PDA

View Full Version : Knicks team arrives wearing black tonight?

9erempiree
05-02-2013, 02:15 AM
Don't know if this was mentioned but I find it hilarious that they showed up wearing black. J.R. Smith opened his dumb mouth and then Kenyon telling the team to dress as if they were attending a funeral for the Celtics tonight.

Shump
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-StJ_YoI-PP0/UYHFXsQIWwI/AAAAAAAAV00/6S5YDsEtbZ4/s1600/IFWT_Knicks-Black-5.png

JR Brick
http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/knicks-funeral.png

http://cdn.cosbysweaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/kenyon.png

http://cdn.cosbysweaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/two1.png

http://cdn.cosbysweaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/three1.png
The entire team did. Not sure if Chandler did or not. He's pretty classy dude.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/knicks-wear-black-to-game-look-like-fools-after-celtics-win-050113

Looks like the drama is on for this series.

9erempiree
05-02-2013, 02:19 AM
[QUOTE=Kenyon Martin]We

Mr. Jabbar
05-02-2013, 02:20 AM
lmao, too bad it backfired, was an epic mock :oldlol:

Trentknicks
05-02-2013, 02:21 AM
Life getting pretty boring now as it's your offseason :roll:

(e)
05-02-2013, 02:22 AM
Little did they know, the Celtics were just playin' dead.

Psycho
05-02-2013, 02:22 AM

http://i.imm.io/14G8c.jpeg

9erempiree
05-02-2013, 02:29 AM
Here's more....I wish I can find more pictures. I just find this so hilarious.

I hate the Celtics but they straight owned the Knicks tonight.

Here's JR backtracking......

[QUOTE] Anthony literally waved off a question about the incident with his left hand, saying,

9erempiree
05-02-2013, 02:31 AM

not really.

I am getting a big kick out of this wearing black thing.

tomtucker
05-02-2013, 02:40 AM
fukk JR smith..........what a terrible thing to do............hope boston will use this to win the series............

imnew09
05-02-2013, 02:58 AM
As much as I hate the Celtics, hope they beat the arrogant Knick team :bowdown:

nosfan773
05-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Guaranteed this is the lead story on ESPN all day tomorrow :facepalm

G-train
05-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Little did they know, the Celtics were just playin' dead.

:applause:

9erempiree
05-02-2013, 03:03 AM
The funny thing is JR Smith opens his mouth and they lose.

Then Kenyon tells everyone to dress like this and they lose.

It's the freaking playoffs, you need to get serious.

tomtucker
05-02-2013, 03:05 AM
http://www.paperdroids.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/night-of-the-living-dead1-516x340.jpg

KyleKong
05-02-2013, 03:07 AM
Felton is such a fatty.

TheStarting5ive
05-02-2013, 03:07 AM
And things like this are why everyone hates the Knicks. Their arrogance knows no bounds. And what makes it worse is they have NO reason to behave in such a way. The Lakers would never, The Celtics would never, even the Miami Heat would never. I can't imagine any team other than the Knicks thinking this was "cool".

Who the hell does shit like this? When I first heard it I thought it was a joke, then I see these fools really arrived in all black SMH...they got what they deserved. They let Kenyon Martin the locker room cancer set them up for failure.

9erempiree
05-02-2013, 03:19 AM
And things like this are why everyone hates the Knicks. Their arrogance knows no bounds. And what makes it worse is they have NO reason to behave in such a way. The Lakers would never, The Celtics would never, even the Miami Heat would never. I can't imagine any team other than the Knicks thinking this was "cool".

Who the hell does shit like this? When I first heard it I thought it was a joke, then I see these fools really arrived in all black SMH...they got what they deserved. They let Kenyon Martin the locker room cancer set them up for failure.

I think it really exposes Melo's qualities as a leader. I don't know if he can lead a team to a championship. He's the star player of the Knicks and I find it funny that he didn't step in and tell his team to cut it with that stupid idea.

I can't believe he lets Kenyon run the locker room. It's pretty sad that a team with Kidd, Chandler and Melo.....all Team USA guys would let Kenyon Martin influence them.

Someone should have stepped up and say that's stupid and focus on winning.

coin24
05-02-2013, 03:23 AM
The only death is the coming back from 0-3 record:lol
The Knicks are in real trouble if Boston take game 6 at home!!

chosen_one6
05-02-2013, 03:24 AM

In a rare case, the Knicks players are actually just as arrogant as the fans themselves. I think it's hilarious.

