PDA

View Full Version : One phone call that could change the NBA for next 6+ years.

3LiftHeatCurse
05-01-2013, 07:47 AM
http://www.5thquartermag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/dwight-howard-chris-paul.jpg

CP3: what up Dwight

D12: hey chris, just chillin at home tryin to forget this nightmare season. you?

CP3: ain't no difference ova here....just got knocked out of the 1st round again

D12: I feel you chris.. getting swept, LA fans booing me in dodger stadium, i'm takin all this heat even tho i'm playing with a D-league backcourt

CP3: i got an idea to change our lives, d12. what you think bout you and me takin a paycut and joining james in houston?

D12: I don't know man...

CP3: why not?

D12: I can make more money if I stay here chris

CP3: kobe is finna be 35 yrs old and comin off that injury. that laker team is not going to get much better... but, dwight.. if we take less we could create a superteam to challenge Miami and have a lock on the Finals every year.

D12: true that, the plan always was for you and me to team up. we would be a nasty trio with james and we are good friends...

CP3: and i know you heard about MWP yappin bout you ain't even the 2nd best big man in da league on twitter

D12: yeah we ain't good friends over here in LA... never liked each other much

CP3: So what ya say D12?

D12: You know what, this sounds like my ticket I been waitin for. Let's make it happen Chris! Ima call my agent right now.

James Harden: Welcome to Htown my bros, lets get to work

PG : Chris Paul
SG : James Harden
SF : Chandler Parsons
PF : anyone's grandma
C : Dwight Howard

Houston vs Miami in the Finals for the foreseeable future.

midatlantic09
05-01-2013, 07:50 AM
D12 can't leave $30 mil on the table. He has too many mouths to feed and it'll probably be the last max contract he'll ever receive.

DMV2
05-01-2013, 08:01 AM
D12 can't leave $30 mil on the table.
He has too many mouths to feed
and it'll be the last max contract he'll ever receive.

3LiftHeatCurse
05-01-2013, 08:02 AM
D12 can't leave $30 mil on the table. He has too many mouths to feed and it'll probably be the last max contract he'll ever receive.

The 30mil is just cause of an extra year in the contract. Dwight can always get it anyway on his next contract.

BigTicket
05-01-2013, 08:07 AM
This is about as likely to happen as Scarlett Jo caling me to arrange a threesome with her and Jessica Alba.

3LiftHeatCurse
05-01-2013, 08:08 AM
This is about as likely to happen as Scarlett Jo caling me to arrange a threesome with her and Jessica Alba.

That's what was said when this happened.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0709/nba_g_bosh_wade_james_b1_600.jpg

Cp3 and Dwight have been itching to play together for a long time.

r15mohd
05-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Replace Houston with Dallas, and Harden with Dirk...that's more doable IMO. Dallas-Miami duels, just like the Chicago-Utah series in the 90s

Make it happen Cuban!

Rubio2Gasol
05-01-2013, 08:09 AM
http://www.5thquartermag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/dwight-howard-chris-paul.jpg

D12: hey chris, just chillin at home tryin to forget this nightmare season. you?

CP3: ain't no difference ova here....just got knocked out of the 1st round again

D12: I feel you chris.. getting swept, LA fans booing me in dodger stadium, i'm takin all this heat even tho i'm playing with a D-league backcourt

CP3: i got an idea to change our lives, d12. what you think bout you and me takin a paycut and joining james in houston?

CP3: kobe is finna be 35 yrs old and comin off that injury. that laker team is not going to get much better... but, dwight.. if we take less we could create a superteam to challenge Miami and have a lock on the Finals every year.

D12: true that, the plan always was for you and me to team up. we would be a nasty trio with james and we are good friends...

CP3: and i know you heard about MWP yappin bout you ain't even the 2nd best big man in da league on twitter

D12: You know what, this sounds like my ticket I been waitin for. Let's make it happen Chris! Ima call my agent right now. I just gotta holla at my boy first.

*Calls Josh Smith*

D12: Yo Smoove, going to Houston with CP3 and Harden. You coming?

Smith : I got nothing better to do :confusedshrug:

PF : Josh Smith

Houston/OKC vs Miami in the Finals for the foreseeable future.

Fixed.

3LiftHeatCurse
05-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Replace Houston with Dallas, and Harden with Dirk...that's more doable IMO. Dallas-Miami duels, just like the Chicago-Utah series in the 90s

Make it happen Cuban!

