PDA

View Full Version : List of players with 4 MVPs.

SavageMode
04-29-2013, 04:57 AM
Kareem
Jordan
Russell
Wilt

Lebron is joining this group soon.

Where Kobrick achilles heel at?:roll: :roll:

Yankstar
04-29-2013, 05:02 AM
Kareem
Jordan
Russell
Wilt

5>1
:facepalm

HarryCallahan
04-29-2013, 05:08 AM
D-Rose is an MVP. Why do you put any emphasis on this meaningless award?

plowking
04-29-2013, 05:15 AM

MVP is the most prestigious award in basketball. Any sport for that matter.

leMVP
04-29-2013, 05:28 AM
5>1

7>5

Horry says hi :rolleyes:

dbk123
04-29-2013, 05:28 AM
5>1
3>1

soon to be 3>2

u mad bruh? :banana:

HarryCallahan
04-29-2013, 05:36 AM

:coleman:

chips93
04-29-2013, 05:48 AM
i know this has been said already, but whatever, but man its lame that like 75% of topics here at some point, just devolve into kobe-lebron?

dont you guys get tired of re-hashing the same arguments over and over?

Bandito
04-29-2013, 05:49 AM
Why do you include Kobe in this thread when he doesn't even apply? You could say the same thing about Duncan, why are you so insecure.

Shepseskaf
04-29-2013, 06:28 AM
:coleman:
It is the most prestigious award in basketball -- for the most part. Just look at the list of winners.

Of course, like anything else, there are weaker selections at times but that doesn't diminish the award itself.

gengiskhan
04-29-2013, 06:36 AM
Kareem
Jordan
Russell
Wilt

busy paper working him towards permanent retirement. It'll take a yr of paper work though. :roll:

Dat achilles heel is a beetchBE!

ripthekik
04-29-2013, 07:02 AM
Well, Steve Nash is pretty close to getting in that list too. Shows you how legit MVP is :rolleyes:

K Xerxes
04-29-2013, 07:04 AM
Well, Steve Nash is pretty close to getting in that list too. Shows you how legit MVP is :rolleyes:

Yeah, not really, he's 39 and has 2 MVPs. He's not close; he's just closer than Kobe.

Yankstar
04-29-2013, 07:11 AM
3>1

soon to be 3>2

u mad bruh? :banana:

So stacked team with pay cuts is stacked?

Straight_Ballin
04-29-2013, 07:16 AM
5>1

No one cares about gifted rings. This is about 4 MVP's. Kobe didn't make the cut. Deal with it!

pauk
04-29-2013, 07:18 AM

4 MVPs is not equal to 1.... and its meaningless only to one group of player fans... despite them loving to contradict themselves by chanting "MVP! MVP! MVP!" each time he is at the FT line....

Lebron23
04-29-2013, 08:33 AM
He's also going to join this club 2 or more Finals MVP

Jordan - 6
Russell - Probably 8 or 9
Shaq - 3
Duncan - 3
Magic - 3
Jabbar - 2
Chamberlain - 2
Bird - 2
Hakeem - 2
Kobe - 2

DaSeba5
04-29-2013, 08:45 AM
You could have had a better thread if you just mentioned that LeBron would be in the same category as those guys. You didn't need to bring up Kobe. The Kobe stans would have posted in this thread anyways.

jzek
04-29-2013, 08:56 AM
5>1

Only because Kobe had:

* A HoF teammate in prime Shaq
* A HoF teammate in prime Pau
* The GOAT coach

That's called being lucky.

Euroleague
04-29-2013, 09:15 AM

Winning titles is much more prestigious. You must be a Peyton Manning fan.

chosen_wun
04-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Yesterday ESPN showed a graphic were LeBron has more playoff games leading his team in points rebounds assists than Jordan, Shaq and Bird COMBINED.

He is the MVP of MVP's.

