PDA

View Full Version : Empty Seats at Staples Tonight

SpecialQue
04-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Yeah, they should TOTALLY amnesty Kobe, right?

:rolleyes:

Soundwave
04-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Typical LA, lol. Pretty soon they will have a promotion to trade in Laker jerseys for Clipper ones.

TheReal Kendall
04-26-2013, 10:55 PM

:facepalm

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Kobe brings in more revenue than any other player. Ppl talk about his contract without factoring the huge amount of cash he rakes in for that franchise

SpecialQue
04-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Typical LA, lol. Pretty soon they will have a promotion to trade in Laker jerseys for Clipper ones.

At this point I don't mind people calling out the fanbase. They've been downright pathetic this season. Point being though, Kobe brings $$$ to the franchise.

KyleKong
04-26-2013, 11:00 PM
I've said this before and I'll say it again.

8/10 of the people who root for the Lakers are not Lakers fans, they just have a weird obsession with Kobe

2/10 are actually loyal team fans.

Derka
04-26-2013, 11:00 PM
At this point I don't mind people calling out the fanbase. They've been downright pathetic this season. Point being though, Kobe brings $$$ to the franchise.
Dem China monies.

chosen_wun
04-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Dat 3 billion dollar tv deal ... yikes.

Even if they have to play weekend at Burnies with Kobe's corpse, they need to get him back on the court.

TheReal Kendall
04-26-2013, 11:03 PM

8/10 of the people who root for the Lakers are not Lakers fans, they just have a weird obsession with Kobe

:applause: :bowdown:

SpecialQue
04-26-2013, 11:03 PM

I wouldn't go that far, but Laker tickets are expensive, like "gotta suck dick to get them" expensive, and if Kobe's not playing, most people aren't going to pay that money.

coin24
04-26-2013, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't go that far, but Laker tickets are expensive, like "gotta suck dick to get them" expensive, and if Kobe's not playing, most people aren't going to pay that money.

Im all for supporting the team, but you cant charge superstar prices with the shit theyre putting on the floor right now...

Only complete fu*king idiots were saying Kobe should be amnestied.:lol

KyleKong
04-26-2013, 11:08 PM

Expensive yet they Lakers play in a city that has more millionaires than anywhere else in World.

SpecialQue
04-26-2013, 11:09 PM
Expensive yet they Lakers play in a city that has more millionaires than anywhere else in World.

They're not paying these high prices for Morris and Goudelock.

Shepseskaf
04-26-2013, 11:09 PM
Like him or hate him, Kobe is box office. That can't be denied.

Shepseskaf
04-26-2013, 11:12 PM
No, that would be NY.

What else will be at number one but The Big Apple, New York City? It has more millionaires than the next three cities combined. It is the cultural capital of the world and an important center for international diplomacy. The United Nations has its headquarters within the city. New York’s most significant economic sectors include the fields of commerce, finance, media, art, research, fashion, education, technology and entertainment. It is the home of the New York Stock Exchange, the largest stock exchange in the world. It is also considered the financial capital of the world, with a financial district anchored by Wall Street.

KyleKong
04-26-2013, 11:13 PM
No, that would be NY.

Maybe

DuMa
04-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Even if theyre empty, doesnt mean the seats werent sold. :facepalm

AintNoSunshine
04-26-2013, 11:15 PM
That's why I say most "Lakers fans" are actually just Kobe fans

Mrofir
04-26-2013, 11:15 PM
A week ago I asked if there would be "kobe" chants at an LA home game during this series. I'm still curious if it might happen.

Shepseskaf
04-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Maybe
No, not maybe. It is NY. Do some research before posting.

KyleKong
04-26-2013, 11:21 PM

Possibly.

Magic 32
04-26-2013, 11:28 PM

And Heat fans?

deja vu
04-26-2013, 11:31 PM
Fair weather fans. :facepalm

They still have the Clippers and the Warriors to support though. :lol

KyleKong
04-26-2013, 11:31 PM
And Heat fans?

