PDA

View Full Version : Why are Knicks Fans So Cocky?

atljonesbro
04-29-2013, 08:31 PM
They are barely squeaking by an old, injured, bad Celtics team. They've looked bad in their wins yet they think they are favorites to beat the Heat :lol :roll: :roll:

TheReal Kendall
04-29-2013, 08:32 PM
They are barely squeaking by an old, injured, bad Celtics team. They've looked bad in their wins yet they think they are favorites to beat the Heat :lol :roll: :roll:

:cheers:

OldSkoolball#52
04-29-2013, 08:32 PM
They have a nate robinson complex.

Bravado to mask fragility.

imnew09
04-29-2013, 08:47 PM
because as a fan you need faith on your team. I thought Lakers would beat the Spurs in the first round :confusedshrug:

Oh well, OP, your thread proved you're cockier...

daj0264
04-29-2013, 08:53 PM
second worst fans in any sport ever

SevereUpInHere
04-29-2013, 09:01 PM
I've braved some truly abysmal Knicks teams in my 20 odd years as a Knicks fan, so f*ck you, I'm enjoying this.

True, we've looked bad at points in the games, but when we turn our D on we've been looking great.

So again, f*ck you, I'm going to enjoy the ride this year for as long as it lasts.

Dr. Ice
04-29-2013, 09:03 PM
it's like that for any new york team. giants, jets, knicks, yankees, you name it.

It's because the media talks so much about them that they expect to be better than they really are.

shady6121
04-29-2013, 09:04 PM
I've braved some truly abysmal Knicks teams in my 20 odd years as a Knicks fan, so f*ck you, I'm enjoying this.

True, we've looked bad at points in the games, but when we turn our D on we've been looking great.

So again, f*ck you, I'm going to enjoy the ride this year for as long as it lasts.

This. :cheers:

Trentknicks
04-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Op made this thread because we flamed him for these laughable views, get some popcorn, sit back and enjoy the comedy that is Atljonesbro

Not sure why the Knicks fans are rooting for Atlanta, they are a better team than the Knicks. I mean hell who knows if they'll even get past the Celtics at this point. Chuckmelo is back in full force.

The Knicks haven't even looked good vs the Celtics... They are injured, hobbled, old. They aren't a good team unless Melo is on fire. If he isn't on fire they are a fringe playoff team quality.

Bobcats2013
04-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Let them enjoy it. They've sucked for so long, they deserve to celebrate good wins.

HoopsFanNumero1
04-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Some of them are a bit too cocky, but they've had a completely shit team for over a decade so the long-term fans have the right to be.

Bandito
04-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Whose team are you a fan of OP, because you sound very cocky to me.

MetsPackers
04-29-2013, 10:01 PM
Wow. This is just ridiculous. Knicks fans are humbly celbrating a good series and haters are just coming out of the wood work. Did JR and the rest of the squad give the pipe to all your mothers or something? I have seen very little gloating or outrageous predictions at all and yet the whole fanbase is getting bashed.

And squeak by? The Knicks are up 3-1, were up 3-0 at one point, and have been pretty in control for most of the games. Seems like you definitely have an agenda. Aren't you the guy who thinks the hawks are going all the way? :roll: :roll: You clown. I hope the Hawks beat Indy so the Knicks can stomp them in the second round

WayOfWade
04-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Because they're New Yorkers

Kingwillball
04-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Wilds is the only real Jerk off Knicks Fan !

ClutchOver9000
04-29-2013, 10:14 PM
:lol these threads keep popping up yet i havent seen anything outrageous said by Knicks fans.

Watch another anti-Knicks thread pop up tmrw...

BBallZen83
04-29-2013, 10:16 PM
My thoughts exactly. Even though he doesn't type in all caps, his posts have that kind of feeling to them.

Legends66NBA7
04-29-2013, 10:20 PM
Wow. This is just ridiculous. Knicks fans are humbly celbrating a good series and haters are just coming out of the wood work.

Some are, sure... some others acted like clowns, which propped 'haters' and other fandom to call them out for it.

Dengness9
04-29-2013, 11:13 PM
Knicks fans have the right to be pumped, definitely not cocky.

