PDA

View Full Version : someone try not helping on lebron

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 05:52 PM
why not just try staying home never helping on him.Lets say you have a shawn marion or a jimmy butler who aren't intimidated by lebron.Everyone just stays home and let him keep going 1 on 1 whats the most he will get 50?60? Thats not enough to outscore a team and if you did this over a series i actually think his teammates would become miserable he already dominates the ball and now he wouldnt pass cause no 1 is open.Either A his teammates would eventually stop trying as hard or B he would just pass even if they are covered cause he is not use to playing "selfish".I just wish some nba coach would try this with a good defender that bothers him a little.THE MAN CANNOT OUT SCORE A TEAM BY HIMSELF IDC WHAT NO 1 SAYS HE IS NOT GOING FOR 90 EVERY GAME and im a fan of his

kamil
04-28-2013, 05:57 PM
As crazy as it sounds, I'd like to see this at least attempted.

Problem is, you'd need a lot of games with him scoring 50-60 before his teammates got pissed off, and theres no guarantee of pulling off a win if you decide this type of strategy. You also need to take into consideration there are 28 other teams that would need to do this to see how it plays out.

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 05:59 PM
As crazy as it sounds, I'd like to see this at least attempted.

Problem is, you'd need a lot of games with him scoring 50-60 before his teammates got pissed off, and theres no guarantee of pulling off a win if you decide this type of strategy. You also need to take into consideration there are 28 other teams that would need to do this to see how it plays out.
i just want to see some team try it for a series i swear his teammates would not play as hard i know it and i truly believe he would pass just to pass he is not build like kobe where he would just keep playing "selfish"

OldSkoolball#52
04-28-2013, 06:00 PM
If the Heat spread the floor and all the defenders spread out with them, Lebron will just literally back his man down to within 1 foot of the basket, turn around and dunk on him. It doesn't even matter if he has post moves or not. When you have 24 seconds to back someone down without any help coming, you don't need moves. That's all he would do. Box his man back toward the basket, turn around and dunk on him.

Your only hope is to force lower percentage shots from outside. The problem is the Heat make those too. So you're screwed. :lol

K Xerxes
04-28-2013, 06:01 PM
It would result in about 30 dunks for LeBron.

Not a very good idea.

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:04 PM
If the Heat spread the floor and all the defenders spread out with them, Lebron will just literally back his man down to within 1 foot of the basket, turn around and dunk on him. It doesn't even matter if he has post moves or not. When you have 24 seconds to back someone down without any help coming, you don't need moves. That's all he would do. Box his man back toward the basket, turn around and dunk on him.

Your only hope is to force lower percentage shots from outside. The problem is the Heat make those too. So you're screwed. :lol
remember i said a team with a good defender that bothers lebron teams like the warriors couldn't do this scheme.Lets say the hawks do this with josh smith i think it could work they would lose playing normal anyway why not try this?

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:06 PM
It would result in about 30 dunks for LeBron.

Not a very good idea.
get his DI*K out of your mouth geezzzzzzzz. IM A FAN OF HIS BUT HE IS NOT THIS PROLIFIC SCORER YALL THINK HE IS HE IS NOT JUST GONA GET DUNKS EVERY PLAY STOP BEING STANS and sorry for snappin on you

inclinerator
04-28-2013, 06:06 PM
u shuld be an nba coach, i think u would do well

LikeABosh
04-28-2013, 06:07 PM
get his DI*K out of your mouth geezzzzzzzz. IM A FAN OF HIS BUT HE IS NOT THIS PROLIFIC SCORER YALL THINK HE IS HE IS NOT JUST GONA GET DUNKS EVERY PLAY STOP BEING STANS and sorry for snappin on you
He would get to the rim even more and reek havoc. He'd get teams into huge foul trouble and kick it out for threes all day.

chosen_one6

That would work really well in streetball.

In the NBA, you can only back someone down for 5 seconds and then it's a turnover.

Im so nba'd out
u shuld be an nba coach, i think u would do well
eat one

Trollsmasher
Great idea OP. I am sure it would work, just like it worked with every other superstar in history....

:biggums:

future negged

KyrieTheFuture
04-28-2013, 06:09 PM
If no one helped on him he would drive to the basket 100% of the time what a terrible defensive strategy.

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:09 PM
He would get to the rim even more and reek havoc. He'd get teams into huge foul trouble and kick it out for threes all day.
he couldnt kick it out for 3's everyone is staying home did you read anything i wrote?

leMVP
04-28-2013, 06:11 PM
it won't happen or it won't matter, because you will then give lebron a free pass to drive, and he's the leading scorer in pts in paint this season, lebron won't fell in the trap of long jumpshots again like the dallas series.

tmacattack33
04-28-2013, 06:12 PM
why not just try staying home never helping on him.Lets say you have a shawn marion or a jimmy butler who aren't intimidated by lebron.Everyone just stays home and let him keep going 1 on 1 whats the most he will get 50?60? Thats not enough to outscore a team and if you did this over a series i actually think his teammates would become miserable he already dominates the ball and now he wouldnt pass cause no 1 is open.Either A his teammates would eventually stop trying as hard or B he would just pass even if they are covered cause he is not use to playing "selfish".I just wish some nba coach would try this with a good defender that bothers him a little.THE MAN CANNOT OUT SCORE A TEAM BY HIMSELF IDC WHAT NO 1 SAYS HE IS NOT GOING FOR 90 EVERY GAME and im a fan of his

Lebron's vision is elite. He can find open people even when he isn't double teamed and someone is obviously open.