AintNoSunshine
05-02-2013, 03:26 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

These ni99as got way ahead of themselves, they haven't won more than 1 playoff game before this year for the entire decade and now winning 3 games against a 7 seed makes them think they're the sh!t?

All Net
05-02-2013, 03:31 AM
What a bunch of idiots :oldlol:

HarryCallahan
05-02-2013, 03:33 AM
Foolishness. Out of everyone in the league, KG and Jet are the two guys you least wanna give extra motivation to.

SevereUpInHere
05-02-2013, 03:34 AM
Obviously this is massively embarrassing in hindsight. :oldlol:

Anyone who has complained that players in the nba are too buddy buddy, or there aren't any rivalries in the NBA can't possibly complain about this.

I bet if Memphis did this to the Clipps, or someone did it to the Lakers people would think it was the best thing either.

9erempiree
05-02-2013, 03:36 AM
Obviously this is massively embarrassing in hindsight. :oldlol:

Anyone who has complained that players in the nba are too buddy buddy, or there aren't any rivalries in the NBA can't possibly complain about this.

I bet if Memphis did this to the Clipps, or someone did it to the Lakers people would think it was the best thing either.

It's pretty stupid no matter how you put it.

You can still have a strong rivalry without resorting to something as attending a funeral.

Can you imagine if Kenyon played on the Lakers and he told Kobe and company to do that? Kobe probably would have smacked him upside his head.

SevereUpInHere
05-02-2013, 03:38 AM
It's pretty stupid no matter how you put it.

You can still have a strong rivalry without resorting to something as attending a funeral.

Never said it wasn't. All I'm saying is it adds interest and a bit of a twist to the series. Rather this than Terry and JR going for dinner between games.

aj1987
05-02-2013, 04:00 AM
I think it really exposes Melo's qualities as a leader. I don't know if he can lead a team to a championship. He's the star player of the Knicks and I find it funny that he didn't step in and tell his team to cut it with that stupid idea.

I can't believe he lets Kenyon run the locker room. It's pretty sad that a team with Kidd, Chandler and Melo.....all Team USA guys would let Kenyon Martin influence them.

Someone should have stepped up and say that's stupid and focus on winning.
One of the few times that I'm going to agree with you. And yes, I can totally see Kobe doing that. He would definitely tell Kenyon to shut the hell up.

Also, what the hell is wrong with Carmelo? He's acting like a role player. He needs to be more assertive and vocal. He won't be considered a top player if he doesn't bring out his leadership qualities.

I wonder what Jason and Tyson did? They're way above this kinda crap.

Felton is such a fatty.
He looks like the gay flight attendant from Soul Plane.

Teanett
05-02-2013, 08:15 AM
embarrassing. bunch of idiots :banghead:

i'd like to apologize for this shit, but it doesnt matter coming from anybody than them.

Clutch
05-02-2013, 08:18 AM
This shit backfired sooo bad :roll:

:facepalm

STATUTORY
05-02-2013, 08:19 AM
:roll: :roll:

embarrassing team to be a fan of.

Foster5k
05-02-2013, 08:22 AM
LMAO!!! These fools got GASED! Dressing in all black. LOL!!! They thought they were Miami or something. These clowns haven't won sh!t. Celtics might just pull the unthinkable and win from being down 0-3. Then we'll really neeed some caskets for these posers.

kNicKz
05-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Funeral rescheduled

Nash
05-02-2013, 08:24 AM
You know you're fecked when JR and Kenyon Martin step up as team leaders.

Kidd and Chandler need to show them who's boss.

Rolando
05-02-2013, 08:37 AM
The only way Knicks can lose this series is if they let this shit get to them. I hope it does.

I wonder how the New York media is handling these dumbasses. I know if they were in Boston they would be crapped on pretty bad.

r15mohd
05-02-2013, 08:54 AM
i'm hoping the Knicks lose just because of this...I wanted to see a Miami-Knicks ECF matchup but these stupid antics are worth the Celtics winning it.

would also love to see KG's post-game interview at center court in MSG going off on the Knicks and their stupidity, and how the funeral attire brought them to that next level to knock out NY. :D

bagelred
05-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Since Knicks do it, it's antics. If another team did this, it would be a great sign of team unity.

r15mohd
05-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Since Knicks do it, it's antics. If another team did this, it would be a great sign of team unity.

what other team has done it though...lol, can't save face for the Knicks. they dug their own grave, per se! :lol

irriducibili
05-02-2013, 08:58 AM
The ones who will fall in the coffin full of fresh Celtics urine will be the Knicks. Book it.

bagelred
05-02-2013, 09:00 AM
what other team has done it though...lol, can't save face for the Knicks. they dug their own grave, per se! :lol

Not trying to save face. Teammates do things together to get themselves pyshced up for the game, and to build team unity. This one is perceived negatively for some reason.....

