PDA

View Full Version : To kids crying about the Heat being stacked....

TonyMontana
04-23-2013, 05:54 PM
I Have a question to ask you....

Since the Heat are the only team you ever complain about because of their high talent level is it safe to assume that you feel that the Heat are the best team of all-time?

TheReal Kendall
04-23-2013, 05:55 PM

Since the Heat are the only team you ever complain about because of their high talent level is it safe to assume that you feel that the Heat are the best team of all-time?

So you don't think they're stacked?

bmd
04-23-2013, 05:56 PM
I don't know if people complain about their players or if it is more how they decided together to join forces.

TonyMontana
04-23-2013, 05:57 PM
So you don't think they're stacked?

I think they have a great team(best in the league).

But every year someone has to be the best. If the Heat are the first team to be "beyond stacked" does that mean haters see them as the best team of all-time? Surely they didn't have a problem with it when it was their favorite team with the most talent in the league.

TheReal Kendall
04-23-2013, 06:01 PM
I think they have a great team(best in the league).

But every year someone has to be the best. If the Heat are the first team to be "beyond stacked" does that mean haters see them as the best team of all-time? Surely they didn't have a problem with it when it was their favorite team with the most talent in the league.

:confusedshrug: I think most people don't like the fact that they joined up. That's why I don't respect them and the fact that ESPN be all over their nuts. They are the best in the league now. Can you name a team in history where 3 top dogs from different teams decided to join forces? Only team I can think of is the Dream team

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Ever heard of 'relative to competition'? Derp.

LBJ 23
04-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Those are mostly the same kids who will continue to put down Wade(old, washed up, nothing without his athleticism,..) to prop up Kobe when there is a debate about the two and at the same time overrate the shit out of Wade and Bosh just to show how stacked Miami really is (to discredit anything Lebron achieves with the Heat).

outbreak
:confusedshrug: I think most people don't like the fact that they joined up. That's why I don't respect them and the fact that ESPN be all over their nuts. They are the best in the league now. Can you name a team in history where 3 top dogs from different teams decided to join forces? Only team I can think of is the Dream team

pierce, KG and ray? They were older though. I think a lot of players would look to team up if the opportunity is there, everyone wants a ring and in the modern age most players are friends off the court. Miami's front office did a good job of pulling it off my criticism is just with how lebron handled the announcement.

bmd
:confusedshrug: I think most people don't like the fact that they joined up. That's why I don't respect them and the fact that ESPN be all over their nuts. They are the best in the league now. Can you name a team in history where 3 top dogs from different teams decided to join forces? Only team I can think of is the Dream teamLakers this year? Rockets with Olajuwon, Barkley, and Drexler?

Mr. Jabbar
04-23-2013, 06:06 PM
They're extremely stacked, but for a reason, Riley knows its the only way lebron has a chance at a ring, you take a bit of the talent out and lebron may just choke it again a la 2011.

You dont just simply put lebron along with serviceable role players and expect them to succeed like kobes past 2 chips, his team NEEDS to be extremely stacked.

chosen_wun
04-23-2013, 06:08 PM
They're extremely stacked, but for a reason, Riley knows its the only way lebron has a chance at a ring, you take a bit of the talent out and lebron may just choke it again a la 2011.

You dont just simply put lebron along with serviceable role players and expect them to succeed like kobes past 2 chips...

Those are mostly the same kids who will continue to put down Wade(old, washed up, nothing without his athleticism,..) to prop up Kobe when there is a debate about the two and at the same time overrate the shit out of Wade and Bosh just to show how stacked Miami really is (to discredit anything Lebron achieves with the Heat).
^^^^

Heavincent
04-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Relative to era...they're the most stacked team of all time. If they played in the 90's, I honestly don't think they would win because of their lack of size, but this is probably the weakest era for the center position in NBA history. There's nobody to take advantage of their one and only weakness.

Not to whine, but it does take away a lot of the fun when one team is far more talented than anyone else. They have 2 FMVP's with a perennial all star as a 3rd option and a bunch of great 3 pt shooters and defenders as role players (the greatest 3 pt shooter of all time as a matter of fact). It's like seeing the ending of the movie first. Sure, the journey is still kind of fun, but there's no tension at all because you already know what happens at the end. I'd probably blame the NBA as a league more than anything else. You just don't see shit like this in the NFL (probably has a lot to do with the nature of the sports though).

aburre21
04-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Relative to era...they're the most stacked team of all time. If they played in the 90's, I honestly don't think they would win because of their lack of size, but this is probably the weakest era for the center position in NBA history. There's nobody to take huge advantage of their one and only weakness.

