PDA

View Full Version : Mark Jackson is praying for Jason Colins

SacJB Shady
04-29-2013, 08:50 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/mark-jackson-praying-jason-collins-and-his-family

Lateralus
04-29-2013, 08:53 PM
I'd be praying for his wife to get more vocal lessons.

coin24
04-29-2013, 08:54 PM

:lol this..

BrAave, braaaavee, BRaVvvvve:facepalm

chosen_wun
04-29-2013, 08:54 PM
"If he had game" :oldlol:

Heavincent
04-29-2013, 08:55 PM

:roll:

get these NETS
04-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Same mark jackson that got exposed by some random mistress a few years back..while all the while wearing this religious beliefs on his sleeve?

THAT mark jackson?

OldSkoolball#52
04-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Same mark jackson that got exposed by some random mistress a few years back..while all the while wearing this religious beliefs on his sleeve?

THAT mark jackson?

My first thought as well. He has no credibility to pass "christian judgment" on anyone.

Not that anybody does. But especially jackson.

Noob Saibot
04-29-2013, 09:11 PM
don''t worry Mr. Jackson. Mr. Collins is gonna be paid in full. $$$

BBallZen83
04-29-2013, 09:21 PM
Isn't that cute. Pray the gay away.

bagelred
04-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Hahaha....Mark Jackson exposed....crazy Christian.

SpecialQue
04-29-2013, 09:35 PM
"Hand down, MAN down!"

get these NETS
04-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Hahaha....Mark Jackson exposed....crazy Christian.

don't know if ish has a search function now but you HAVE to read the post(s) about that story

the woman in question and a friend were trying to extort Mark...their revealed emails to each other were hilarious

he paid them and they kept coming back fro more money so finally he pulled a Kaiser Soze and showed these men of will what real will is..........he told his wife and authorities..and helped set them up..

IGotACoolStory
04-29-2013, 09:37 PM

:lol

Bobcats2013
04-29-2013, 09:38 PM

We all wish that my brother we all do.

DropStep
04-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Come on Mark Jackson, wasnt he a broadcaster? He should know how this shit works.

If you dont have something positive and encouraging to say SHUT THE **** UP.

bdreason
04-29-2013, 09:43 PM
Not sure why you're all hating on Jackson. He may not endorse homosexuality (I don't know if he does or doesn't), but he didn't say anything derogatory in the interview. When he said he's praying for Collins, he meant it in a sincere way... not praying for him because he's a 'sinner'.

bdreason
04-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Come on Mark Jackson, wasnt he a broadcaster? He should know how this shit works.

If you dont have something positive and encouraging to say SHUT THE **** UP.

Did you even watch the interview? Jackson didn't say anything negative or derogatory.

kmartshopper
04-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Not sure why you're all hating on Jackson. He may not endorse homosexuality (I don't know if he does or doesn't), but he didn't say anything derogatory in the interview. When he said he's praying for Collins, he meant it in a sincere way... not praying for him because he's a 'sinner'.

The mob is in motion. They'll burn themselves out soon enough.

bagelred
04-29-2013, 09:52 PM
he paid them and they kept coming back fro more money so finally he pulled a Kaiser Soze and showed these men of will what real will is.......

He killed his own family?! :eek:

flipogb
04-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Did you even watch the interview? Jackson didn't say anything negative or derogatory.
its implied that he doesn't agree with Collins knowing that Mark is very religious , but I find nothing wrong with Mark feeling that way.

Scholar
04-29-2013, 10:01 PM
I have no problem with someone voicing their opinions, but does Mark J. not realize where he'll be coaching next year?

AussieG
04-29-2013, 10:06 PM
This.

Did anyone even watch? Or got ADD?

I've love to make a comment against him, but I didn't see any judgement in this video. If there was.. it was very vague and hinted at, at best.

Just2McFly
04-29-2013, 10:08 PM
I took it as Jackson praying for peace during turmoil and stress involved in situations like these.