A lot of Heat fans jumped on that bandwagon because they knew eventually the Heat were going to win a title. But I believe that most of the Heat fans became Heat fans back in 06.

Beastmode88
04-26-2013, 11:33 PM
Wheres David Stern when you need him? :cheers:

longtime lurker
04-26-2013, 11:36 PM
That's why I say most "Lakers fans" are actually just Kobe fans

Lol you guys. You'll take any reason to hate on the Lakers you can. Unbelieavable

LongLiveTheKing
04-27-2013, 12:59 AM
OP was one of the Lakers fans who said he was going to stop watching the Lakers cause they sucked this year and is calling out the fans.
:facepalm

MiamiDynasty
04-27-2013, 01:01 AM
The frontrunners are deserting the team, their abandoning ship. :oldlol:

At least Jack stayed til the 4th quarter.

PickernRoller
04-27-2013, 01:45 AM
15+ years of seeing Kobe dominate and be the face of the franchise - almost two decades. What do people expect?

Lol at the haters spewing their filth. It's only filth.

AintNoSunshine
04-27-2013, 01:53 AM
Lol you guys. You'll take any reason to hate on the Lakers you can. Unbelieavable

I don't hate the lakers, I hate the overrating of Kobe and his trolls. But this has nothing to do with my post, how else do you explain the empty seats in a playoffs game in LA?

flipogb
04-27-2013, 01:54 AM
I don't hate the lakers, I hate the overrating of Kobe and his trolls. But this has nothing to do with my post, how else do you explain the empty seats in a playoffs game in LA?

LA traffic on a Friday, pretty easy to explain

Mr. Jabbar
04-27-2013, 01:58 AM

they became millionaires because they're smart, not by over-paying tickets to watch morris-goudelock run the show...

Deuce Bigalow
04-27-2013, 01:59 AM
You don't know Kobe's career. You probably have never seen a game by him pre-2011. You didn't even know that Kobe was not convicted of rape kid :oldlol:
BTW he has more rings than than the franchise your repping.

Artillery
04-27-2013, 02:13 AM

This is true. The Spurs-Lakers game in San Antonio usually have a large amount of Lakers fans. This year(in the playoffs), there were very little.

Laker fans no longer exist. They're mostly Kobe stans under the guise of a #24 Laker jersey. If Kobe left LA and joined the Heat, they'd all be Heat fans. If the rumored Chicago trade happened, they'd all be Bulls fans.

deja vu
04-27-2013, 02:37 AM
New York has far more millionaires than LA.

thabisyo
04-27-2013, 02:45 AM

Posting with authority :applause: :bowdown:

Bandito
04-27-2013, 05:02 AM
A lot of Heat fans jumped on that bandwagon because they knew eventually the Heat were going to win a title. But I believe that most of the Heat fans became Heat fans back in 06.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Solefade
04-27-2013, 05:20 AM
they became millionaires because they're smart, not by over-paying tickets to watch morris-goudelock run the show...

That's what you call a fair weather fan.

Warrior fans support their teams through thick and thin. It's really annoying when Laker fans call Heat fans band wagoners

talkingconch
04-27-2013, 05:29 AM
Do retards not realize how larger than life Kobe is to us fans out here? 15 season of seeing this guy lead this franchise (along with shaq), one of the most celebrated nba players in nba history.

beastmode
04-27-2013, 05:45 AM
doesn't matter they got they fat contract with time warner

gengiskhan
04-27-2013, 10:18 AM

Amnesty kobe = saving $80 million.

I'll take few empty seats any given day & save $80 million.

retaxis
04-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Sure Kobe might bring in more money but his inability to work alongside another player may prevent another superstar from breaking out alongside Kobe and making those extra income for the team. Plus owners who have hundreds of millions want to win and want respect...Losing all the time is not fun and their credibility/standing alongside friends/business partners diminishes.