Teanett
05-02-2013, 09:01 AM

no matter which team does it, it's stupidity.

Scholar
05-02-2013, 09:03 AM
When I heard this about them wearing all black yesterday, I was thinking, "Please don't."

I'm not lying when I say I'm rooting for the Knicks to win it all (since LAL are out), but when they pull dumb shit like this, it's hard to do that.

r15mohd
05-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Not trying to save face. Teammates do things together to get themselves pyshced up for the game, and to build team unity. This one is perceived negatively for some reason.....

it's negative because the Knicks did it purposely at the Celtics...wearing black because we are prepping your funeral? wtf!!!

usually teams do things like wear headbands together to build comradery...no direct purpose to the opponent, it's self driven unlike this antic by the Knicks

D-Rose
05-02-2013, 09:07 AM
That shit is plain arrogant, gimicky, and classless. How the hell does a team with so many vets end up doing this?

dannywpt
05-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Karma (and Jason Terry) need to make this the most embarrassing moment in NBA history when winning 4-3

R.I.P.
05-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Mavs were 4-0 when wearing the close-out black. Maybe the Knicks can be 0-4. :D

red1
05-02-2013, 09:19 AM
:roll: these clowns

dbugz
05-02-2013, 09:20 AM

+1

This shows what kind of lockeroom this Knicks team has and exposes how bad of a leader Melo is.

It's very inappropriate to wear black and talk about funeral specifically especially if you are up against a team whose city is still recovering from all the shit that happened to them last Month.

I hate the Heat especially Wade but with this Knicks stupidity, I will be rooting for the Heat if ever the Knicks and Heat face on the ECF.

I hope Martin and Smith will have the worst injury of their career so every Celtics fans can wear black for them as well and I mean it.

Psycho
05-02-2013, 09:27 AM
+1
It's very inappropriate to wear black and talk about funeral specifically especially if you are up against a team whose city is still recovering from all the shit that happened to them last Month.

Well, since people died, wearing black seems rather appropriate. Don't people have funerals when people die? Maybe this was a nice gesture by the Knicks.

KembaWalker
05-02-2013, 09:30 AM
no matter which team does it, it's stupidity.

This.

Could this be on the backfire level of LeBron/Wade mocking Dirk's flu incident

dbugz
05-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Well, since people died, wearing black seems rather appropriate. Don't people have funerals when people die? Maybe this was a nice gesture by the Knicks.

As if they are doing it as a sign respect? they are doing to taunt the team they are up against at, plain and simple and yes stupid and immature.

Psycho
05-02-2013, 09:31 AM
As if they are doing it as a sign respect? they are doing to taunt the team they are up against at, plain and simple.

Well then maybe it is a lighthearted joke intended to cheer everyone up. They always say that laughter is the best medicine.

dbugz
05-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Well then maybe it is a lighthearted joke intended to cheer everyone up. They always say that laughter is the best medicine.

unfortunately it backfired for them because of stupidity and being immature.

asdf1990
05-02-2013, 09:36 AM
I hope the celtics win the cockiness is off the charts for a team that hasn't won a series in 13+ years.

Teanett
05-02-2013, 09:36 AM

troll

East_Stone_Ya
05-02-2013, 09:40 AM
''make sure you wear black the next two games as well''

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/5181e0056bb3f75756000000-620-466-400-/jordan-crawford-carmelo-anthony-fight.jpg

Knicksfever2010
05-02-2013, 09:48 AM
''make sure you wear black the next two games as well''

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/5181e0056bb3f75756000000-620-466-400-/jordan-crawford-carmelo-anthony-fight.jpg

he looks like Mos Def

http://www.birthplacemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/mos-def-dexter.jpg

CarlosBoozer
05-02-2013, 09:51 AM
:roll:

retaxis
05-02-2013, 09:53 AM
I am actually going to go for Boston next game. Only because I want to see an interesting series :lol

O_City_Thunder
05-02-2013, 10:08 AM
They should be ashamed of themselves, but I still think the Knicks will win this series.

Dro
05-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Kenyon Martin did not want anything to do with this question in the post game interview. He said, "if you want to talk about the game, lets talk about the game". What a lame. If you have the courage to talk trash and wear black and all this crap before the game, have the courage to own up to it after the game...

chosen_wun
05-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Typical urban city idiots trying to channel european mob life.

