Nash
04-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Not bad son, not bad.

Trollsmasher
04-24-2013, 01:52 PM
He had more of a case last year.

Bandito
04-24-2013, 01:53 PM
@trollsmasher: Why? his defense is as good as it was last year...

Fudge
04-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Lol ahead of Duncan and Noah. :oldlol:

chosen_wun
04-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Media constantly saying how he's the most versatile defensive wing ever besides Pippen. If that's true then give him the hardware and stop talking about it.

I.R.Beast
04-24-2013, 01:57 PM
smh.... really?...this needs to be justified...he's as overrated as they come in regards to defense. He doesnt average a block a game and his 1 on 1 defense has never been much to talk about...

K Xerxes
04-24-2013, 01:58 PM
LeBron has been coasting on defense all year. To think he deserves it over Duncan, Noah or even Tony Allen is ridiculous. The votes were off reputation than actual stellar defensive play.

The real tragedy is Ibaka being on there. That was the real joke and confirmed to me that these voters have no idea what the hell they're watching, if they do even watch at all.

Kurosawa0
04-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Media constantly saying how he's the most versatile defensive wing ever besides Pippen. If that's true then give him the hardware and stop talking about it.

Pippen never won DPOY either. It's really hard for a wing player to get it. The award is always going to be slanted towards the bigs.

Force
04-24-2013, 02:02 PM
smh.... really?...this needs to be justified...he's as overrated as they come in regards to defense. He doesnt average a block a game and his 1 on 1 defense has never been much to talk about...

lol at thinking blocks per game has much to do with defense. I think Lebron guarding 4 sometimes 5 positions on a regular basis means a whole lot more. Think about how much easier that makes things for the coach and the team.

I.R.Beast
04-24-2013, 02:07 PM
lol at thinking blocks per game has much to do with defense. I think Lebron guarding 4 sometimes 5 positions on a regular basis means a whole lot more. Think about how much easier that makes things for the coach and the team.
If you're guarding 5 positions and not doing a great job of doing it then what difference does it make?.....WHo does he lock up?....He's not much of a shotblocker so what do yu have to justify him placing 2nd.... Dwyane Wade outside of battier is the heat's best defender on ball, shotblocking and help....

SilkkTheShocker
04-24-2013, 02:09 PM
I.R. is still absolutely butthurt from LeBron destroying his team.

Lebron23
04-24-2013, 02:10 PM

This

Just ignore that clown. He's posting with his alternate account. LeBron will surpass his hero at the end of the playoffs.

Joakim Noah should have won the NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award.

Lebron23
04-24-2013, 02:11 PM
I.R. is still absolutely butthurt from LeBron destroying his team.

He's a Kobetard.

selrahc
04-24-2013, 02:13 PM
if you're not first you're last

I.R.Beast
04-24-2013, 02:14 PM
All i see is trolling and name calling, still i see no posts to justify james placing 2nd.....

Mr. I'm So Rad
04-24-2013, 02:17 PM
And people on here think Kobe is the only player who benefits from reputation. :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
04-24-2013, 02:18 PM
All i see is trolling and name calling, still i see no posts to justify james placing 2nd.....

The only thing that you said was a fact was that he averages less than a block (0.9) and that Wade is a better shotblocker. Thats it. Everything else it just your bitter opinion because he stomped your team out. Get over it, it was almost a year ago.

jimmy77x
04-24-2013, 02:21 PM
What a joke. How can a guy who plays the opposite teams worse player most of the time be 2nd:facepalm whens the last time stern actually allowed lebron to foul out? Most protected babied star in nba history.

NattyPButter
04-24-2013, 02:22 PM
so who finished first...don't just make a thread about who finished 2nd without adding who finished 1st. It makes u look like a hater.

Solefade
04-24-2013, 02:22 PM
There have been a few years where he should have won DPOY but I kinda feel like they don't give that honor to him because he had won MVP those same years. I don't think he deserved it as much this season but the Heat have played great team defense since All-Star weekend.