LikeABosh
he couldnt kick it out for 3's everyone is staying home did you read anything i wrote?
They would have to collapse in the paint or Lebron would get literally 20+ layups/Dunks. You can't just stay at home vs. a player like Lebron. What a great basketball mind you have....:coleman:

Im so nba'd out
If no one helped on him he would drive to the basket 100% of the time what a terrible defensive strategy.
do you really think lebron could play 1 on 1 4 str8 games without passing and every one on the court would be ok watching it and what if you had a mismatch out there for no reason example lets say i put shumpert on haslem(lets just say him and jsmoove was on the same team) you think lebron would just keep going one on one with d wade on the court and haslem having a 6'4 guard on him and no 1 is getting the ball just sitting and watching

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:13 PM
do you really think lebron could play 1 on 1 4 str8 games without passing and every one on the court would be ok watching it and what if you had a mismatch out there for no reason example lets say i put shumpert on haslem(lets just say him and jsmoove was on the same team) you think lebron would just keep going one on one with d wade on the court and haslem having a 6'4 guard on him and no 1 is getting the ball just sitting and watching

chosen_one6
04-28-2013, 06:14 PM

I think the pick and roll would destroy this.

If you switch = mismatch

If you don't = easy bucket and/or possible foul

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:15 PM
They would have to collapse in the paint or Lebron would get literally 20+ layups/Dunks. You can't just stay at home vs. a player like Lebron. What a great basketball mind you have....:coleman:
THATS 40 POINTS THATS NOT ENOUGH TO OUTSCORE A TEAM READ WHAT YOU JUST WROTE YOUR MAKING MY POINT

OldSkoolball#52
04-28-2013, 06:15 PM
remember i said a team with a good defender that bothers lebron teams like the warriors couldn't do this scheme.Lets say the hawks do this with josh smith i think it could work they would lose playing normal anyway why not try this?

Because Smith, or any player in this scenario, will have fouled out before the end of the first quarter.

KyrieTheFuture
04-28-2013, 06:16 PM

Holy **** learn how to type please

WTF kind of retard scenario is that?

Is this real life?

LikeABosh
04-28-2013, 06:16 PM
THATS 40 POINTS THATS NOT ENOUGH TO OUTSCORE A TEAM READ WHAT YOU JUST WROTE YOUR MAKING MY POINT
I forgot no other player on the team can score the basketball...:biggums:

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:17 PM
I think the pick and roll would destroy this.

If you switch = mismatch

If you don't = easy bucket and/or possible foul

go under all the picks every single time no matter what

FLDFSU
04-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Let's see...couldn't you do this with any top NBA player.

Dirk, Kobe, Paul, Durant?

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:18 PM
lebron is getting 1 on 1 coverage all game why would chalmers try to score.....lebron has a better chance than him

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Let's see...couldn't you do this with any top NBA player.

Dirk, Kobe, Paul, Durant?
HELL NO DURANT KOBE AND DIRK WOULD KEEP SCORING CP3 AND LEBRON NOT BUILD LIKE THEM AND THEIR TEAMMATES ARE NOT USE TO WATCHING THEM GO ONE ON ONE OVER AND OVER.THE OTHER 3 TEAMMATES ARE USE TO IT MATTER FACT I DONT EVEN KNOW IF DIRK WOULD KEEP DOING THIS HE TOO PASSIVE HE WOULD JUST PASS

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Holy **** learn how to type please

WTF kind of retard scenario is that?

Is this real life?
WHAT ARE YOU MY ENGLISH TEACHER?
I GRADUATED FROM HIGHSCHOOL JUST KNOW THAT..... *****

chosen_one6
go under all the picks every single time no matter what

So you're going to give LeBron open jumpers at the elbow and wing all day?

What if they start the PnR at the top of the three point line? Then the defender that goes under the screen is going to be at a stand still while LeBron builds a head of steam. One quick move and LeBron is at the basket.

LikeABosh
lebron is getting 1 on 1 coverage all game why would chalmers try to score.....lebron has a better chance than him
Please just shut up. You really don't know what your talking about.

