PDA

View Full Version : D. Rose Vs. Westbrook

Solefade
04-29-2013, 08:00 PM
I've been having argument with one of my friends about D. Rose vs. Westbrook and would like people to intelligently chime in on this.

If you had to account for all attributes (scoring, passing, defense, durability, chemistry with teammates etc.) who would you rather build around?

Keep in mind they are essentially the same player-- scoring and athleticism wise and I understand that D. Rose is a more of an accomplished player than Westbrook is but you can argue that RWB would be capable of the same production if he were leading the Bulls yet he's more durable and plays better defense.

I picked RWB.

alexd
04-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Personally i always thought d.rose was kinda overrated.yeah he s fast athletic but kinda poor shooter.he doesn t make everyone around him better
westbrook reminds me teodosic (those who watch european basketball will know him ) incredible talent but damn he has low iq.i prefer him over rose because he a hot header.i like his style the scream the nerve that loosing edge.plus he has develop a really smooth pull up.the guy played a physical game with a miniscus tear.he s wolverine.he s vocal.yeah he maybe a pain in the ass sometimes for us and his teammates but u can t say he doesn t give 100% unlike rose

SamuraiSWISH
04-29-2013, 09:37 PM
yeah he s fast athletic but kinda poor shooter.
:oldlol:

He was one of the best mid range shooters by his sophomore season, then dramatically improved his long ball the next season.

Neither Westbrook or Rose are smart guys, but Rose has the superior basketball IQ, and better feel for the game. He's also less emotional and less retarded so he's the better PG and more coachable. Westbrook has clear cut emotional / attitude issues.

Rose is also probably more athletic. He's a couple inches shorter, less of a wing span than Westbrook, but jumps higher and has better body dexterity. So that makes him a better and more dynamic finisher at the rim.

Rose has a better jumper, and probably overall is just a better overall better due to his mentality, intelligence, feel for the game, and coach ability.

nathanjizzle
04-29-2013, 09:39 PM
I've been having argument with one of my friends about D. Rose vs. Westbrook and would like people to intelligently chime in on this.

If you had to account for all attributes (scoring, passing, defense, durability, chemistry with teammates etc.) who would you rather build around?

Keep in mind they are essentially the same player-- scoring and athleticism wise and I understand that D. Rose is a more of an accomplished player than Westbrook is but you can argue that RWB would be capable of the same production if he were leading the Bulls yet he's more durable and plays better defense.

I picked RWB.

in 2011 against the top 6 teams in the nba derrick rose scored 28 points and 7 assist. russell westbrook had something like 19 points and 5 assists.

TylerOO
04-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Westbrook all day every day

LeGOAT
04-29-2013, 09:44 PM
GOATBrook or the mental midget? :oldlol: #thereturn2015

SamuraiSWISH
04-29-2013, 09:54 PM
in 2011 against the top 6 teams in the nba derrick rose scored 28 points and 7 assist. russell westbrook had something like 19 points and 5 assists.
Exactly.

People forgetting how good Rose was because he's been gone. And frustrated that he hasn't returned yet.

Keiigo-
04-29-2013, 10:25 PM
We should trade GOATBrook for Rose.

LongLiveTheKing
04-29-2013, 10:30 PM
Westbrook there's no doubt he would've been playing right now if he was Rose. He would have a little better stats if he wouldn't play with KD.

Let's not forget how Rose wet sh*t the bed against the Heat in 2011 and Westbrook had an all time great final performance against them in 2012.

Solefade
04-30-2013, 02:16 AM

Not a 100% fair assessment, we don't know what kind of production Westbrook could have if he was the #1 option on the Bulls.

Solefade
04-30-2013, 02:18 AM
:oldlol:

He was one of the best mid range shooters by his sophomore season, then dramatically improved his long ball the next season.

Neither Westbrook or Rose are smart guys, but Rose has the superior basketball IQ, and better feel for the game. He's also less emotional and less retarded so he's the better PG and more coachable. Westbrook has clear cut emotional / attitude issues.

Rose is also probably more athletic. He's a couple inches shorter, less of a wing span than Westbrook, but jumps higher and has better body dexterity. So that makes him a better and more dynamic finisher at the rim.

Rose has a better jumper, and probably overall is just a better overall better due to his mentality, intelligence, feel for the game, and coach ability.

Westbrook is playing the way the coach is telling him to play, it's not clear cut who's IQ is higher but yes, I do agree that Rose has better body control but Westbrook is bigger, stronger, and faster with the ball (though he seems a little out of control sometimes).

I think the underlining thing that separates the two distinctly is durability.

KG215
04-30-2013, 02:21 AM
Huh...so it's still 2011 where you live? Interesting.

secund2nun
04-30-2013, 02:24 AM
I'm not fans of either I think they are both overrated and I don't like their high volume low efficiency style, but I will take Westbrook over Rose because of his better defense and durability.

ripthekik
04-30-2013, 02:27 AM
Westbrook's stupid decision making made me :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: for the last 2 or 3 playoffs watching thunder games. He's a great player, but he can lose a lot of games for you too. Too much bone-headed plays.

I don't have that problem with Rose, so I'm taking him.

OldSkoolball#52
04-30-2013, 02:29 AM

Exactly what I was gonna put.

Rose is just more reliable.

It seems as if a lot of people take the idea of "building around" Westbrook for granted. If you take Kevin Durant off the Thunder and replace him with an average forward, the team's success will plummet. If you take Westbrook off the Thunder and replace him with an average pg, the team's success will suffer moderately.

Look around the league at all the Bobcats, Kings, Magic, Raptors, Wizards... these are the kind of team you are more likely to get if you "build around" Russ Westbrook, unless you are extremely fortunate to somehow land a Lebron or a Durant or Duncan as well, at which point you aren't really "building around" Westbrook but one of those guys instead.