2011- aiming for 3 peat instead sweep 2nd rd
2012 - aiming for 6th ring instead 4-1 2nd rd
2013 - aiming for championship with super team instead 4-0? first round

Its getting worst and worse and worse...

b0bab0i
04-27-2013, 10:38 AM
No, that would be NY.
I'm pretty sure it's Hong Kong.

Kblaze8855
04-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Kobe is gone either after a few more months back or a couple years no matter what. The lakers are gonna have to get by without him soon cut him or keep him. And they will.

hawkfan
04-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Is there a way the Lakers can restructure his contract and give him an extension, so that he gets less money next year but gets an extension where he makes it back and he gets another deal to finish his career.

This is what Shaq did when he went to Miami - he had one year left on his deal, but he took an extension and lowered his deal for one season.

If he were to lower his salary by 15 million next year, the Lakers could use that money and sign other pieces.

wakencdukest
04-27-2013, 12:27 PM

You are a dumb motherf*cker. you don't know shit about the Laker fanbase other than what you read on ISH. None of you Laker haters do. You all think that because this place is full of Kobe stans it represents Laker fans in general? What about the LeBron stans? That better go for all fanbases, because ISH is full of morons that are barely out of their teens that think they know everything. I don't know any fans who act as Immature as the idiots on this website. Let me reiterate: You and the rest of the haters DO NOT KNOW SHIT! Grow up and post something intelligent.

oh the horror
04-27-2013, 12:31 PM
IMO it's just logical for it to happen for the most part.

I mean yeah you'll get your loyal fans coming to support the team. But the reality is, they don't call it the "Lake Show" for no reason. An rightfully so. If you took Lebron off the Heat with Injury, or any other teams superstar, would you be shocks to see empty seats?

General
04-27-2013, 12:54 PM
The Lakers will be irrelevant for another decade after Kobe leaves. The league will belong to Lebron and Kevin Durant.

Raymone
04-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Empty because no Kobe, or empty because the Lakers have no shot at winning this series?

longtime lurker
04-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Is there a way the Lakers can restructure his contract and give him an extension, so that he gets less money next year but gets an extension where he makes it back and he gets another deal to finish his career.

This is what Shaq did when he went to Miami - he had one year left on his deal, but he took an extension and lowered his deal for one season.

If he were to lower his salary by 15 million next year, the Lakers could use that money and sign other pieces.

No they'd still be over the cap. They might as well just wait a year when all the big contracts expire except for Nash and maybe Howard. This whole amnesty thing is the dumbest idea because it doesn't create capspace, the Lakers still have to pay his contract and if last night's playoff game was any indication if the Lakers don't have anything that resembles a competitive team they'll lose a lot more money than they're actually paying Kobe.

WeGetRing2012
04-27-2013, 02:42 PM
You are a dumb motherf*cker. you don't know shit about the Laker fanbase other than what you read on ISH. None of you Laker haters do. You all think that because this place is full of Kobe stans it represents Laker fans in general? What about the LeBron stans? That better go for all fanbases, because ISH is full of morons that are barely out of their teens that think they know everything. I don't know any fans who act as Immature as the idiots on this website. Let me reiterate: You and the rest of the haters DO NOT KNOW SHIT! Grow up and post something intelligent.

Thank You!

I didn't feel like typing this.

People on here are idiots! Out of the many greats that have played for the Lakers (Magic,Kareem,Shaq,West,Worthy,etc) the whole fan base only cares about Kobe :facepalm Which wouldn't explain the popularity & love for the Lakers during the 1980's. Lakers fans love winning period.

3LiftHeatCurse
04-27-2013, 02:59 PM
They're not paying these high prices for Morris and Goudelock.

You can't have it both ways. Laker fans are the worst fans in the NBA. Most of that fanbase are bandwagon fans riding the "16 championships" or whatever it is.

The Heat fans got made fun of for far less.