CanYouDigIt
04-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Luke Walton > Karl Malone

Ne 1
04-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Luke Walton > Karl Malone

:oldlol: Sorry, but winning can only be a criteria for elite players. Players who lead their respective teams with their play and put their team mates into position to excel. Luke Walton was a dispensable bench scrub, he only ever played during garbage time or when the Lakers were up by like 50 pts. Many would say dosen't even belong in the NBA. Comparing him to an elite player like Karl Malone is ridiculous.

For a much better example; is Wilt Chamberlain better than Bill Russell? It's certainly debatable, but a lot of people value winning (the MAIN objective of the game.) As Herm Edwards said "You play to win the game!" You don't play to the game to rack up biased, media driven awards.

Face it, championships are very important. I'm not saying they are the be all end all criteria for ranking players or that it automatically means one player is better than another but the fact of the matter is that they hold a lot of value.

Every top 10 player has multiple titles or at least one ring. The only players that some people will occasionally have in their top 10 that don't have multiple championships are Moses Malone and Oscar Robertson, and they both have 1 ring. The best player that never won a championship is probably either Elgin Baylor or Karl Malone, and nobody ever has them ranked in the top 10.

LongLiveTheKing
04-29-2013, 02:27 PM
What do you know about football?
:lol

HeatFanSince88
04-29-2013, 02:39 PM
He's also going to join this club 2 or more Finals MVP

Jordan - 6
Russell - Probably 8 or 9
Shaq - 3
Duncan - 3
Magic - 3
Jabbar - 2
Chamberlain - 2
Bird - 2
Hakeem - 2
Kobe - 2

Mind as well cut Kobe off that list. Gasol was the Lakers MVP in the 2010 Finals.

duatjsghd
04-29-2013, 02:44 PM
The guys that have 4 mvps
Kareem
Jordan
Russell
Wilt

Some of the guys that have more than 5 rings
Larry Siegfried
Michael Cooper
Robert Horry
Jim Loscutoff

MVP is awarded to great players
while shit players can get rings

:rockon:

Legends66NBA7
04-29-2013, 02:45 PM
I thought it was list of the players of the Big 4 sports with 4 MVP's...

kamil
04-29-2013, 02:48 PM
No one cares about gifted rings.

Well then what about Lebron's(*)?

Gotterdammerung
04-29-2013, 02:57 PM

I'm surprised Kobe Bryant's Achilles isn't already a username on ISH.
:confusedshrug:

Legends66NBA7
04-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Just for fun... here's a look at the other 3 leagues and the players with 4+ MVP's:

NHL

Wayne Gretzky - 9
Gordie Howe - 6
Eddie Shore - 4

NFL

Peyton Manning - 4

MLB

Barry Bonds - 7

chosen_wun
04-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Just for fun... here's a look at the other 3 leagues and the players with 4+ MVP's:

NHL

Wayne Gretzky - 9
Gordie Howe - 6
Eddie Shore - 4

NFL

Peyton Manning - 4

MLB

Barry Bonds - 7The OP is talking about basketball. Who gives af about those sports...

btw everybody on that list deserves those MVP selections except Bonds. I'm not too familiar with Shore though.

Legends66NBA7
04-29-2013, 03:19 PM
The OP is talking about basketball. Who gives af about those sports...

Ugghhh.....

NHL

Wayne Gretzky - 9
Gordie Howe - 6
Eddie Shore - 4

NFL

Peyton Manning - 4

MLB

Barry Bonds - 7

I guess that went over your head ?

Me stating it's just for fun makes the title or the original statement irrelevant, where the other part was just to take a shot at a player.

Were on a basketball forum, but anyways I thought I would chime in about other MVP's to see which league has the most and it turns out to be the basketball one, followed by hockey.

btw everybody on that list deserves those MVP selections except Bonds. I'm not too familiar with Shore though.

Yeah, I can see why Bonds doesn't deserve those selections. Shore won all his MVP's in the 30's, so I can see why most of us wouldn't know too much about him, myself included.

