PDA

View Full Version : SO which team is Kyrie Irving gonna go when his contract is up in Cleveland?

keep-itreal
04-23-2013, 09:53 PM
http://www.hallpassnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Mike_Brown.jpg

:lol :lol

KyleKong
04-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Kyrie Irving to Miami.

Chalmers and Dan Gilbert on suicide watch.

selrahc
04-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Lakers. Kobe gonna take a pay cut and Irving will join him and Howard in LA

JimmyMcAdocious
04-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Back home to play for the Nets so they can replace that scrub Dwill.

NBAller
04-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Meh i think they'll get a few nice peices in cle in this draft

loganwadams
04-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Lakers. Kobe gonna take a pay cut and Irving will join him and Howard in LA

I've been telling my roommate who is a Lakers fan all season that y'all need to get Kyrie Irving. I also think that they should amnesty Kobe.

CavaliersFTW
04-23-2013, 10:29 PM
http://www.hallpassnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Mike_Brown.jpg

:lol :lol
http://teenagenetwork.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/the-office-noooo.gif

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/rage/grand/16170812-rage-gif-.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m49ir6sCsK1qbmust.gif

Beastmode88
04-23-2013, 10:31 PM
HE PROMISED THO! :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJhphKCLx2c

LosScandalous
04-23-2013, 10:34 PM
If he can learn how to play some D come to the Lakers.

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2013, 10:35 PM
ISH still has no clue what restricted free agency is.

CavaliersFTW
04-23-2013, 10:38 PM
ISH still has no clue what restricted free agency is.
oh my god dude the amount of negs you have acquired is staggering, that has got to be some sort of record, though not one I would be particularly proud of seeing as how you acquired many of them after your jizzing-on-a-strangers-undewear drawer story :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2013, 10:40 PM
oh my god dude the amount of negs you have acquired is staggering, that has got to be some sort of record, though not one I would be particularly proud of seeing as how you acquired many of them after your jizzing-on-a-strangers-undewear drawer story :oldlol:

Honestly, I got hit the hardest the first day Jeff brought the rep back. I literally went red the first day. And I had several green bars at the time.

BuffaloBill
04-23-2013, 10:41 PM
http://teenagenetwork.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/the-office-noooo.gif

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/rage/grand/16170812-rage-gif-.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m49ir6sCsK1qbmust.gif

:roll:

NBAller
04-23-2013, 10:43 PM
"Shocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board"

:roll:

jzek
04-23-2013, 10:43 PM
I have a feeling he'll go to LA. He's not suited for a small market like CLE.

Irving + D12 :eek:

BoNafidde
04-23-2013, 10:44 PM
He will be a Knick!

CavaliersFTW
04-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Honestly, I got hit the hardest the first day Jeff brought the rep back. I literally went red the first day. And I had several green bars at the time.
people must have held a grudge, what the heck do you keep saying to people to generate so much hate? :lol

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2013, 10:48 PM
people must have held a grudge, what the heck do you keep saying to people to generate so much hate? :lol

No clue. I just call it like I see it :confusedshrug: It is weird to see posters actually blatantly going out of their way to troll, and they still have a better rep than me.

Straight_Ballin
04-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Whatever he does, I'm sure he won't make a spectacle out of himself the way Bron did when he left.

Graviton
04-23-2013, 10:53 PM
No clue. I just call it like I see it :confusedshrug: It is weird to see posters actually blatantly going out of their way to troll, and they still have a better rep than me.
Ninja you serious? :oldlol:

You troll more than anyone, hate on every player that's not on the Heat, that along with the fact you are a terrible human being in real life should explain all your negs. At least the usual trolls stick to their field (Kobe/Lebron hating). You try to take on everyone and that's why you get negged by everyone. And your complete lack of enthusiasm and sense of humor doesn't help either, some of the other trolls are at least amusing, you are just repetitive and boring.

Step yo game up.