Dro
05-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Knicks fans always have so much to say, only a few of them can even be found in this thread. They should be in here bashing their team for this nonsense..

GOBB
05-02-2013, 10:33 AM

Shut up. You know damn well what the all black choice was worn for. It backfired and they now look stupid. Much like you defending them right about now.

GatorKid117
05-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich

Who will win this battle of unlikable teams?

ReturnofJPR
05-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Shut up. You know damn well what the all black choice was worn for. It backfired and they now look stupid. Much like you defending them right about now.

How'd that Andrew Bynum trade work out for ya? :lol

Clutch
05-02-2013, 10:36 AM
:oldlol:

tontoz
05-02-2013, 11:10 AM

About the same as the Knick's wardrobe choice.

Kiddlovesnets
05-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Though the Knicks have a way way better team than the Celtics, their lack of professionalism is somewhat astounding. But anyway, the term 'professionalism' is nonexistent for the entire Knicks franchise, from management, to players and to fans.
:rolleyes:

ripthekik
05-02-2013, 11:25 AM
come on guys, it's not that bad.. i think it's pretty funny..
they obvious don't mean death like that.. it's like when deandre jordan dunked on brandon knight, everyone went RIP and put a coffin on him.

I like this stuff.. it's old school, straight dissing the other team, good old fun. No harm done, just some drama between the teams and entertainment for us.

better than all buddy buddy, melo getting a beer before the game with pierce heat style.

retaxis
05-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Just wondering when Rip's retarded head was gonna spin it some way about Miami and he didn't dissapoint. If you can count on one thing is Rips mentally ill obssession regarding Heat/Lebron.

AlphaWolf24
05-02-2013, 11:39 AM
- Funny part was after the game....K Martin wouldn't answer any questions about " wearing black"...

- Ho azz ....can give it but not take it.

pegasus
05-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned already, but playing a joke like this on a team from a city which very recently suffered a terrorist attack, is just plain tactless. I'm sure they had no intentions of hurting the feelings of those who were affected by the attack, but still... No one in that locker room has half a brain? Where's their so-called veteran leadership? Where's Camby? Where's Kidd?

I wanted them to crush the Heat in the ECF after we beat them up first, but now I want the Celtics to make history.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-02-2013, 11:56 AM
****ing embarrassing. :facepalm

Psycho
05-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned already, but playing a joke like this on a team from a city which very recently suffered a terrorist attack, is just plain tactless. I'm sure they had no intentions of hurting the feelings of those who were affected by the attack, but still... No one in that locker room has half a brain? Where's their so-called veteran leadership? Where's Camby? Where's Kidd?

I wanted them to crush the Heat in the ECF after we beat them up first, but now I want the Celtics to make history.

Boston deserved it.

shortsoptional
05-02-2013, 12:18 PM
I wonder if JR got this from Kidd or Chandler.

2011 Mavs did this for every close out game on their Championship run and never lost. Obviously Kidd and Chandler were apart of that....

Dro
05-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Boston deserved it.
Boston deserved what?

EnoughSaid
05-02-2013, 12:30 PM
:roll: Melo, JR, and K Mart should know better than this, especially after being with Denver for a while. Only getting out of the first round once in his career, and he thinks he can just announce a victory like this? Knicks haven't won a series in 12 years and they think they can just do this? :oldlol: Hope Boston beats this team flat out.

tomtucker
05-02-2013, 12:40 PM

right, it is a terrible idea to pull on any team........but then you do against boston......:facepalm

Wally450
05-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Kenyon Martin did not want anything to do with this question in the post game interview. He said, "if you want to talk about the game, lets talk about the game". What a lame. If you have the courage to talk trash and wear black and all this crap before the game, have the courage to own up to it after the game...

I said that to myself after I saw the interview, if you have the balls to wear black, you know your gonna get bombarded with questions about it after the game, especially if you lose. Man the f*ck up and answer the questions.

BuffaloBill
05-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Lol that was pretty stupid. Knicks are still gonna win though.

ZHAKIDD532
05-02-2013, 02:26 PM
That is one of the lamest things I've ever seen. Play the freaking game....

IncarceratedBob
05-02-2013, 02:27 PM
right, it is a terrible idea to pull on any team........but then you do against boston......:facepalm
Boston is a freakin borderline playoff team lol, Nobody is scared of them. You dont do this to Miami.

jlip
05-02-2013, 02:41 PM
I didn't read through the thread, so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I find it ironic that the wearing of black before a game because you're hoping to "bury a team" was first done by arguably the greatest Celtic player of all time, Bill Russell.