Ancient Legend
04-29-2013, 10:08 PM
I used to pray a lot for Jackson's removal as an ESPN analyst. God heard me.

AussieG
04-29-2013, 10:15 PM
I took it as Jackson praying for peace during turmoil and stress involved in situations like these.
Seemed that way.

Xiao Yao You
04-29-2013, 10:36 PM
My first thought as well. He has no credibility to pass "christian judgment" on anyone.

Not that anybody does. But especially jackson.

Dwight Howard

hawkfan
04-29-2013, 11:10 PM

:applause:

Leftimage
04-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Do Christians realize when they say they are praying for someone it makes many non-believers want to punch them in the temple?

Yao Ming's Foot
04-29-2013, 11:58 PM
Do Christians realize when they say they are praying for someone it makes many non-believers want to punch them in the temple?

This

The man isn't sick or injured. He doesn't need your prayers. Pray for the tools with no life who will throw hate at Collins. They are the truly troubled.

KnicksWolves
04-29-2013, 11:59 PM

Should that matter to a Christian?

Probably doesn't matter to many non-believers what Christians think of them.

Yao Ming's Foot
04-30-2013, 12:04 AM
Should that matter to a Christian?

Probably doesn't matter to many non-believers what Christians think of them.

Why wouldn't it? Are you fellow humans? Do you work together? Are they your friends and family? :facepalm

SacJB Shady
04-30-2013, 12:05 AM
I have a buddy in SF that was a player with guys for a while in the castro. But he claims he was just mad at God for a little while. He is a christian and says that he has no attraction to men whatsoever and claimed he was sinning deliberately out of frustration. Yet he did talk about how he enjoyed it and how they were hot, but he only liked it cuz he was lonely and mad at god. But still claims he is 100 percent straight and has 100 percent faith in the Lord. Kinda contradictory.

Yao Ming's Foot
04-30-2013, 12:07 AM
I have a buddy in SF that was a player with guys for a while in the castro. But he claims he was just mad at God for a little while. He is a christian and says that he has no attraction to men whatsoever and claimed he was sinning deliberately out of frustration. Yet he did talk about how he enjoyed it and how they were hot, but he only liked it cuz he was lonely and mad at god. But still claims he is 100 percent straight and has 100 percent faith in the Lord. Kinda contradictory.

Probably has a tortured delusional life. Thank you organized religion!

SacJB Shady
04-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Probably has a tortured delusional life. Thank you organized religion!

Yea... And his roommate is also flaming. But it's sad how he has to abide by the bible and tell himself that going after that is wrong. He can't be himself. Not to mention all the christian friends who turned on him and ridiculed him when they heard. He said they all stabbed him in the back and it was the biggest mistake he ever made. That forced him to change.

deja vu
04-30-2013, 12:11 AM
Only bigoted and prejudiced non-believers will want to do that. Many atheists respect others' religious beliefs and have no problem with people praying for other folks. Unfortunately, there are some atheists who don't respect others' beliefs and even go out of their way to mock them. Which makes them no different from the religious bigots that they claim to hate. :confusedshrug:

Yao Ming's Foot
04-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Yea... And his roommate is also flaming. But it's sad how he has to abide by the bible and tell himself that going after that is wrong. He can't be himself. Not to mention all the christian friends who turned on him and ridiculed him when they heard. He said they all stabbed him in the back and it was the biggest mistake he ever made. That forced him to change.

smh

I wonder if these people ever consider what life would be like if being attracted to women was considered a sin and you were consistently judged for it.

PrettyCool
04-30-2013, 12:15 AM

Sexuality is such a weird thing. I 100% think that sexuality is genetic, but I think there's culture that plays some weird gray area in there somewhere.

HorryIsMyMVP
04-30-2013, 12:15 AM
I'm not sure where the issue is with what Mark Jackson said. It could be interpreted in multiple ways. I would interpret it in the way that being the first openly gay NBA player could be dangerous. Much of the world is homophobic and a lot of sports players are violent. We have come a long way as a country but Mark Jackson is certainly old enough to remember a time when people use to get jumped and beaten for being gay.

inclinerator
04-30-2013, 12:17 AM
jeremy lin is gay and christian

KyleKong
04-30-2013, 12:23 AM
:lol this..

