PDA

View Full Version : Wade tonight

iDunk
04-25-2013, 09:49 PM
4 points (1-12)
6 turnovers

Yeah, he had 9 rebounds & 11 assists but that doesn't make up for the horrific efficiency.

The Heat aren't winning a championship if Wade has these kind of games against better competition.

TheReal Kendall
04-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Pretty bad but he showed up on the other end and still helped the offense with 11 assists.

Mr. Jabbar
04-25-2013, 09:51 PM
4 points (1-12)
6 turnovers

Yeah, he had 9 rebounds & 11 assists but that doesn't make up for the horrific efficiency.

The Heat aren't winning a championship if Wade has these kind of games against better competition.

they dont need to worry about that until the finals, east is a complete joke.

PJR
04-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Worry about your own team, homeboy. Wade is a multiple champion. He'll be fine.

TheMarkMadsen
Doesn't matter when you have 3 other people on your team who can easily go for 20 a night.

Bosh, Allen & James is a scary trio in itself

longtime lurker
4 points (1-12)
6 turnovers

Overreaction thread. Watch him have bounce back game and drop 40. If these are series numbers then it's time to worry

#number6ix#
04-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Just a off night bro that's it... I hope

SilkkTheShocker
04-25-2013, 09:56 PM
I remember people pouring dirt on Wade earlier in the season. And than he went off on that win streak.

Hoopz2332
04-25-2013, 09:57 PM

Eastern teams give the heat more trouble than anyone they will see in the final from the West

LosScandalous
04-25-2013, 09:57 PM
Heat are underdogs now with their backs against the wall. Dwade is overrated and play like that won't work against any other team than the bucks.

SilkkTheShocker
04-25-2013, 09:58 PM

Honestly, they don't need to worry about it if OKC or Clippers make the Finals either. Thats not a shot at Wade. But a shot at how soft the Thunder and Clippers are.

SilkkTheShocker
04-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Heat are underdogs now with their backs against the wall. Dwade is overrated and play like that won't work against any other team than the bucks.

He played like crap against the Bulls in 2011 and the Heat won in 5 games.

SIRI1
04-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Nice to have Ray Allen off the bench to score 23 when one of your main guys is struggling with his shot.

Frozen1
04-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Yeah, the difference is that he can't shoot 25 times a night, so if he misses some shots early, certainly his FG% will go down. These 1/12 starts is what turns into those classic 6/24 kobe games.

Yeah, that's not an excuse, he was crap tonight, but at least he made contributions on assists, rebounds and steals, and wasn't a non factor in the game.

STATUTORY
04-25-2013, 10:00 PM
He played like crap against the Bulls in 2011 and the Heat won in 5 games.

I know u hate the knicks but they are more dangerous than the Bulls this year.

TonyMontana
04-25-2013, 10:01 PM
The Heat wouldn't even miss a beat if Wade was out with an injury. I've been saying it all year. Ray Allen/Shane Battier are both more crucial than Wade is at this point because they both spread the floor for LeBron to have the balls to make plays. Wades skillset isn't needed a lot of the time with LeBron out there and to be honest you dont even want him with the ball when you have LeBron. He is more of a luxury than anything else. Still love him though.

SilkkTheShocker
04-25-2013, 10:04 PM
I know u hate the knicks but they are more dangerous than the Bulls this year.

It is what is. There just isn't a team really in the NBA that I think can beat this current Miami team. Not trying to sound cocky, but just how I feel.

AintNoSunshine
04-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Dont' mean to disrespect Wade, but for those of you (agenda driven kobe stans aside) who think he's top whatever in the league, I highly doubt his ability to lead a team as the first option.

Too many off nights, too inconsistent. Lebron being on the team really covers his inability to perform on a nightly basis.

SilkkTheShocker
04-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Dont' mean to disrespect Wade, but for those of you (agenda driven kobe stans aside) who think he's top whatever in the league, I highly doubt his ability to lead a team as the first option.

Too many off nights, too inconsistent. Lebron being on the team really covers his inability to perform on a nightly basis.

Wade can still play at a top level imo. The problem is his body holding up in the regular and postseason. You really don't want to ask to anymore heavy lifting than he has to.

red1
04-25-2013, 10:12 PM

wade has also sacrificed for lebron. if you are always the first option it allows you to be in a better rythm throughout the course of the game

red1
Wade can still play at a top level imo. The problem is his body holding up in the regular and postseason. You really don't want to ask to anymore heavy lifting than he has to.
this is what it really comes down to

AintNoSunshine

no doubt, he will have some big games here and there. But the problem is he's really inconsistent now. And he can't seem to become healthy anymore.