Its exciting times for a team that hasn't done anything for a long long while.

But history always gives you a look to how things work in the NBA.

The Knicks haven't been out of the first round yet with Carmelo(wont be able to say that in a day or two), and even last year snapped the streak for most playoff loses in a row at 13 i believe.

They can't and won't beat the Heat. Im not saying that to Knicks fans because they won't believe it and they shouldn't. Root on your guys and best case scenario is you guys put a scare into Miami and build on it for next year.

I feel like every time I watch the Knicks this year it reminds me of the Bulls the last few seasons. They are turning a serious corner on getting to that contender level but they just aren't quite there.

Lord knows i would love to see them beat Miami, but they have to get there first anyway. We'll all find out soon enough

Proctor
04-29-2013, 11:43 PM
Knicks fans aren't so bad.. except posters like iDunk and Trentknicks, who ride on their n.utsack to the degree that it doesn't even appear they're actually fans. :applause:

DuMa
04-29-2013, 11:46 PM
New Yorkers in general give a bad name to the general society

Dr. Ice
04-29-2013, 11:48 PM
New Yorkers in general give a bad name to the general society

yea i think this is the main issue here

imdaman99
04-29-2013, 11:52 PM

THIS.

Its us against the world, wouldn't have it any other way :rockon:

fck the heat, fck the celtics, fck the bulls, fck the pacers, fck the nets, fck whoever else has a chance of getting to the next round, fck even the shitty hawks :pimp:

Iceberg Slim
04-30-2013, 12:50 AM

because they haven't won in a long time and this will be the only year that they get to gloat

Patrick Chewing
04-30-2013, 01:54 AM
They are barely squeaking by an old, injured, bad Celtics team.

GAME 1: W 85-78

GAME 2: W 87-71

GAME 3: W 90-76

OP's a ****ing idiot.

Wavves
04-30-2013, 03:32 AM

This, he is a terrible poster.

The team I support in the AFL has not been to the finals since I was 6, so I have always said that the day that they do is the day that I am allowed to say whatever I like about the sport as I somewhat deserved it. :oldlol:

So I understand completely how Knicks fans are feeling, enjoy it, just don't go to overboard, because it is annoying sometimes. There has been a lot of disrespect coming from some Knicks fans towards other teams.

SpurrDurr
04-30-2013, 04:32 AM
Average Knicks fan
http://thatsenuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Spike-Lee-Knicks.jpg

dbk123
04-30-2013, 04:52 AM
dont worry they'll all dissapear once they get swept by the heat.

All Net
04-30-2013, 04:56 AM
Whose team are you a fan of OP, because you sound very cocky to me.
Hawks fan can't you tell?

Trentknicks
04-30-2013, 05:15 AM
This, he is a terrible poster.

The team I support in the AFL has not been to the finals since I was 6, so I have always said that the day that they do is the day that I am allowed to say whatever I like about the sport as I somewhat deserved it. :oldlol:

So I understand completely how Knicks fans are feeling, enjoy it, just don't go to overboard, because it is annoying sometimes. There has been a lot of disrespect coming from some Knicks fans towards other teams.
Out of curiosity which AFL team do you follow, Essendon all the way for me!

Blue&Orange
04-30-2013, 06:48 AM
They are barely squeaking by an old, injured, bad Celtics team.
Knicks would have swept the hawks by a average of 22 points. Second worst team in the playoffs after the bucks.

Wavves
04-30-2013, 06:50 AM
Out of curiosity which AFL team do you follow, Essendon all the way for me!

Richmond, it's been a rough ride to say the least :oldlol:

uber
04-30-2013, 07:02 AM

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp112/rabscuttle-fr/Warm-Cup-of-STFU.jpg

kNicKz
04-30-2013, 07:11 AM
We can't celebrate playoff success?

:roll: :roll:

Sorry, let my change my demeanor:

Damn, I'm so ****ing depressed that we almost swept the Celtics.....winning sucks :cry:

leMVP
04-30-2013, 07:14 AM
They're desperate, look at their reactions last year when they won game 4 and avoided being swept by the heat.

kNicKz
04-30-2013, 07:17 AM
They're desperate, look at their reactions last year when they won game 4 and avoided being swept by the heat.