Not to whine, but it does take away a lot of the fun when one team is far more talented than anyone else. They have 2 FMVP's with a perennial all star as a 3rd option and a bunch of great 3 pt shooters and defenders as role players (the greatest 3 pt shooter of all time as a matter of fact). It's like seeing the ending of the movie first. Sure, the journey is still kind of fun, but there's no tension at all because you already know what happens at the end. I'd probably blame the NBA as a league more than anything else. You just don't see shit like this in the NFL. Probably has a lot to do with the nature of the sports though.

so last year's Thunder weren't more stacked than them?

KD (won scoring title 3 straight years)
WB (had a better year than Wade last year)
Harden (we've all seen what he was able to do this year, 6th man of the year)
Ibaka (one of if not the best shot blocking bigs in the league)
Perkins
Sefalosha

You idiots need to stop making stupid statements

Heavincent
04-23-2013, 06:14 PM

Perkins
Sefalosha

I was referring to this year. This is turning out to be the most unmemorable NBA season since I started watching basketball.

TheReal Kendall
04-23-2013, 06:16 PM

Perkins
Sefalosha

You idiots need to stop making stupid statements:facepalm

You fail to realize that they were all drafted by the Thunder

bmd
04-23-2013, 06:16 PM
I was referring to this year. This is turning out to be the most unmemorable NBA season since I started watching basketball.Most unmemorable? How so?

TheReal Kendall
04-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Most unmemorable? How so?

Who you think gonna win the championship?

Beastmode88
04-23-2013, 06:19 PM

Perkins
Sefalosha

Perkins?! :biggums:

bmd
04-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Who you think gonna win the championship?What does that have to do with how unmemorable the season has been?

TheReal Kendall
04-23-2013, 06:24 PM
What does that have to do with how unmemorable the season has been?

Everybody know the Heat gonna win and the season has just been boring besides a few dunks. Nothing really happened

Heavincent
Most unmemorable? How so?

Unmemorable because everyone already knows what's gonna happen. There's no tension.

LBJ 23
:facepalm

And that makes them less ''stacked'' right?

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-23-2013, 06:25 PM
What does that have to do with how unmemorable the season has been?
What moments stood out to you?

NBASTATMAN
04-23-2013, 06:25 PM

The Lakers this year.. But it didn't work out and they only made the playoffs with help from STERN....

Nash got his team into the playoffs last year. So no excuses..

I also don't get why all the fuss over 3 overrated stars getting together... Overrated IMO....The Heat can be beat by a team that can hurt them on the boards...

bmd
04-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Everybody know the Heat gonna win and the season has just been boring besides a few dunks. Nothing really happenedBoring besides a few dunks? Wth?

Also, nobody on the face of the Earth know what is going to happen.

And even if you think the Heat is the best team, you watch to see if anybody can take them out.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-23-2013, 06:27 PM
All I know is that a couple other teams are paying some of the Miami Heat's payroll. Good job David Stern :applause:

TheBrewer
04-23-2013, 06:28 PM
:facepalm Apr 2013

selrahc
04-23-2013, 06:28 PM
no. you can be "stacked" without being the best. the lakers with kobe, shaq, payton, and malone were "stacked" and they werent the best.

so yes the heat are stacked. they have arguably two of the top 5 players in the league and another top 5 at his position. no team has ever been so stacked. but they arent the best team simply because they play less than the sum of their parts. lebron plays with GOAT talent in the first three quarters but folds under pressure. wade is a ball dominant player but cant be with lebron around. they all take lesser roles to play with each other.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-23-2013, 06:30 PM
:facepalm Apr 2013
OP is stuck in the 80's.

All Net
04-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Most consider alot of title teams stacked.

TheReal Kendall
Boring besides a few dunks? Wth?

Also, nobody on the face of the Earth know what is going to happen.

And even if you think the Heat is the best team, you watch to see if anybody can take them out.