SilkkTheShocker
04-25-2013, 10:14 PM
no doubt, he will have some big games here and there. But the problem is he's really inconsistent now. And he can't seem to become healthy anymore.

Agreed. His jumpshot has been regressing since the 09-10 season. There was a point where he was close to automatic from midrange. The year after they won the Finals, he was playing arguably his best basketball until the shoulder injury :facepalm

Micku
04-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Meh. We'll see how he does later. But he did have an off game tonight, but he did other stuff to make up for it.

GrapeApe
04-25-2013, 10:17 PM

You don't avg 21/5/5 on 52% having many off nights or being inconsistent. After his slow start this season he was a model of consistency. He had a tough shooting night, but he'll bounce back as all great players do.

aj1987
04-25-2013, 10:25 PM
The Heat wouldn't even miss a beat if Wade was out with an injury. I've been saying it all year. Ray Allen/Shane Battier are both more crucial than Wade is at this point because they both spread the floor for LeBron to have the balls to make plays. Wades skillset isn't needed a lot of the time with LeBron out there and to be honest you dont even want him with the ball when you have LeBron. He is more of a luxury than anything else. Still love him though.
Are you kidding me? Ray Allen and Shane Battier together don't/can't average what Wade is averaging. Ray Allen is also a liability on defense. Besides, who QB's the team when Lebron rests for those ~10 minutes? Without Wade, it'd be like Lebron was back in Cleveland. A bunch of shooters around him, without a reliable partner to take care of the scoring load or to help take the pressure off him.

One bad game and you guy are talking about him like as if he can't play anymore. Over reaction much? 21/5/5/2/1 on 52%.

TonyMontana
04-25-2013, 10:39 PM
Are you kidding me? Ray Allen and Shane Battier together don't/can't average what Wade is averaging. Ray Allen is also a liability on defense. Besides, who QB's the team when Lebron rests for those ~10 minutes? Without Wade, it'd be like Lebron was back in Cleveland. A bunch of shooters around him, without a reliable partner to take care of the scoring load or to help take the pressure off him.

One bad game and you guy are talking about him like as if he can't play anymore. Over reaction much? 21/5/5/2/1 on 52%.

I value Ray Allens/Shane Battier elite shooting over Wades all around game offensively. Wade is a great player when your playing bad teams where you can run all over them and dominate with dunks/layups, but Ray Allen is more helpful in the halfcourt game which is what it will come down to vs quality defenses. This year Wade has been terrible in the halfcourt setting. Just look at the majority of his games vs Boston/Chicago teams that have real defensive systems installed. His overall stats are more of a testament to the Heats ability to get up and down generating tons of easy points.

Wade QBing the team? Did you even watch the game tonight? Wade was QBing the team at the end and it was a ****ing embarrassment. Spo had to call a timeout just to get his ass out of there and sub Chalmers in. For THIS heat team Chalmers/Cole are the ones to "QB" the team when LeBron goes to the bench and they have done a solid job at this role.

Wade is a luxury to this team. Great to have, but if hes out you will still be able to play your game without any problems. If he is QBing your team there is going to be a ton of turnovers and bad offense all around.

Graviton
04-25-2013, 11:00 PM
I value Ray Allens/Shane Battier elite shooting over Wades all around game offensively. Wade is a great player when your playing bad teams where you can run all over them and dominate with dunks/layups, but Ray Allen is more helpful in the halfcourt game which is what it will come down to vs quality defenses. This year Wade has been terrible in the halfcourt setting. Just look at the majority of his games vs Boston/Chicago teams that have real defensive systems installed. His overall stats are more of a testament to the Heats ability to get up and down generating tons of easy points.

Wade QBing the team? Did you even watch the game tonight? Wade was QBing the team at the end and it was a ****ing embarrassment. Spo had to call a timeout just to get his ass out of there and sub Chalmers in. For THIS heat team Chalmers/Cole are the ones to "QB" the team when LeBron goes to the bench and they have done a solid job at this role.

