PDA

View Full Version : Russell Westbrook vs. Allen Iverson

MisterAmazing
04-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Where does Russ Wess stand compared to Allen Iverson right now? In the future? Both are pretty similar in the way that theyre both essentially shooting guards in point guards' bodies, both have great handling skills and both lost in the finals, lol. Iverson obviously carried a lacking 76ers team into the finals, but the east was pretty weak back then. Westbrook of course had Durant and Harden, but never failed to show up in the finals.

Rubio2Gasol
04-27-2013, 11:08 AM
I think offensively he won't get to Iverson's level - he'll maybe get to Wade's. He's not going to mirror Wade, I don't think he'll be that level of half court player, but he can be the best transition scorer in the league.

Defensively he's better than Iverson and should be significantly better.

Rose'sACL
04-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Where does Russ Wess stand compared to Allen Iverson right now? In the future? Both are pretty similar in the way that theyre both essentially shooting guards in point guards' bodies, both have great handling skills and both lost in the finals, lol. Iverson obviously carried a lacking 76ers team into the finals, but the east was pretty weak back then. Westbrook of course had Durant and Harden, but never failed to show up in the finals.
i think if russell was playing on a team where he was the only main scorer, he would be having same type of career as iverson, may be with better fg%. he has to take a lot of bad shots right now because KD has stopped taking most bad shots. Russel is taller so it helps plus i think he is the fastest player in NBA history. he will produce better stats playing for a bad team. also, his defense is better.

AintNoSunshine
04-27-2013, 11:14 AM
He's bigger, stronger, faster, jumps higher. This allows him to be a much better defender already.

On offense if he can raise his bball iq as he matures I think he can come close to Iverson, or at least be more efficient compared to Iverson simply because he's more physically gifted

Rose'sACL
04-27-2013, 11:19 AM
He's bigger, stronger, faster, jumps higher. This allows him to be a much better defender already.

On offense if he can raise his bball iq as he matures I think he can come close to Iverson, or at least be more efficient compared to Iverson simply because he's more physically gifted
Iso ball is much harder now a days because of more intelligent defenses. both KD and melo would be averaging 30+ PPG this season if not for that.Iverson would have struggled more now even though there are lesser big men in game.

retaxis
04-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Uhm excuse me but Russel Westbrook is a SG in a SG body. The guy is same height as Wade when you see them together..

Xiao Yao You
04-27-2013, 05:56 PM
I think offensively he won't get to Iverson's level - he'll maybe get to Wade's. He's not going to mirror Wade, I don't think he'll be that level of half court player, but he can be the best transition scorer in the league.

Wade's a better offensive player than AI. If someone is stupid enough to allow Westbrook to gun as much as AI at a sub 40% clip he might win scoring titles too.

On offense if he can raise his bball iq as he matures I think he can come close to Iverson

Yeah since bball IQ was an AI strong suit! :wtf:

jzek
04-27-2013, 06:00 PM
I think Westbrook's game is a lot similar to DWade than Iverson.

tgan3
04-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Iverson was a much better player than Westbrook. Westbrook team was STACKED. Iverson's one wasn't.

kNicKz
04-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Wade's a better offensive player than AI

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1349110594814.gif

AintNoSunshine
04-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Iso ball is much harder now a days because of more intelligent defenses. both KD and melo would be averaging 30+ PPG this season if not for that.Iverson would have struggled more now even though there are lesser big men in game.
oh please, you make it sound like iverson played in the 60s. And you got it, there is no more big men, he will benefit from his great finishing ability.

willds09
04-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Iverson better.

AintNoSunshine
04-27-2013, 10:04 PM
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1349110594814.gif

One is a career 25ppg 49% scorer, one is 27ppg on 42%.

What' s so surprising about this at all? Give me wade anytime, and we are not even considering everything else wade can do on the floor

kNicKz
04-27-2013, 10:10 PM
STATS!!!

http://i.imgur.com/SZYmg6z.gif

D.J.
04-27-2013, 10:24 PM
He'll be light years ahead of AI defensively because he's bigger and won't have to gamble so much. Offensively, he'll obviously be more efficient but I don't think he'll match his scoring dominance.

AintNoSunshine
04-27-2013, 10:26 PM
STATS!!!

http://i.imgur.com/SZYmg6z.gif

Lol, you have no argument, no proof. Even your gif isn't funny

Lebron23
07-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Give me Prime Allen Iverson. Iverson actually increases his FG% when the NBA changes some it's rules in the 2005 NBA Season.

I think he averaged 33 ppg on 45 FG%.