Very possible. Cuban could get rid of Marion's contract easily to make space to sign both of them.

r15mohd
05-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Very possible. Cuban could get rid of Marion's contract easily to make space to sign both of them.

yup...and Dallas is no LA or NY, but it is a really popular city and very sports-crazed town. my feeling is Cuban pulls it off, he didn't sign many of these guys to 1-year deals for nothing this past season, and he fights relentlessly for what he wants with the Mavs. One of the better owners, though annoying, in the NBA.

Trentknicks
05-01-2013, 08:18 AM

Make it happen Cuban!
Dirk's contract is substantially higher than Harden's next season :facepalm

jzek
05-01-2013, 08:21 AM
add lbj to that mix in 2014 :eek:

r15mohd
05-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Dirk's contract is substantially higher than Harden's next season :facepalm

Even with Dirk's contract...Cuban has no issue shelling out cash to bring in players, doubt Houston is willing to do this and go over the luxury tax

however Houston does have more pieces to work with...they can do a three team deal with both LA's...CP3 for Lin, Asik for Howard and expirers (unsure of player trade restrictions)

chazzy
05-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Strong understanding of the CBA

tmacattack33
05-01-2013, 09:54 AM

D12: You know what, this sounds like my ticket I been waitin for. Let's make it happen Chris! Ima call my agent right now.

PF : anyone's grandma

Houston vs Miami in the Finals for the foreseeable future.

Link?

guy
05-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Howard and CP3 are currently in much better situations then Lebron, Bosh, and Wade were before there free agency. They obviously get the most money staying put, and location/media wise there isn't any better place they can go, and as far as winning goes, there isn't a much better place they can go. Howard with Kobe/Gasol/one of the best front offices and CP3 with Griffin/Crawford/all that depth shouldn't really be complaining about not being able to win in this situation.

Scholar
05-01-2013, 10:13 AM
D12: Hey, CP3, I decided the Lakers organization is the GOAT, so if I leave, I'll be a bitch made fakkit. Whatchu think?

CP3: I think I'm a bitch made fakkit for not thinking about that sooner. You should stay there.

D12: Aiight den. Peace

CanYouDigIt
05-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Bynum: Ay yo cuz, got a spot for me?

ChuckOakley
05-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Ummm Houston has enough cap to just give Howard a Max, do you suggest they both take $9m deals?

Atlanta this could happen.
Houston, not so much.

retaxis
05-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Chris paul also said: Hey man houston has a way better tax situation so we would be making about the same even if you stayed at LA. But life ain't about money, we live for respect from our fans, family and fellow nba players. How is an extra 30mil out of hundreds mils we made throughout our career going to change our lifestyle anyway since we both make more in endorsements. We wanna be talked about and remembered and be called winners rather then bitter dudes like barkley and reggie rest of our lives.

Howard: Yeah man Lin and Asik out, us in. Miami here we come.

Kiddlovesnets
05-01-2013, 10:18 AM

Make it happen Cuban!

Well Dirk is finished...

3LiftHeatCurse
05-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Ummm Houston has enough cap to just give Howard a Max, do you suggest they both take $9m deals?

Atlanta this could happen.
Houston, not so much.

Trade Asik and Lin.

andgar923
05-01-2013, 10:45 AM
I don't think there's players jumping up and down to play with Dwight at the moment.

CP3 is the complete opposite of Dwight.

He's tough and has tons of heart, I doubt he'd want to play with somebody like Dwight if he wants to win.

retaxis
05-01-2013, 10:50 AM
I don't think there's players jumping up and down to play with Dwight at the moment.

He's tough and has tons of heart, I doubt he'd want to play with somebody like Dwight if he wants to win.
I think your being too judgemental based on your own values around how people should behave and react. Everyone is different and behaves differently but anyone in the NBA as a superstar has heart.

Theoo
05-01-2013, 10:54 AM

yeah becuse flop bitch griffin is so tough!!!

alenleomessi
05-01-2013, 11:12 AM
cp3 aint leaving the clippers

Rose'sACL
05-01-2013, 11:15 AM
cp3 aint leaving the clippers
It will not surprise me if he left if clippers lose in first round or get swept in the second round. only way he doesn't leave is if clippers go beyond second round or at least make second round a close 7 game series even if they lose.

bluechox2
05-01-2013, 11:17 AM
cp3: hey dwight, lets take a paycut and join up in texas

dwight: shhit ni99a, what you smoking, mybitches need moo moneii

SamuraiSWISH
05-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Dwight now looks like 70 percent of the player he was when he had athleticism, and was juicing on HGH ...

The league will not be scared of this duo. D12 is a glorified Ben Wallace / Bill Russell type. His contributions on offense are consistently not enough.