OldSkoolball#52
04-28-2013, 06:21 PM

dude the opposing team would all foul out the game before lebrons teammates would even have a chance to lose interest.

i admit it's a funny scenario to think about. just the same play over and over again. players on both teams would probably be LOLing and everyone in the crowd would have puzzled looks on their faces. People would start booing.

but theres a reason it hasnt been tried before. im sure many coaches have considered it. it just wouldnt work. it'd certainly be awkward for both teams, but the advantage would be with the heat. heavily.

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Please just shut up. You really don't know what your talking about.
just said someone should try it you shut up

chosen_one6
04-28-2013, 06:24 PM
dude the opposing team would all foul out the game before lebrons teammates would even have a chance to lose interest.

i admit it's a funny scenario to think about. just the same play over and over again. players on both teams would probably be LOLing and everyone in the crowd would have puzzled looks on their faces. People would start booing.

but theres a reason it hasnt been tried before. im sure many coaches have considered it. it just wouldnt work. it'd certainly be awkward for both teams, but the advantage would be with the heat. heavily.

Dat NBA 2K13 :oldlol:

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:25 PM
So you're going to give LeBron open jumpers at the elbow and wing all day?

What if they start the PnR at the top of the three point line? Then the defender that goes under the screen is going to be at a stand still while LeBron builds a head of steam. One quick move and LeBron is at the basket.
i dont believe he would get 90 points doing this and remember he has teammates you dont think he would say damn im hogging the ball and just start passing and letting them get involved.

KyrieTheFuture
04-28-2013, 06:26 PM
WHAT ARE YOU MY ENGLISH TEACHER?
I GRADUATED FROM HIGHSCHOOL JUST KNOW THAT..... *****

:roll:

I'm supposed to be proud of you for graduating high school???

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:27 PM
no 1 else thinks this drunken monkey defense scheme would work in a series but me?yes he would torch this sht if everyone did it all year long im talking about in a 7 game series A DEFENSE HE HAS NEVER SEEN i just dont believe he would shoot every shot i truly dont he is not cold blooded enough to play like that.

chosen_one6
04-28-2013, 06:28 PM
i dont believe he would get 90 points doing this and remember he has teammates you dont think he would say damn im hogging the ball and just start passing and letting them get involved.

I think even if this scenario happened, his teammates would stick with the game plan.

And if coach Spo wanted to throw a wrench in that game plan, he could have D-Wade bring the ball up and do a PnR with LeBron or Bosh.

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:29 PM
:roll:

I'm supposed to be proud of you for graduating high school???
im suppose to be proud that you put punctuation marks

HoopsFanNumero1
:facepalm

FLDFSU
HELL NO DURANT KOBE AND DIRK WOULD KEEP SCORING CP3 AND LEBRON NOT BUILD LIKE THEM AND THEIR TEAMMATES ARE NOT USE TO WATCHING THEM GO ONE ON ONE OVER AND OVER.THE OTHER 3 TEAMMATES ARE USE TO IT MATTER FACT I DONT EVEN KNOW IF DIRK WOULD KEEP DOING THIS HE TOO PASSIVE HE WOULD JUST PASS

So why wouldn't Lebron just keep scoring too? You just said that Lebron would shoot the ball because him going one on one is better than Chamlers going one on one.

And wouldn't Kobe, Dirk, and Durant teammates get frustrated too?

chosen_wun
04-28-2013, 06:30 PM
no 1 else thinks this drunken monkey defense scheme would work in a series but me?yes he would torch this sht if everyone did it all year long im talking about in a 7 game series A DEFENSE HE HAS NEVER SEEN i just dont believe he would shoot every shot i truly dont he is not cold blooded enough to play like that.
Nobody will ever gameplan a superstar like that. It's ridiculously dumb. It's like playing prime Shaq single coverage all game. Whoever is contesting LeBron's shot at the basket is going to get in foul trouble by the end of the first.:facepalm

Name 5 guys in the playoffs who can stay in front of LeBron long enough to make single coverage worth it.

chips93
04-28-2013, 06:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-VzBeOrdAg

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:31 PM
I think even if this scenario happened, his teammates would stick with the game plan.

And if coach Spo wanted to throw a wrench in that game plan, he could have D-Wade bring the ball up and do a PnR with LeBron or Bosh.
no you play normal help defense on everyone else basically this whole defense banks on the fact that lebron wont be "selfish" and keep going one on one

Trollsmasher
04-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Fail thread of the postseason so far. OP is absolutely idiotic:facepalm

Nash
04-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Is OP for real? What the hell does he think this means that the other players will have 0 points and Lebron 50 and that is it for Miami?

FLDFSU
04-28-2013, 06:33 PM

Also you are forgetting there is this thing called plays in the NBA. There are ways of getting ray allen free (even for a .1 second) for an open (for him) look at the basket.

Also you are giving Wade and Bosh a lot of one on one looks too.

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:35 PM
So why wouldn't Lebron just keep scoring too? You just said that Lebron would shoot the ball because him going one on one is better than Chamlers going one on one.