Yes! Nothing special happened. I know the Heat gonna repeat.

bmd
What moments stood out to you?Clippers streak, Miami's streak, The Lakers being terrible and then fighting back to make the playoffs, Carmelo playing out of his mind, LeBron doing the same, my Rockets making the playoffs with a completely revamped team, etc.

theBIGjabroni
04-23-2013, 06:34 PM
lebron riders are retarded 15-18 year olds thinking they are intelligent and enlightened now that they finally went through puberty

TheReal Kendall
04-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Clippers streak, Miami's streak, The Lakers being terrible and then fighting back to make the playoffs, Carmelo playing out of his mind, LeBron doing the same, my Rockets making the playoffs with a completely revamped team, etc.

Meh

Derka
04-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Its not that they're stacked that people hate. Its how three players conspired to use free agency to stack the deck wildly in their own favor that people will never stop giving them shit for.

But in the end, who really cares?

Mr Exlax
04-23-2013, 06:52 PM
It's ok for a FO to build a super team and move around the players that they want and don't want. It's not ok for players to actually control their own destiny and make their own super team. Makes sense.

LuigiChambles
04-23-2013, 06:54 PM
Its not that they're stacked that people hate. Its how three players conspired to use free agency to stack the deck wildly in their own favor that people will never stop giving them shit for.

The 2 Magic words here are "Free Agency". When you are Unrestricted Free agent, you can do whatever you want.

Derka
04-23-2013, 06:56 PM
It's ok for a FO to build a super team and move around the players that they want and don't want. It's not ok for players to actually control their own destiny and make their own super team. Makes sense.

I'm not saying I hate on them for doing it by any stretch. The CBA allowed them to do it, so they did it. That thar's life in the NBA, folks. They're reaping huge rewards for it now.

Mr Exlax
04-23-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm not saying I hate on them for doing it by any stretch. The CBA allowed them to do it, so they did it. That thar's life in the NBA, folks. They're reaping huge rewards for it now.

Oh no bro I wasn't singling you out. That's just my response to anything about Miami Heat and the super team. The slaves finally got a chance to be in a position of power.

TheReal Kendall
04-23-2013, 07:00 PM

This and the rest is Riley building around them. I don't hate them nor do I respect them.

TheCalmInsanity
04-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Lol at these Laker fans who get so angry about the Heat "joining forces". The Laker fans who think that the NBA isn't watchable because the Heat are just going to win it too easy.

The Lakers had Gasol and Kobe, who themselves won 2 championships, and ADDED to that core the best center in the NBA at the time (Dwight Howard) for an injured moron knucklehead Bynum and got Steve Nash for pickles and tartar sauce.

The same Laker fans hated the Heat for "cheating" and "joining forces" when it's only 2 players that joined the team (Lebron and Bosh). Then after the Lakers got Nash and Howard, their whole persona changed. Then it became "THE HEAT WHO?" and "OUR SUPERTEAM IS BETTER THAN YOURS!!!" with the internet memes all over the place. So now it's cool all of a sudden to have a superteam?

Then when their superteam fizzled this year and disappointed everyone, they go right back to the whole "MIAMI CHEATED AND JOINED FORCES BLAH BLAH BLAH".

Never seen such a self entitled spoiled princess filled franchise. You have had some of the best players in NBA history, you still had Kobe and Gasol and added an all star point guard and the best center in the NBA and you still complain? Most teams couldn't even have 1 of the 4 (Kobe, Gasol, Howard, Nash) without completely demolishing their team, let alone 2, let alone all freaking 4.

Way to be thankful for what you have, Laker fans. And when the going gets tough and reality hurts, let's blame other franchises who have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU OR YOUR CONFERENCE for stupid garbage just to feel better about you losing with all this talent.

And this is from a NON MIAMI fan. It just really bothers me that Laker fans are this ignorant.

TheReal Kendall
04-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Lol at these Laker fans who get so angry about the Heat "joining forces". The Laker fans who think that the NBA isn't watchable because the Heat are just going to win it too easy.

The Lakers had Gasol and Kobe, who themselves won 2 championships, and ADDED to that core the best center in the NBA at the time (Dwight Howard) for an injured moron knucklehead Bynum and got Steve Nash for pickles and tartar sauce.

The same Laker fans hated the Heat for "cheating" and "joining forces" when it's only 2 players that joined the team (Lebron and Bosh). Then after the Lakers got Nash and Howard, their whole persona changed. Then it became "THE HEAT WHO?" and "OUR SUPERTEAM IS BETTER THAN YOURS!!!" with the internet memes all over the place. So now it's cool all of a sudden to have a superteam?

