PDA

View Full Version : Off season moves

Robster89
04-26-2013, 09:36 PM
What's up guys?
Haven't been in for a while, thought I'd stir the pot a little.

These are 2 realistic options I see for this offseason, and beyond.
Love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

1. Fire MDA. Offer Phil an ownership stake to return for 2 years as coach, then allow him to handpick his successor, and PJ moves into a front office role. Now that Brown has signed, this is realistic. Also, for those who say the Buss family would never give up an ownership stake, I say this. 98% of the franchise value with PJ as a part owner is much greater than 100% of the value with PJ part owner of a competing franchise.

2. Sign Dwight (max) and Clark along the lines of the deal Hill got. 2 years 7 mil.

3.Trade Pau Gasol to Indiana for Granger, Hansborough, Green and a first rounder.

Indiana- Makes sense for them. Granger missed the whole year and they have Paul George. Hansborough and Green and marginal role players for them. A Gasol/Hibbert front line (possibly with West back as well), gives them one of the best front courts in the NBA. They need an inside scorer to compete with the Heat. Their first rounder is late and not that valuable to them. Their core is George, Hill and Hibbert, which remains intact.

Lakers- Granger gives us a much quicker 3, which we desperately need. We can amnesty MWP (I love his heart, but he is a liability out there. He is too slow and flat footed to play the 3). Hansborough can split time at the 4 with Clark and Hill. Green would be a valuable bench scorer, and may need to start until Kobe returns. This deal would make a lot of financial sense as well, as it maintains cap space for 2014 and 2015. (Granger and Hansbourough have expiring deals.)

4. Sign Chase Budinger with the MMLE

5. Draft Michael Carter Williams with the pick (may need to find a way to move up, as he is projected 10-20.) I see him as an excellent potential triangle PG, and he could tutor under Nash, Kobe and Phil.

2013-2014 team
1. Nash, Blake Carter/Williams
2. Kobe, Green, Meeks
3. Granger, Budinger
4. Clark, Hansborough
5. Dwight, Hill

2014 offseason- Cap Space- Resign Granger (or sign Ariza for MLE money), resign Hill. I believe Kobe will return and I do not see Bron leaving the heat.

2015 offseason- Cap Space galore as Nash expires. Sign Kevin Love
2015 Lakers:

1. Carter/Williams
2. Kobe, Green or another good player should Kobe hang em up.
3. Granger or Ariza, Budinger
4. KLove, Clark
5. Dwight, Hill

My second Option would be to trade Gasol to Washington for Okafor, Ariza and a first rounder, and draft Carter/Williams.
This would give the Wiz a Nene/Gasol front court, to go with Wall, Beale and Webster. Pretty nice starting unit. Probably a playoff team in the East. It would also save them about 3 mil (and they are already over the cap for next season).

For the Lakers, we get Ariza, the 3 we need. Okafor would back up Dwight and his deal expires.
Same long term plan as above.

I see Love as the target, in 2015. He will definitely leave Minny, and he would definitely come here if we can offer him a max. And he'd fit so nicely next to Dwight, a dream FC. KLove was born to be a Laker.
:pimp:

DKLaker
04-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Robster89 you are on the money, I agree with everything except Metta, he will be an expirer so he has trade value, it would really be dumb to amnesty him and still have to pay every penny when we could trade him and be 100% free of any liability.......YES there will be teams who want him.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-27-2013, 03:16 AM
Trade pau for some young bucks

Trade nash for k lowry.. He will b cash cow for raps....

Trade mwp for anything...

Dump blake for 1/2rounder if any

Cut ebanks/sacre....

Oh most important part....fire the coach on Monday morning now that mike brown has a job & this loser will get a job somewhere so we dont have to pay his salary...

Phil aint coming back.... Get a coach who brings the most out of his guys...

Jvg...or some new guy....no other name comes to my mind...

I personally dont like sloan or nate mcmilan...

They wont bring back shaw...

Also i m not so sure about building around howard... Dude just has no post moves

DKLaker
04-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Trade pau for some young bucks

Trade nash for k lowry.. He will b cash cow for raps....

Trade mwp for anything...

Dump blake for 1/2rounder if any

Cut ebanks/sacre....

Oh most important part....fire the coach on Monday morning now that mike brown has a job & this loser will get a job somewhere so we dont have to pay his salary...

Phil aint coming back.... Get a coach who brings the most out of his guys...

Jvg...or some new guy....no other name comes to my mind...

I personally dont like sloan or nate mcmilan...

They wont bring back shaw...

Also i m not so sure about building around howard... Dude just has no post moves

Oh please let them fire 'Antoni immediately!!!!!!
It would be like Christmas for me.....it does scare me that they actually interviewed Dunleavy before hiring 'Antoni......so we may get another bad coach.......Jimmy is a @#%$%^.

Why do you think we could get anything or Nash? Toronto is not that desperate for marketing gimmicks.

Yeah, time for Metta to go.....maybe the ex Laker stealing Clippers will want him....lol.

Looks like McMillan is going to Detroit......at this point I would take him, he's not a fav of mine. What do you have against Sloan?

Yeah, no Shaw please, nice guy, but NO.....same or worse with Rambis.

Howard does have post moves now but has a coach who HATES the post game.....so what would you expect? We have to keep Dwight.

Mgamer20o0
04-27-2013, 01:56 PM
if they get a new coach please make it 1 year guaranteed 3 years options. more so if its bone head option again.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-27-2013, 02:22 PM
:wtf:
Oh please let them fire 'Antoni immediately!!!!!!
It would be like Christmas for me.....it does scare me that they actually interviewed Dunleavy before hiring 'Antoni......so we may get another bad coach.......Jimmy is a @#%$%^.

Why do you think we could get anything or Nash? Toronto is not that desperate for marketing gimmicks.

Yeah, time for Metta to go.....maybe the ex Laker stealing Clippers will want him....lol.

Looks like McMillan is going to Detroit......at this point I would take him, he's not a fav of mine. What do you have against Sloan?

Yeah, no Shaw please, nice guy, but NO.....same or worse with Rambis.

Howard does have post moves now but has a coach who HATES the post game.....so what would you expect? We have to keep Dwight.

My fear is idiot jim buss would hire another stupid coach after letting this 1 go

Buy i think with jerry on last breath they wanted to appease him with showtime...so the mike d hire...

Raps r desperate for both marketing & to get in playoffs... When was the last time they were in and did anything meaningful? They were desperate to sign nash last yr and will be ok to get him this yr ... Thats what i m thinking..

Adelmam if he wants to coach again...

But 1 thing set in stone is .... Pau will go... To save major $$$

Blake with his recent might fetch the lakers cap relief + draft pick... He will be in his last yr too...

L.A. Jazz
04-27-2013, 02:59 PM
i hope for another big win for the spurs and a sweep, because this Lakers cant win. And another blow out will help the managment to make big changes.

My hopes:
1. dont sign DH. he isnt in the class of KAJ, Magic, Shaq and Kobe. In LA you need in all and he isnt a great player on O. he isnt the answer when Kobe retires.
2. trade MWP
3. trade Pau
4. keep Hill, Clark, Ebanks, and Goudelock and give them some playing time
5. get faster from 1-3 and bring in one scoring big who doesnt hurt you on D as much as Pau

Robster89
04-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Robster89 you are on the money, I agree with everything except Metta, he will be an expirer so he has trade value, it would really be dumb to amnesty him and still have to pay every penny when we could trade him and be 100% free of any liability.......YES there will be teams who want him.