I played in this dumb number of seventh games. You know -- the last game. Either you win, or if you lose you go home. And I have a perfect record. Won all of them...I came to the seventh game, I had a black suit on. And he says, "Why do you always wear a black suit to these games?" I said, "Because I'm the undertaker. I've come to bury these people!" Sam and I used to kid about that all the time. He says, "You always wear a black suit." "Yep, I'm the undertaker. I come to bury these guys." So finally -- a guy kept asking was I nervous or was I scared. So finally I said, "Listen, there was no reason for me to be scared or nervous. I did not have to play against Bill Russell and the Celtics. What was there to be nervous or scared about?" You probably think I'm really modest, right?

--Bill Russell (http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/printmember/rus0int-1)

fpliii
05-02-2013, 02:44 PM
I didn't read through the thread, so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I find it ironic that the wearing of black before a game because you're hoping to "bury a team" was first done by arguably the greatest Celtic player of all time, Bill Russell.

I played in this dumb number of seventh games. You know -- the last game. Either you win, or if you lose you go home. And I have a perfect record. Won all of them...I came to the seventh game, I had a black suit on. And he says, "Why do you always wear a black suit to these games?" I said, "Because I'm the undertaker. I've come to bury these people!" Sam and I used to kid about that all the time. He says, "You always wear a black suit." "Yep, I'm the undertaker. I come to bury these guys." So finally -- a guy kept asking was I nervous or was I scared. So finally I said, "Listen, there was no reason for me to be scared or nervous. I did not have to play against Bill Russell and the Celtics. What was there to be nervous or scared about?" You probably think I'm really modest, right?

--Bill Russell (http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/printmember/rus0int-1)

Russ had credibility though. I respect Kidd/Chandler (neither of whom participated, afaik), but the rest of the team really shouldn't be trying to pull that shit.

jlip
05-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Russ had credibility though. I respect Kidd/Chandler (neither of whom participated, afaik), but the rest of the team really shouldn't be trying to pull that shit.

Trust me. I agree. I was not trying to justify what the Knicks' players did. I was just providing some info.

buddha
05-02-2013, 02:53 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

wow! and people wonder why it's so fun to hate on the knicks.

GOBB
05-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned already, but playing a joke like this on a team from a city which very recently suffered a terrorist attack, is just plain tactless. I'm sure they had no intentions of hurting the feelings of those who were affected by the attack, but still...

Whats your wingspan because you have arm incredible REACH.

stephanieg
05-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Stuff like this makes the NBA more entertaining.

LABean
05-02-2013, 06:12 PM
:roll: :roll:

Not surprised. Carmelo is a horrible leader. Can't expect anything out of him.

HomieWeMajor
12-02-2013, 09:21 AM
I think they should start wearing the black suits again in memory of their season.

tomtucker
12-02-2013, 09:35 AM
karma is a bitch

Da Doc04
12-02-2013, 09:50 AM
I think they should start wearing the black suits again in memory of their season.

niko
12-02-2013, 09:52 AM
How is this relevant to anything? KG said something nasty about Duncan's dead mom, the Celtics won a title. I'm thinking Karma isn't the issue.

CelticBaller
12-02-2013, 11:12 AM

Repped :applause:

Done_And_Done
12-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Pathetic.

Love when karma blows up in the face of those who exude undeserved arrogance.

kNicKz
12-02-2013, 12:42 PM

Repped :applause:

You post in more knick threads than your own team :eek:

Bandito
12-02-2013, 12:48 PM
To be fair nobody talking about the celtics.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-02-2013, 01:06 PM
:lol

kNicKz
12-02-2013, 03:21 PM
To be fair nobody talking about the celtics.

I think I've posted in like maybe 3 celtic threads, all game threads against the knicks. I'd never let a team live in my mind like that :roll:

CelticBaller
12-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Stop talking out of your ass, I post in the only Celtic threads in the forum(which there isn't a lot of)and I have made like 4 Celtics GTs.

HomieWeMajor
03-04-2014, 01:40 PM
How the mighty have fallen

dannywpt
03-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Nice bump.
:applause:

HoopsFanNumero1
03-04-2014, 02:28 PM
How the mighty have fallen

Knicks? Mighty? :lol

HomieWeMajor
03-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Knicks? Mighty? :lol
http://dmv.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/12/woah1.gif

HomieWeMajor
10-29-2014, 10:28 PM
They better start doing this again in memory of their playoff chances.

Dro
10-29-2014, 11:09 PM
Felton is such a fatty.
:lol

Real14
10-29-2014, 11:11 PM
its more like the bulls were wearing black and blue tonight.