when they have a bright future in front of them. Yeah, its the condom conversation you apparently never had. Its an uneducated move, that only people who are lost and who are thinking cheap will do, but not those who think in terms of maximum reward will entertain.

8. Why do you think the people who are paying him the 15 million you care about so much aren't pressuring him? Could it be they have the same value system as Rose? Rose and the Bulls think big picture with a high standard for self. And then there are haters who have no standard and just hate. You think this strange group of hater sheep that are extremely predictable, consistent in this exact same product, pretend to be doctor's and act gravely concerned about the Bulls, are fooling the rest of us? The blind can see your intentions very easily.

Its the playoffs. Fans should be tuned into the guys who are playing and the teams that are playing. I know your team isn't playing, Gin, but calling Rose weak isn't going to make Dirk any stronger. Rose's team and front office are cool with it. You all can work yourself up about it but... its dumb exercise in futility. You concerning yourself moreso than the guys paying him 15 million. Do you really think you are up on things moreso than they are with your 5 cent type of thinking?

black&scholes
04-26-2013, 02:30 AM
I'll lay out some points for you to deal with. I'll detail it so your confusion has a direct target.

1. Rose came back from lower body injuries to join his team in the playoffs last year. He was CLEARED by doctors to play. He was cleared three times that year. He played through his pain. He tears his ACL in game one of the playoffs.

2. Rose who experienced lower bodies injuries throughout that season, obviously is doubtful about his doctor's advice all year. But he trusted them over himself and it cost his team a deep playoff run.

3. Obviously anybody who experienced this type of let down is going to listen to himself more the next time. Lower body injuries are more holistic for some people and not so much for others, meaning that when it goes knee, heel, toe, ankle to torn ACL its because each is connected. It was obvious that the team of Doctors missed this huge connection. Its considered a general weakness in Western medicine.

4. Rose knows that he isn't Dalembert with his lower body. He is obviously, doing more twist, turns, pivots, re-pivots, quick stops, jukes, torques, crazy speed and quickness mixed in with super burst explosions, moreso than anybody in the sport. If you ever seen him live its a joke to compare anybody to him. If they give him 8 - 12 months better to trust himself and not be so game with the guys giving clearances.

5. Rose is experiencing burning in his hamstrings. This is due to some type of release of chemical, stress release chemical, in the body. Doctors in general say the chemical is ok (in most people) but can cause cramping or stiffening. So he is still at risk greater than he was two years ago. You don't know what you are talking about.

6. CLEARED means lets see how this goes. It doesn't mean he's ready to play. There is still feedback on progress.

7. He's a franchise player entering his prime. Weak people go for crumbs on the table, that's their mentality. No high value person should risk himself for the immediate moment when they have a bright future in front of them. Yeah, its the condom conversation you apparently never had. Its an uneducated move, that only people who are lost and who are thinking cheap will do, but not those who think in terms of maximum reward will entertain.

8. Why do you think the people who are paying him the 15 million you care about so much aren't pressuring him? Could it be they have the same value system as Rose? Rose and the Bulls think big picture with a high standard for self. And then there are haters who have no standard and just hate. You think this strange group of hater sheep that are extremely predictable, consistent in this exact same product, pretend to be doctor's and act gravely concerned about the Bulls, are fooling the rest of us? The blind can see your intentions very easily.

Its the playoffs. Fans should be tuned into the guys who are playing and the teams that are playing. I know your team isn't playing, Gin, but calling Rose weak isn't going to make Dirk any stronger. Rose's team and front office are cool with it. You all can work yourself up about it but... its dumb exercise in futility. You concerning yourself moreso than the guys paying him 15 million. Do you really think you are up on things moreso than they are with your 5 cent type of thinking?

Rose suffered from problems with his ankles, which the doctors was correct in clearing, because it didn't reinjure afterward.

The knee was a totally new and unexpected injury, and had nothing to do with his other lower body injurys.

It's like getting a broken leg after the doctor cleared you for your broken arm. What the doctor has cleared is clear, and has nothing to do with any other injures that you might get.

Rose'sACL
04-26-2013, 02:47 AM
I don't know Rose personally so i can't make a comment if it is right for him to not come back as i don't know anything about state of his leg.
He definitely could have handled it better by just telling that it will be hard for him to come back this season and it would be a miracle if he does come back this season.