How are you doing DK?
I think you're probably right on the Metta deal. If you are going to pay him, you may as well get something from him, and he still has talent. I just think we need to move on to a younger, quicker and more athletic SF. But Metta could be useful off the bench. I think he could give us minutes at both SF and PF. His best games this year came at the 4, and if we trade Pau we will be a little thin there. And never a bad thing to have him come off the bench and get physical with the likes of Bron, KD etc.

I know we are on the same page on MDA. Please fire him!

Saw these as 2 separate rumors, but this would actually work as a 3 team trade:

Lakers send Nash to Indiana for Granger
Lakers send Gasol to Boston for Rondo.

Indiana wants to move Granger. He makes 14 mil and is now 30, and George is their SF for the future. Nash gives them a PG, allowing them to move Hill to the 2, though Hill would still get a lot of PT at the 1 too.
I don't think they will get many good offers for Granger, and Nash would certainly contribute there.

Boston moves Rondo and his tude issues, and get a big who can score. It would mean 1 more year with the old guard, but allow them to keep Pierce next season, avoiding a potentially harmful PR move should they let him walk. Then, Pierce, KG and Gasol all come off the books next season, so they would have like 40 mil in cap space next offseason. Again, an excellent PR move. Bradley has certainly proves he can play, making Rondo movable.

We would get a young PG who can defend (imagine that).
Granger gives us a younger and more athletic 3. It seems like PG and SF have been a weakness for soooooo long for us.
Starting 5
PG- Rondo, Blake
SG- Kobe, Meeks
SF- Granger, MWP
PF- Clark, Hill, MWP
C- Dwight, Hill

It would still put us in a good position cap wise in 2014 and 2015.
I think Love is a legit target for us in 2015.

2015 Lakers
PG- Rondo, Hinrich (you know I've always loved him as a role player for us)
SG- Kobe (back on an MLE), solid reserve/draft pick
SF- Granger or Ariza at MLE money, Budinger
PF- Love, Clark
C- Dwight, Hill

Coached by PJ!

DKLaker
04-27-2013, 07:44 PM
if they get a new coach please make it 1 year guaranteed 3 years options. more so if its bone head option again.

:applause: :cheers: :applause:

DKLaker
04-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Hey Robster89, I'm doing great thank you.
Man, you are bringing your "A" game to this thread, extremely solid stuff :applause: You should post more often!!!

I think we should kick out Jimmy Buss and let you run this thing.
I would be very happy with the changes you mentioned. Granger has always been a fav of mine, I actually wanted the Lakers to draft him instead of Bynum.

Don't forget, we got the Mini-Mamba back in the fold.......I have always liked his game and took tons of heat that he didn't belong in the NBA. I think he has proved me right by winning D-League MVP and then scoring 20 against the Spurs, he'll be solid of the bench going forward next year.

We need to get more shooters!!!

All this talk is tough because everything depends on who is coaching and what style of game they want. If we still have 'Antoni we may as well bring back Smush Parker and Kwame for the bad results we'd get anyway :facepalm

Robster89
04-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Hey Robster89, I'm doing great thank you.
Man, you are bringing your "A" game to this thread, extremely solid stuff :applause: You should post more often!!!

I think we should kick out Jimmy Buss and let you run this thing.
I would be very happy with the changes you mentioned. Granger has always been a fav of mine, I actually wanted the Lakers to draft him instead of Bynum.

Don't forget, we got the Mini-Mamba back in the fold.......I have always liked his game and took tons of heat that he didn't belong in the NBA. I think he has proved me right by winning D-League MVP and then scoring 20 against the Spurs, he'll be solid of the bench going forward next year.

We need to get more shooters!!!

All this talk is tough because everything depends on who is coaching and what style of game they want. If we still have 'Antoni we may as well bring back Smush Parker and Kwame for the bad results we'd get anyway :facepalm

Thanks brother, I appreciate that. My knowledge pales compared to yours though.

I know these trade discussions are highly unlikely to happen, but if you watched the Hawks/Pacer game today, Indiana's main flaw was really exposed: They lack a PG who can set up easy baskets for his teammates. Hill is not a true PG. Great player, and he will certainly get a lot of PT at the 1, but he is best utilized as a scorer. Acquiring Nash would actually make some sense for them. They could start Nash at PG and Hill at the 2, then move Hill over to point and bring in Stevenson at the 2 for defense. With a shot blocker like Hibbert in the paint the could get away with it on a limited basis.

I've always liked Granger too. With his injury, his value is very low, so who knows, maybe they'd do it. Then Pau for Rondo. Huge difference defensively for us. Nash and MWP are so slow, it's like their feet are nailed to the floor. Imagine defenders like Rondo, Kobe and Granger on the perimeter, with shot blockers like Dwight and Clark in the paint. We would be long, athletic and very fast. Big change from our team now. And it would still preserve the cap space plan.

:cheers:
Here's hoping!

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-27-2013, 11:17 PM

i agree but they need some athletes running wild on the floor...who can defend...and hit open J's

some upcoming players....

BallsOut
04-28-2013, 02:45 PM
I think one of two things will happen. Howard is going to walk or Gasol is going to be traded. Here's my take on both scenarios:

1) If Howard walks,

a) Retain Gasol (really the best post big man in the game still, offensively)
b) Resign Clark to a similar deal the Jordan Hill currently has as OP stated, he deserves it. He should get the starter PF role on this team.
c) Trade Metta World Peace or hopefully he opts out of his contract. Waive Jodie Meeks
d) Don't resign Morris, Sacre or Johnson-odom
e) Resign Goudelock, Ebanks and Antawn Jamison
f) Trade Meeks and Duhon to Golden State for Brandon Rush
g) Sign Trevor Ariza using mini MLE, Elton Brand and Chris Douglas Roberts with vet mins

PG: Nash | Blake | Goudelock
SG: Bryant | Goudelock | CDR
SF: Ariza | Rush | CDR
PF: Clark | Jamison | Brand
C: Gasol | Hill | Brand

2) If Howard doesn't walk,

a) Trade Gasol to the Celtics for KG and Courtney Lee and fill out the roster the way I described in option 1)

SG: Bryant | Lee | Goudelock
SF: Clark | Rush or Ariza | CDR
PF: KG | Jamison | Brand
C: Howard | Hill | Brand

Personally I prefer option 2) as this probably the best defensive lineup in the game even with Nash, but I have a hard time seeing Boston making this trade. They would save 24 mill though and become a lottery team. Kobe is going to have to recruit KG real hard.

Oh and I forgot, if Kobe's not good to go by December, there's always option 3) just tank as hard as possible for Wiggins 2014 :rockon:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-28-2013, 11:33 PM
I think one of two things will happen. Howard is going to walk or Gasol is going to be traded. Here's my take on both scenarios:

1) If Howard walks,

a) Retain Gasol (really the best post big man in the game still, offensively)
b) Resign Clark to a similar deal the Jordan Hill currently has as OP stated, he deserves it. He should get the starter PF role on this team.
c) Trade Metta World Peace or hopefully he opts out of his contract. Waive Jodie Meeks
d) Don't resign Morris, Sacre or Johnson-odom
e) Resign Goudelock, Ebanks and Antawn Jamison
g) Sign Trevor Ariza using mini MLE, Elton Brand and Chris Douglas Roberts with vet mins

SG: Bryant | Goudelock | CDR
SF: Ariza | Rush | CDR
PF: Clark | Jamison | Brand
C: Gasol | Hill | Brand

2) If Howard doesn't walk,

a) Trade Gasol to the Celtics for KG and Courtney Lee and fill out the roster the way I described in option 1)

SG: Bryant | Lee | Goudelock
SF: Clark | Rush or Ariza | CDR
PF: KG | Jamison | Brand
C: Howard | Hill | Brand

Personally I prefer option 2) as this probably the best defensive lineup in the game even with Nash, but I have a hard time seeing Boston making this trade. They would save 24 mill though and become a lottery team. Kobe is going to have to recruit KG real hard.