KyleKong
04-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Peyton Manning is the only 4 time MVP in NFL history? :biggums:

:bowdown: :bowdown:

SamuraiSWISH
04-29-2013, 03:24 PM
MJ should've had like a legit 7 or 8 MVPs.

Shaq should've had like 3 or 4 MVPs.

Kobe should've had like 2 or 3 MVPs.

AussieG
04-29-2013, 03:24 PM
A RING in the best award in basketball but that's a team award.

MVP is the best individual award.

KyleKong
04-29-2013, 03:26 PM
MJ should've had like a legit 7 or 8 MVPs.

Shaq should've had like 3 or 4 MVPs.

Kobe should've had like 2 or 3 MVPs.

Shaq could have gotten 10 MVPs if he didn't play half assed for the prime of his career.

What amazes me is Shaq is easily one of the GOATs of the game and he never played to his full potential.

SamuraiSWISH
04-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Shaq could have gotten 10 MVPs if he didn't play half assed for the prime of his career.
But that's what makes him Shaq ... he is lazy. He's just about fun, no hard work. I'm talking about actual performance. That's why I was never a fan, he left so much on the table with his atrocious work ethic.

Shaq should've been MVP in 2001, 2002, and MAYBE 2005.

MJ should've been MVP in '89, '90, '93, '97 ...

Kobe should've been MVP in 2006, or 2007 based just off regular season. If you include reg and post season, I give him the 2008, 2010 MVP ... and MAYBE 2009 (the argument is with LeBron)

Ne 1
04-29-2013, 03:29 PM
The guys that have 4 mvps
MVP is awarded to great players
while shit players can get rings

That's why number of MVPs isn't really all that significant. I think of MVP winners of more like a club... if you're truly great, you'll more than likely get at least 1 MVP, but it's not really about how many you win. Not to mention the media tends to boycott those whom they don't like very much after that first MVP... or absolutely wait until the last second to give them one...and they will hand it out multiple times to players they just like personally i.e. Steve Nash. Shaq, Kobe and Hakeem all only have 1 MVP but have multiple rings which is part of why they're considered to be top 10 players in NBA history, while Moses Malone isn't despite having 3 MVPs he only has 1 ring. Being an MVP winner + number of rings is what get's you recognition.

So while being an MVP is important, number of rings by MVP winners is the standard of which most are judged, not the other way around. Otherwise Moses's 3 MVPs, 1 title would be top 10 all time and he would be ranked ahead of Hakeem, Kobe, Shaq and on par with Magic and Bird. But he's not. In all number of MVPs is just pretty much a popularity vote. If the media doesn't like you, good luck winning more than 1. But there is nothing the media can do to stop an MVP winner from winning multiple championship rings.

MVP winners with the most rings:
Russell (11)
Jordan/Kareem (6)
Magic/Kobe (5)
Shaq/Duncan (4)
Bird (3)
Wilt/Hakeem (2)

Michael Cooper and Robert Horry were good role player, but they can't be compared to elite players who were an MVP winner with multiple rings.

Ne 1
04-29-2013, 03:43 PM
But that's what makes him Shaq ... he is lazy. He's just about fun, no hard work. I'm talking about actual performance. That's why I was never a fan, he left so much on the table with his atrocious work ethic.

Kobe should've been MVP in 2006, or 2007 based just off regular season. If you include reg and post season, I give him the 2008, 2010 MVP ... and MAYBE 2009 (the argument is with LeBron)

I agree with 2001 and I think he maybe has a good case for 2005 and 1995 as well. 2002 I don't agree with though. I felt Jordan deserved MVP in '90 and '97, '93 I would have given it to Hakeem over Barkley.

SamuraiSWISH
04-29-2013, 03:54 PM
'93 I would have given it to Hakeem over Barkley.
Why?

MJ was voted by coaches as the best defender in the league, right there with Hakeem (someone who is the most important position on the floor)

MJ was clearly the superior offensive player, superior playoff performer that season ... too much success to ignore. Especially after coming off basically 2 years of straight basketball.