Wade is a luxury to this team. Great to have, but if hes out you will still be able to play your game without any problems. If he is QBing your team there is going to be a ton of turnovers and bad offense all around.
Spot on, this isn't 2011 or even 2012 Heat team that relied on ISOs or Lebron/Wade to dominate the ball. Their halfcourt offense and ball movement is miles better, they keep swinging the ball around until they find an open 3 or a wide open dunk. No matter who it is they trust each other and continue to move the ball around for the best shot possible. With Lebron in there playing PG, 2-3 three point shooters and Bosh standing at mid range with his deadly jumper the opposing team has no chance to contain them all.

It's beautiful to watch.

aj1987
04-25-2013, 11:03 PM
22/3/4/2 on 64%
17/8/5/2 on 53%
18/7/2/4 on 54%
22/4/4/4 on 58%
Those are his stats against Chicago this season. I would say that they're pretty impressive. Against, the best defensive team in the NBA, after he fully healed up, he put up 22/4/8/3 on 56%.
Against Indiana?
23/2/3/6 on 56%
17/6/5/4 on 44%
30/5/3/1 on 56%
I would say that he played brilliantly against the elite defenses this year, although he did suck against Boston.

LOL! Is this the first Heat game that you watched this season? And no, I wasn't talking about any one particular game. Cole and Chalmers are the definition of inconsistency. Ask any Heat fan and they'll tell you how those guys make you want to pull your hair out with their bone headed plays. And did he not get 9 rebounds, 11 assists and 5 steals today? If he just shot well, he would have had an amazing game. Still not a bad game. Just an average one.

Wade is a luxury to this team. Great to have, but if hes out you will still be able to play your game without any problems.
Who is going to score his 21 points on 52%, grab his 5 rebounds, get his 5 assists and steal twice? Most importantly, who is going to guard the SG position? Ray Allen SUCKS as a defender. Although Wade slacks of on the defensive end a bit, he is one of the best crunch time defenders and has been one his entire career. Would you want Ray Allen on the opposing team's better players with the clock winding down in a close game?

HomieWeMajor
04-25-2013, 11:03 PM
Wade will score 40 points next game
Book it.

iDunk
04-25-2013, 11:26 PM
I bet that Wade won't even have a 40 point game in these playoffs.

Dresta
04-25-2013, 11:32 PM

Wade is a luxury to this team. Great to have, but if hes out you will still be able to play your game without any problems. If he is QBing your team there is going to be a ton of turnovers and bad offense all around.This might be the biggest load of shit i've ever read. All it takes is one look at the game logs to know you're completely full of shit.

PJR
04-25-2013, 11:37 PM
This might be the biggest load of shit i've ever read. All it takes is one look at the game logs to know you're completely full of shit.

Indeed. Dudes love to spew nonsense when the opportunity presents itself on here.

francesco totti
04-25-2013, 11:57 PM
lebron scored 17 last game
wade 4 this game

ray allen scored 20 last game, 23 this game. he has been a big addition.and this year heat team is better then last year. it shows how good of a team the heat are when wade lebron score little and still manage to get the win by a double digit.

jzek
04-26-2013, 12:11 AM
Very very very lucky LBJ joined him. He should double as a player agent.

TheNaturalWR
04-26-2013, 02:10 AM
wade has also sacrificed for lebron. if you are always the first option it allows you to be in a better rythm throughout the course of the game

This x100. It's hard to get into the groove when you have the arguably the most ball-dominant player in NBA history on your team. Wade was getting into the lane, just missed some easy looks he usually makes today.

plowking
04-26-2013, 02:26 AM
This x100. It's hard to get into the groove when you have the arguably the most ball-dominant player in NBA history on your team. Wade was getting into the lane, just missed some easy looks he usually makes today.

People really need to cut that ball dominant shit out. Has anyone watched Bron since he came to the Heat? He doesn't handle the ball nearly as much as other players in the league. You have guys like Jennings, Paul, Monta, etc who all love to hold it for nearly the whole possession.

Kurosawa0
04-26-2013, 02:26 AM
lebron scored 17 last game
wade 4 this game

ray allen scored 20 last game, 23 this game. he has been a big addition.and this year heat team is better then last year. it shows how good of a team the heat are when wade lebron score little and still manage to get the win by a double digit.

There's no question that they're better this year. I mean, with Cole, Allen, Battier and Birdman they actually have a bench. Last year it consisted of a rookie Cole, Battier and an old-man version of Mike Miller.