BrAave, braaaavee, BRaVvvvve:facepalm

:lol :lol :roll: :roll: :roll:

I also love how after she attempted to free style at the end the announcer cut her off.

Ol Dirty Bastard
04-30-2013, 12:50 AM
"there goes that man"

-Mark Jackson

common quote from Jackson during his play by play years

lpublic_enemyl
04-30-2013, 12:51 AM

THAT mark jackson?
this shit x100 :facepalm

Myth
04-30-2013, 01:13 AM
I will say this, Mark Jackson didn't say anything explicitly bad like Chris Broussard. He was at least smart with his words. I do wish there was more acceptance though.

blackification
04-30-2013, 03:25 AM
This piece of shit cheats on his wife and then prays for someone who is gay like he is above them?

Mother ****er what are your prayers worth what kind of godly man are you? Typical hypocrite

SacJB Shady
04-30-2013, 03:34 AM
I will say this, Mark Jackson didn't say anything explicitly bad like Chris Broussard. He was at least smart with his words. I do wish there was more acceptance though.

What's your opinion on Broussard? Was he trying to keep it less explicit?

dannywpt
04-30-2013, 06:22 AM
Religious nuts

STATUTORY
04-30-2013, 07:22 AM
mark Jackson coaches in SF, homie gonna need to play to his audience and they ain't bible thumpers out there

All Net
04-30-2013, 07:27 AM
Can tell he's one if the ones against it.0

guy
04-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Odd interview. Basically said he doesn't really care and it is what it is, said he wouldn't discriminate, acknowledged that the NBA wouldn't and acknowledged how free of a country we are in a positive way, and continuously said how good of a guy he was and his family is. On the other hand, his tone was horrible, said he would pray for him and his family as if someone died, implied that as a Christian man he may believe its wrong.

Pointguard
04-30-2013, 10:12 AM
She was a top notch singer at one time you know.

Pointguard
04-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Everybody has their beliefs and has an opinion on the matter. If it comes out derogatory then I can see people making a case against it. He didn't go that route. People have to reach to make this into something so its a big waste of time.

Trust me, Mark's family prays for the cat that has to eat from the garbage can. So they will pray for Collins family because he knows that they are dealing with something. You can make it into somthing... but its a reach. There will be very blatant comments to deal with I'm sure.

bagelred
04-30-2013, 10:28 AM
I pray for Jason Collins too....to meet a nice young fella to settle down with. Jason, you're not getting any younger......time to commit.

Foster5k
04-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Better start praying for Curry's ankles.

NumberSix
04-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Praying is about as effective as casting spells.

Lateralus
04-30-2013, 01:49 PM
She was a top notch singer at one time you know.

Key word one point. Either take more lessons or she needs to retire for putting the national anthem to shame. :facepalm

Lord Leoshes
04-30-2013, 02:27 PM
My imaginary friend says that Mark Jacksons imaginary friend does not exist. :facepalm

More people have died in the name of religion then cancer.

SacJB Shady
04-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Everybody has their beliefs and has an opinion on the matter. If it comes out derogatory then I can see people making a case against it. He didn't go that route. People have to reach to make this into something so its a big waste of time.

Trust me, Mark's family prays for the cat that has to eat from the garbage can. So they will pray for Collins family because he knows that they are dealing with something. You can make it into somthing... but its a reach. There will be very blatant comments to deal with I'm sure.

It may be reaching, but Mark didn't seem happy for Jason. Being around Christians before, I'm pretty sure Mark is praying for him for religious reasons. He was not happy for him. He said as a Christian he has an opinion on what's right or wrong. You know what he meant by that. This isn't rocket science.

ChuckOakley
04-30-2013, 02:57 PM
I hope he isn't lying and actually kneeling by his bed at night praying for Jason Collins after he gets done with his mistress.