Then when their superteam fizzled this year and disappointed everyone, they go right back to the whole "MIAMI CHEATED AND JOINED FORCES BLAH BLAH BLAH".

Never seen such a self entitled spoiled princess filled franchise. You have had some of the best players in NBA history, you still had Kobe and Gasol and added an all star point guard and the best center in the NBA and you still complain? Most teams couldn't even have 1 of the 4 (Kobe, Gasol, Howard, Nash) without completely demolishing their team, let alone 2, let alone all freaking 4.

Way to be thankful for what you have, Laker fans. And when the going gets tough and reality hurts, let's blame other franchises who have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU OR YOUR CONFERENCE for stupid garbage just to feel better about you losing with all this talent.

And this is from a NON MIAMI fan. It just really bothers me that Laker fans are this ignorant.

:coleman: I'm a Suns fan :confusedshrug:

poido123
04-23-2013, 07:12 PM
And that makes them less ''stacked'' right?

Man, you missed the point. Let me spell it out, OKC drafted their talent, the Heat formed their talent from taking 3 topdogs from other teams to eliminate their competition.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-23-2013, 07:15 PM

Your post is a wonderful explanation of why most Lakers fans are a joke.

poido123
04-23-2013, 07:21 PM

This is a good post because its true. I can remember on here when Laker fans were boasting that they had a better superteam and how they were going to take care of Miami.

Still, Miami fans always look to divert the attention away from the fact that they bought their success by taking the easy way and went all diva about it.

HiphopRelated
04-23-2013, 07:24 PM
:facepalm

who gives a shit?

kamil
04-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Apr 2013 :facepalm

TheReal Kendall
04-23-2013, 07:30 PM
who gives a shit?

:lol Looks like you do

poido123
04-23-2013, 07:33 PM
who gives a shit?

He was pointing out how stupid that post was.

Why care to write who gives a shit? If you don't give a shit, ignore the post and move on...

JohnnyA
04-23-2013, 07:39 PM
If through recruiting skill or just good fortune you happen to draft a great team its all good. But if you have to make moves to make it happen its not okay?

Or is the issue here that the players collaborated to make something happen? It's okay for the GM to make the moves, but if the players involved are perceived as having been in cahoots its not okay?

NumberSix
04-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Relative to era...they're the most stacked team of all time. If they played in the 90's, I honestly don't think they would win because of their lack of size, but this is probably the weakest era for the center position in NBA history. There's nobody to take advantage of their one and only weakness.
Are you fcuking serious? No, there's no chance that you actually believe that.

I know hyperbole can be fun, but don't be ridiculous. There has never been a more lopsided team relative to the teams of the same era in the NBA than the 60's Celtics. It's not even close and that kind of lopsided 1-team dominated era will never happen again.

BlackVVaves
04-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Are you fcuking serious? No, there's no chance that you actually believe that.

I know hyperbole can be fun, but don't be ridiculous. There has never been a more lopsided team relative to the teams of the same era in the NBA than the 60's Celtics. It's not even close and that kind of lopsided 1-team dominated era will never happen again.

Or, the Celtics and Lakers from 84-87.

Haymaker
04-23-2013, 07:50 PM

You dont just simply put lebron along with serviceable role players and expect them to succeed like kobes past 2 chips, his team NEEDS to be extremely stacked.

I think Lebron's confidence stems from knowing he has a safety net in Wade, Allen and Bosh. He's too afraid of failure to go at it without superior "help".

Mr. Jabbar
04-23-2013, 08:00 PM
I think Lebron's confidence stems from knowing he has a safety net in Wade, Allen and Bosh. He's too afraid of failure to go at it without superior "help".

Bingo. It only took lebron a stacked team and a ref-carried 2012 playoffs to gain some confidence. Too bad underaged kids still fall for this false idols hype...

TonyMontana
04-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Ever heard of 'relative to competition'? Derp.

It's not anything new. Someone in here mentioned the 90s. The Bulls won all but two or so titles in that entire decade, yet the Heat only have one and theres this much crying? Celtics-Lakers dominated the 80s winning all but a few titles and Spurs/Lakers in the 00s. The NBA has always been a league where one or two teams dominate. It's repeated itself nearly every decade. Didn't the Celtics win like 10 titles in 11 years? ****ing retards.

The people that are going with this "The NBA sucks because the Heat are stacked" are just saying that because their mad LeBron has the league in his hands just like all top 10 players have before and they want their excuse ready for when he succeeds.