Whether or not Miami is good enough to win it this year has yet to be proven, but the 2013 version of the team is definitely better than the 2012 one.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-26-2013, 02:32 AM
Crazy and hes playing against Jennings and Monta with the defensive attention on Lebron and Bosh:roll: :roll: :roll:
He will prolly only score 30 once or twice when Lebron chokes a couple. Its embarassing and downright insulting that ppl think Wade is better than CP3 or Kobe this year

Solefade
04-26-2013, 02:48 AM
Book it.

Wade's not going to score 40, these games aren't big enough and they know this series is done.

Battier and Allen are valuable to the team but in no way are they more valuable than Wade even on an off night. Defenders will cheat off Battier and Allen but they're not going to cheat off Wade and he's probably one of the best off the ball players aside from LeBron.

All Net
04-26-2013, 03:26 AM
He had an off night it happens but they still won by 13...hardly an issue if you ask me. Not with how good Birdman and Cole have been.

Crafty
04-26-2013, 03:33 AM
Off night. It happened before. He'll drop 40 next game and sweep the Bucks

Kingwillball
04-26-2013, 04:44 AM
Book it.

Nope.. First off wont need to but secondly he hasn't scored 40 all season even when he was hot for that stretch. U better not count on Wade to have off games and if He does Allen or Battier may step up or Birdman or Chalmers or even Norris Cole. Plus Bosh is good for 15-20 most nights. What makes this team so darn good.

Kingwillball
04-26-2013, 04:46 AM
There's no question that they're better this year. I mean, with Cole, Allen, Battier and Birdman they actually have a bench. Last year it consisted of a rookie Cole, Battier and an old-man version of Mike Miller.

Whether or not Miami is good enough to win it this year has yet to be proven, but the 2013 version of the team is definitely better than the 2012 one.

I said this a couple weeks ago this team has the POTENTIAL to be one of the all time great teams.

SwayDizzle
04-26-2013, 04:50 AM
Eastern teams give the heat more trouble than anyone they will see in the final from the West
I'm going to have to agree with this. The Pacers and the Knicks this year could get the job done. The West has been plagued with injuries.

All Net
04-26-2013, 05:25 AM
I'm going to have to agree with this. The Pacers and the Knicks this year could get the job done. The West has been plagued with injuries.
If Knicks get hot from three and Melo has a historic series NY can give Miami problems...but Miami will always have 3 of the best 4 players in that series so the Knicks role players would need to be on fire. Indy have the size but their lack of offense would hurt them.

Hoopz2332
04-26-2013, 05:59 AM
See, the advantages that these Eastern teams have on the West is that they player tougher defense and muck up the game until they kill the pace and make it ugly. This is why the games between the heat and Bucks look "ugly" eventhough the heat are dominating them in the end. Western teams like that free flowing style which basically plays right into Miami's transition game which noone will outdo them in as long as Lberon is playing. Wade struggles more against these "muck it up" type teams.

SilkkTheShocker
04-26-2013, 07:41 AM

An injured Heat team destroyed the best team in the West last season.

Nash
04-26-2013, 08:31 AM
If Heat could get 15 ppg from Wade every night they'd still be champions. They got Lebron ffs.

STATUTORY
04-26-2013, 09:16 AM
See, the advantages that these Eastern teams have on the West is that they player tougher defense and muck up the game until they kill the pace and make it ugly. This is why the games between the heat and Bucks look "ugly" eventhough the heat are dominating them in the end. Western teams like that free flowing style which basically plays right into Miami's transition game which noone will outdo them in as long as Lberon is playing. Wade struggles more against these "muck it up" type teams.

it is interesting how these styles of play tend to persist within conferences and geographical locations for long stretches of time. this has pretty much been the divide since Showtime and bad boy pistons days

Akhenaten
04-26-2013, 09:44 AM

Which is why I would love to see inter-conference playoff matchups as I believe the West is overall better than the East is not nearly as disparate as people suggest.

Regular season basketball favours the West's style, attrition and fatigue are much bigger factors in the East. The East always has the majority of the injuries, you get banged around in the East.