They would need another scorer or play maker to be frightening, IMO.

willds09
05-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Man, if chris paul leaves he will go straight to tha knicks, u should know better:rolleyes:

Mass Debator
05-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Not scared.

CP3 going to the Pacers would be better. :rockon:

CP3
George
Batum
West
Hibbert

Just gotta get rid of George Hill (8 mil) and Ian Mahinmi (4 mil) to free up some cap space and trade Granger for like Nicolas Batum. Maybe trade for Paul Pierce at a discount lolzzz.

Not happening though.

willds09
05-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Not scared.

CP3 going to the Pacers would be better. :rockon:

CP3
George
Batum
West
Hibbert

Just gotta get rid of George Hill (8 mil) and Ian Mahinmi (4 mil) to free up some cap space and trade Granger for like Nicolas Batum. Maybe trade for Paul Pierce at a discount lolzzz.

Not happening though.
chris paul might as well should of stayed with new orleans, talking about tha damn pacers:oldlol:

3LiftHeatCurse
05-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Dwight now looks like 70 percent of the player he was when he had athleticism, and was juicing on HGH ...

The league will not be scared of this duo. D12 is a glorified Ben Wallace / Bill Russell type. His contributions on offense are consistently not enough.

They would need another scorer or play maker to be frightening, IMO.

You didn't read the OP.

James Harden.

Xiao Yao You
05-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Paul is better off with Griffin. Dwight and the Lakers deserve each other.

MetsPackers
05-01-2013, 12:45 PM
I would LOVE to see Dwight leave LA just because of all the anguish it would cause for the obnoxious Laker "fans" on here. Last week it was "ship his ass out", this week it's "but he can't leave 30m on the table!".

I truly do believe Dwight will leave LA in the offseason. These players don't make their real money on salary, they make it on endorsments and Dwight and his agent have already said that they're major endorsment market is in China and guess who that demographic is watching these days? Houston. There's definitely some sort of chance he stays in LA, but I really doubt it after this circus of a season and all the recent developments.

All the fake Lakers fans who are really only Kobe nutriders have been saying ship him out all week. These are not real fans. (kengriff, imgay09, ripthekik) No real fans want their team to lose a top 2 center in the league. I'd love to see them get their wish and watch their team fall into mediocrity. Seriously, how could it possibly help to lose d12? They can't even sign anyone else. It's either d12 or serious downward spiral

Mass Debator
05-01-2013, 01:07 PM
chris paul might as well should of stayed with new orleans, talking about tha damn pacers:oldlol:
Hey, if George transitions smoothly into the player he is supposed to be, that's a championship caliber team in a so-so city. CP3 will finally have a perimeter player that could drop 20 every night. He'll also have his trusty mid-range shooter in David West that he can PnR with. He'll be surrounded with a cast similar but better than what he had in New Orleans. That was a 56-26 team in the western conference.......but then again, that's CP3 at his finest.

STATUTORY
05-01-2013, 01:15 PM
You didn't read the OP.

James Harden.

:roll: :roll: u type that name as if ppl should be scared or some shit. that flailing flopper has already been thoroughly exposed these last 2 playoffs. even maurice is happy he abandoned ship

willds09
05-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Hey, if George transitions smoothly into the player he is supposed to be, that's a championship caliber team in a so-so city. CP3 will finally have a perimeter player that could drop 20 every night. He'll also have his trusty mid-range shooter in David West that he can PnR with. He'll be surrounded with a cast similar but better than what he had in New Orleans. That was a 56-26 team in the western conference.......but then again, that's CP3 at his finest.
they will be tha same to me, heat and knicks iz so far ahead of them.

niko
05-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Both Paul and Howard take much less (not Lebron took less less but actually really taking less) to leave LA for Houston. SURE. :lol

3LiftHeatCurse
05-02-2013, 08:46 AM
:roll: :roll: u type that name as if ppl should be scared or some shit. that flailing flopper has already been thoroughly exposed these last 2 playoffs. even maurice is happy he abandoned ship

Harden just shut you up last night

bigwebb5000
05-02-2013, 11:56 AM
I know it will never happen, but if CP3 and D12 wanted to team up that bad, couldn't Cp3 take a one year deal then re-enter free agency when the lakers have room for another max deal?

3LiftHeatCurse
05-04-2013, 06:05 AM
Clips lose in round 1.

CP3 gotta weigh his options

retaxis
05-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Cp3 only goes to teams with a bad coach cos he is the coach and thats his strongest attribute. He is has no other game then controlling everything around him so he can get the best shot up.

nycjeff45
05-04-2013, 09:44 AM
if you wanna go to the finals, they are going to stay in the western conference so teams in the east should not get their hopes up thinking they will go to their team...