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Ninja you serious? :oldlol:

You troll more than anyone, hate on every player that's not on the Heat, that along with the fact you are a terrible human being in real life should explain all your negs. At least the usual trolls stick to their field (Kobe/Lebron hating). You try to take on everyone and that's why you get negged by everyone. And your complete lack of enthusiasm and sense of humor doesn't help either, some of the other trolls are at least amusing, you are just repetitive and boring.

Step yo game up.

You wrote a paragraph about a poster you don't even know on an internet message board. Let that sink in.

Jailblazers7
04-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Whatever he does, I'm sure he won't make a spectacle out of himself the way Bron did when he left.

ESPN probably won't be calling Kyrie asking to do an hour long special about his decision either.

I could definitely see him in LA.

Straight_Ballin
04-23-2013, 10:58 PM
You wrote a paragraph about a poster you don't even know on an internet message board. Let that sink in.

Doesn't make it any less true. Apparently he knows you well enough to write a constructive criticism on your posts and life.

Graviton
04-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Yea I actually have some actual intelligence and can compose a paragraph in 30 seconds regarding the topic at hand. The fact i don't know you is irrelevant when the way you carry yourself on this message board tells me all I need to know about you. Acting like an immature retard will get you that label.

This whole forum is created for that writing paragraphs and discussing things, let that sink in and try it sometime.

RedBlackAttack
04-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Kyrie isn't going anywhere for at least five years. Impossible to speculate that far into the future.

CavaliersFTW
04-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Who is that in your profile pic?

Goldrush25
04-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Back on topic...

Lakers or NY would be good for him. He should be the top FA available. But aren't we talking years down the line now? He's a RFA in '15, Cavs will obviously match any offer sheet from another team, so that means he's a Cavalier through 2018.

BigDipper13
04-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Whoever gets him is very lucky.

KB24
04-24-2013, 01:07 AM
kyrie kobe d12 sacre :bowdown:

RedBlackAttack
04-24-2013, 01:09 AM
Back on topic...

Lakers or NY would be good for him. He should be the top FA available. But aren't we talking years down the line now? He's a RFA in '15, Cavs will obviously match any offer sheet from another team, so that means he's a Cavalier through 2018.
You're posting in a troll thread. So am I, but I thought you should know.

Like I said, he's likely locked up for another 5-6 years. By that time, who knows how the league (or the Cavs) will look.

alec613
04-24-2013, 01:11 AM
He'll most likely resign with Cavs

but him going to Lakers is a real possibility, as Lakers would have a clean slate by then... unless they flip Pau for multiple players with long contracts

talkingconch
04-24-2013, 02:27 AM
Lakers

beastmode
04-24-2013, 02:32 AM
he ain't going anywhere

Kobe681
04-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Back on topic...

Kyrie isn't going anywhere for at least five years. Impossible to speculate that far into the future.

I find that really unfair from a players perspective. They're basically stuck with the team that drafted them even if they absolutely don't want to be there.

RedBlackAttack
04-24-2013, 02:59 AM
I find that really unfair from a players perspective. They're basically stuck with the team that drafted them even if they absolutely don't want to be there.
There was a time when fans didn't automatically believe a player was entitled to a championship roster the moment they flashed some talent. There was a time when people believed truly great players made others around them work well together and that was proof of the player's true greatness... Not bolting at the first opportunity to join other superstars while killing the competitive balance of the league.

I'd like to go back to that time than the immediate "he has to get out" when a rebuilding team is showing patience in putting together a quality lineup on the floor.

Kyrie isn't good enough to lead a team through a playoff run at this point. And he has shown absolutely no signs that he doesn't want to be in Cleveland. This is ridiculous.

Amar'e_Juwanna
04-24-2013, 05:54 AM
If he can learn how to play some D come to the Lakers.

Nah D'Antoni coaches this team now, its all good. He's got a D in his name, you know, so he doesn't need anything else. It's like the D in his name stands for Defense... its capitalized and everything!

Amar'e_Juwanna
04-24-2013, 05:57 AM
Who is that in your profile pic?

Lol this is the real issue... remove the creepy douche mugshot (probably a smoking gun weekly mug, or a best-of) from your avatar, and maybe people wouldn't hate you so much!

toneloc103
04-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Goldrush25
Back on topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

This.. he cant go anywhere until after the 2015-16 season.. THREE full seasons from now. Way too early to speculate.