Oh and I forgot, if Kobe's not good to go by December, there's always option 3) just tank as hard as possible for Wiggins 2014 :rockon:

1st KG is retiring after this season....

2nd ebanks didnt play when the lakers have only 8 players today...why do you want to sign him back is beyond me

3rd GSW is just not going to give you B Rush for the crap you mentioned above...

4th Ariza is not opting out of that contract to sign for mini mle...he will get paid min 7mil next year....

5th bran is trash and old...1 thing i learn from this yr is sign young guys..not pathetic 40yr old pg's

6th forget about CDR...dont know the infatuation with this guy...was picked up this yr after we dropped him...and then dropped...so he is nothing special

7th....courtney lee is ok....avg player nothing to trade him for...
8th they have invested in morris...keep him instead try to trade blake

DKLaker
04-28-2013, 11:50 PM
Balls Out, Meeks is a team option player, if we don't want him we can just walk away.......that being said, it would be a very dumb thing to do since we only have to pay him 1.5 million next season. I would think you agree he's worth that small amount.

I'm huge on getting a new coach, I am not huge on just dumping Pau for nothing....KG and Courtney Lee...:facepalm :facepalm :no:
KG will turn 38 during the playoffs next year = Likely injury season = Malone = Nash. Haven't we learned anything?????
Courtney Lee has 3 seasons left on his contract at $5.5 million per = no thanks.

Truth be told an intelligent coach would kill the league with 2 bigs like Pau and Dwight....they would be unstoppable if used properly.
Lets see if dumb@ss Buss fires and gets an intelligent coach before thinking moves.

Don't resign Morris, Sacre or Johnson-odom???? Why...they make as much as Kobe's shoelaces combined.

f & g......Good if we could actually pull it off.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Balls Out, Meeks is a team option player, if we don't want him we can just walk away.......that being said, it would be a very dumb thing to do since we only have to pay him 1.5 million next season. I would think you agree he's worth that small amount.

I'm huge on getting a new coach, I am not huge on just dumping Pau for nothing....KG and Courtney Lee...:facepalm :facepalm :no:
KG will turn 38 during the playoffs next year = Likely injury season = Malone = Nash. Haven't we learned anything?????
Courtney Lee has 3 seasons left on his contract at $5.5 million per = no thanks.

Truth be told an intelligent coach would kill the league with 2 bigs like Pau and Dwight....they would be unstoppable if used properly.
Lets see if dumb@ss Buss fires and gets an intelligent coach before thinking moves.

Don't resign Morris, Sacre or Johnson-odom???? Why...they make as much as Kobe's shoelaces combined.

no idea why Ariza will leave 7.2 mil and sign for 3mil ???

BallsOut
04-29-2013, 01:29 AM

Let's face it Mike isn't going anywhere, Mitch already stated that. They should just hire McMillan as the defensive coordinator. The only coaches I could think of that could integrate two bigs like Dwight and Pau are Adelman and Phil who won't take up the Lakers job. Adelman will most likely retire and Phil won't entertain that idea again after what happened last year. :no:

I'm not the biggest Meeks guy. He's okay..but not much of a threat outside of the 3pt shot which has been inconsistent all year. I like his heart and hustle, but his defense leaves lot to be desired..I'd rather have Goudelock eat up all his minutes, at least he has more to his game, 3pt shot, floater, better d. Honestly Courtney Lee is miles ahead of both of these guys, really good defender and incredible athlete too. He's like a smarter version of Shannon Brown, a real game changer.

Gasol for KG and Lee is likely the best they can do for any Gasol trade at this point since New Orleans won't give up Anderson for Gasol. KG is still the best all around help/pick n roll defender at PF in the game.. Plus he has the money 12-17ft jumper unlike Pau..which would fit better with D12. KG already stated he'd only like to be traded to LA at the previous trade deadline. Assuming he doesn't retire, it'd be nice to see him and Kobe go out together on the same team. That team would be ferocious defensively..just a wet dream though :oldlol:

Morris is a bonehead. Sacre is a clown and Johnson-Odom, well he reminds me of Lamar Odom :cry: Why waste roster spots and money, especially when you're already over the tax threshold for guys who will barely see any playing time?

and yes I realize that the GS trade might be a stretch, but you figure Rush is looking for a longer term contract and GS is already stacked at the 2 and 3. The only players they should look at this offseason are gritty defenders that can knock down the 3 or have game changing athleticism: Trevor Ariza, Brandon Rush, Courtney Lee, Kirk Hinrich, Nate Robinson, Dorrell Wright, Shawn Marion, etc come to mind

qrich
04-29-2013, 01:42 AM
1] Nash & Duhon to the Bucks for Luc Richard MBah A Moute & Ekpe Udoh. Lakers also receive the rights to Isaiah Cannan (43rd pick of the draft).

-Bucks use Jennings to get a player that would be a better fit. Nash can be the temporary point.
-Lakers save $5 more in 2014, acquire a big with size and a nice defender at the three. Canaan is also someone I'm really high on in this draft.

2] Maintain Clark with a 3 year/12 million deal. Player Option for year 4. Keep Glock to a 2 year/2 million deal.

3] Drop the team option for Jodie Meeks

4] Sign Will Bynum to the Mini-MLE. Sign Roger Mason Jr. to Vet Minimum

5] Fire D'Antoni. Hire Dunleavy to a 3 year contract with the last two being options. Dunleavy would be a great fit with the two bigs.

6] Get injured player exception for Kobe to have 16 roster slots. Use $$ of exception to sign Nick Young to one year deal with a PO for year 2.

New DC:

CE: Dwight Howard | Jordan Hill | Ekpe Udoh
PF: Pau Gasol | Earl Clark
SF: Luc Richard MBah A Moute | Ron Artest
SG: Nick Young | Andrew Glock | Roger Mason Jr.
PG: Will Bynum | Steve Blake | Isaiah Canaan

With one open roster spot left.

All three shooting guards are damn good shooters and you have two good defenders at the three. Bynum/James/Canaan is a huge upgrade at the point guard slot, at least imo, since they are decent scorers and better defenders.

Dunleavy would do real well with this squad as well because he prefers to grind it out and he would flourish with Pau/Dwight down low.

Might just need a better shooter at the three.

Yeah, time for Metta to go.....maybe the ex Laker stealing Clippers will want him....lol..

Hey, hey, hey. Who have we stolen besides Turiaf. Lest you forget that Matty boy and Khloe were Clippers to start their careers. Y'all stole them along with Radmanovic and Steve Blake :D

L.A. Jazz
04-29-2013, 05:29 AM
we can sum it by saying CHANGE like Obama did a few years back.

tamaraw08
04-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Thanks brother, I appreciate that. My knowledge pales compared to yours though.

I know these trade discussions are highly unlikely to happen, but if you watched the Hawks/Pacer game today, Indiana's main flaw was really exposed: They lack a PG who can set up easy baskets for his teammates. Hill is not a true PG. Great player, and he will certainly get a lot of PT at the 1, but he is best utilized as a scorer. Acquiring Nash would actually make some sense for them. They could start Nash at PG and Hill at the 2, then move Hill over to point and bring in Stevenson at the 2 for defense. With a shot blocker like Hibbert in the paint the could get away with it on a limited basis.