And wouldn't Kobe, Dirk, and Durant teammates get frustrated too?
kobe teammates do get frustrated all i have to say is dwight howard look @ the dumb stuff metta does because he never gets the ball.Why do you think westbrook plays the way he does he does get a little frustrated not getting the ball and he is actually open half the time.

Straight_Ballin
04-28-2013, 06:37 PM
OP's sounds like he's straight out of Camden NJ. Surely he has more knowledge than an NBA coach and is in position to question their judgement! :lol

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Also you are forgetting there is this thing called plays in the NBA. There are ways of getting ray allen free (even for a .1 second) for an open (for him) look at the basket.

Also you are giving Wade and Bosh a lot of one on one looks too.

ok thats your goal to get the heat to play different make them change how they play slow the tempo and like i said you play normal help defense when every 1 else have the ball.HEAT DONT WANT TO WALK UP THE COURT AND JUST RUN PLAYS OVER AND OVER

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:38 PM
OP's sounds like he's straight out of Camden NJ. Surely he has more knowledge than an NBA coach and is in position to question their judgement! :lol
i live in camden county not the city what im suppose to be impressed that you know a city in new jersey?

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Is OP for real? What the hell does he think this means that the other players will have 0 points and Lebron 50 and that is it for Miami?
no...........

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Not a bad idea. Let Lebron get his and make his teammates beat you. IIRC, Orlando did this to the Cavs in '09.

Himan12
04-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Bosh and wade are still on the team though...

ThatsGame
04-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Your goal on defense is to get stops and lowering the amount of high percentage shots.

This does just the opposite.

You know why no teams do this? Because it's ****ing retarded.

Straight_Ballin
04-28-2013, 06:46 PM
no...........

I'll say it again, just slower so that you understand this time.

THIS...PISS...POOR....IDEA.....HAS...NO....CHANCE. ...IN...HELL....OF....EVER...WORKING!

If it did, it would have already been tried. The reasons why it has not been tried have already been stated.

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-VzBeOrdAg
i dont remember this series that much it was a year ago but if they truly ran this defense and were up 3-2 WITH PAUL PIERCE THAT PROVES IT WORKS.1 the truth cant guard lebron 2 he is taking jumper after jumper he just had a hot game didnt rondo go for 40 in this series it happens 3 if one of the best defensive teams in the league would try it IT CANT BE THAT DUMB OF A SCHEME.I didnt watch your whole video just the 1st 2 or 3 minutes i also said u would have to have a good defender who bothers lebron not a 33 yr old who he drops 30+ on every single time they play

LikeABosh
Not a bad idea. Let Lebron get his and make his teammates beat you. IIRC, Orlando did this to the Cavs in '09.
expect this team has Wade and Bosh and guys like Allen, Battier etc that can come off screen for threes. :oldlol:

FLDFSU
I remember a couple of years ago when a NFL Defensive Coordinator game planned for Tom Brady by "forcing Brady" to beat them. He never called a blitz or changed coverage or in any way gave Brady another look. Basically one on one the entire game.

By halftime the Pats was mostly running the ball trying to run out the clock.

That Defensive Coordinator is now coaching linebackers at a DIV-II school.

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:48 PM
I'll say it again, just slower so that you understand this time.

THIS...PISS...POOR....IDEA.....HAS...NO....CHANCE. ...IN...HELL....OF....EVER...WORKING!

If it did, it would have already been tried. The reasons why it has not been tried have already been stated.
watching video it looks like it has been tried and ill say this slow

eat.....a......dk

TheCorporation
04-28-2013, 06:52 PM

LeBron got 27 ppg on 56% while being double-teamed.

Keep him on a 1-on-1 basis? You're looking at 60 ppg on 75% :lol

arifgokcen
04-28-2013, 06:53 PM
@Im so nba'd out

Dude you know lebron is by far the best finisher in the league he could very well be the best finisher of all time he has a higher fg% around the rim than shaq even though its a very slim margin.

Lebron in the paint (dont forget the amount of fouls drawn) is the most efficient shot in the basketball.There is simply no one that can stop him one on one he will go to rim everytime and beat you by himself

FLDFSU
04-28-2013, 06:53 PM

No. Orlando very much doubled teamed Lebron. The Cavs couldn't hit open shots.

And the difference is in Miami Wade, Bosh, and Allen can beat you one on one.

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 06:54 PM
WHOEVER POSTED A LINK TO THAT VIDEO THANK YOU I SEE THAT THE DEFENSE WOULD WORK HE IS SETTLING FOR JUMPERS AND THIS WAS PROLLY HIS BEST GAME OF THE PLAYOFFS OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD EVERY 1 WHO SAID (mocks voice)no nba team would ever try this watch that video AND THAT TEAM WAS UP 3-2 which means they prolly ran it the whole series.Now like i said if you actually had a good defender THAT BOTHERS HIM (jimmy butler shawn marion tony allen) only 3 people i can think of off the top of my head it could beat the heat

link to video he just went the hell off this game i dont see him just blowing by slow azz paul pierce every play can i get a apology from ne 1? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-VzBeOrdAg

Straight_Ballin
04-28-2013, 06:56 PM
watching video it looks like it has been tried and ill say this slow

eat.....a......dk

You can watch all the video you want. Your idea isn't going to work against this Heat team. Get it through your ****ing head already!