Crafty
04-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Cavs will have a great draft and can be in the playoffs next year. Assuming they also get a couple of vet in the off season

SilkkTheShocker
04-24-2013, 09:33 AM
This isn't 1996. Irving is going to be in Cleveland for for awhile. Bringing up 2015 is absolutely pointless. If the guy absolutely wants out of Cleveland he will have to play out a one year contract after the 2015 season (where he will likely be traded at the deadline) or some kind of sign and trade. Cavs have cap-space, young talent, etc. Lets see how it plays out first.

jzek
04-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Imagine if he goes to the Lakers and then LBJ joins him there with D12. :eek:

bluechox2
04-24-2013, 09:43 AM
hes joining melo in ny

Kobe681
04-24-2013, 11:12 AM
There was a time when fans didn't automatically believe a player was entitled to a championship roster the moment they flashed some talent. There was a time when people believed truly great players made others around them work well together and that was proof of the player's true greatness... Not bolting at the first opportunity to join other superstars while killing the competitive balance of the league.

I'd like to go back to that time than the immediate "he has to get out" when a rebuilding team is showing patience in putting together a quality lineup on the floor.

Kyrie isn't good enough to lead a team through a playoff run at this point. And he has shown absolutely no signs that he doesn't want to be in Cleveland. This is ridiculous.

I'm not saying anyone is entitled to a championship roster or joining other superstars. I get what you're saying and why you would think that, but what about personal choice? This has nothing to do with 'greatness' or killing competitive balance.

What if a player just wants to play for his home team? What if he always dreamt about playing for Team X? But with the rules the way they are then he's locked down for a few years and there's almost nothing he can do about it.

I'm not specifically talking about Kyrie here.

EDIT:

An example of this would be Eric Gordon. He wanted to go to the Suns. He wasnt looking to go there to join a stacked roster. For his own personal reasons, that was the team he wanted to play for. But the Hornets matched the offer 4 year offer sheet and he's unhappy there.

iDunk
04-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Knicksssssss

Patrick Chewing
04-24-2013, 11:16 AM
Honestly, it's cause I'm a fat little troll.

fixed

shady6121
04-24-2013, 11:19 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/62456_513150125393375_1457830990_n.jpg

Patrick Chewing
04-24-2013, 11:28 AM
hes joining melo in ny

Rather have Westbrook

secund2nun
04-24-2013, 01:21 PM

Yeah but this is Cleveland. They will muck it up somehow with their inept management. I just hope they don't waste a chunk of his career there.

RedBlackAttack
04-24-2013, 02:15 PM
I'm not saying anyone is entitled to a championship roster or joining other superstars. I get what you're saying and why you would think that, but what about personal choice? This has nothing to do with 'greatness' or killing competitive balance.

What if a player just wants to play for his home team? What if he always dreamt about playing for Team X? But with the rules the way they are then he's locked down for a few years and there's almost nothing he can do about it.

I'm not specifically talking about Kyrie here.

EDIT:

An example of this would be Eric Gordon. He wanted to go to the Suns. He wasnt looking to go there to join a stacked roster. For his own personal reasons, that was the team he wanted to play for. But the Hornets matched the offer 4 year offer sheet and he's unhappy there.

I feel when you choose to involve yourself in professional athletics, you give up a bit of 'personal choice' as to where you live and play at the door... At least for the first portion of your career.

It is just the nature of the business and, if you allow guys to simply choose who they want to play for right out of the gates, you are going to have a few "haves" and a whole lot of "have nots."

I'm guessing Durant's first choice out of Texas wasn't Seattle (later OKC), but look what happened... A couple years of losing, getting better through the draft and now he appears to love it there.

In order to maintain a semblance of competitive balance, you have to give the small market teams as good a chance at landing the biggest and best as the larger market franchises. Leaving that up to the whims of a teenager is not going to make for a healthy league.

What you are talking about doing would open a pandora's box that could potentially destroy franchises in rebuild mode.

That's my take.