I've always liked Granger too. With his injury, his value is very low, so who knows, maybe they'd do it. Then Pau for Rondo. Huge difference defensively for us. Nash and MWP are so slow, it's like their feet are nailed to the floor. Imagine defenders like Rondo, Kobe and Granger on the perimeter, with shot blockers like Dwight and Clark in the paint. We would be long, athletic and very fast. Big change from our team now. And it would still preserve the cap space plan.

:cheers:
Here's hoping!

My biggest concern about Granger is shooting accuracy or lack thereof. Last time he shot above 45% was 2006. :( Last 4 years, he shot below 43% including 29% last season. His career FG% is 43.7%, now add that with Kobe's 45% and you will get a tandem that are not very efficient shooters.
Yes, bringing in Nash to the Pacers backcourt makes sense, provided that he would be healthy.

Asiantastic
04-29-2013, 10:31 AM
My biggest concern about Granger is shooting accuracy or lack thereof. Last time he shot above 45% was 2006. :( Last 4 years, he shot below 43% including 29% last season. His career FG% is 43.7%, now add that with Kobe's 45% and you will get a tandem that are not very efficient shooters.
Yes, bringing in Nash to the Pacers backcourt makes sense, provided that he would be healthy.

Granger would turn into a spot up shooter though. The exact same role that MWP had, except he'd probably connect on more of them.

And when needed, he could also be a go-to guy.

But I don't want to invest in him too much. With all the injuries we've had this year, the last thing we want is to trade for someone who basically missed the entire 2012-2013 season.

DKLaker
04-29-2013, 10:50 AM

Tam, you crack me up, Basketball is NOT about stats, it about how you play the game. There are so many things that don't reflect a players true value and ability, things you can't summarize into any stats.......or learn out of a textbook.

Kobe is a flat out BALLER and so is Granger. If you filled a squad with efficient shooters you would probably get your @ss kicked in a real game.

There is a coach I have been going up against for over 10 years, his teams are loaded with great shooters, I mean AMAZING shooters and they have easily shot a higher percentage than my teams every game we played head to head.......we have never lost to them and in fact almost every game ended up with us winning by at least 20 points. Team Defense and World Class rebounding is how we do it......I can wipe my "A" with someone's stats.

LMAO Balls Out, it doesn't take a genius to know how to play 2 good big men together, most teams don't have 1 much less 2 so they don't have that option........I think Rudy T. and Coach Pop could tell you this fact.
I remember people saying that Phil couldn't fit a Center into the Triangle since he never had a good one with Chicago, this was ridiculous and proven wrong.
Why are you worried about Morris, Sacre and extremely low paid guys? Do you realize that we have to have low salary guys to fill out a roster, do you understand that there are minimum roster sizes, that to replace these guys you will only get the same level of talent...OR pay more money, that these guys are paid so little that they don't effect our salary cap?
I don't get why you feel they are even worth mentioning?
The 3 guys combined made less than $2 million....get off it..lol.

I have been running 2 bigs in the post for over 20 years on my teams with 2 good bigs. My teams dominate and trust me, there is nothing revolutionary I am doing with them, just old fashioned basic basketball fundamentals.
In AAU, College there are a ton of coaches who have done the exact same things.....you guys need to get out and actually watch games that are NOT on tv, it would open your eyes to more of the game.

Oh, we are not going to fire 'Antoni because Mitch said so......dude, seriously?????? Where have you been all season, do you realize that Mitch said the exact same thing about Mike Brown just 2 days, YES 2 days before he was fired......come on man!!!!!!! Surely you knew that didn't you?

qrich, Yeah, you busted me on that one, I gotta give it to you :applause: :cheers:

Bosnian Sajo
04-29-2013, 01:00 PM
God I hope we don't sign Dwight to a max contract...it will be the end of us :facepalm

crisoner
04-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Resigning Dwight is key.
I know everyone is down and out on him but he is still the key to our future.

Next step would be to get a new coach. Pringles was a bad idea from the jump. (But I doubt this happens unless Dwight demands it)

Trade Steve Nash for Lowry. Seems like a popular idea and I agree.

Amnesty MWP. We save 20 plus million.

Pray Kobe comes back before December.

Gasol Gasol Gasol.....if we can trade him then trade him. If not keep him and let him and Dwight rule the post next year.

DKLaker
04-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Resigning Dwight is key.
I know everyone is down and out on him but he is still the key to our future.

Next step would be to get a new coach. Pringles was a bad idea from the jump. (But I doubt this happens unless Dwight demands it)

Trade Steve Nash for Lowry. Seems like a popular idea and I agree.

Amnesty MWP. We save 20 plus million.

Pray Kobe comes back before December.

Gasol Gasol Gasol.....if we can trade him then trade him. If not keep him and let him and Dwight rule the post next year.

See my earlier comment about Metta. He has 1 season left at $7.7 mil, this makes him a valuable expirer. You don't use your 1 and only waiver on an expirer, it would be a very dumb move because you would still have to pay him.
Reminder, because of the CBA each team was given ONE waiver.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-29-2013, 05:30 PM
See my earlier comment about Metta. He has 1 season left at $7.7 mil, this makes him a valuable expirer. You don't use your 1 and only waiver on an expirer, it would be a very dumb move because you would still have to pay him.
Reminder, because of the CBA each team was given ONE waiver.

problem is there is nobody else who has more than an yr remaining who we could amnesty

kobe - no way
Gasol - trade em before amnesty
MPW - ideal candidate saves 20mil
blake - played good and can you something

nobody else...

dd24
04-29-2013, 06:32 PM
I like Granger's game too. I just don't think he'll ever play a whole season. He's an upgrade nonetheless. I would take him on the roster. I think he would thrive in a situation where he isn't the go to scorer. It would make the game easier on him. In Indiana, he was the one they went to. Teams could double-team him. If he played with Kobe & Dwight there wouldn't be that.

It still doesn't solve the Lakers hugest weakness. The same weakness they've had for years. Point Guard. The Lakers can't defend any other teams PG. That won't change with Nash. He's probably not tradeable. That's a pretty big contract for what he can do on the court still. He was a horrible defender to begin with and he got worse. I'd really like to see Nash in a backup role. I'm not sure who the Lakers could land to fill that spot. Hoping to land a lottery pick to go after MCW is wishful thinking. With as weak as this draft class is I think he'll go in the top 12. PG is pretty much the most important position and he & Trey Burke are the top 2 left in this draft class.

I know there's a few of us who wish 'antoni would be fired. I don't see it happening yet. Unless of course Howard makes it known that he won't be back if 'antoni is here. Outside of that happening I think 'antoni at least has half a season left in LA. I do think it's easier to fire him next season though. Brown has a new job and I believe he'll be off the payroll.

I don't see Gasol getting moved until the Howard situation is figured out. If Howard leaves, he's their backup plan. If Howard signs, then Gasol will likely be moved. It's still going to be very hard to get someone to take that contract. With the new CBA, that contract is a killer to teams.

DKLaker
04-29-2013, 06:54 PM
problem is there is nobody else who has more than an yr remaining who we could amnesty

kobe - no way
Gasol - trade em before amnesty
MPW - ideal candidate saves 20mil
blake - played good and can you something

nobody else...