I.R.Beast
04-24-2013, 02:30 PM
The only thing that you said was a fact was that he averages less than a block (0.9) and that Wade is a better shotblocker. Thats it. Everything else it just your bitter opinion because he stomped your team out. Get over it, it was almost a year ago.

still no justification... What is it that he does that's make him deserving of DPOY especially given the fact that the heat help and trap more any other team in the league... James has been roaming and coasting defensively most of the year. ...Kevin Durant for the second season in a row has displayed better perimeter defense than lebron has holding his opponents to a lower FG% and is a big part of the reason why the thunder lead the league in OPFG% as a collective... I wonder if you people even watch other guys play outside your favorite players... Durant also averages more blocks yet again...smh...

Nash
04-24-2013, 02:36 PM
It's simple, Lebron is a really good defender, defends multiple positions and is part of a excellent defensive team. The people that have voted are no Lebron stans, they are professionals who have seen every minute of every game this season.

Ne 1
04-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Pippen never won DPOY either. It's really hard for a wing player to get it. The award is always going to be slanted towards the bigs.

Yeah, a wing player or a guard rarely impacts the game defensively like a big man. Scottie was one of those rare players though and I do feel that Pippen he was deserving of DPOY, specifically in '95 and he also had a good case in '94. In 1995 he was the best defender in the league, he led the league in steals and the Bulls were second in team defense while Mutombo's Nuggets were like 14th. He had the highest defensive rating, made the All-NBA 1st team defense and was the leading vote getter. Not to mention Scottie's Bulls had a better record than the Nuggets.

But anyways I look at DPOY like Coach of the Year. It's not really a such a career-defining award. If I'm comparing Scottie Pippen, Michael Jordan, Gary Payton, and Joe Dumars as defenders, the fact that Pippen and Dumars don't have any DPOYs while Jordan and Payton each have one does not cross my mind. Same with Marcus Camby and Tim Duncan for example. I don't really think COY or DPOY are awards that people really care about that much or that voters put that much thought to like they do the MVP. At least with MVPs, the greatest of the greats that are consistently great every year for a long time at least win 1 MVP (Shaq, Kobe, Hakeem) so it seems a lot more meaningful. Awards like DPOY, COY, and EOY don't really go like that. Jerry Sloan and Rick Adelman have never won COY and that Sam Presti and RC Buford have never won EOY for example.

selrahc
04-24-2013, 02:42 PM
It's simple, Lebron is a really good defender, defends multiple positions and is part of a excellent defensive team. The people that have voted are no Lebron stans, they are professionals who have seen every minute of every game this season.

so you think that he deserves more votes than Noah? Noah out hustles Lebron x100 and has a million times the impact that Lebron does on the defensive end.

arifgokcen
04-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Dude that quote doesnt fit here at all.

You can say that for your sperm for example.
If you're a sperm, only the first one counts; the rest die.

"if you're not first you're last"

:rockon: :rockon:

selrahc
04-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Dude that quote doesnt fit here at all.

You can say that for your sperm for example.
If you're a sperm, only the first one counts; the rest die.

"if you're not first you're last"

:rockon: :rockon:

how does it not fit here? nobody gives a **** about second place in DPOY. in 20 years who is going to remember Lebron came second in voting? they will only remember marc gasol.

DaSeba5
04-24-2013, 02:45 PM
I don't agree with this, but it's worth it seeing all the LeBron haters whine about it.

Ne 1
04-24-2013, 02:46 PM
There have been a few years where he should have won DPOY but I kinda feel like they don't give that honor to him because he had won MVP those same years. I don't think he deserved it as much this season but the Heat have played great team defense since All-Star weekend.

I remember people were talking about how he was a DPOY candidate in 2009 , but he showed how he wasn't even close in the ECF that year. His defense was pretty poor and practically exposed.