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 07:00 PM
he is not the prolific scorer yall think he is....there is a reason why no 1 calls him the best scorer in the league ppl dont even bring up his name he is the best player though

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 07:04 PM
@Im so nba'd out

Dude you know lebron is by far the best finisher in the league he could very well be the best finisher of all time he has a higher fg% around the rim than shaq even though its a very slim margin.

Lebron in the paint (dont forget the amount of fouls drawn) is the most efficient shot in the basketball.There is simply no one that can stop him one on one he will go to rim everytime and beat you by himself
i respect people like you who disagreed in a respectful manner it was several people who did all my negative responses are not directed towards you guys

chosen_wun
04-28-2013, 07:04 PM
he is not the prolific scorer yall think he is....there is a reason why no 1 calls him the best scorer in the league ppl dont even bring up his name he is the best player though
That doesn't matter at all. Being dominant is better more revered than being a prolific scorer.

LeBron penetrating with single coverage = your gonna get dominated.

Trollsmasher
04-28-2013, 07:05 PM

You understand that there would be no rim protection if the opposing team settled to this? Bosh would be sitting somewhere outside the paint with his defender on him.

Highway to the basket for LeBron.

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 07:05 PM
You can watch all the video you want. Your idea isn't going to work against this Heat team. Get it through your ****ing head already!
your still talking to me? i dont give a damn what anybody who sucks lebron off thinks GET IT TROUGH YOUR ****ING HEAD ALREADY!

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 07:08 PM
You understand that there would be no rim protection if the opposing team settled to this? Bosh would be sitting somewhere outside the paint with his defender on him.

Highway to the basket for LeBron.
he wont just keep blowing by tony allen and even if he does the most he would score is 60 and i doubt that I TRULY BELIEVE OUTSIDE OF WADE AND BOSH EVERY ONE ELSE WOULD JUST GIVE THE BALL TO LEBRON SINCE HE HAS 1 ON 1'S ALL GAME.you can say what you want but people on the team would become miserable and not play as hard

jzek
04-28-2013, 07:10 PM
OP, don't you think the all those other NBA coaches with a combined experience of over hundreds of years of coaching would have thought of that and knew it wasn't going to work?

LBJFTW
04-28-2013, 07:14 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
:wtf:
:biggums: :biggums:

LOL this has got to be the most idiotic suggestion I've ever read on these boards. Absolutely horrible strategy that would NOT work. I don't know where you buy your weed, but please lay off it before posting. :oldlol:

Da KO King
04-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Not going to insult you because you're just spit balling an idea but it wouldn't work. Part of the reason a guy like Jimmy Butler can attempt to defend so aggressively is because of the help defenders he knows will be there. Without those help defenders the game becomes LeBron running to the rim when he sees that NO ONE will help no matter what.

Not only that but you now have to decide what to do any screen (on or off ball) that LeBron receives or sets. You would literally have to create and apply a defensive system/philosophy on the fly and then fix the holes as they pop up. It's a HUGE task for a coaching staff to pull off.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-28-2013, 07:23 PM
No. Orlando very much doubled teamed Lebron. The Cavs couldn't hit open shots.

And the difference is in Miami Wade, Bosh, and Allen can beat you one on one.

That's true.

Look. I'm not saying do it EVERY possession. That wouldn't work. Fact is, though, Miami has all kinds of shooters; they should at least think about doing this when they're playing Ray Allen and/or Miller. Guys who can REALLY space the floor.

*typing on this phone really ****ing sucks

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 07:25 PM
That's true.

Look. I'm not saying do it EVERY possession. That wouldn't work. Fact is, though, Miami has all kinds of shooters on the floor; they should at least think about doing this when guys like Ray Allen and/or Miller are on the floor. Guys who can REALLY space the floor.
i would only run this defense if he has shooters on the floors if he has haslem d wade norris cole and birdman of course i wouldnt run this defense you want them to shoot

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 07:30 PM
if he keeps driving you would just back off him these are elite defenders im naming YOUR WHOLE GOAL OF THIS DEFENSE IS FOR HIM TO GET NO 1 ELSE INVOLVED HOPE HE SETTLES FOR JUMPERS AND PRAY HIS TEAMMATE STOP TRYING.Its a mental defense you hope that either lebron is weak minded and will just not like taking every shot or that his teammates stop playing as hard.Of course in theory he would just drive every time and all of his teammates would be ok with not getting the ball but thats not real.Anyone who plays basketball knows if you truly feel your a good player (which i know 90% of the team thinks) you wont want to just be out there to just stand there and watch someone else score

Da KO King
04-28-2013, 07:32 PM
A defense that is depending on a mental breakdown to get stops/win the game is doomed to feel.