Again, you are missing the point, they would still have to pay every penny of the $7.7 million. The intelligent thing to do would be to trade him, YES he is not only valuable as an expirer but also he is still a tough player and smart veteran.......why do you think Derek Fisher is still around after being washed up for 4 years. If we trade him we won't have to pay him anything....think about it.

tamaraw08
04-30-2013, 01:11 AM
Tam, you crack me up, Basketball is NOT about stats, it about how you play the game. There are so many things that don't reflect a players true value and ability, things you can't summarize into any stats.......or learn out of a textbook.

Kobe is a flat out BALLER and so is Granger. If you filled a squad with efficient shooters you would probably get your @ss kicked in a real game.

There is a coach I have been going up against for over 10 years, his teams are loaded with great shooters, I mean AMAZING shooters and they have easily shot a higher percentage than my teams every game we played head to head.......we have never lost to them and in fact almost every game ended up with us winning by at least 20 points. Team Defense and World Class rebounding is how we do it......I can wipe my "A" with someone's stats.

I understand that there are other facets of players games that don't reflect on stats. If you say that he plays very good defense that he can feed the post and has a great understanding of the game like reading and reacting to defense, etc etc etc, then I'll probably buy it. :rockon: .
But I strongly believe that if Ray Allen did not shoot a very good % from behind the arc that he would be out of the league by now.
Ill be lying to you if I say that I have seen atleast 80% of Granger's games so I went to the stats to take away my subjective observations on him.
I did not mean to leave out some of Granger's good stats, I was merely late for work this am so I had to cut short my post.
Anyway, I like the FACT that he has a really good % frm the 3pt line at 38.4%, Someone posted that he would be a great spot up shooter when Kobe takes charge of the ball.
that he take about 6-7 FT's per game, 3 out of 4 years before last season, A good sign too incase his shots are not falling, that he can manufacture points.
The irony is that You and I are in a minority here in this board, about keeping Dwight. You'll probably defend him about him being mis-used/poor strategy of maximizing his abilities while I like to point about that he was among that top leaders in rebounding and blocked shots inspite of bum shoulder and coming out of back surgery. :oldlol:

tamaraw08
04-30-2013, 01:20 AM
I like Granger's game too. I just don't think he'll ever play a whole season. He's an upgrade nonetheless. I would take him on the roster. I think he would thrive in a situation where he isn't the go to scorer. It would make the game easier on him. In Indiana, he was the one they went to. Teams could double-team him. If he played with Kobe & Dwight there wouldn't be that.

It still doesn't solve the Lakers hugest weakness. The same weakness they've had for years. Point Guard. The Lakers can't defend any other teams PG. That won't change with Nash. He's probably not tradeable. That's a pretty big contract for what he can do on the court still. He was a horrible defender to begin with and he got worse. I'd really like to see Nash in a backup role. I'm not sure who the Lakers could land to fill that spot. Hoping to land a lottery pick to go after MCW is wishful thinking. With as weak as this draft class is I think he'll go in the top 12. PG is pretty much the most important position and he & Trey Burke are the top 2 left in this draft class.

With the no hand check rule PLUS virtually most teams running the high pick and rolls, I strongly believe that it's almost impossible to shut down quick and prolific players. Parker, Lawson, Curry, Derron Williams, heck even Nate Robinson are simply dominating the games right now.

qrich
04-30-2013, 01:38 AM
Again, you are missing the point, they would still have to pay every penny of the $7.7 million. The intelligent thing to do would be to trade him, YES he is not only valuable as an expirer but also he is still a tough player and smart veteran.......why do you think Derek Fisher is still around after being washed up for 4 years. If we trade him we won't have to pay him anything....think about it.

Minus the salary coming back, unless you think a side will give up a TPE or cap space for him?

dd24
04-30-2013, 02:24 AM
With the no hand check rule PLUS virtually most teams running the high pick and rolls, I strongly believe that it's almost impossible to shut down quick and prolific players. Parker, Lawson, Curry, Derron Williams, heck even Nate Robinson are simply dominating the games right now.

You can still make it harder on them, plus we need a guy who is quick and could do the same. PG is the Lakers weakest position. Nash just wasn't what I expected. He doesn't have much left in the tank.

DKLaker
04-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Minus the salary coming back, unless you think a side will give up a TPE or cap space for him?

Well, if you amnesty him you still have to pay him AND fill his spot with a useful player....so that will cost you more money right? Just a terrible move.

There are endless possibilities and lets say we can get a player or two who will be a better fit for this team.

I guarantee that a contender would love to have a tough veteran like Metta.

qrich
04-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Well, if you amnesty him you still have to pay him AND fill his spot with a useful player....so that will cost you more money right? Just a terrible move.

There are endless possibilities and lets say we can get a player or two who will be a better fit for this team.

I guarantee that a contender would love to have a tough veteran like Metta.

But is that worth 15.4 mil due to the lux? Or would just paying 7.7 to amnesty Artest a better move?

I personally think latter is the better way to go IF they are looking to get rid of Artest

dd24
04-30-2013, 05:40 PM
But is that worth 15.4 mil due to the lux? Or would just paying 7.7 to amnesty Artest a better move?

I personally think latter is the better way to go IF they are looking to get rid of Artest

Who do you replace him with? You can't just go out and sign someone. It's not worth using the amnesty on someone not making over 10 million per season. I would highly doubt the Pistons would use it on Charlie V who makes about the same money and has put up worse numbers.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-30-2013, 11:06 PM

it would cost lakers 7.7mil to amnesty him and 15.4 to keep him

if nobody wants his expirer its going to be tough pill to swallow
& remember for MWP u r going to get sh!t back...nobody is going to give us anything valuable for him

DKLaker
05-01-2013, 12:02 AM
it would cost lakers 7.7mil to amnesty him and 15.4 to keep him

if nobody wants his expirer its going to be tough pill to swallow
& remember for MWP u r going to get sh!t back...nobody is going to give us anything valuable for him

We wouldn't have any problem trading him at all......if we could trade Luke Walton we can trade anyone......lol, and Luke still had 2 years left of crap play. Seriously if we want to trade him there will be a lot of takers.

dd24
05-01-2013, 02:12 AM
We wouldn't have any problem trading him at all......if we could trade Luke Walton we can trade anyone......lol, and Luke still had 2 years left of crap play. Seriously if we want to trade him there will be a lot of takers.

The problem I see is the same problem that I've said for the last few years of the trade Artest rumors. I don't see how we could trade a SF and get another one who is better back in return. Ebanks isn't the answer at SF. He's terrible.

There's also a small part of me that thinks the Lakers kind of want all these expiring contracts so they can go out and make some big time moves with the 2014 free agents. Lebron, Melo, Bosh, Granger, Deng, or even Larry Sanders. Heck, they could try to get Gasol to resign for far less money. I don't really see a way to completely turn things around next year unless they can somehow trade for one of these expirers and hope to resign them like they did with Dwight. I see Kobe sticking around for a few more years. You know he really wants #6.

leopoldotoribio
05-01-2013, 02:37 AM
Is it possible for CP3 to move to LA with Dwight Howard?

DKLaker
05-01-2013, 12:03 PM
To my earlier point about running a 2 bigs offense and how easy it is, look at Memphis with Randolph and Gasol.
It still pisses me off that we were dumb enough to put Marc in the trade for Pau instead of the Sue Yue who the Grizz wanted.
I wanted Marc in the draft, this I posted on ISH before he was drafted, but then we blew it. He is the tougher Gasol, he got smashed in the mouth and laughed at it and kept banging last night, Pau would've cried and wimped out.