April 2013

:roll:

All Net
04-30-2013, 07:21 AM
Knicks would have swept the hawks by a average of 22 points. Second worst team in the playoffs after the bucks.
They are not worse than Boston

Trentknicks
04-30-2013, 07:37 AM
Richmond, it's been a rough ride to say the least :oldlol:
Haha best of luck buddy, hope Mark Jackson prays for you too!

iDunk
04-30-2013, 08:18 AM
We're awesome, our team plays in an awesome city, our team has the best scorer in the league.

We're not cocky though, just awesome.

NumberSix
04-30-2013, 10:55 AM
dont worry they'll all dissapear once they get swept by the Pacers.
Fixed.

Knicksfever2010
04-30-2013, 11:02 AM
how did we barely squeek past the celtics? We blew them out in game 3 and most of the 2nd half of all the games, we've been running them out of the gym.

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

NumberSix
04-30-2013, 11:08 AM
how did we barely squeek past the celtics? We blew them out in game 3 and most of the 2nd half of all the games, we've been running them out of the gym.

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.
This is true, however....

NYK is a 2seed. They're easily the least impressive of the top seeded teams. Miami and San Antonio blew out their opponent. Houston was no match for OKC until Westbrook got hurt.

Knicks are by far the weakest of the top 2 seeds in both conferences.

Glide2keva
04-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Knicks fans have been cocky for a long time. It didn't just start with this suddently good team they have.

Remember how this board from 2008 to just before July 2010? They just KNEW lebron was coming to NYK. They had avatars with PS'ed lebron in NYK unis and everything. They'd shout anyone down that told them it wasn't happening. They'd rhow it in everyone's faces and would cheer for him when he played at MSG, FOR TWO YEARS!

It's not just here. Knicks fans act like their team is the best in the world and they haven't won a title in 40 years! It's mind boggling how entitled they act.

retaxis
04-30-2013, 11:13 AM
I don't like the title much its demeaning and stereotyping a whole group of people who are all very different living different lives.

However NYK haven't proven a damn thing this playoff. Celtics aren't even close to what they were last year. PP and KG and regressed (not even allstars or close) and they don't have their all star Rondo or Ray Allen anymore. We all know that NYK were swept by Celtics 2 yrs ago when Celtics had the big 4 together and Billups/Melo/Stoudemire couldn't do a thing.

But they will have a chance to prove themselves next round:cheers:

NumberSix
04-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Knicks fans are just delusional. I've seriously heard Knicks fans say that the Knicks is one of the marquee franchises of the NBA.

imdaman99
04-30-2013, 11:25 AM
love the NY jealousy. not our fault your teams cant even sell out playoff games. half your arena will be knicks fans whether its atlanta or miami :applause: knicks should finish off boston tomorrow, and then we get to see them roll on.

i get it though, NYC is the best city in the world. you should be jealous.

DaSeba5
04-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Yah NYers are pretty arrogant. I live in South Florida and they are everywhere. They talk a lot of shit about their team and their city. If NY is such a great place to live, why don't you move back? It doesn't really bother me, but all NYers have a sense of pride that makes them arrogant.

imdaman99
04-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Yah NYers are pretty arrogant. I live in South Florida and they are everywhere. They talk a lot of shit about their team and their city. If NY is such a great place to live, why don't you move back? It doesn't really bother me, but all NYers have a sense of pride that makes them arrogant.
a lot of us NYers go to miami to retire. the weather is great for oldies. see you in about 30-40 years :oldlol:

hope you remember me :rant

DaSeba5
04-30-2013, 11:40 AM
a lot of us NYers go to miami to retire. the weather is great for oldies. see you in about 30-40 years :oldlol:

hope you remember me :rant

And I'm not attacking NYers. They just have a sense of pride that other cities don't have. People are very proud of being from NY. It's just how it is.

Legends66NBA7
04-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Knicks fans are just delusional. I've seriously heard Knicks fans say that the Knicks is one of the marquee franchises of the NBA.