Pointguard
04-26-2013, 02:59 AM
Rose suffered from problems with his ankles, which the doctors was correct in clearing, because it didn't reinjure afterward.

The knee was a totally new and unexpected injury, and had nothing to do with his other lower body injurys.

It's like getting a broken leg after the doctor cleared you for your broken arm. What the doctor has cleared is clear, and has nothing to do with any other injures that you might get.

Please read number three!

If you compromise any part of your lower body, other parts compensate because the lower body takes the weight of the body and is always balancing 200 pounds. Sometimes 300 pounds of pressure with torques and spins/jumps... . Several parts of Rose's lower body were compromised. Heels, toes, ankles and knees.

You are basically telling me that I should be able to bench press three hundred pounds with one arm, and my injured elbow, on that one arm, wouldn't create a situation to where I might injure my wrist or the whole arm, balancing the weight.

Just think about it.

Sarcastic
04-26-2013, 03:02 AM
He shouldn't have tried to make money off coming back. What happens to all the people that went "All In For D-Rose"? Will Adidas give them their money back?

noob cake
04-26-2013, 03:05 AM
Where are the Rose homers trying to claim that MVP Rose led the Bulls to playoffs early in his career, using the counterexample of Cavs and Wizards struggling?

Oh wait, Rose was gifted with a playoff team in a big market. Medically cleared for months now. Mentally weak. GTFO Rose.

Rose ain't shit.

Lateralus
04-26-2013, 03:10 AM
Rose should have least played now, don't even have to have heavy minutes. :facepalm

Just don't know anymore. Cruel world :cry:

Crafty
04-26-2013, 03:38 AM
Rose should have Noah's heart and soul

LakersForlife
04-26-2013, 09:42 AM
D.rose is one ****in weird person hes been cleared 2 months now get your ****in ass on the floor.if this was kobe hes already raping some ass on that court

knickscity
04-26-2013, 09:47 AM
He has the backing of the managment, they clearly stated "dont come back til you feel 100%".

KingTut
04-26-2013, 11:16 AM
D.rose is one ****in weird person hes been cleared 2 months now get your ****in ass on the floor.if this was kobe hes already raping some ass on that court
That got him in trouble the first time.

KingTut
04-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Some of you just want him back for your entertainment only.

longtime lurker
04-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Rose should have least played now, don't even have to have heavy minutes. :facepalm

Just don't know anymore. Cruel world :cry:

I thought Rose would come back for the playoffs but seriously I'd be pissed if I were the Bulls fan, players or management. I understand not wanting to risk things for the regular season but it's the playoffs

Pointguard
04-26-2013, 11:21 AM
More hater sheep.

Chicago Brawls
04-26-2013, 11:35 AM
He's injured guys. Give it up. Look how pathetically he missed that first layup. Shut him down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8PiO1dKGCiY

Akhenaten
04-26-2013, 11:53 AM
The general sentiment amongst the "pro" Rose guys is that he should come back when he feels ready?

My question to that contingent is, is there any point in time in y'alls minds where it's like "Ok, enough"?

Cause what what I'm gathering, it's up to Rose to come back whenever he feels he's ready.

What happens if he feels like he isn't ready to start the season next year?

at what point if there is one will your opinion change

Rose'sACL
04-26-2013, 12:02 PM
The general sentiment amongst the "pro" Rose guys is that he should come back when he feels ready?

My question to that contingent is, is there any point in time in y'alls minds where it's like "Ok, enough"?

Cause what what I'm gathering, it's up to Rose to come back whenever he feels he's ready.

I think he is too hyped. people think of him as a better player than he was. i think if you give Westbrook a team where he can play as the only main scorer with good defense like bulls, he would produce better numbers than rose produced in his MVP year. I am not insulting rose, i genuinely believe that Westbrook is the better player even with his bad decisions sometimes.

pegasus
04-26-2013, 12:03 PM

If he doesn't come back before the start of the next season, then hell yeah I'll be pissed (that is unless he gets injured again of course, but then I would still be pissed for different reasons).

I'm not mad, I'm still supporting him, but I am disappointed that he is missing two playoffs with one injury. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. We never had any reason to doubt his heart before, so I'm not about to start doing so now.

Pointguard
04-26-2013, 12:08 PM
He has the backing of the managment, they clearly stated "dont come back til you feel 100%".