Right dd24 guys don't think about how to build a team, get rid of Metta and then what?

I do think Ebanks has the potential to be a very good player, the problem is that he has had 2 idiotic coaches in a row, coaches who don't know how to teach the game to a young player nor how to properly use their ability.
Just look at 'Antoni and how he misplayed Pau and Dwight, had Metta jacking 3's.....seriously you can't blame the players for the actions of a clueless coach. Just look at Jordan Hill with 'Antoni in NY, Shannon Brown with Mike Brown in Cleveland. Bad coaches make young players look worse.
Trust me, if you put Ebanks with the right coach and he will look very good.

Ebanks specialty is going to be defense.....is 'Antoni going to teach him anything or play a defensive guy? NO!!! In fact IF 'Antoni knew that Ebanks could hold Durant to 4 points and score 6 himself, he wouldn't play him, he only cares about offense and jacking up 3's.

dd24
05-01-2013, 12:23 PM
To my earlier point about running a 2 bigs offense and how easy it is, look at Memphis with Randolph and Gasol.
It still pisses me off that we were dumb enough to put Marc in the trade for Pau instead of the Sue Yue who the Grizz wanted.
I wanted Marc in the draft, this I posted on ISH before he was drafted, but then we blew it. He is the tougher Gasol, he got smashed in the mouth and laughed at it and kept banging last night, Pau would've cried and wimped out.

I've often thought this through the season too. Having two excellent bigs has worked well for Memphis. I'm sure Memphis would love a guard like Kobe to work with them too. It's all about strategy.

Ever since the Pau trade I've laughed at the Memphis fans who think they were ripped off. They got Marc Gasol who many think is the best C in the league right now. They also got the cap space to get Randolph. So really they got Marc Gasol & Zach Randolph for Pau Gasol. In the end, they got the better part of the trade. At the time it helped the Lakers more because it gave them the piece they needed to win championships. That trade was a win-win.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-01-2013, 02:28 PM

you forgot the main piece of that trade...we traded our 1st with Luke Walton.

now we have zero 1st rounders to trade....13/15/17 all are gone

dd24
05-01-2013, 04:17 PM
you forgot the main piece of that trade...we traded our 1st with Luke Walton.

now we have zero 1st rounders to trade....13/15/17 all are gone

I think they knew they wouldn't be able to afford a first round pick though. A first rounder is a guaranteed contract. As much as all of us would love to add some youth through the draft it doesn't help out things financially. I'd much rather be paying proven athletes. No picks doesn't really upset me. The Lakers just need to make a trade to get some proven younger legs on the team.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-01-2013, 04:25 PM
I think they knew they wouldn't be able to afford a first round pick though. A first rounder is a guaranteed contract. As much as all of us would love to add some youth through the draft it doesn't help out things financially. I'd much rather be paying proven athletes. No picks doesn't really upset me. The Lakers just need to make a trade to get some proven younger legs on the team.

but a rebuilding team like Cavs do and they need young unproven athletes cause they are rebuilding.

Thats why they took walton back...

if we are not dealing any picks...whats the point of other team trading for MWP???

we will be getting equally bad contracts...nobody is going to giving us young player for an expirer MWP

dd24
05-01-2013, 04:29 PM
but a rebuilding team like Cavs do and they need young unproven athletes cause they are rebuilding.

if we are not dealing any picks...whats the point of other team trading for MWP???

we will be getting equally bad contracts...nobody is going to giving us young player for an expirer MWP

That's what I've been saying. It makes no sense to trade Artest because we're not going to get a younger better SF in return.

I do really like what Cleveland did. They stockpiled picks and now have a solid core with Irving, Waiters, Thompson, and Zeller. They'll highly likely add Otto Porter to that mix too. They turned things around pretty quick.

DKLaker
05-01-2013, 04:31 PM

I never said a team would give us a young player for Metta, I said that there are many teams would would want him for his toughness and veteran leadership......no question about it. There is no telling what we would get but it would end up a helluva lot smarter than waiving Metta. IF the Lakers want to get rid of him that is.

tamaraw08
05-02-2013, 02:16 AM
I never said a team would give us a young player for Metta, I said that there are many teams would would want him for his toughness and veteran leadership......no question about it. There is no telling what we would get but it would end up a helluva lot smarter than waiving Metta. IF the Lakers want to get rid of him that is.

Many teams? I disagree. Many teams would rather(or already) have young and cheap SFs than an older guy with no lift, can't shoot 3's consistently and would be potentially be a problem/distraction ESP with a relatively huge contract like has. Guys like Kawhi Leonard, Harrison Barnes, Paul George,
Matt Barnes, Webster, Delfino, Belinelli, etc etc are so much cheaper. Heck Shane Battier is only getting 3.2 Mil, roughly half of what MWP is getting.
Some contending teams might need his toughness but again, the price tag (esp when they have to give up an attractive player that the Lakers need) and risks are just too much.

DKLaker
05-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Many teams? I disagree. Many teams would rather(or already) have young and cheap SFs than an older guy with no lift, can't shoot 3's consistently and would be potentially be a problem/distraction ESP with a relatively huge contract like has. Guys like Kawhi Leonard, Harrison Barnes, Paul George,
Matt Barnes, Webster, Delfino, Belinelli, etc etc are so much cheaper. Heck Shane Battier is only getting 3.2 Mil, roughly half of what MWP is getting.
Some contending teams might need his toughness but again, the price tag (esp when they have to give up an attractive player that the Lakers need) and risks are just too much.

Bellinelli is tough???? How many of the guys you mentioned are tough enough to guard Lebron are veterans and available. Forget the contract, it's a 1 year expirer which has value above the players ability.
The subject is trade over amnesty, so we would be far better off trading him for a bag of chips on a 2nd rounder than to amnesty him.
My opinion is that if we can't package a trade for someone who will improve the team then just keep Metta and use him wisely which means no 3's....and fire 'Antoni.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-02-2013, 11:21 PM
Bellinelli is tough???? How many of the guys you mentioned are tough enough to guard Lebron are veterans and available. Forget the contract, it's a 1 year expirer which has value above the players ability.
The subject is trade over amnesty, so we would be far better off trading him for a bag of chips on a 2nd rounder than to amnesty him.
My opinion is that if we can't package a trade for someone who will improve the team then just keep Metta and use him wisely which means no 3's....and fire 'Antoni.

bro that was true MWP in ancient time...he freaking cant durant/melo/ or lebron...

those days are gone...

dd24
05-02-2013, 11:43 PM
bro that was true MWP in ancient time...he freaking cant durant/melo/ or lebron...

those days are gone...

With the way the rules are in the NBA now nobody can. At least Artest is physical enough to give them a little more trouble than most. There's not a lot of guys that can be said about.

DKLaker
05-03-2013, 10:24 AM
With the way the rules are in the NBA now nobody can. At least Artest is physical enough to give them a little more trouble than most. There's not a lot of guys that can be said about.

Exactly!!!! :cheers:

tamaraw08
05-05-2013, 10:59 PM

DK questioned Belinelli's toughness or lack thereof and yet he didn't look that weak on defense with the Bulls. As in I just don't see a great difference between the present MWP and most cheap SF's.

DKLaker
05-06-2013, 08:39 PM
DK questioned Belinelli's toughness or lack thereof and yet he didn't look that weak on defense with the Bulls. As in I just don't see a great difference between the present MWP and most cheap SF's.