I've read a Knick fan say the Knicks are the best franchise in the NBA.

kNicKz
04-30-2013, 01:33 PM

We have more fans then the Heat and haven't been a contender for a decade :roll:

check our $tats

Burgz V2
04-30-2013, 01:44 PM
because of all the championships theyve won

...oh wait

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
04-30-2013, 01:48 PM

barely squeaking by? the Knicks would have swept Boston if Jr Smith is playing in that game. The Knicks are dominating this series and I expect it to end in five Wednesday.

think before you post

Legends66NBA7
04-30-2013, 01:48 PM
We have more fans then the Heat and haven't been a contender for a decade :roll:

check our $tats

And if the Heat win a title this year, they will be looked at as the superior franchise in comparison to the Knicks.

Sarcastic
04-30-2013, 01:51 PM
Toronto Maple Leafs haven't won a Stanley Cup in an even longer amount of time than the Knicks. The franchise must be irrelevant and their fans should not be cocky at all. AMIRITE?

Legends66NBA7
04-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Toronto Maple Leafs haven't won a Stanley Cup in an even longer amount of time than the Knicks. The franchise must be irrelevant and their fans should not be cocky at all. AMIRITE?

I'm assuming this directed to me, unless it's just a very convenient example.

The franchise isn't 'irrelevant' in terms of their business, their the most valuable franchise. No fan should care about that too much, since that should be part of wealthy business men.

However, just this past year (while hate ESPN myself, their right) the Leafs got ranked the worst franchise in all of North American sports:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs-ranked-worst-espn-article/

[QUOTE]The Toronto Maple Leafs are the worst team in North American sports, according to a recent article from ESPN.com

Since 2003, ESPN has released their

Sarcastic
04-30-2013, 02:18 PM
First of all that ESPN ranking was a complete joke, just like the network is.

Secondly, where have you seen Knicks fans bragging about the titles we won? I haven't seen a post about the 1973 Knicks other than the one made about the lost footage that was shown on MSG. For the most part, Knicks fans are quite objective. Who has predicted we are winning a title? We're confident that as a 2 seed we will beat a 7 seeded team. That's cocky? To me that is just practical. And if we end up playing the 6 seeded Hawks in the second round, we shouldn't be confident in beating them either? Upsets are usually quite rare in the NBA. In MLB, NFL, and NHL the 1 and 2 seeds drop in the first and second round all the time. In the NBA it really doesn't happen too often, and when it does it makes huge news.

Legends66NBA7
04-30-2013, 02:31 PM
You're actually right, there hasn't been talk about Knick fans concerning their old Knick titles. I just don't like threads like this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297615

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297621

To me, that's just stupid. And there are Knick fans saying they were 'humble over getting these wins. :wtf:. I don't know if I can find the post, but there has been talk about beating Miami and possibly winning a title, it could have just been trolling.

Anyways, you should be confident (not arrogant, obnoxious, over the top, etc...), I would like to see a Knicks vs Heat ECF.

There are some objective Knicks posters, but also more annoying ones. I don't know why some of them bring up the 'best city talks' like it means anything.

Sarcastic
04-30-2013, 02:34 PM
You're actually right, there hasn't been talk about Knick fans concerning their old Knick titles. I just don't like threads like this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297615

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297621

To me, that's just stupid. And there are Knick fans saying they were 'humble over getting these wins. :wtf:. I don't know if I can find the post, but there has been talk about beating Miami and possibly winning a title, it could have just been trolling.

Anyways, you should be confident (not arrogant, obnoxious, over the top, etc...), I would like to see a Knicks vs Heat ECF.

There are some objective Knicks posters, but also more annoying ones. I don't know why some of them bring up the 'best city talks' like it means anything.

I have an entire folder on my home computer for "knicks hate", that easily surpasses any cockiness you may perceive.

Legends66NBA7
04-30-2013, 02:43 PM
I have an entire folder on my home computer for "knicks hate", that easily surpasses any cockiness you may perceive.

Maybe.