He lead the first team to a three peat since the Cousy - Russell Celtics. That is MAJOR.

Who do you give the 2002 MVP to?

dh144498
04-29-2013, 03:55 PM
7>5

Horry says hi :rolleyes:

ur right. Horry >>>>> Lechoke.

DMAVS41
04-29-2013, 03:57 PM

what?

on what planet does kobe deserve mvp in 06 or 07? you could argue him as the best player...but absolutely no way he deserved mvp those years. certainly not 07 with Dirk having a 50/40/90 season and leading an average cast to 67 wins. LOL

Fox
04-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Peyton Manning is the only 4 time MVP in NFL history? :biggums:

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Andrew Luck will surpass him :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

jk

HeatFanSince88
04-29-2013, 03:58 PM

Shaq has no case over Duncan for the MVP award in 2002. Gotta factor in postseason play isn't included. He should've won in 2001 and 2005 though.

Kobe shouldn't have any MVPs. In 2006 he was first round trash while Nash led an Amareless Suns team just as deep in the playoffs. 2007 Dirks team had a great regular season record and they were the talk of the league for the majority. This is obviously not taking the playoff choke into account. 2008 Chris Paul was robbed of MVP, and by 2009 LeBron was the unquestioned best player in the league while getting top seeds every year.

SamuraiSWISH
04-29-2013, 04:03 PM
what?

on what planet does kobe deserve mvp in 06 or 07? you could argue him as the best player...but absolutely no way he deserved mvp those years. certainly not 07 with Dirk having a 50/40/90 season and leading an average cast to 67 wins. LOL
Average cast? :oldlol:

Josh Howard 19 ppg
Jason Terry 17 ppg
Jerry Stackhouse 12 ppg
Devin Harris 10 ppg

He had quite the supporting cast. Perfectly built for him, too. Well, apart from interior defense ... which is needed to cover the fact Dirk plays no defense, and can't rebound.

Thus the 2011 championship with Tyson Chandler covering up all of his glaring weaknesses as a player.

You're talking about the first MVP ever to get BOOTED in the 1st round by a #8 seed? Accepting the award not on home court for the conference finals, but in a press room ... looking embarrassed he was the first MVP to accept the award and not be playing.

The same guy being guarded by undersized team of guards and forwards, and couldn't use his 7 foot frame to abused Stephen Jackson? ...

Yea, clear cut MVP. I thought Kobe, Nash, and Duncan had more of an argument in 2007 as it pertains to the regular season performance on an individual level. When you include the playoffs? It's between Nash and Duncan. Kobe had an atrocious supporting cast and lost to a SUPERIOR team.

Dirk got CLOWNED by an 8th seed and lost in the first round with a roster that was good enough to win 67 games. Fraud ass MVP award.

:oldlol:

DMAVS41
04-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Average cast? :oldlol:

Josh Howard 19 ppg
Jason Terry 17 ppg
Jerry Stackhouse 12 ppg
Devin Harris 10 ppg

He had quite the supporting cast. Perfectly built for him, too. Well, apart from interior defense ... which is needed to cover the fact Dirk plays no defense, and can't rebound.

Thus the 2011 championship with Tyson Chandler covering up all of his glaring weaknesses as a player.

You're talking about the first MVP ever to get BOOTED in the 1st round by a #8 seed? Accepting the award not on home court for the conference finals, but in a press room ... looking embarrassed he was the first MVP to accept the award and not be playing.

The same guy being guarded by undersized team of guards and forwards, and couldn't use his 7 foot frame to abused Stephen Jackson? ...

Yea, clear cut MVP. I thought Kobe, Nash, and Duncan had more of an argument in 2007 as it pertains to the regular season performance on an individual level. When you include the playoffs? It's between Nash and Duncan. Kobe had an atrocious supporting cast and lost to a SUPERIOR team.