Apparently you don't watch Bellinelli play very much.....lol.

Bad coaching and style of play can make anyone look bad.
If you want fastbreaks and 3 pointers then Metta is not the SF you want nor is Pau the PF you want, just like if you hate post play then Dwight is not the guy you want.
If we had a coach who worked to our players strengths we would've been dominant.

Big_Dogg
05-07-2013, 03:25 AM
Apparently you don't watch Bellinelli play very much.....lol.

Bad coaching and style of play can make anyone look bad.
If you want fastbreaks and 3 pointers then Metta is not the SF you want nor is Pau the PF you want, just like if you hate post play then Dwight is not the guy you want.
If we had a coach who worked to our players strengths we would've been dominant.

:applause:

$LakerGold
05-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Keep the core, except Dwight. Like, I'm not really excited about keeping him anymore. He had so many chances last year, but he didn't live up to our expectation. If we could sign him for 8mil, that'd be great. But if they do choose to sign him for 20mil or whatever he wants ... I hope they trade him afterwards --- it's just not worth it anymore.

Get rid of Steve Blake & other guards ... rebuild the roster. Sign players that are known for what they're known for or what they're capable of doing.

Ideal roster for next season:

1 - Nash/(Protege)/(Protege)
2 - Bryant/Korver
3 - MWP/Ariza
4 - Gasol/Frye
5 - Bargnani Or Dwight

We can't be getting PG out of anywhere anymore ... we need to develop them. But Steve Blake & Goudelock are just aren't the one, besides Blake is old now.

If you realize it, Jerry Buss always had Forwards that can shoot (Odom, Gasol, Radmanovic, Brian Cook, Horry & the list goes on...F*** SAMAKI WALKER), and there's prolly a reason for that.

Last year, Gasol was not used properly & he had backup that was only known for his defense & scrappy play.

I guess they just need to build a similar roster from 2011. That roster would prolly workout for D'Antoni's system anyway, everyone was a shooter except for Bynum & Mbenga.

It's either that, or FIRE HIS ASS.

DKLaker
05-08-2013, 11:21 AM
$LakerGold.....in short, Fire 'Antoni because his idiotic coaching is never going to work and he wouldn't win an NBA title if he had his pick of the top 15 players in the NBA, he would still manage to FK it up!!!

Can't judge Dwight based on an idiot coach who didn't know how to use him.
It's like going to war against tanks and a General says, no we won't use our tanks, planes or big weapons, we'll only use pistols against them :banghead:
Then the soldiers get criticized for failure :facepalm

dd24
05-08-2013, 11:44 AM
$LakerGold.....in short, Fire 'Antoni because his idiotic coaching is never going to work and he wouldn't win an NBA title if he had his pick of the top 15 players in the NBA, he would still manage to FK it up!!!

Can't judge Dwight based on an idiot coach who didn't know how to use him.
It's like going to war against tanks and a General says, no we won't use our tanks, planes or big weapons, we'll only use pistols against them :banghead:
Then the soldiers get criticized for failure :facepalm

I look at it like this.... Chicago has a far worse lineup on the court than the Lakers did yet they are winning. Sure they aren't going to win the series against the Heat, but they'll still make it interesting. They have a coach who knows how to use his players. When a coach can't figure out how to use Dwight Howard, he has no business being in the league.

DKLaker
05-08-2013, 04:18 PM
I look at it like this.... Chicago has a far worse lineup on the court than the Lakers did yet they are winning. Sure they aren't going to win the series against the Heat, but they'll still make it interesting. They have a coach who knows how to use his players. When a coach can't figure out how to use Dwight Howard, he has no business being in the league.

:applause: :cheers: :applause:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-08-2013, 09:09 PM

Another yr gone cause we have a pathetic coach....

He has no clue how to use the size we had

He wants d12 to be used as jared jefferies...

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-10-2013, 10:11 PM
i want jimmy butler from Chicago for any pau trade....anything other than boozer coming back should be good

otherwise trade pau and draft burke...

tamaraw08
05-15-2013, 12:25 AM
i want jimmy butler from Chicago for any pau trade....anything other than boozer coming back should be good

otherwise trade pau and draft burke...

Salaries must match or within 20% (?) in order for the trade to materialize and Jimmy Butler has one of the cheapest contracts that are productive.
So it's a safe bet too that they wont give him up esp when they traded Korver and Ronnie Brewer. In connection with that, the Bulls seemed bent on saving $ when they let Asik walk so I don't see them paying Pau but I could be wrong.

tamaraw08
05-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Keep the core, except Dwight. Like, I'm not really excited about keeping him anymore. He had so many chances last year, but he didn't live up to our expectation. If we could sign him for 8mil, that'd be great. But if they do choose to sign him for 20mil or whatever he wants ... I hope they trade him afterwards --- it's just not worth it anymore.

Get rid of Steve Blake & other guards ... rebuild the roster. Sign players that are known for what they're known for or what they're capable of doing.

Ideal roster for next season:

1 - Nash/(Protege)/(Protege)
2 - Bryant/Korver
3 - MWP/Ariza
4 - Gasol/Frye
5 - Bargnani Or Dwight

We can't be getting PG out of anywhere anymore ... we need to develop them. But Steve Blake & Goudelock are just aren't the one, besides Blake is old now.

If you realize it, Jerry Buss always had Forwards that can shoot (Odom, Gasol, Radmanovic, Brian Cook, Horry & the list goes on...F*** SAMAKI WALKER), and there's prolly a reason for that.

Last year, Gasol was not used properly & he had backup that was only known for his defense & scrappy play.

I guess they just need to build a similar roster from 2011. That roster would prolly workout for D'Antoni's system anyway, everyone was a shooter except for Bynum & Mbenga.

It's either that, or FIRE HIS ASS.

I just don't understand why everyone was so down on Dwight.
Bynum and Rose didn't play a single second while Dwight played since day one after back surgery, barely miss games after a torn labrum and STILL among the LEADERS in rebounds, FG% and blocks.:(
Is it that smirk? Yes, I hate that too. :rockon:
Him talking too much to the media? or smiling when they were struggling?
Oh yes.
I ask my friends who also hated Dwight and asked about their favorite centers.
You like Kendrick Perkins? oh yeah, who wouldnt like his toughness and that warrior like body and scowl? His current playoff stats? 2 pts and 4 rebs.
You like Noah, Hibbert, and Chandler?
ALL THESE great guys have less pts and rebounds than Dwight.
Even the guys who are currently thriving like Duncan and Marc Gasol have LESS rebounds than Dwight.:rolleyes:
And Yes, DK also pointed out that his strengths are not fully maximized so, it could have affected his psyche but hey, lets just bag on him, that smirk is just so unbearable. :facepalm

dd24
05-15-2013, 11:56 AM
I just don't understand why everyone was so down on Dwight.
Bynum and Rose didn't play a single second while Dwight played since day one after back surgery, barely miss games after a torn labrum and STILL among the LEADERS in rebounds, FG% and blocks.:(
Is it that smirk? Yes, I hate that too. :rockon:
Him talking too much to the media? or smiling when they were struggling?
Oh yes.
I ask my friends who also hated Dwight and asked about their favorite centers.
You like Kendrick Perkins? oh yeah, who wouldnt like his toughness and that warrior like body and scowl? His current playoff stats? 2 pts and 4 rebs.
You like Noah, Hibbert, and Chandler?
ALL THESE great guys have less pts and rebounds than Dwight.
Even the guys who are currently thriving like Duncan and Marc Gasol have LESS rebounds than Dwight.:rolleyes:
And Yes, DK also pointed out that his strengths are not fully maximized so, it could have affected his psyche but hey, lets just bag on him, that smirk is just so unbearable. :facepalm

I agree. It's so crazy to me that people somehow think it would be smart to not resign Dwight like there's a ton of great free agents out there for the Lakers to go after lol. He's still the best C in the game right now. He's now in his prime too. I think he had a pretty solid season for not being 100% for most of it. He's not the Dwight everybody wanted him to be, but I believe next season he will be. He'll have a whole offseason to prepare this time around and he'll finally be completely healthy going into a season for us. Hopefully another season with Kobe will help him with finding his own killer instinct.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Salaries must match or within 20% (?) in order for the trade to materialize and Jimmy Butler has one of the cheapest contracts that are productive.
So it's a safe bet too that they wont give him up esp when they traded Korver and Ronnie Brewer. In connection with that, the Bulls seemed bent on saving $ when they let Asik walk so I don't see them paying Pau but I could be wrong.