They assigned him to Rafer Alston and made him sag off of him and the thing is LeBron didn't make much of an impact on help defense. He didn't really bother Dwight though it was hard to do so because of how deep he was setting up but I don't remember him pressuring the ball to take time off the clock. Kobe's help defense on Dwight in the Finals was a good bit better and often stripped him or forced a deflection. I thought he could've made more of an impact defensively.

Graviton
04-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Yea, these "professionals" also voted Ibaka 3rd, ahea dof Duncan and Noah. How retarded are you, "Have seen every minute of every game this season." :roll:

Get the **** outta here with that bullshit excuse, these voters are just media brainwashed idiots, much worse than people on this forum even. They just all jump on the bandwagon and whatever name is popular among them gets the votes.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Ibaka being third is even worse.

arifgokcen
04-24-2013, 02:59 PM
how does it not fit here? nobody gives a **** about second place in DPOY. in 20 years who is going to remember Lebron came second in voting? they will only remember marc gasol.
Dude we are not in 80s.

Sometimes your trolling clouds your judgement.DPOY award is very important if you remember trolls(lebron side not your side of trolls) used to call out kobe because even though he has the most all nba 1st defense selections yet he never ranked in top 5 in DPOY voting

So believe me it will matter.

longtime lurker
04-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Who votes for defensive player of the year? Media or coaches. I don't see how Lebron is a better defensive player than Tim Duncan, Noah(especially Noah) or Larry Sanders

selrahc
04-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Dude we are not in 80s.

Sometimes your trolling clouds your judgement.DPOY award is very important if you remember trolls(lebron side not your side of trolls) used to call out kobe because even though he has the most all nba 1st defense selections yet he never ranked in top 5 in DPOY voting

So believe me it will matter.

yes DPOY award is important. Marc Gasol won it. Who cares about the rest?

lilgodfather1
04-24-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm a big fan of James, but i'm not delusional. That's just terrible honestly. He was a good defender this year, desrves 1st team, but not 2nd in DPOY. If he'd been 4th or 5th I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Just wait and see. Next year he won't win MVP, but he will win DPOY. The plan has already been set into action.

pegasus
04-24-2013, 03:03 PM
They sucked defensively in the first two months; he can never stay in front of his man with decent handles and a somewhat quick first step, and doesn't even average 1 block per game, but he's the second best defender?:lol And don't give me that "Stats don't reflect his defensive impact" bullshit. Lebron's entire career is built on stats, why ignore them now?:oldlol:

Graviton
04-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Ibaka being third is even worse.
Honestly Bosh is miles ahead of Ibaka as a defender, it's not even funny.

Better pick n roll defender, better man-to-man defender, better post defender, better at contesting around the perimeter, better defensive IQ and clutch blocking ability that isn't a goaltend and actually gives them the possession instead of knocking it out of bounds. Doesn't jump on every pump fake like an idiot and doesn't foul every time he feels outmatched or ourplayed.

Ibaka punched Griffin in the balls since he couldn't defend him worth a shit. :oldlol:

Sarcastic
04-24-2013, 03:05 PM

The voters don't watch every minute of every game, you retard.

Do you realize how much time that would take?

arifgokcen
04-24-2013, 03:06 PM
yes DPOY award is important. Marc Gasol won it. Who cares about the rest?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

dude did you even what i wrote

Who cares

TROLLS LIKE YOU CARE (doesnt matter lebron stan kobe stan same to me)
These are accomplishments.You(not just you dont get me wrong) use these miniscule details to troll

arifgokcen
04-24-2013, 03:07 PM
They sucked defensively in the first two months; he can never stay in front of his man with decent handles and a somewhat quick first step, and doesn't even average 1 block per game, but he's the second best defender?:lol And don't give me that "Stats don't reflect his defensive impact" bullshit. Lebron's entire career is built on stats, why ignore them now?:oldlol:
TROLL TROLL TROLL

Dude may i say

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Rodman_Lipofsky.jpg/220px-Rodman_Lipofsky.jpg

Ne 1
04-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Yea, these "professionals" also voted Ibaka 3rd, ahea dof Duncan and Noah. How retarded are you, "Have seen every minute of every game this season." :roll:

Get the **** outta here with that bullshit excuse, these voters are just media brainwashed idiots, much worse than people on this forum even. They just all jump on the bandwagon and whatever name is popular among them gets the votes.