Well they are only the people who finance him and invested largely in him. The haters here, are only invested in continuing the hate affair they have with him. Its a big time clash between millionaire team owners of the Bulls, and Ish hater couch potaters. The couch potatoes are really energized by the matter and feign they intimately know more than the front office who have bestowed 15 mil on their prized MVP and have a slew of doc's at their disposal who actually know the situation.

I can't figure why you would come here and actually make sense.

Djsonny
04-26-2013, 12:08 PM
i've torn my acl and i was fine to get back on the court after 6 months. yea, i was rusty at first but that comes with the territory. by 8-10 months i was almost at 100% and was more explosive because of the rehab. the only way you get mentally adjusted is by going full speed in a high intensity game. there's no other way to simulate it.

unless there's complications, rose is being a bitch by not playing, especially if he's worried about criticism if he doesn't produce well. if he contribute in any way, be it a 10-12 minute boost off the bench, he should do it.

haha good job man, cant say the same to rose

Pointguard
04-26-2013, 12:42 PM
i've torn my acl and i was fine to get back on the court after 6 months. yea, i was rusty at first but that comes with the territory. by 8-10 months i was almost at 100% and was more explosive because of the rehab. the only way you get mentally adjusted is by going full speed in a high intensity game. there's no other way to simulate it.

You think you are in the same class as Derrick Rose? You spin/torque like him? You play like him? You tore your ACL like him? I don't know of anybody who was more explosive by 10 months. You sure about that??? Unless you were the weakest legged person on earth, with a one inch vertical, that should flat out not be. What facility did you use for your rehab? What were you doing in your third month of Rehab?

I think he is too hyped. people think of him as a better player than he was. i think if you give Westbrook a team where he can play as the only main scorer with good defense like bulls, he would produce better numbers than rose produced in his MVP year. I am not insulting rose, i genuinely believe that Westbrook is the better player even with his bad decisions sometimes.

I give you some credit for being honest about the energy that brought you here. You're mad at him getting a lot of positive attention, which is why a lot of others are here also. I don't understand why you name yourself after his injury tho??? And yeah you are going to get lumped in with the guy who thinks his SAT scores should be brought up. This is practical because when Rose can't do his job only the best in the world can replace him, but I really do believe a guy with a lower IQ than Rose is over the guy who made this complaint.

Dengness9
04-26-2013, 12:50 PM
Mike Wilbon

It's unthinkably misguided that Derrick Rose's continued rehab of a career-threatening knee injury has become a referendum on his manhood, that something as vague as being "cleared to play" suggests not being in the lineup one year after suffering an absolutely devastating injury means he's shirking his responsibility or is some kind of slacker. It's unthinkably misguided that we're more interested in Rose proving his toughness than in his long-term viability or what makes the most sense in terms of the Bulls getting back into championship contention in reasonable time.

[+] Enlarge
AP Photo/Kathy Willens
Derrick Rose's teammates, and various other players, support his decision to not rush his return.
You want to revel in more of that nonsense you'd better look elsewhere because you're not reading here that Rose needs to play Thursday night against the Nets, or if he's a real man he'll suit up against the Miami Heat in the next round if the Bulls advance. I'll leave it to others to compare Rose's comeback to Ricky Rubio, whose next explosive play will be his first, and Iman Shumpert, who's been a shadow of his rookie self … as if either Rubio or Shumpert has been a league MVP or led a team to the NBA conference finals or is truly a franchise player.

Add the words "cleared to play" to the sight of Adrian Peterson coming back, yes miraculously, in another sport and now Derrick Rose is a bum because he's paying attention to his own body and taking seriously and responsibly his long-term commitment to his career and the Chicago Bulls? The biggest mistake of this season was Bulls management not coming out in October and saying, "As far as we're concerned, Derrick Rose will sit out this season and anything else will be a bonus, a complete surprise."

That's what somebody in the front office should have announced the first day of training camp; instead Rose is just out there, doing what he (and many players who've suffered this kind of injury) thinks is the smart thing to do, but twisting in the wind from a public relations standpoint. This is a perception problem more than anything else and the people at the top, starting with Jerry Reinsdorf, should have shut off the conversation before the season began. Hell, that's why Gar Forman (very, very wisely) put together a bridge roster with a bunch of one-year contracts, BECAUSE THEY KNEW IT WAS VERY POSSIBLE ROSE WOULDN'T PLAY THIS SEASON!