If anything, PM the list. I'll check it out.

boozehound
04-30-2013, 02:48 PM
false bravado. Its part of the NYC personality complex.

hawkfan
04-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Hopefully the Hawks and Knicks will meet in the next round, and the Hawks win.

code green
04-30-2013, 03:27 PM
They're not "barely squeaking by us." They're destroying us. Let the NY fans celebrate, it's been a while since they've had a team this competitive, and I mean that in the least disrespectful way.

Y2Gezee
04-30-2013, 04:35 PM
They're not "barely squeaking by us." They're destroying us. Let the NY fans celebrate.

This. The Knicks have basically been toying with the Celtics, who aren't as bad as the Knicks are making them look.

Knicks are very legit, to say the least.

willds09
05-01-2013, 11:32 AM
:roll: theres a lot of haters in tha building, niguhs mad cuz we one of tha best in tha league contending and everything, its our time, deal with it:no:

willds09
05-01-2013, 12:09 PM
how salty can u be man??:lol

Kiddlovesnets
05-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Well for Knicks fans, winning a playoffs series is already an unprecedented success considering none of them have witnesses the old 90s days, a 4-0 sweep or a 4-1 like win will definitely get them cocky.

willds09
05-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Well for Knicks fans, winning a playoffs series is already an unprecedented success considering none of them have witnesses the old 90s days, a 4-0 sweep or a 4-1 like win will definitely get them cocky.
u should worry about your team tying tha series with tha bulls first:lol

Kiddlovesnets
05-01-2013, 12:52 PM
u should worry about your team tying tha series with tha bulls first:lol

Well actually I already accept defeat, the Nets aint winning this series. But anyway, this has nothing to do with the topic. In the 21st century we are still by far the more superior team to yours. For this reason we are much cooler when it comes to a series win or loss, unlike you trolls who have never witnessed anything meaningful for your team in playoffs until now.
:rolleyes:

willds09
05-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Well actually I already accept defeat, the Nets aint winning this series. But anyway, this has nothing to do with the topic. In the 21st century we are still by far the more superior team to yours.
thats tha past my friend:lol itz a new time and tha knicks are finally guna shine:applause:

MetsPackers
05-01-2013, 12:54 PM
:roll: theres a lot of haters in tha building, niguhs mad cuz we one of tha best in tha league contending and everything, its our time, deal with it:no:

Just stop dude seriously. You are literally the reason why threads like this are created and out fanbase is criticized. Just sit back, enjoy the playoffs, and let the team do the talking. Because you're gona look like a real fvcking idiot when the Knicks don't win the title.

Kiddlovesnets
05-01-2013, 12:55 PM
thats tha past my friend:lol itz a new time and tha knicks are finally guna shine:applause:

A new time? More like a season or two, enjoy it while you can since its not gonna last too long.

And past? If so, can all knicks fans stop bringing up how they had two old NBA champs in weak era before NBA-ABA merger since it was even way in the past, before most people here were born?

fpliii
05-01-2013, 01:03 PM
A new time? More like a season or two, enjoy it while you can since its not gonna last too long.

And past? If so, can all knicks fans stop bringing up how they had two old NBA champs in weak era before NBA-ABA merger since it was even way in the past, before most people here were born?

Opening Pandora's Box, both the Knicks and Nets have two titles each, when the leagues were split.

Kiddlovesnets
05-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Opening Pandora's Box, both the Knicks and Nets have two titles each, when the leagues were split.

Yeah, but whatever way you look at it, its funny Knicks fans ask others 'How many titles do your team have?'.

shady6121
05-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Well actually I already accept defeat, the Nets aint winning this series. But anyway, this has nothing to do with the topic. In the 21st century we are still by far the more superior team to yours. For this reason we are much cooler when it comes to a series win or loss, unlike you trolls who have never witnessed anything meaningful for your team in playoffs until now.