Yup. Even John Hollinger once said he watches 4 NBA games a year.:roll:

Graviton
04-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Yup. Even John Hollinger once said he watches 4 NBA games a year.:roll:
And those are the kind of people who create advanced stats and try to fool us into thinking they know shit about basketball. They may as well be software programs, too bad basketball isn't played on calculators and computers. :oldlol:

chazzy
04-24-2013, 03:58 PM
If versatility matters so much on defense, why doesn't that apply to offense? It's all about impact

arifgokcen
04-24-2013, 04:02 PM
If versatility matters so much on defense, why doesn't that apply to offense? It's all about impact
Could you elaborate on that.

Heavincent
04-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Lebron is the best player in the game, but the members of the media have huge boners for him. It's nauseating.

leMVP
04-24-2013, 04:08 PM
He deserved more last year and didn't get it.

1987_Lakers
04-24-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm a big fan of James, but i'm not delusional. That's just terrible honestly. He was a good defender this year, desrves 1st team, but not 2nd in DPOY. If he'd been 4th or 5th I wouldn't have a problem with it.
:applause:

longtime lurker
04-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Lebron is the best player in the game, but the members of the media have huge boners for him. It's nauseating.

Is it any wonder two of the most diminished awards are voted by the media?

chazzy
04-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Could you elaborate on that.
People have argued for Melo being the best scorer for years because he scores in the most ways, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was the most effective at it

Mr. NBA
04-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Cant win DPOTY when you decide to guard the only best player on the other team for short stretches of a game. I don't blame him, because he is more valuable on the offensive end of the court anyway. The last wing player that won it was Ron Artest/ Metta, but he was a force on offense and defense that year. He always guarded the best player. Im glad they don't vote on statistics. The media actually got it right this year. Plus, you will never see Lebron defending someone like Hibbert, Duncan, Marc, Howard in the paint. He is versatile, but you cant hide him if he is actually defending a decent offensive post player. On the other hand, Marc can defend pick n rolls, and switch on the perimeter and still do a great job. This is also why Garnett, Noah is valuable defensively. The players that average the most blocks in the league are not always the best defense player ( Ibaka). Only casuals say Ibaka or Lebron deserve this award.

chosen_wun
04-24-2013, 04:26 PM
I think the all-defensive team selections are even more tragic.

Mr. NBA
04-24-2013, 04:30 PM
I think the all-defensive team selections are even more tragic.
NBA All Defense is voted by coaches is it not? That's why we all made a big deal last year about Chandler winning DPOTY. He ended up as a 2nd team NBA All Defense. If I would be much more honored if coaches voted me NBA All Defense

All Net
04-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Think he had a bigger case last year but he is still a top defender.

Lebron23
04-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Think he had a bigger case last year but he is still a top defender.

Tim Duncan and Joakim Noah deserves the NBA All Defensive Player of the Year Award.

pauk
04-24-2013, 04:45 PM
"Well, we cant give Lebron everything....? Lets at least give DPOY to somebody else, lets not be greedy now."

I personally never saw the defensive fuss with Marc Gasol.... he was NOT defensive player of the year.... there was no runaway DPOY this year, but i can tell you this... Noah, Lebron, Ibaka, Sanders and Duncan all were better defensively this year......

The day Marc Gasol wins the DPOY and/or is considered a better defender than Lebron, Noah, Sanders, Allen, Ibaka, Dwight is the day i officially dont give a damn about DPOY and officially treat this award simply as a big mans award..... you have to make miracles and be extremly lucky to win it as a perimeter player no matter how good you are....

Not even Scottie Pippen won the DPOY.... and he was the best perimeter defender ever and even arguably the greatest defensive player of all time...