But because this false-hope speculation became rampant, the Bulls now have a 24-year-old star who was easily the most beloved player in Chicago sports since Michael Jordan, under attack, first nationally and now, unbelievably, locally.

Before you buy into this nonsense, if you haven't already, do some research. Look up some of the players who had their careers wrecked by serious knee injuries … or if not wrecked, then derailed for a long while, meaning a full season or more. Players such as: Penny Hardaway, Gilbert Arenas, Tim Hardaway, Antonio McDyess and Bernard King.

That's a tiny sample of NBA players, explosive players, who had their careers sabotaged by knee injuries similar to the one that felled Rose. That's a handful of former All-Stars, four of them former All-NBA players, who I bet would give anything to do their rehab over again and take more time than they did before returning to the court. All played again, all had very productive seasons again. None was ever close to his pre-injury form.

Rose seems intent on not joining that group, on coming back much closer to the MVP he was before ripping up his knee. But the chorus of critics, which grows larger and louder by the day it seems, is equally intent on deriding him as being soft for doing so, even in Chicago where impatience is plain goofy. Wouldn't we rather have Rose back as close to his old form as possible than to just have him back? To do that, "cleared to play" can't be the bar he's trying to clear. And even if "cleared to play" was a magical sentence that healed all scars and took away all pain, how come all those NFL players, who were at the time "cleared to play," are suing the NFL over medical and safety issues?

Gallery: Derrick Rose's Career
From preps to the Bulls, ESPN Chicago focuses on point guard Derrick Rose.

Gallery: Rose's career Bulls blog

Pointguard
04-26-2013, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=Dengness9]Mike Wilbon

Before you buy into this nonsense, if you haven't already, do some research. Look up some of the players who had their careers wrecked by serious knee injuries

ballinhun8
04-26-2013, 01:09 PM
Are fans of other teams that scared? Jealous? Mad?

Why else do they care so much when our PG comes back?

Why? What does it matter to them?

Or is it the cool thing just to pile on the "Rose is a bitch" bandwagon?

alleykat
04-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Rose is bitchmade like Lebron and Wade and Bosh. True warriors like KG, Kobe, Noah, CP3, KD, Westbrook etc are dying breed.

cp3 is a dying breed of warrior? get out of here with that....let me know when he stops throwing his throwing his hands in the air every time somebody breathes his way...

dh144498
04-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Rose is too mentally weak to play.

Kblaze8855
04-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Thanks Dengness. Great article. He made a lot of similar points to a poster here in fact.

If you glance at the kind of hating posts rose is getting for the most part its clearly a lot more adults on the side of him waiting it out. Lot of kids and probably 19 year olds who dont remember anything before 2005 are upset. Which does not surprise me. As I said...I was pissed off seeing all those Jordanless games when he went down. But I was a child.

Ive long been old enough to see past my increased enjoyment of a few weeks. And I have enough time as a fan to look back on the many superstars driven to return before they wanted to only to become cautionary tales.

And that the very guy in question sat out most of the end of last season only to return hurting for the playoffs and blow out his ACL...and people still have trouble figuring it out and post claims of him being "bitchmade" like some 14 yearolds?

Kinda lets you know who to ignore down the line.

Glide2keva
04-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Are fans of other teams that scared? Jealous? Mad?

Why else do they care so much when our PG comes back?

Why? What does it matter to them?

Or is it the cool thing just to pile on the "Rose is a bitch" bandwagon?This part.

Glide2keva
04-27-2013, 02:02 PM
If you glance at the kind of hating posts rose is getting for the most part its clearly a lot more adults on the side of him waiting it out. Lot of kids and probably 19 year olds who dont remember anything before 2005 are upset. Which does not surprise me. As I said...I was pissed off seeing all those Jordanless games when he went down. But I was a child.

Ive long been old enough to see past my increased enjoyment of a few weeks. And I have enough time as a fan to look back on the many superstars driven to return before they wanted to only to become cautionary tales.

And that the very guy in question sat out most of the end of last season only to return hurting for the playoffs and blow out his ACL...and people still have trouble figuring it out and post claims of him being "bitchmade" like some 14 yearolds?

Kinda lets you know who to ignore down the line.
Truth.