Lebron23
04-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Watch LeBron vs. 2009 Orlando Magic. I think he averaged 39/8/8 on 50 FG% againts The no.1 defensive team in the NBA. Pootang Ina!! If Cleveland LeBron had a supporting casts that's as good as 2009 and 2010 Kobe. 2009 LeBron vs. Orlando magic >> 2009 Kobe vs. Orlando Magic in a playoffs series.

Lebron23
04-28-2013, 07:39 PM
if he keeps driving you would just back off him these are elite defenders im naming YOUR WHOLE GOAL OF THIS DEFENSE IS FOR HIM TO GET NO 1 ELSE INVOLVED HOPE HE SETTLES FOR JUMPERS AND PRAY HIS TEAMMATE STOP TRYING.Its a mental defense you hope that either lebron is weak minded and will just not like taking every shot or that his teammates stop playing as hard.Of course in theory he would just drive every time and all of his teammates would be ok with not getting the ball but thats not real.Anyone who plays basketball knows if you truly feel your a good player (which i know 90% of the team thinks) you wont want to just be out there to just stand there and watch someone else score

I think you are one of the dumbest posters here in this forum. Go F*ck yourself. Did you watch LeBron againts the Boston Celtics last year in a do or die game?

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 07:42 PM
A defense that is depending on a mental breakdown to get stops/win the game is doomed to feel.
if you are the hawks playing the heat in 7 a game series and down 0-2 why not try a defense like this any team who have a legit shot of beating the heat shouldnt run this defense

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 07:43 PM
I think you are one of the dumbest posters here in this forum. Go F*ck yourself. Did you watch LeBron againts the Boston Celtics last year in a do or die game?
your obviously a lebron dk sucker i couldnt change your mind about him in a billion years go whipe his sperm off your lips bch

Lebron23
04-28-2013, 07:46 PM
your obviously a lebron dk sucker i couldnt change your mind about him in a billion years go whipe his sperm off your lips bch

And you are a flaming f@got. This is a very stupid thread.

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 07:50 PM
And you are an ugly looking homosexual.
location LeBronville.....:lol what type of ****** are you what grown man puts that KILL YOURSELF

Lebron23
04-28-2013, 07:53 PM
location LeBronville.....:lol what type of ****** are you what grown man puts that KILL YOURSELF

Go back to the Kitchen!!!

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Go back to the Kitchen!!!
im not going back and forth with you kid i dont argue with people from LeBronville...:roll: your a dk sucking ****** and you love the attention

Lebron23
04-28-2013, 08:09 PM
One Man Army LeBron vs. 2009 Orlando Magic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPT6QxoxEZg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dshwrkS3Ig8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqJOf9v2e_s

Mo Williams was not even as good as Lamar Odom. (Kobe's 3rd scoring option)

uoykcuf
04-28-2013, 08:39 PM

Talk about a one man show, christ. That Orlando team was loaded. Swap D12 and LeBron and that team would stomp on anyone.

Alston/Nelson
Lee/Reddick
Hedo/Pietrus
James/Lewis
Gortat

pauk
04-28-2013, 08:54 PM

I dont know what Lebron you have been watching but if nobody sends a double-team/help or trap behind that opponent infront of him then Lebron is 100% guaranteed blowing & overpowering by the poor lonely soul... he doesnt worry about that 1 guy infront, he worries about those other 4 guys behind him lining up for help, traps and diving in for charges......

Lebron is not Kobe or Durant or Carmelo, he will not settle with the jumpshot unless there is no other choice or he is on fire or something, its not like he cant hit them but he wants the highest % shot humanly possible per possession for his team or himself and he can do that better than anybody.... thats why opposing teams would rather send an entire village to stand in his way to hinder the highest % shot he would inevitably had resulting in lesser % shots (even if wideopen) for his teammates...

Now, this works on any scorer, because they would settle for a jumpshot instead or be forced to throw the ball away to the nearest teammate to make a play himself........... but not Lebron, because of his court vision/passing skills/unselfishness YOU dont make him give the ball up, he makes YOU scramble so he can create for somebody else..... he will infact often bait the double-team so he can specifically lazer-beam crosscourt pass it to a specific player or intentionally drive inside right in on the obvious trap he recognised just to drop it of to the cutting player....

This is exactly what makes Lebron the best overall offensive player on the planet...

Im so nba'd out
04-28-2013, 11:36 PM
I dont know what Lebron you have been watching but if nobody sends a double-team/help or trap behind that opponent infront of him then Lebron is 100% guaranteed blowing & overpowering by the poor lonely soul... he doesnt worry about that 1 guy infront, he worries about those other 4 guys behind him lining up for help, traps and diving in for charges......