Gasol puts them over the top while Asik was a solid bench contributor.

Noah/Gasol is as good as it gets....

i read somewhere(take with grain of salt) Bulls were ready to trade for gasol by giving Deng/Butler...Lakers wanted Charlotte pick too...bulls said no

I think lakers will trade pau this summer if they get a blockbuster deal...and if not they will keep him...

Ask MWP to opt out of his contract...give him small contract...if pau is traded...

then trade blake for cap space or amnesty him saving 17mil $$$

el gringos
06-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Would you trade Nash and 2nd rd pick for Felton and Novak?

lakerfreak
06-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Would you trade Nash and 2nd rd pick for Felton and Novak?

It's not a deal we should be desperate for and the only reason I say this is because with Sessions playing here, then Nash, Kobe still had control of the basketball for most of the games. We do not need a PG that needs the ball in his hands most of the game. Fisher was the perfect fit next to Kobe. Do we know of any PG's that play off the ball most of the time? The only one I can think of would be Chauncey. He's 37+ years old though. I wouldn't go out of my way for him.

Nash looks like he got used to how Kobe controls everything. He doesn't seem uncomfortable without the ball much either.

longtime lurker
06-23-2013, 01:15 PM
The Lakers need athletic defenders and that's it. Just get me some athletes on the perimeter with length. I don't give a shit if they can shoot the 3 ball or not. The Lakers literally have 2 good defensive players Dwight and Steve Blake. And I'm being very generous when I call Steve Blake a good defensive player.

DKLaker
06-23-2013, 01:55 PM
The Lakers need athletic defenders and that's it. Just get me some athletes on the perimeter with length. I don't give a shit if they can shoot the 3 ball or not. The Lakers literally have 2 good defensive players Dwight and Steve Blake. And I'm being very generous when I call Steve Blake a good defensive player.

Steve Blake??? :wtf: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
That's not being generous, that's being delusional :oldlol: :oldlol:

$LakerGold
06-23-2013, 03:26 PM

I only agree on the ATHLETIC DEFENDERS part. And we just need some more talent. The right size for every position. Jodie meeks @ 6'4, c'mon ... who's he gonna guard when it comes to facing the heat? D-Wade?

dd24
06-23-2013, 04:13 PM

Putting Steve Blake in the discussion for athletic defenders is hilarious! He's one of the worst in the league. Kobe really needs help defending the perimeter. He's one of the better defenders in the NBA. The problem is he can't guard everyone out there. I'm guessing you forgot about him.

longtime lurker
06-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Putting Steve Blake in the discussion for athletic defenders is hilarious! He's one of the worst in the league. Kobe really needs help defending the perimeter. He's one of the better defenders in the NBA. The problem is he can't guard everyone out there. I'm guessing you forgot about him.

I didn't mean Steve Blake is an athletic defender but the team was noticeably a lot better defensively with him in the line up than Nash. Kobe's man to man defense is still good, hell even great sometimes but his team defense is pretty bad. He can't quickly switch and close out on perimeter players. D'Antoni being a complete joke doesn't help matters but this team seriously just needs 2 defense first players.

$LakerGold
06-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Looks like we made a mistake by signing Artest (long-term)

dd24
06-24-2013, 01:51 AM
Looks like we made a mistake by signing Artest (long-term)

I don't think so. The Lakers did win a championship with him. I hardly think that was a mistake. Look at how Ariza has been throughout the past few years. He's having a hard time. If he was on the team still we would likely be complaining about his lack of development.

DKLaker
06-24-2013, 12:10 PM
I don't think so. The Lakers did win a championship with him. I hardly think that was a mistake. Look at how Ariza has been throughout the past few years. He's having a hard time. If he was on the team still we would likely be complaining about his lack of development.

I agree.....and we didn't get Metta to be a 3pt shooter as 'Antoni used him last season, that is NOT his game. Once again, a good coach uses his players in ways they will be successful. Next Jimmy will hire a coach who will play Kobe at center.....it would go just as poorly as the misuse of Dwight, Metta and Pau.
Get a freaking coach Lakers!!!!!!!!

DKLaker
06-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Chris Duhon was just waived.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22576779/lakers-waive-guard-chris-duhon

After all the hype and guys on here begging that we get him, the guy was flat out horrible, he looked like he didn't even belong on the bench of a D-League team. Good Riddance!!!!!

dd24
06-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Chris Duhon was just waived.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22576779/lakers-waive-guard-chris-duhon

After all the hype and guys on here begging that we get him, the guy was flat out horrible, he looked like he didn't even belong on the bench of a D-League team. Good Riddance!!!!!

Yup, his days in the league might be done now.

tamaraw08
07-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Sign and Trade Howard and Metta for KG and Pierce.
Trade Pau for Rondo.
Trade Nash for Kendrick Perkins

PG-Rondo
SG-Kobe
SF-Pierce
PF-KG
Center-Perkins

dd24
07-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Sign and Trade Howard and Metta for KG and Pierce.
Trade Pau for Rondo.
Trade Nash for Kendrick Perkins

PG-Rondo
SG-Kobe
SF-Pierce
PF-KG
Center-Perkins

If that really happened I'm pretty sure DK would not be a Lakers fan anymore :lol

dd24
07-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Dave McMenamin: The Lakers also inquired about Charlotte free agent Byron Mullens on Sunday night, per a league source. Twitter @mcten

This is totally a move that 'antoni would make and clearly shows the Lakers front office loves this system more than the fans do.....

DKLaker
07-01-2013, 08:38 PM
If that really happened I'm pretty sure DK would not be a Lakers fan anymore :lol

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

I'm praying that I can survive the Jimmy Buss/'Antoni era bro :(

dd24
07-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Arash Markazi: Sasha Vujacic is back in LA and has been in touch with the Lakers. Source said he'll be in NBA next season and Lakers are his top choice. Twitter @ArashMarkazi

I wouldn't mind having Sasha back, but I'm not sure how much PT he can get on a team with Nash, Kobe, Meeks, and Blake.

DKLaker
07-02-2013, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't mind having Sasha back, but I'm not sure how much PT he can get on a team with Nash, Kobe, Meeks, and Blake.

I would love this, but I don't know how much game he has right now.

L.A. Jazz
07-02-2013, 03:45 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

I'm praying that I can survive the Jimmy Buss/'Antoni era bro :(
no problem for me, i am already in standby mode until MDA is leaving. the Lakers wont win anything 2013/14 and thats ok with me. we have to wait another year to see what the team of the future will look like.