Dirk got CLOWNED by an 8th seed and lost in the first round with a roster that was good enough to win 67 games. Fraud ass MVP award.

:oldlol:

The MVP is a regular season award you ****ing moron. Dirk was absolutely the clear cut MVP.

Go ahead and look at the teams that have won 67 or more games in the regular season in the NBA all time. You will find that the 07 Mavs are easily the worst.

Easily. If the 07 supporting cast was so great. How do you rate Kobe's in 09? Or Lebron's last year and this year? I mean...if the 07 Mavs can win 67. Those teams should win 75 or more....because they are significantly better from top to bottom.

Again. One of the best regular season records ever with a good, but hardly great cast. And one of the handful of 50/40/90 seasons in NBA history.

But yea...Kobe has an argument over that.

****ing moron.

SamuraiSWISH
04-29-2013, 04:11 PM
The MVP is a regular season award you ****ing moron. Dirk was absolutely the clear cut MVP.
Dirk is the first player in history to win MVP on a 67 win team and lose in the first round with a superior team to an 8th seed in the playoffs.

It didn't even go 7 games. They flat out got their ass kicked, and the MVP couldn't even dominate Stephen Jackson.

Fraud MVP award if there ever was one ... absolutely embarrassing. At least Iverson got to the Finals in 2001, CB34 got the Suns to the Finals in '93, Malone in '97 ... Rose got the Bulls to the ECF in 2011, and Kobe got the Lakers to the Finals in 2008.

Dirk lost in the first round to a weaker team, and couldn't even put up dominating numbers to will his team to AT LEAST make it go seven.

Straight up pathetic MVP award in 2007. Dirk should've returned it to Stern after losing to the Warriors.

DMAVS41
04-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Dirk is the first player in history to win MVP on a 67 win team and lose in the first round with a superior team to an 8th seed in the playoffs.

It didn't even go 7 games. They flat out got their ass kicked, and the MVP couldn't even dominate Stephen Jackson.

Fraud MVP award if there ever was one ... absolutely embarrassing. At least Iverson got to the Finals in 2001, CB34 got the Suns to the Finals in '93, Malone in '97 ... Rose got the Bulls to the ECF in 2011, and Kobe got the Lakers to the Finals in 2008.

Dirk lost in the first round to a weaker team, and couldn't even put up dominating numbers to will his team to AT LEAST make it go seven.

Straight up pathetic MVP award in 2007. Dirk should've returned it to Stern after losing to the Warriors.

Are you really this stupid? What a player does in the playoffs has absolutely nothing to do with being the MVP of the regular season.

I just can't take the stupidity. How can someone old enough to form sentences not understand the concept. I don't care if Lebron shoots 0% for the rest of the playoffs. He's still the clear cut MVP of the regular season this year.

Please tell me you are trolling...please tell me you are not this stupid.

SamuraiSWISH
04-29-2013, 04:15 PM
I will re-iterate for the German Dirk groupies / Hasselhoff fans ...

This guy lost in the FIRST round w/ a 67 win team to an 8th seed, and didn't even put up big numbers in the process.

Regardless of regular season performance, LEGIT MVPs don't underperform that bad in the post season that they can't even get out the first round.

Utterly pathetic. Stern needs to seize that property from Dirk's home.

Heavincent
04-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Are you really this stupid? What a player does in the playoffs has absolutely nothing to do with being the MVP of the regular season.

I just can't take the stupidity. How can someone old enough to form sentences not understand the concept. I don't care if Lebron shoots 0% for the rest of the playoffs. He's still the clear cut MVP of the regular season this year.

Please tell me you are trolling...please tell me you are not this stupid.

I think he's just saying that an MVP becomes invalid when you're a 1 seed and you get busted out in the first round. Nobody remembered Dirk as the MVP in 07, they just remembered him as the guy who got upset in the first round.

But of course Dirk would eventually redeem himself in 2011.