Even funnier is that most of them are Laker fans, a team that has had more stacked lineups than any team in league history. If your going to cry about the Heat being stacked then admit them as the best team of all-time

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Clippers streak, Miami's streak, The Lakers being terrible and then fighting back to make the playoffs, Carmelo playing out of his mind, LeBron doing the same, my Rockets making the playoffs with a completely revamped team, etc.

And this. More has happened this year than last year probably(feel free to name the highlights of last year). People are just mad because the main story is the Heat(who they hate).

Free agency is just another tool like the draft/trading to revamp ones roster. It's no different than Boston or what LA did(but failed) to do earlier this year. People are just mad because the Heat are having fantastic success. If they sucked noone would care about that.

Graviton
06-02-2013, 01:09 AM
"I think they have a great team(best in the league).

But every year someone has to be the best. If the Heat are the first team to be "beyond stacked" does that mean haters see them as the best team of all-time? Surely they didn't have a problem with it when it was their favorite team with the most talent in the league."

Fast forward to now...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302071

"Holy ****ing shit I called this. With Birdman out in Game 6 Heat get demolished. No bigman to finish dunks after LBJ penetrates the defense. No bigman to protect the rim, rebound and provide toughness inside.

I can't believe LeBron won a title with a Birdmanless Heat last year. Then again Wade didn't suck this much dick.

LeBrons greatness is magnified because he is the only guy to win a title without a dominant rim protecter/rebounder. MJ had Horace Grant and Rodman. Isiah had Laimbeer and Rodman."

Birdman made them the best team in the league guys. :bowdown:

bluechox2
06-02-2013, 01:11 AM
not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4 ...

TonyMontana
06-02-2013, 01:16 AM
"I think they have a great team(best in the league).

But every year someone has to be the best. If the Heat are the first team to be "beyond stacked" does that mean haters see them as the best team of all-time? Surely they didn't have a problem with it when it was their favorite team with the most talent in the league."

Fast forward to now...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302071

"Holy ****ing shit I called this. With Birdman out in Game 6 Heat get demolished. No bigman to finish dunks after LBJ penetrates the defense. No bigman to protect the rim, rebound and provide toughness inside.

I can't believe LeBron won a title with a Birdmanless Heat last year. Then again Wade didn't suck this much dick.

LeBrons greatness is magnified because he is the only guy to win a title without a dominant rim protecter/rebounder. MJ had Horace Grant and Rodman. Isiah had Laimbeer and Rodman."

Birdman made them the best team in the league guys. :bowdown:

I would still take the Heat roster over any other roster in the league(even if they lose).

Thats more to do with it having LeBron James than the rest of them though. Bosh was also playing much better at the time. Rebounding has never been his forte, but never 3 RPG soft.

FLDFSU
06-02-2013, 01:28 AM
I would still take the Heat roster over any other roster in the league(even if they lose).

Thats more to do with it having LeBron James than the rest of them though. Bosh was also playing much better at the time. Rebounding has never been his forte, but never 3 RPG soft.

:applause: All this bump did was confirm what you have been saying.

I think this Heat team is a great team with a championship supporting cast. But they are not even close to having the best supporting cast of all time. They don't even have the best supporting cast this season. They may not even have the best supporting cast in the EAST!

I will say it for the 1 millionth time. You cannot possibly have a stacked team when one player is your leader in every major statistically category. To make matters worse, that said player is also your best defensive player.

How on God's green earth does that equate to the best supporting cast of all-time? The leader of the team is literally your everything yet he has the best roster in the league?

ripthekik
06-02-2013, 01:30 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:
hilarious how lebron stans now won't admit he has a stacked team :oldlol:

FLDFSU
06-02-2013, 01:34 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:
hilarious how lebron stans now won't admit he has a stacked team :oldlol:

according to this very thread from April seems like a lot of "stans" correctly noted that Lebron does not have a stacked team.

JoHnNyBoXeR
06-02-2013, 01:51 AM

On paper they should be one of the top teams of all time but they are not

JoHnNyBoXeR
06-02-2013, 01:53 AM

Ok please lebron took a team to the finals that Kobe woulda been an 8 seed with.. Lebron is much better than Kobe

gilalizard
06-02-2013, 03:35 AM
Relative to their era, the Heat are an incredibly stacked team.