Playing in the West as a individual scorer is also easier in my opinion in terms of putting up numbers. Look at a guy like Iverson who in a couple seasons in his prime couldn't crack 40% FG. He goes to the West at the tailend of his prime and posts 27 ppg on 46%.

aburre21
04-26-2013, 09:57 AM

did any of you idiots watch that game last night? because for long stretches of that game LeBron wasn't even trying to score at all which was the most frustrating part of watching the game because he's the only one that had it going. Lebron has only taken more shots than Wade in 1 game

chosen_wun
04-26-2013, 10:05 AM
did any of you idiots watch that game last night? because for long stretches of that game LeBron wasn't even trying to score at all which was the most frustrating part of watching the game because he's the only one that had it going. Lebron has only taken more shots than Wade in 1 game
In the end he did the right thing because if he tries to take it upon himself to do everything then the other guys will start to lose confidence. You gotta admire how he still looked to get guys open shots even after they bricked open look after open look, eventually they started hitting them and they game blew open.

livinglegend
04-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Wade hasnt looked good in the first 3 games of the playoffs. Most of his points came from easy cuts to the basket. He hasnt gotten to the paint like he used in the regular season and i think he has missed all of his jump shots. His knee doesnt seem right.

Akhenaten
04-26-2013, 11:06 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3440489/sit-your-dumb-ass-down-o.gif

BBallZen83
04-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Wade has been less than spectacular the whole series so far, especially last nights game. Bosh has struggled too. If they don't step it up they will definitely have problems in the ECF, im sure they will though. Wade ebbs and flows alot.

SilkkTheShocker
04-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Wade has been less than spectacular the whole series so far, especially last nights game. Bosh has struggled too. If they don't step it up they will definitely have problems in the ECF, im sure they will though. Wade ebbs and flows alot.

Birdman was arguably Miami's most important player after LBJ. Great pickup by Riley :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

BBallZen83
04-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Birdman was arguably Miami's most important player after LBJ. Great pickup by Riley :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I couldn't agree more! Birdman has been fkn rad. He has been everything the heat need in all the weak areas. I have found myself doing the bird on more than one occasion during these playoffs.

Mass Debator
04-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Wade hasnt looked good in the first 3 games of the playoffs. Most of his points came from easy cuts to the basket. He hasnt gotten to the paint like he used in the regular season and i think he has missed all of his jump shots. His knee doesnt seem right.
Yeah, he's definitely not getting that lift in his jump shot like he did in Jan/Feb. I figure it's the knee and Spo should limit his minutes in favor of the upcoming rounds.

I disagree about Wade not looking good though. He's been good until last night. Not particularly great, but good enough. I actually liked the Wade last night too. Putting effort in everything he did...shots just weren't falling. Forcing the issue when he should just rise up for a jump shot or do a floater. Those offensive boards and steals gave off a good vibe for his teammates. I expect a better Wade Sunday.

AlphaWolf24
04-26-2013, 11:54 AM
- Honestly Miami doesn't really need Wade's offense....

- They have Lebron ( who can break down the defense and find the open man/ post up and score) and a bunch of great perimeter sghooters.

- Wade just needs to play great defense and Miami wins easily.

Mass Debator
04-26-2013, 12:10 PM
- Honestly Miami doesn't really need Wade's offense....

- They have Lebron ( who can break down the defense and find the open man/ post up and score) and a bunch of great perimeter sghooters.

- Wade just needs to play great defense and Miami wins easily.
Actually, they need Wade if they ever face a team that utilizes zone defense with great defenders. Bosh too. Luckily, the Thunder refused to play it last year in the finals. I can see the Knicks using from time to time, and I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron gets passive during those moments.

Lebron and Wade are best when together on defense though. Getting into transition together is where they'll beat teams. Their 3-point shooting squad is just a very very nice luxury, but defense is key because there will be lots of cold shooting games.

Hoopz2332
04-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Which is why I would love to see inter-conference playoff matchups as I believe the West is overall better than the East is not nearly as disparate as people suggest.

Regular season basketball favours the West's style, attrition and fatigue are much bigger factors in the East. The East always has the majority of the injuries, you get banged around in the East.

Playing in the West as a individual scorer is also easier in my opinion in terms of putting up numbers. Look at a guy like Iverson who in a couple seasons in his prime couldn't crack 40% FG. He goes to the West at the tailend of his prime and posts 27 ppg on 46%.

Exactly:applause:

Soundwave
04-26-2013, 06:00 PM
It happens, the Heat are built so that they can still win if 1 or even 2 of the big 3 have off nights in the playoffs.