DMAVS41
04-29-2013, 04:17 PM
I think he's just saying that an MVP becomes invalid when you're a 1 seed and you get busted out in the first round. Nobody remembered Dirk as the MVP in 07, they just remembered him as the guy who got upset in the first round.

But of course Dirk would eventually redeem himself in 2011.

It is a regular season award and is not invalid.

If you want to say Dirk was not the best player in 07...you are right to do so and I totally agree.

But Dirk absolutely was the MVP of the 07 regular season. There is no debate...at all.

SamuraiSWISH
04-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Intelligence exists on ISH.

HeatFanSince88
04-29-2013, 04:18 PM

This guy lost in the FIRST round w/ a 67 win team to an 8th seed, and didn't even put up big numbers in the process.

Regardless of regular season performance, LEGIT MVPs don't underperform that bad in the post season that they can't even get out the first round.

Guy is the worst poster other than the Kobe stans.

Regular season MVP has nothing to do with the playoffs.

I see you said Kobe should've got MVP that year as well. He also lost in the first round and would be accepting it from the press room. :confusedshrug:

GSW was also the best team in the league to match up with the Mavs, they probably win the title(or at least contend with SAS) if they dont play them. It was evident from their regular season matchups and thats why it wasn't as big a surprise when they lost.

DMAVS41
04-29-2013, 04:20 PM

You are justing his great regular season against him. That is the point...LOL

Nobody would have said anything if the Mavs had won 55 games and been the 4th seed and lost.

So somehow having one of the best regular seasons of all time for the Mavs in 07 is a negative? That is why Dirk won MVP...winning 67 games with that team and doing what Dirk did in the regular season was amazing.

9 teams in NBA history have won 67 ore more games. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

TheMarkMadsen
04-29-2013, 04:24 PM
You are justing his great regular season against him. That is the point...LOL

Nobody would have said anything if the Mavs had won 55 games and been the 4th seed and lost.

So somehow having one of the best regular seasons of all time for the Mavs in 07 is a negative? That is why Dirk won MVP...winning 67 games with that team and doing what Dirk did in the regular season was amazing.

9 teams in NBA history have won 67 ore more games. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

20 ppg on 38% :applause:

Godly shooting #'s for a big man

K Xerxes
04-29-2013, 05:13 PM
That's why number of MVPs isn't really all that significant. I think of MVP winners of more like a club... if you're truly great, you'll more than likely get at least 1 MVP, but it's not really about how many you win. Not to mention the media tends to boycott those whom they don't like very much after that first MVP... or absolutely wait until the last second to give them one...and they will hand it out multiple times to players they just like personally i.e. Steve Nash. Shaq, Kobe and Hakeem all only have 1 MVP but have multiple rings which is part of why they're considered to be top 10 players in NBA history, while Moses Malone isn't despite having 3 MVPs he only has 1 ring. Being an MVP winner + number of rings is what get's you recognition.

So while being an MVP is important, number of rings by MVP winners is the standard of which most are judged, not the other way around. Otherwise Moses's 3 MVPs, 1 title would be top 10 all time and he would be ranked ahead of Hakeem, Kobe, Shaq and on par with Magic and Bird. But he's not. In all number of MVPs is just pretty much a popularity vote. If the media doesn't like you, good luck winning more than 1. But there is nothing the media can do to stop an MVP winner from winning multiple championship rings.

MVP winners with the most rings:
Russell (11)
Jordan/Kareem (6)
Magic/Kobe (5)
Shaq/Duncan (4)
Bird (3)
Wilt/Hakeem (2)

I broadly agree with you, but I don't think MVPs are as irrelevant as you say they are. The more MVPs you win, the less likely there is a media bias, so there is a legitimate basis for LeBron winning 4 MVPs and it is extraordinary.