IMO Westbrook is significantly overrated.

SyRyanYang
04-30-2013, 02:30 AM
All you need to know is Westbrook will return before Rose

TheReturn
04-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Rose is clearly the better franchise player.

AintNoSunshine
04-30-2013, 08:44 AM
Tough choice. I'll take westbrook because he's absolutely relentless on the court.

leMVP
04-30-2013, 08:47 AM
Westbrook all the day, he isn't p***y.

Ken_Masters
04-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Rose is a better player than Westbrook IMO. Rose is never out of control. Every game i see the thunder play, Westbrook charges to the basket out of control, and only makes the layup sometimes. Rose is automatic 2 points on layups. I think Rose is better because he knows when to change gears and harness his speed better than Westbrook does, he has a much higher IQ, and he is a better finisher at the rim. When i watch Rose my jaw drops at what he's able to pull off.

NumberSix
04-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Westbrook and its not even close.

Westbrook is almost as good as Dwyane Wade. Rose is as good as Brandon Jennings. There's a huge gap.

retaxis
04-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Westbrook got balls and will go at anyone and attacks the rim without fear
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0521/nba_g_rwestbts_286.jpg
Rose on the other hand settles for jumpers when he sees superstars and last shot to save the season?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2011-05/61922749.jpg

Qwertyazerty
04-30-2013, 11:00 AM
If durability matters (and the OP says so) I'll take the one having played 115 more games than the other in the same number of seasons.

NumberSix
04-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Mike Conley > Derrick Rose.

Derrick Rose and Carmelo Anthony are by far the most overrated players of my lifetime.

imdaman99
04-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Not a 100% fair assessment, we don't know what kind of production Westbrook could have if he was the #1 option on the Bulls.
you kidding me? you see the stats NATE ROBINSON is putting up with the bulls in the playoffs? the bulls RELY SO HEAVILY on a point guard that can create and score. westbrook would be beasting without a doubt. seeing nate drop so many points with high assists? yeah westbrook would be averaging something like 26-27 with 8 assists.

K Xerxes
04-30-2013, 11:37 AM
If they were both fully healthy, definitely Rose. Rose has higher on-court basketball IQ and makes better decisions than Westbrook. Plus he has brilliant body control and finishes better at the rim, as opposed to Westbrook is more out of control. He's a better passer and an underrated defender too.

Going forward, it depends on how Rose returns, so I'm tempted to say Westbrook.

We simply don't know how Westbrook and Rose would perform if they swapped positions. Westbrook would have more shots, certainly, but he's next to one of the best scorers in the world and can barely scratch 8 assists. On the other hand, Rose was averaging a solid 8 asissts last year before rust games took his averages down (when he came back from niggling injuries).

Solefade
04-30-2013, 11:55 AM
One thing that Rose doesn't have that Westbrook does is a post game. He'll definitely beast guards smaller than him.

grantz
04-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Mike Conley > Derrick Rose.

Derrick Rose and Carmelo Anthony are by far the most overrated players of my lifetime.

I agree. It's not even close. There are times a lot of us scratch our heads when Westbrook does some boneheaded play, but he will compete 100%. Westbrook was the only one taking it to the Heat last year in the finals.

Rose is too hung up on the expectations of him. After this injury and bitching out by hiding in the first round, I wouldn't build a team on a person who doesn't trust himself.

Solefade
03-09-2015, 12:31 AM
:lol

imdaman99
03-09-2015, 12:41 AM
you kidding me? you see the stats NATE ROBINSON is putting up with the bulls in the playoffs? the bulls RELY SO HEAVILY on a point guard that can create and score. westbrook would be beasting without a doubt. seeing nate drop so many points with high assists? yeah westbrook would be averaging something like 26-27 with 8 assists.
I was right on. Westbrook on the Bulls playing in the East? 28-8-8 easily.

Taking Westbrook :oldlol:

RoseCity07
03-09-2015, 01:02 AM
Facebroke and it's not even close.

Jud
03-09-2015, 01:03 AM
Current Westbrook is better than MVP Rose.

SillyRabbit
03-09-2015, 06:14 AM
Current Westbrook is better than MVP Rose.
Current Westbrook on a team built around him as the #1 option and with a supporting cast that compliments his game and carries the majority of the defensive slack (aka Westbrook in the 2011 Bulls) and he would blow Rose's MVP season straight out of the water.

ImKobe
03-09-2015, 06:18 AM
Current Westbrook on a team built around him as the #1 option and with a supporting cast that compliments his game and carries the majority of the defensive slack (aka Westbrook in the 2011 Bulls) and he would blow Rose's MVP season straight out of the water.

No question. Westbrook is a much more dynamic scorer, slightly better shooter and a much better playmaker, rebounder and defender

he basically does everything better.

dunksby
03-09-2015, 07:09 AM
Westbrook is more durable and athletic, he has a nice midrange game and a great post game, he is also relentless in rebounding. Attitude wise the advantage is with Westbrook as well, unless Rose makes an incredible return, the answer is easily Westbrook.

24-Inch_Chrome
03-09-2015, 07:15 AM
Give me Westbrook. Current Westbrook is better than any version of Rose.

Human Error
03-09-2015, 08:08 AM
Exactly.

People forgetting how good Rose was because he's been gone. And frustrated that he hasn't returned yet.
Rose wasn't that good to begin with. This year's Curry and Westbrook are easily better than the undeserving MVP season Rose.

Solefade
06-23-2016, 01:18 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-psSaCpk6VKY/UGM3edtIV8I/AAAAAAAADPE/BkC8uaKjoAg/s1600/michael-jordan-laughing.gif