Lebron is not Kobe or Durant or Carmelo, he will not settle with the jumpshot unless there is no other choice or he is on fire or something, its not like he cant hit them but he wants the highest % shot humanly possible per possession for his team or himself and he can do that better than anybody.... thats why opposing teams would rather send an entire village to stand in his way to hinder the highest % shot he would inevitably had resulting in lesser % shots (even if wideopen) for his teammates...

Now, this works on any scorer, because they would settle for a jumpshot instead or be forced to throw the ball away to the nearest teammate to make a play himself........... but not Lebron, because of his court vision/passing skills/unselfishness YOU dont make him give the ball up, he makes YOU scramble so he can create for somebody else..... he will infact often bait the double-team so he can specifically lazer-beam crosscourt pass it to a specific player or intentionally drive inside right in on the obvious trap he recognised just to drop it of to the cutting player....

This is exactly what makes Lebron the best overall offensive player on the planet...
great post cant hate on anything you said he is the best and i would love a team to try the defense i was describing

Hoopz2332
04-28-2013, 11:43 PM

:applause:

Pointguard
04-29-2013, 01:25 AM

Those clips are really good. He was a different player then. A bit more awesome than I remembered.

Hoopz2332
05-02-2013, 05:35 AM
Because lebron can get to rim all day if you don't help

In the fourth quarter of the Heat's series clincher against the Milwaukee Bucks on Sunday, LeBron James dribbled around Chris Andersen after the big man came up high to set the pick-and-roll. Over in the left corner, Ray Allen hid in his favorite spot while James penetrated the Bucks' defense toward the paint.

James gained steam, and Allen waited in the corner. If this were chess, the Heat just called “check.”

Do you collapse into the paint and help create a human shield in front of the rim? Or do you stick on Allen in the corner and hope for the best with James barreling toward the basket? Which door do you choose?

This is what the Heat try to accomplish on every possession: force the defense to make difficult decisions. And this one might be the most vexing problem of all to solve. Sure enough, Monta Ellis opted for the first door: Ellis shaded toward the paint and left Allen open briefly in the corner.

Checkmate.

James hit Allen, Allen hit the shot.

The corner 3 may be the most important shot in the game, ranking right up there with a typical layup in terms of efficiency. It yields a similar payoff to a point-blank shot, and research shows that corner 3 attempts correlate more strongly with successful offenses than layups do. At its best, the Heat's offense pressures the opposition in such a way that the defense must pick their poison between stopping James’ penetration or preventing his passes to the corner.

This quandary is why SportVU’s 3-D tracking cameras found that James' drives, which produced 1.68 points per drive, were more efficient than those of any other NBA player this season. Stopping a driving James is the basketball equivalent of slowing down an armored tank that’s equipped with passes that dart like homing missiles.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/17492/bulls-can-stop-one-of-heats-top-weapons

retaxis
05-02-2013, 06:08 AM
Lol this kid is stupid as sh1t. People tell you the truth and you just ignore it like you have some sort of superiority self belief complex. Grow the fk up, if 32 coaches who are collectively paid hundreds of millions can not stop lebron your stupid a22 who passed high school (ROFL) couldn't even get a job changing their toilet paper. Now stfu and stop acting like a c0cky bastard.

Im so nba'd out
05-06-2013, 09:25 PM
cough cough.....he really cant score the way people think he can when you got someone who is not intimidated by him or physically out matched stay home on the shooters he cant score like how people think he can.HE IS STILL THE BEST cause only like 5 ppl can guard him in the league and when you got someone on him who cant check him he can get do whatever he wants

NBASTATMAN
05-06-2013, 10:07 PM

This would only work if he was playing with bad teammates..

Dro
05-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Bump for all the idiots who called the OP an idiot, lol..

Lebron23
05-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Bump for all the idiots who called the OP an idiot, lol..

The series is not yet over. Last year LeBron and the Heat without Bosh beat a healthy Pacers team in the 2nd round. Let's have a 1 year ban bet that Miami will beat the Pacers again if they meet in the ECF.

Im so nba'd out
05-07-2013, 12:35 AM
people called me worst things den idiot :cry: insulted me way worst i just want a apology please i mean i even said jimmy butler name if that aint worth it alone

Im so nba'd out
05-07-2013, 12:36 AM
The series is not yet over. Last year LeBron and the Heat without Bosh beat a healthy Pacers team in the 2nd round. Let's have a 1 year ban bet that Miami will beat the Pacers again if they meet in the ECF.
you have anything to say to me sir?

Im so nba'd out
05-07-2013, 12:39 AM
the hate this man had for me you would think i insulted his child or something look at how he talked to me

Dro
Don't know what the Pacers have to do with anything:confusedshrug: Are you really that hurt that you bring up the Pacers and last year when we're talking about the BULLS and THIS year? The guy was right for 1 game. Doesn't change the fact that he was right when everyone was calling him an idiot...People should just own up to it, it aint that hard....:confusedshrug:

Lebron23
you have anything to say to me sir?

See you in Game 2.