Since you ranked MVP winners with the most rings, I've decided (for fun0 to add up rings, finals MVPs and MVPs to see if the list is close to the consensus GOAT list. Players had to win at least one of each to qualify:

Russell ~ 23-26 (unknown how many finals MVPs, but easily wins)
Jordan - 17
Kareem - 14
Magic - 11
Duncan - 9
Bird/Kobe/Shaq/Wilt - 8
Hakeem/M Malone - 5

*LeBron has 5 at the moment and could reach 7 by the end of the season.

Pretty accurate imo.

DMAVS41
04-29-2013, 05:15 PM
I broadly agree with you, but I don't think MVPs are as irrelevant as you say they are. The more MVPs you win, the less likely there is a media bias, so there is a legitimate basis for LeBron winning 4 MVPs and it is extraordinary.

Since you ranked MVP winners with the most rings, I've decided (for fun0 to add up rings, finals MVPs and MVPs to see if the list is close to the consensus GOAT list. Players had to win at least one of each to qualify:

Jordan - 17
Kareem - 14
Magic - 11
Duncan - 9
Bird/Kobe/Shaq/Wilt - 8
Hakeem/M Malone - 5

Doesn't Lebron now have 6? 4 MVP's, 1 finals mvp, 1 ring....

Have to say, seems like a pretty good indication of the GOAT list if you ask me.

chosen_wun
04-29-2013, 05:16 PM

Jordan - 17
Kareem - 14
Magic - 11
Duncan - 9
Bird/Kobe/Shaq/Wilt - 8
Hakeem/M Malone - 5

*LeBron has 5 at the moment and could reach 7 by the end of the season.

Pretty accurate imo.Nice.

STATUTORY
04-29-2013, 05:20 PM

Go ahead and look at the teams that have won 67 or more games in the regular season in the NBA all time. You will find that the 07 Mavs are easily the worst.

Easily. If the 07 supporting cast was so great. How do you rate Kobe's in 09? Or Lebron's last year and this year? I mean...if the 07 Mavs can win 67. Those teams should win 75 or more....because they are significantly better from top to bottom.

Again. One of the best regular season records ever with a good, but hardly great cast. And one of the handful of 50/40/90 seasons in NBA history.

But yea...Kobe has an argument over that.

****ing moron.

blatant ****ing lie.

tpols
04-29-2013, 05:23 PM
blatant ****ing lie.
Dwayne Wade + Chris Bosh isnt better than Jason Terry and Josh Howard?

Pau and Odom too?

wtf lol

tpols
04-29-2013, 05:35 PM
DMAVs it sould be obivous what samurais agenda is.. hes trying to protect Rose from having the "worst MVP ever" title by crediting it to Dirk. But Dirk's impact in his prime and over his career>>Roses. He had a bad series in 07 and should take blame. Rose had a shitty series to get booted out of the east the year he won too.. and he was shooting in the 30s to start off the first round. Dude nosedived from his regular season play.. as did Dirk.

Except Dirk redeemed himself in 2011.. ironically. Rose tore his acl and will likely never be better than he was.. and if Dirks chances of winning a title as the best player were 2%.. roses are .0005.

STATUTORY
04-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Dwayne Wade + Chris Bosh isnt better than Jason Terry and Josh Howard?

Pau and Odom too?

wtf lol

top to bottom? that lakers team in 2009 was incredibly top heavy outside of Kobe, Gasol and Odom it was basically trash, do ppl forget that bynum was basically out for half of the season, the 4th most consistent player on that team was derek fisher. Dirk had an incredibly deep supporting cast around him with 5 players on that Mavs team averaged double digit points.

tpols
04-29-2013, 05:39 PM
top to bottom? that lakers team in 2009 was incredibly top heavy outside of Kobe, Gasol and Odom it was basically trash, do ppl forget that bynum was basically out for half of the season, the 4th most consistent player on that team was derek fisher. Dirk had an incredibly deep supporting cast around him with 5 players on that Mavs team averaged double digit points.
It was a deep and good team.. but Im sorry.. 5 games shy of the record breakng bulls? Nope. They definitely played better than they were that year.

And you didnt even address the heat.. who are top heavy and stacked.