The Nets are not only the most irrelevant franchise in the NBA, but are also the biggest laughing stock in New York. :lol

http://atssportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/bad-nets.jpg

Kiddlovesnets
05-01-2013, 01:07 PM
The Nets are not only an irrelevant franchise, but the also the laughing stock of New York. :lol

lol irrelevant franchise? Sure we had that 0-18 record a while ago, but lets not forget who contributed to part of your 13 games playoffs losing record with a 4-0 clean sweep in 2004.
:sleeping

shady6121
05-01-2013, 01:09 PM
lol irrelevant franchise? Sure we had that 0-18 record a while ago, but lets not forget who contributed to part of your 13 games playoffs losing record with a 4-0 clean sweep in 2004.
:sleeping

0-18 :lol :roll:

Burgz V2
05-01-2013, 01:10 PM

The Leafs have 13 championships in franchise history and have had some of the best teams to never win it all. They are comparable franchises (Knicks and Leafs) when it comes to success-championship ratio in the last 40 years (high winning percentage, little playoff success), but at least they have a great history that their franchise is based on.

And Leafs fans are not cocky. They are some of the most pessimistic fans in all of pro sports. They are absolutely brutal. If anything it's a perception of Toronto more generally, other Canadians don't like Toronto and it goes back to the 19th century. Our nickname is Hog-Town for godssake :oldlol:

MetsPackers
05-01-2013, 01:15 PM
LOL @ this Nets fan talking smack though. I'd understand if you were a C's fan or something, but you're really in no position to be talking shit.

Some Nets jokes I just made up right now:

Why are the stands half empty at Nets games?? Cause the only place you actually see a Nets fan is on the internet :roll:
(This was especially true when the team was in Jersey, i've been living here for 10 years and went to plenty of games. Not many Net fans even in NJ)

What's funnier than a Nets fan talking shit about the Knicks mere 2 NBA championships?? The Nets 0 NBA championships :roll:

How did Helen Keller afford a new car while being blind, deaf, and dumb?? The Nets signed her to a max contract :roll: :roll:

What has 1 brand new stadium, a 100 million dollar payroll, and still can't get out of the first round?? You know who :roll:

I know these jokes are terrible i'm just rippin this kid

willds09
05-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Just stop dude seriously. You are literally the reason why threads like this are created and out fanbase is criticized. Just sit back, enjoy the playoffs, and let the team do the talking. Because you're gona look like a real fvcking idiot when the Knicks don't win the title.
think about it man, we gotta have faith, we have a right to believe we can win a title just like heat fans, or other fans of top teams in tha west, we are number 2 in tha east for crying out loud:facepalm

willds09
05-01-2013, 01:18 PM

weak era? but we defeated tha damn lakers back then:rolleyes:

willds09
05-01-2013, 01:19 PM
The Nets are not only the most irrelevant franchise in the NBA, but are also the biggest laughing stock in New York. :lol

classic memories:lol :oldlol: :roll:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-01-2013, 01:20 PM
LOL @ this Nets fan talking smack though. I'd understand if you were a C's fan or something, but you're really in no position to be talking shit.

Some Nets jokes I just made up right now:

Why are the stands half empty at Nets games?? Cause the only place you actually see a Nets fan is on the internet :roll:
(This was especially true when the team was in Jersey, i've been living here for 10 years and went to plenty of games. Not many Net fans even in NJ)

What's funnier than a Nets fan talking shit about the Knicks mere 2 NBA championships?? The Nets 0 NBA championships :roll:

How did Helen Keller afford a new car while being blind, deaf, and dumb?? The Nets signed her to a max contract :roll: :roll:

What has 1 brand new stadium, a 100 million dollar payroll, and still can't get out of the first round?? You know who :roll:

I know these jokes are terrible i'm just rippin this kid

This dude sounds like he's gonna have a stroke. :oldlol:

willds09
05-01-2013, 01:28 PM
yea i think this is the main issue here
but tha wack ass crowds at phillips arena dont?:confusedshrug:

Clutch
05-01-2013, 01:34 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8OaW9oVYPYk/UVzDeT3D8XI/AAAAAAAAA08/KkcY35_hbQ8/s400/Brooklyn+Takes+No+Bull.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kiddlovesnets
05-01-2013, 02:44 PM
0-18 :lol :roll:

2004 playoffs: Nets 4-0 Knicks
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=240425018

weak era? but we defeated tha damn lakers back then

Who cares? Back in the 70s ABA >> NBA, Nets two titles >> Knicks two titles.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Like you are in any position to talk? The Nets could at least win two home games against the Bulls, knicks would've been swept by the Bulls like it happened in regular season. Even know the importance of match-up advantages in playoffs series?