Dave3
04-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Kobe's been last in MVP 16 years. Damn.

d.bball.guy
04-24-2013, 04:54 PM
:biggums: And Ibaka came in 3rd? :facepalm

pegasus
04-24-2013, 04:56 PM
"Well, we cant give Lebron everything....? Lets at least give DPOY to somebody else, lets not be greedy now."

I personally never saw the defensive fuss with Marc Gasol.... he was NOT defensive player of the year.... there was no runaway DPOY this year, but i can tell you this... Noah, Lebron, Ibaka, Sanders and Duncan all were better defensively this year......

The day Marc Gasol wins the DPOY and/or is considered a better defender than Lebron, Noah, Sanders, Allen, Ibaka, Dwight is the day i officially dont give a damn about DPOY and officially treat this award simply as a big mans award..... you have to make miracles and be extremly lucky to win it as a perimeter player no matter how good you are....

Not even Scottie Pippen won the DPOY.... and he was the best perimeter defender ever and even arguably the greatest defensive player of all time...

You are pathetic.

fpliii
04-24-2013, 04:57 PM

Just my opinion (but these are fairly common viewpoints):

pauk
04-24-2013, 04:59 PM
You are pathetic.

Oh get lost you troll already, you hate Lebron we get it..... we have been hearing it from you since 2006.... speaking of pathetic...

tazb
04-24-2013, 05:00 PM
He's been robbed for the past 3 years, nothing new here.

Graviton
04-24-2013, 05:00 PM

You are officially the biggest retard on this forum, congratulations. Not even all the hardcore trolls on this forum actually discredit a legit defender like Marc and say IBAKA WAS A BETTER ****ING DEFENDER.

You know nothing, just shut the **** up already. You don't watch OKC games, you don't watch any team outside Miami. How the **** would you know who is a better defender? And you don't even have the knowledge and IQ to recognize what's good defense and what's not. You continue to type cliche illogical bullshit that is straight from ESPN.

Ibaka better than Marc. :roll:

Lebron23
04-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Oh get lost you troll already, you hate Lebron we get it..... we have been hearing it from you since 2006.... get over it...

I hope the NBA bring back the hand check rule. The No Hand Check rule limits the defensive capabilities of these perimeter players. You cannot even keep you hand on an opponent. LeBron will win a DOPY if the league allows him to play some physical defense on his opponent.

Trollsmasher
04-24-2013, 05:07 PM

Ibaka:facepalm

pegasus
04-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Oh get lost you troll already, you hate Lebron we get it..... we have been hearing it from you since 2006.... speaking of pathetic...
What's pathetic is that you don't even watch any games, not even the Heat games. You just watch the "play-by-play" and draw your conclusions from that and the box score. And then you come here and write an essay on why Lebron wasn't voted DPOY when everyone is shocked that he even got the second place.

Jax
04-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Should've won it...

LongLiveTheKing
04-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Why do people say LeBron is overrated on defense he shut down Drose in 2011. He hed him to 6% shooting in the 4th. Lebrons defense is really good but most people choose not to notice.

TheCorporation
04-24-2013, 06:13 PM

Who else can guard all 5 positions?

Who can lock down Rose and Dwight? We should make a list.

Ready...Go.

SIRI1
04-24-2013, 06:16 PM
He finished 2nd, even though he was only on 47 of the 121 ballots. Shows how no one really stood out this year.

Solefade
04-24-2013, 06:16 PM
LeBron will lock you down/make you work hard when it matters the most. He did a fairly decent job on KD who was considered the best scorer last year and D. Rose before that but he's definitely coasted on defense this season simply because the Heat are just playing good team defense and doesn't need to try as hard individually.

As for Marc Gasol and people who don't understand how he won it, he's the anchor on the number 1 ranked defense in the NBA this season.

Rysio
04-24-2013, 06:41 PM
what a joke. :facepalm

gengiskhan
04-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Not bad son, not bad.

this is a reach!

