PDA

View Full Version : Must be awkward for Bogut in the Warriors lockerroom

GovernmentMan
05-03-2013, 02:23 AM
Being the lone atheist

Or maybe he's pretending?

therammingman
05-03-2013, 02:24 AM
send omri casspi and hamad haddadi to the team...would be fun to see.

Leftimage
05-03-2013, 02:28 AM
Atheist vs mainstream liberal christian = same shit, atheists just more ballsy.

GoldNugg21
05-03-2013, 02:41 AM
This situation is fascinating to me.

Mark Jackson is a preacher, not a coach. This shtick won't last too long.

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-03-2013, 02:46 AM
I didn't know Bogut was an atheist. Where did you guys find this out?

dbugz
05-03-2013, 02:51 AM
This situation is fascinating to me.

Mark Jackson is a preacher, not a coach. This shtick won't last too long.

+1 Mark Jackson is just there to motivate his team :oldlol:

There's one guy on Jackson's coaching staff who's drawing up the play for him, I don't who that white guy is.

maybeshewill13
05-03-2013, 02:53 AM
He's a fellow Aussie, he'll be an atheist.

GoldNugg21
05-03-2013, 02:54 AM

There's one guy on Jackson's coaching staff who's drawing up the play for him, I don't who that white guy is.

He's like the Tim Tebow of coaches.

Newsflash: God doesn't care if you win or lose an NBA basketball game

plowking
05-03-2013, 03:05 AM

Hes Croatian as well though, and probably has a catholic background.

bingoa
05-03-2013, 03:11 AM

Mike malone

FiveRings
05-03-2013, 03:33 AM
Didn't know about this either. The only guy in the NBA I know that has talked about being an atheist is Manu Ginobili.

B-Easy8
05-03-2013, 05:25 AM

He is an Aussie with a Croatian background, same as me.

I am a Christian. Pretty much all full Aussies are atheists and Aussies/something always have a religion.

bigt
05-03-2013, 06:11 AM
He is an Aussie with a Croatian background, same as me.

I am a Christian. Pretty much all full Aussies are atheists and Aussies/something always have a religion.

Bit of a broad generalisation there. I'm a 'full' Aussie and a Christian, and I know plenty who are as well. Might just be your area?

And as for how he does it, believe it or not but outside of the internet it's remarkably easy for a Christian to be friends with an atheist and vise versa. They just have to respect that the other person has different beliefs. No reason why it can't work there either...

Collie
05-03-2013, 06:34 AM
90% of Christians are actually quite liberal. Most of the bad rap comes from the more fundamentalist ones who push their own brand of religion unto others. Visit a place like Italy, for example, where 80%+ of people are Catholics.

bigt
05-03-2013, 06:34 AM
do u believe the bible verbatim

Define verbatim. I think some aspects of it are more symbolic than literal, and there are areas I need to research more of before I can definitively define the two, but I know in my heart God is real. It's just a shame there are certain misconceptions about Christians that unfortunately is amplified by a vocal minority of Christians who give a bad name to the rest of us

bigt
05-03-2013, 06:42 AM
Verbatim as in believe every word. Can u define god? How do u know he is real? Other than faith. I want to believe, but want evidence.
God works for Mark Jackson, thats for sure.

I'll answer the easiest question first. I know he is real because I've experienced his love. I've felt his presence and seen his work in my life in way that couldn't be explained through any other way. He's what keeps me hopeful when I'm feeling as if the world's caving in, and He's what gives me joy when I'm depressed. He is truly Love.

I believe every word, but in saying that there are some aspects that I believe were intended more for the time period that it was written. There are symbolic aspects of the book that made more sense when looking at the time period it was written in, but the meaning loses it's impact as time has gone on and the use of language has changed somewhat.

I'd be more than happy to talk about it more over private message if you're interested, but I'd hate for people to start complaining that the thread is getting hijacked by what I'm saying, or for people to start bashing either of us and saying something stupid like "I hate Jason Collins and gays" just because we're talking about it rationally :oldlol: it is the internet after all

COnDEMnED
05-03-2013, 08:15 AM
I'll answer the easiest question first. I know he is real because I've experienced his love. I've felt his presence and seen his work in my life in way that couldn't be explained through any other way. He's what keeps me hopeful when I'm feeling as if the world's caving in, and He's what gives me joy when I'm depressed. He is truly Love.

I believe every word, but in saying that there are some aspects that I believe were intended more for the time period that it was written. There are symbolic aspects of the book that made more sense when looking at the time period it was written in, but the meaning loses it's impact as time has gone on and the use of language has changed somewhat.

I'd be more than happy to talk about it more over private message if you're interested, but I'd hate for people to start complaining that the thread is getting hijacked by what I'm saying, or for people to start bashing either of us and saying something stupid like "I hate Jason Collins and gays" just because we're talking about it rationally :oldlol: it is the internet after all
Ever eaten a shrimp, lobster, clam, oyster, or crawfish? Going straight to hell if you have. Also, David, from David and Goliath, was a butt pirate. His man lover was Jonathan. Facial expressions on priests when u say these things is goddamn priceless.

Bandito
05-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Atheist vs mainstream liberal christian = same shit, atheists just more ballsy.
OMG that is so true it makes me :rant and :roll: at the same team.

Burgz V2
05-03-2013, 08:27 AM

That's Mike Malone. And he is drawing up defensive schemes not plays. To say Jackson is not a good coach because he doesn't draw up every play would be silly. Many NBA coaches let their coaches draw up plays. Jackson is a great coach.

fpliii
05-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Being the lone atheist

Or maybe he's pretending?

Not sure that he'd care all that much, unless he's militant about it (which could potentially be an issue for anybody subscribing to a different religion than the coach). Jackson's goal is likely to pump up his team, and that very well may work for some guys. Bogut might not need the extra motivation, or could get it from somewhere else. Atheists are just individuals who reject the belief in deities, they're not social malcontents (any more so than any other segment of the population, at least).

maybeshewill13
05-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Bit of a broad generalisation there. I'm a 'full' Aussie and a Christian, and I know plenty who are as well. Might just be your area?

And as for how he does it, believe it or not but outside of the internet it's remarkably easy for a Christian to be friends with an atheist and vise versa. They just have to respect that the other person has different beliefs. No reason why it can't work there either...
:biggums: maybe it's your area? Out of everywhere I've ever lived and every group I've ever known within Australia, I've only ever known one legit christian that takes faith seriously.

retaxis
05-03-2013, 09:07 AM
:biggums: maybe it's your area? Out of everywhere I've ever lived and every group I've ever known within Australia, I've only ever known one legit christian that takes faith seriously.
Ever been rural? or minority greek/italian neighbourhoods?

niko
05-03-2013, 09:10 AM
They should give everyone their own shower.

BIG FURB
05-03-2013, 09:23 AM
That's Mike Malone. And he is drawing up defensive schemes not plays. To say Jackson is not a good coach because he doesn't draw up every play would be silly. Many NBA coaches let their coaches draw up plays. Jackson is a great coach.

Ignore the idiots, I remember people used to say the same shit about Doc Rivers.

maybeshewill13
05-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Ever been rural? or minority greek/italian neighbourhoods?

Da fuq would I want to go there for? :biggums:

insomniac
05-03-2013, 11:28 AM
How do him and Jackson get along

By being two mature adults?