NumberSix
05-01-2013, 02:46 PM
I could understand the Knicks failure as a franchise if they were in Kansas City or Tallahassee or some other small market, but they're in NYC. The biggest market in America. That's such a huge advantage to have yet they're still a failure of a franchise. This is a team that has a bigger bankroll than the Lakers. They have more money than any other team, yet they're a middle of the pack Indiana/Milwaukee level franchise. It's completely inexcusable.

Kiddlovesnets
05-01-2013, 02:48 PM
I could understand the Knicks failure as a franchise if they were in Kansas City or Tallahassee or some other small market, but they're in NYC. The biggest market in America. That's such a Hugh advantage to have yet they're still a failure of a franchise. This is a team that has a bigger bankroll than the Lakers. They have more money than any other team, yet their a middle of the pack Indiana/Milwaukee level franchise. It's completely inexcusable.

Thats why their fans are already going crazy seeing their team showing just a tiny bit of light. If they do win a title somehow(not gonna happen in this century), the hospitals in NY will be off-limit quickly with psychotic knicks fans.

willds09
05-01-2013, 03:20 PM
I could understand the Knicks failure as a franchise if they were in Kansas City or Tallahassee or some other small market, but they're in NYC. The biggest market in America. That's such a huge advantage to have yet they're still a failure of a franchise. This is a team that has a bigger bankroll than the Lakers. They have more money than any other team, yet they're a middle of the pack Indiana/Milwaukee level franchise. It's completely inexcusable.
Are you serious??:biggums:

willds09
05-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Thats why their fans are already going crazy seeing their team showing just a tiny bit of light. If they do win a title somehow(not gonna happen in this century), the hospitals in NY will be off-limit quickly with psychotic knicks fans.
We not going to have a title this century?? How u figure that? Please Elaborate butt hurt misguided nets fan:lol

Legends66NBA7
05-01-2013, 03:26 PM
The Leafs have 13 championships in franchise history and have had some of the best teams to never win it all. They are comparable franchises (Knicks and Leafs) when it comes to success-championship ratio in the last 40 years (high winning percentage, little playoff success), but at least they have a great history that their franchise is based on.

And Leafs fans are not cocky. They are some of the most pessimistic fans in all of pro sports. They are absolutely brutal. If anything it's a perception of Toronto more generally, other Canadians don't like Toronto and it goes back to the 19th century. Our nickname is Hog-Town for godssake :oldlol:

Pretty much.

I've honestly never met a Leaf fan that was positive about the future of this franchise. They do go over the top vs team like Ottawa and Montreal.

Legends66NBA7
05-01-2013, 03:55 PM

This is true, too.

MetsPackers
05-01-2013, 04:18 PM
I accept what the Knicks are: a middle of the pack (or lower honestly) franchise that has been laughably terrible up until the last few years for a very long time, but what do you want me to do when we win? Say "Well we won, but we're a shit franchise that only has two titles in over 40 years. Haha Knicks suck." I'm a fan. Seriously answer that question, how should I act?

NumberSix
05-01-2013, 04:45 PM
I accept what the Knicks are: a middle of the pack (or lower honestly) franchise that has been laughably terrible up until the last few years for a very long time, but what do you want me to do when we win? Say "Well we won, but we're a shit franchise that only has two titles in over 40 years. Haha Knicks suck." I'm a fan. Seriously answer that question, how should I act?
No, not at all. Be happy when you win.

The only problem with Knicks fans is how they troll when people are doing nothing more than having objective conversations. If a Heat fan and a Clipper fans are talking and they say they don't think the Knicks are a real contender or that Melo is an elite player, you'll inevitably having Knicks fans trolling with "why you mad" and "you butt hurt" comments. That's fine if Lakers fans do that. People are butt hurt about the Lakers success. Nobody is mad or butt hurt about the Knicks. You don't see Pacers fans constantly accusing people of being butt hurt or mad.