Dro
05-07-2013, 12:40 AM
the hate this man had for me you would think i was insulted his child or something look at how he talked to me
:lol dude is pathetic...

Dro
05-07-2013, 12:41 AM
See you in Game 2.
You are a joke. This man just quoted all the bs you said to him, the insults you hurled at him for no reason, and you still can't even own up to it....Never seen a worse Lebron stan than you :bowdown:

Im so nba'd out
05-07-2013, 12:41 AM
See you in Game 2.
come on bro the fact that it even worked one game you owe me 1 :D

Im so nba'd out
05-07-2013, 12:43 AM
You are a joke. This man just quoted all the bs you said to him, the insults you hurled at him for no reason, and you still can't even own up to it....Never seen a worse Lebron stan than you :bowdown:
im a fan of his i know lebron is the best i just fuking hate stans.I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN BE SO DEVOTED TO SOMEONE THAT WHEN I SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THEM STANS FEEL IM INSULTING THEM IT MAKES NO SENSE. GET THE MAN'S DK OUT OF YOUR MOUTH THAT GOES TO KOBE STANS TOO

lebeast666
05-07-2013, 12:45 AM

No need to worry about the ECF. Miami still haven't proven that they can beat the Bulls with confidence. They gotta do it 4x and they haven't shown anything promising in the games they've played this season.

Mr. Jabbar
05-07-2013, 12:46 AM
the hate this man had for me you would think i insulted his child or something look at how he talked to me

lebron23 is unstable which leads his personal attacks to the next level... in a sense, hes like that n. korean leader only with no missiles but a dildo

Im so nba'd out
05-07-2013, 12:47 AM
lebron23 is unstable which leads his personal attacks to the next level... in a sense, hes like that n. korean leader only with no missiles but a dildo
i never had a problem with him before because i guess i never said anything bad about lebron or the heat but now i see

Mr. Jabbar
05-07-2013, 12:49 AM
i never had a problem with him before because i guess i never said anything bad about lebron or the heat but now i see

he has straight out wished death on other posters multiple times, trust me, if he actually knew voodoo i would be dead already...

Im so nba'd out
05-07-2013, 12:50 AM
he has straight out wished death on other posters multiple times, trust me, if he actually knew voodoo i would be dead already...
lol really laughed @ that

jcsrplumply
05-07-2013, 12:51 AM
See you in Game 2.
Come on dude.. Your Cavs aren't playing. :facepalm

Im so nba'd out
05-07-2013, 12:56 AM

told you they wouldnt shoot if he had a mismatch they want to win and lebron going one on one is better then bosh,chalmers and ray allen going one on one

Im so nba'd out
05-07-2013, 12:57 AM
not 1 person is going to apologize its sad

Dro
05-07-2013, 01:33 AM
:lol

The Sting
05-07-2013, 01:56 AM
not 1 person is going to apologize its sad
Well you did say you'd like to see it done in a series. This one isnt over yet. The personal attacks tho. No comment

j3lademaster
05-07-2013, 01:57 AM
people called me worst things den idiot :cry: insulted me way worst i just want a apology please i mean i even said jimmy butler name if that aint worth it aloneBecause the only ones who got butthurt enough to just insult you without intelligently discussing it are Lebron stans. They're not exactly known for their class. You won't get any apology.

j3lademaster
05-07-2013, 01:58 AM
lebron23 is unstable which leads his personal attacks to the next level... in a sense, hes like that n. korean leader only with no missiles but a dildoPlease post the death threats the dude messages you for this post. We can all use the lulz:cheers:

stephanieg
05-07-2013, 02:41 AM
Not about LeBron in particular, but I always thought doubling post ups was kinda silly. Even a shitty passer like Howard could pass to cutters for layups or wide open three pointers. And guys like Duncan, Shaq, KG, etc. would just eviscerate you. It's even dumber when teams run doubles at scrubs posting up.

I'd agree that you shouldn't run guys at star perimeter players, unless it's a surprise trap or something. Encourage them to take the long two.

You gotta help on penetration though, it's trivially easy to beat your man nowadays.

Hoopz2332
09-24-2013, 07:31 AM
it won't happen or it won't matter, because you will then give lebron a free pass to drive, and he's the leading scorer in pts in paint this season, lebron won't fell in the trap of long jumpshots again like the dallas series.

everything you said here is exactly what The Spurs/Pop tried to bait lebron into by sagging so far off. Pop knew he would get raped by lebrons ability to shred the defense and since they lacked rim protection unlike the Pacers and Bulls, lebron would have a dunk/layup fest. When Pop was actually forced to play real man defense on lebron when the heat had the lineup of shooters + Lebron, Lebron went to the track with ease against the likes of Diaw in game 6 4th qtr.

Im so nba'd out
06-13-2014, 09:12 AM
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a609/chimade95/drake_zps0477f8c4.png

Pointguard
06-13-2014, 11:09 AM
Right now this would be perfect strategy. He's just not going to keep going hard for three games straight.