LBJ should not even be in top 3 DPOY voting.

He only has 1.7 spg, one of the lowest of his career.

He plays good defense

but

come on. lets be serious.

a Runner-up DPOY!.

Especially after deliberately skipping 5-6 games of the season to REST HIMSELF

not even close.

Legends66NBA7
04-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Ibaka over Duncan and Sanders in the voting is an even bigger head scratch to me. I thought James was a better defender last season and thus had a better chance at winning the award then, not now.

DatAsh
04-24-2013, 08:45 PM

Gasol was an absolute beast of defender this season. I've got no problem with him winning it at all. He and Duncan were the best defenders in my eyes this year. Ibaka shouldn't really be on anyone's list, and although Lebron's been great(not as great as last year), I can't really place him any higher than about top 7.

Generally, it's been a big man's award because big men on average impact the game a lot more on that end.

I'm with you on Scottie - along with Rodman - being the best perimeter defender ever, but he has absolutely no case for greatest defender ever, literally none.

DatAsh
04-24-2013, 08:50 PM

There's always going to be disagreements concerning these sorts of things, it's just the nature of subjective awards. All NBA selections are probably even worse, and all star voting is often times comical. All things considered, I'd say the media/players have done a pretty decent job with MVP over the years.

fpliii
04-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Gasol was an absolute beast of defender this season. I've got no problem with him winning it at all. He and Duncan were the best defenders in my eyes this year. Ibaka shouldn't really be on anyone's list, and although Lebron's been great(not as great as last year), I can't really place him any higher than about top 7.

Generally, it's been a big man's award because big men on average impact the game a lot more on that end.

I'm with you on Scottie - along with Rodman - being the best perimeter defender ever, but he has absolutely no case for greatest defender ever, literally none.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8490738&postcount=59

I'm glad to see we see eye-to-eye, good stuff.

WWRWestbrookDo?
04-24-2013, 08:54 PM
if Noah wasn't hurt he probably would have got it.

Greg Oden 50
04-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Not bad son, not bad.

too high...............:rant

red1
04-24-2013, 10:55 PM
this is a weak year for defense. lebron 2nd? ibaka 3rd? what happened to the KGs and the duncans of the league

Greg Oden 50
04-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Why do people say LeBron is overrated on defense he shut down Drose in 2011. He hed him to 6% shooting in the 4th. Lebrons defense is really good but most people choose not to notice.

LeBron James need Wade's help for double D.Rose,and u call him shut down D.Rose :roll:

LeBron never shut down D.Rose by himself :no: It is D Rose shut himself down for his selfish plays :banana:

Greg Oden 50
04-24-2013, 10:59 PM
LeBron will lock you down/make you work hard when it matters the most. He did a fairly decent job on KD who was considered the best scorer last year and D. Rose before that but he's definitely coasted on defense this season simply because the Heat are just playing good team defense and doesn't need to try as hard individually.

As for Marc Gasol and people who don't understand how he won it, he's the anchor on the number 1 ranked defense in the NBA this season.

he did not shut down D Rose in 2011,KD scores avg 30 ppg against Heat in Finals last year ,and u said LeBron shut down him :facepalm

HarryCallahan
04-25-2013, 02:14 AM
Smh at the "He defends 5 positions" argument. Go on, put him on Lopez, Hibbert, Gortat, M.Gasol etc and watch what happens. He can defend pf's and some offensively incapable c's (reggie evans, perk etc.)

duatjsghd
04-25-2013, 02:16 AM

yeah number of blocks is the only indicator for defense
you are pretty good at analysis

Dave3
04-25-2013, 02:17 AM
Smh at the "He defends 5 positions" argument. Go on, put him on Lopez, Hibbert, Gortat, M.Gasol etc and watch what happens. He can defend pf's and some offensively incapable c's (reggie evans, perk etc.)
First example that popped in my head is earlier against the Jazz this year when he defended Al Jefferson during the 4th quarter single coverage. He won't shut down centers, but he works hard enough that he would slow them down. And in that game actually he did a great job on Al.

funnystuff
04-25-2013, 02:25 AM
Damn that means Kobe sucks.

Rose'sACL
04-25-2013, 02:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AV3O94yv4vc
i don't think he can guard centers like shaq or hakeem but if his team needs him to guard centers like pau or lopez, he would do a great job.

HarryCallahan
04-25-2013, 02:33 AM
First example that popped in my head is earlier against the Jazz this year when he defended Al Jefferson during the 4th quarter single coverage. He won't shut down centers, but he works hard enough that he would slow them down. And in that game actually he did a great job on Al.

I meant to say for an entire game. Point taken though.

HarryCallahan
04-25-2013, 02:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AV3O94yv4vc
i don't think he can guard centers like shaq or hakeem but if his team needs him to guard centers like pau or lopez, he would do a great job.

I'd say he could guard perimeter oriented bigs (pau, Dirk etc.) but not for a full game, and if it was for an entire game his offense would suffer too much to make it worthwhile.

luckylucy
04-25-2013, 02:50 AM
Why do people say LeBron is overrated on defense he shut down Drose in 2011. He hed him to 6% shooting in the 4th.

Come on, is LeBron going to have unlimited credit on defense just for those 12 minutes of play? It seems that the defense on DRose in 2011 is the only thing you bring up.

Greg Oden 50
04-25-2013, 07:44 AM
Come on, is LeBron going to have unlimited credit on defense just for those 12 minutes of play? It seems that the defense on DRose in 2011 is the only thing you bring up.

I'm laughed when they said LeBron shut down Rose by himself :roll:

dh144498
04-25-2013, 11:50 AM
LeBron has no case to be in the top 5, absolutely none

this. Lebron stans in this thread are actually trying to defend him winning DPOY, while in reality he doesn't even have a case for top 5. :lol :roll:

Solefade
04-25-2013, 12:29 PM
he did not shut down D Rose in 2011,KD scores avg 30 ppg against Heat in Finals last year ,and u said LeBron shut down him :facepalm

Where in that quote did I say he shut him down? He makes KD work harder for his points than anyone else in the NBA.

Graviton
04-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Where in that quote did I say he shut him down? He makes KD work harder for his points than anyone else in the NBA.
Durant averaged 31 points on 55% in the Finals, those were above his averages, how is that "making him work harder than anyone else"? :oldlol:

If by making him work you mean hacking him on game tying shots in the last possession of the game then I agree.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1188305/touch1_1.jpg

SilkkTheShocker
04-25-2013, 04:41 PM
http://s3.vidimg.popscreen.com/original/24/d2xSLUJHS2RzUHMx_o_kevin-durant-crying-he-is-a-great-player-althought-he-.jpg

Trollsmasher
04-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Durant averaged 31 points on 55% in the Finals, those were above his averages, how is that "making him work harder than anyone else"? :oldlol:

If by making him work you mean hacking him on game tying shots in the last possession of the game then I agree.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1188305/touch1_1.jpg
Well, not everyone was able to stay in the game with 8 fouls like Durant was either...

And you are also wrong

When LeBron guarded Durant, his TS% was 56,7%, by far the worst for Durant in that series out of anyone who was guarding him. He also forced him into the highest amount of turnovers.

f0und
04-25-2013, 05:18 PM
he's a good defender, but the media really does hype up his defense. for example, in the '11 season, the media loved talking about his blocks. would show it all the time. the chasedowns, the weaksides, etc. but hardly ever talked about wade's blocking prowess or showed it on highlights. bron averaged .6 blocks that year. wade averaged 1.1. if you listened to the media, youd think lebron was this inpenetrable blocking machine while wade fell in line with all other guards. fact is, wade was the only guard in the top 50 for blocks per game(i think somewhere around 15-20).

anyways, back to my point. lebron's defense has alot of hype behind it.